[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MTG: Modern General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 24
File: siege rhino.jpg (73 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
siege rhino.jpg
73 KB, 312x445
Last thread died before I could respond.

What would you hypothetically like to see reprinted in modern?

Also is this card a "meme" card or will it see play
>>
Hey I think abzan is still the most value deck in the format.

And I would love to see reprints of the expensive cards.

Also, this is what I'm playing.
>>
>>43916990
Maybe, but I'm still biased to jund.
What expensive cards? I personally want to see a blood moon reprint as much as I hate the card.

Hey, the "losing" Twin. Looks pretty rad, how do y ou like it?
>>
>>43917082
BRUH WON A GEE PEE

I like it. I've always been a jeskai boy. I honestly think that it's only a little bit weaker than UR Twin and it's actually has better match up against other decks than Grixis Twin. But at the same time it has a bad match up against Grixis Twin, so people think it's bad.
>>
>>43916956
>>43917082
You do not need a tripcode to post in this thread. Please don't make this thread more obnoxious than it already is.
>>
>>43917185
honestly forgot it was on

>>43917175
Nice dude. How often do you find yourself relying on the combo to win?
>>
>>43917220
like 30% of the time I combo win. I only go for the combo if I know it'll work (opponent taps out/I have lots of counterspells) or if I'm about to lose anyway. Sometimes if I know I'm gonna get grind out I will try to combo too, like if I'm against control decks. I think UWR Twin is missing a white creature as good as Tasigur to make it super viable.
>>
Reprint:
Counterspell
Vindicate
Innocent Blood
Fact or Fiction
Opt
Mother of Runes
Impulse
Foil
Dark Ritual
Riptide Laboratory
Lightning Rift
Astral Slide
Decree of Justice
Decree of Annihilation
Eternal Dragon
Exalted Angel
Soothsaying

All sorts of Madness cards
Nimble Mongoose

Maybe Wasteland

Unban:
Seething Song
Birthing Pod
Stoneforge Mystic
Bloodbraid Elf
Sword of the Meek
Dread Return
Ancestral Vision
Second Sunrise
Green Sun's Zenith

Maybe Jace, the Mind Sculptor
Maybe Preordain

Let the format rework itself for six months or so, then reban accordingly.
>>
Do you have any cards that you are totally against playing just out of principle? For me, it's Meme Rhino and Memegoyf
>>
>>43916956
I think that force would be good for the format.
>>
File: 20151130_170125.jpg (1 MB, 2048x1152) Image search: [Google]
20151130_170125.jpg
1 MB, 2048x1152
These are my G/W elves. White for more sideboard options. No Black cause Shaman of the Pack isn't worth it IMO. Deck needs Craterhoof then I'm satisfied.
>>
Is grixis delver still a good deck to play?
>>
>>43917291
I think you're right, Tasigur justifies an entire color (that and K-Command)

>>43917571
>counterspell
Same
>vindicate
Might be too powerful but I really want it, I think it would make Esper viable
>Opt
Twin blah blah
I just want Preordain. I'd be happy with preordain
>Innocent Blood
That would be good
>FoF
I dont think it would see play
>Mom
I'd like to see it
>Impulse
>Foil
Maybe?
>Dark Ritual
Why?
>Rip Lab
Snapcaster becomes too good
>Lightning Rift&Astral Slide
That would be rad
>Decrees
I dont know if they would see play
>Eternal Dragon
I'd play it
>Exalted Angel
>Soothsaying
That card is great. I'd run it.
>Mongoose
Might see play
>Wasteland
I'm against it desu

Unban:
I honestly can't agree most of it except maybe Bloodbraid Elf (because of personal biases) and Sword of the Meek, although it would kill aggro. Actually Vision wouldn't be bad, and Sunrise would be fine.

>>43917589
Nah, I'm fine with anything. Maybe Infect because its gross, but thats about it.

>>43917615
nah man

>>43917723
Whats the sideboard look like?
>>
>>43917571
Shit, I forgot
Add the cycling lands (from Onlsaught and Urza's I think) for Astral Slide and Lightning Rift.
>>
File: 1448935050493-1948489812.jpg (825 KB, 2048x1152) Image search: [Google]
1448935050493-1948489812.jpg
825 KB, 2048x1152
>>43917760
Sideboard WIP. Play against Affinity a lot so got some hate. Also die a lot to infect so I run Melira. Jagged Scar Elves cause they get huge depending on how many elves I have and can tap to deal it's power in damage to pesky fliers. Beast within cause green has few removal spells. Another ezuri just incase. Burrenton cause I'm very easily gimped by removal and board wipes from red.
>>
>>43917856
I just started building elves, any tips?
>>
>>43917895
Prepare to get very salty when someone blows up your mana dorks or archdruids. Also get ready to take a lot of damage to the face cause you need your elves for that mad mana. But it's a lot of fun cause you can get out of hand very quickly if your opponent doesn't stop you. I want to get cavern of souls but with blood moon in my meta I can't justify 50 bucks for a card that'll just turn into a mountain when I need it.
>>
>>43917753
Its tough to play, but I think its a good deck. I run it sometimes, although I'm garbage at it. I actually forget why its in a down swing right now.

>>43917856
You could just run more spellskites for infect, its pretty good at shutting them down. They can still beat you with regular damage, it just takes longer.
>>
>>43917973
If someone boards in bloodmoon against elves they should be taken out back and shot.
>>
>>43917571
Unban sword of the meek and preordain. Stoneforge and bloodbraid probably wouldn't be a good move. Wouldn't mind deathrite shaman though.

Ban splinter twin because i'm tired of seeing it.

>>43917753
I always find it hard to close out a game with modern delver decks.
>>
>>43917997
Problem is its usually a flying infect guy that kills me. Elves have serious problems with flying.
>>43918090
Way she goes. I'm just happy I'm not that dependant on lands for mana and run more forests than any other land source.
>>
>>43917571
>Reprint:
>Counterspell
seems ok. should make hard control viable.
>Vindicate
sure.
>Innocent Blood
yes, we actually need this
>Fact or Fiction
great card
>Opt
fair
>Mother of Runes
would make abzan combo too good

>Impulse
yes, if only because it doesn't need to be 50bux

>Foil
unplayable

>Dark Ritual
for what purpose?

>Riptide Laboratory
lel

>Lightning Rift
oh yeah

>Astral Slide
ohhhh yeeeeeahhh

>Decree of Justice
fringe

>Decree of Annihilation
fringe

>Eternal Dragon
fringe

>Exalted Angel
seems fair

>Soothsaying
k

>All sorts of Madness cards
hue.

>Nimble Mongoose
too powerful

>Maybe Wasteland
too powerful

>Unban:
>Seething Song
storm could be fun. hope u brought ur trickbindz

>Birthing Pod
absolutely format warping

>Stoneforge Mystic
too powerful IF Batterskull remains unbanned

>Bloodbraid Elf
far, far, far too powerful for modern

>Sword of the Meek
could be format warping. tread carefully

>Dread Return
probably too powerful

>Ancestral Vision
sure. should be fine.

>Second Sunrise
eggs needs to go and stay go

>Green Sun's Zenith
sure

>Maybe Jace, the Mind Sculptor
too powerful

>Maybe Preordain
nah, Opt would be fine.
>>
>>43917760
>Vindicate
>Might be too powerful but I really want it, I think it would make Esper viable
My main fear with Vindicate is that it would go right into Junk as Maelstrom Pulse+, but I think it would help other color combinations more than GBx because they don't have access to a similar effect.

>Opt
>Twin blah blah
>I just want Preordain. I'd be happy with preordain
I've never understood this argument. For a one mana cantrip, digging deeper is generally way more important than instant speed. In this regard even Semen Visions is better than Opt.

>FoF
>I dont think it would see play
I think it might help develop a UBx shell control deck. UR relies on Snap+Electrolyze/K Command+Cryptic for its CA, and Esper has Esper Charm and Sphinx's Rev. UB has nothing to really compete with that. I'd like to see a BUG control deck, perhaps in the style of "The Baron" with Gaea's Blessing.

>Impulse
>I dont think it would see play
This has a greater danger of breaking Twin than Opt does. I still don't think it would, Twin generally doesn't have an issue finding the combo except in fast games against decks like burn.

>Foil
>Maybe?
It's an awful card 90% of the time, but I see people complain that Combo decks get to play free counters in Modern (Pact of Negation) but fair decks don't. And then there's guys like this >>43917615, so Foil is a compromise.

>Dark Ritual
>Why?
Why not? There's no combo support for black rituals in Modern, and it might make somebody's mono B shitbrew more fun.

>Rip Lab
>Snapcaster becomes too good
You're probably right, but I like the idea of a Mono U wizard tribal deck with Snappy, V Clique, and Venser.

>Decrees
>I dont know if they would see play
They were part of the Astral Slide shell in Standard, same as Eternal Dragon and Exalted Angel.
>>
>>43918137
Redirct the buff targets to Spellskite. Makes em slow.

>>43918266
You're probably right about Vindicate, Junk might run 4x and just wreck face. And yeah its a weak argument but its the only one given.

Also you just want to play Astral Slide. Which is fair, its really cool I'd play it
>>
>>43917723
What do you think about running lead the stampede over cord of calling?
>>
>>43918543
I'm not dead set on playing Slide EXACTLY LIKE STANDARD, but you can't throw a build-around-me card into a format like Modern without proper support. For an Astral Slide reprint to matter you'd have to reprint some of the cycling cards that made it good.
>>
I'm building Esper mill. this is what I have so far opinions?

>inb4 memes

4 Polluted Delta
4 Flooded Strand
2 Ghost Quarter
3 Watery Grave
3 Hallowed Fountain
5 Island
2 Swamp
2 Plain

4 Hedron Crab
4 Jace's Phantasm

4 Visions of Beyond
3 Remand
3 Path to Exile
4 Archive Trap
4 Glimpse the Unthinkable
3 Mind Funeral
3 Surgical Extraction
3 Supreme Verdict
>>
>>43917760
>I think you're right, Tasigur justifies an entire color

I would just play 4 paths and 2 "white tasigur" and be done.
>>
>>43918802
I don't like it
>>
>>43919825
Cut some lands, a surgical extraction, and supreme verdict.

Add thought scour, nephalia drownyard, and remand, mind funeral, path #4.

Have the sideboard transform into Esper Gifts reanimator.
>>
>>43918802
3 mana for a shitty collected company. At least with chord you can fetch whoever you want and if you don't have the mana you can at least tap your army or elves for convoke. I usually turn 3 play collected company, tap archdruid for mad amounts of mana, convoke for ezuri, and win on turn four.
>>
>>43919825
Jace, the Merfolk Looter
>>
>>43916956
Thragtusk.
>>
File: 1424119250342.png (362 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
1424119250342.png
362 KB, 700x700
>>43921257
>>
>>43919825
Get the phantasms out of there.
>>
Once the fetch lands from Khans go out of standard rotation, what's gonna happen to their price? (Polluted delta as an example)
>>
>>43922299
They'll slowly creep up until

a) There is a bunch of speculation and they spike to scalding tarn levels

Or

b) They are reprinted again (unlikely within our lifetimes)
>>
>>43922299
Tiny dip possibly but the smart money is on nothing, perhaps even rising. People aren't dumb, they know fetches are eternal staples with no where to go but up. If you need a playset, buy them now. As good a time as any.
>>
If i'm in Mardu colors, is there any situation where i should have Terminate OVER Path?
>>
>>43922299
>didn't pick up things like Bloodstained Mire when they were 7 dollars even though I know I should have
Kill me.
>>
>>43923488
When they would accrue a significant advantage from an extra land I guess?
>>
>>43923581
also mandatory "why not both?"

>>43919825
I'm not revealing my gpqt mill deck but archive trap is the only way to make a fast "burn" type mill without making it control imo.
If they made another 1drop mill creature as dank as Hedron crab I swear mill would be modern viable, which it should be since it's so damn easy to sb against (literally toss your whole sideboard in worst case scenario)
It would also allow me to use memory sluice which is a cool af mill card
>>
>>43923493
why are we so stupid?
I had the money, my lgs was selling them for pretty cheap, I knew they were gonna go up and I still didn't. Fuck my life.

So I was joking around at the Modern at my lgs with my opponent while shuffling, and I asked him
>how many Rhino's are you running?
and he replied
>the full twelve.
Which got me thinking, what's a dumb 12/16 rhino list that one could put together?
4x Bring to Light
4x Rhino
4x Phyrexian Metamorph
4x Phantasmal Image
is what I'm working with at the moment, with enough kill spells and control elements to mean that I can survive til turn 4.
In testing, loses to Blood Moon and burn.
Probably loses to nearly everything actually.
>>
Relatively new to Modern, and MTG altogether.
What deck archetypes are generally the most played? Looking to read up on them to get an idea of how the format works. Ty boys.
>>
>>43924184
http://www.mtggoldfish.com/metagame/modern#online

Here ya go pal
>>
>>43924290
Thanks friend, have a good day.
>>
Hey guys, I've been introducing my friend to magic over the last week in the modern format, using commons and uncommons I've collected in my time. He's at the stage where he wants to build his own deck but I dont want to put him off by telling him he need to sink major money into it.

He likes the mana ramp of green along with it's fatties, while also liking the control and slow tempo that blue gives. I threw a few simic cards at him and he liked it.

Any idea of a cheap deck that he could build and still have fun at FNM without losing every game?
>>
>>43923493
>Got into magic with m15
>still in the scrub stage where i didnt aopreciate the value of fetches when they were
I hate myself
>>
>>43917615
This. How can you say "no kills before turn 3" then not have the best card for the job
>>
>>43917571
Go play legacy, all of that's legal and it's more fun to boot
>>
>>43924456
http://mtgtop8.com/event?e=10980&d=262504&f=MO

This is literally perfect. Scapeshift minus the blue, but still capable of hitting top 8 at a large event.
>>
Why is Gideon Jura the most used Gideon in Modern and not any of the others?
>>
>>43924883
He's capable of stabilizing the board and then winning the game afterwards.
>>
>>43924495
hey when i started i pulled a jace in a card share and let the other guy take it. he sold it before it even reached 20$
>>
File: green lex luthor.jpg (35 KB, 628x599) Image search: [Google]
green lex luthor.jpg
35 KB, 628x599
>>43924456
mono-green stompy
http://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/286207#paper
>>
So what is better against chinkmage, tormod's crypt or grafdigger's cage?
>>
File: brilliant.jpg (3 KB, 126x95) Image search: [Google]
brilliant.jpg
3 KB, 126x95
>>43917760

>vindicare
This is the hero Living End deserves
>>
>>43926866
If you are sideboarding just to counter Tiago, you are a retard.
>>
>>43926866
Cage. Crypt is a one-time use while Cage stops Snap from working the whole game.

I like Relic better though, since it can eat a card in their graveyard every turn (disabling Snap's versatility) or just pop every graveyards in case you suspect Tasigur or Angler to be coming soon.
>>
>>43926866
Torpor orb.
>>
>What would you hypothetically like to see reprinted in modern?
A nerfed version/tweaked of Hymn to Tourach (Ode to Tourach?) for 8rack, something like BB(B?): An opponent of your choice player discards a card of his or her choice and another card of your choice, if he/she has only one card he/she discards it and loses 1 life. You lose 2 life. Could be banned for Standard on arrival for all I care.
>>
>>43923493
>tfw got my playset for under 30

based ebay discounts

I wouldnt worry too much desu, they actually will go down after standard rotation. Not a lot, but they will.
>>
>>43927089
We already have that. It's called wrench mind.
>>
>>43927139
But it's not.
>>
>>43927089
I totally agree, I'd love to see something good to replace wrench mind. That idea is fucked though, thoughseize and a random discard together for BB is way too strong.

It should be "Target player discards two cards" Not as good as Hymn because it doesn't randomly fuck their lands, better than Wrench mind because it doesn't hang on artifacts.
>>
>>43927120
>desu

what the hell? how did that get there? That's supposed to be "though"
>>
>>43927143
It's a nerfed hymn.
>>
>>43927153
This could work as well, but I also think going around Leyline (no targetting) for the cost of 2 life like with TS could be included. If you don't draw a Rat and/or Lili against anything with Sanctity in side you're fucked more than 50% of the time, Ensnaring Bridge only stops so little if you don't start discarding yourself until you draw something of import. Only Affinity and Burn/zoo dump their own hand fast enough on their own without discard and neither sides Leylines.
>>
>>43917589
>Tarmogoyf
>Principle
Top kek how's life being poor?
>>
>>43927468
>having to pay 100 dollars for a piece of cardboard, maybe more than a thousand for a full deck, to be viable is totally fine
>>
>>43927628
Get a job or another hobby, like collecting food stamps.
>>
Deck choice advice: There's an event where I believe the metagame will be mostly jund and burn. I am able to play grixis control, grixis twin, grixis delver or UR twin / all in twin. What should I play and what cards can i play maindeck to give me an edge? im thinking blood moon in delver (don't really love doing it) or in UR/all in twin, and maybe spellskites main also.
>>
>>43927668
skred
>>
>>43927668
If Burn will be a heavy player then the only viable choice from the ones you posted is UR Twin, just don't go all in combo because if you do then BGx will be even harder given that a single B discard spell could fuck over your whole gameplan.
>>
>>43916956

Just play Wilt-Leaf Abzan.

Now you have 6/7 Rhinos
>>
>>43927662
What a neckbeard
>>
File: Question_Block.gif (356 KB, 231x232) Image search: [Google]
Question_Block.gif
356 KB, 231x232
I have a friend who plays MTG. I know NOTHING about the game, but I want to buy him some cards for Christmas. Just a few packs. Is there any particular kind I have to get? He's not a world tourney player or anything, but he does frequent a local comic shop every week and plays, so he's semi-serious. Suggestions?
>>
>>43917723

You should really run 3 Ezuri mainboard. CoCo elves don't need Craterhoof Behemoth to win actually. Fit a Chameleon Colossus or two somewhere in your sideboard against Grixis Decks.
>>
>>43917856

Throw in a Kataki, War's Mage and a Bow of Nylea.
>>
>>43927942
How much are you looking to spend?
>>
>>43927089
>A nerfed version/tweaked of Hymn to Tourach
it's called Rise // Fall
literally hymn but fixed so it can't mana screw your opponent
>>
>>43927942
It depends on what your friend plays. MTG has a couple of different formats where different cards are legal. Standard is the most popular format and only allows cards from the most recent expansions, if that is what your friend plays the expansion 'Dragons of Tarkir' or 'Battle for Zendikar' are probably your best options.

Modern (which is what this thread is about) allows [almost] all cards printed after a certain point. If he plays that it's difficult to buy packs because there are so many to choose from. If you have the budget consider a set called 'Modern Masters' (note: there's a Modern Masters and a Modern Masters 2015 edition, the original set is way better).

If he plays anything else you should give up on buying him packs because other formats aren't nearly as easy to shop for.
>>
>>43928015
~$20?

>>43928053
I have no way of knowing, so perhaps just go with standard and hope for the best? I don't mind if I don't buy him some uber awesome win-all card, just the thought that counts, and if the pack has a "decent" card, that's good too.
>>
>>43928497
You could get something called the Holiday Gift Box for about $25. It comes with 5 packs, some land, and a decent storage box and dividers. If you do, make sure to get the Battle for Zendikar one and not the Khans of Tarkir one. The Khans box is shoddy.
>>
>>43928497
if he's a competitive player then boosters will probably be wasted on him. we like specific cards needed for competitive decks rather than random packs of chaff. i'd say you'd do him a better service by just buying a pack of card sleeves (dragon shields are nice) and maybe like a deck box or something.
>>
>>43928497
Just get him a gift box. He won't like it but he will know you at least did some digging into shit you don't care about.
>>
>>43928048
It's a pile of shit
>>
>>43927928
No but seriously, you knew how much this hobby would cost the second you stopped playing casually. You knew how much Modern would cost as soon as you started looking into the format. Niow you're bitching about the cost? Go fuck yourself and find another hobby.
>>
How viable are budget decks in Modern? What's the most viable budget deck?
>>
>>43929141
Depends on the specific decks used in your meta as well as the general level of competitiveness in your meta.
>>
>>43928984
What a deluded loser holy shit
>>
>>43923488
In general I would rather run Terminate than Path.

>>43926866
Grafdigger stops both Snapcaster and Collected Company. So I say Graf

>>43927668
UR Twin. It's not a good matchup against Jund but it's probably the best, everything else you just listed would get eaten alive.
>>
>>43928717
It's pretty good when you use it as soon as your notice your opponent missed a land drop.
>>
File: fake wooded.jpg (73 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
fake wooded.jpg
73 KB, 600x800
>>43928984
Stop me from playing with these chinamen beauties
>>
So I firmly believe that goblin tribal will only be truly viable (like elves/merfolk) if they reprint Goblin Lackey. Kuldotha red and "burn with goblin grenade" don't cut the mustard imho.
Opinions?
>>
>>43929596
Did you buy them from chinaman on Skype or somewhere else? I can't seem to contact the guy, but maybe he is ignoring me.
>>
>>43929812
Yes the skype guy. I haven't contacted him recently so I don't know. Sometimes it takes 2 or 3 days, sometimes he responds immediately.

Which cards do you want anyway? Some are shit and some are really good.

>>43929763
I'd prefer warchief desu
>>
>>43929763
Goblins need gas.
>>
>>43929960
Zendikar fetchlands and Liliana, basically. That's all I need to finish Twin and Jund. I prefer real cards but eh, I'll get them when they get reprinted with the new stamp.
>>
>>43924501
Not to mention that force is horrible against fair decks. Card disadvantage is even more painful in modern than it is in legacy.
>>
>>43930048
Liliana is passable, the symbol is a bit odd and the color a bit off.
The only fetchlands I have seen are Arid mesa (good), Marsh flats (good), Wooded foothills (good too) and Scalding tarn (too dark, but not super exceptional)
I'm sorry I can't help you more
>>
>>43930103
What do you recommend the most, then?
>>
>>43930182
Go for the fetchlands but not Lili. Or both. I have two friends using fake Lilianas and nobody noticed yet, but I wouldn't risk it personally.
>>
>>43930310
I mean what did you order and what's the best out there?
>>
>>43929960
Warchief mbc, so many great goblins are R or RR and so few are 1R that I'd still have a tough time choosing between him and chieftan
Matron is also acceptable
>>43929986
They lack gas but I think that could be their "thing", dump your hand and go full-out mobbin' goblins, with the downside being card advantage.
A "Goblin Visionary" could help with gas and also make warchief that much more baller tho
>>
>>43930352
Top tier:
Wasteland, Damnation, Leyline of Sanctity, Bitterblossom, Steam vents

Great tier:
Wooded foothills, Arid Mesa, Snapcaster, Goyf (modern masters), Marsh flats, Dark depths, Mox sapphire

Good:
Lili, Scalding tarn, Blood moon, Twin

Meh:
Thoughtseize (both versions), Cryptic command

Shit:
Aether vial, Ensnaring bridge, grove of burnwillows
>>
>>43930494
Sweet. Thanks, I'll keep this in mind (assuming he messages me back one day).

I'd gladly pay for real $10-$20 enemy fetchlands with the holostamp, but Wizards doesn't want me to. Chinaman wins until then.
>>
>>43927971
Usually do. Chameleon isn't useful in my meta.
>>43927988
Kataki is coming. Bow of Nylea isn't worth it. Whenever I do decide to attack my guys are big enough to kill anything and the mana to cast the bow could be used to pump elves instead.
>>
>>43930610
What is his contact info? Just browsin and heard I could get a snapcasters
>>
>>43927988
Kataki is strictly worse than stony silence
>>
>>43930787
They're both pretty different, anon.
Actually they're both really different, aside from 1W artifact hate
>>
>>43930924
No shit, but when would you ever want Kataki over stony silence?
Affinity can deal with the creature easier than the enchantment
Same goes for Lantern
>>
>>43917856
Do you find every game plays the same? Do you get bored of linear aggro?
>>
>>43930973
Well of course, same reason magus of the moon is "inferior" to blood moon
Doesn't mean strictly better though, situations for both imo.
>>
>>43930787
In a CoCo/Chord deck, Kataki is strictly better.
>>
>>43930973
Kataki also doesn't interfere with your plan "play creatures and move to combat", enters from Company, can be fetched with Chord. Overall Silence is better, but in elves, hatebears and alike, Kataki is breedy gud.
>>
Speaking of goblin tribal, what would you like to see to make vampire tribal work?
I think they could use a cool 1 mana powerhouse, I don't know what would glue it all together though but I'd really like to see each colour get it's own powerful tribe in modern.
Metagame is preetty diverse but more diversity is always fun

I also want bant to shine
>>
>>43931437
Kataki can be better as well cause sometimes I'll draw my stoney silence and not have any white sources of mana to play it. Chord and CoCo don't discriminate colour and let you play any creature provided they're under 3 mana.
>>
Any bloom fags here? Im thinking about running 2 boros garrisons and 2 slayers', because every once in a while I end up with one of them in my hand after the first few turns and can't do the titan + slayers combo because of this anymore (or delayed). Why/Why not do that?
>>
>>43930787
>I don't know what strictly worse/better means but I want to sound like I know what I'm talking about, so I state my opinion as fact
>>
>>43932509
Hey man easy there, we're all friendos til the endo.
>>
>>43932509
>I try to flex my Internet muscles but just fall for bait like an idiot
>>
>>43931666
Lacerator is as good as we can get I think. Problem with tribes in modern is that they don't really get support other than efficient creatures and lords. When meta was diffrent in legacy and goblins were good you often just drowned your opponent in card advantage. Ringleader, matron and others just kept refilling your hand until they couldn't find more answers. Of course, turn 2 seige gang from lackey is great. Blood moon locking some colors also has minor synergy with king which is nice too. Things like that. Vampires just have some cool lords in Captain and Nocturnus and not much in tribal card advantage or other cool synergies.
>>
>>43933104
I'm really hoping for the new set to breathe life into goblins, Piledriver is a baller and I approve 100% but I don't even think he can work in standard (wait is rabblemaster still in?! if so i retract that statement)
Merfolk get 8 copies of 2-mana lords, with spreading seas being pure butter on top of it, which is awesome imho.
Maybe vampires could get 2-mana lords too (a man can dream...)
>>
>>43932012
I'm not a bloom player but let me ask you this: do you think that change would compromise your manabase in anyway?

From what little I understand, Bloom titan has a pretty wonky manabase already. I understand your plight but do you think the change will solve more problems than it might create? If yes, you have your answer. brainstorm reprint when
>>
>>43916990
isn't jund better?
it gets k.command and lightning bolt over siege rhino and lingering souls
>>
>>43932012
>Why not do that?
>2 garrisons
Nope, you have selesnya/gruul and mines to produce white and red without it.
Titan is a two turn clock, even if the first don't charge : just get pact and the following turn, play the stronghold and go with one or two titans (or blue sources to counter the opponent's removal)
I did 10/12 last weekend with it (3/0; 3/1; 4/1)
Fuck twin, fuck the moon.
>>
What cards do you want to see banned and unbanned?

For me, I want to see some part of the Amulet Bloom deck banned... Probably Summer Bloom itself.

I think Ancestral Vision can come off, along with Stoneforge Mystic, thanks mostly to so many decks running K Command maindeck nowadays.
>>
File: meddlingmage.jpg (144 KB, 745x1040) Image search: [Google]
meddlingmage.jpg
144 KB, 745x1040
I'm rich and want to play my waifu in Modern. Any good esper hubs left?
>>
>>43934151
Thoughtseize and counter everything then Rev for 15.
>>
>>43930746
policy not to say anywhere public, good luck finding someone in a more private forum somewhere
>>
>>43934179
question about thoughtseize, direct discard has always been a weird mechanic for me in sub four turn clocks. I've not yet found it consistently useful enough to spend the turn tapped and waiting. Is it just that esper doesn't have better turn one options or that people really do get that much value from it?
>>
>>43933824
No. Junk gets path, better burn hate and artifact hate in the sideboard, and it can grind out longer games so easily. In fact Junk generally beats Jund because of Lingering Souls and the Rhino
>>
>>43934151
i really want to see someone just memorize all even semicommon decks and build the whole thing around shutting all their operating parts down and swinging red with MM.
>>
>>43928497
I am very against buying packs for magic players, because most of the time the player doesn't actually want any packs and just buys individual cards, plus it's kind of like buying a lottery ticket. I would say the best thing you could get him would be sleeves, either KMC Hyper Matte or Dragon Shield Mattes are my favorite, KMC perfect fits are good too but there's a chance your friend (incorrectly) doesn't bother double sleeving. Alternately deck boxes are good, I really like the Ultra Pro Satin Tower. Also the "Sign in Blood" Life pad is pretty sweet, and it's usually not something a magic player would buy himself but would totally love using, although I like using a Boogie Board for life total too.
>>
I wish I there was a way players at FNM would stop wasting my time with bad decks. They're atrocious. For fucks sake, no one wants to play against shit like jeskai twin or sultai midrange, play a real fucking deck like jund.
>>
>>43930062
The only problem with force and ancestral visions to an extent is there application in twin. Legacy is partially balanced by the combo decks generally having trouble playing force
>>
>>43934151
I played something like this at FNM a couple times. It's fun, and will win games, but it desperately needs a good removal spell that's not path, and a good counterspell that's not mana leak. That's the weakness of Esper in Modern.
>>
>>43934682
Shit, I forgot the list

Esper Midrange (Modern):

Creatures: 14
3 Tidehollow Sculler
3 Meddling Mage
2 Snapcaster Mage
3 Geist of Saint Traft
3 Restoration Angel

Instants and Sorceries: 20
4 Path to Exile
3 Inquisition of Kozilek
3 Thoughtsieze
1 Spell Snare
2 Deprive
1 Logic Knot
1 Go for the Throat
3 Esper Charm
1 Dismember
1 Murderous Cut

Other Spells: 2
2 Elspeth, Knight Errant

Lands: 24
3 Celestial Colonnade
4 Flooded Strand
2 Marsh Flats
2 Polluted Delta
2 Hallowed Fountain
2 Watery Grave
1 Godless Shrine
2 Plains
2 Island
1 Swamp
3 Darkslick Shores

Sideboard: 15
4 Lingering Souls
2 Stony Silence
2 Rest in Peace
2 Celestial Purge
2 Spellskite
1 Baneslayer Angel
1 Jace, Architect of Thought
1 Sorin, Solemn Visitor
>>
File: Image.ashx.jpg (27 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
Image.ashx.jpg
27 KB, 223x310
>>43934682
It already exists
>>
>>43934704
I've been going full control and its honestly okay. If you can live to turn 4 you'll do okay.

4 Celestial Colonnade
2 Hallowed Fountain
2 Watery Grave
3 Island
3 Plains
2 Drowned Catacomb
4 Path to Exile
4 Esper Charm
3 Supreme Verdict
2 Sphinx's Revelation
3 Snapcaster Mage
4 Flooded Strand
3 Polluted Delta
2 Ghost Quarter
1 Swamp
4 Think Twice
1 White Sun's Zenith
4 Shadow of Doubt
3 Spell Snare
3 Logic Knot
3 Cryptic Command
SB: 2 Stony Silence
SB: 2 Celestial Purge
SB: 3 Thoughtseize
SB: 1 Dispel
SB: 1 Baneslayer Angel
SB: 1 Elspeth, Sun's Champion
SB: 1 Consume the Meek
SB: 3 Surgical Extraction
SB: 1 Teferi, Mage of Zhalfir

This list I'm playing with is really metagamed though.

And yes, that's literal Big Elspeth. Its impossible for Jund to beat it once resolved.
>>
>>43934341
Jund is better positioned right now. Lightning Bolt and Kommand are better than Path and Lingering Souls in the meta
>>
>>43934682
thoughtseize, path, spellsnare, fat elspeth and command was my current thoughts
>>
>>43934854
I feel like the kind of deck that wants thoughtseize is not the same kind of deck that wants to be playing Cryptic Command.
>>
>>43934724
I sideboard 4 logic knots to switch out leaks or whatever else i thought was gonna be better than knots in the meta
>>
>>43934854
>fat elspeth
Jesus no. Are you one of those retards than picked her when she was on her price peak and now want to make back some of the loss by jamming her in modern?
>>
>>43934869
i'm working thoughtseize as a "this is how it make it to turn 3" card turned into "this is something to upset him with" after that point
>>
>>43934899
You wouldn't play Big Elspeth in the maindeck. She's a midrange trump card that's nearly impossible to remove.

I mean, Alex Bianchi thought Elspeth was good enough to run in his sideboard and he won a GP, so yeah
>>
>>43916956
>Also is this card a "meme" card or will it see play
>implying anyone will ever run a creature with toughness 5 or lower in a format with dismember

lol
>>
>>43934899
what's so bad about her if the game's gonna last that long?
>>
>>43934970
I think his reaction was probably in the maindeck. Elspeth is for white sideboards what Keranos is for URx sideboards.
>>
>>43934966
Wow. This is true stupidity
>>
>>43934970
Firstly, this is modern, you can't guarantee the game will last till turn 6. Secondly even when she is down she doesn't win you the game but takes another 4-5 turns to do so and the only sure thing she does the second she hits the floor is locking down the ground, not even the board, just the ground, which leaves death by combo, burn, air, unblockable and all that common shit.

>>43934943
I think she is "okay" as a one off in the side against BGx (Junk better yet) and grindy mindrange decks (which are few and far between in modern aside fron BGx and Jund isn't that slow like 30-40% of the time) and that's it actually.
>>
>>43934335
Thoughtseize is proactive disruption. It is a 1:1 trade and provides no real "value." Discard is helpful against reactive decks and good against decks with a specific plan like combo. Discard is bad against aggro or decks with a high degree of redundancy. Proactive cards and reactive cards (ala counter magic) don't mix favorably.
>>
>>43934899
Big Elspeth is an amazing card in a Control deck like this >>43934765 that will have the mana to cast her on curve when they need to. At 6 mana though, she is to expensive to run in a midrange deck like the kind that would mainboard Meddling Mage. Knight-Errant is much better for that because of her synergy with Geist/Sculler/Meddling Mage etc.

>>43934724
I love Logic Knot, but it's just not the kind of card you can run four of.

>>43934765
The Wafo-Tapa style deck is what I settled with as well, after trying out the midrange deck I posted. I love how confused some people get when they play against me. It's not really a weird or janky deck, but control is so underplayed in Modern people don't know how to deal with it.

How is three logic knot working out for you?

You wouldn't happen to be from the Esper Draw-Go thread on MTGS would you?
>>
>>43934966
/tg/ is bad at magic isn't a meme
>>
>>43935134
Don't USUALLY mix favorably; is what I meant to say.
>>
>>43935042
>>43935197
I thought it was a pretty good joke about Dismember's dominance in Standard, and how it pushed out cards like Phyrexian Obliterator.

3/10 for effort at least.
>>
>>43935145
>How is three logic knot working out for you?

Pretty good. Its rare that I can't delve to pay for it.

>You wouldn't happen to be from the Esper Draw-Go thread on MTGS would you?

I've seen the topic, but I don't post in it. I've used it as a basis for crafting sideboard choices though.
>>
Speaking of Logic Knot, I've been experimenting with including it in my grixis deck with a reduction in delve creatures to accommodate. I think it's a very solid inclusion. I just need a suitable replacement for my delve fatties to ease off the graveyard a bit. I don't think that will happen anytime soon.
>>
>>43935272
Logic Knot is a lot better in something like Wafo-Tapa Esper Draw-go, where you're not jamming delve threats anyway.

You could probably play a single copy of it, but overloading on LK would hurt Grixis' core gameplan.
>>
>>43935272
>with a reduction in delve creatures to accommodate
>I just need a suitable replacement for my delve fatties to ease off the graveyard a bit.
Not worth it by a long shot. Zombie fish and tallyman are the wheels that make the grixis shell work so you shouldn't fuck with them at all.
>>
>>43935366
Its possible he could play a single copy, but yeah Grixis gameplan is to jam out big delve threats + disruption to win.

The wafo-tapa esper shell wants to 1 for 1 forever, then get ahead with Cryptic Command, Esper Charm, Revelation, etc. to close out the game, and Logic Knot gives the deck a 2 mana hard counter that's never dead at any point of the game. Which is huge for that shell.
>>
>>43935299
I agree. I've found that I can comfortably support at least two with two delve creatures in addition. However, the low finisher count critically weakens the deck and the conflict between delving for beats and delving for permission is very feel bad.
>>
>>43935483
Well you're constantly tapping out for threats.

In Esper, you don't even need to delve for something a lot of the time. Like Junk playing Rhino on t4, you can easily Logic Knot it by paying UU1. The delve is just there so you can have a turn, like you cast Verdict and have UU open afterwards, so you can tag whatever the followup is.
>>
So how's this for a starter? http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/modern-esper-swinging-red/

Land (24)
4x Celestial Colonnade
4x Flooded Strand
2x Ghost Quarter
2x Hallowed Fountain
3x Island
2x Plains
3x Polluted Delta
2x Swamp
2x Watery Grave

Instant (22)
2x Cryptic Command
4x Esper Charm
2x Logic Knot
4x Path to Exile
2x Shadow of Doubt
3x Spell Snare
2x Sphinx's Revelation
3x Think Twice

Sorcery (7)
3x Lingering Souls
2x Supreme Verdict
2x Unburial Rites

Creature (7)
2x Gurmag Angler
3x Meddling Mage
2x Snapcaster Mage

Sideboard (15)
1x Dispel
1x Elspeth, Sun's Champion
2x Geist of Saint Traft
2x Kirtar's Wrath
2x Murderous Cut
3x Surgical Extraction
3x Thoughtseize
1x White Sun's Zenith
>>
I really like the idea of thoughtseize with MMage. it lets you see their hand and removes the biggest threat allowing mage to hit whatever other bad stuff could be there. She seems like a 2 of main deck with 2 more sideboarded in every game because you'll know better what to call.
>>
>>43935556
You're not playing enough lands to get real value out of revelation. It gets a lot better the more lands you have in play, and on just 24 you're going to have x=2 most of the time, which isn't that impressive. The purpose of Revelation in any kind of UWx deck should be as a means to shut the door on a game.

Unburial Rites just seems like its randomly thrown in there just because. Meddling Mage is an okay sideboard card, but I don't get why its in the main.

I get this is supposed to more proactive, but I feel like a proactive Esper shell is more along the lines of Tasigur/Lingering Souls/Flip Jace, etc. as the core. You're hedging between proactive and reactive elements, and I don't really like that.
>>
>>43935654
I'm trying to make a deck for meddling mage in particular. I like the idea of using turn 2 to put a permanent kink in their engine. And this is from the get go pure waifu faggotry enabling.
>>
>>43935556
I don't think Angler or Tasigur work well in this shell. Normally they are good because you can power them out early but when you can't do that (which you can't) they are just overcosted vanilla beats. If you try to ape Grixis then you are just going to be a worse version of it.

You need a better wincon, but that is one of the two major issues that hard control has in modern, the lack of good wincons.

26 lands, for fucks sake.

Unburial do nothing, what are they even doing there
>>
>>43935654
the land thing seems like a kicker tho. possibly move unburial rites to the sideboard and add in a couple tar pits or something. drop the extractions and add a dispel.
>>
>>43935693
A meddling mage deck wants to be playing thoughtseize, gitaxian probe for info, and Tasigur/Angler/Lingering Souls as a clock

>>43935706
>You need a better wincon, but that is one of the two major issues that hard control has in modern, the lack of good wincons.

Its not the lack of win conditions. Collonade and White Sun's Zenith are more than good enough. You need a card like Abrupt Decay that can slot into control decks in order for it to be really good in modern I feel like. Path to Exile, Esper Charm, Logic Knot, etc. are great bridges to get to the late-game, but I feel like you're one piece away from getting there.

IE either swords to plowshares or counterspell.
>>
>>43935800
how 'bout deprive? is the land bounce that much of a deal breaker?
>>
>>43935839
Deprive's drawback is the most painful on turn 2-3. On turn 10 its like whatever, but in the early game it sucks. If you have a graveyard you don't mind nuking, Logic Knot just does the job better.
>>
File: land grant.jpg (30 KB, 251x355) Image search: [Google]
land grant.jpg
30 KB, 251x355
>>43916956
First thing that comes to mind is Cabal Therapy, but that would probably be too OP.

How about something a little more subtle, like pic related?
>>
>>43918252
>yes, if only because it doesn't need to be 50bux
Huh? Those are $1 each.
>>
File: 1422021602185-1.jpg (304 KB, 1536x2048) Image search: [Google]
1422021602185-1.jpg
304 KB, 1536x2048
>>43934151
>his waifu is a nigger
>>
>>43936607
i noticed that for the first time when uploading and grinned
>>
Selling/trading all my Standard stuff off this week.

Feels good man
>>
>not playing 260 card esper "battle of wits" control
>4 thoughtseize
>4 inquisition
>4 duress
>4 despise
>4 tidehallow
>every control card you can find
You maybe win with wits 10% of the time if you run some idealic tutors alongside it but its not the wincon
>>
>>43936992
I think I'd kill myself if I had to shuffle that thing every time I cracked a fetchland.
>>
Storm is on the rise
Seething Song unban please
>>
>>43934208
All good bro, what if i drop my email ITT?
>>
>>43937027
Storm is on the rise?

QUICK! RAISE THE ROSEWATER SIGNAL!
Hmmmm let's ban manamorphous
Gotta keep the deck fun to play against and not oppressive
>>
>>43937039
I can't wait to sign you up for all the bullshit email spam
>>
>>43937060
All I want is to Empty the Warrens one last time. I switched to Twin but its just not as fun.
>>
>>43937020
you'd have to do it at most once a full match
>>
>>43937156
Ha! Nice try Mr. Troll! Everyone knows spells are ¡badnofun! You won't fool us again! In fact I'm going to ban all of storm forever so that you'll never fool others with your lies!
>>
>>43937082
This is why we can't have nice things and why my delver deck will never have snapcasters
>>
File: ob.png (135 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
ob.png
135 KB, 223x310
Any decks that play pick related?
>>
>>43937435
Yup. I actually just had a deck up for him here >>43924510
>>
>>43937454
ty
>>
>>43937435
Ob doesn't do nearly enough for 5 mana to be playable in modern.

Your standards for 5 drops have to be really high. Keranos is a gigantic value machine that's extremely hard to get rid of, Kiki-Jiki usually wins the game on the spot, etc.
>>
>>43937553
Or they have to be colourless for dem urza lands
>>
I'm getting myself some packs to crack, is modern masters worth cracking?
>>
>>43937553
It's actually 6 mana...
>>
What are the best Abzan cards that arent staples? Im not looking for Goyf or Bob, but also stuff other than Tasigur, Rhino, and the distress spinoffs. Hit me /tg/
>>
>>43939131
Fucking

Duress not distress. How did I even fuck that up.
>>
>>43939131
Armament Corps is great as a top of the curve creature. Does something the moment it enters the battlefield and permanently buffing a Rhino or Goyf +2/2 is no joke. Also Doran is really nice I'd recommend running 2 of him.
>>
File: 123574_1.jpg (16 KB, 226x311) Image search: [Google]
123574_1.jpg
16 KB, 226x311
I've been using him instead of Jace Vyrns Prodigy in my UR Twin sideboard and he's a real powerhouse. He's only 3 mana and instantly evades Lightning Bolt. Then he starts giving you card advantage for a few turns. Against aggro he buys you a couple turns as they'll usually attempt to remove him because he gives you so much card advantage. Against control and midrange he helps ensure you have answers in hand. He's really good and I think unfairly underrated in modern.
>>
>>43939355
I'm a big fan of little Jace, he does a lot of work
>>
>>43939652
I just don't get the love for Vyrns Prodigy. He dies to bolt. His looting ability is only ok. And even his walker abilities aren't that great. Minusing a creatures power is ok against aggro but that's about it. His flashback ability is about it for real good abilities. His ultimate doesn't even do much.
>>
File: VALUE.jpg (146 KB, 578x737) Image search: [Google]
VALUE.jpg
146 KB, 578x737
>>43940080
But anon, don't you love VALUE?
>>
>>43940080
>late game
>flip jace
>your graveyard becomes your hand for a turn
>>
>>43940279
>late game
>flip on the stack
>lightning bolt
>>
>>43940341
>why would I ever run a creature with 3 toughness or less if it dies to bolt?

also
>late game
>not having counterspell mana open
>>
>>43940441
>why would I ever run a 2CMC creature with 3 toughness or less which does nothing when it enters the battlefield if it dies to bolt?

FTFY
>>
>>43940441
This, plus if they bolt him they spent a card and a mana to kill a card that cost 2 mana, so it's not like they come out on top that much. Assuming you didn't use his ability either, they spent resources answering blue; blue doesn't really give a fuck since 90% of their resourses are answers to your cards, and the other 10% are wincons, one of em being 2 mana babby jace.
He's good for his cost.
>>
>>43940641
Yeah ikr dark confidante sucks since he dies
>>
>>43940080

i feel like he is used almost entirely for the planeswalker flashback ability, and its enough to be pretty value

if you look at competitive magic, low drop planeswalkers tend to be pretty strong
>>
>>43940279
>delayed action snapcaster
>yog will
Not quite
>>
>>43934179
>Playing Rev in a Dispel format
lmao
>>
>>43940080
I tried him in shardless bug, where he never did much for me. When I'm playing against a flipped Jace, most of the time I just ignore him and win through the marginal value
>>
>>43940788
>not saving a mana to dispel counter their dispel
>almost 2016
>>
>>43940826
But the value!
>>
>>43940989
>not pact of negating your OWN DISPEL
shigirumiyamodigitydoo
>>
File: asdfdf.gif (56 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
asdfdf.gif
56 KB, 300x300
>dude at fnm plays slowly
>his friend gives him jeskai ascendancy combo to play
>fucking slow as shit
>don't let it tilt me
>2-0
>mfw

Why on earth would you pick up a combo deck like that if you don't know how to play it?
>>
>>43941082
Its fun. Watch the belcher player try to play doomsday sometime.
>>
>>43928497
buy him a card called thoughtseize.
>>
Can I counter my own spells to generate counters on shit that gets counters if I cast noncreature spells
>>
Seriously, is it asking too much for madness to be playable in modern? It's not even that strong although Circular Logic is great. Even if it's not UG, god damnit. We just need:
>Wild Mongrel
>Circular Logic
>Roar of the Wurm
>Quiet Speculation
the other cards (careful study etc.) can be supplanted.
>>
>>43943426
Tribal decks and decks built around specific mechanics (hellbent, convoke, madness etc) are just weaker in general because they don't have enough power printed in them. they may have a few powerhouse cards but mostly the majority of the cards using the mechanic aren't playable. If you want to use that mechanic in a deck just use the best card that uses the mechanic in an already good deck.
>>
I'm going to make Modern Goblins work

20 Mountains

4 Aether Vials
4 Lightning Bolt
4 Goblin Grenade
4 Krenkos Command

4 Goblin Guide
4 Foundry Street Denizen
4 Goblin Bushwhacker
4 Mogg War Marshal
4 Goblin Piledriver
4 Goblin King/ Chieftain

Can this work?
I already have burn so I'm not worried about tier. I just love Goblins.
>>
>>43943667
Anon, what I mean is that, even if they were to use the madness cards in a different deck, first we need them to be legal. Currently all we have in modern are the jank B/R madness cards from Time Spiral.
>>
>>43943426
Circular Logic is my waifu.
>>
'scuse me, meme deck comin' thru

https://www.reddit.com/r/magicTCG/comments/3v1huz/modern_faerie_ninja_homebrew_tournament_report/
>>
File: 1447983915203.jpg (13 KB, 267x200) Image search: [Google]
1447983915203.jpg
13 KB, 267x200
>>43941297
>mfw I actually play both
>>
>>43929316
>poorfag detected
>>
How playable is tron nowadays, specifically Mono-U and GR Tron? I want to play tron but there's little info on the 'net
>>
>>43945128
Look again
>>
>>43945128
Still not too experienced with modern, but from what I've heard tron is still quite strong, with GR being the stronger of the 2. Ugin and Newlamog have both been nice additions to the deck, and we might even see something helpful printed in OGW.
That being said, I THINK that it has an unfavourable matchup vs twin (not terrible, but overall kinda in twin's favour), which could be why it's putting up less results now as meta is very splinter twin heavy.
>>
Got rid of all my Standard stuff

Feels good
>>
I'm going to buy into both modern and legacy, and it would be cool if I could save a bit of cash by buying something that shares stuff. I know merfolks is basically the same besides sideboards and fow, but are there any other decks that share the big stuff?
>>
>>43943386
Yes
>>
>>43945128
GR has been solidly tier 1 for a little while now there should be tons of info everywhere on the net. Blue has dropped of though due to some poor match ups but will do well in certain metas still, but i'm no expert on tron.
>>
>>43938663
Just buy singles, no pack is ever worth cracking unless you want some stuff to mess around with before you develop a serious deck.
>>
>>43945442
burn and infecct both share a decent amount also. most decks have some expensive thing in legacy that they dont share with modern though (waste, fow, booth in the case of merfolk). Affinity also shares a lot but it's probably the weakest of these options in legacy (besides maybe burn)
>>
>>43945214
>>43945632
What about uw tron? Not that guy but i want to get into modern since i like the big card pool and uw tron seems like fun. It isnt one of those decks you bring to casual magi is it though?
>>
>>43946548
The UW has mostly faded out in favour of the variants, but it still exists and still does fine. Im sure it would do fine in a fnm sitting, but if your playing actual casual with casual people they will probably hate you pretty fast with any viable deck.
>>
>>43946911
What would be the worst deck you could bring to casual?
>>
>>43946548

UW tron has advantage against aggro matchups while a little bit disadvantaged against control and combo. U Tron on the other hand is advantaged against control and combo but disadvantaged against aggro.
>>
>>43945442

Merfolk(as you already guessed), Infect, Elves and Storm (I think?)
>>
File: snapcasterbugsme.jpg (89 KB, 623x285) Image search: [Google]
snapcasterbugsme.jpg
89 KB, 623x285
I've been playing BUG Dredgevine recently which has been struggling against Snapcaster. Any sideboard recommendations out of these three?
>>
>>43939355

Play it with Notion Thief. ALL THE CARDS.
>>
>>43947071

Ground Seal or Leyline.

Ground Seal replaces itself but doesn't stop Delve(I think?)

Leyline of the Void on the other hand hates on lots of different graveyard based decks as well as being able to drop turn 0.

So ask yourself do you want to be going for value or do you want to completely shutdown or stall a particular type of deck that is fast and can potentially abuse the graveyard(Eggs etc.)
>>
>>43947071
Graveyard hate works, pithing needle maybe? Or torpor orb, or grafdiggers, or relic of progenitus
>>
>>43947184
Or tormods crypt.
Torpor is my fav tho and pithing needle is a close second. Just say "snapcaster" and all your pesky mage problems disappear
>>
>>43947044
>Storm (I think?)
Oh, no no no.
>>
>>43947184
Grafdiggers would not go well in a Dredgevine deck, Relic of Progenitus 1 mana wont do me much good either.

>>43947071
Swaying towards leyline but when I'm milling through my own deck they soon become useless. I'm right in saying I can cast Memory's Journey in response to Snapcaster targeting right?
>>
>>43947184
>>43947212
>Pithing Needle naming Snapcaster Mage
I really hope this is a joke.
>>
>>43947071
Also also, that first one is a pretty card and the flashback fills a cool nich (you don't even need to draw it to jave gravehate, and if you're dredgin you can stop their grave without touching yours!)
I also really like the enchantment one if your deck has enchantment tech. Really cool cards 10/10 wotc
>>
>>43947252
Wait is enter the battlefield not considered an activated ability?
My bad man, I always just thought of needle as "say a card and it doesn't work" but im also a noob so take what i say with a pinch of salt
>>
>>43947299
ETB is a triggered ability
>>
>>43947308
Ahhh k ty.
I'd say leyline then, does it for free, although I really do like that first flashback card.
Leylines are always op as fuck (well a few of em anyways)
>>
>>43947257
Memory's Journey it is for thematics sake. Maybe a single Leyline in there for good measure
>>
>>43947223

Yeah I don't play Storm so I was just guessing there. I know transitioning from Modern Merfolk to Legacy Merfolk is like what, Daze and Force of Wills?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 24

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.