[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
EDH/COMMANDER GENERAL
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 60
Poll edition
http://strawpoll.me/6148774

RESOURCES

http://www.mtgcommander.net
>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.

http://www.tappedout.net
>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.

http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh
>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.

http://www.edhrec.com/
>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the internet.

http://manabasecrafter.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.

CARD SEARCHING

http://gatherer.com
>Official search site. Current for all sets but has a terrible UI.

http://www.magiccards.info
>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface
>>
Anyone voting against Meren is wrong.
>>
>>43924510
>INB4 Blue can do that
What is the most hateful anti-blue deck possible. I want to built it as a tribute to MaRo's rampant faggotry.
>>
All I want is a Red/White Legendary Samurai so I can play a proper Samurai Deck. Is that too much to ask for?
>>
File: 74534.full.jpg (64 KB, 200x283) Image search: [Google]
74534.full.jpg
64 KB, 200x283
>>43924580
http://www.mtgsalvation.com/cards/betrayers-of-kamigawa/11483-fumiko-the-lowblood
literally in the op
>>
>>43924510
Okay, so I built myself a GW commander deck that tries to focus on lots of tokens and life gain with a few spells that give life based on number of creatures on the field, but it's... just not working well. Currently my commander is Trostani, and I have Emmara Tandris in there to protect tokens, with Spectra Ward to use on her to keep her safe, but at this point I'm kind of frustrated as I seem to never be able to get any tokens out to actually populate, and when I do, someone board wipes before I can get Emmara out or some other bullshit.

I'm debating switching to Treva the Renewer as commander so I can use some blue stuff to search for cards, counter board wipes, draw more shit, etc. Does anyone have any suggestions for a token army/life gain deck? I'm looking for specific cards that are just useful on their own or really good combos. GW at the moment, but if someone can give me enough good deck-searching blue cards and/or protection for tokens then I'll gladly change that around. Could also use some nice GWU creatures that have a low drop costs so I can actually get some shit out to attack with, since I'm kind of at a loss for those at the moment, at least on anything that has synergy with tokens and life pumping.
>>
>>43924596
Which token generating cards are you using?
>>
>>43924590
Not that anon, but:
>All I want is a Red/White Legendary Samurai
>Legendary Samurai
>Red/White
>>
>>43924568
Atarka if you want to include his two most hated cards.
Akroma AoF voltron seems like the easier option though.
>>
>>43924622
Yeah i forgot about the
>white
part my bad
>>
>>43924568
it'd have to be either green ore red and run red elemental blast, pyroblast and seedtime
>>
>>43924568
I dunno, something that gets out Iona quick and somehow manages to keep her sticking?
>>
>>43924603
Currently a bunch of Selesnya stuff. Call of the Conclave, Alive/Well, Eyes in the Sky, Grove of the Guardian, Voice of Resurgance and Vitu-Ghazi Guild Mage. I also have Wingmate Roc that can make a 3/4 bird for flyers with a bit more punch. I've got a couple of "prevent damage to your creatures this turn and populate" cards, as well as Wayfaring Temple that lets me populate when it deals damage to a player. I tossed in Parallel Lives because I don't have a Doubling Season, though I plan to put both in once I acquire one.

My biggest problem is that I gave my collection to my brother when I stopped playing years ago, and he gave it back when he stopped playing, but he'd sold a bunch of stuff I had and got a bunch of new stuff, so I'm not as familiar with the period where I wasn't playing, and I don't know what some of the good stuff I have might be, but either way I don't really have a huge collection or a bunch of rare stuff, so commander can be... challenging compared to people who have a huge library to pull from. I play with some friends so I'm able to use proxies if I want, and I'd love to put together something to show them that I can make this deck work, even if I have to print the fucking cards for it. They just laugh and say that token armies aren't viable.
>>
>>43924603
I'd also like to incorporate Privileged Position+Sterling Grove for complete enchantment protection, plus Sigarda, Host of Herons to prevent anyone getting around token indestructability by making me sacrifice them, and round it out by getting out Wheel of Sun and Moon so I can recycle some of the nicer cards, which is another reason adding Blue would be nice, so I can search/shuffle more and keep my library full while pulling exactly what I want.
>>
>>43924596
>life gain deck
I find this is very weak in commander, but if you're dead set on it, can't go wrong with Ajani's Pridemate and Sunbond, especially if you have a GW enchantress theme going. Might consider GW Ajani as well but I'm not sure. Can you post a tappedout decklist?
>>
>>43924675
I actually have GW Ajani in the deck already. I honestly only went with the idea because with Trostani as commander, I gain life equal to creature toughness as it enters the battlefield. Combine that with the Voice of Resurgance token that has toughness equal to creatures I control, plus doubling season and parallel lives, meaning each populate gets me four more creatures that increase the base toughness by four each turn, and top off with Rhox Faithmender that double life gain and I can pump myself up to huge life numbers that are very difficult to whittle down, just from an ability and it's synergy with a couple other cards. GW Ajani can just drop with doubling season and instantly give me 200 life like that, and I tossed in a couple of spells to get life based on number of creatures, which, as you can see, could get numerous very quickly with the right hand. If I have opponents that I need to be tricky to work around then having that giant wall of life points to hide behind can be handy.
>>
>>43924590

She's so bad, I'm not sure I'd run her even if I had a Red/White Legendary Samurai to be my Commander.
>>
>>43924711
>If I have opponents that I need to be tricky to work around then having that giant wall of life points to hide behind can be handy.
And utterly useless because of commander damage.
I'm a huge fan of lifegain decks and I think it's a bullshit rule.
>>
>>43924643
There are a lot of green white cards that are very good at pumping out tokens that you could be including
Avenger of Zendikar
Hornet Queen
Thragtusk
Armada Wurm
Rhys the redeemed
Captain of the watch
increasing devotion
elspeth, sun's champion
>>
>>43924751
That's why you run darksteel mutation and song of the dryads to neutralize commanders.
>>
Why isn't Commander as popular as the other formats?

>Cheaper than the other formats
>Easier to get into
>Fun as fuck, arguably the funnest format
>>
>>43924814
Because there isn't a competitive scene that allows for F R E E money making
>>
Could anyone check out my list and see if it is any good?
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/proper-table-etiquette/
>>
>>43924510
Fuck this, I'm buying GB.
You let me down Daxos. You let us all down. Your waifu a shit ;_;
>>
>>43924841
Too many mana rocks and what the fuck is Lava Spike doing there but sure, seems playable.
>>
>>43924891
I assume it's there to splice Ritual onto, which goes infinite with izzet guildmage
>>
>>43924930
>Playing combo pieces with no use outside their combo

Not even once.
>>
>>43924891
Thanks for your time. Do you have some recommendations for replacements?
>>
>>43925047
Well if you want asshole combo pieces, Phantasmal Image goes infinite with Palinchron as well as functioning as a clone. I'd also include Merchant Scroll, Muddle the Mixture and Dizzy Spell. Transmute is super powerful at those kind of CMCs. Drop Palinchron, untap, Merchant Scroll for Muddle, transmute for Image, drop it as Palinchron, infinite mana, cast Niv, melt the table.
>>
>>43925138
Thanks again. Appreciate it.
>>
>>43925159
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/win-the-pain-artist/

Here's my UR if you wanna take anything away from it.
>>
>>43924868
Not me. I won a big tournament with a Teysa/Daxos deck.
>Shitload of tutors
>Reanimating combo pieces that tutor for the other combo pieces
>Aristocrats support
>Enchantment stax support
>Some of the best removal

I'm having fun.
People are failing Daxos because they want to build Enchantress without green or a Prison deck without blue, when Daxos is a combo/control commander that would rather interact with his own board than with the opponent.
>>
>>43924814
>cheaper
Top kek, old school manarocks and Misra's workshop alone (must for any Arcum list) cost about the same as an entire modern deck.
>>
>>43924639
You mean UW control?
>>
File: 1436925670833.jpg (130 KB, 463x557) Image search: [Google]
1436925670833.jpg
130 KB, 463x557
Terastodon or woodfall primus in my meren deck???
>>
>>43925398
> implying everyone is going cut-throat
EDH is casual too, not just cutthroat faggotry.
>>
>>43925675
>fight blue with blue
It's sad that that is probably the best option.
>>
>>43925699
Primus imo desu senpai
>>
>>43925699
Woodfall with +1/+1 combo generator for infinite things
> or Melira
>>
File: 1436925793216.jpg (127 KB, 477x559) Image search: [Google]
1436925793216.jpg
127 KB, 477x559
>>43925706
>>43925720

I run ole micky D the unhallowed.
I'm thinking, is it worth running both? this meren deck is so hard to make, I have loads of cards that could go in but there's no room.
>>
>>43925699
>Terastodon
Blows up 3 things
Only dies once
>Woodfall Primus
Blows up 2 things
Dies twice

If I was to choose between them I'd go with Primus honestly. Blowing up the 2 best things is usually as good as blowing up the 3 best things, and you don't have to leave tokens behind with Primus.
>>
>>43925743
Link the deck and I'll offer you some good advice for what to cut and add in. I'm a massive tryhard but can operate on a budget when needs be.
>>
>>43925702
the only problem is most ppl tht play edh have stupid collections, which in turn makes them old school players, which in turn makes them obnoxious one upping faggots. ive played mtg for years and edh/cube is my fav
>>
File: IMG_20151201_065048.jpg (199 KB, 1125x523) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151201_065048.jpg
199 KB, 1125x523
Just been working on a custom set for a casual EDH game ... Maybe some thoughts?
>>
>>43925804
replicate for 3 casual? fuck outta here
>>
>>43925804
>more generic spellslinger izzet cards

0/10, apply yourself, and try something original.
>>
>>43925769

I was going to, then I realized it will take ages to create the deck on tapped out since I've never used it before. I pretty much run everything you would expect for a sac outlet/reanimator deck. I play her very grindy.
>>
File: 12.jpg (72 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
12.jpg
72 KB, 312x445
>>43925826
She used to have Franze's power but with 3 counters each.

>>43925815
Actually it is the similarly costed for what exists.

What do you think would be a better pricing?
>>
>>43925804
Back to the containment thread you go.
>>43918095
>>
>>43925893
I am in there. I just wanted some opinions from people actually play EDH...
>>
>>43925882
and thts y they invented RTFC, lol my bad dude
>>
>>43925912
Well your UR is low tier as fuck and just promotes more combo degeneracy, your GB is fucking awful why wouldn't you just run Prossh, and your GW is quite frankly DGM maze runner quality.
>>
File: EDH_Decks.png (2 MB, 1822x590) Image search: [Google]
EDH_Decks.png
2 MB, 1822x590
Well, I guess I'll start the r8/h8 faggotry. I only just posted this one in the last thread, but it's getting near the bump limit. Anyway, am I a total faggot or is there some home for me?
>>
http://deckstats.net/deck-8459674-8ba6681375c0cda9e252d7f0d731cc6c.html new player here, I'd really appreciate being told what's bad about this deck and how I could make improvements, It's a rith deck that focuses on token spam
>>
>>43925964
Hope*
>>
>>43925964
>Baby's first commander
>Degenerate faggot
>Degenerate faggot
>DEGENERATE FAGGOT
>DEGENERATE FAGGOT

Nice going.
>>
>>43924568
(½)
Here is a Sigarda list I made for specifically that: http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/31-05-15-sigarda-host-of-herons-edh/
Sure it’s probably not the ~most~ hateful, but you don't want your deck to do too much of one thing and fail miserably against other decks. Basically there are four major things you want to do against a blue player that this deck can absolutely do:

KEEP THEM FROM PLAYING SPELLS ON YOUR TURN. Green and white give you access to a ton of cheap spells to do just that, and BEFORE they get a chance to even counter anything. This includes cards such as:
>Leyline of Lifeforce
comes down for free if it’s in your opening hand
>Grand Abolisher
only WW and guaranteed to catch an opponent off guard
>City of Solitude
>Dosan, the Falling Leaf
These are your three mana options. There are probably more expensive, better options but I'm also trying to keep things in Sun Titan range, if only as a guideline.
>Gaea's Herald and Defense Grid
I don't run them in this particular deck but you should definitely look into them if your meta is extremely blue-heavy.

Next thing you're gonna need is A WIN-CON THEY CANNOT INTERACT WITH, which in this case is your general, Sigarda. She already has two means of protection, one of which is incredibly beneficial against a blue player(Hexproof). But you're gonna need more than that. How do you deal with:
>Cyclonic Rift
Flickerform is gonna be your MVP in the match-up against blue. Chances are you have more money than me and have more access to more expensive tutors. Even a Heliod's Pilgrim is probably great to put in. Flickerform makes Sigarda literally impossible to remove if you can always keep 4 or more mana open (putting indestructible on it also works in limiting the options of other players).
>Combat Tricks
Grand Abolisher, Dosan, and City of Solitude should keep them from Playing Aetherspouts, Illusionist's Gambit, Cryptic Command, Time Stop, Polymorphist's Jest, or Cyclonic Rift of your turn...
>>
>>43925986
>Playing bad cards so that the blue player is hampered
I assume you wind up losing to the other players most of the time?
>>
>>43925986
(2/4)(fucking forgot to count how many sections this would be)
...Consider creature tutors for Dosan and Abolisher if, again, your meta is extremely blue-heavy
>Counterspells
If you cannot land any of your anti-countermagic cards, simply try to out-value them. Even if they counter your auras, get some card draw off of them with your enchantresses. Then later, simply attempt to cast Replenish or Retether to get them back. Try to land a Stonehewer Giant when they are tapped out and you catch them off guard(this will be GG if you get one equipment, argentum armor or a sword of blank and blank, with it. So basically if it lives a turn)
>Extra turns
Okay, if your local blue player is enough of a jackass that extra turns is a consistent problem, perhaps you should be running Uril as your general instead, which will give you access to Stranglehold as well as a plethora of red hate against blue, including Price of Glory and War’s Toll (perhaps I should have been preaching Uril from the get-go, now that I think about it. You see, red and green being blue’s enemy colors, they have the most hate cards against blue. Sadly, I do not have an Uril deck though, so I am just preaching what I know. Do your own research into the hate cards in red, in addition to those in green, white, and colorless that I may have forgot to mention, and make your own choice as to what kind of general you need. Uril is also a great choice as an uninteractive win-con)

Next thing you’re gonna wanna do is DENY THEM THEIR RESOURCES. White is the best at this generally. I didn’t decide to invest too much into this however. The most I decided to go into was land destruction. We have:
>Armageddon
The classic, of course. Blue mages won’t typically have much on the field other than some mana rocks and one or two value creatures like sphinx(unless they’re playing Talrand, of course). Deal with them before-hand and you should be good to go...
>>
>>43925986
There's no such thing as impossible to remove, I promise you. I'll Trickbind the Flickerform and Aetherspouts. Or just like, Council's Judgment her.
>>
>>43926006
(3/4)
>Catastrophe
2 more mana than Armageddon for the added flexibility of being a board wipe for creatures if you find yourself behind.
>Cataclysm
Probably the best one, as for 1 more mana than Armageddon it will deal with huge board states as well, and will almost always leave you ahead(1 Sigarda, 1 equipment, and 1 aura is all you need on an empty board.)...
>>
>>43925986
>>43926006
>>43926025
That you've planned this far ahead just makes me think your deck is really shit.
>>
>>43926025
(4/5)(shit)
...And lastly, something we all hate and you’re probably asking yourself about, how do we DENY BLUE THE EFFECTIVENESS OF THEIR CONTROL MAGIC? While blue lacks more than a handful of traditional removal(which they will need if they can’t counter your spells) they have the ability to gain control of any permanent on the battlefield. So how do we deal with:
>Enchantment based control magic
Return to Dust is my favorite artifact/enchantment removal spell in all of Magic, so just run that regardless. Beast Within is great against just about anything. The great thing about green and white is having access to some of the best artifact and enchantment hate in the color pie. If enchantment-based control magic is a huge problem, consider repeatable options like Aura Shards.
>Bribery/Acquire and other non-targeting removal
Homeward Path, while I don’t have one, will always be your friend in the situations where the blue players take something directly from your library. Run land tutors such as Sylvan Scrying or Expedition Map if its a consistent problem. You can also run cards that give you, the player, hexproof. (I used to run Aegis of the Gods for a while because of the really cool art. But looking back this is actually probably the best option for the deck, being an enchantment AND a creature AND two mana makes it easy to tutor and easy to play). If you are unlucky enough to get hit by a Cultural Exchange, the options I mentioned previously should still come in handy.
>Clones
As we know, clones don’t target. If someone clones your Sigarda AND becomes a problem (not likely unless the have clones for your noncreature shit as well) you can always WOG the board if it's advantageous to you and your Sigarda still lives. Remember, clones cannot deal commander damage so just out-Sigarda them and be sure to put a form of life-gain AND Armadillo Cloak(stacks with life gain) on her. You should be mostly fine here.
>>
>>43926037
(5/5)
In conclusion, blue is fucking broken and you should just play that instead, you baka. I mean, LOOK AT ALL THE THINGS BLUE CAN DO. In addition to all of that, blue is THE SWINGIEST color of magic. I once had all of my PERMANENTS wiped TWICE playing my mono-blue deck and I STILL WON. Chances are you will lose to something completely out of your control anyways, like the blue player RoR-ing someone else’s Terastrodon So here is my mono-blue decklist: http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/talrand-sky-summoner-edh-4/
You’re welcome. Hope I helped.
>>
>>43926034
Works fine in my meta. Don't just jump to conclusions. Test the deck yourself on Cockatrice or Xmage. I don't mind if you take what I say with a grain of salt(as you should) and improve my decklist to your liking/playstyle. I know I'm not perfect. Assuming something is bad without trying it is just a really irritating mindset imo.
>>
>>43926024
True, I'll admit I did not think of Council's Judgment. I run Trickbind and Stifle myself but I know no one else who does. Of course, that does not excuse me from making blanket statements that end up being false. Thank you for your input.
>>
>>43925975
Shirei is "degenerate"?
>>
>>43925975
But Nek is fun. Can't have all of everything being degeneracy. Gotta have fun.

Nek is actually complete degeneracy
>>
>>43926122
In fairness it is pretty bad in the right situation. Turn 3 Gpact into saccing 6 apostles is pretty lewd.
>>
So. I'm thinking of putting the Bogbrew witch combo in my Meren deck. Terrible idea or most fun?
>>
>>43926214
Looks really fun. As for being good, I dunno. If you have a way to recur that bastard 10 times in a game, I would say it is most viable. Especially if it's 2-4 turns.
>>
>>43926242
I think there's better things you could be recurring 10 times in a game to be honest.
>>
>>43926242

Meren herself can recur. But what are my other options besides Sheoldred?

>>43926252
True. But it'd be funny to see how people would react.
>>
>>43925969
Actually looks pretty good. I don't really play tokens much, but it looks pretty beefy. I didn't see it, but you should get a Doubling Season/Primal Vigor/Parallel Lives ASAP if you don't have them already.
>>
>>43926274
Well, you could run Dutiful Return, Eternal Witness, Treasured Find, Dread Return, etc.
>>
>>43924568
Bobo enraged. Throw in carpet of flowers, tsunami, monsoon, red elemental bladt, pyroblast, gut response, rubric thar, vexing shusher, viashino heretic, defense grid, vandal blast and friends, azusa'so land destruction package, and a few uncounterable fatties. Obliteration and cycle decree are great to have as well.
>>
>>43925398
Commander has more variety in cheap decks though I think.
>>
>>43925398
you don't have to be a try hard in commander to have fun.
>>
File: 14364153858349.png (273 KB, 453x453) Image search: [Google]
14364153858349.png
273 KB, 453x453
>>43925398
>there are pieces of cardboard in this game that cost more than a gaming console at launch
>said pieces of cardboard literally cannot be reprinted to drop the cost to a more reasonable price
>>
>>43927273
It's gonna be funny when MTG goes south, WOTC goes bankrupt or the world goes to hell

then they will really just be pieces of cardboard

People will pull their pristine black lotuses from their vacuumed display cases and be tossing them into a flame to stay warm
>>
File: lemaymay.png (1017 KB, 1284x487) Image search: [Google]
lemaymay.png
1017 KB, 1284x487
>>43925964
Is sharuum combo?

Anyway, pic related is my decks. Here's a fun game: Which deck would you most like to play against, and with what deck of yours?
>>
>>43927315
>implying that the prices wouldn't quadruple because nothing is being printed but people still want to play edh
>>
File: 635032498739017804.jpg (69 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
635032498739017804.jpg
69 KB, 312x445
Aboshan Cephalid tribal, I've got one up and running. Every Cephalid ever printed, clone spells and changelings. Any must haves you can think of? Don't have a deck list on me, sorry.
>>
>>43927788
Magic will die from lack of interest, so with a lower demand chances are the prices will go down as well. Black lotus and other legendary cards will always be expensive, but overall the places trying to move product won't be able to justify 200 or more for a goyf.
>>
File: 1411729585-35323500[1].jpg (65 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1411729585-35323500[1].jpg
65 KB, 600x600
I've been thinking of turning my Anafenza Tiny Leaders deck into an EDH deck since no one really plays the former in my area.

How good is Anafenza in EDH?
>>
>>43924510
C15 precon ratings:

WR: Good artifacts, rest is bleh
WB: Fun commander, strong commander, good reprints, otherwise dull
UG: Maro sez: "wah, green shouldn't be doing that, it should be blue"
UR: Fun commanders, combo pieces
BG: Strong commanders, probably a good starting place if you're serious
>>
>>43928046
Abzan aggro/hatebears is really infuriating to play against if they know what they're doing.
>>
>>43928046
I can imagine her being in edh, honestly what worries me is the fact once she dies once or twice will it even be worth playing her? are you going to try voltron with her? I honestly couldn't imagine her winning with commander damage unless you get real lucky dodging removal. Not many people like creatures getting exiled instead of hitting graveyard
>>
>>43928121
Well, she isn't too small and will still pump your army of dudes.

I'm just worried about running out of gas early in multiplayer games.
>>
>>43928187
I think you'll be fineee. You can always tweak and edit as you go along. I don't think you'll run out of gas as long as you run some black card draw. My ulamog deck runs out out of gas turn 4, but ulamog is on the field so W/E. the real fear is pacifism or wave of vitriol in my case.
>>
>>43928046

For Duel Commander (1v1) she seems to be very strong: http://mtgtop8.com/archetype?a=245&meta=99&f=EDH

I guess a deck similar to those, but a a few bigger/more expensive threats and with a little more ramp/mana crystals to get to them could be quite strong in multiplayer as well, as long as you're not dealing with a meta full of infinite combos that don't rely on their graveyards.
>>
>>43925804
Kill yourself
>>
File: 635120394249202961.jpg (423 KB, 640x885) Image search: [Google]
635120394249202961.jpg
423 KB, 640x885
>>43928187
Oh, I'd run howling mine, blood scrivener, seizan, perverter of truths and maybe even font of mythos if you keep playing your hand early. Gotta keep that draw going.
>>
>>43927483
I'd say Sharum can be combo if you use it with sculpting steel and something that cares about cards entering the battlefield like altar of the brood.
>>
>>43928046
probably best used as a GW hatebear deck, but with added black for extra removal and hand destruction
>>
>>43928046
Yeah, tiny leaders got old fast. The limited cardpool made it so very few legendaries could be used well, and the 50 card deck limit meant that variance between decks, especially in the way of land bases. Eventually the format was solved due to the small cardpool.
>>
>>43928461
She's in flicker colours, so Brago and friends would work. Duplicant would work well.
>>
>>43928532
Solved?
>>
>>43928618
Basically, in a solved game there is one objectively best strategy or path. He's exaggerating, but not by much.
>>
I'm making a pretty casual Slivers deck, are there any non-obvious must-have cards?
>>
>>43928770
Prophet
Vedalken AEthermage
>>
Guys I want to build an abzan reanimator deck. What are some essential cards? This is what I have so far
Abzan edh

Karador ghost chieftain

Pelakka wurm
Runescarred demon
Nighthowler
Voyaging satyr
Elvish visionary
Fleshbag marauder
Merciless executioner
Nyx weaver spider
Baneslayer angel
Griselbrand
Blood artist
Siege rhino
Managorger hydra
Obzedat, ghost council
Blood baron of vizkopa
Vampire Nighthawk
Reclamation sage
Woodland bellower
Voice of resurgence
Eternal witness
Courser of kruphix
Scavenging ooze
Kokusho, evening star
Resolute archangel
Viscera seer
Angel of serenity

Nissa, vastwood seer
Liliana, heretical healer
Sorin, solemn visitor
Sorin markov

Sol ring
Living death
Commune with the gods
Unburial rights
Bitterblossom
Treasured find
Lingering souls
Evolutionary leap
Thoughtseize
Duress
Chord of calling
Abzan ascendacy
Birthing pod
Whip of erebos
Languish
Crux of fate
Wrath of god
Heroes downfall
Doom blade
Reviving melody
>>
File: 1310428764653.jpg (77 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1310428764653.jpg
77 KB, 1280x720
>>43928938
idk using tappedout is a pretty essential card
>>
File: 1446590570343.png (2 MB, 1600x1000) Image search: [Google]
1446590570343.png
2 MB, 1600x1000
>>43928938
>not using tappedout.com
>2015
>>
>>43928461
thanks, but my question was more if that guy's sharuum specifically was combo oriented.
>>
File: 4chan banner.jpg (26 KB, 300x100) Image search: [Google]
4chan banner.jpg
26 KB, 300x100
>>43928938
>copies and pastes entire list instead of using tappedout
>>
>>43928938
Well first off Grissy is banded, draw seven at instant speed is vomit inducing good. Also lifeline is straight up in of the best reanimator value tool I've seen yet.
>>
>>43928974
>>43928986
>>43929019
I made it from the top of my head. I know nothing about edh
>>
File: ftl188_sea.jpg (105 KB, 620x375) Image search: [Google]
ftl188_sea.jpg
105 KB, 620x375
>>43928938
>Is too fucking lazy to copy and paste his list into tappedout
>>
>>43928938
holy shit senpai, put that list into tappedout baka
>>
>>43928938
Griselbrand is banned in EDH unless your playgroup is cool with him.
Most of the cards listed there are pretty good, but maybe try a few more creatures with helpful enter the battlefield effects, like acidic slime and woodhaven elves. You could probably do with using more cards that help with the reanimator theme, like karmic guide, sun titan and dread return. Some of the discard cards like duress and thoughtseize don't do so well in muliplayer formats either, so they aren't really needed.
>>
>>43927918
A better tribal. How many of those squid are playable without your general?
>>
>>43929084
I meant wood elves. Not sure if that other one is even a real card.
>>
>>43928974
>>43928986
>>43929019
>>43929040
>>43929072
>all these plebeians
>not knowing every single magic card off of memory
>not being able to instantly and thoroughly evaluate a deck with a text list alone
And he only posted 50 cards, it's not even an entire deck
>>
>>43929149
At this point, why don't we just have USE TAPPEDOUT in the OP? This shit happens once a thread.
>>43928938
Targeted discard's pretty lame when you have multiple opponents, Griselbrand's banned, get some ways to value out with saccing things and throw some lands and mana rocks in and you'll be fine.
>>
>>43928938
>Nissa, Vastwood Seer
My nigger. Baby Nissa has to be my favorite green card of all time.
>>
>>43929222
>>43929084
>targeted discard is bad

you guys are right

>>43929265
hell yeah. flipwalkers have amazing value in reanimator decks

I was thinking about adding primeval titan, shadowborn demon and increasing devotion. I still feel like I need some more self mill though
>>
>>43929149
How about not shit posting an entire list down the thread? You know how many people post rate or critiques? Once people start to think its okay its going to make EDH threads garbage. It's an eyesore at best.
>>
>>43924628
What's his two most hated cards?
>>
Anyone up for a game on xmage?
>>
>>43929453
primeval titan is banned in EDH, mainly for being able to fetch dark depths and thespian's sage at the same time.

If you want to go heavy with the mill you could try hermit druid. It isn't always consistent, but it can pay off and fill the grave very quickly.
>>
File: NeverKnowsBest.gif (151 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
NeverKnowsBest.gif
151 KB, 500x375
>>43929453
>Primeval Titan

First G-Bizzle then Prime Time. It's like you don't know how to read.
>>
>>43930041

Hornet Sting is his meme response to it. Chaos Warp I think is the other one.
>>
>>43930404
I think he hates hornet queen more because of how big it was in standard for a while
>>
>>43930041
Song of the Dryads
Chaos Warp
>>
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/meren-rock-edh/

r8/h8/decim8

wanna cut 2 cards for llenny elf and llenny elf 2: elf harder, and also maybe runed servitor because i love it.
>>
File: commanders.png (694 KB, 1125x364) Image search: [Google]
commanders.png
694 KB, 1125x364
>>43925964
as long as you don't ACT like a total faggot I'd play with you
>>
>>43929149
I do know all of those cards, the problem is I don't want to read a wall of text
>>
>>43930679
It's not like you're any better.
>>
>>43930755
Somehow, despite my degenerate decks, all of my playgroups are pretty fond of me
>>
File: My EDH decks.png (1 MB, 1205x882) Image search: [Google]
My EDH decks.png
1 MB, 1205x882
>>43930798
Yeah, mine too
although I feel like they're slowly losing their fondness of me
:'(
>>
>>43930293
again, I know nothing about edh. I only know its the most casual format so I assumed there wouldnt be a banned list.
>>
>>43930949
Banlist isn't set in stone. You COULD play it if your group is okay with it.
>>
>>43930949
It's not even close to the most casual format.

Those fuckers take this shit very seriously. It has a more intense ban list than several formats.
>>
>>43930982
>edh
>not supremely casual
>>
>>43931028
Your playgroup must be shit.
>>
>>43931053
your head must be stuck up your ass
>>
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/01-11-15-for-whom-the-bell-tolls/

tell me. tell me how shit this machine of life and death cycles is please. tell me how bad it is. i want to know
>>
File: 949.jpg (430 KB, 1695x572) Image search: [Google]
949.jpg
430 KB, 1695x572
>>
File: 1283453564837.jpg (207 KB, 745x716) Image search: [Google]
1283453564837.jpg
207 KB, 745x716
>>43930970
i wish i could convince them to let me play with my god damn recurring nightmares. fuck this gay earth
>>
>>43925964
>>43930679
>>43931233
Why are there so many tryhards in this thread?
>>
>>43931325

Becase you're on /tg/, that's why. This is the place where all the friendless, kissless virgins come to dick measure their hundreds of dollars of cardboard decks to other friendless, kissless virgins, since no one in their local game stores wants to engage with them.
>>
>>43931325
yeah, how dare people play they way they enjoy it!
>>
>>43931325
Haha I'm glad you don't consider me (>>43930841
) a tryhard like my group does. I did have a Maelstrom Wanderer deck but I took it apart after a long while. It was way too gay. It beat a six person table on turn two once.
>>
File: my commanders1.jpg (78 KB, 520x370) Image search: [Google]
my commanders1.jpg
78 KB, 520x370
I've been trying to put together a new deck, might try my hand at Kalemne stax/goodstuff or Newzuri value dudes.

Xenagos is midrange beats with some extra equipment.
Kothophed is monoblack control with a smokestack included, need to add a Jitte to it though.
>>
>>43931325
I'm willing to bet that you'd cry if someone tries to pull an infinite combo.
>>
>>43925986

Black Sun's Zenith says hi.
>>
>>43931501
you mean toxic deluge, or mutilate, or any target exile with arcane lighthouse, right? melira is in the deck so BSZ wouldnt work
>>
>>43931501
Look at the decklist fag.
>Melira, Slyvok Outcast
OH LOOK AN ANSWER TO BLACK SUNS ZENITH DUURRRR AREN'T YOU SMART
I'm not even him but you fa/tg/uys are as dumb as a rock sometimes.
>>
>>43931558
my friends own all three of the bullshit angels amongst themselves, so i try and play around them a lot when i make a deck, in case avacyn, sigarda, and iona come out
>>
>>43930534
Hooded Hydra is a nonbo with your commander. Queer and Llanowar Elf seem strictly better than your myr. Needs a Sad Robot. I can't really tell what your wincon is.
>>
>>43931637
my friend plays those three AND melira in Sisay. Not much you can do after that...
>>
Who's the most fun, Phenax, Szadek or Lazav?
>>
>>43931677
It's an easy way to rack up experience counters on your end step, but I'd probably just use Mistcutter for can't be countered/pro-blue and CMC 1.
>>
>>43931705
PICK ONE YOU BRAINLESS MILL ZOMBIE
THEY'RE ALL EQUALLY SHITTY AND REQUIRE NO SKILL
Phenax for the eater of the dead combo
>>
>>43931705
lazav, he actually does something with milled cards instead of just milling a lot
>>
>>43931699
what decks do you use?
>>
>>43931705
mimeoplasm.

consuming abberation, phenax, vulturous zombie, prophet of fuckery and any clones to add to the shitstorm
>>
>>43931749
These: >>43930841
Talrand is the only one that ever even won a game against him, but that was against his(equally scary btw) shaman tribal deck
>>
>>43931298
It's near impossible to deal with though
>>
File: sidisi.jpg (79 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
sidisi.jpg
79 KB, 312x445
Need one more cut for Necrotic Ooze. Also RIP this deck because I'll never afford Gaea's Cradle.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/sidisi-aggro-dredge/
>>
>>43931677
It's more for making tokens than rezzing repeatedly. I'll probably swap it for a sadbot when I can. I can probably drop the myr easy enough.

as for my wincon, among my group it's usually pathbreaker ibex + silly numbers of tokens, or just making people rage quit.
>>
>>43931743
I've just been feeling like trying something different for once and those three (and possibly Wrexial) filled something I never tried out.

>>43931745
Yeah, I suppose that's true.

Are there enough cards to go for some kind of "targeted mill" strategy that take out specific cards of the deck and don't run the risk of accidentally milling several good creatures I'd need at once?

>>43931788
I want to get away from U/G bullshit, have been playing that combination for way too long now.
>>
>>43927483
Yeah, but I don't have any engines really. It's just some stuff I threw together. Put all of my attention into maxing out Nek.
>>
>>43931705
I ran Lazav for awhile and he's not that fun. He's a hill giant unless you can take out a titan or something.
>>
>>43931790
alesha and rakdos should have no problem against them, unless you dont have a decent amount of removal at your disposal. talrand i can see dealing with it easier though. look into icefall regent, tamiyo, clausterphobia, encrust for ways to deal with sisay herself. is what i would do. kinda tempted to make a mono blue and a sigarda come to think of it...

>>43931842
understood. but that would be the funnest of mills though.

>>43931817
totally is if you use krosan grip/ you cant cast "x spell here".
>>
>>43931743
>>43931705

Personally I would just play Oona control with infinite mill combo. Even if you don't get your combo then Oona will still exile shit and you have the option of throwing in some tribal stuff for your faerie tokens.
>>
>>43931790
All of those decks except for the monos should have little trouble dealing with your described boardstate. If all else fails, you have duplicant, brittle effigy, scour from existence, and probably one or two other colorless exiles you can throw in. Cyclonic rift, apocalypse, final judgement, warp world, scrambleverse, toxic deluge, insurrection, and athe least ten more things in your colors can save you from that, or he'll just pitching needle naming sisay. You have options.
>>
>>43930679
I'm typically a nice guy.

One time I was playing in a 6man. Pheldagrif decided to have us all go get our basics out of our deck. I ran a lot of basics at the time. Like 10. They were all untapped. And he also had Rites of Flourishing out. So, Naturally I drop an Orrery and pass turn. Eight and a Half Tails player tries to Austere Command naming artifacts. I like my artifacts. I counter it. So he decides to throw 5ish swords on 8.5 tails and swing at me. So, I did what I had to. Laid down wheel of fortune. Dropped a fork. Slammed Nek on the stack. Slammed Grim Haruspex on the stack. I already controlled kederekt parasite. Let the stack resolve. Nuke table for 52 damage. They all just looked at me and picked up their cards.

I wasn't even trying to win, but fuck getting hit by 5 swords.
>>
Anyone playing Newzuri right now and could offer e some insight in how effective the deck is? I have the fathom mage and foil sage of hours sitting around my desk and want to use them. I'm probably going to pick up the precon and work on it from there. Wish it included Pathbreaker Ibex though.
>>
>>43932021
if you live in so cal i'll give you mine
>>
File: Edh Commanders November.png (1 MB, 1520x768) Image search: [Google]
Edh Commanders November.png
1 MB, 1520x768
Slowly getting my lists up. Here's Zurgo since >>43908633 asked. Going to be finishing Mazirek later tonight and work on Kalemne.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/zurgo-helmsmasher-boardwipesuperfriends/
>>
>>43932065
Sorry, live more than 18 hours away from so cal. Not worth.
>>
>>43932021
The deck can blow up realyl fast if you manage to get a single big token trigger through while Ezuri is out.

You can also run all the usual U/G degenerate shit, which is nice.
>>
>>43932090
How's Rasputin? I've thought about throwing him in my UW deck, it's already got a good helping of flicker, but that six-cost scares me.1
>>
>>43932160
Not that anon, but he goes infinite with a regular sac outlet and nim deathmantle, so that's cool.
>>
alright. should i build a azami fun and sigarda angel good stuff? or build a gwafa hazid angel beatdown?
>>
>>43932300
flying beatdown*
>>
File: images.jpg (6 KB, 156x160) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
6 KB, 156x160
Probably a better question for a MTG general thread but I'll just ask here because I don't see another

Are there any /tg/ approved MTG youtubers? I'd really like to learn more about the game before I get my ads whooped at FNM or a modern Monday event
>>
File: (4).jpg (132 KB, 585x585) Image search: [Google]
(4).jpg
132 KB, 585x585
>>43932423
there are mtg youtubers?
>>
>>43932448
Quite a few actually, most outside of CFB's channel are hotdog shit though.
>>
File: Rasputin.jpg (82 KB, 222x180) Image search: [Google]
Rasputin.jpg
82 KB, 222x180
>>43932160
To be honest: I haven't gotten around to playing him yet since I just finished constructing him. This Thursday and Sunday I will be able to test him out.

I've bought Rasputin as a Christmas Present for myself because I've always wanted to build a deck around him. I've had Bruna for a long time then decided that Aurelia/Kalemne would be my Voltron general of choice.

Just like >>43932178 said, he has combo potential with Deathmantle/Sac Outlets (Ashnods being the preferred one.) Key cards you'd play with him are X-Draw spells like Blue Sun's Zenith, Stroke of Genius, and Sphinx's Revelation, the former two making a player draw their deck with infinite mana. I also use the Palinchron/Phantasmal Image combo because I have no soul.

I also use Scroll Rack/Land Tax, along with Terminus, Temporal Mastery, and Entreat the Angels and play somewhat like a Miracles deck.

Looking at it though, I think I'm packing too much removal and very little counterspells (Pact of Negation and Rewind being my only ones).
>>
>>43932533
People I used to watch but figured out they aren't that great:
>MTGLion
Hubris. "Left youtube" multiple times. Full on Weeb. I will say though: He is pretty good at speculation so if you can get behind the three mentioned things, he's okay...?
>MTGHeadquarters
Neckbeard who does nothing but open boosters and promote his own channel. Doesn't know shit about the cards he's opening and often gets his information wrong due to ignorance of other formats other than the current draft or Standard.
>RogueDeckbuilder
Okay, he's not too terribly annoying, but he's for the Modern player. I haven't been paying attention to Modern lately so I haven't been watching his stuff.

Decent Stuff
>SCG (Especially Commander series)
These guys are pretty fun. Four likable personalities and they don't dick around as much. They all have an extensive knowledge of all the cards they play, even if they fuck up at times.
>CMDRDecks
Some of the players who post deck lists are pretty cringeworthy. Some of them are outright hilarious or pretty insightful. Check out the Laudramat deck using Cromat on there if you want a laugh.
>>
File: deckbuilt2.jpg (2 MB, 1724x2134) Image search: [Google]
deckbuilt2.jpg
2 MB, 1724x2134
Rate my playgroup, /tg/.
Bonus game: Try to guess what commander decks belong to the same person. They're sorted by owner in the picture, but not separated.
Also post your playgroups, if you have the patience.
>>
>Start to get out of control with Rhys and tokens
>Get blown out by Rakdos Charm :^(
>>
>>43933117
I've personally seen that happen to a person playing trostani who got a little token happy then played triumph of the hordes.
>him : "so that's like what 15 damage? whatever"
>table: "you gave them infect"
then he silently scooped up his board and waited for us to finish.
>>
>>43933197
Random charm is one of those kill target player cards I love from R/B
>>
>>43933221
The guy was using my BR deck ironically headed by Rakdos at the time. The card is fantastic with Rakdos himself because casually dealing 6-7 damage to opponents for just 2 mana can kickstart a riot, and all other modes are also super relevant.
>>
Are the xmage servers down? I can'T seem to be able to connect to them.
>>
File: 9079478961_9366f8fc8d_o.png (347 KB, 368x487) Image search: [Google]
9079478961_9366f8fc8d_o.png
347 KB, 368x487
I mainly play Pic related. Tons cards like Possibility Storm and Grip of Chaos, along with a ton of protection equips for Ashling and things that double damage. The entire goal is to build counters till I explode killing everyone including myself.
>>
>>43933863
Nigga we already had our daily Best Commander discussion.
>>
File: cloudcover.jpg (54 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
cloudcover.jpg
54 KB, 312x445
Post your best secret tech. That card you play that no one ever sees coming, but that always does work.
>>
File: Rakdos Charm.jpg (73 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
Rakdos Charm.jpg
73 KB, 312x445
>>43934361
I think we already decided on best tech this thread.
>>
>>43932300
bumping for a decision to made for someone with indecision
>>
File: Fuck you too.jpg (69 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
Fuck you too.jpg
69 KB, 312x445
>>43934361
This baby has saved me more times I could ever imagine.
>Avacyn's army swings at me
>Gods swinging at me
>Army of a million swinging at me
>Blightsteel swinging at me
>Fully equipped and lethal Sigarda swinging at me
>Insurrection army swinging at me
I freaking love this card.
>>
File: shrektoplasm.jpg (49 KB, 300x419) Image search: [Google]
shrektoplasm.jpg
49 KB, 300x419
>>43928986
>tappedout
>>
File: decks.png (1010 KB, 1362x318) Image search: [Google]
decks.png
1010 KB, 1362x318
EDH night is tonight at my LGS, last week I played krenko and did okay. Very mixed meta, some with upgraded precons and some with ABU duals and cutthroat. My sharuum is cutthroat combo, krenko is a just under 75% goblin tribal/combo, rafiq, zedruu and slivers dont get played anymore, and mimeoplasm was just started and is barely running.

Whats everyone playing at their lgs?
>>
>>43932013
honestly I feel if you can't answer stuff like that you need to improve your EDH deck
>>
>>43934361
Muh Reiterate.

Because fuck both Scrap Mastery and Living Death.
>>
>>43932423
Tolarian Community College is fine, product reviews are helpful

The Mana Source is pretty good even if Wedge is sick like all the time. He's also drawn into the hype about everything but I kinda like that about him

Channelfireball is worth subbing, lots of good videos for a variety of formats

SCG is worth it for the commander videos
>>
>>43934361
Heartwood Storyteller, because it either prevents people from casting too many in fear of refilling your hand or they just swallow the feeling and cast what they need too and you draw a ton. That and people rarely remember to draw cards from your spells.
>>
File: network.png (127 KB, 223x311) Image search: [Google]
network.png
127 KB, 223x311
>>43934361
great in tokens/control decks with smaller creatures
>>
>>43934868
I stopped liking Wedge. He seems to shill literally anything MTG related.

Also muh likes and subscribers
>>
>>43934922
AHN washed me out of a game just a two nights ago. I dropped Day of the Dragons, got enough 5/5s to kill everyone next turn, right before my turn green player dropped it.
>>
>>43934929
You're not wrong, I mainly view him as the fanboy perspective on current mtg events
>>
File: 1447728535605.png (646 KB, 800x900) Image search: [Google]
1447728535605.png
646 KB, 800x900
I'm trying to use Melira, sylvok outcast as a commander. any suggestions? i know shes kind of shit but i really wanna make her work!
>>
File: image.jpg (74 KB, 323x450) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
74 KB, 323x450
Looking at making a Red/Green Dragon deck, using Atarka, World Render as a commander. The goal is to mostly use green as a way to built up my mana base, maybe some regeneration, while Red for dragons. Any recommended decks to look at, or some must have cards?
>>
>>43935027
>Phyrexian Hydra
>That one big green creature with persist
Thats about it actually. I hope you like doing the same thing every game.
>>
>>43935027
Can't really do hatebears without white, and all the persist combos are junk colored. Unless your average table has multiple Skittles I wouldn't even try to put her in the command slot.

>>43935064
Atarka seems more like a card for the 99, but I would just poke around in more popular dragon commanders' lists, like Karthus.
>>
>>43935064
>Using Atarka, WR
Dragonlord is better, less fragile and has more benefits
>Green and Red for dragons
You'd be missing out on a lot of other great Dragons
>Recommended decks to look at
The GOAT Dragon
>>
>>43935140
To be fair Melira is good against Black Sun's Zenith. And she's cute. CUUUUUTTTEEE.
>>
>>43935064
>Xenagos and fatal frenzy for easy one hit kills. >Godo to tutor out greaves
>Grafted Exoskeleton for infect
>Knollspine dragon to draw a ton of cards.
>Thundermaw Hellkite if you want to clear the air of fliers.
>Scourge of Kher Ridges+anything that gives deathtouch is a nice board wipe.
>Inquisitor's Flail to double your damage.
>Aggravated assault to give yourself additional combat steps. Add on Bear umbra or SoFaF for infinite combat steps.
>Seize the day to one hit someone and potentially do it next turn.
Just some possible suggestions from a competitive mindset, sort of. But my ideas fit in more with a voltron deck so ignore me.
>>
>>43935064
If you make that deck, you're doing it wrong unless it's mana ramp/voltron.
Get him out early, swing 12 in the air. Do it next turn.
You'll usually win on turn 5 or 6.

If you're not looking at voltron, use someone else.
>>
>>43935184
Then run her in Anafenza hatebears or something.
>>
>>43935064
I have an atarka deck, while there are some dragons in it the deck is more about ramping up and 1HKO'ing people with blazing shoal/become immense/downhill charge/surge of strength, etc. also some extra combat spells and final fortune for when you really want to go balls deep on somebody.

The deck is hilarious when it actually works.
>>
File: 69.jpg (76 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
69.jpg
76 KB, 312x445
I want to run this semen demon.

What direction should I take it?
>>
>>43935368
to the junkyard to get rid of that trash.
>>
>>43935368
>What direction should I take it?
The bulk rare pile along with the rest of the shit rares you own.
>>
>>43935368
>edhrec.com
hopefully for you people actually built around this shit commander
>>
>>43935368
Out of this thread
>>
>>43935368
Casual French if such a thing exists.
>>
>>43935427
oh wow, 13 people were actually stupid enough to build this deck...
>>
>>43935368
>>
>>43935368
>Running a commander that runs more popular commanders in the 99 than itself

kek
>>
File: Ugin.png (117 KB, 223x311) Image search: [Google]
Ugin.png
117 KB, 223x311
>>43934361
Ugin in my Freyalise deck. If someone stops me from attacking for game or there's threat of a board wipe in the coming turns or I just feel like ending the game, I can set up an infinite loop and play him over and over again to burn everyone to death.
>>
>>43934361
Not really too secret but Capsize in my Maelstrom Wander deck.

Gotta do something with all that ramped up mana
>>
>>43935983
What's the loop?
>>
File: noyan-dar-roil-shaper.jpg (48 KB, 210x297) Image search: [Google]
noyan-dar-roil-shaper.jpg
48 KB, 210x297
How good is this guy as a commander, also, how good is this make a land a 3/3 Elemental Creature mechanic? I see it on a lot of cards these days.
>>
File: 1423620902149.png (260 KB, 468x351) Image search: [Google]
1423620902149.png
260 KB, 468x351
>you bought call the spirits
>>
>>43936180
>turn your lands into creatures
>all your lands die to the Xth mass removal spell cast per game

Nice commander.
>>
>>43936211
>not turning one land Darksteel citadel into a monster
>>
>>43935172
Are there any viable, non-combo dragon tribals for this sexy fellow?

I've tried putting one together myself before, but ended up with a janky pile of steamy shit with 80% of the dragons being red beatsticks.
>>
>>43936180
You only want to run him as a combo piece with Jeskai Ascendancy. Make sure you win the turn you start animating lands.
>>
>>43936211
ideally you just stack the counters on one land until it's removed. and as >>43936235 pointed out darksteel city is pretty lmao when you stack counters on it.
>>
>>43936235
Wouldn't be very effective in EDH, since you only get 1 Darksteel Citadel, but in a normal deck you could have 4 Darksteel Citadels and repeatedly put three +1/+1 counters on it every turn.

Then it gets Scoured from Existence.
>>
>>43936301
Well, there's still Expedition Map, at least.
And that white "lands are indestructible" enchantment.

If you only run creature/land protection enchantments and every single variation of counterspell available in the entire game, you could probably do some things with him.
>>
>>43936275

http://edhrec.com/commander/Scion%20of%20the%20Ur-Dragon/

Not sure but there are a TON of dragons to choose from.

Maybe some Tribal Dragon Goodstuff with some reanimation for your good dragons. Throw in a Maelstrom Wanderer for shits and giggles.
>>
>>43936331
Well with a Blue/White deck that's not entirely impossible.
>>
File: 204.jpg (67 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
204.jpg
67 KB, 312x445
>>43935064
i was recently brewing up an intet dragon tribal edh which seems fun and good. Green for ramp and dragons, red for dragons and dragon tech, blue for protection, clones, and card advantage. You can also drop stuff like rings of brighthearth/illusionist bracers/fire shrieker for multiple intet triggers
>>
>>43936299
not to mention white has enchantments preventing land destruction, terra eternal can be so gay paired with nantuko monastery,havent faced a noyan yet tho
>>
I have a couple of questions about this card.

1. Does it work with "Enter the battlefield" effects?
2. If I play Maelstrom Wanderer with this thing out, do I copy one Cascade ability, or both Cascade abilities?
>>
>>43936618
>1. Does it work with "Enter the battlefield" effects?
nope, thats a triggered ability not an activated one
>>
>>43936618
1. No
2. Neither
>>
>>43936618
works on planeswalker abilities though i believe, no? anything you pay a cost for really, as is seen on say, lotleth troll.
>>
>>43936631
>>43936645
>>43936674
Eh, its fine then. Was trying to figure out why it was in so many MW Duel Commander decks.
>>
>>43936674
planeswalker abilities (+/-) are activated abilities, but you just add counters once since the counter adding/removing is a cost, not part of the ability itself
>>
>>43936525
>Rite of Replication + Scourge of Valkas
>6 Triggers of 30 damage.

Good times.
>>
File: 224.jpg (65 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
224.jpg
65 KB, 312x445
>>43936618
This is what you want for ETB effects.
>>
>>43936699
what deck is running one of those? you got a link?
>>
>>43936727
that shit is nasty with karmic justice/martyrs bond/grave pact
>>
>>43936727
>Copy ETB effects
>Copy Cascades
>Copy Tooth and Nail

Shit I need to test this ASAP.
>>
>>43936727
im considering putting this in my meren deck, good idea or bad idea?
>>
>>43936742
i dont have a link, i just know you can brightearth planeswalker abilities
>>
>>43936742
meant for
>>43936695
>>
>>43924510
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/shattergang-brothers-board-control/
reposting from last thread I would love any and all crit
>>
>>43936763
Doesn't copy tooth and nail. Cause it's not a triggered ability.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 60

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.