[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Jumpchain CYOA Thread #598: Spanish Guitar Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 47
File: Jumpchain CYOA Collection.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Jumpchain CYOA Collection.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>Google Drive
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&usp=sharing

>IRC
http://client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=%23JumpchainCYOA
https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
http://pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>Last Thread
>>43820641
>>
Oh, a new thread's been made. How do I delete the one I made?
>>
>>43833445
So are we running through the wastes or playing a spanish guitar?
>>
>>43833468
If someone tells me how to delete the wastes one we can play Spanish guitar.
>>
Did anyone ever end up making a ZETman jump? It would be good for transformations.
Also what's the news on the Rick and Morty jump? Last I heard a few people were thinking of ways to make it.
Did Quicksilver ever fix the Dragonball jump?
>>
>>43833516
Nope.

Nothing new on RaM yet.

Nothing's wrong with it.
>>
Man from UNCLE jump when?
>>
Jumpers, what are some powers you feel you use too much?

I try really hard to tell myself the Conquer's Haki isn't a toy, but it's just so much easier to be taken seriously when you can make an army fall unconscious by glaring at it,
>>
File: ug_unclegrandpa_uguu.png (17 KB, 180x180) Image search: [Google]
ug_unclegrandpa_uguu.png
17 KB, 180x180
>>43833537
Uncle Grandpa jump when?
>>
>>43833582
YOU FOOL

YOU KNOW NOT WHAT POWERS YOU TOY WITH
>>
Jump-chan is Cthulhu.
>>
>>43833559
So you're the reason Steve fell over and landed on Bill's sword!
Why did you kill Steve, Jumper? What did Steve ever do to you?
>>
>>43833529
>Nothing's wrong with it.
sure...
>Plotbound (have to let the plot play out with no deviations)
>Hardcore (can't die to go to otherworld, even though there is plot there)
>May not destroy the Earth (or Namek) and it's population
>May not intentionally kill Goku or his friends.

This locks you out of doing anything but sitting back and eating popcorn because of a couple paradoxes you could cause
>>
>>43833603
I for one welcome our inscrutable tentacled travel agent.
>>
>>43833611
>Plotbound
Nothing is said about not being able to change the plot. It's just like the drawback in One Piece in that whatever plot there is, even if you changed it, will always eventually find you.

>Hardcore
You don't need to die to go to the Otherworld.

>May not destroy earth.
So? You can't personally destroy two planets or wipe out the whole population. Simple enough task and it doesn't include other people's actions.

>May not kill Goku
Again, so what? Plenty of ways to take them out without killing if you absolutely must.
>>
>>43833611
I am curious how the Plotbound was meant to play out, since even sticking with low level jumps you're probably overpowered for the first few enemies, and you... aren't allowed to beat them because the plot didn't happen that way, and Goku wouldn't get as strong if he wasn't zenkai'd all the time?
>>
>>43833715
You can either be insane and take it in the most negative way possible and say it makes you unable to do anything. Or you can use common sense and realise it was likely meant to make it so you didn't just hide out training somewhere or something, much like One Piece.
>>
File: Connecting.png (183 KB, 631x347) Image search: [Google]
Connecting.png
183 KB, 631x347
So /jc/ I'm currently working on creating an interface with reality to in essence google the universe. From magic to scientific innovations. I'd eventually like to cut this down somewhat to not having to grow a song tower every time to use it. What ways can I go about increasing my brain meats into a strong enough processor/database?
>>
>>43833734
That makes sense. I saw the post above mine after it refreshed and realized that was probably how it's meant to work. So if you wipe out all the canon foes early and stealthily, then when some new thing comes along it'll happen to appear wherever you are.
>>
>>43833734
>You can either be insane and take it in the most negative way possible and say it makes you unable to do anything.

Look at where you are, anon.
>>
>>43833734
> so you didn't just hide out training somewhere
We already have the Hyperbolic Time Chamber, why would I want to hide out to train?
>>
>>43833758
Portal lets you take a degree in Multiverse Search Algorithms, and post-spark you can build the Perpetual Testing Initiative. Both of those work like a universal Google.
>>
>>43833714
>>43833715
Think of it like this, the plot has Goku dying to Raditz and he learns the Kaio-ken from King Kai which he uses on Vegeta and Freeza, etc.
If you kill Raditz you doom Earth. If you don't you're intentionally allowing Goku to die. Which is covered under the law as a form of homicide. There's no way to win but hide away and train.
>>
>>43833758
Pokemon Savant gives good memory and mathematics, then add things like Transformers with it's mental overclocking, one of the Nasu jumps has partitioning your brain, Worm Assimilate lets you seed your nerves with computers, and I'm sure there's more that can help you.
>>
>>43833795
Or it just means that Goku will get that strong anyway, by some other means, and all the same plot points will play out with only some minor variations to adjust for the change.
>>
>>43833795
Pretty sure the maker explicitly clarified that the actions of other people don't count in, only your own actions intended to destroy or kill Earth or Goku. So stop trying to abuse the wording to cause a fight.
>>
>>43833795
Or you could man the fuck up and realize that if you take Goku's slot as savior of earth, you better be prepared to represent.
>>
>>43833795
Uh, anon? Nobody cares about the law. Even at beginner DB levels you're immune to bullets, and nobody is around to see Goku die but you and the green alien nobody likes because his first incarnation almost destroyed the planet twice.
>>
Is there a perk that gives you a stamina bar? There are a few HP things, in various forms, but I can't remember any stamina bars.
>>
The prototype of the Gaki no Tsukai No Laughing game Gauntlet is done. Comments and criticism are welcome.
>>
>>43834048
Is Gaki no tsuki interesting to watch even if I can't understand japanese?
>>
>>43834154
Some of their really funny recent episodes are fully subtitled. I think it's hilarious to watch, although some of their videos or jokes focused on Japanese culture won't be as funny if you're not from Japan.
>>
On the topic of DBZ, if you pick Character Creation would you still need to pick up Ki and Basic Training to use DBZ Ki or would you be able to access it because you're of that race?
>>
If I take Alpha Psyker in LoT and 40K then Synchronicity Event from F.E.A.R and Ineffable from NGE will I be stronger than Malcador?

Actually are there anymore psychic power buffing perks? I want to kill people with my mind.
>>
>>43834260
I think Zerg has one. Might have been crystals though.
>>
In Borderlands could EXP Module upgrade Phase Pierce to do something like 'the amount of shots you can fire depends on the gun used, with sniper rifles only getting a single shot, while smg's can fire an entire clip off before you return to reality'? Could you get elemental effects on your phased shots, like how Maya ends up hitting all enemies nearby with all elements?
>>
>>43834260
Alpha Centauri has two separate 800 cp psi boosters. One just boosts your abilities a lot while the other lets you channel the psychic powers of your allies. Also has some more stuff for psionics but those are the big two.
>>
>>43834260
Alpha Centauri and Psychonauts have really good ones.
>>
>>43834048
>2. For those 24 hours, absolutely no laughing for any reason.
AHA! Finally, mute jumping pays off! They mocked my troubles with spellcasting! They sneered at my desperate miming at the psionically-null! They laughed at my problems with microphones! But who's laughing now! IT'S NOT MUTE-JUMPER, THAT'S WH-

>Whatever the reason, you said it. Nine words that put you where you are now
>"I want to be on a Japanese game show!"

Ah, damn it.
>>
The Protagonist in the Saints Row Jump gets all the "Origin" Perks. Does this mean they get all the regular Perk trees for free? Or am I misinterpreting this?
>>
>>43834338
>You wrote it.
FTFY
>>
>>43834366
Looks like it's everything on the Origin Perks page, yeah.
>>
>>43834366
No, I'm pretty sure that's what it means.
>>
>>43834366
While thinking about Saints Row, if you see this Saints Row Anon, you never got around to making the Broken Halo just have it's power, rather than having to work it up with soul clusters.
>>
>>43834338
If you're mute in real life, this Jump won't alter that. You can steamroll it by not actually laughing and enjoy the humor of the Batsu drawbacks. If you're mute because of perks, this is a Gauntlet and you only get your body mod body.
>>
>>43834494
Neither, actually. It's a combination of drawbacks, non-drawback injuries and ridiculously long periods of disuse.
>>
>>43834539
telepathy?
>>
>>43834604
Among other things, yeah. Telekinesis and illusions are also ways to get around it.
>>
>>43834048
Seems fairly decent, a few things though: generally it's a bit gauche to actively involve the Benefactor in a jump, are the purchases with prerequisites 200 total or 200 for the second bringing the total to 300? Finally the playbook seems a bit overpriced.
>>
>>43834048
My body probably isn't ready. Although, there's two things I would like in specific, besides just more batsu games and rewards.

A way for the show to go through all of my previous jumps, and time extensions so I can savor/suffer each of them individually.

Otherwise I'll have to take this as my first jump in every chain to pick up New Material and Jumpchain First Annual before going anywhere.
>>
Sorry to bring up Assassin's Creed again, but Field Training is marked Free, then has a price of 50CP. Not sure what's meant to happen there.
>>
>>43834048
I will take. Every. Drawback.
>>
>>43834737
You get it for free once, but you can buy it multiple times for better skills.
>>
>>43834737
You get the first purchase free, which gives you basic training in all disciplines listed, and for 50CP you can make additional purchases to specialize.
>>
>>43834769
>>43834775
Yeah I just figured it out. Feeling rather silly now.
>>
File: Batman joke.jpg (47 KB, 625x830) Image search: [Google]
Batman joke.jpg
47 KB, 625x830
>>43834657
I thought involving Jumpchan was a good way to draw people in, and Gaki no Tsukai has a history of making fun of their producer. Do you have anything you'd want to see her direct involvement replaced by? It could be multiversal talent scouting.

The purchases were 300, but that seems overpriced. They're both 100 for the first purchase and 200 for both now.

The playbook is like the Japanese comedy version of the comfiest couch in the multiverse from 9 to 5, and is extremely powerful if you want to do anything related to Gaki no Tsukai. You could effectively replicate the Game as a Batsu with the information in that book if you have the means. Consumer Recreation Services has nothing on you.

>>43834734
I'll add that as a purchase. Good idea.

>>43834763
That's the spirit!
>>
A few threads back someone mentioned a ship that wasn't the LoT that your companions could crew without counting as current companions. What was it?
>>
>>43835325
Any ship + the crew option in Uncharted Waters.
>>
>>43835347
Cool, thanks.
>>
>>43835347
Every time I see that, I want a Pirates of Dark Water jump.
>>
Here's the updated prototype. If more people want the explicit mentions of Jumpchan in the beginning removed, I'll remove them.
>>
What are some things you guys did for the lulz?

Once I landed a Skyranger in the middle of Times Square, walked out dressed as heavily armed Nazis, and took a moment to look around.
>"Pilot, this is not the base."
>"How the fuck do you mistake a street for a landing pad?"
>"Mein Gott, we managed to survive being purged by the reds and rebuild our organization only to have its secrecy blown because the Pilot got lost."
>"HEY STOP RECORDING THIS OR WE'LL SHOOT YOU!"
When the military showed up we GTFO'd and never showed up again. And that's how I caused that world to be paranoid of secret Nazi armies.
>>
>>43835532
That sounds like something that could be an elaborate publicity stunt for Iron Sky.
>>
>>43835465
I like this.

You might wanna spellcheck, though.
>>
>>43835578
We kind of got shot by the Police and we shot back.

Let's just say those meltaguns were overkill.
>>
>>43835632
...Did you at least make sure noone got hurt permanently?
>>
>>43835465
Looks fine, the only time people get their panties in a wad about the benefactor is the fact that their intentionally left undefined, and explicit references tend to undermine that. Little else to say as a I am woefully ignorant of the source material.
>>
>>43835741
I'll add a note at the end that you can do the Jump without specifically involving Jumpchan at all. Thanks for telling me why people don't like to see her mentioned.
>>
>>43833758
Tsukihime:
>Thought Acceleration: A stressful technique that vastly increases the speed of your thought processes. Starts at double thought speed, but can be increased through training. If you try to do it all the time you'll fry your own brain.

>Memory Partition: Training on partitioning your mind into multiple “parts” which are able to work on different sets of problems. They work by tetration, so two parts would allow you to focus on four sets of problems at the same time, three would allow twenty seven, and so on. For reference’s sake, a skilled alchemist of Atlas has a minimum of three parts, someone with five is considered genius, the current Vice-Director of Atlas has seven, and the highest known was eight parts by a former Academy Director of Atlas. Upon taking this perk you have two parts, and with further training you can increase it. The difficult in partitioning your mind into smaller pieces rises exponentially with each part

Dune:
>Simulflow: This Bene Gesserit teaching permits you to have several separate streams of consciousness at once, as well as aiding in your analytical abilities, though not to the degree that a mentat might. This is not a skill which is generally active at all times, but this can temporarily amplify your mental skills if not doing stressful physical activity; maintaining multiple conversations simultaneously is one of the immediate skills gained with this ability. You will not see a linear increase in your abilities, but if you focus on a single problem you can come at it from several different angles at once, much as if you were collaborating with other versions of yourself; if you are a Reverend Mother you can hold real-time conversations with those from your Other Memory. It is, however, vastly inferior to the training a Mentat receives.

This is my mental processing boost. I go multicore.
>>
>>43836165
No one says you can't get both on simulflow and mentat. Double up on the brain boost, yo.
>>
File: Cap.jpg (243 KB, 780x439) Image search: [Google]
Cap.jpg
243 KB, 780x439
In the Fallout games, Science is mostly used for hacking terminals and sometimes for messing with robots. Repair is used to keep items functioning and fix things that are broken nearby. That isn't really versatile. If I took a full tech build with Vault Dweller in the Fallout Jump, what is the upper level of technological power I could hit?

The thing I have in mind is repairing the broken saucer from Mothership Zeta over 10 years, and things like crafting custom weapons, adding things to robots, trying to locate power armor, and repairing Vaults for use as shelter.
>>
>>43836301
Game limitations you don't have to follow in the jump anon. Science is science.
>>
File: Kyogre visits JoJo.gif (150 KB, 400x240) Image search: [Google]
Kyogre visits JoJo.gif
150 KB, 400x240
>>43835532
Taught a space whale how to Spin in Dr Who.
Because it seemed like a good idea at the time.
>>
>>43836346
In that case, Robco Certified and eventual skeleton crew of a medic, a cowboy, and a girl Terran Starship Command are a go.
>>
Is the human human model budda devil a boost or is it a set strength level and can I combine in it with other transformation
>>
>>43836600
As far as I know all devil fruit are improved by the abilities of the person using them, and can themselves be trained.
>>
>>43836600
what jump?
>>
>>43836619
One piece my bad I meant to say fruit
>>
File: Gaki no Tsukai Gauntlet Final.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Gaki no Tsukai Gauntlet Final.pdf
1 B, 486x500
If nobody else has criticism or a comment, this could be the final edition of the Gaki no Tsukai gauntlet. Good?
>>
>>43833758

A Song Tower is also a massive power generation device, magic amplifier and transmission device.

Just having the same computational power isn't enough. Though it's a step.
>>
>>43836301

With Fallout 4 in the mix, add in "stealing the Institute's bio-printer" - that thing can make a Gen-3 synth in about a minute. And there are other things, but some of them are spoilers.

There are a few orbital cannons, Big MT has matter transmission, hard-light weapons and hard-light soldiers.

There're ancient aliens, with ancient mythos-like technology.
>>
>>43837551
All of these ideas are really good. I'll need to use a return trip to grab all of this stuff with all of my powers.

Is any of this realistic?

I'll modify robots to follow me around as protectors and get my science up by building and repairing them. If I'm in the Capital Wasteland, I'll go with a caravan to Rivet City and help Doctor Li for three years. If she wants to know what the Institute actually is, I can mostly tell her.

I'll use speech to tell her that I know about the purifier without seeming crazy, and get her to contact the Brotherhood. Once I'm talking with them I'll say the Enclave is still around at Raven Rock and will make a grab for the purifier if they're not careful. Somewhere in the Pentagon's records there will be a mention of Raven Rock, and if they don't believe me at first they'll believe me when I tell Scribes how to find it.

Once they find the Enclave and catch them off guard with Liberty Prime, the only thing I'll want in return is some protection and assistance while I fix something. That something is the crashed recon craft, and if Zeta abducts us they'll be beaming aboard a squad of Brotherhood soldiers and a guy surrounded by modified security robots. SURROUNDED. That won't end well for the aliens.

When the alien ship is running, I'll start flying around the Wasteland gathering up technology and blowing up evil. Fusion cores, unique robots, the heads of slavers and super mutants, and lots of schematics the Brotherhood won't bother with. By the time I hit the commonwealth I'll be in a good position to broadcast a signal to the Institute asking for a job. They're evil as hell for enslaving synths and I have no intention of helping them.

[Speech 80] Please give me your technology so I can improve the designs. See all this technology I have? I'm in this to build cool things, not worry about morals.

That's a complete lie, but why not get sentient robotics technology? I'll never use it for slavery.
>>
>>43837642

Looks good - oh, I completely forgot Fallout: Tactics, which has some groovy tech of its own. Vault 0 is run by a cyborg-AI and has the industrial capacity to create a pretty decent robot army.

Plus, it's canonically a damned good place to start a new civilisation of tolerance and all that rot, if you into that sort of thing.

I think the Institute suffer from bad writing for the most part, they could easily make Synths that aren't sapient - though nobody ever worries about enslaving protectrons or sentry bots, and we know that both of those can apparently be sapient.

I mean, their defence that they don't consider them sapient, is so easily dismantled that I can't take them seriously as a faction.

Then again, in general Fallout 4 has some very questionable bits of writing - such as multiple vaults relying on people who know the world has been destroyed, deciding to continue the experiments and destroy the entire vault they live in. Ridiculous.
>>
>>43837642
Under the guise of building synths fortified with alien technology, I'll print some without sentience and a lot of combat skill. My robot brigade will be a mix of alien, pre-war, and Synth technology. At this point I'll be nearing the end of my 10 years. I leave the Institute on a trip to gather fusion power and leave with some of their best technology. I break everything that they're using for evil, if they are evil. Otherwise I use speech to convince them to brighten their image and talk with the Commonwealth after they aren't considered the boogeyman.

I fly over Nevada and send a message directly to the Lucky 38 directed at Robert House, and convince him not to try shooting me down with a speech check. He gets told everything. What's going to happen with Benny, what technology is hanging around at the Big MT, how the Brotherhood isn't all evil and doesn't have to die, and that there's an intelligent alien race fucking with humanity. At this point I have a high enough speech to convince him.

My time is almost up. I say that I'm going to disappear suddenly and reappear as a quirk of alien technology, and when I get back I'd like to work with him to rebuild the Old World. Not the old world of propaganda and crazy politicians, the one where humanity was about to get widespread matter transmission and strong AI. If not for the fact that my entire build was science, repair, and speech, he wouldn't believe me. He does agree to give me a shot, and I fly off into space. I'm back in the Warehouse at the end of the Jump a day later.

In that day, most of Caesar's weaponry was either destroyed or heavily damaged by several airstrikes. Apparently aliens can't stand fake Romans.

When I come back, House and I are going to start launching things up. If I can evict or communicate with the aliens on Mothership Zeta, Terran Starship Command could have Vegas as a capital. https://vimeo.com/125746164
>>
>>43837735
Thanks for looking things over. I'll have to visit that Vault and get the robot building technology to keep my army of modified robots full of soldiers.

The "why are you using sentient robots for grunt work" thing is why I thought the Institute was so pointlessly evil in Fallout 3. There's really no reason to use the extra resources to make a sentient robot to enslave with programming when you can make one that isn't and not be an evil group. That's Aperture "build a morality core on a turret, then build a morality core suppressor" logic.
>>
>>43837762

If you somehow need sapient AI and have the ability to it to do stuff against it's will there's another less stupid option.

You can simply make them wanting to do the stuff you made them for and/or take orders part of their thought process.
>>
>>43837822
There is that too. That's how Mr. Handies are programmed if they're fully sentient. Rather than blowing up their stuff, I'm going to use my speech and point this stuff out.
>>
>>43837848

I can understand not doing it when your still figuring this stuff out, but if your good enough at programing them to get to the enslavement programing point making ones that might want to rebel is stupid.

Sure there's still some potential moral issues, but their kind of unavoidable when making a mind from scratch.
>>
Jumpchain, I need your help.

Name: Diamond D. Paige.
Drop-In (Free)
Nakama (Free)
Survivalist (Free: Drop-In)
Tinkerer (-300CP)
Haki (-600CP)
Conqueror's Haki (-200CP)
Devil Fruit Tier 4 - Legendary (-700CP)
- Rumble-Rumble Fruit

----Items & Equipment----
Reinforced Clothing (Free)

----Flaws & Drawbacks----
Government Crackdown (+300CP)
Plot-Bound (+300CP)

I can't decide which perks to keep.
>>
>>43833758
Well, something you could do is take Cyborg from Gargoyles, which lets you internalise any piece of technology you buy, and go buy a Clarktech holographic computer from Tenchi Muyo!, the Magi supercomputers from Evangelion, or in fact any other computer, like the Universal Laptop from Code Lyoko (write a processor-intensive algorithm and it'll run it, at minimum system requirements). Oh, and an energy source, probably.

Or, from Evangelion, you could go the Angel route, with Waveform anatomy, Non-Euclidean, and make sure to take S2 Organ and High Energy reaction.

>You can harness your AT field to construct metaphysical structures that result in more ordinary physical phenomenon at an incredible scale...Essentially, you can fabricate devices out of your soul that in turn interact with regular physical effects...the four forces, states of matter and so on...

You could use this ability to construct a metaphysical supercomputer inside yourself, which would have processing power limited only by your own understanding of data processing structures and the power of your S2 Organ.
>>
File: image.jpg (66 KB, 598x354) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
66 KB, 598x354
Hybrid drawback from Zerg. How dangerous is this Hybrid? Does it have any my powers?
>>
>>43838157
Considering the drawback references Narud sampling bits of you, I'd assume it has biological powers inherent to you.
>>
>>43838157
>How dangerous is this Hybrid?
The Hybrid is dangerous enough that big in universe powerhouses are worried about it. Considering the scale of SC and SC2 that should give you some idea.
>>
>>43838157
Hm a hybrid plus your biological powers, which means most of those from the jump itself.

Quite dangerous and you will have more than one to deal with.
>>
>>43838157
I would assume it's got physical condition equivalent to yours at time of jump, any biology-based traits and powers, and probably your psychic abilities.

Whether Narud replicates your non-biological supernatural abilities like spellcasting and if the hybrid has your memories and knowledge, unknown.

So you're probably still more powerful, but it's probably going to be a tough fight, especially if you have stuff like Prototype, Kryptonian physiology, Esper powers from Railgun, those kind of things.
>>
>>43833559
Clairvoyance and Premonition Precog from Railgun. I know that it seems like I have stupid plot-armour, but I really did do all that shit myself. Why can't they understand that everything I do is legit?
>>
File: image.jpg (163 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
163 KB, 1920x1200
>>43833559
Considering we need them to interact with reality without squashing it, AT-Fields. Though after all the Temple of Thoughting and weird metaphysical restructuring we've done, they're more aggregates of our magical, psychic, spiritual and physical prowess focused through a conceptual lens. Like someone making a customised civ hero ,ove around in an RTS.

Also Path to Victory. Arguing with people over the Internet isn't fulfilling anymore, we always know the right way to shut them up or get them banned.
>>
>>43837975
I'd lean towards dropping tinker. One Piece tech doesn't have anything too spectacular and I suspect you want the Haki and Fruit more. Alternatively you could just drop Conqueror's Haki, it's useful for disposing of mooks but there are other ways to do that throughout the chain, although most aren't quite that efficient.
>>
What perks would help me find legendary or mythical items that I have very little actual info on. I want to be able to find ancient artifacts that have no clues to their location in the modern day. Like finding Indiana Jones artifacts that don't have convenient clues of their whereabouts for me to find. Perks that make clues for me to find are acceptable. (Was it Red that was making an Indiana Jones jump? How is that going?)

I also want to be able to find things that I know exist, but only because they're found 'off screen' as it were, later in whatever jump they're from than I have access to. That's a secondary concern though.
>>
>>43838604
>Doesn't have anything to spectacular
>Pacifistas
>Vegapunks replication of Devil Fruit abilities
>The weapons from the void era
>>
>>43838663
For non-specific rare stuff, there's a perk in one of the Elder Scrolls jumps. For specific rare stuff, go to a D&D jump and pick up some scrying magic, that shit will find pretty much anything without some sort of magical defense against it.
>>
>>43838663
>>43838719
Dowsing from Skyrim as it turns out.
>>
>>43838685
>pacifistas
Old news by now, anyone in the New World can tear them to pieces.
>Vegapunk's devil fruits
You mean the fucked up zoan that turned someone into a tiny dragon? It only became feasible because Caesar could make SAD with his devil fruit power.
>Void era Weapons
One is just a massive ship, one is a living mermaid and another is unknown. You'd get at best one and even then no one has even considered trying to remake Pluton, especially with the blue prints destroyed, so it's very likely beyond you still.
>>
>>43838685
>Generic robots with laser beams
>Laser beams, after spending awhile examining light light guy
>Unexplained artifacts you'll probably have to research for yourself anyway, with the perk likely only giving you a bit of a head start
It's got some interesting stuff (like using cola as a fuel source and decent cybernetics) but it's nothing you can't get elsewhere.
>>
>>43838739
>Old news by now, anyone in the New World can tear them to pieces.
The Pacifistas that the Straw Hats took down were outdated models.

>You mean the fucked up zoan that turned someone into a tiny dragon? It only became feasible because Caesar could make SAD with his devil fruit power.
Didn't he feed a sword a Devil Fruit? Also, that one dog/grenade launcher from Alabasta.

>Void era Weapons
Sure, Neptune is a wash (at least, until after the jump where i can get mind control.) I can still pop into Alabasta, take a couple pictures of the obelisk, and track that one down.
>>
>>43838806
Only the obelisk in Alabasta had nothing on the weapon IIRC. Pretty sure it was just Robin lying to Crocodile so she could get access to it. Admittedly the feeding objects Devil Fruit trick could be interesting, especially with Smiles, had forgotten them because it was only a couple.
>>
>>43838837
The wiki says it tells the location of Pluton.
>>
Jumpers, I have a problem.

I would really like to Jump SOMA. I like the game, the setting, and the rewards you can get for surviving. It's a Jump built around you being able to freak out the monsters. Whenever I try to make a build like that, it feels unfair because I wrote the Jump. If I assume something works in a way that benefits me, that's almost cheating. When I look at the drawbacks I assume all of them will suck, because assuming they won't is too easy. Kind of like how Contessa can't directly use Path to Victory on Zion.

Please post the most broken, purpose defeating SOMA build possible so I can get that Jump over with and not be really scared the whole time. http://youtu.be/Q6QksihDpg8

If it helps, my bodymod body has the max rank of senses. I can see and hear the entire spectrum of lights and sounds. To anyone who posts, thank you. I can respond with broken builds for other Jumps.
>>
>>43835697
Yeah we did. However I'm fairly certain those cops need new pants after we destroyed their car and part of the building in one shot.
>>
>>43838806
>Neptune is a wash (at least, until after the jump where i can get mind control.)
>Mind controlling an innocent little girl so you can you her for your own gain
Despicable.
>>
>>43838963
Whoops
>so you can USE her for your own gain
In my defence, they really sound alike
>>
>>43838963
Eh, Power begets more power, Also, that first year with Darkrai really messed me up mentally.
>>
File: Kanata.jpg (26 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
Kanata.jpg
26 KB, 500x281
>>43833559
Probably invisibility, if I'm honest. Ever since I gained the ability to vanish in the original Marvel, combined with the generalized flight from Touhou, I always just kind of assume I auto-win stealth checks unless someone has weird extrasensory powers.

I also probably abuse the locket out of Girl Genius. I play around with it constantly, locking off perks for the sake of disguises and using it to seal more volatile abilities. I'm never NOT wearing it. It's basically my signature item at this point. My little gold heart-shaped locket with a dial.
Most people have swords of incredible strength or locations of infinite power.
I have a jewelry that seals mine away.

>>43838806
> Didn't he feed a sword a Devil Fruit?
Yeah, that was Spandam's sword. It could turn into an elephant and ram people. Had a personality like a dog.
I stole it from him during the CP9 incident.

I took Tinker, but I honestly don't think I did anything with it. I just grabbed it because tech.

>>43838663
You can pick up treasure hunting perks, of which there are a few scattered throughout the various jumps. I know Bomberman 64 had one...? I think there are others, possibly in MMO inspired jumps. Y'know, loot drops and such, although there are some that allow you to hone in specifically on artifacts and the like.
>>
>>43838996
>letting the spoopy nightmare shadowman into your head

That right there was your first mistake.
>>
>>43839009
Is there a way to prevent it?
>>
>>43839032
Not taking the drawback. Alternatively getting some therapy or sanity perks instead of going full edgelord.
>>
>>43839053
Edgelord? What makes you say that? I'm way more mentally sound then some of the jumpers ive seen on here.
>>
File: Sirs.jpg (143 KB, 949x380) Image search: [Google]
Sirs.jpg
143 KB, 949x380
>>43838873
The easiest way to 'break' SOMA is to use the "How Did I - Where Did I Get A Flashlight?" perk and then give yourself a powerful, user-friendly item, preferably one that can "use" itself, so you can start unaware of it for the discount.

Un-modified items that come to mind are things like a fully-functioning SIR unit from Zim (seriously those things are tough, fast, and are well-armed - survival of pressure in the Abyss is uncertain, however), or if you have intelligent, self-directing magic weapons. Powered armor that can survive the Abyssal depths or project a shield like the Forerunner combat skin gauntlet reward from Halo also come to mind.
I personally didn't take that option, but if you want to 'break' it, there you go.

Other perk combinations that give you a good advantage are:
>I'm a Shadow, One No Light Will Shine On + I Don't Even Have the Small Guns Anymore drawback (requires The Outside drawback as well)
Makes you stealthy and the proxies don't *want* to look for you.
> Curie Is Safe While Submerged (requires Upgraded) + Haimatsu Power Suit
You can EMP flash proxies and then punch them with augmented strength.
>>
>>43839111
That's perfect. The EMP punch is a fantastic use of those two perks. Proxies are getting beaten up.

I have considered taking a powerful item, but I don't have a warehouse full of powerful items a single person could use this early in my chain. This is going to be my second Jump, since I never get to use my powers as part of it anyway. Ideally I'll never be found and have to fight. I'll see or hear people coming, EMP them, and destroy their limbs to keep them from chasing me.

I'm extremely tempted to take The Outsider and the perk that goes with it, because the idea that I was also a creepy robot monster made playing the game less scary. I really like the implication that however I actually look, it's bad enough to make the fucking Proxies scared. I never decided on whether the drawback would make you delusional about not being human, or actually make you a WAU proxy. The first one I can deal with, the second one is going too far. Deciding that it's the less bad one so I can take it is unfair.
>>
>>43839111
The best combination for Portal as Technical CEO is taking a multiverse search algorithm degree and refining the Perpetual Testing Initative until you find a universe where almost everything is made of money. Aperture's bills are paid forever. Lobby like crazy to get the government back on your side and pay huge amounts to your shareholders to get your stock prices up. Finish by buying out Black Mesa and yelling at Dr. Breen.
>>
>>43839196
Yeah just be mindful that the EMP is a radius effect and you may not want all electronics around you to shut down.
That includes things like the station lights, and all the doors that open via buttons - so EMPing a proxy pretty much guarantees you're stuck with it in the same room, in the dark, unless you left the door open. If you take an AI buddy they will probably not be happy if you get them in your area of effect.
And god help you if you accidentally EMP near a certain medical bay and turn off some life-support equipment unintentionally.

On the subject of EMPs, anyone know some good ways to protect yourself from them? Aside from "not being a cyborg" and "life forever alone in a Faraday cage".
>>
>>43839306
You can gain a biological EMP in Pacific Rim, maybe in tandem with Raildex Electrokinesis you can out-EMP the EMP.
>>
>>43839306
Go to the Deus Ex: Human Revolution jump. EMP hardening is one of the upgrades you can buy.
>>
File: image.jpg (134 KB, 1032x774) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
134 KB, 1032x774
>>43833559
Telepathy. I don't bother talking much when I can use Telepathy. Freaks people out a lot, when you hear a voice in your head. When I got ability to read minds, I started doing that as well. Quick glimpses of someone's mind, it was like peeling back a book's cover.

Partially reason why I didn't really get into any relationships for 400 years. Few had the will to resist, but I often found nothing of interest.

Plus it leads to interesting situations like this, where I make people dress up in sexy clothing and have them strut around in public.
>>
>>43839306
Normally that would be frightening, but my body is a power suit and anything on the ground is a weapon. I'm not locked in there with them. They're locked in there with me.

I'll be especially careful of that. She does want to die, but not like that.
>>
>>43839306
If stasis pods can be used in Gauntlets, why not bring someone along to clear the place out?
>>
>>43839410
Pods can't be used in them, same as normal companions. Would defeat the whole point if they could.
>>
>>43839375
>pic
l-lewd
don't Kurenai would actually be that embarrassed though. Pretty sure it was mentioned or alluded to in canon that kunoichi training included lewd stuff.
>>
>>43839375
Christ you are one creepy mother fucker. And not in the good way.
>>
>>43839518
Nah, Naruto is pretty clean on that front. Kunoichi aren't, as a default, trained any differently than male ninja. Most media ignores that aspect entirely since they'd rather have badass ninja than 'fuck a slimeball and stab him while he's asleep' kunoichi.
>>
>>43839541
really? I could have sworn one of them said something about that. Maybe I'm mixing it up with something else.
>>
>>43839306
For the record, unless you have literally miles of wires in your body, EMP won't do shit.

The magical "Everything electronic in a certain radius is instantly dead" is a product of fiction.
>>
>>43839534
They won't remember a thing. Those that see them won't remember it either. I'm pretty good at erasing memories.
>>
>>43839557
You probably are. At best, I figure you heard one of the lewder ladies imply something she specifically had gotten up to. But that would be an individual thing, not reflective of their standard training.
>>
>>43839560
>The magical "Everything electronic in a certain radius is instantly dead" is a product of fiction.

Well it sure is good we're all sticking to modern, hyper realistic, hard science, no cinematic nonsense settings eh?
>>
>>43839557
Leaf Kunoichi do have special training involving flowers (for poison or messages), and I THINK but cannot confirm they also have special fashion training, but that's as far as it goes.
>>
>>43839568
Dude, you're like 3 steps from rapestateanon right now.
>>
>>43839595
Three steps is pretty far, all things considered.
>>
>>43839595
Anon, you really have nothing to gain by freaking out and causing a scene.
>>
>>43833758
'Storage Space' from the Project Freelancer Jump and 'How Many In the What Now?' from the same.

The first will definitely be a critical one for your build, given what it does; to quote, 'Any container your mind is in is always enough to hold the full amount of your intelligence and memory, if it wouldn’t before then it does now.'
>>
>>43839560
Well, it's not entirely fictional. It's just that any magnetic pulse strong enough to do that would also kill anyone in the area, so it's effectively not much different from just bombing the place normally. Only more expensive, since regular explosives are something we already have plenty of.
>>
>>43839595
there isn't much of a difference if he's going to do whatever he wants then mindrape them anyways
>>
>>43839683
Mindrape is totally different. If I mindraped someone, they would be on the ground in the fetal position. Or a drooling vegetable.
>>
>>43839723
You're honestly better off ignoring each other than getting into a weird, dumb argument with each other over your moralities.
>>
>>43839375
This reminds me, what are some good perks for mind control or otherwise puppeteering people?
>>
>>43839754
Psionic Telepathy perks, I think Yugioh has one. Psionics from D&D. Mindblast of an Illithid. Naruto has puppeteering that can work on corpses. Also String-String fruit allows you to act like a puppetmaster.
>>
>>43839754
D&D has a psionic prestige class call Thrallherd. Its similar to the Leadership Feat and draws in those who are willing to serve you. Can get like 150 followers that way.
>>
>>43839858
can get far more than that, even better you can get a new crew of them daily(which means while you can't take all of them with you when you jump, you can definitely get new ones on arrival)
>>
File: antispiralhuman.jpg (48 KB, 383x420) Image search: [Google]
antispiralhuman.jpg
48 KB, 383x420
>>43837165
Oh well, here goes nothing.

Companions: Mai Minakami, Hiroshi Fujiwara, Matoko Sekine, Matsuko Haruki

No Laughing Nostalgic Jumper! (Free): Ravenloft
Classic Gaki Formula (Free)
I Was Not Expecting That (50)
Ahhh! Scary! (100)
Together, We Will Form Better Relations (150)
GOD DAMN (200)
A Test of Courage (250)
It's Me, Jumpchain! (300)
My Head Is Bald, Please Look At It (350)
Blacklist Season (400)
That Isn't Fair! (500)

Comedian Spirit (400)
Ladies and Gentlemen (300)
Guerilla Comedy (0)

You may ask: "But why, Anti-Spiral? Why would you bring about such uninhibited comedy upon yourself? Have you no fear of humiliation?"

And the answer is simple: We are, frankly, at an unfair advantage. The process of being recompressed into a human body is agonising beyond description for a cosmic principle such as ourself, and we've already stacked the deck in our favour by setting the game show in our darkest hour.

So yeah. 24 hours of people pretending to die horribly while squirting each other with tomato sauce, Nicholas Cage as a Dark Lord, rains of Dread Doll Golem body parts and introducing Ravenloft-chan as the anthropomorphic, totally-not-Lady-of-Pain personification of Ravenloft/grandu sponser desu?

Not so much as a smirk.

Just. Just going through the motions, waiting to escape from this meatsack.
>>
>>43839881
Just checked it. At a Thrallherd Leadership level of 25+, it maxes out at 163 followers. There is no Epic Thrallherd or Epic Leadership feat for the Thrallherd so its stuck at 163 max.
>>
File: cry12.jpg (8 KB, 320x176) Image search: [Google]
cry12.jpg
8 KB, 320x176
Jumpers, if some perks offer you knowledge of stuff, does it mean you lose it if you take drawbacks that take away your jumper powers?

Does that drawback also take away stuff like... You know the 3 Umbilical Cords from Bloodborne? Let's say you consumed these and they affected you, powered you up. They are not jump perks but you gained them over jumps. Do you also lose that?
>>
>>43839936
What you can do is get your thralls to be Thrallherd themselves. Seeing you have two Thralls. Then have their thralls be Thrallherds..etc Until they can't due to being too low level.
>>
>>43839951
Drawbacks that take away powers from other jumps take away all powers, even if you didn't purchase it directly. This includes innate knowledge on something, though you might be able to remember a few things, but good luck holding onto the information with a human memory.

Of course it depends on the specific drawback, but I've never seen one that's that different.
>>
>>43839951
>knowledge of stuff
I think it depends on how much you used it before hand. Like, if you just bought the knowledge and then never used it, you wouldn't have it. If you practiced frequently, however, then you'd still probably be competent at it just because you have so much experience.

>Other stuff
Generally, and it depends more on what the individual drawback says, you get reverted to your bodymod body. There's a similar deal with cybernetics, I think most people assume you would lose them until the end of the jump.
>>
File: large.jpg (55 KB, 500x722) Image search: [Google]
large.jpg
55 KB, 500x722
>>43835532

Mentioned it in another thread, but in Gundam AGE I replicated a robot apocalypse and attacked both Mars and Earth to see what'd happen. I'm still trying to write up the results.
I also trolled the FUCK out of Domon Kasshu with "KONO DIGGER DA" and a swarm of strong mook suits out of nowhere whenever he was travelling. It was fun as dicks. There was also that time I decided to see what'd happen if I sold Dust as a narcotic in Hotline miami,,, That was fucking NEAT. I think like 3 guys spontaneously combust.

>>43838663
I think Tomb Raider has some good perks on that front, Jojo has some for the explorer perkline(which languishes somewhere with warrior in woeful obscurity compared to the brando and joestar backgrounds, I feel), and RWBY's Remnant Arcana pretty much handles most of the grunt work of being an adventurer archaeology(breaking ciphers, translating dead languages, learning ancient secrets) that doesn't involve running around in a booby-trapped dungeon.
>>
So what're the best perks for synchronizing your fighting style with just one other person, rather than a full team?
>>
>>43840330
Perfect partner from cho aniki does exactly that
>>
>>43840330
Perfect Partner from Cho aniki.
>>
So here's an interesting thing.

Apparently Drawbacks work on the basis "You lose them if you want to lose them." If I read the thread right sometimes.

In Inside Out, you can take the Superpowered puberty drawback to have the chosen person eventually get all your jumper powers, with exception of stuff you got outside of perks I think. Mind you, it's supposed to be a bad thing due to it being like puberty... with powers

They can also join you as companion potentially.

So if you don't get rid of that drawback, You can get A Mini-you lite essentially.
>>
>>43840362
>>43840369
Is that all, though? Surely there's got to be something to stack it with.
>>
>>43840330
Go Wheel of Time, and choose either Warder or a Power user. You get a bond with your partner that boosts both your combat abilities.
>>
File: image.png (152 KB, 350x750) Image search: [Google]
image.png
152 KB, 350x750
Metalgear Solid Jump. You think I could use BEES and Raptors?
>>
>>43840380
yeah. just be prepared for people to get senselessly butthurt about it.

Even though you can already get a lower-powered sibling copy of you from Slice of Life.
>>
>>43840699
>bees

Yes

>raptors

Probably only the bird kind, but I dunno. Still probably be clever girls though
>>
>>43840699
>not feather raptors
This picture saddens me.
>>
>>43840699
Well, if we're taking the Monster Island mission in Peace Walker to be canon, then there are Velocipreys in the world of MGS. So yeah, you could get raptors.
>>
>>43839951
If you purchased a skill, then you still know how to use that skill unless the drawback erased your memory. Of course, you'll no longer have the perk to make sure you're supernaturally gifted, and you might be awfully rusty if you haven't used it in a while. But no, you aren't going to forget all your skills if you take a power-locking drawback. Otherwise, you might as well just say "+X CP - you go home after this Jump."
>>
>>43840985
Why would that be canon?
>>
>>43841197
Because I want "dinosaur hunter" to be added to the list of Big Boss's accomplishments, especially now that MGSV has retconned away half of the things we thought he did to actually be the work of a brainwashed imposter.
>>
>>43840330

Time to shill.
Terrain of Magical Expertise has the "And Together They're The Twin Blades" perk, which pretty much has it that you and another partner (companion or not, decided upon the purchasing of the perk) have pretty much perfect synchronization, combat or otherwise.
Finishing eachother's sentences, even somehow synchronizing an escape from prison despite being seperated a cell block apart.
>>
>>43833445

guys, what about a katanagatari jump?
>>
>>43841490
>katanagatari
I don't know anything about it besides that it has something to do with swords, but it's always nice to see more jumps. Do you feel up to it?
>>
>>43841490
I'd like to see it.
>>
>>43841490
cheerio must be protected.
>>
File: curious.gif (479 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
curious.gif
479 KB, 500x281
>>43841692
What's a cheerio? Is it like cinnamon toast crunch?
>>
File: Cheerio!.webm (1009 KB, 614x344) Image search: [Google]
Cheerio!.webm
1009 KB, 614x344
>>43841555
From what i recall, princess goes to a martial arts family and asks them to help her destroy special swords.
>>
File: Cheerio.jpg (232 KB, 832x468) Image search: [Google]
Cheerio.jpg
232 KB, 832x468
>>43841994
>>
>>43833445
Jumpers!

What's your favorite holiday? Any holiday, from Easter to Blorthhogg, from any Jump?
>>
File: the almighty loaf.gif (1 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
the almighty loaf.gif
1 MB, 320x240
>>43842208
I do not recall. I am not allowed to take holidays anymore. Training must continue.

I must never grow weak again. For my blood brother's sake and my benefactor's, I cannot fall back into the pit of aimlessness they pulled me out of.

I must prove I deserve this journey.
>>
File: Wookiees.jpg (68 KB, 302x259) Image search: [Google]
Wookiees.jpg
68 KB, 302x259
>>43842208
Why, Life Day, of course.
>>
File: yupyupyup.gif (1 MB, 500x474) Image search: [Google]
yupyupyup.gif
1 MB, 500x474
>>43841490
DO IT DO IT DO IT.

>>43841994
With a spoonful of adorableness and/or death mixed in, yes.

>>43842208
New Year/Christmas, if only for the fact that it has a jump of its own.
>>
>>43842208
Purim. It's one of the few fun Jewish holidays. It's like Halloween and St. Patrick's Day combined into one. Everyone dresses up, goes out to carnivals, and gets utterly hammered. Fun times.
>>
File: antispiralcrowd.jpg (79 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
antispiralcrowd.jpg
79 KB, 480x640
>>43842208
Halloween, beacuse then we don't even have to bother explaining how we look.

>>43842357
Are stormtroopers breaking in to interrupt grandpa's VR masturbation part of the tradition?

>>43841490
>>43842364
So...what's it about?

>>43842364
Also this might seem off-topic but on a scale of one to Azathoth how eldritch would you say you are?
>>
>>43842208
Forgot to add my own stuff to it.

Honestly, mine's Christmas--partially because you can find a version of it in just about every Jump, but mostly for the food and togetherness that my Companions and I all share.

>>43842461
>how eldritch?
A one, maybe a two? I pretty much stick to my kitsune or human forms, which aside from having variably toxic cobalt blue blood are fairly vanilla. Most of my scary comes from being able to pick up a dumptruck and throw it, or bring down skyscrapers with a stomp or punch while still appearing as a normalish little girl.
>>
>>43842461
>What's it about?
See my earlier post.
>>
>>43842208
Thanksgiving is always great.
Ditto Christmas.

Halloween can be fun as well.
>>
>>43842461
Written by the writer of Bakemonogatari, incidentally. The plot:

Throughout Shogunate Japan are scattered twelve legendary swords, each rumored to be capable of defeating an army in hands of a single swordsman.

Shogunate strategist/obligatory little girl named Togame is tasked with retrieving them all for the Shogunate. Of course, being a strategist, she does not intend to do it herself. So first she hires a ninja clan. But the price of the swords is so high, the whole clan defects after getting their hands on a single one. Then, she hires a swordsman, figuring that if money can't keep a deal going, honor of a samurai will. NOPE. Same story - the guy gets a single sword, and reneges on the promise. Frustrated, she goes for a guaranteed strategy - hires a guy who would not be interested in swords for any reason. Enter Yasuri Shichika - the last heir of a No Sword School, Kyotouryuu.

And so starts an adventure of two people over all of Japan, gathering ridiculous swords all the while being hunted by the aforementioned ninja clan. Expect very interesting swords, very interesting ninja abilities and VERY interesting stuff on part of Yasuri family.

Been thinking of writing it myself, but got stuck on the stuff I have already began writing and life. Good stuff.

As for being eldritch... Let me write it out, the post is getting too big.
>>
Is there any order that i should take the Final Fantasy Jumps? Which should I take first?
>>
File: Lady World 2.jpg (150 KB, 1148x695) Image search: [Google]
Lady World 2.jpg
150 KB, 1148x695
>>43842461
>>43842802
If you approach the matter from the physical perspective, it's nothing that particularly special.

Angel alt form, a whole lot of monster forms, with several kitsune among them, all of them fused together, to mix and match when needed. Infused up to the gills with Imaginos and Endless Dust, my body may or may not employ entirely too many miniaturized Orgels of Origins as body cells, in addition to the Storm Hawks conversion methods. Absolute power, and absolute efficiency.

Various dream perks and the billions and billions of souls inside of me make the eldritchness... More, profound.

~~~

Now, if you start talking about being eldritch as having an effect on the world? Hoo boy.

Expounding on what I think was OAA's idea, I employed Fate's Noble Phantasm as a method of fusing together Bhunivelze's realm, Gunnerkrigg reality warp, all of my corruption perks, all the magic, the souls inside of me and everything else what have you to create Sphaela Aje, Sciance Nafa - an ultimate Reality Marble-esque construct capable of leaking into my surroundings and into fabric of reality itself, corrupting uplifting it and everything in that reality in a... Permanent... Manner.You could say I have a universe inside of me as well.

And when I actually activate it as a Phantasm, me and the witnesses are transported to that universe, which can be called an upgraded copy of a utopia I achieved in a Civilization jump. With the reality itself there belonging to me beyond any doubt, and amplifying my spells, not many beings stand a chance.

...Geez. That description got away from me there. Apologies.

On a lesser note - I never made a secret of grabbing as many charisma, appearance and recruitment perks as I can in all jumps. So that's pretty... "Eldritch", as well?
>>
>>43843117
There is no order besides 13,13-2,and 13-3 all worlds of final fantasy are self contained in their own worlds except 13.
>>
>>43843117
Well, most folks I've heard about do 'em in numerical order, so that'd be VI->VII->VIII->IX->X->XI->FFTA->XII->XII: RW->XIII->XIII-2->XIII-3->XIV, with 8-Bit Theater either at the beginning (parody of I) or at the end (not really a game.)

Then you get Bravely Default in the mix, which is an FF game in all but name, and plays a lot like FFV, but is its own continuity.
>>
>>43843197
Don't forget Crystal Chronicles.
>>
>>43843221
Where does that even go? After IX but before X?

And is Type-0 before or after XIII?
>>
>>43843250
Type-0 is technically... It involves XIII, and I'd place it before XIII-3 due to it involving one of Bhunivelze's projects failing, but technically it could go anywhere in around the 13 series.

As for CC, I'd personally place it between IX and X, ye.
>>
>>43843197
I believe I took 11 first, actually. The world is... relatively decently stable, what with all the adventurers running around and keeping things secure, and it was an effective introduction to White Magic for use in later Final Fantasies.
>>
>>43843117
In terms of in setting difficulty or in terms of jump ease?
>>
>>43843117
I did VIII first, because fuck you imma adult and I can eat my dessert first.
>>
>>43843357
I know zero about final fantasy, so I'll probably take 11 first from what >>43843342
's saying. Is it all in the same world, and just different plots?
>>
>>43843406
The even numbered FF's were, for the most part, the best in the series.
>>
>>43843487

Nope most Final Fantasy worlds have almost nothing to do with each other besides sharing some reoccuring themes and stuff.
>>
>>43843487
No. Some of the worlds are interconnected, all of them may be interconnected, but there's no guarantee.

Difficulty wise, XI is one of the easiest because it's freeform. That being said, the jump doesn't mention a lot of the things that have happened in the later expansions. So some hidden dangers may be present.

All Final Fantasies tend to have self resolving plotlines, which means even if you wander off and do something totally not plot related the big bad will still die eventually. That being said, without considering what's actually in the jumps.

In ascending order of difficulty
FFTA < 11 < 12RW < 12 < 14 < 10 < 8 < 7 < CC < 9 < 6 < 13 < 13-2 < 13-3 < Type-0 In terms of difficulty.
8 bit is generally on the lower end. Bravely Default would be somewhere around the 879 range. That's in setting difficulty and how badly the plot could affect you. 13 is dangerous because the author has dangerous biases.

In terms of decreasing ease of use and pitfalls in the jump however...
Bravely Default, 8 Bit, FFTA < 11 < 7 < 8 < 6 < 10 < 9 < 13 < 13-2 < CC < 12-RW < Type-0 < 13-3 < 12 < 14
>>
>>43843489
>One
>Seven
>Eleven
>Thirteen
Come on, anon. I can vouch for at least four odd FFs.

>>43843593
Fourteen is pretty damn dangerous. Granted, that's only if you truly involve yourself in the plot, but still.
>>
>>43843593
How the hell is 0 harder than 13-3? 13-3 ends with a no-holds barred fight with a cosmic god.
>>
>>43843624
I'll give you seven, and one gets a nostalgia vote. Eleven and 13 were meh. The last good FF was 8.
>>
Would Mechanic and Technician from Pokemon be enough to replicate Pacifistas?
>>
>>43843624
>Thirteen
>any good

Get out Lightning, nobody likes you as a protagonist.
>>
>>43843686
Now, I understand how people might dislike 14 for being a MMO and possibly having never played it.

But are you seriously dissing on 10 here?

>>43843712
The first 13 was decent enough, no?
>>
>>43843635
Type-0 is a simulated universe where two gods have decided to set up a butcher shop in order to kill as many people as they can to "open a door" that doesn't exist.

13-3 doesn't necessarily need to end with Bhunivelze's plan, and Lightning is destined to defeat him no matter what. As long as Lightning is present it's a guaranteed victory.

>>43843624
Any difficulty 14 would have is entirely based on plot difficulty, but there's no reason why you can't just stay away from every Ascian plot and Primal sighting. There are confirmed to be other countries across the ocean where an Imperial dictatorship keeps things relatively safe.

The jump itself, discounting the scenario, starts after the fall of Dalamud, so even that isn't an issue. This is ARR, not pre fall.
>>
What is Jumpchain? Is there some actual game being played or is just a framework for one's imagination?
>>
>>43843624
The problem with recent FFs is that, while the tech behind them has grown leaps and bounds since the earlier FFs, the storytelling and characterization are stunted. The characters are vapid, the stories conflate convoluted plots with complex narrative, and they're all in all kinda soulless.

They're technical marvels with no heart.
>>
>>43843787
The latter.

Like the CYOA thread but it got even more out of hand.
>>
>>43843799

Cool, sounds like my kind of autism.
>>
>>43843756
>FF X
It was goodish. The best of the newer ones, but following it up with X-2 was a mistake.
>>
>>43843706
No, it's restricted to tech seen in the Pokemon universe. And while that stuff is very advanced it doesn't cover androids.

You could probably build a mech though.
>http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Team_Rocket's_mechas
>>
>>43843824
Wait, what? I can't build shit with perks from other jumps?
>>
File: pa1603571.jpg (30 KB, 193x350) Image search: [Google]
pa1603571.jpg
30 KB, 193x350
>>43843487
Unless there's a direct sequel as is the case with FF13, the worlds are all separate, but with recurring themes and call backs.

FF11 is easier than most others because that game took a radical departure from the norm and became a party-based MMORPG, whereas the games before that were all just regular RPGs.
So basically that means you're not going to accidentally derail the plot or run into the final boss because there isn't one. But it is possible to accidentally wander into an area with monsters far above your level grade, so you should still watch out for that.
Maybe team up with some wandering adventurers if you're planning to go somewhere dangerous.

White Mages are really popular, cuz they focus solely on healing, and cuz nobody wants to be one.
>>
>>43843854
Er, why would you rely on those perks in particular for something unique to One Piece anyway?
>>
>>43843818

If you think X-2 is bad don't look up the audio drama sequels.
>>
>>43843789
12 and 13? Sure. But 14 has spirit, I can say that much. And 15 seems like it'll get the series back into the groove for good.
>>
>>43843854
You can, I just meant that those two perks by themselves might not be enough to let you build giant weaponized androids.

Although I may be wrong because I just checked some more pages on Bulbapedia and I forgot how stupidly advanced some the tech in the Pokemon world is.
>>
>>43843854
No, he's saying that the technical knowledge that those perks give you would be focused on Pokemon technology. You could make tech from other jumps, you just wouldn't have the automatic competency you'd have for tech native to Pokemon. You'd have a good starting position to learn it, having already been familiar with electrical engineering, but you'd still need to work at reverse-engineering the Pacifistas if you wanted to make more of them.
>>
>>43843886
I was thing of getting rid of Tinkerer.

>>43843909
Yeah, Pokemon Tech is stupidly advanced.

>>43843910
Well, yeah, i didn't expect to just be able to instantly create a Pacifista.

It would take a few years, but in the end i'd still have something that would last me a few jumps.
>>
>>43843889
That sounds pretty horrible.
>>
>>43843963
You could probably learn how to build a Pacifista, assuming you can apprentice under their creator or study them. Both of which are actually pretty difficult, because the creator in question has somehow yet to make an appearance anywhere in the series and is somewhat hard to find, while studying them basically requires you to be able to smash them so you can examine the parts.
>>
>>43843994
I have a lightning fruit, and i trained for a while in dojos in Pokemon, so i think im'a be fine cracking open a couple Pacifistas.

Besides, we start at the beginning of the Anime right? IIRC, they havent entered mass production yet.
>>
>>43843963
If it helps, the Razzle Dazzle jump has an item that lets you copy the blueprints of any machine it's placed on.
>>
>>43843890
The only MMOs that have ever held my attention were SWTOR, and City of Heroes.
>>
>>43844064
My sincerest condolences.
>>
>>43839560
As has been pointed out, we frequently operate in universes where fictional tropes hold, that's all.

Also it's entirely likely that I do have miles of wiring inside me. Hmm. I suppose I could just replace that with fibre optics and bypass the whole EM interference thing.

>>43842461
>on a scale of one to Azathoth how eldritch would you say you are?
Probably Monolith/10
>>
>>43844072
Grinding can be fun, but MMO gameplay has never done it for me so that's never appealed to me. I love Star Wars so I slogged through SWTOR to see the stories. Capes are fun too, so I played CoH.

DCUO was fun, I was part of the beta, but Sony's comically inept approach to information security killed it.
>>
>>43841423
>Terrain of Magical Expertise has the "And Together They're The Twin Blades" perk
What are those from? I've been gone from the threads for a while.
>>
>>43844173
Terrain of Magical Experience is a web series that's mostly alright and we have a jump for it. It has the The Twin Blades perk and quite a few useful others.
>>
>>43844187
Ah, thank you.
>>
>>43841423
>has it that you and another partner (companion or not, decided upon the purchasing of the perk) have pretty much perfect synchronization, combat or otherwise.
What about synchronized orgasms?
>>
>>43843756
>The First 13

Where to start...
The combat was sincerely a terrible departure from the turn-based combat in that all it took was you using the item Libra Scope to learn that enemy's weaknesses, and then using the Auto-Battle command to begin attacking while setting your other two party members (you never even got to control them, just select AI defaults) to do the other commands such as buffing and debuffing.

The enemy variety was sorely lacking - many of them were simply re-used skins with one or two slight adjustments to indicate a higher level.

The plot had merit, but the characters themselves are cardboard cut-outs and their voice actors did nothing to help - there was no emotion in any of their lines besides maybe the token black dude Sazh. Lightning herself was a caricature of the 'stoic soldier' archetype, and not in the positive way or any method of allowing character growth. The idea is there and obvious in what was attempted, but the execution was flawed. The same goes for every other character.

As well, a massive portion of the game was reduced to an unexplorable hallway until you reached ONE section of the world, after which they went back to the hallway approach - and this one I can't say I fault them. If an interview I read was correct, they weren't aware of the limits of the system they were developing 13 in console-wise, and so most of the first portion was developed with them unaware that they still had the capacity to go for the wide, open world (which they likely realized with the Archylte Steppe).

The soundtrack itself is same-y aside from three to four pieces - it's all the same sounds and tones which add to their environment, but none of it is memorable aside from perhaps Eden Under Siege, The Warpath Home, Daddy's Got The Blues, and No Way To Live.

And I gotta get off my fucking soapbox god damn it sorry about that.
>>
Which fully mentally and physically adult Touhou character is the cutest or best to snuggle with? I'm going to get the secret ending that reunites Gensokyo with the Outside World, and while I'm there I should meet someone cute to talk with. I would say Yukari, but she's already behind me in a gap waiting to troll someone.
>>
>>43844238
I will concede however that the environmental art had a lot of detail put into it, and like the WKC-verse it's a very BEAUTIFUL game.

It just. It's full of potential that never got anywhere.
>>
>>43844243
Why don't you go for THE STRONGEST?
>>
>>43844243
Ran Yakumo for snuggle, tiny munchkin is cutest.
>Secret ending
Highly doubt it since Youkai are suppose to naturally scare humans, Youkai themselves are fairly arrogant if I recall that source material and the regular youkai themselves are fairly selfish in touhou. I could be wrong but if I recall the youkai that are able to obtain a human shaped form are usually the strongest ones.
>>
File: hellsingnutshell.jpg (61 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
hellsingnutshell.jpg
61 KB, 500x500
>>43844243
Better question: How? Don't those bitches like, eat people?
>>
>>43844310
Youkai do regularly eat outsiders humans if they don't make it to the shrine or human village.
>>
>>43844243
Every member of the Old Maids Alliance
>>
>>43844350
>Old maids alliance
What?
>>
File: Gunter_in_Sign.png (39 KB, 300x346) Image search: [Google]
Gunter_in_Sign.png
39 KB, 300x346
Anyone here specifically order their jumps?

e.g. going to Legend of Korra before Terminator so that you can lavabend the T1000s.

I'm sure it's pretty much the standard for people who don't roll stuff as I can't imagine most other people choose arbitrarily, would be interested to see what you chose though.

What were your first 10 (or more/less) jumps and why did you choose that order?
>>
>>43844367
I set mine up like a TV lineup. For example, I'll have a block of scifi that runs low to high threat and then after the high threat I'll have a one-off jump, like a vacation, a horror, or a comedy jump. Then I'll shift genres and do it again.

I like to make JC's viewing as enjoyable as possible.
>>
File: yanderata.png (23 KB, 177x100) Image search: [Google]
yanderata.png
23 KB, 177x100
>>43842461
> but on a scale of one to Azathoth how eldritch would you say you are?

Well, hm, let's see...
> Highest tier shapeshifter able to take on thousands of forms.
> Various teleportation/adjacent plane shifting/speed/portal/invisibles perks allowing to effectively wander the universe.
> Despite this, mostly hang around humans.
> Pretending to be a normal human.
> An often cruel, manipulative, yet possessing otherworldly intelligence human.
> In darkest moments, prone to ridiculous jRPG nihilism.

Well, well, well, well, well, welly well well well.
I guess on a scale of one-to-Azillion, I'm pretty Nyarly.
>>
>>43844367
I make all my builds and then put them in whatever order I want, like going to The Last Airbender after I finish Korra. Therefore, I really need to think about what I could do in what order to save myself and others some pain and tragedy.
>>
>>43844363
Oldest girls in Gensokyo

Coincidentally also the best
>>
>>43844427
So all of them are old hags?
>>
>>43844447
Hey man, they're the best. Just ask my boy Benjamin Franklin.
>>
File: Kodama_sama-d42cenx.png (429 KB, 800x813) Image search: [Google]
Kodama_sama-d42cenx.png
429 KB, 800x813
>>43844294
That was my original choice! Snuggling a dead drunk oni as she sleeps off a party sounded like heaven. The thread mentioned I should start an arm wrestling match to impress her, and that would become an incident really quickly.

>>43844301
Ran is cute, knows about other dimensions, and has a ton of tails to keep both of us warm. Spending a summer night with her talking about spellcards and how the fucking Taoists keep breaking shrines would be something that happens once in a lifetime.

It generally is impossible. I took a lot of Perks that cause people to hear me out, give me relevant legal knowledge, and one from Worm that explicitly gives me Dr. "Exposure to her gives sanity points" Yamada's communication skills. Canon is much lighter, and this is my last Jump out of every one written. I focused on intelligence. This will be the hardest keikaku of all time.

>>43844310
Canon is lighter! At worst a few of them eat each other because they're raging lesbians/

>>43844350
Technically old, but physically cute and with fun personalities. Yukari in particular would be a good friend. We both jump around in dimensions.
>>
>>43844509
Oh you took the lighter canon? Then you might have a better chance then.
>>
All right jumpers I may just be completely fucking blind but what the fuck is the difference between the two RWBY jumps, I just cant fucking tell whats different between them, is it flavour text or what, TELL ME YOUR SECRETS DOCUMENTS!
>>
>>43844603
The secret is Classified
>>
>>43844623
anon pls
>>
>>43844603
One has an option to get a companion that gets CP every jump and one doesn't. There was a shitfit over gaining a mini-jumper way back when.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 47

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.