[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Jumpchain CYOA Thread #597: An Eldritch Horror Is You Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 56
File: 1444809953408.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
1444809953408.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>Google Drive
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&usp=sharing

>IRC
http://client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=%23JumpchainCYOA
https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
http://pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>Last Thread
>>43803956
>>
>>43820641
Of course anon. I'm the cutest one too.
>>
In Borderlands could EXP Module upgrade Phase Pierce to do something like 'the amount of shots you can fire depends on the gun used, with sniper rifles only getting a single shot, while smg's can fire an entire clip off before you return to reality'? Could you get elemental effects on your phased shots, like how Maya ends up hitting all enemies nearby with all elements?
>>
/jc/, I wnt to become a horrifying soul powered abomination. What's the best way of doing so?
>>
>>43820866
Castlevania for Power of Dominance, Hellsing for Dark Binding, Homunculus in Full Metal Alchemist besides the part where alchemy there can run on souls, Shindamachu from Inuyasha. Dark Souls and Demon Souls would likely help.
>>
>>43820866
Various kinds of vampire from Van helsing, Skyrim, and Shadowrun.
Zerg can let you do this as well.
>>
>>43820866
Evangelion will probably help if you take some of the more esoteric perks.
>>
>>43820866
The immediate response is go to Hellsing, and get Dark Binding, but that might not be enough.

If you become an Angel in Evangelion you are made of your own soul, but that might not be enough.

If you go to Minecraft you can get magical machines that run on souls, and Worm has a power that lets you absorb things and can learn magitech, so you can run magitech inside you on soul power. But that might not be enough.

If you go to FMA you can become a homunculus, a being with a core comprised of a philosophers stone which is in turn made from souls. But that might not be enough.

You could get the Black Star from Skyrim and import it to Steven Universe so that your core is now able to absorb a sapient soul, or just the regular Azura's Star if you are fine with regular souls. But that might not be enough.

Unfortunately I'm tired and can't remember the monsters that do things with souls... they're on the tip of my tongue.. brain... fingers... whatever.

Hope that helps.
>>
>>43820866
Bloodborne. Get the three umbilical cords and eat them AFTER bloodborne jump.
>>
>>43821062
>Eating umbilical cords
This isn't china.
>>
>>43821062
Why?
>>
>>43821357
IIRC, It summons the BBEG of Bloodborne. If you beat him, you turn into a baby of his species.
>>
File: BBEG.png (126 KB, 350x332) Image search: [Google]
BBEG.png
126 KB, 350x332
>>43821394
Woops, forgot pic.
>>
>>43821394
It doesn't really summon her, so much as give you eldritch power capable of beating her. Potentially.
If you didn't consume them, she auto-rapes you after beating the first hunter, and then you become the new overseer.
>>
>>43821394
Isn't the BBEG just a random beat 'em up boss? What's so special about them that you'd want to be one?
>>
>>43821529
Because the whole game takes place in a dream created by one or more of the more powerful members of their species. A reality marble that's seemingly indefinite, in other words
>>
>>43821529
If you're referring to Gehrman, he's the Final Boss.
Flora, The tentacle girl in the pic i posted is the True Final Boss, who presides over the Dream.

>>43821562
Is she a Great One? IIRC, her trophy doesn't refer to her as one.
>>
I wish Bloodborne came out on something other than a PS4.
>>
>>43821642
Same, it looks beautiful but my sour xbone grapes prevent me from playing it so I haven't read up on it too much.

>>43821562
>>43821609
So, you gnosh on a few baby straws and you've got the chance to grow up into Azothoth?
>>
>>43821700
>>43821700
iirc the whole point of the thing for them is that they want one of the hunters to end up turning into a baby, so they can adopt and raise you.

I think the doll turns out to be one in the end and adopts you herself?
>>
>>43821700
Great ones in Bloodborne aren't quite on Lovecraft level, I mean people with swords can kill them. A strong shoggoth could handle most of them.
>>43821717
The doll also states she was made by humans, she might have been created for the job of taking care of any humans that succeed in becoming one. There was rather a wide interest by people in becoming a great one after all.
>>
>>43821737
They're not quite lovecraft level but it's a good start up point, considering one of Great Ones is formless but still can affect world.

Really, it's a good base. Eat the cords in Civilization jump so you got plenty of time to age up your Great One body
>>
>>43821845
But who to raise you while you're an ugly tentacle babby?
>>
>>43821868
Import japanese as your race?
>>
>>43821868
Better choose your companions wisely, or else you'll spend the rest of existence listening to child-cephalopod duality jokes
>>
>>43821868
Get a companion to do it.

I get the feeling that Jibril would be great at raising an elder god.
>>
>>43821737
>Implying humans in Bloodborne/Dark Souls aren't extremely badass.

Also, didn't Gehrman base her on Maria?
>>
>>43821868
Go to fallout and grab a Mrs. Handy. Alternatively, you could make your own mother-bot. Apart from that you could find a companion you trust enough.
>>
>>43821898
You mean some kind of kid, squid thing? Don't we have a jump for that?
>>
File: Konata_Nagato_by_iridion.png (12 KB, 494x589) Image search: [Google]
Konata_Nagato_by_iridion.png
12 KB, 494x589
>>43820521
> could a case not be made that Konata [is], for a given value of cosmic horror, at least a bit on the eldritch side?

Well, let's see...
After I figured out how 4D biology works post-Lovecraft (complete understanding took more than the ten years, but to be honest I was kindof half-assing it), I performed some enlightened self-surgery and modeled myself with my pet shoggoth's DNA, utilizing it to possess more mass than I realistically should.
Also great for adding mental processing power.
Then in Bayonetta I figured out how Angel DNA works, so I can manifest bronze masks n' shit.

None of this effected my outer appearance because I actually know what the fuck I'm doing when I start messing with this stuff (it involves going through a lot of rats), and besides, I'm a high end shapeshifter who makes Envy piss himself in jealousy.
But if you cut me open you would see some shiiiit.

Then later this was all rendered moot when I became a wandering soul body powered by AT fields and determination, courtesy of Evangelion's Pattern Blue.
Although I am a Hybrid, so I don't really know what the fuck my DNA is doing right now.

Probably puking in constant horror.

And then with all the unaltered altforms I've collected and the GG Locket I'm constantly wearing, I can basically shut all that stuff off at will.
So that's fun.

But to answer your question, I'm pretty sure I'm the very DEFINITION of eldritch.

And it's fluffy the whole way down.
>>
All this talk of how high end jumpers turn out inhuman on some level makes me wonder.

For a pure strain human jumper, are there any jumps to avoid which force you into a non-human background.

Apart from Pokemon Dungeon explorers.

We have plenty of companion humanification jumps, so let's turn it on its head.
>>
Does magicka from Elder Scrolls integrate with mana or "magical energy" from other settings or is it an entirely different fuel source?
>>
>>43822163
fanwank it
>>
>>43822043
Changeling, Vampire the Masquerade-Bloodlines, and Vampire the Requiem. Dragon Commander requires you are at least half dragon. Then there is Starcraft zerg, but you can be an Infested Terran, and then get the infestation taken care of.
>>43822163
It's ambient magical energy that you absorb into yourself, it's pretty generic mana.
>>
>>43822163
Been lots of arguments about this, some people think all magic should have the same power source, some think they all run on different juice.

In the end though it doesn't really matter and either are fine.

Think I tend towards the second school of thought but it really is down to whichever appeals more.
>>
>>43822163
Pretty much everyone with a brain has a single mana pool and not 500. You'd have to have a fetish for micromanagement to go for the other.
>>
>>43822043
Off the top of my head, and ignoring jumps that make you roll for race, but you can pay for human, or where not all of the origins change your race:

>Nightmare Before Christmas
>Vampire the Masquerade
>SimAnt
>Evo, I think
>Aquaria, I think
>Kirby
>Imaginary Friend, but only if you get really, really picky about what constitutes "human"
>Madoka, both normal and Noir, depending on if you think soul-gemming makes you inhuman
>>
>>43820866

Don't forget Asura's Wrath. There are consequences, but you can consume souls to produce Mantra.
>>
>>43821909
>>43821898
>>43821868

You can get Plain Doll as an item you can buy in Bloodborne jump.

Keep her with you, she will raise you.

Oh, Good Hunter
>>
>>43822323
It's not her. It's not a companion even. Basically, if you buy the doll and the insight perk, you go insane and talk to the doll and THINK it's a person, but it's outright just that doll. And not the character, or a living being.
>>
>>43822323
>You can get Plain Doll as an item you can buy in Bloodborne jump.
>Keep her with you, she will raise you.
So, Jump-Chan has yet another form she's assuming? I am okay with this.
>>
>>43822246
>Nightmare Before Christmas

What's more human than a human skeleton?
>>
>>43822587
The meat prison, obviously.
>>
>>43822718
You mean in Coach Oriel's mind?
>>
File: image.jpg (60 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
60 KB, 1280x720
>>43822587
You're assuming you'd be a human skeleton. Maybe you were never were human in the first place - just a skeleton. Rather than spending decades spent in a cage of flesh, maybe you were just bone free.
>>
>>43822334
I talked to the Bloodborne jump maker. On IIRC.

They said that Bloodborne jump, when updated, will have it explained what exactly the Doll item gives you. Apparently, it was supposed to become a proper companion or something. I think they are just waiting with finishing off DLC till the update
>>
>>43823072
>On IIRC
What's that? Is it like the pensieve from Harry Potter?
>>
>>43823079
I meant IRC.

Stupid keyboard
>>
>>43823128
I know, just wanted to make a joke based on what that acronym means. Remember, Pensieve. You know.
>>
anyone have the link to the latest slut life or sissy life?
>>
>>43823174
>>43804180
Go here.
>>
>>43823174
What the fuck?
>>
>>43823201
I can only assume anon is dumb enough to think all CYOA threads are the same.
>>
>>43823201
>>43823208
Standard procedure, hide and ignore.
>>
>>43823208
It was the title of what he was looking for that got me.

"I'm sorry, your looking for wot, m8?'
>>
>>43823239
It's one of the smut CYOAs over in the general. The framing device is a reality show about... well, you can probably guess.
>>
>>43823239
It's actually pretty quality, if you're into fantasizing about being imprisoned by psychopaths and sexually humiliated and violated for months or years on live television.
>>
File: 5ca.gif (834 KB, 500x284) Image search: [Google]
5ca.gif
834 KB, 500x284
>>43823239

Lewd CYOAs.
You know how /tg/ is.
>>
Okay, this is probably gonna catch me a lot of flak but I want to keep communication open with the thread.

The Worm update isn't going to be done for awhile due to the holidays effects on my job, but what I've done so far has really got me thinking.

Worm was my first jump and while overall I'm proud of the job I did it still is crap compared to my latest jumps. Wording, descriptions, and whatnot all could have been a lot better.

On top of this there are a couple of places like the changer section that have neat ideas implemented horribly for the purposes of Jumpchain and really should be reworked.

So to you guys, I want to let you know I want to go over the jump and basically upgrade it to my current standards while fixing the issues it does have. Especially areas where the letter of the descriptions seems to bork the spirit of what was intended.

Whats everybodies opinions on this? I don't want to flat out remove anything, but the jump could be so much better with the work put in to polish it, and with all the worm talk and attention you guys pay it I don't want to go behind your backs.

I love JC and jumpmaking, and I don't want to leave everybodies opinions out of the loop.
>>
>>43823692

Go for it. The worst that happens is some people just use the old version.

Well, the worst that happens is someone tracks you down and turns your head into a lawn ornament - but that's really unlikely.
>>
>>43823692
I personally am completely fine with it. While I really like the Worm jump, I do agree that there are some bits of clunky phrasing in there. Giving it a good once-over to polish everything up would be great.
>>
>>43823692
I'd rather have the best Worm jump you can make than a Worm jump you consider subpar.
>>
>>43823692
Go for it.
>>
>>43823692
I think that would depend on precisely what changes you're thinking of. There's always one or two idiots with kneejerk reactions against change of any sort but speaking personally I think I wouldn't be able to call it one way or another until I hear some coffers plans. Though I would say Worm jump seems pretty clear cut barring perhaps how the acquirable path to victory differs from the canon one
>>
>>43823813
*concrete plans, ugh
>>
>>43823692
If someone has an old build they can keep it just as easily as not. So that shouldn't be an issue. Plus, most Anons will argue for more content as opposed to less so you've got that going for you.

For me, though, I'm more excited for the Sword and Sorcery scenarios.
>>
>>43823813
Changer is the biggest sore spot. The powers are so vague and open ended they can be interpreted to be insanely unbalanced. Most of the rest is just going through and adding clearer descriptions. Blink is the most well done power in there and it kills me that the others don't have the depth and nuance it has the more you look at it.
>>
File: Jump List Trimmed 494.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Jump List Trimmed 494.pdf
1 B, 486x500
Think this has 4 more jumps than the one from the drive.
>>
>>43823871
>Sword and Sorcery scenarios
Glad I'm not the only one.
>>
>>43823910
Oh, of course you aren't. Scenarios are fun, Worm Anon's jumps are fun, it's only natural that we'd be expecting scenarios in one of Worm Anon's jumps to be fun.
>>
File: pie.gif (46 KB, 254x283) Image search: [Google]
pie.gif
46 KB, 254x283
>>43823692
needs more tinker powers. bombs, chemistry, vehicles, martial arts, botany, cooking, pie. anything you want to put in there will do, it just needs more variety.
>>
>>43823692
>>43823692
>>43823692
I don't know much about Worm, so I can't really say much on the content. The Jump is pretty clear and precise so there's really nothing I would recommend changing. However can we get the list changes you'll be adding?
>>
>>43823953
He's doubling the number of powers on the table, so you'll get four new Tinker shards to choose from. There's Bakuda (all sorts of weird "bombs"), Chariot (anything to do with transportation and movement), Masamune (mass production and wide scale deployment of assets) and one more that I can't remember.
>>
>>43823884
In that case, I say go for it. I would appreciate a clarification on how the available PtV differs from the canon one if its not too much trouble because as written they seem awfully similar to me apart from the bit about your biases slipping in
>>
>>43823871
>>43823910
>>43823934
>tfw I came into this thread expecting vitriol and shitstorms for wanting to make changes to my first jump. Tfw not only are people ok with it but several anons are more excited over Sword and Sorcery, a jump I'm so much more proud of.

Dammit /jc/. Why the feelz. I'm really happy you all think my jumps are fun.

>>43823961
Yeah, I'll make a big changelog for when I post the WIP for the update. I don't want to finalize anything without feedback.
>>
File: 20525-620x-sadface.jpg (165 KB, 620x350) Image search: [Google]
20525-620x-sadface.jpg
165 KB, 620x350
>>43824018
no pie?
>>
>>43824057
Speaking as an observer I think making jumps is a bit like applying for a job: it's equally important to stay in contact, explain yourself concisely and have a good history of achievements to point to as your reference
>>
>>43824057
Dude, your jumps are great. I think it's just that Worm has the most potential for dick measuring competitions in it (beating Scion, beating the Endbringers, etc.) so it gets a disproportionate amount of conversation. But things like Sherlock Holmes or Swords and Sorcery are still really well written and fun to jump. I've actually put more thought into what I'd be doing in my Swords and Sorcery run than I have for a lot of other jumps.
>>
>>43824117
That could actually probably fall under Bakuda's shard. Her specialty isn't really bombs, it's devices that burn themselves out in producing their effect. So a pie that when smashed into someone's face calmed them down would probably be a valid use of that specialization.
>>
>>43824195
I'm surprised Tenchi Muyo, Bayonetta, Negima and Medaka box don't get as much talk for the same reason
>>
>>43824248
>It's devices that burn themselves out
Wot?
>>
>>43824117
Check out the Atelier Arland jump dirge_ posted last night. There's an entire field of alchemy focused around pie. Including the rather horrific consequences of creating a Living Pie. His blood is on my hands. His delicious, syrupy blood.
>>
>>43824248
That's fanon, her ability was bombs and bomb accessories.
>>
File: giphy.gif (343 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
343 KB, 500x281
>>43824248
PIE! exploding pie! all over!
>>
>>43824194
Thats very true anon. Never thought of it like that.

>>43824195
Yeah, I can see it. Honestly it just feels kind of embarrassing at times. I've improved a lot but my first jump gets the most discussion and makes me cringe at times.

You should love the scenarios. I'm still working on them but they have options to nab all kinds of neat items and companions.

If they turn out well I think I'll do the same for a generic cyberpunk and space opera jumps whose outlines have been sitting on my computer ever since I was working on Evo.
>>
>>43824282
Her "bombs" can do all sorts of weird things. Warp space, stop time, turn things to glass...as long as it does it all in one burst it seems to be something she's capable of.

>>43824298
You're right, I'm kind of exaggerating it. There are some types of one-use items she wouldn't be able to make. Like medical injections, for example, that wouldn't fit her specialty. But I still think a bomb made of pie would be totally in-theme for her, as would that pie bomb causing a calming effect on people affected by it.
>>
>>43824117
Why have pie when you can have potatoes? Delicious, salty potatoes.
>>
>>43824341
Medicine bomb. Contact sensitive bomb that's filled with healing salvo.
>>
>>43824341

Well a regeneration bomb should work... and possibly also give you cancer.
>>
>>43824277
Tenchi was a minor shitstorm before it was created, and it caused some sandy vaginas while being finalized.
>>
>>43824322
>Scenarios
>There's a drawback that makes you a pure villain
What kind of scenarios will they be? Dirge-esque "here's the plot, go and become a hero", or will being a bad guy be an option? Or perhaps you'll go for Cats' method of simply setting a goal?
>>
>>43824277
Medaka Box just gets used for Real Eater by people who stay the fuck away from the plot, and Negima gets used for Thousand Master or Twilight Imperium by people who stay the fuck away from the plot.
>>
>>43824422
A little of both. Goals with a plot driving them, with preferably the sort of amoral freedom in how they are accomplished that fits a Sword and Sorcery world.
>>
>>43824489
yeah, negima I took thousand master and got pulled way the hell into the plot
>>
How bad of an idea would it be to turn the Arrowhead into a Tsukumogami in Golden Sky Stories?
>>
>>43824559

That is an excellent idea. And it's probably not going to be as bad as turning the Shining Trapezohedron into a tsukumogami.
>>
>>43824559
Well, it's already drawn to those who it could empower, so making it capable of thought and action would have it run around stabbing everyone it thought could use a Stand.
>>
File: when were you in control.gif (989 KB, 350x350) Image search: [Google]
when were you in control.gif
989 KB, 350x350
>>43824559
>the Arrowhead becomes a being with a soul, and could therefore theoretically obtain a Stand

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>>
File: image.jpg (86 KB, 650x1200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
86 KB, 650x1200
Which brings me question of Medical Tinkers. I wonder if there's a few on call for hospitals.
>>
So, with the new PMD having come out in the west a week ago, would it be in poor taste to take that universe as a location if we rolled Free Choice/paid CP to choose? The setting seems like it's much more developed than other games, with towns existing outside of the main hub and everything.
>>
File: image.jpg (62 KB, 600x907) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
62 KB, 600x907
Light Of Terra Part 2.

I'm notoriously bad at deciding things. So I'm stuck between 1,000cp or extra ship part. I broke the Deadlight so I get two choices. I was thinking of Inertialess Drive (A must IMHO), and maybe Dark Eldar reshaping. Because who doesn't want a 32km fighter, without needing to go into the Warp?
>>
File: image.jpg (176 KB, 875x912) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
176 KB, 875x912
>>43824858
Doesn't that have mega evolution without a trainer?
>>
>>43824489
Which is bizarre because you'd think taking down certain Negima/Medaka characters would be way more impressive than schooling some dumb old deterministic space worm going by dickmeasuring logic
>>
>>43825007
They're both mangas, though. Everyone's used to just rolling their eyes and going "fuck Japan" when an anime does something insane.
>>
<Jump #01: Pokemon >>43794661

-----------
Warehouse
-----------
Local Net (-30CP)
ForceWall (-20CP)
Shelving (Free)
Terminal (-10CP)
Portal (-30CP)
Link (-30CP)
Robots (-20CP)
Food Supply (-10CP)

My intention with the warehouse is to make an fortress I could hide in for a while if it ever gets too hot for me to handle.

---------
Body Mod
---------
Build: Medium
Body Type: Charmer (-100)
Stats: Appeal 2 (Free), Shape 2 (Free) Strength 2 (-100) Endurance 1 (-50) Dexterity 3 (-150) Speed 1 (-100)
Perks: Metavore (-100) Endowed x3 (Free)

... (Ohohohoho!)
>>
>>43824898
Is there a medbay option? 'Cause with a DE waifu and the Barons, you're gonna be getting violated enough that you want something robust and on hand to sew your fun bits back together.
>>
>>43825145
He doesn't have the DEldar, he has Cultist-chan.
>>
>>43825185
Fair point.

>>43824898
>>43825145
>Is there a medbay option? 'Cause with a with Cultist-chan your shit is going to be rotting off often enough that you'll want something robust on hand to glue your fun bits back together, then back onto you.
Fixed.
>>
File: image.png (523 KB, 750x750) Image search: [Google]
image.png
523 KB, 750x750
>>43825145
I went with Tuesday. And if you break the Deadlight they die in part 2. I'm stuck with CC and the Chaos sisters. I plan on teaching them the error of their ways by beating the shit out of them. They'll cut out that violent atheist crap, for there's only one religion that is appropriate. Worship of me. I give no shits about breaking their bones, giving them concussions, rupturing organs.

>>43825185
Lord help me! At least I know if she survives, I'll have a little sister of great power. However first I'll have to make her ugly. Having a little sister that looks sexually attractive is weird. Yes that's Slaanesh's reward if she survives when her immortality is taken away in final battle.

>>43825232
Highspeed regeneration, but my bits are going anywhere near CC. Or anywhere near the Chaos Sisters. I keep my bits in my pants, as I have a waifu (Satsuki Kiryūin).
>>
>>43825369
Aren't*
>>
>>43825369
>CC and the Chaos sisters
Incredibly bangable post jump. What's the point in being a god if you don't bang your cultists? I mean, that's almost a form of abuse. And not the fun sexy kind, either. The bald one would have to grow her hair out, though.
>>
>>43824898
Those are pretty balanced. Later you can get Fleshmetal for defence, which is, in its own way, as good as Necrodermis. Just get some good guns and you can beat any of the ships in part 3 unless you truly fuck up.

>>43825232
You're not obligated to commit double-heresy, anon. If you do, however, you have to deal with the consequences.

>>43825369
Nah, it probably won't get to that point. Converting them is easier than it looks.
>>
File: tumblr_luzdorHixN1r6ltfro1_100.jpg (33 KB, 100x100) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_luzdorHixN1r6ltfro1_100.jpg
33 KB, 100x100
>>43825369

Didn't go for the sisters, or is Ryuko not to your taste?
>>
>>43825555
>Ryuko
No Tits McFrowny Face? Even Many isn't that masochistic.
>>
File: image.png (487 KB, 600x738) Image search: [Google]
image.png
487 KB, 600x738
>>43825555
I took her as a companion. Along with Senketsu & Junketsu. Junketsu is packaged deal with Satsuki. Seeing how he's not intelligent. I couldn't break the sisters up. Besides Ryūko is either gay or in love with Senketsu, I think.
>>
File: kCbgOMo.png (167 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
kCbgOMo.png
167 KB, 900x900
>>43825612
>not Ryuko AND Satsuki
C'mon, man, I'm not usually the type for big harems but...hot sisters, dude. In your reach. I'll go for both, even if it blows up in my face.
>>
>>43825612
>spoiler
Biomancy, son.
>>
>>43825685
Aw, she's not so bad.
She got to find out who killed her dad, guys.
And look how cute she is!
>>
File: ascension.gif (2 MB, 350x197) Image search: [Google]
ascension.gif
2 MB, 350x197
Tell me about your first paradigm shift, /jc/ - the first time you experienced a truly monumental increase in your own power, to the point of putting you on a new level of existence.

Let me bear witness to your ascension.
>>
>>43825932
She goes on a date with Mako though.
>>
>>43826313

FUNNY.
YOU.
ASK.

SO!
I went to Gunnm. Battle Angel Alita. I am now functionally immortal as far as I can tell, and my body is pretty much the plaything of my mind.
Let me describe exactly what happened. See, at first I was wowed by just the Karma Chameleon in tandem with my Ultimate Gundam cells. My body was already pretty tough, now the evolutionary capabilities of my UG cells could be brought to their fullest.

However, a certain someone convinced me to take Karmatron Dynamics, and I figured that the Doctor perkline was solid all the way down, so I got to it.
So now, due to taking both KC and KD, I have effectively Regenerator Nanos and a body that shifts to my will, which would be beautiful enough if it weren't for realizing...I had Independent Innovation. Doctor Perkline let me have a big enough knowledge base in order to start tinkering with integrating my UG Cells into my imagos(imaginos?) body...Now I've managed to get my consciousness distributed alongside an ever-shifting and evolving body, almost immaculately constructed and if not indestructible, then extremely sturdy. Too Raw enhanced that sturdiness, making it that as long as I have an ounce of the will to live in me, I'll find a way.

It's a heady feeling, and honestly it's hard not to cackle just writing that out, but I've become a completely different being physically. I'm not gonna reject my humanity, but god is it hard not to get a little giddy at being able to wade into a minefield and come out the other side spotless.
>>
>>43826427
Mako the hot companion from SWTOR or the shitty truck from ME1? 'Cause those are two very different mental images.
>>
File: vaQiWWO.png (208 KB, 600x874) Image search: [Google]
vaQiWWO.png
208 KB, 600x874
>>43826533

Dis chick.

>>43826427
She also seems to have a thing with Senketsu and whatnot, nobody said she can't swing both ways.

Pandora does, and she's been with me longer
>>
>>43826427
I thought Mako and Ira got together at the end of the series? Or did you butterfly that away?
>>
>>43826576
Meh.

>shesokay/10
>>
File: large.jpg (55 KB, 500x722) Image search: [Google]
large.jpg
55 KB, 500x722
>>43826635

Agreed.
>>
Revolution Jump guy here, is it cool to have perks discounted based on what location/time you roll? I need to be sure I'm not breaking some sort of taboo as I haven't seen it before.
>>
>>43826723
I think it's fine so long as the majority of discounts are still tied to backgrounds. dirge_ did something similar recently with the Blessing of the Land perk set in Dark Cloud 2, for example.
>>
>>43826723
The Elder Scrolls jumps and FFTA have free/discounted perks based off a race roll, and they didn't get any opposistion to it, the key thing to remember is if you're doing it that way you need to make all of the locations balanced.
>>
So as someone who knows no shit about Farscape barring the following haughty aliens, idiotic aliens, shit going down yo and many assholes all around (or was it idiots?).

Anyway, as an early jumper is that space setting survivable or another jumper bites the dust?
>>
>>43824314
Why would you want pie when you could have shirmp?
>>
>>43826853
TES doesn't have rolled races anymore.

Was actually phased out for everyone but Drop Ins pretty near the start and then was dropped entirely.
>>
>>43826529

Imaginos - it's named after a Blue Oyster Cult song, like a LOT of things in the series, the author is a big fan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XuJ-aFjngg
>>
>>43824950
Yep.

I'm Super enjoying the game. The actual game part of it is better than the previous mystery dungeons and it is not afraid to kick your ass if you go in expecting it to be utter mash a cakewalk like the previous titles.
>>
>>43827062
Well, the protag is a regular squishy human. So as long as you don't roll in there trying to punch and derail everything: yes.
>>
>>43827325
Okay thats good...although he is a protagonist ya know?

Space jumps always make me cranky and fearful of dying in the space....ah hell its propably fine.
>>
>>43826576
I'll probably start in on Ryūko with Satsuki's approval. I knew Satsuki is no stranger to lesbian experience. Even if it was abuse. Her and Nonon kinda have that relationship going.
>>
>>43827515
His only powers are math and an amazing sense of humor. So, like said, just don't do anything too stupid and you should be okay.

The only issue you might run into is, depending on your origin, you might not be able to speak the language. Different languages are a thing, and the various races get around that through injected nanotech translators. I haven't read the jump in a while, so I don't know how that's handled, but there's that.
>>
>>43827759
Its cool, i thought that the translator microbes were cool so i bought an item that gives you a refilling box of them for fun and games.
>>
File: THEY'RE OFF THE BOAT.jpg (91 KB, 500x345) Image search: [Google]
THEY'RE OFF THE BOAT.jpg
91 KB, 500x345
What do you guys think about voyages
>>
>>43827852
Always interested in travelling towards a nice place.
>>
>>43827852
Long voyages are appreciable, but actually reaching the destination is a wonderful thing.
>>
>>43827852
If your going on a voyage make sure you always have to make sure you have alot of fruits, dried jerky, fresh water, and means to kill boredom.
>>
>>43827882
Also condoms. You'll need lots of condoms.
>>
>>43827852
Odysseus is my Servant for a reason, friendo.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MaN3pwBsRf8
>>
>>43827852
HOLY SHIT THEY'RE OFF THE BOAT
>>
File: 3e2.png (53 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
3e2.png
53 KB, 625x626
>>43827914

>Means to kill boredom
Already covered, friend.
>>
>>43823692
No, don't. Screwing over builds this late in the game?
>>
Are there any jumps besides Pokemon, Asura's Wrath and Clone Wars that would let me get four arms?
>>
>>43823871
No the fuck they can't. You are not allowed to keep old builds here. You have to use the newest or you're a cheater. Idiot.
>>
File: CUn3kQMUAAAGrw-.png large.png (526 KB, 698x565) Image search: [Google]
CUn3kQMUAAAGrw-.png large.png
526 KB, 698x565
>>43827935
what is an island if not nature's boat?
>>
>>43828090
Well, you could end up with extra arms if you go Mutant in Elona... or end up a horrible gibbering Chaos Spawn-tier abomination.
>>
>>43823884
Your idea of 'clearer' is basically rewriting them and changing them entirely. You're spitting on everyone for no gain at all. You spiteful asshole.
>>
>>43828084
Bit late, aren't you? Most of us have already voted yay.
>>
Just a reminder: let the shit stirrer rot.

Happy Thanksgiving, /jc/.
>>
>>43827852
Voyages are good. I'm always down for new places.

>>43824322
Sounds great to me.
>>
>>43828084
>>43828097
>>43828113
Wow this is so fucking obvious as to be pathetic.
>>
>>43828084
>>43828097
>>43828113
Man, you guys are slow on the uptake tonight. We all expected you to start screaming and bitching hours ago. Is everything alright?
>>
>>43828133
But it's not Thanksgiving for another 7 hours!

Guess I should ask about how Jumpers like their turkey, though.
>>
>>43828125
>>43828139
Do you honestly think people are in this thread 24/7? I just get home and I get the horrible news that he's going to kill my build and screw people over. It's horrifying.

>>43828137
Never claimed I wasn't the same guy, you delusional fucks. I'm replying to different posts wowee.
>>
>>43828113
Implying a lot of implications there friend, or are you wilfully ignoring everyone who's in favour of his proposal? Or d'you genuinely think your opinion matters more than everyone else's?
>>
>>43823744
Seriously this post is also stupid. People aren't allowed to use old versions here. Not how it works. That's not a defense.
>>
>>43828146
Stuffed, basted etc. I don't go for complication in my poultry-based celebrations.
>>
>>43828090
If you're willing to fork over the CP and/or be edgy as fuck, you can get six arms with the Rinnegan from Naruto.

But there's probably a reason you specified just 4 arms, so maybe not what you're looking for.
>>
>>43828150
I think all of you people are being suckups for the sake of sucking up and don't realize or care that you're being fucked over, you'd rather sit there in your delusions of harmony and give him a handy because he makes jumps.
>>
>>43828149
>screw people over

Who? You're literally the only person who seems to care. I mean, you're entitled to your opinion even if it's retarded but don't speak on my behalf.
>>
>>43828090
Only one I can think of right now is Mushoku Tensei's Immortal race, which can give you up to 6 arms. If all you want are the arms though it may be too expensive.
>>
>>43828183
And I think you're a spoiled child with a victim complex and OCD who isn't going to get his way no matter how hard he whines.
>>
>>43828186
Anybody that made a build with the old version.

See >>43828183 . You people never argue objectively, it's always sucking up to the jumpmaker. Unless it's someone you hate on principle.
>>
>>43828149
So you're okay, then? Because seriously, when you didn't show up I started to worry. You can't just walk in after all this time, act like nothing weird happened, and expect me to just accept it. This is about more than just you, anon!
>>
>>43828090
Redline has a perk literally called "4 Arms"
>>
>>43824057
You posted it early on a weekday, the day before a holiday. The only replies you got were from no lifers.
>>
I'm thinking about making a Lisa the Painful jump. I'm just a bit stuck on background ideas.
>>
>>43825007
They have literal omnipotents. People gave up on fighting thse.
>>
>>43828203
I made a build with the old version

I don't really care one way or another, if the jump changes I'll update my build. If I don't have time I'll do it later, it's just a hobby. Certainly nothing worse throwing a fit about.

>you people

If you hate everyone here why don't you go to Spacebattles instead?
>>
>>43828255
I keep meaning to get around to watching an LP of that. Is it good?
>>
>>43828221
Thanks, that's actually exactly what I was looking for.
>>
File: antispiralhuman3.jpg (24 KB, 459x279) Image search: [Google]
antispiralhuman3.jpg
24 KB, 459x279
>>43828255
Uh, what's it about?

>>43828270
>literal omnipotents.

What? No, even whatsherface the trillion-year-old-goddess was unable to kill one dude and had a few things she couldn't achieve.
>>
>>43828273
If you're the kind of person who doesn't care at all about things you've invested time and thought into that's your business. Just realize that some people think differently.

And why would I go to a forum for idiot children?
>>
>>43828146
I'd say "from Toriko," but I don't think I've ever seen a Turkey in Toriko. So I'm going to say "genetically engineered for maximum flavor and texture, then cooked by being sung to." Because everything tastes better when you cook it with the Verse.
>>
>>43828090

Journey to the West gives you Sun Wukong's 72 Transformations.

You may need the Enlightenment perk with it as well, but here's a partial list of things he did with it - number 4 being the important one.

1 - He can change all of his hairs into any object, person or animal. After use, he can change them back into hair.
2 - Body Outside of Body Spell (Shen Wai Shen Fa) - amass an army in a few seconds by changing tufts of his hair into warriors.
3 - Transform one object into another object by chanting a spell and spitting blood on the object. In the case of changing an object into people, may give very simple abilities of speech and movement.
4 - Can multiply his head and hands so that he has three heads and six arms.
5 - He can change his single magic rod into thousands of them which can be used for attacking multiple enemies.
>>
>>43828342
I don't, and I am aware, but it sounds like the same could be said to you considering you're trying to claim that you're right and literally eveyrone else is wrong. I just think throwing a hissy fit when it's obvious you're outvoted is petty and irrational, that's all.

I could say something very hurtful to you in response to that second question but I won't, because it's above both our dignity.
>>
>>43828162

Yes they are. You use whatever version you want - you just don't expect others to do the same, and you don't go onto the thread and start talking about how obviously superior it is.

There are several jumps in the folder with multiple versions. Mostly for different powerlevels, but that's effectively the same thing.

Your build also doesn't need to retroactively change just because there was an update.

Your next build is "required" to use the new one, sure.
>>
>>43828298
Its not for everyone but I really liked the game.

>>43828255
Think Earthbound meets Fist of the Northstar with a dark sense of humor and a depressing plot
>>
>>43828381
If I remember right he can also grow as many limbs as he needs when using that last one. Thousands of arms to wield thousands of rods. I'm pretty sure he did that when fighting Erlang Shen.
>>
>>43823884
I just read this again
>Nuance
Your idea if nuance is to more heavily restrict the powers. That'll sure make them more 'complicated'! By restricting fucking imagination and forcing them to work in strict boundaries. That's not real depth.

>>43828412
It's simply because what he wants to do fucks over people by its nature, but all I want would fuck over no one. He's intentionally screwing over people who built for this. Leaving it alone hurts no one.

>>43828426
No they aren't. Use the latest version or you're a rotten cheating bastard. That's how it's always been. You need to have been here longer, clearly.

And if you can't talk about your builds in the thread why do you post in the thread at all?
>>
>>43828431
last part meant for >>43828322
>>
>>43828270
>>43828322
Yeah, the best you can call Ajimu is nigh-omnipotent. She's overpowered but follows the rules of the narrative and is thus bound to lose against heroes.
>>
>>43828431
Oh. Sounds creepy, I like the sound of it already. If there's not enough for multiple backgrounds consider just having one background with a discounted perk per tier of costs like Bloodborne or Shadow of the Colossus
>>
>>43828183
>>43828203
So the only objective opinion we can have is agreeing with you? Nah, step off. I know I'm going to have to update my build, and I don't care - I'd rather remake my build and have the final version than be stuck with a draft forever.
>>
>>43828449
>No they aren't. Use the latest version or you're a rotten cheating bastard. That's how it's always been. You need to have been here longer, clearly.

Hahaha. There's no such thing as cheating here.

Just be mature about it.
>>
>>43828342
>kind of person who doesn't care at all about things you've invested time and thought into
What about caring about things someone ELSE put time and thought into? Those being jumps?

Nobody cares about your build, anon.

>And why would I go to a forum for idiot children?
Hm. On one hand, you've answered your own question. On the other, it really isn't. What a conundrum.

>>43828449
>By restricting fucking imagination and forcing them to work in strict boundaries.
Shit, Annette WAS right.

>what he wants to do fucks over people by its nature
Again, nobody cares if it hurts you, anon.
>>
>>43828480
hey now, let's not forget the deep emotional scars he surely has from all the other times people have updated their jumps
>>
>>43828449
>leaving it alone hurts no one.
Except him, all the people who haven't made builds for it yet, and all the people who don't care about rebuilding or do care but would still prefer the jump. Learn basic economics, mate - it's surprisingly helpful in day-to-day life.
>>
>>43828449
Sounds more like he'll be explaining things better in the jump so you don't have to ask heaps of questions in order to get a response from him or someone who has asked the same question before. Think of all the things that have been explained in the thread that you somehow have to know, or people start throwing insults at those who didn't know about a particular ruling.

Now all of that will be in the jump itself, rather than spread through hundreds of threads.
>>
File: antiwat.png (200 KB, 469x584) Image search: [Google]
antiwat.png
200 KB, 469x584
>>43828457
The fact that whathisface the other MC was, in fact, able to harm her implies she's vulnerable to absolute effects. In fact, a lot of the overpowered fellas have JoJo-style almost-logical weaknesses based around them being too stupid/insane/obsessive/needing to prove something to actually use their powers as ruthlessly as possible, or using them in the worst way at the worst point of time for various reasons.

But hell, the whole thing is supposed to deconstruct shounen animes as a concept anyway so of course like Discworld, powerlevels default to whatever the writer thinks is funniest at any given moment.

Huh. Kinda like One Punch Man, actually.
>>
>>43824057
Does the Full Lineup's "Beyond this they have an additional 300cp to spend, but in all other aspects function as the Cape import above" mean they have that set amount of CP and can't be bought more, or that they can be bought more as described in the Cape import?
>>
>>43828485
>There's no such thing as cheating here.
You REALLY need to lurk here more.

>>43828501
It hurts more than just me. And don't pretend you 'care' about anything but sucking up to him.

>>43828550
How about no? He isn't harmed by not shitting on his own work, nor is anyone else.

>>43828552
No. He's rewriting the whole damned thing, removing powers, making them 'clearer' and 'more nuanced. This is spelled out explicitly by him if you read above.

>>43828480
Objectively, this screws over tons of builds. Objectively, not rewriting it screws over no one.
>>
>>43828698
Genuinely curious: Can I ask exactly what you're even hoping to achieve?

You have to realise by now you're arguing against literally everyone in the thread, and that you aren't convincing anyone you're right.
>>
File: 3a7.jpg (5 KB, 124x125) Image search: [Google]
3a7.jpg
5 KB, 124x125
>>43828084
>>43828449
>>43828698

It took ya long enough.
>>
>>43828770
>Literally everyone
>Tons of posters are ignoring it entirely
I'm sorry, what? Don't let your head get too fat with your delusions.
>>
>>43828698
Your in the vocal Minority here and besides no need to get so butt blasted when you can just not use the new one, it's not a divine fucking mandate that you have to use the new jump just don't expect people to agree when you are clearly in the vocal minority.
>>
I love how we get to have this song and dance every time an update rolls around, like it isn't standard procedure and there is any reason discussing whether it's 'allowed', as if any one else has any say in what someone does with their recreational creation (this applies to both the jumpmakers and jumpers)
>>
>>43828785
You're one of the worst people about this 'I hate your opinion so you're bait!' garbage. It just pisses people off and makes you look like a moron.

>>43828792
You can't just not use the new one. That's not how this fucking works. There's only one version. One viable version. You have to use it, and if something gets updated, you have to updat.e It's not viable to use old versions. This has never been accepted.
>>
>>43828786
...okay? I mean, it's not like you can prove that or I can disprove you.

But seriously-why even do this? Nobody agrees with you. At this point, you're just shouting angrily at people over the internet. There's no point.
>>
File: 0df.png (7 KB, 383x405) Image search: [Google]
0df.png
7 KB, 383x405
>>43828770
Some peeps like hammering their heads against walls hoping that the wall breaks, son.
As far as I'm able to tell, their main issue is that it's going to be a 'nerf' and limit powers, because god forbid you make vague powers that allow massive wankery slightly less so. Eh.
>>
>>43828814
Welcome to having a community instead of masturbating alone in your bed.

>>43828830
>Why express your opinions if they're not popular?
Opinions aren't just a matter of what you can say to get the widest support and how closely you can follow the crowd.
>>
>>43828698
>You REALLY need to lurk here more.

I've been here from the beginning and made several jumps.

Really, it's all a game of self insert faggotry. The rules give us a nominal framework to fag out with each other, but it's a self-centered experience - you make the decisions that work best for you, not so that it's an unsatisfyingly munchkin experience, but so that you're happy with it.
>>
>>43828864
Which jumps?
>>
>>43828819
>You can't just not use the new one. That's not how this fucking works. There's only one version. One viable version. You have to use it, and if something gets updated, you have to updat.e It's not viable to use old versions. This has never been accepted.

Who will stop me?
>>
File: considerthefollowing.png (256 KB, 599x387) Image search: [Google]
considerthefollowing.png
256 KB, 599x387
>>43828850
Alright, fair enough. As long as you realise you're never getting that thing you want people to do.

>>43828831
I thought his main gripe was about having to retcon old builds, but whatever. This conversation clearly isn't going anywhere anytime fast.

So Jumpers-in all your travels, what is the single biggest actual, physical jump you've ever performed and what was the context behind it?
>>
>>43828819
>It just pisses people off and makes you look like a moron.

Which is completely different from what you're doing, yeah?
>>
>>43828884
Everyone any time you post about your build or what you're doing with things you got from it.
>>
>>43828850
>Welcome to having a community instead of masturbating alone in your bed.
But we are just masturbating alone in our heads.
And then people like to talk about it online.
>>
>>43828819
>This has never been accepted.
Actually, it has never been disallowed.
It's always been a case of "you can use older versions if you want to, but don't go bragging about it like a cockbite"
>>
>>43828894

...No idea actually.
I don't jump a lot. Maybe if I do Cave Story? Dat moonjump.
>>
>>43828896
You're not expressing opinions. You are literally going 'lol yer bait lol salt' like a retarded monkey.

>>43828903
See >>43828897
The community itself enforces this.
>>
>>43828894
Well, there was that one time I tried to run away from myself via double-jumping.

Curse of the Cat Fist and Spring of Drowned Cat will do that to you.
>>
>>43828850
Alright, but we've heard your opinion, and the consensus remains the same. You aren't going to convince us. You're not going to convince WormAnon. So now you're just bitching for the sake of bitching. Why?
>>
>>43828920
Worm hasn't even posted. And why the fuck wouldn't a person defend their opinions under attack? Do you just roll into a ball and cry when people yell at you?
>>
>>43828920
Probably cause of the same reason I'm doing the retarded monkey act?
AKA Cause it's amusing, even if nothing can be accomplished via it.
>>
>>43828698
>Removing powers
But he isn't removing anything, and says so, if you reread his comment.

In fact, he's doubling the number of powers, and simply rephrasing some of the existing ones so that it's easier to tell exactly what you can and can't do, instead of a bad turn of phrase making people think a particular ability can do something he's later cleared up in thread as not being what was intended. This'll just consolidate the rulings made in thread into the jump itself, and make it clear enough that he shouldn't need to answer as many questions about the other powers as well.
>>
File: 4181016-ajimu_najimi_3.jpg (3 MB, 2654x2600) Image search: [Google]
4181016-ajimu_najimi_3.jpg
3 MB, 2654x2600
>>43828563
>powerlevels default to whatever the writer thinks is funniest at any given moment
>Kinda like One Punch Man

...Now that I think about it, Saitama and Ajimu actually are pretty similar in that sense. Ridiculously overpowered but with conflicts from something they stand no chance against. Also destroy most of their opponents in one page.
>>
>>43828968
He's removing things from the Changer tree. Read his comments again.

And so he's changing every other power to make them weaker and more restricted to add 'nuance' and 'make them clearer' and remove the imagination element from it entirely. That's not a good thing like you claim.
>>
>>43828968
Dude. Dude, no point. He's just admitted he's only giving an opinion in >>43828850, there's not point in trying to convince him, nobody is going to agree here.

>>43828894
Depends, does leaping from a satellite into empty space count as a prolonged jump?
>>
>>43829018
No, that post is telling you that I'm not going to not express my opinions just because you don't agree.
>>
>>43829003
He's clarifying it. Read it again. Seriously, I rolled Assimilation so it does affect me, but I trust he's just going to make it make more sense, and so that the questions I've asked are answered in the jump, rather than dozens of threads back.

There was also the anon recently asking about Quantum Evolution recently. Having those answers right in the jump would be a good thing, wouldn't it?
>>
File: Antispiralnope.png (130 KB, 392x279) Image search: [Google]
Antispiralnope.png
130 KB, 392x279
>>43829001
Eh. I'd disagree because there's two other characters who fit Saitama's narrative role better. Medaka of course is the MC who always wins by dint of HOT BLOOD and TRYING HARDER and who believes everyone who's a person can be redeemed. Ihiki of course is the other MC, and has ONE POWER, BUT IT'S THE STRONGEST GG NO SAVES as his gimmick. Not to mention their opposite moral stances.

If Ajimu and Saitama have any similarities, it's the fact that their ridiculously high pedestrals have 'em bored out of their minds. Except Ajimu eventually found an opponent she couldn't overcome and has a skillset that's more versatile than punches. Whereas Saitama is more or less at peace with life and is slowly improving his lot one punch at a time.
>>
>>43829090
No, he's 'making it clearer' and 'more nuanced' and forcing strict definitions of everything you can do with the power. No more thinking up inventive uses for you. I'm using direct quotations here.

Don't blindly trust people, either.
>>
>>43828894
>So Jumpers-in all your travels, what is the single biggest actual, physical jump you've ever performed and what was the context behind it?

Jumped to the moon in Asura's Wrath as the Shinkoku Trastrium was really ramping up, thousands of years before Augus and Asura had their fight, stealing the idea from them but getting all the credit for showboating.

Pretty fucking stupid actually. Without mantra capacitors it relied on the range of earth-bound mantra transmitters, and I'd decided that it was only just enough to reach past the Moon's orbit - the empire had no real interest in expansion into space. So I could still course correct, but the moon isn't just sitting there and waiting for you to land and missing would run a real risk of ending up like Kars.
>>
>>43829117
To be fair, you're not exactly making a good case for blindly mistrusting people either. Here we are a bunch of posts later, and you've yet to convince one person you have a point.
>>
File: 1437175776224.jpg (74 KB, 500x554) Image search: [Google]
1437175776224.jpg
74 KB, 500x554
>>43829003

There's a difference between having an imaginative power and then having Wish - Minor, I think.
I don't get what people mean about 'wrecking builds' or anything like that, at worst you have to take a drawback or something, or drop a few points in order to get approximately what you want.
A Stand can be imaginitive without being GER, for example, so...I don't know. I've been a little shit about this, true, but only cause it seems like a dumb argument in the first place.
>>
>>43829148
I'm telling you exactly what he said he was going to do. I think that's good evidence.
>>
>>43829157
If a power is changed then anything you had based on using that power or comboing it now no longer exists. You have to throw everything out. On top of if you liked the power. This is wrecking a build.

And nobody is claiming they want 'absolute wish' or whatever strawman you imply.
>>
File: BY THE POWER OF GRAYSKULL.gif (1 MB, 400x286) Image search: [Google]
BY THE POWER OF GRAYSKULL.gif
1 MB, 400x286
All I wanna know is this:

Magic or Ki/Qi/Chi? Which do you guys prefer? Which has more Perk support throughout the Chain? Which is more easily shared?
>>
>>43828698
>And don't pretend you 'care' about anything but sucking up to him.
Exactly. I don't care about anything but the jump creator. Not even the jump, but the writer. The creator is always more important than their work.

>>43829117
>he's 'making it clearer' and 'more nuanced'
Direct quotation.

>No more thinking up inventive uses for you
Lies.

>>43829180
Your writing style and abilities suck THAT badly? Ouch. Just... Ouch. My condolences, man.
>>
File: 1440799541070s.jpg (3 KB, 125x115) Image search: [Google]
1440799541070s.jpg
3 KB, 125x115
>>43829180

...Maybe I just don't get that attached to specific powers? I mean sure if someone say, nerfed KC or KD I'd be a bit disappointed, but it seems like "aw, now my chocolate with nuts doesn't have nuts in it" from the way you're putting it. I guess if you were running with that analogy it'd be more "now my hershey bar is a hershey kiss" and I'd look the dumbass, but I figure there are so many jumps and combos that subbing one or two in for one that gets changed up for Balance's sake isn't super bad.
>>
>>43829117
I'm not trusting blindly, I'm trusting based on the work he's already done.

And 'Clearer' and 'Nuanced' doesn't have to mean 'it is weaker'. Pretty sure it'll be clarifying things like, in this case; You can make the things you've assimilated, also you can absorb them again so you don't permanently have a gun sticking out of your forearm. That is something he has said you can do in thread and IRC, but isn't mentioned in the power. That isn't restricting your imaginative uses, it's making sure you know what it can actually do.

Imagine if he didn't do this update. You come up with a great idea and post it in thread. He says no, that isn't how it works. You feel like shit, he feels bad for shooting down your great idea, and nobody wins. Now, imagine the jump wasn't phrased such that you could mistake what it lets you do like that. You come up with a great idea the power can actually do. Worm says that's awesome, you feel good for making something cool, Worm feels good for making the tools to let you do something cool, and everybody wins.

Isn't that better? In my opinion, and apparently the opinion of some others here, yes. Yes it is.
>>
>>43829159
And I'm telling you you aren't convincing me that is what is actually happening, as opposed to your opinion.

Hint: This has a direct correlation with the general tone of your posts and your inability to accept other people might have different opinions from you.

That is bad advice.
>>
>>43829117
Maybe you should get more creative.
>>
>>43829215
Magic.

You can keep your weaboo bullshit.

Zap motherfucker.
>>
>>43829215
>Preference
They're all tools, anon. I don't prefer a hammer to an impact drill; I use whatever is appropriate for the job. Although Tonelico Song Science and Magic make my heart happy.

>More support
Magic.

>Which is more easily shared
Magic probably. There are a few styles of magic that you can teach anyone, but most chi stuff requires a particular genetic marker.
>>
>>43829222
>The creator is always more important than their work.
Very misguided unless you know him personally. It's very delusional to always support someone's decisions even if they're your friend, in fact.

>Lies
Strictly laying out what a power can do is going to prevent inventive uses.

Writing style has nothing to do with anything, I can only imagine you felt the need to throw that insult in there.

>>43829231
Maybe whether or not you're attached to something doesn't change whether or not it's a good idea? Hard pill to swallow?

>>43829243
He's never shit on an entire jump and rewrote all the powers before.

And he's made it pretty obvious by using Blink as his example what he thinks is 'clearer' and 'more nuanced'.

And I don't have to imagine that sitaution, because before now he hasn't tried to force strict 'nuances' but he now is.
>>
When this dude shows up with his obvious bait, why do we take it? Why do we always take the bait?
>>
>>43829215

I love Chi because I'm a big Wuxia nerd sometimes, but Magic is more supported and more flexible.
It does seem kinda unfair to compare the two though, since Ki is almost always for direct combat use(unless you're in Naruto, in which case you're a warrior wizard essentially) and magic is more abused since it's easy to say "and then a wizard did it"
>>
>>43829303
You're really insane if you think opinion you don't like is bait. It's a childish way of thinking.

>>43829243
Also, your peers aren't helping your case by actively arguing FOR nerfs in their support of your position.
>>
>>43829303
fun
>>
File: worm_fanart_by_drunkfu-d4yobln.jpg (215 KB, 1100x850) Image search: [Google]
worm_fanart_by_drunkfu-d4yobln.jpg
215 KB, 1100x850
>>43823953
>>43823692

My only real grief with the old worm jump is the limitation on the single power you can take. After reading the series I've noticed that there are a few characters here and there that have varied or multiple powers.

Even if the powers offered by the jump seem to cross multiple classifications, being able to take multiple powers or customize what you get would be nice, like switching out skitter's power with bugs to apply to a different creature or object.
>>
>>43829303
His bait is "I don't think this is a good idea and here's why" at which point he raises valid possibilities for how it could go, and then spits pointless vitriol at everyone who disagrees with him. Not how it will go, but rather than wait and see or admit it could ever go right, he gets venomous. It's a very good way to bait.
>>
>>43829285
After looking at Blink again I have to ask... And?

It's a well written power. It clearly says what you can do with it, and it's easy to think up creative uses for it. What particular power do you have, and why are you so worried about it being nerfed?

Are you... deliberately using it not in the spirit that it's intended and fully aware of that, so the fact it's going to be clearer and easier to understand means your blatant BS won't work anymore? Is that why you're fighting so hard against this? Because you know you've been doing something that wasn't intended and now you are afraid you won't be able to without being called out on it?

I'm trying to not come across as insulting you, but you're making it very hard man.
>>
>>43829215
I generally prefer chi. Don't get me wrong, magic is a lot of fun, and has a lot of uses, but there's a level of separation between you and your magic in most systems. Not always, but enough that it feels more like "something I can do." Chi, on the other hand, is more personal - not "something I can do," but "something I am.

Also, I feel like Chi is more easily taught - another aspect of Magic's separation is that it generally has some kind of "gift" aspect to it. You're born with it, you're given it by a supernatural entity, but it's not usually something anyone can do. Chi, on the other hand, is usually presented as something anyone can learn, as long as they have the dedication.

These are generalizations, of course. Dresden Files magic is something you are rather than something outside of you, while Avatar chi is a gift you're born with rather than something you can learn. But I think those rules are general enough that my point still stands.

Magic definitely has more support, though.
>>
>>43829365

IIRC the update will include some of those grab-bag power sets.

For everything else, there's Real Eater.
>>
File: 1436999590206.jpg (218 KB, 500x750) Image search: [Google]
1436999590206.jpg
218 KB, 500x750
>>43829285
>Maybe whether or not you're attached to something doesn't change whether or not it's a good idea? Hard pill to swallow?

So when I say "I'm not attached to something", It's obviously a moot point that doesn't matter. When you say "I/hypothetical jumper could possibly be attached to this", it's the hinging factor of your argument. I see.

>>43829303
True. It's pretty much moot, at this point. Sound and fury, signifying nothing and whatnot.

Gonna move on to a tangent: As you can tell, I've recently come into a lot of power during Gunnm, pretty much physical damn-near-invulnerability. I think I'd have to be torn apart atomically or erased from existence Banefire style in order to go down, at least from direct combat.
Anything I'm missing in terms of protection?
I'm hoping to go to FFTA to get immunity to stupid insta-OHKO like petrification and instant death or whatnot via Dat Ribbon...Do you have to go Angel in Evangelion to get an AT field worth a damn or? Cause I wanna try and prevent reality warping from fucking me up hardcore.
>>
>>43829369
Or maybe some people aren't nice and the reason you see valid points is because it's a valid opinion? I don't care if you hate me for freaking out, but your post in particular reeks of "I don't want to accept anyone thinks this way."

>>43829370
>And?
Do you not enjoy being able to think up varied and inventive uses for your powers?

'Clearer' and 'easier to understand' is also a callword for 'simplified' and 'stricter'. You can only do exactly what it says, nothing else. Which is, in part, missing the point of powers in Worm, where more than a few people got very creative with what they do.

>>43829365
Some people have powers that give them multiple powers. They don't have actual multiple shards.
>>
>>43829422
If you don't care either way you're not effected either way, so innately that opinion can be set aside in the argument. "I don't care." supports neither side.
>>
>>43829430
That's getting into pedant territory, and I don't think you're right about it being stricter, rather it'll be easier to see if you can actually do something with a power. To use my own for an example, can I absorb adamantium, make my hair out of it then pluck them out to make strands of flexible adamantium? I don't know, and normally I'd have to ask Worm if the hair would stay flexible, made of tiny bits of adamantium, or if it would become a solid stick of adamantium. Hopefully that sort of thing will be cleared up in the update.

I see why you're worried, but I think Worm is nicer than you give him credit for.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 56

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.