[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Exalted General /exg/ Strength of Many Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 21
File: 1446694110814.jpg (86 KB, 658x877) Image search: [Google]
1446694110814.jpg
86 KB, 658x877
>What is Exalted?
An epic high-flying role-playing game about reborn god-heroes in a world that turned on them.
Start here: http://theonyxpath.com/category/worlds/exalted/

>That sounds cool, how can I get into it?
Read the 3e core book (link below). For mechanics of the old edition, play this tutorial: http://jyenicolson.net/exalted/. It'll get you familiar with most of the mechanics.

>Gosh that was fun. How do I find a group?
Roll20 and the Game Finder General here on /tg/. With the new edition, though, chances are more games will crop up.

Resources for Third Edition
>3E Backer Core https://mega.nz/#!E1dRBBIa!ZbQG4IasYCJRli2bhgE2MOdWeFAeV3N1rqL9kAIGbNE
>Character Sheet & Init tracker: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0ByD2BL6J89Nick41YUk0RUt3YlU
>Online charsheet:
http://howsfamily.net/Exalted
>General Homebrew dumping folder: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByD2BL6J89NiQzdCWWFaY0c5Mkk&usp=sharing
>Collection of old 3e Materials, including comics and fiction anthologies https://www.mediafire.com/folder/t2arqtqtyyt28/Exalted_3Leak
>Charm Trees:
>Solar Charms: https://imgur.com/a/q6Vbc
>Martial Arts: https://imgur.com/a/mnQDe
>Evocations: https://imgur.com/a/TYKE4

Resources for 2.5 Edition:
>All books with embedded errata notes, as well as some extras: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/253ulzik1j9s5/Exalted
>Chargen software: http://anathema.github.io/
>Anathema homebrew charm files: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/pka3nz3vqbqda/Anathema_Files
>MA form weapon guide: http://www.brilliantdisaster.net/dif/ExaltedMA.html
>http://www.mediafire.com/view/ua7tanepy2jfkdp/Exalted_2nd_Ed_-_Return_of_the_Scarlet_Empress.pdf

Resources for 1e:
>https://www.mediafire.com/folder/9vp0e9id3by6m/Exalted_1e

Wisdom of Few Special Edition.

Last thread: >>43668063
>>
>>43678932
More like autism of the few amirite?
>>
Remember Holden and Morke are liars.
>>
>>43679105
You could argue they're the same thing.
>>
>>43678932
God, that last thread was bad.

Let's do better with this one. Anyone running a game?
>>
WHERE IS MY FUCKING PONY, HOLDEN?

I WANT A FUCKING PONY
>>
>>43679125
No, no I couldn't.
>>
>>43679123
So are all the rest of us, s'cool.
>>
>>43679129
Yes. Set in the West. Writing all sorts of shit for it right now: custom locations, a new sailing primer (slowly but surely) to replace the one in Savage Seas that makes me want to vomit, even if it's technically accurate.
>>
>>43679129
Related, anyone looking for players that don't hate the game?
>>
>>43679129

I would but I am still working on a homebrew system to unfuck 3e.
>>
>>43679154
Everyone lies.

http://io9.com/10-things-you-didnt-know-about-lying-1175676651
>>
>>43679167
Mine's already full, anon.

Most people here like the game tho!
>>
>>43679129
I'm STanon from the end of the last thread. It's been a good game so far. Got one Exalted noob who hasn't quite gotten it yet, but we're getting there.
>>
>>43679175
Sup notanautomaton!
>>
So, I know I'm gonna sound stupid, but how exactly does Crane Style work? Reading the Charms, it seems like you'd get killed long before you had a chance to use them. What exactly am I missing?
>>
>>43679220

Eh his is better then 3e at least. I hope mine will be better then his.
>>
File: Biwol.full.1130607.jpg (5 MB, 7191x7140) Image search: [Google]
Biwol.full.1130607.jpg
5 MB, 7191x7140
>>43679167

This guy >>43679156

I'm like 98% we're all full, but one of our players flakes from time to time and it's NaNo and he's incommunicado as he churns away at the next Great American Novel.

We're supposed to start in December.

For now, we're running RAW except for places where RAW doesn't actually explain what it's supposed to do. Nobody is even considering Craft at the moment, not even our doctor. "Fuck apothecary shit, Craft is a nightmare" to quote.
>>
>>43679129
I am!

Party is currently split to fuck, alternating between getting some allies and sorting out a small rapidly-expanding-shadowland problem that's going on in the Scav Lands.

The Zenith imprinted himself on an NPC Midnight and she's fucking obsessed with him now. Also he humiliated a god and then got himself stuck in it's sanctum. The Dawn is grave-wardening in Sijan 'cause someone's been fucking with some first age tombs and the Dawn's trying to make friends with the Morticians for reasons of Sorcery and Backstory. The Twilight is alternating between remembering that he's supposed to keep a low profile and summoning demons and finding ways to utilize catapults to advance his plans.
>>
>>43679238
Ok, stop shilling for him ironically, that's too stupid even for me.
>>
>>43679285
I'm up for it, you want skype or an email?
>>
>>43679199
Has the shopping list of Charms been much of a hurdle to your players, new or experienced?
Like if I brought Exalted (any edition) to my group I imagine they would tell me "fuck reading that hsit pick Charms for me" and probably never read the list espite there being nothing else to spend XPs on
>>
>>43679291

You mentioned him first. I just said homebrew.
>>
>Also he humiliated a god and then got himself stuck in it's sanctum
How does that even happen? The second part I mean.
>>
>>43679285
Oh, and chargen is Quadratic XP with 500 in the pool instead of BP. Characters are better-rounded this way.

>>43679305
Mind, this is only if this guy flakes and nobody else has a friend they want to bring in. We're all adults, one of us is a professional game designer (it is not me -- I write for a living but not game design), and we're tolerant only unto a point. GLBTW-friendly and certain words are off-limits. If all of that sounds OK, whip up a throwaway email and I'll send you a "hey" and keep you in mind.
>>
>>43679321
I think it's a matter of breaking them up into manageable blocks

You ask your player what they want their main shitck to be then recommend them a skill/charmset to read over.

Otherwise I would imagine it's a matter of other people going "Hey, look at this charm, it's pretty fucking awesome."
>>
>>43679129
One set up in the scavenger lands, near Ma-Ha-Suchi's place. Players got their own city state, working to keep the Realm out while more serious things happen in the background.

Pretty basic I know, but most in the group are first timers and so far its a going pretty well.
>>
>>43679321
Nah. Two didn't give a shit, the other two were excited and spent ages Charm-shopping.

The main problem is that the noob had no fucking clue what to do and I wasn't paying enough attention to tell him "don't buy 7 Linguistics Charms" so he's totally useless right now. Getting better though.
>>
>>43679378
Unless this is you, Sand. If so, I've got your email and will let you know. :3
>>
>>43679378
jolidranif(at)thrma.com is a quick throwaway.
>>
>>43679412
Nah, i'm another guy
>>
>>43679326
He's already rubbed me the wrong way with the fact that he's posted nothing tangible while sucking Aleph's dick simultaneously.

Very triggering.
>>
>>43679175
What are you planning?
>>
>>43679330

He pressured the God into letting him search it's sanctum in front of a large group of the God's worshipers.

The God let him in, then didn't let him out for six or seven hours. He only really got out 'cause the God, uh, got fucked by the plot events that the Zenith was unable to do anything about because he was stuck in the Sanctum.
>>
>>43679441
Gotta love SV circle-jerks about the pretty-pretty Forum Princess who can do no wrong, yeah.
>>
>>43679470
This just goes to prove people aren't paranoid enough.
>>
>>43679403
Well, you can fix that by putting the party in situations where he can use his Linguistics super skills or helping him develop a character arc in which he can make use of them
How would you do that? I'm afraid I don't know...

A question: is there any mechanical incentive to have more than teh starting dot in both Charisma and Manipulation?
>>
>>43679491
I just want to talk about the game there, instead of Keris and Earthscorpion masturbating each other.
>>
>>43679378
>W
What?
>>
>>43679515
If you don't want your character to be a sex god/ess but still be able to social?
>>
>>43679546
W as in whatever, I guess.
>>
>>43679491
What does SV stand for?
>>43679551
No, you misunderstood me, by both I meant putting dots in one and the other. ;Like starting with Cha 3, Man 3 as opposed to Cha 5 and Man 1.
I'm under the impression when you rol social actions you freely choose between the two.
>>
>>43679515
Already did. He's their go-to "This thing doesn't speak human languages" guy.
>>
>>43679533
TOO FUCKING BAD. That's all you'll ever fucking get!

(If you can't tell, my eyes are rolled into the back of my head.)

The worst part, to me, isn't just the self-masterbation. It's all the people lining up to yank their dicks for them, too. Alph, the little shit, gets away with flat out being an insulting bitch and gets 56+ likes, while someone trying to work shit out about the game from a newbie perspective gets a threadban.

Suuure.
>>
Whitewall should be frozen Greece.
>>
>>43679589
Sufficient Velocity. It just gets annoying how a few superposters end up dominating discussion.
>>
>>43679589
There isn't one, and because War uses Cha and not Man you probably want Cha 5 Man 1.

BUT, that's crazy minmaxing spergshit and if your GM is any good you'll find yourself needing to dissemble Every. Single. Fucking. Session for being such a cunt.
>>
>>43679589
Sufficient Velocity.

It's a splinterforum of Spacebattles that got made over some 'outrage' or something.
>>
>>43679585
Correct. It's easier than remembering that entire acronym.
>>
>>43679656
>It's a splinterforum of Spacebattles that got made over some 'outrage' or something.
That should tell you everything you need to know right there.
>>
>>43679656
One of their mods was removed and the remaining SpaceBattles mods claimed s/he quit.

But uh, I'm pretty sure the mod ended up not being a mod on SV either, so idk wtf?
>>
>>43679589
Yeah, pretty much what >>43679641 said barring a few charms scattered throughout the different trees
>>
>>43679709
Dramanets.
>>
>>43679129
I'm going to be running one, set in Great Forks(to start with, at least). I've asked for help in here a handful of times, over the past few weeks, too. I've got 4 players, one of each caste except for Eclipse.

The Dawn is a blind, one-armed travelling swordsman/loremaster. He originally wanted to say fuck the rules and have Lore as his supernal, but I've convinced him to stick with MA because he can make his own higher-essence styles and take the charms from them before hitting the requisite Essence # for the charms. He's got a starmetal reaper daiklave, that he calls Retribution, that he wanted to look as BORING AND MUNDANE as possible, so it's just a katana with a white sheathe. He's got a grudge against a Dragon-Blooded who killed most of his family and almost killed him before he got his Second Breath.

The Zenith is a member of the Great Forks Irregulars, and adopted son of General Blood Linnet(I'm changing her name because Blood isn't a good name). He's got an orichalcum daiklave with wings on it called Seraph, but he's super adamant about it not having any flight-related powers. He wanted it to be Excalibur from Fate/shit, I learned a few threads ago.

The Twilight is a doctor from a village in the Realm, whose entire village fell ill with an unknown disease, EXCEPT for him. He couldn't find a cure by himself, so he rode to the nearest city to search for answers; he wound up being caught in the "Forbidden Lore" section, reading up on bad shit, and Exalted in the resulting escape. Medicine Supernal, and Sorcerer with the elixir initiation. He's also going craft, to make medicines/poisons and alchemical bombs and shit.

The Night is a Lookshyan outlaw/gambler who was part of a criminal syndicate for a while, but he pissed off his boss and promptly killed him and his bodyguards, then stole the nearest airship to flee the city. It turned out to be an artifact, and UNKNOWN TO HIM belongs to an Exigent who's mad about her ship being stolen.
>>
>>43679619
Right Whitewall is the city with all the gods that's basically a giant prayer to the Sun? Definitely should be Greece.
>>
>>43679713
>>43679589
Manipulation would also be useful for upping your guile if you wanted you to stop read intentions from getting your intimacies from you.
>>
>>43679813
>The Zenith is a member of the Great Forks Irregulars, and adopted son of General Blood Linnet(I'm changing her name because Blood isn't a good name). He's got an orichalcum daiklave with wings on it called Seraph, but he's super adamant about it not having any flight-related powers. He wanted it to be Excalibur from Fate/shit, I learned a few threads ago.
I remember this fuck.
>>
>>43679641
Actually I'm reading the book right now and it's never explicitly called out that you can choose whatever you wihs for your roll... neither it's explicitly called out that you can't.
Chalk another one to "shit that should have been defined but slipped through". As a ST I suppose I'd rule it so that you cna choose whichever Social Attribute you want when not stunting, but if you are trying to stunt you either have to make an effort describing appropriately how you are using the Att you want or I pick for you.
Anyway Guile is always calculated with Manipulation so it's a good idea to have that one up.
>>
>>43679953
Well if Guile is Manipulation and you can also use Charisma for Command rolls then it's a pretty solid case for doing 3:3, assuming you want both Command and Guile.
>>
>>43679989
3:3:3.
Who wants to play an ugly hero?
>>
>>43680051
Not ugly, just unremarkable
>>
>>43680106
Nah, screw that. App 1 is a fugger.

Not "HOLY SHIT RUN AWAY FROM THAT FUCKING FREAK", that's the Merit or Flaw or whatever. But App 1 should definitely be a fugger. A full on kick-em-out-of-bed case.
>>
So in all honesty if you wanted to go Presence/War, would actually be better to go Manipulation/Intelligence as your main stats rather than Charisma because of the way stats split up?
>>
>>43679836
Why Greece, I'm wondering?
>>
>>43679929
I ended up giving him the defensive evocation I wrote up in that thread. He seems okay with it.
>>
>>43680142
...no, you moron. That's what the Hideous Trait is.

App 1 is plain as fuck. Nothing more, nothing less. A 2, after all, is average.
>>
>>43680212
Probably because the sun-theme white everything aesthetic just kinda jumps on people minds as a Greek-thing. It certainly fits, though given its location one could spin it with a more Celtic or some other classic Mediterranean flavor, I dunno, description is generic enough that you could work it anyway you fancy.
>>
>>43679238
I really hope you're joking because it looked like the guy's thing was the heatbreaker-iest heartbreaker of all time, with an added amount of incoherency and hostility.
>>
>>43680212
Mostly because of all the gods and god-blooded. Can't think of a better place to have stuff with a greek theme than Whitewall.
>>
>>43679813
Also, to expand on this a bit more, I'm planning to let them do whatever, with a few plot hooks ready for them to tackle if they want; First block is a summary of what they have, spoiler blocks for the truth about it.
>There's a Fair Folk noblewoman without an entourage living in a house near the eastern edge of the city. A sign out front invites anybody to come in if they want, and inside is a small cadre of mortals(mostly men).
>She's actually trying to raise an army, because she was exiled by her 'brother', and she needs soldiers if she's going to retake their palace from him. Those inside the house are mostly men who are capable of wielding a weapon and willing to fight for her, though a chunk of them are women as well. Her brother, meanwhile, has a 'palace' set up about 20 miles east of the city, with an army of mostly Fair Folk, and a small number of mortal soldiers amongst the mix.
>There's a cult worshiping a demon by the name of Ghofiren, the Brutal Beloved, within the city. Nobody outside the cult knows what they're doing, and the main reason people know they exist is because every so often they leave a naked corpse somewhere in the city with Ghofiren's name written in blood nearby.
>Ghofiren is a Second Circle Demon of Malfeas, and his whole thing is tough love by way of flagellation and torture. Right now, the cult is just worshiping an idol of him, but if they're left to their devices for a bit, they'll eventually find a way to summon him into Creation.
There's another, but it's still a work-in-progress and I don't expect my players to even glance at the relevant plot hook I put in the primer for them.
>>
>>43679929
>He wanted it to be Excalibur from Fate/shit, I learned a few threads ago.
Negaxcalibur in the house
>>
>>43680212
Well when you think of Whitewhall what comes to mind for you?
>>
>>43680854
Wonderwall
>>
>>43680854
I'm not sure. A combination of Harmandir Sahib and a more inhabitable version of Stalingrad, I suppose.
>>
So the Underworld is different now and a bunch of islands on a giant sea of black liquid. And you can make Solar workings to change the nature of death in a region.

So how long until a Solar makes Elysium in the Underworld and makes it so it does not suck to be a ghost if you are in Elysium?
>>
>>43681006
It depends on whether the Deathlords are willing to tolerate it, I suppose.
>>
What kind of working would it be to curse someone so whenever they travel, they might end up anywhere including other realms of existence with no recollection of how they got there?
>>
>>43681018

>not building an Underworld Navy and telling them to fuck off
>>
>>43681038
Forcing someone to be Odysseus?

I'm thinking Celestial level if the target is an Exalt or spirit, and Terrestrial level if the target is just some mortal.
>>
>>43681018
>Implying the Deathlords opinion on this shit matters

If you're an Exalt, then fight. If you are willing to let the thoughts of some long dead ghosts get in the way of your ambitions, then return that Exaltation to the gods.
>>
>>43681018
remove deathlord from the premises
>>
File: 1422044313133.gif (478 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1422044313133.gif
478 KB, 500x375
>hardcover 2016
>>
>>43679617

Yea sounds about right.

I use spacebattles just to spite them.
>>
>>43680290

I thought that app wssnt your direct appearance, but how you used it.
>>
>>43682719
It's a combination of both. Generally, though, people go with it being straight up beauty, because it makes no sense to have a plain jane strutting around at appearance 5 which is the PINNACLE of human capability, no matter how she uses it
>>
>>43682873
Well, you can also go from App 1 to App 5 over the course of the game...

Can we just agree that Appearance doesn't really make any sense?
>>
>>43683035

Craft (Boob Job)
>>
Man, people were buttmad last thread.
>>
So if I am doing White Reaper Style what would be a better defensive ability, dodge or resistance?
>>
daily reminder that this is what it's like when the devs get brought up
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szhs8BjgYH8
>>
>>43683519

Resistance. You've already got a decent parry in White Reaper, and you should be wearing heavy armour, so dodge is not as useful. Even if you go dodge, youd need to get Armoured Scout Invigoration as a minimum.
>>
>>43683519
Gonna be a dick here and say Melee and Resistance. Use White Reaper's Parry score and Charms when appropriate, use Ready in Eight Directions Stance and Heavenly Guardian Defense when they're not. Rock (heh) some Iron Skin Concentration and Durability of Oak Meditation to keep you up while your halos regenerate for White Reaper.
>>
>>43683109
Hush, it's dead now.
>>
>>43684038
>>43684446
And a White Reaper who doesn't use armour?
>>
>>43683109
But we had some interesting explanation as to why Warstriders would be nonviable (it wasn't that you wouldn't know how to make them, that would be easy enough, it'd be getting your hands on enough of the materials you need to make them that would be a challenge. As some of the Stuff their made of flat out doesn't exist in this version, like Yellow Jade.)

Also that one behemoth that produced aggressive, Wyld vision granting Kudzu.
>>
>>43679156
>a new sailing primer (slowly but surely) to replace the one in Savage Seas that makes me want to vomit, even if it's technically accurate.
I haven't opened Savage Seas in forever. Is the material you're working on for 1st edition, or compatible with 3rd? I'm running a game in the west soon too.

That being said, anyone got any tips for running shit in Wavecrest? I chose that location for a few reasons, one of them being the very minimal influence of the Realm (at least until the DB book drops). The sad part about that is that I'm running for new players, and I feel like the relative isolation from the Realm cheapens the setting a bit.

Also: Volcano God QCs plz.
>>
How is Soulsteel made?
Right doesn't it involve a lot of ghost torture or something like that?
>>
File: 1445545205146.png (1 MB, 1193x784) Image search: [Google]
1445545205146.png
1 MB, 1193x784
>>43686098
Soulsteel is mined in the Underworld. It's full of silently (or not-so-silently) screaming souls.
>>
>>43686259
I miss when the art in Exalted made me want to play it.
>>
>>43686355
That wistful looking at the rose is the artist's try at putting the "poet" in his "underworld warrior-poet" in his piece
Frankly, it turned out quite bad, and why would Abyssals need tobe warrior-poets anyway? Are they going the Anne Rice route?

Is it legal in this edition to hold an Intimacy not to a person but to a (large) group of people? I know it has pros and cons but the way it interacts with some Chamrs would make it a little op maybe
>>
>>43686440
>why would Abyssals need tobe warrior-poets anyway?
3e Abyssals are less murder monsters/emo kids and more wandering ronin or samurai to their Deathlord Daimyo.
>Is it legal in this edition to hold an Intimacy not to a person but to a (large) group of people?
Yes. Slaves (wants to free them), the Realm (loyalty), your Dynasty (familial responsibility), things like that are totally valid.
>>
>>43686462
>3e Abyssals are less murder monsters/emo kids and more wandering ronin or samurai to their Deathlord Daimyo.
The terms the book uses for them paints them as knight's errant, which still fits perfectly (and I always like how the most European conceptually were the things bring the death of the world.)
>>
>>43679638
Does anyone who regularly visit Sufficient Velocity know why they have spent the last umpteen pages bickering about 2E? Not even 2.5E, 2E.

Has 3E become the unspeakable over there or something?
>>
>>43686440
Eh it looks eno, but some fans do like that, so who are anons to judge. See it as a matter of taste rather than out an out badness.
>>
File: arguing.gif (8 KB, 468x200) Image search: [Google]
arguing.gif
8 KB, 468x200
>>43686570
Same reason we regularly go on heated dev hate tangents, even though they are not productive or all that relevant.

Mostly because of pic related that derails the entire thread.
>>
Have there been any decent Martial Arts for e3 written/ported?
>>
>>43686743
Don't know about decent, but there's Laughing Wounds in the homebrew folder.
>>
Any other anons have custom charms rewards from the KS? The request for submission was finally sent out, and I was wondering what ideas people have.
>>
>>43686743
I've seen Crystal Chameleon on OPP forums but I dunno how well it was made, never dabbled in mechanics myself.
>>
>>43686856
Last time I checked, it was completely OP
>>
>>43679129
Will in January.
About half of my players prefer Lunars, so I have quite a bit of work to do to make the game playable for them.
>>
>>43687224
Tell them to suck it up and play Solars in fur coats.
Scratch that, beastmen are canon, tell them to play Solar beastmen.
>>
File: 1446419690703.png (234 KB, 476x493) Image search: [Google]
1446419690703.png
234 KB, 476x493
>>43687372
This.
>>
>>43684038
>>43684446

I guess resistance it is. Not going for melee at all though as that is too much diversification as its a Twilight and has a lot of other things on the plate. I should have thought of the mobility penalty though.
>>
>>43687735

>Twilight

Consider picking up Invulnerable Skin of Bronze and Incomparable Body Arsenal.
>>
>>43687850
In 3e Twilights are not automatically sorcerers.
>>
>>43687850

Yeah sorcery is the main schtick for the character. But no Body Arsenal as the Shaping Artifact is a weapon.
>>
>>43686259
Is it just me or does this Abyssal have like... an amazing ass?
>>
>>43686098
An ore gets mined from the walls of the Labyrinth. Then a smith finds the soul(s) they want to put in the soulsteel. Then they spend a while hamming that soul into submission until it merges with the Labyrinthine ore. Then it's ready to be made into whatever the smith wanted to make it into.
>>
>>43688029
He's got one leg(the one closes to us) up, so it looks a bit bigger than it should be. Still looks p whack though.

10/10 would eat that cake
>>
>>43688029
>>43688095

And this is how Lunar Mates redeem Abyssals.
>>
>>43686440

In universe, this a byproduct of the inevitability of death. The Neverborns are patient. They know they will win, eventually. They know every little death is one step closer to Oblivion. They aren't the Yozi, who want to be freed yesterday if they had any say to this. They can afford to be slow, ineluctable.

Out universe, it's because MURDER KILL MAIM BURN is boring after the first time, and kind of an Infernal thing now. I welcome this change, I prefer emo kids to insane socopathic murdermachines.
>>
>>43688156
>The Neverborns are patient. They know they will win, eventually. They know every little death is one step closer to Oblivion. They aren't the Yozi, who want to be freed yesterday if they had any say to this. They can afford to be slow, ineluctable.
so I take it they are no longer feeling the infinite pain of dying forever?
>>
>>43688197
Perhaps they have simply learned to tune it out.
>>
>>43688440
or they just turn it into the ringtones for their skelephones
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QeidYPV0Zog
>>
>>43682456
Wither post pics or link or shut up.
>>
>>43688156
>>43688197
>>43688440
Are the Neverborn going to have their own personalities and whatnot this time around, even if the Deathlords are still the ones running the show?
>>
>>43686856
Guy making that seems to be picking and choosing what criticism to pay attention to.
>>
>>43688118
Would not surprise me if that was true.
>>
>>43678932
So im putting together a Twilight sorcerer with a thing for punching people on the side and ive mostly finished but am needing some suggestions on what sorceries to pick up and which to take as a control spell. Im thinking maybe Wood Dragons Claw to mess around with evocations, either that or Obsidian Butterlys or the Brilliant Raptor.

Ive also mostly settled on Soul-Perfecting Elixir as well but would appreciate anyones take on the pros and cons of the different shaping rituals.

Finally, dip into Martial Arts worth it for a Sorcer? Yay or nay?
>>
Is ghost-blooded the lamest half-thing you can be?
>>
http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/main-category/exalted/767789-exalted-blackjack-and-hookers-edition

So this guy's response to critics so far seems to be to just pretend that his system is better than it it, they just haven't seen it properly yet.
>>
>>43689484
well, half-lunar is basically just being a beastman, I'd say that's worse

>>43689565
>So this guy's response to critics so far seems to be to just pretend that his system is better than it it, they just haven't seen it properly yet.
so exactly like the real devs? Wow, he's pretty good at this dev stuff.
>>
>>43688156
They're not patient. They're insane and dead. Patience is you anthropomorphising them
>>
>>43689464
4 points is pretty steep for a beginning character just to make a dip into a few martial arts charms

if you need to punch people, a couple brawl charms will do you well enough i think, just back it up with Invulnerable Skin of Bronze so you dont get smooshed by something in your own weight class
>>
>>43689573
Well, he's got the personality down. Unfortunately the devs are a lot better at game design.
>>
>>43689587
>insane and dead
>mutually exclusive from patient
>>
>>43678932
I only come to this thread for the pictures of women with large tits. Thank you.
>>
>>43686570
Because they're fucking idiots
>>
>>43689464
No love for the Ifrits? Come on dude, sell them your soul for power!

Wood Dragons Claw is alright as a control spell if you dont wanna invest in an artifact but with the way Evocations work you'll need either a helpful storyteller or have to deal with the existing evocations reworked for the claw. Mist of Eventide looks like a fun one though, mind control sleeping people to do your bidding!
>>
>>43689738
whats wrong with SV? seems pretty average and about as good/bad as any other forum
>>
>>43689706
Those are Essence storage tanks, not tits!

>>43689484
Depends on what ghost sired you. Remember, Deathlords are ghosts too, technically. It just takes a lot lot of time for them to become powerful.
>>
>>43689464

>Control Spell

There's always the old standby of Mists of Eventide. Other than that WDC is a decent all rounder for fighting, and can be used with Brawl, Tiger Style and Ebon Shadow. For the latter two you'll also want Athletics and Stealth respectively. DoOB is decent, if a bit slow. It's undodgeable but decisive, so you'll need a way to build initiative. FotBR is similar.

>Shaping ritual

There are no real pros and cons, take whatever one you feel is best.

>Finally, dip into Martial Arts worth it for a Sorcer? Yay or nay?

I already mentioned two styles above, but chances are that you'll be spending most of your SXP on Workings, plus the fact that you'll want something like dodge or resistance for defence, and either Athletics or Stealth for synergy.
>>
>>43689758
>No love for the Ifrits? Come on dude, sell them your soul for power!
You're thinking of Mara. To get Sorcery from an Ifrit lord you have to pass a series of vaguely-defined "tests of righteousness".
>>
>>43689636
Yeah, 4 points plus needing to invest into Martial Arts and then buy the Charms from the particular style, seemed like Id be splitting myself between two specialities and mastering neither. I will consider taking that spell but i dont think ill use it as a control.

>>43689758
No thank you, rather not have my Twilight be a pyromaniac, played that character in a Werewolf game already. The evocation problem is one of the reasons i didnt just decide on Wood Dragons Claw, yes.

Mists of the Eventide does look interesting, but needing to sleep in the mists worries me to much for a control spell.
>>
>>43689773
Deathlords probably can't have kids however.
That and I've never seen an interesting or powerful ghost.
>>
>>43689773
That reminds me that there was a paragraph in Glories of the First Age about how the power of Exaltation makes your muscles more defined, your skin more uniform and your tits firmer and rounder
>>
>>43689784
Workings do look awesome if done right, so I'll consider that.
But atleast at character creation would picking up, say Tiger Style to work with WDC, up to a certain level and just leave it after that be worth it?

I was thinking if I did take a Martial Art I would grab the first two charms and the form and leave it at that.
>>
>>43689920

I want to say that that's not true but that's exactly the kind of thing you'd find in Exalted.

>>43690004

It'd be worth mastering the style. Sure it's 11 charms, but it's only 3-4 charms available per dot of Essence.
>>
>>43690004
One of the interesting things with WDC is it lets you use Tiger, Black Claw and Ebon Shadow together. How useful that is is a different question.
>>
>>43689867
We will see, devs have plenty of time before they get to Abyssals, Liminals and the Underworld books. They've always said that making Underworld interesting is one of their goals so I guess they will at least try.
>>
>>43689150
Well I'm not going to respond to criticism that I know is wrong. I posted it to get useful feedback, not to argue with people about whether it's balanced or not.
>>
>>43690140
It isnt balanced though.
Youve been told this, several times, with points on WHY.
If you just wanted to show off a system you had created and didnt really care about other peoples feedback then be honest, dont pretend its OTHER peoples fault when the point out that your system is unbalanced.
>>
>>43690140
Heavens no, I imagine you'd get tired of being wrong pretty quickly.
>>
>>43690079
>combine Tiger, Black Claw and Ebon Shadow
yeah not happening with this character as weird as that would be

>>43690042
ill consider that then, i dont plan on getting an artifact and hes a recluse so no allies/contacts/backers or anything so i guess i can soak the 4 points in merit, seems a bit of an investment though
>>
>>43690079

Someone broke down the synergies of various MA styles in an earlier thread. Apparently Ebon Shadow and Tiger go together really fucking well if you have the right stat investment. Black Claw shares a form weapon, sure, but it's playing an altogether different game.
>>
>>43690181
I think you're confusing me with the guy who's making his own Exalted system.
>>
>>43690218

Like I said, it's only three to four charms per dot of Essence, but if you feel that you'd be better of spending those four dots on something else, then go for it. I don't know what you character is, let alone what you want from it. Besides you probably can't hide behind the Dawn forever, but you can if you should.
>>
>>43690246
my mistake, having not read your homebrew myself i apologize
>>
Guys I need help with coming up with a Shaping Ritual. My character is heavily into Mathematics and what could be considered Occult science so I am looking for a ritual where she perceives the Truths of the Universe and can make them work to her will. I just don't know what to do for the actual mote adding ritual. Merits are not a big deal as I feel if I come up with something interesting I can make them later but they are not really required.

If I can't come up with anything I may just fall back to the bookworm shaping ritual where you research and go with that. But then with my Celestial Shaping ritual I may be back to square one.
>>
>>43690320
>Occult science
That's prety redundant, son.
>>
>>43689565
He posted this on RPG.net too.
>>
>>43690284
well i appreciate the input either way

so far ive built him to be primarilly a sorcerer who happens to also be a fairly nimble unnarmed fighter, although he's also meant to be a writer and philosopher but dealing with that side of the character has been easier

might change it a bit to be tankier and less dodgy but not sure yet
>>
>>43690342

Eh there is a difference between medicine hunt occult and magical library occult.
>>
>>43689773
>Those are Essence storage tanks, not tits!

Where do men store their Essence? Their nuts?

Please say nuts, gotta love a heavy pair.
>>
>>43690342

i think he means the faux-steampunk science fiction nazi magic stuff you'd see in pulp
>>
>>43690320
How about basing it on perceiving the Cosmos for the principles on which it truly runs?

Take a combat action to pause and observe your surrounds, perceiving the patterns and undelying principles of the world arround you. Understand, accepting and realizing your influence upon them. You make a (Perception + Occult) Roll and gain a mote for each success. The motes then last for the duration of the scene.

Something like that?
>>
>>43690424
Nah, their pecs.
>>
It's really gratifying to see that everywhere else is as bad at homebrew as /tg/

http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/main-category/exalted/767343-spirit-sword-conversion-to-3e
>>
>>43690503

Hmm seems a bit strong compared to some. But Shaping Rituals seem to go all over the place when it comes to balance. Some last a story while others last a scene.
>>
>>43690528

Its a good thing this edition does not require you to homebrew.

Oh. Wait.
>>
>>43690424
In Exalted, you can become a Sorcerer by storing up enough Essence through chastity until the age of 30.
>>
>>43690547
some people are going to suck at homebrew, that's not a fault of the system.
>>
>>43690591
.....so wizardry through viginity
where have i heard that before?
>>
>>43690591
Actually... Something like Soul-Perfecting Elixir but themed about purity and innocence? But I guess it would work better as some kind of Exigent, Raksha, weird mortal or whatever. You don't get that many non-malevolent, peaceful spells.
>>
>>43690696
That is exactly what I'm referencing.
>>
>http://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?768985-Exalted-Why-is-Everyone-Praising-3e&p=19567267#post19567267

Ahahahah. I hate humanity.
>>
File: 1446852244592.png (637 KB, 900x600) Image search: [Google]
1446852244592.png
637 KB, 900x600
>>43685632
Compatible with 3e, but there's so much to cover and so many additional naval combat strategems and including everyone in the group in the whole range of sea-based activities. Because, I'm sorry, 30 minutes of two people rolling to close distance to enter naval combat is fucking boring, no matter how good they are at describing the action. Then naval combat takes 30-45 minutes. Total snorefest for everyone else.

>>43685632
>That being said, anyone got any tips for running shit in Wavecrest?
Not really, no. I'm writing my own archipelago so that I don't have to worry about pre-conceived notions of how things are.

>I feel like the relative isolation from the Realm cheapens the setting a bit
Just because it's relatively isolated doesn't mean the Realm isn't active there. A couple of Realm DBs plus their retinues could easily generate a half dozen sessions of adventure as the circle tries to unravel what they're up to.

>>43686440
Because this is Holden and Morke improving the game. You can almost see the air quotes around improving.

>>43686570
>know why they have spent the last umpteen pages bickering about 2E?
You don't know what you've got 'til it's gone~

>>43686743
>Have there been any decent Martial Arts for e3 written/ported?
Why would there be? Martial Arts is a mathematically inferior choice to Solar Brawl unless you're aiming directly for the style's pigeonhole.

>>43687224
>About half of my players prefer Lunars, so I have quite a bit of work to do to make the game playable for them.
Condolences.

>>43689573
>so exactly like the real devs? Wow, he's pretty good at this dev stuff.
kek

>>43689643
>Unfortunately the devs are a lot better at game design.
Eh...debatable. See Holden's posts on the subject.

>>43690528
>It's really gratifying to see that everywhere else is as bad at homebrew as /tg/
>>43690547
>Its a good thing this edition does not require you to homebrew.
>>
>>43690808
>Eh...debatable. See Holden's posts on the subject.
Why? The proof of how good a chef is isn't what he says, it's how the meal tastes.
>>
File: 1445714003657.jpg (293 KB, 1060x1500) Image search: [Google]
1445714003657.jpg
293 KB, 1060x1500
>>43690871
>Why? The proof of how good a chef is isn't what he says, it's how the meal tastes.
Aside from Holden acknowledging Morke did most of the work?

Aside from the fact that the best reviews so far are "it could be better"?

I mean, you know the refrain right now.
>>
>>43690951
>Aside from the fact that the best reviews so far are "it could be better"?
I don't think I've ever played or heard of a game that couldn't be better.
>>
>>43690973
I can think of dozens of games that can boast better reviews than "it could be better."
>>
>>43690973
>has never played checkers
>>
>>43690808
>You don't know what you've got 'til it's gone~

Nah sorry mate, as much as Ex3 can be crap I'd take it a thousand times over Ex2
Then again when I played Ex2 I was a wide-eyed youngster, less sytem-savvy and less prone to having my morale tanked by the infinite echo chamber that is the internet, so I can say I enjoyed Ex2 a lot more than I will ever enjoy Ex3...
>>
>>43691011
I wasn't even going to go there.

But yes. Chess. Checkmate, I suppose.
>>
>>43690808
>Compatible with 3e, but there's so much to cover and so many additional naval combat strategems and including everyone in the group in the whole range of sea-based activities. Because, I'm sorry, 30 minutes of two people rolling to close distance to enter naval combat is fucking boring, no matter how good they are at describing the action. Then naval combat takes 30-45 minutes. Total snorefest for everyone else.
So far, my plan is to have the non-captain players resolve conflicts onboard the vessel that stem from the combat itself, possibly adding some manner of bonus or penalty to the captain based on their actions. You bring up an interesting point about waiting for maneuvering though. That wait before an actual engagement will probably be a motherfucker. I'll figure something out.

>Not really, no. I'm writing my own archipelago so that I don't have to worry about pre-conceived notions of how things are.
Well crap. Thanks anyway, fair Anon.

>You don't know what you've got 'til it's gone~
THEY PAVED PARADISE, AND PUT UP A PARKING LOT.
>>
>>43689643
>Unfortunately the devs are a lot better at game design.
Dude remember that "the devs" aren't some messengers from RPG Heaven. They aren't even trianed professionals since no one trains to write RPGs.
These devs in particular are just people who used to post on the forum and write errata for free, got immensely popular due to that and then got hired. Their early homebrew was somewhat questionable too.
This is to say that everyone with a bit of mechanical insight and a talent for being well-liked could start posting homebrew on the OPP forum and be a future writer for hte line; it's already happened. And the devs' (any RPG devs') work isn't inherently better than any other's just by virtue of them being devs.
>>
>>43690808
>Martial Arts is a mathematically inferior choice to Solar Brawl
Which is a valid point... if you care about that. Sometimes you just want to play a guy who punches his foes without going ATATATATATA and suplexing T-Rexes.
>>
I just realized that they cut out the resource cost of things. While this does not really effect people who played Exalted before and have a good grasp of economics in Creation for brand new players this seems like a bad move.
>>
>>43690951
>Holden acknowledging Morke did most of the work
Too busy doing a stellar job at PR for writing, I suppose
>>
>>43679129
I am running a game in the west. It's 2.5e but i've integrated Sorcery from 3E and my players are rather enjoying it. I've got 2 sorcerers in the group so it was well recieved. I've also got a necromancer in their group so i'm working on a similar effect to Control spells for her as well.

It's a game of Pirates, there's a few different people within the group, but it's a Solar Zenith captain who is looking to build a full on pirate fleet and eventually take over all of Coral, her homeland. That should be interesting to see. The Lunar sorceress is looking for adventure. We recently had a new member join the group, he's playing a fiend caste infernal and seems to have plans for the future of this crew.

They've just met a creature who has passed on information about Luthe and that has the captain rather excited. I'm also tossing in a homebrew city state around the neck that they're going to probably end up visiting for their trade and such. Possibly taking over some other area of the island for their own. It has a few tribes in the south as well as some other towns elsewhere on the island. The Queen of said city has a few powerful people in her court, though she's unaware of how powerful one is, and completely unaware that another is anything more powerful than a mortal.

All in all it should be good times. I plan to toss out a few more hooks. We'll see which ones stick.
>>
File: 1446493261490.jpg (145 KB, 618x871) Image search: [Google]
1446493261490.jpg
145 KB, 618x871
>>43691122
>So far, my plan is to have the non-captain players resolve conflicts onboard the vessel that stem from the combat itself, possibly adding some manner of bonus or penalty to the captain based on their actions. You bring up an interesting point about waiting for maneuvering though. That wait before an actual engagement will probably be a motherfucker. I'll figure something out.
We've already looked at it. Fundamentally, they're similar issues that just have to be tackled a little bit differently from a narrative stand point.

Essentially, everyone aboard can take on tasks that ship's officers would normally direct, like changing sail plans, repairing damage, pulling splinters, etc. Success against the difficulty provides a single automatic success to the captain on their next maneuver roll. If they manage a level 2 or level 3 stunt while doing it, they grant an additional success (i.e. 2).

You have to add "assumed" successes for NPC vessels based on the quality of their crew (i.e. for elite drill you would add 4 successes, and for regular drill you would add 2 successes).

While closing the tasks differ a bit from what they do during combat, which is why I have to write the primer to, essentially, provide examples so they can stunt better.

>>43691147
>Which is a valid point... if you care about that
Most people do. Witness the BP/XP debacle.

>>43691160
>Too busy doing a stellar job at PR for writing, I suppose
kek
>>
>>43690993
Well, sure. Ex3 is one of them, and claiming otherwise is just a blatant lie. There are plenty of people who like the game. There are also people who dislike the game, and people who like the game but are annoyed by some of its flaws, but "it could be better" sure as hell isn't the most enthusiastic opinion anyone's voiced on it.
>>
>>43688029
DO HE GOT A BOOTY THO...?
HE DOOOOOOOOOOOO
>>
File: 1445721142069.jpg (552 KB, 839x1000) Image search: [Google]
1445721142069.jpg
552 KB, 839x1000
>>43691394
>claiming otherwise is just a blatant lie.
I haven't seen a review yet that doesn't come with a "but" from anyone I can verify is not working for OPP.

The word from most trusted reviewers is "probably pass unless there's significant improvements in the final version." That is something that wasn't even said about D&D 4e.
>>
>>43691140
I'm not sure what post this is responding to, you seem to be refuting a point nobody made.
>>
>>43691496
>I haven't seen a review yet that doesn't come with a "but" from anyone I can verify is not working for OPP.
So everyone you agree with is a normal person, but everyone you don't is a shill?
>>
>>43691655
That guy I was replying to either made one of two points: either than generally devs will be better at RPG writing than whoever in the public could come up with some fresh idea, or that these devs, Holden and Morke, in particular are.
Wrong on both counts.
>>
>>43691686
>So everyone you agree with is a normal person, but everyone you don't is a shill?
On an anonymous imageboard, we're all shills.

I just can't recall seeing a substantive review that did not come with a big old "but" attached.

The game is playable but flawed. Claiming otherwise actually is a blatant lie.
>>
>>43691496
Could you please link me to some of these lukewarm reviews recommending me to pass?
>>
>>43691716
>The game is playable
This is the first of many lies.
>>
>>43691714
Or the actual intent of the post: That Ex3 is a lot better than this one guy's homebrew shit.
>>
>>43685126

I still don't get why people get mad about that. 3e has just been made. It's not going to compare to 2e bookline yet. We might get additional stuff to make it better/worse overtime. I know the developers have went "There will be no more solar charms for solars." But I believe that as much as I believed pathfinder's first statement about class expansion.
>>
>>43691870
Okay, the game is less unplayable than 2e?

I mean, you get what you get. But you can get a refund, too, if you want that.
>>
>>43691871
Oh, okay, if you meant that specifically then yeah, I might have read you wrong. Sorry.

>>43691898
Yeah, I can get a (partial) refund. I would like more to get other things, including: devs admitting and then trying to fix the flaws we're pointing out, the book living up to this 2 years long hype, this game I love getting an edition that is finally playable with relatively little hassle
Think I will get that?
>>
>>43691716
>The game is playable but flawed.
Again, this is true for literally every game ever. Every actually honest and substantive review has a 'but' or a few attached. Substantive reviews are also not the only way to express opinions. Not everyone is going to be enough of an attention whore to post a full review of the game on a forum somewhere - thoughts expressed in single post also tell of people's feelings on the game, and ignoring these posts to claim that the game's reception has been unanimously lackluster is just dishonest. Finally, if there are actual, 'real', professional reviewers shitting on Ex3 somewhere, that's news to me. Every review I've seen has been by a fan, no different from and no more of a 'trusted reviewer' than any other RPG nerd.
>>
>>43691989
>Again, this is true for literally every game ever.
You were already proven wrong with this sort of broad generalization. Would you please stop?
>>
>>43692038
Sorry, it was proven that there are games with no flaws? Where?
>>
>>43689771

I find they're more toxic than 4chan of all places.

Secondly of all, it has the problem where two people in megathreads are being treated more akin to living gods
>>
>>43690645

This is probably my biggest concern of 3e Exigents, and was proven by 2.Xe Devil Tigers. Most people really don't know how to properly do homebrew.

I mean shit, I've seen people mess up Fate Core homebrew with stunts/powers.
>>
>>43687224

Only two things stopping me from doing Lunars like I did Alchemicals:

1) I'd basically need to completely gut and remake all of their charms from scratch.

2) They'll be out the book after Exigents I bet.

Not only that, the fanbase for them is fucking split. Do they want tricksters like the Witches charmset? Do they want rip and tear hulkbeasts that rival Solars in power? Do they want Thousand Streams, Barbarian, Alex Mercer, or something else entirely?

It's funny that Luna is the Incarnae of many faces, because that's what I feel Lunar fans are at the current moment.

Oh well, at least some things like Twin-Faced Hero are universal (even though I kinda thing something as trival as gender swapping yourself should be free if you're a master shapeshifter)
>>
>>43692268
>Oh well, at least some things like Twin-Faced Hero are universal (even though I kinda thing something as trival as gender swapping yourself should be free if you're a master shapeshifter)
I don't think it should be free, but it isn't worth an entire Charm, Combining it with...Changing Plumage Mastery is the Knack I'm thinking, I guess, for a Charm that lets you modify your forms somewhat, and maybe lets you disguise yourself in an instant ignoring some of the usual penalties, might be a decent way to go about it.
>>
>>43692268
They should be all of those things but only able to be one at a time. Solars can be awesome in several things and do them at once, but are limited to what they actually specialize in. Lunars should be able to shift into damn near anything but be limited to only being capable of one thing at a time, become that Raging Hulkbeast but you sure as hell wont be winning any friends or planning ahead any.
>>
>>43692360

Yeah. Let them change castes once a month or something along with the moon.
>>
>>43691977

The hype depends entirely on whom you ask.

For me it mostly did. A combat system worth a fucking damn now, Social Influence being both fair and easy to defend with, Sorcery being not a waste of space, and more charms (I'm the person who likes more, not less).

I can understand being mad about the art, Craft, and lack of Bureaucracy, but to me it doesn't matter as much as the very core of the system.

If you want a refund that's fine. But my question is what were you expecting exactly from this? One of my friends was deluded to the point where he was thinking there would be less crunch and vastly less charms than the 2e core, but one doesn't pick up an Exalted game of any edition and expecting a rules light game, so it must be something else.
>>
>>43692448
maybe make casteless an actually viable option somehow with that?
>>
>>43692481
I just want moonsilver tattoos to stop being required on any Lunar who doesn't want to explode into barbed tentaclecocks within a year.
>>
>>43692481
>>43692448
>>43692360
I like everything about this.

Maybe the Lunar has a totally different personality in each of their forms, kinda like the Ebers from Traveller.
>>
>>43692499
yeah, that too. I'd have much higher hopes if there was a signature without tattoos or something.
>>
>>43692499
you DONT want barbed tentaclecocks? the fuck is wrong with you?
>>
>>43692335

Yea that's probably a better way of going about it. 11 XP for that knack wasn't even remotely worth it when Alchemicals could do it for 6.

>>43692360

Being adaptive is probably the one thing I can say everyone wants Lunars to be. I can find someone who'd disagree with your stance on Lunars and will fight you to the death to defend it, and that's the thing I meant about split personalities.

For fluff I don't even mind the barbarian angle nor the Thousand Streams from 2e. Lunars in 2e had different sects, just make Thousand Streams one of them and call it a day.
>>
>>43691214
>Most people do. Witness the BP/XP debacle.
That's different. You can get behind by "losing" the chargen minigame (altough it's not that big of a problem for me) and that's a fact. But by picking MA you are chosing a different style than Brawl's I'LL MURDER YOU IN 100000 PUNCHES AND THEN THROW YOUR CORPSE SO HARD IT WILL DESTROY THE BUILDING. For example, Black Claw is way better for a character who is also Socialite, Tiger and Ebon Shadow incorporate Stealth etc.
>>
>>43692565
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KlSuGNt8e4
What Exalted Thing best fits the Warboys?
>>
>>43692651
Stupid ass mortals who get killed by the droves when the exalted show up?
>>
>>43692565
Look, man, if I get barbed tentacocks I want that to be MY decision, not because I didn't get some glowy tattoos from the Silver Pact. You and I both know that's just how they bounce radio signals into your brain. Moonsilver can't melt fae beams.
>>
>>43692776
Not this bloody 'Siddereal conspiracy' bullshit again. There isnt some cabal of mystical exalted controlling the fucking fate of the world dumbass and even if they were they wouldnt be interested in bouncing any radio signals off your thick ass skull.
>>
I had a silly idea for a Alchemical Charm, it simply provides some sort of buff to Presence.
It's a pair of Deely Boppers
>>
>>43693106
I will Hurt you!
>>
>>43692111
So... exalts rp then?
>>
File: 1446426190088.jpg (267 KB, 636x900) Image search: [Google]
1446426190088.jpg
267 KB, 636x900
>>43693106
>Not light up sketchers
>>
File: Your waifu a shit.gif (3 MB, 345x262) Image search: [Google]
Your waifu a shit.gif
3 MB, 345x262
>>43693154
I'm sorry! What did I do wrong!?
>mfw
>>
>>43693199
that could also work. Basically there should be an array of passive Social Charms that turn them into Las Vegas light-shows.
>>
>>43693208
Man, she cries nice. Puts a smile on my face.
>>
>>43693199
I will Hurt you more!
Stop making Alchemicals more of a joke than they already are dammit!
>>
So am I crazy in thinking that the Heart-Eclipsing Shroud bit of of the socialize tree has the potential to be one of the most powerful charm sets in the game?
>>
>>43693535
In all seriousness, who else thinks Alchemicals would be vastly improved by being their own gameline? They're already so divorced from Creation and Exalted to the point where they're automatically the last splat of any edition. Why should Alchemicals be tethered to expectations of Exalted, system-wise or release-wise?
>>
>>43692776

>he does not have Alchemicals in his games

kekikus maximus
>>
>>43693775

There's big payoff, but it takes five million yonks to get there, same as Exgesis.
>>
>>43692170
How can you learn how to properly do homebrew?
>>
>>43693874
Play the game, think about how various things work together, ask other people for opinions and advice.
>>
>>43692170
The beauty of homebrew, though, is that it doesn't have to be agreeable to anyone but your group, because ultimately RPGs are something you do with 2-5 other people or so. Your target audience is so small that it's feasible to all sit at a table and discuss together what works, what doesn't, what's fun and what's unnecessary.

Unless you are one of those OPP poster types who do a shit-ton of homebrew, publishing it to get shoulder pats from the forum, not even playing the game.
>>
>>43694246

Pretty much this. All homebrew we use at the table comes with the caveat that it may be nerfed if it turns out to be unbalanced.

Because we don't need to publish it, it's fine to make ad-hoc adjustments as we go.
>>
>>43693905

This.

I'm trying to avoid being a pretentious asshole. Hell I admit that my stuff isn't at a level where angels sing chorus, but I still try my best.

Hell, the first stuff I wrote for 2e was fucking god awful. It all started with me looking at some artifact, thinking I could do better, then rolled with it.

Some hard and fast rules I did learn was from the following. Hell, a lot comes from Jenna's guidelines in 2e when she wrote the core:

1) Establish base effects, gut charms piece by piece (EX: Excellent Strike has two components, rerolling 1s in attack roll and +1 success), you could say each one of these is 1m (rerolling) and the autosux (2m).

2) 1m is the lowest cost you can pay for an effect. 4 motes is about 1 WP, so if a charm you think costs about 9m, you can lower it by making it 5m 1WP. Willpower is often for rare, powerful effects or scene-longs. Likewise each HL is about 4-5m of power.

3) 1i = 1m. Usually initiative costed charms work best when you want to give a fairly big advantage situationally (EX: Single Point's parry charm is painful if used against multiattackers) or you don't want someone to use the charm in initiative crash.

4) When wanting to translate an effect from one series to Exalted, know that a perfect translation is not always possible. Capture the theme of the power, not the exact mechanics in the other world.

5) The above four are fast and loose rules. Not ironclad, but guidelines.

6) Decide what you want the charm to do. "I want to be able to be able to perform feats of strength in a really short span of time" is a valid idea as it has a solid goal. "I want to stab people better" really is not as there are limitless ways to approach it.

7) If your Devil Tiger charms turns you into a Protoss Carrier from Starcraft, please turn off the word processor and rethink your choices from the ground up.
>>
>>43687372
No.
I get paid to run games and I will not sully my dignity or reputation by failing to provide what I am hired for.
>>
>>43694436
>"I get paid to run games"
Jesus Christ. I'm unemployed and I still have more of a real job than you.

You're living the fucking dream, you son of a bitch
>>
>>43692268
Personally I see Lunar theme as easy, if a bit more caste dependent than Solars.

Everyone gets shape changing, animal influence and survivalist powers.

Full Moon powers are rip and tear hulkbeasts. They are able to tap rage in themsleves and others, mostly themselves.

Changing Moon powers are illusions and general emotional dickery. Generally causing others to lose control of their passions... When it's not helpful.

No Moon powers are about finding hidden truths. Laying bare secret patterns and conspiracies. Also fear. Fear of the pitch black night. Fear of the things hidden in it.

Of course there is some overlap, but the stat break down clearly demonstrates themes.
>>
>>43694535
I supplement the income with on call animal husbandry at the local Aquarium. I could turn it into a full time job if I needed, but I am lazy now that I'm etsed.

I do invest quite a bit in my games. There is ambient music, my house is actually pretty nice and Sometimes we have large socials where the different gaming groups meet each other and have dinner, ect.

I also sell home brewed ginger ale and maple "beer" if finances are tight.
>>
>>43694693
...Are you a PC? Because that sounds like a PC.
>>
>>43688964
Likely not, as it doesn't (and never did really) make sense for the Neverborn to have that degree of conscious agency. What with their state as dying, dreaming and insane at the bottom of the Underworld, like a wound leaking miasma and perverting whispers through the Labyrinth.

Also the whole 3e thing of de-emphasizing the Neverborn and the Yozi as discrete, front row actors.

>>43690528
Needing elaboration on Unseen Swordsman aside, I don't see a problem. Like, it looks okay?

>>43686743
Aside from Crystal Chameleon, there was an attempt at Arms Of The Unconquered Sun in the OPP forums.
>>
>>43686743

I wrote Live Wire Style and Thousand Wounds Gear in the Alchemical document.
>>
>>43686743

A few attempts to port some various SMA styles.
>>
Stat us, /exg/. Any edition, please specify which.

One must be the other's consort.
>>
>>43695215
Nah, he's missing having it all destroyed by an army of marauding orcs.
>>
>>43679129
What happened last thread?
>>
>>43695802
Tempting, very tempting, def full moon and dawn if we're going like that.
>>
>>43695802

>Shit taste
>>>/g/
>>>/e/
>>>/t/
>>>/out/
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 21

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.