[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/swg/ Star Wars General- No lowballers, I know what I got
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 66
File: Xwing-1.jpg (610 KB, 1800x1000) Image search: [Google]
Xwing-1.jpg
610 KB, 1800x1000
5000c, good do'er upper.

Post about X-Wing, Armada, FFG's Star Wars RPGs (Edge of the Empire, Age of Rebellion and Force and Destiny), d6, d20 (Saga), movies, shows, books, comics, vidya, lego, lore, space liquor and transparisteel appendages.

Previous Thread: >>>>43566947

Fantasy Flight Games’ X-Wing and Star Wars: Armada Miniatures Games
>http://pastebin.com/Wca6HvBB

Fantasy Flight Games’ Star Wars RPG System (EotE/AoR/FaD)
>http://pastebin.com/v77AhEFV
>https://mega.nz/#!DkNTDTyZ!PUupCOep4RmRcsgI3rNhU_Pk_xcyFbYWnhrq8gwrVv0

Other Fantasy Flight Games Star Wars Tabletop (Imperial Assault and the Star Wars LCG)
>http://pastebin.com/ZkpXpbJ1

Fantasy Flight Games Dice App (Works with X-Wing, Armada, the Star Wars RPG system and Imperial Assault)
>http://www.mediafire.com/download/64xy3uy6vepll8v/com.fantasyflightgames.swdice.ver.1.1.4.build.9.apk

Older Star Wars Tabletop (Including d6 and d20/Saga)
>http://pastebin.com/wXP0LdyJ

Reference Materials & Miscellaneous Resources
>http://pastebin.com/AGFFkSin

All Canon Novels and Comics (via /co/)
>https://mega.co.nz/#F!2R5kDTqQ!WfrDla-jvDIn05U57T9hhQ

Just What IS Canon Anyways?
>http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Canon#2014_reboot
>http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline_of_canon_media

So you want to watch The Clone Wars (But You Don't Want to Watch the Whole Series)
>http://img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1442/36/1442364889994.png

Writefaggotry
>http://pastebin.com/nXspTQRn
>>
Posting Star Wars IV, V, and VI, as per VHS release. No Lucas edits here.

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/h5iw1a3dxdcx4/Star_Wars-Definitive_Original_Trilogy
>>
Hey Guys,not the anon from last thread, but does anyone have any info about Chronicles of the Gatekeeper adventure for F&D? I am looking for something to start my F&D campaign with and I am curious if it would be good for my Newbies.
>>
Just started X-Wing last week, fucking awesome game, I'm having so much fun with it.
>>
>>43588208
What do you want to know?
>>
>>43588923
General Quality of the adventure I guess, is it good for newbies, how much mechanically (If any) it adds to the game, I think it adds a new race. I have heard that a lot of FFG's adventure paths leave much to be desired, and I am kinda reticent in general to purchase adventure modules.
>>
>>43589829
I haven't read it closely enough to judge quality and newbie-friendliness. You are right, though, it does add a player race, although it's one that hasn't appeared in any other Star Wars works that I know of. It also adds a new Force power that players can unlock over the course of the adventure.
>>
>>43589829
I mean, my first read-through, I didn't see anything that stood out as particularly bad.
>>
>>43588696
Been playing for about a year, and it's still a blast! Arguably the most fun I've had with a minuature game!
>>
>see listing for a FFG StarWars Game in campus
>slightly interested, decided to check it out
>Meet one of the players
>Neakbeards Fedora Tipper
>"this the first time playing I've ever played another system outside of pathfinder "
>OK, he has shittaste but whatever I don't judge
>meet other players, also neakbeards, they mention similar things
>They all start wondering how to make optimal builds.
>Start wondering if they have ever seen they system themselves
>they haven't
>turns out they have only played COMPETIVE PATHFINDER their entire gaming experience.
>Find the DM
>He's the same
>he's already bitching about how its too narrative focused, and unbalanced
>only reason he's doing this is because of player's StarWars hype boner
>already committed
>no excape
>mfw
>>
Lost all my wing minis, dippedinto savings and bought myself a new phantom, new core and Imperial aces, what think of this list chaps?

https://geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Galactic%20Empire&d=v3!s!62:150:-1:-1:;78:-1,-1,94:-1:9:;182:8,-1:-1:-1:;182:8,-1:-1:-1:
>>
>>43590530
>Oh, yeah, sorry, my schedule changed. I can't make it. Ever.
>>
>>43590530
>COMPETITIVE PATHFINDER
Dear lord, why would you do that? I mean, Pathfinder's bad enough. "It's better than 3.5!" No, it's EXACTLY THE SAME. And 3.5 is pretty bullshit, let me tell you.
But I mean.... why competitive play? Is it just like that Frag King competition in the Babycakes video or do they have some high-minded justification for turning a collaborative game of pretend into a session of Unreal Tournament?

tfw I've joined a 5e campaign as a caster. At least now I don't have to worry about firing my three spells off and needing a lie down to get back in the fight.
>>
>>43590618
A sub group developed and organized enough to hold tournaments for pathfinder, it's basically beat the bbeg the quickest while officials watch over you and record, something about points and class / item restrictions.
That's all I know about it, I oversaw the vidya section at a local weaboo con a few years ago and that's just what I overheard
>>
>>43590530
Bring some nerve gas and a mask to the next session. If they don't stop being bitches, activate it
>>
>>43590614
This. Unless they're stalking you in your private life, just excuse yourself out of the group forever and they won't care.
>>
>>43590577
Were you the bloke who forgot his shit on the bus the other day?
>>
>>43591004
Yup

[spoilers]I'm going to complain about it everytime I post until I find them[spoilers]
>>
>>43591032
*I'm going to complain about it everytime I post until I find them
>>
>>43590614
>>43590807
Truth be told, their face when I new guy showed up was the most joyous I've ever seen in my life. I'd feel like I kicked a puppy if I didnt least come for one session. Who knows ? I might be able to introduce them to the concept of RP. Session starts in 10 minutes wish me luck.
>>
>>43591102
Good luck anon! You'll need it.
>>
>>43591102
Be gentle with them, Anon. They are a skittish breed and aggressive when frightened.
>>
>>43591122
I'll keep you guys posted
>>
>>43591164
I'll try
>>
>>43591102

You have an opportunity here, truly, but know that if you decide to take it success is not guaranteed and the path ahead is assuredly unpleasant.

But you could rehabilitate them.

I've done it before. It isn't impossible. I've taken a min/maxing 3.5 apologist who only played wizards "because I like being able to do everything" and turned him into a roleplayer. These days he hops between Mongoose Traveler, 5e D&D, and a Star Wars EotE campaign. It can be done, with patience--so much patience--and the ability to resist social pressure.

Are you a bad enough dude?
>>
>>43591102
Become the GM. Show them the way.
It won't be easy, anon, I'll tell you this. But you can do it.
>>
>>43591218
Different anon...
My method of getting players to realize the fun of roleplaying, has been to describe actions or what my character is doing, even when they fail. And through that it sort of inspires them. For example I was playing a 4e D&D game using a module, where most of the players didn't roleplay at all. I was running a goblin sorceror (because why the fuck not!?), and I botched a stealth check I had +15 to, but the minotaur barbarian passed (who had a +6) by rolling a nat 20. I described how my character was causing a commotion and standing in the passage yelling "you're doing it wrong" at the recessed alcove he thought the minotaur was in, when really the minotaur was hidden half way up the passage towards the bad guys.

It didn't take long before everyobe started enbelishing their actions, and describing what their characters were doing beyond a "I'm gonna hit -X- with -insert power name here-."
>>
>>43591218
I hope I am.
It's already rough. I'm the only non-bothan/rodian. Everyone is currently debating on what party role they will fill. Right now I'm thinking of being a Human Explorer/Trader who's a con artist who idolizes Lando. A sort of Robin Hood for the Rebellion who sells phony Sith Relics disguesd as a semi-racist caricature of a Jedi
>>
>>43590530
I had a situation like this but it was luckily only one guy. He complained at character creation that combat was too restrictive and that should've been a dead giveaway with his rants about how if combat isn't as good as DnD, it's the maker of the game's job to make it as good or it's just a bad system.

Trying one session with him, he was stopped by some guards at a library saying no weapons were allowed inside and he in broad daylight in the middle of a core world pulled his guns on them and shot them like a maniac.

We never played with him again.
>>
Ya'll probably get this every thread, but:

My crew is interested in X-Wing. I'm trying to get them into Armada since I think being a fleet commander would be cooler than dogfighting.

What are some good one-liners to win them over?
>>
>>43592107

Some people just prefer the look of starfighters to starships. Difference between squad-skirmish and company-level fighting.

I'd compare the mechanics more, or show off the wings of fighters. If that doesn't work, I don't know what will.
>>
>>43592107
It's honestly pretty hard to sell the game to people just using X-Wing as a comparison. They're completely different and lots of people who love x wing love the casual easy to pick up nature of it with hidden depth. I love both games but I don't try to hard to shove Armada when it's so slow and methodical in comparison and worse than that, it has such a huge gap between people good at it and people bad at it.
>>
>>43592107
Play both, some people just have a taste for the more personal combat that dogfighting provides than the 'slower' and more methodical approach of fighting in fleet
>>
>>43592107
Why not both?

Seriously, both games have merit. The dogfighting aspect of X-Wing is a blast, and the variety of ships available makes it even better! Armada is also great, especially since you are forced to plan turns in advance due to the orders mechanic. It's only real fault, beside being a bit more expensive, is the lack of ships available. But that is slowly changing, just like X-Wing did!
>>
>>43592176
>>43592306
Fair enough.
I have enough disposable income to start up X-Wing with them, then worst case scenario I'll just have to find others to play Armada with.

Would either starter be a good play to start X-Wing in? I pick up my shit second-hand so it'll probably be much more than that initially, but we'll see
>>
>>43592399
My friends can't afford both.
>>
>>43592482
It's going to be a hard sell to the point where if they even pick up Armada they might not even play. Now, I don't know your friends or your exact situation but I have experience with trying to get people to play a game and in that experience it is near impossible to keep them interested if they don't have a vested interest in the first place. I've been on both sides of this and with various circles of friends. So maybe 4/5 times I'll get one other person to stick or I'll be the one to stick, but that's the exception and a gamble you have to decide on.
>>
>>43592415

New one has all-around better ships, though they are more expensive. Though it also has a new 0-point upgrade that makes classic X-Wings relevant again, as durable as Y-Wings. The old one isn't bad, either, though an X-Wing without a named character isn't that great.

Poe Dameron from the new one is apparently super powerful, a better Luke Skywalker, so much so that some have him banned on principle, and one of his buddies comes with a neat ability but is absolutely outclassed by Poe. Will probably get toned down when people start finding easy ways to counter him.
>>
>>43592621

Also, new one has an updated damage deck, which is more brutal. Of course, it affects everyone the same since everyone uses it.
>>
>>43592621
Integrated Astromech is not in TFA starter pack. The starter has Poe, BB-8, Wired, and Weapon System tech.

IA will be in the T-70 blister.

Also, the new damage deck is only more devastating to generics. The old one was worse for Aces, and anything mounting secondary weapons and especially ordnance. Between the two, as far as tournaments go, use the new one for Ace-heavy or secondary heavy lists, and the old one for generic-swarms. Although when you really get down to it, it doesn't matter which one you use as crits (almost) always suck!
>>
>>43592738

I'll keep this all in mind. I'm thinking of getting into it myself, and while I do love those old classics, these new ones look pretty sexy.

Would a list with a souped-up T-70 work with a couple of Z95 aces? Taking a look at them, it looks like one auto-hits with missiles, which would be great for Assault or Ion missiles: cause trouble for the swarm or peg the heavy with Ion.
>>
>>43592415
I'd recommend the new one, then when you think you want to get around to buying a second set of dice, don't and buy the old core set instead. Or do it the other way around, I'm almost tempted to say other way around because the new core set will be in production for a while but the old core set might start to go up a little in price as it reaches the end of it's print. At the very least later down the road you're more likely to see a sale on new x wing cores that old probably won't get.

As far as ships go, the t-70 is more fun than the generic x wing as the generic x wing is probably the most vanilla ship in the game. Only 2 actions, 2 upgrade slots, and is really only carried by the ridiculously good abilities x wing pilots tend to get. Ties are made to be vanilla so it's kinda more a trade off weather you like old or new better there.
>>
>>43592872
You don't really see a lot of swarms these days, at least not the sort of clumpy ones you can murder with Assault Missiles.

Blount is, like all Zs, better the less you spend on him. Try XX-23s when they come out
>>
>>43592738
I hate that people are strategically picking their damage deck. New one is more fun because you don't get a crit that's irrelevant to you and becomes as worthless as a regular damage. That's what it was designed in part to fix and it should be the new standard if you can use it.
>>
>>43592912

I'll keep it in mind. Seems hard for me to find a list that fields all the ships I like. Is there much of a disconnect between what looks good aesthetically and what is good mechanically in X-Wing? I know WarmaHordes suffers from that as almost a chronic condition and Infinity does a good job of making cool models good on the table.
>>
>>43593005
You can build pretty much anything to be good, the game is more reliant on flying skill.
>>
>>43592912
Worlds had quite a few swarms. Howlrunner appeared several times with anything from all Tie/fo swarm, to Tie/fo + Tie Fighter, to all Tie Fighter Black Squadrons with Crackshot.

Swarms are still around, but Z-95s have a tougher time against the power aces like Soontir, or Vader, or Poe. Zs do still make for good filler ships. And I've had success running a PS 3 scum Z or two with Cluster Missiles and Glitterstim.
>>
>>43593005
Don't get too sucked into this idea people hold of a "meta". The meta is fluctuating constantly and counters to strategies tend to always exist. Just the latest worlds tourny was a gold mine of ship variety right at what people thought would be the peak of boring lists what with all the complainers about "TLT" and arc dodge arc dodge arc dodge arc dodge.

I fly 2 Tie Defenders and a Tie Punisher because I think they're cool ships. It was a squeeze to make it work point wise but I've won a scary amount of games with that list just because I fly it well and kitted it out interestingly.
>>
>>43593031

Okay, I do like games which place a higher value on player skill than model cheesiness.

So I can be fairly safe in building to my aesthetic tastes so long as I can pilot them with a measure of competence? Not to the exclusion of ship building, that is.
>>
>>43593086

This is good to know. So it's more about knowing your own list, building it fairly well, and playing to its strengths while mitigating its weaknesses?
>>
>>43593005
Short answer: No.
Long answer: Noooooooooooooooooooo!

The nice thing with X-Wing, is the devs don't want any ship to be rubbish or "don't use" status. So pretty much every ship is usable to some degree. And if the ship is having problems (e.g. Scyk), the devs take note and see what they can do to fix it (see ref. Aces packs, Imperial Raider).
>>
>>43593087
>So I can be fairly safe in building to my aesthetic tastes so long as I can pilot them with a measure of competence? Not to the exclusion of ship building, that is.
Absolutely correct. Some ships might take more practice than others, but anything's flyable.

(although 5x Spice Runner+Autoblaster Turret+Glitterstim is not for the faint of heart)
>>
>>43593119
I don't get why people dislike the Skyk. It has a cool dial and its a cheap thing to stick a cannon on. You can use it to put an ion cannon on the field for a laughably small point cost.
>>
>>43593171
Because it should have been 12 or 13 pts. 14 for that base statline is overcosted, THEN 2pts for the title and however many for a cannon and you're putting way too many point into a 3HP ship that's both a massive fire magnet and not actually that good at defending itself.
>>
>>43593111
>>43593087
Short answer, yes. You can build for a great many things and focus on whatever you think is important and probably have fun playing like that. Balance is something the game handles pretty well.

Some things to consider though is that retroactive fixes are a thing. Mods released for ships after their launch made to fix a problem an older ship might have. Here's a list of retroactive fixes I know about:
-A Wings were given a lot of fixes in "Rebel Aces" including a couple of mods and some equipment made especially for them like proton rockets. This turns them into some of the most flexible ships in the game upgrade wise being I believe the only ship that can equip 2 elite pilot skills.
-Tie Advanced were considered far too expensive for their own good and received some amazing mods and pilots in the (sadly expensive) Imperial Raider.
-Tie Punisher came with an upgrade designed almost exclusively to fix a problem of "lack of green maneuvers" on the Tie Punisher.
-X wings will have a mod in the upcoming t-70 that can be used on them which adds a little more flexibility at the cheap cost of zero points.
>>
>>43593259
>Tie Punisher came with an upgrade designed almost exclusively to fix a problem of "lack of green maneuvers" on the TIE Defender.
fixed that for you
>>
File: animoo.png (962 KB, 1206x700) Image search: [Google]
animoo.png
962 KB, 1206x700
>>43593311
Oh woops, missed that. Thanks anon.
>>
>>43593171
The Scyk's problem is the price tag. 14pts for a PS 2 generic, and it's direct competitor(s) are 12pt PS 1 Z-95s with illicit slots. It's not spammable, and it's dial is alright, but not terrific.

The big kick in the nuts is the 2pt charge for Heavy Scyk title. It makes missiles and torpedoes not even worth considering, and makes a cannon scyk cost a base of 16pts at PS 1.

In short, they're about a point too expensive for what you are really getting. And there's no incentive for anything other than a cannon. Yeah you can get a 20pt Mangler Scyk, or 23pt Heavy Laser Scyk. But it's pretty easy to kill, and an 18pt PS-1 Z-95 with glitterstim and Cluster missiles is a much better bargain than an 18pt PS-2 Scyk with Cluster Missiles.
>>
>>43593382
>It makes missiles and torpedoes not even worth considering, and makes a cannon scyk cost a base of 16pts at PS 2.

Fixed that. Scyks don't get PS 1.
>>
Okay, let's discuss Plasma Torpedoes. I like them, I think they're entirely worth using, especially on a ship like Miranda that can roll an extra die. 3pts for a range 2-3, 4 dice roll that also strips an extra shield if it hits is a bargain. It also appears to be a pretty solid mirror-breaker. in double-regen lists, and performs exceptionally well against Lambdas, Decimators, and other heavily shielded ships.
>>
>>43593382
Just house rule it to cost less
>>
>>43593977
Doesn't work when it isn't your house
>>
>>43593766
The big trick with it, will be getting rerolls and dice modifcation. You can't just target lock and fire plasma torps immediately, with *most* ships. You'll want that focus, or predator/lone-wolf, or what have you. And anyone that has a secondary or targrt locking perk, like Redline, Nera Dantels, Drea (scum), Horton Salm, etc., will make good use of it.
>>
>>43593977
>house rule
Would totally work if I wasn't in a league and playing at the FLG...

Besides it doesn't matter. Devs have noticed the Scyk's downfalls, and will give it some kind of boost.
>>
>>43594058
JumpMaster, K4 Security Droid, R4 Agromech.
>>
>>43593382
There is little point in taking anything other than a cannon with the Scyk, yes. But for 19 points you get to field an Ion cannon, or for 20 points a Mangler cannon. If you throw in 4 more points you get Pilot Skill 6 and a useful ability, or Pilot Skill 7 through Veteran Instincts on the expensive generic. A fragile bargain bin fighter with a huge cannon draws a lot of fire, so you want to fly the Scyk slow. Thankfully you are pretty good at slow. Keep away from range 1 and make sure you get to take a focus to help you dodge. You have the neat trick of being able to do a 5 Koiogran turn to open up some distance from the clusterfuck after turn three. Try to stay at the edge of the fight, ruining people's lives from range 3. Ties have to roll well against the Mangler cannon on defense or they will get badly mauled. If the entire enemy list focuses on you the odds of you surviving are very low, but hey, that should leave them open to be murdered by your friends.

Anyway, I like flying the Scyk and feel like I have gotten a lot of value from flying the Scyk. If people want to beef up my favorite ship I'm not complaining. Making the missile or torpedo option usable would be great, although I really don't know how they could do that since they already used the title slot.
>>
File: 1389750201036.jpg (54 KB, 444x337) Image search: [Google]
1389750201036.jpg
54 KB, 444x337
How do I counter Brobots?
>>
>>43594646
Brobots fucking hate stress. They have only one arc. They move very fast, and generally overshoot.

If they're running HLC, Range 1 is actually not a bad idea, they won't get the Gunner shot from B's ability and you'll punch more damage through.

They're PS-locked to either 6 or 8, so you can build to beat that and shoot early. Likewise, they're not that hard to block because of he large base, and you can fuck up their action economy.
>>
>>43594646
Brobots excel at maneuverability, and packing cannons and systems. Thanks to cannons, they can dish out some punishment to big, low-evade sbips. And thanks to 3 evade and Autothrusters, they aren't afraid kf turrets or TLTs. Surprisingly, they don't like stress, and their greens are all straights or banks. Control actually works well with them, although Ion needs double the shots. But piling on a couple of stress tokens will neuter that specific ship. Crackshot helps a lot, and so does focused fire. If B is on the board, he needs to die first and formost. A is the next priority if your list has some chaff ships, otherwise C and D are both utility.

And as annoying as they can be, run them if you can so you can get a feel for what they're like.
>>
>>43594788
It's worth noting that I've gone up against a B and C build that had HLC and Autoblaster on each... There is no safe range band, only safe arcs. You either suck 4 dice at ranges 2 to 3, or you suck 3 modified dice at range 1 and you can't stop hits. Nothing sucks more than loosing a Soontir to a range1 space shotgun that scores 2 eyeballs and a hit, and then focused it into 3 hits.
>>
>>43594646
You need to bump them with a TIE or an A-Wing to deny them an action. Also, whenever you feel you can "herd" a brobot into bumping into an asteroid or slooping off the table, do it. It will work more often than you think.
>>
>>43594856
>HLC and Autoblaster
This is hilarious and might actually work if it wasn't so bloody expensive.
>>
File: Sathari.png (1 MB, 900x1021) Image search: [Google]
Sathari.png
1 MB, 900x1021
>>43589886
>it does add a player race
Any chance you can post a picture of the page? I'm very interested in bird people. No new items in the book right?
>>
>>43594521
Yeah, I know all that. I've used Scyks extensively since Wave 6. The problem with Ion Cannon Scyks, is limited killing power. Flechette Scyks are a joke, and just don't do anything (it'd be better if they always inflicted a stress on a hit). Mangler Scyks are the staple, and we all know the Heavy title was priced according to the Heavy Laser Cannon upgrade. But they're still just a bit too much. They lack enough greens to really make use of PtL and turtle up their defenses. Laetin's good if you're on fire with defending, but he lacks an EPT and practically needs Stealth Device to have a chance. And Serissu is good, but the ship's just not spammable enough to really make use of her ability like with Howlrunner.

I think it all just boils down to lack of Illicit slot, 1pt too expensive bade chassis, and the heavy title should only cost 1pt (or two just for the cannon, free otherwise).

But... None of that can happen because FFG doesn't do "reprints" to existing cards. So... With the Title slot taken, I'm expecting the "scyk fix" will likely be a modification that opens up more green maneuvers, and adds a few new pilots. Or it could be a mod that allows it to take a free evade action on any turn when it takes a green maneuver, for a point. Whatever they do, I fully expect to see an Aces box with the Scyk in it. Or a Hutt cartel huge ship with a scyk and upgrades.
>>
>>43594881
Those two cannons + Autotrusters or an EPT, is all you need. Works surprisingly well.
>>
>>43595029
If you take Autothrusters, you can't take an EPT on either of them.

http://geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Scum%20and%20Villainy&d=v3!s!109:-1,-1,23,35,-1,-1:20:15:;111:-1,-1,23,35,-1,-1:20:15:
>>
>>43595118
Yeah, that's why I had the -or- there. Autothrusters is probably a bit more important.

Of course, you could always just build one like that, and build the other with just Mangler, and that way you get the points for EPTs as well.
>>
For those wondering what X-Wing's meta currently looks like, here's MajorJuggler's Breakdown from Worlds:

TIE Swarm
2013: 31.25% 2014: 18.75% 2015: 6.25%
4 Ship Rebels (no TLT)
2013: 18.75% 2014: 9.38% 2015: 0.00%
YT1300 + support
2013: 18.75% 2014: 12.50% 2015: 0.00%
Dual YT1300
2013: 6.25% 2014: 3.13% 2015: 0.00%
Rebel Swarm (no TLT)
2013: 6.25% 2014: 6.25% 2015: 3.13%
Bombers
2013: 6.25% 2014: 0.00% 2015: 0.00%
Control
2013: 6.25% 2014: 6.25% 2015: 6.25%
Misc Imperial
2013: 6.25% 2014: 0.00% 2015: 0.00%
Shuttle + Aces
2013: 0.00% 2014: 6.25% 2015: 12.50%
Fat Han
2014: 25.00% 2015: 0.00%
Whisper + Miniswarm 2014: 9.38% 2015: 3.13%
6 Sigma
2014: 3.13% 2015: 0.00%
TLT Spam
2015: 15.63%
4 Scum Turrets with TLTs
2015: 3.13%
Rebel Swarm with TLTs
Rebel Ace + TLTs
2015: 9.38%
Scum Ace + TLTs
BroBots
2015: 15.63%
Dash / Ace
2015: 9.38%
Rebel Aces (small)
2015: 6.25%
VT-49 + Ace
>>
File: SWA25-Hwing.png (182 KB, 600x304) Image search: [Google]
SWA25-Hwing.png
182 KB, 600x304
>>
File: 1378041765281.png (67 KB, 332x300) Image search: [Google]
1378041765281.png
67 KB, 332x300
If my opponent takes a hit and a crit, flips up the first card (which was a Direct Hit that would have blown him up), then goes "Oh, face-down damage is dealt first", flips the Direct Hit down and takes a different crit card, should I be salty?
>>
>>43597366
If he does it constantly yes. If it was just a one off it was probably a genuine mistake.
>>
Is there a resource for the revised d20 system? As in, not the Saga Edition?
>>
>>43597366
>>43597780
Face-down damage is dealt first, yes, but what I gather from my (one) match is that for crits you gather as many damage cards as required off the damage deck and the top one flips up as a crit.

Depending on where your opponent does this (lgs or tourny or your house), this can get them kicked out. Cheating is cheating.
>>
>>43598176
>match is that for crits you gather as many damage cards as required off the damage deck and the top one flips up as a crit
That's just a particular drawing technique. Though usually I see people applying damage 1 card at a time if types are mixed, with the top card on the deck being the first applied and so on.
>>
>>43596280
...as someone who's just dropped 40k's stagnant as fuck meta, this is beautiful.
>>
>>43597366
As long as he's drawn all the cards, whichever card he flips up first doesn't matter, but it does stay up.
>>
>>43598363
Ah. Well, changing the crit card is still cheating unless you're using an ability/upgrade.
>>
>>43598856
>whichever card he flips up first doesn't matter, but it does stay up.
"The hit ship suffers one Damage for each uncancelled * result, AND THEN suffers one Critical Damage fir each uncancelled (*) result."
Rules as read, regular damage cards are applied first.
>>
File: here comes your ex.gif (3 MB, 300x128) Image search: [Google]
here comes your ex.gif
3 MB, 300x128
>>43590530
>only played COMPETIVE PATHFINDER
Danger! Danger! Danger!

Players like that are pretty much number-crunchers and min-maxers to the n'th degree, so you can almost guarantee that they've never actually roleplayed.
I guess I shouldn't be too judgemental, some people get off on that shit but D20's literally turned a lot of RPG's into board-games and sort of a very elementary level of roleplaying. Sure we all love it when PC's are powerful, but when people like that spend hours planning out builds on how to maximise their damage, gain the most hit points and armour factor, it lacks any feeling of organic character development and investment into the story.
(Don't get me wrong, board games are cool, but they are what they are)

Think that's what's attracted me a lot to the FFG system, despite its warts and foibles in some areas, it has knocked the 'uber gamer vs GM' mentality out of some of our groups newer players. They've come around a bit more to the hey, lets have fun together with the story, your character getting a bit of the spotlight and forced them to work a bit harder. I literally offload half the game into the players hands by making them do the dice work and definitions, which leaves me to come up with the rest.

The other nice part of offloading work to PC's, is that they're busy thinking of how to survive, define their dice rolls and not going into passive-aggressive territory of using their spare time to fuck with the GM or each other's characters.
>>
I will be joining an EotE campaign soon and was curios if there is a good way of making a survivalist bounty hunter thats force awakend?
>>
>>43599525
See: as long as he's drawn all the cards.

My point being - the deck's random. For any given set of cards which have been drawn (and thus applied) it really doesn't matter which of them is chosen to flip.
>>
>>43596541
The Double Orange Creamsicle
>>
File: - Human Bounty Hunter.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
- Human Bounty Hunter.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>43600446
Little hard right off the bat, but its do-able
Basically no force powers, not a lot of talents, fairly shit skills until you get some xp, but look at it as a long-term kind of project rather than a one-off game
>>
>>43601109
Thank you so much!
>>
File: 1439750014713.jpg (121 KB, 600x927) Image search: [Google]
1439750014713.jpg
121 KB, 600x927
>>43601109

Little to no flavor, but meets the minimum of what you're asking.
>>
>>43601140
>>43601397
Yeah, I think if I was making up something like that, I'd probably go F&D Hunter or Pathfinder myself. But it just does what it says on the can.
>>
>>43601397
RP will add all the flavor :P
>>
File: 1376304177058.jpg (116 KB, 600x881) Image search: [Google]
1376304177058.jpg
116 KB, 600x881
>>43601430

This
>>
>>43601449

All in all, I suppose almost none of it is important.

But you definitely want a 4 in the most important trait to you.

And you are going to want some physics to your skills and abilities man.
>>
>>43601430
And if there is anything you want to add ontop of that or edit id like to see all sides and potential character choices if possible im still new to this so i want to see all my choices!
>>
>>43601480
4 in a characteristic I've always found was just too much of an xp-sink at the start when you're trying to make a character with some sort of breadth of utility. 3 tends to get the job done for the most part at least from what I've seen, later on you get enough xp and you can bump it up a bit more with Dedication.

>>43601490
Ask your GM if something like Hunter or Pathfinder is available- they are F&D characters though and he might only be running EoTE or AoR.
>>
>>43601568
Hunter sounds like a fun thing!
>>
>>43601637
Grab Oggdudes character generator from the FFG forums and have a bit of a play around with that. So much easier to do for ideas and it's pretty well laid out
>>
>>43601659
Wow this is a wicked program thanks!
>>
>>43601696
Oh hell yeah, as a GM its just been so easy to pump out NPC's, gear, vehicles and other random stuff that I just couldn't run (easily) without it.
Plus for players they can fiddle around and it's all set without me having to worry about them fucking up the numbers.
>>
If you're playing in Edge of the Empire you might want to check with your GM about starting with one of the Universal Force Sensitive specializations, I know that some people run it for the draw of creating a story that is more science than fiction (not that any of Star Wars' technology makes sense).
>>
https://geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Rebel%20Alliance&d=v3!s!0:18,136,148:-1:3:;95:11,23,73,74:14:13:

ok i know the t-70 is better but this is just me wanting to use the classic
>>
>>43587601
Rebels this week was neat.

I want Hera as a B-Wing Pilot with some kind of title.
>>
File: New Episode Hera.jpg (83 KB, 1080x720) Image search: [Google]
New Episode Hera.jpg
83 KB, 1080x720
>>43602145
Just a new hype sign, sorry
>>
File: B-wing attack.webm (1 MB, 500x312) Image search: [Google]
B-wing attack.webm
1 MB, 500x312
>>43602145

I want one of these in AoR.
>>
>>43602143
https://geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Rebel%20Alliance&d=v3!s!0:18,-1,148:-1:3:;36:18,-1,75,38:2:3:

Try this.

Han Solo with 2 Evade Tokens and a Focus Token.

Wedge with 3 actions a turn. Might be good.
>>
>>43602145
>>43602217
Here's this weeks ship concept art.
>>
>>43602233
Love the gunner turret, shame it's prototype only.
>>
>>43602217
man, this I LIKE. starfighters with capital-grade weapons have always had a special place in my heart, and damn but I like this thing
>>
>>43602223

thanks

also i made changes to what I posted originally

https://geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Rebel%20Alliance&d=v3!s!0:18,-1,148:-1:3:;95:12,23,14,74:14:13:
>>
>>43602217

Could make good use of it with the E2 upgrade for an extra pilot space and fill it with your character's gear.

Were B-Wings in production from that early on in SW? We only end up seeing them around the Battle of Endor, unless the Rebels had to work up the cash to buy an existing model or if it's a prototype.
>>
>>43602302
it's specifically referred to as a prototype on the model sheets, so that's the answer
>>
>>43602251

My only real complaint is that torpedo port. There just doesn't seem to be enough space there for a launcher and ammo feed mechanism.

>>43602302

Its a prototype, the original prototype apparently (well "Prototype B6").

Also the "Multi-cannon" as Sabine referred to it apparently drains the capacitor, rendering the hyperdrive inoperative (seemingly for a significant period of time, they had to ferry the B-wing into the fight using another ship).

Also the "B" stands for Blade. Blade-Wing.
>>
>>43602294
oh god I just noticed that setup
let me fix that for you

https://geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Rebel%20Alliance&d=v3!s!0:18,-1,148:-1:3:;95:18,23,-1,74:14:3:

let me explain some things friend
marksmanship looks good on paper

well, not even

if you use EI, well that's good I guesss, but you really want to think "what's the best use of my actions?"

with THIS setup, you have a few more options. Dash can Boost/Barrel into/out of range and over rocks, then PTL to Target Lock. Or, first turn, you Boost/Barrel Roll to dodge the first fight and get in a better spot. Then when you destress next turn, you get Kyle's Focus token. Now you can move to get into range and TL. HLC with a TL and a Focus? They're dead. And now you have Wedge who has 3! actions to clear the first round of shields. Someone is dead.
>>
>>43602409
Oh, and add missile to taste.
>>
>>43602354
>>43602343

Okay, so prototype. The "Multi-cannon" also looks like a miniature Death Star superlaser in red.

I knew the Blade-Wing part already.
>>
>>43602409

ok that does look better thanks

4 points left I think I'm still gonna use 1 of 2 missle options to fill in on the outrider though either proton rocks or cluster rocks to maybe at least make someone think before going into the donut.
>>
>>43602145
>>43602217

Title: Prototype B6
May take Turret instead of some other necessary upgrade or something?
Maybe a card with that weird beam attack, but it's got to come with some drawbacks like Ion tokens, discarding that attack card, and possibly taking damage or discarding other upgrades.
>>
File: gunshiparenaattack1.png (404 KB, 853x480) Image search: [Google]
gunshiparenaattack1.png
404 KB, 853x480
>>43602465
>The "Multi-cannon" also looks like a miniature Death Star superlaser in red.

Wouldn't be the first time (besides the Death Star) we've seen these multi-lasers.
>>
File: hrnnn.gif (21 KB, 455x364) Image search: [Google]
hrnnn.gif
21 KB, 455x364
>>43602217
>composite-beam laser
>>
File: Spha-t_geonosis.jpg (798 KB, 1920x816) Image search: [Google]
Spha-t_geonosis.jpg
798 KB, 1920x816
>>43602589
>>
>>43602505
Prockets should be kept to ships with 3 evade. If the ship's got 2 evade, it might as well spend a point more for concussion or cluster missiles.
>>
>>43602568
Could swap out cannon for turret upgrade.
>>
>>43602705

That'd be a neat title, your upgrade bar loses the Cannon Icon and gains a Turret Icon. Could have her as a pilot as well.

I think it'd have the B-Wing eat into Y-Wing territory even more, though.
>>
>>43602761
Yeah.

With b-wings' dial I really think a turret would be a waste anyway.
>>
>>43602761
that doom laser doesn't strike me as "turret"

I feel like the title would do something like "increase your primary attack attack value by 1" and do something else
>>
>>43602898

I was referring to the Turret on the end of the large wing as shown in:
>>43602233
>>43602251

Doom laser would be something else, though would probably be pretty fucking powerful and come with some serious drawbacks.
>>
>>43603003
Maybe it's a one-shot weapon that requires you to spend both a target lock and a focus?
>>
>>43603003
It looks like the gun doesn't rotate, just spins on its axis
>>
>>43603073

Yeah, make it a missile-style card where you have to discard it to use it.
>>
>>43603073

Gain a stress and discard the weapon card? Also looks like an attack run, might need a forward movement on the dial to use it, meaning you're going to be pretty predictable when using it.

Huge tradeoff for a weapon that's pretty much only useful against a large, not very maneuverable target, but the advantage is that a single shot puts some serious wounds on whatever it hits.
>>
>>43603136
Given it has the same "beams converge to do lots of damage" deal, I'm wondering if it's technologically related to the Death Star Laser
>>
File: Unexpected.gif (268 KB, 500x316) Image search: [Google]
Unexpected.gif
268 KB, 500x316
>>43602217
>>
>>43603171

Probably. As pointed out earlier, it's not exactly new technology. The Death Star was just done on an unprecedented scale. So it'd be related, but it's the relationship between a handgun and a battleship's big guns, or a laser pointer and a lascannon.
>>
>>43603136
Do we really need to give b-wings offensive means to gain stress? Or would b-wings gain the stress only after the attack?

I do like the attack run-maybe only green maneuver or straight maneuvers, no barrel rolls or boosts before attacking. What would a fair dice/price amount be for this thing?
>>
>>43603256

Well, it's the one-off weapon to end all one-off weapons. We'd have to decide on just how powerful the shot is going to be to figure that out.
>>
Y'know, I know a lot of people waffled when the trailer came out about the early B-Wing, but it seems like a decent addition to the lore. This is an extremely early (yet functional) prototype before going into mass production (where they probably take out the gunner seat and the composite laser so they can afford to build a bunch of them and stock them with torpedoes), it's still Project Shantipole, and they could be alluding to the Verpine or Roche.

Still wonder why the jump for A-Wings besides just being different. I mean, why does this vaguely Alderaanian rebel team have them and the Yavin base not? Are they still the A-Wing model or is it similar to the old R-22 Spearhead thing from Legends.

(I do also find it funny that the Corellian Corvette, which was called a blockade runner probably from somewhere in the early SW notes, is shite at the imperial blockade)
>>
>>43603525
I think the last part bothered me the most.

Though I suppose it wasn't particularly good at its job in A New Hope either.
>>
>>43603571

Well, in ANH it was against an imperial Star Destroyer, one of the largest standard vessels of the Empire - as shown later in ESB and ROTJ. But it also had a short slug-fest with an ISD too, not Those ancient Arquitens ships
>>
>>43603525
The databank on the SW site will answer your A-wing question.
>>
>>43603525
>>43603571
>>43603684
They're also insisting on approaching from one specific vector over and over again. It's worse than Han's 'few maneuvers' because they never try to jink at all. If you're gonna do that, at least upgrade the shields, ffs.
>>
File: Rebel Providence.jpg (661 KB, 1888x2400) Image search: [Google]
Rebel Providence.jpg
661 KB, 1888x2400
>>43603718
As a huge space battle nerd that bothered me too. However I think it was a limit of the medium/time. We can imagine that they tried different vectors but the imperials where fast enough (being close to the planet) to catch them and line up that strait on fight.
>>
>>43603718

Kanan was about to come around and take a different approach vector, but then the B-Wing showed up and they didn't need to.

It did look like they had other ships screening for the main transport, which was good, But apparently enemy angles were good enough they could still hit the main ship. I mean, what would they have done if they had ground-based defenses? Or a pack of AT-AAs.

Are AT-AAs canon? I need to go check.
>>
>Shantipole

That WEG reference
>>
File: whatisthisgun.png (140 KB, 437x226) Image search: [Google]
whatisthisgun.png
140 KB, 437x226
Hey, anybody recognize the blaster pistol Azmorrigan uses? It's got a nice look to it, would be a good hold-out blaster for my medic
>>
>>43603799
as if we needed more confirmation that rebels is WEG D6: The Series
>>
>>43603799
so, any bets on that actually coming up? Because I would be okay if Quarrie also designed the X-wing or some horrible frankenstein ship that needs to get put down.
>>
>>43603799
they aren't even pretending that this is anything but a TV-ificiation of the writer's old WEG campaign anymore, it's great
>>
I love that the ship designer was named Quarrie.
>>
File: AT-AA.jpg (47 KB, 637x480) Image search: [Google]
AT-AA.jpg
47 KB, 637x480
>>43603767
I hope so. Love these portly bastards.
>>
>>43603850
I wish their wookieepedia article made them more like actual SAMs. As it is they only go a couple kilometers and that bothers me.
>>
>>43603820
The planet was called that, so it was just a name reference.

>>43603833
Well it's not like Lucasfilm was cleaned out. People working there have been for decades.
>>
>>43603835
Based McQuarrie
>>
>>43603818
Frankly, at this point, I wouldn't be surprised if the fourth season or something starts off with a ten-year time skip and our heroes in the Kathol Sector, ready to persue Moff Sarne aboard the new republic corvette FarStar
>>
>>43603525
I'm just happy a blockade worked for once in the Star Wars universe. Just because it's a blockade runner doesn't mean it's invincible to them and can fly in head on expecting no damage. Playing Armada, a Corvette might try to run past the enemy's whole line but it's still gonna take fire.

Anyways on the topic of the ship origins, we knew some things would change with the disney canon and ship origins are fine by me. Always was kinda bugged me how every ship was invented conveniently between the movies where they were and weren't seen, like it was some necessity that if it wasn't the x wing or y wing, the 2 main military ships of the original movie, that they had to be invented after that movie. A Wings just existing is fine and adds a pretty strait forward fighter to the fleet and B Wing being in crazy prototype form prior to the first movie as you said is a perfectly fine origin.
>>
>>43604215
Works for me, too.
>>
File: rebel aces.jpg (177 KB, 1509x1125) Image search: [Google]
rebel aces.jpg
177 KB, 1509x1125
>>43603525
>Still wonder why the jump for A-Wings besides just being different.
It's almost like the red B-Wing and blue A-Wing were sold together...
>>
File: Arquitens.jpg (75 KB, 1072x624) Image search: [Google]
Arquitens.jpg
75 KB, 1072x624
>>43604215
Good to see the old shitbox Arquitens cruisers still being used, always liked that design
>>
>>43605462
Fuck I totally forgot about those. Not that I watched a lot of CW anyway, but even so I should have recognized that ship. I can't believe paintjob can throw one off that much.
>>
>>43605462

The way Rebels keeps hurling these things at the cast make me worried they'll seep into Armada...

Who am I kidding, Wave 2 never.
Wave 3 never +1.
>>
>>43605676
I like Rebels overall but the Imperial jobbing has gotten painful. How am I expected to care that the characters might be in danger if every single is a walkover.

The strafing run against the AT-TE in Relics was particularly bad. The cockpit POV highlighted just how wide it was shooting at a target right in the centre of its sights.

And since when did the TIE "doesn't even have lifesupport" cockpit expand to fit 4 people in?

Stormtrooper accuracy jokes aside, it just seems that Rebels takes it a ludicrous extreme. At least Vader can score kills, even if no one else in the Imperial Navy cannot.

Bah, I'm going to play X-Wing and earn my blood stripes.
>>
>>43605546
They're also known as the 'Imperial Light Cruiser', but that's a bit generic.

>>43605676
How is Armada doing? Last I saw my plastic-crack fiend friends go running into a game store with $400 and came out with bags of the shit.

>>43605783
Dunno about that, the supply run cost them a Corvette and an A-Wing.
Don't think joining Phoenix Sqdn is great for ones life expectancy...
>>
Here's the list that I won my first-ever tournament with last Sunday:

Corran Horn (46)
(35), R2-D2 (4), Fire-Control System (2), Veteran Instincts (1), Shield Upgrade (4)

Miranda Doni (42)
(29), Twin Laser Turret (6), Plasma Torpedoes (3), Tactician (2), Advanced Slam (2)

Bandit Squadron Pilot (12)

Same Concept as the Poe/Corran/Prototype list, but I like the flexibility and tankyness that Miranda brings. Plasmas proved to be pretty usefu lagainst all but one matchup. 1st Round was a Decimator/Lambda build; 2nd was Soontir/Vader/Palpmobile, 3rd was Whisper + 2 Sigmas; 4th was pretty much a mirror match against Poe/Miranda/Z/Z, which is where the torpedoes really shined, stripping his Miranda down in one round. Corran also managed to one-shot Poe beautifully.

Semi-Finals was a rematch vs Soontir/Vader/Palp. Finals would've been a rematch vs Poe/Miranda/Z/Z, but it was hella late and we just split top.

I feel like I would've had more problems if I had matched against a 4-ship rebels or a Deci/MiniSwarm list, but I'm liking how solid my list feels. Thoughts?
>>
>>43590530
>no escape

There is ALWAYS an escape.
>>
>>43601430
>>43600446
This is the exact same type of character I first made when EotE launched. Force Sensitive Survivalist Bounty Hunter. If I had FaD when I made it, I would have gone Pathfinder or Hunter. If you're patient enough, I would put most of your char gen XP into abilities, as you don't get to upgrade them after char gen unless you get a cybernetic mod or a Dedication talent. What I did was take an extra 15 obligation so I could get an extra 10XP and put it all into my Agility, bumping it uo to 5. But I play my character as a scout/sniper, and high Agility is very important as it affects both my Stealth and Ranged checks.
>>
File: 1377574335738.png (12 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1377574335738.png
12 KB, 500x500
I picked up the Edge of the Empires starter set from trades. I have some questions if y'all don't mind:

How "basic" is it compared to the actual core rulebook?
I'm giving the group's Forever GM a break and GMing the module it comes with, or at least trying to- how difficult will GMing this (and in the future, full games) be compared to Pathfinder?
Do these gay little dice work for ALL current SW games? I know there's Edge of the Empires, some other one that's more Force-oriented, and another one iirc.
>>
>>43606394
The dice are the same for EotE, AoR, and FaD. The game itself is pretty easy to get used to. As far as GMing goes, I'm not completely sure, as I've never been the GM of a game. I guess it really depends on how detailed you want the story to be. As far as mechanics go, the core rulebook has everything you need to know inside it. You'll easily have most of it memorized in no time.
>>
>>43605937
I like it, anon
>>
>>43606503
I've been playing Pathfinder for years and I still don't have the Core memorized. Remember numbers and shit is a struggle. I also play 40k so one would think I could hammer it down.
Thanks though, definitely looking forward to it.

I'm also getting into X-Wing with my group and Armada (probably by myself for now) and have realized that there's gay fucking specialized dice for all three things.

It's not that big of a deal, I just know FFG is gonna short me on dice I need if I pick up a starter of either game, as they are infamous for. I assume there's also specialized dice for Imperial Assault?

I digress.
I'm very much looking forward to switching up our 40k sessions/Pathfinder sessions for some SW goodness.
>>
>>43605783
I guess there could be some episodes like the season 2 opening where the Imperials flat out win for the most part, but I don't think accuracy aside they've been that bad so far. Especially this episode where their blockade managed to score some real kills. Just like season one, they're bound to up the stakes the further we go into the season. Also the tie actually can squeeze people in there. The crew mentioned it on a behind the scenes that they looked into the real from the films sets and have a pretty big model of one. The camera angle makes it look more crowded than it is. If they weren't wearing helmets though then that's a plot hole with the no life support.

>>43605820
Generally? Armada sells pretty well. I can tell you player base wise though going to as many Armada nights as I can that everyone is ready for wave 2 already and kinda growing restless. There's only so far you can take wave 1 and not a shit load of creativity to be found right now.
>>
So, Rey and Kylo Ren are just Jaina and Jacen Solo, right?
>>
>>43604886
Not to discourage you... But the B-Wing paintscheme in the aces pack is Dagger Squadron's. They had some comics, and I think maybe a novel or two. It also fits with the Nera Dantels pilot, who was a Dagger, and the obvious generic PS 4.
>>
>>43606822
>I think maybe a novel or two
Nope, just those two issues of Rebellion.
>>
>>43606248
Honestly, if I was to play in an EoE game, I'd probably go with a mechanic/engineer and representative from MandalMotors, who has a serious hate-boner for Ties, and has an autistic-level knowledge of ship specs. If only because I know I could pull it off without looking uo data...
>>
I just joined a really casual Star Wars game with some friends and want to basically play Ash from the Evil Dead as a wookie, is a vibrosword chainsaw arm possible in star wars universe? GM will let me do it regardless and will fudge numbers but I want to know if it would actually work in universe.
>>
>>43606394
The starter box is really easy to use, it explains the mechanics as you need them rather than all at once at the start. The actual books add a fair bit more: actual character creation and advancement, the obligation rules, etc., but it isn't a whole lot more complicated.

The tricky thing moving from Pathfinder, I think, would be that there isn't much of a system in place to tell how challenging enemies are without just getting a feel for it yourself. Figuring out dice pools for things can take a bit more time than just rolling in Pathfinder, especially while you're learning it, but there should be fewer times that you're needing to roll a whole bunch.

The dice mechanics of all FFG's Star Wars RPGs -- there is also a Rebel-themed one (Age of Rebellion) and Force user-themed one (Force and Destiny) -- are the same. Their miniatures games (X-Wing, Armada, and Imperial Assault) each have their own dice mechanics.
>>
>>43606720
Armada will get a lot better with more waves. Right now it very much feels like X-Wing did during the wait for Waves 2 and 3. I remember first seeing X-Wing at PAX and thinking "that looks cool... What do they have so far? X-Wings, Tie Fighters, Y-Wings, Tie Asvanced... Ok. Maybe once they get more ships."
>>
>>43606547
Yeah, you're gonna be re-rolling dice without an extra set in any of those 3 games. That being said, one extra set will cover all but the most extreme circumstances for all 3 of their dice sets. By extreme, I mean going way out of your way and beyond logic to try and inch out that seventh attack die in X-Wing.

My friend has 4 sets of dice for our edge games and puts them all in a bowl in the middle but that's just some added comfyness because we're all super into that game and play it pretty regularly. Even 3 is pretty overkill. X-Wing if you would like both core sets given they're both full of some nice ships and upgrades for their price will also get you that second set of dice. That's how I got all my dice for X Wing at least, just a nice "if you want it, it'll also save you $6 on dice" thing.
>>
>>43606835
Nevermind, then. I hazarded a guess at a novel, since it seems like every EU anything ended up with one at some point.
>>
File: 1446076073592.jpg (280 KB, 768x1202) Image search: [Google]
1446076073592.jpg
280 KB, 768x1202
Post pics of potential Inquisitors for my FnD game pls.

The first one up is a "Warlord" type, if that matters to yall.
>>
File: 1422909968624.jpg (383 KB, 603x900) Image search: [Google]
1422909968624.jpg
383 KB, 603x900
>>
>>43606941
Excellent to know, thank you. I play other systems like NWoD, Savage Worlds, 3.5, and misc. fun homebrews I find here on /tg/- it's just that I'm most familiar with PF.

>>43607113
Yea, I plan on picking up both X-Wing starters since they're around $25 each on amazon. I let the owner of my FLGS know this since I spend so frequently there and he sells them to me for X amount of dollars more than amazon prices unbeknownst to other shoppers. He's not making as big of a profit, but at least he's moving product and I'm contributing at least a little bit into his pocket. As for expansions and actually branching out of the core sets, I'll be picking up a lot or two on trading groups online since not even my FLGS owner can match dumb prices I find

>$700 worth of Space Wolves for $170 shipped
lmao 2gud

The way things are looking, I won't be able to get a game of EoE started until at least December, but depending on how much of a pick-up-and-play X-Wing is, I'll be able to learn the game before November's end.
>>
>>43605783
Never forget that at its core, Rebels is a kids show, so for the most part the good guys are always going to win.
>>
File: MORGANKATARN.jpg (37 KB, 256x300) Image search: [Google]
MORGANKATARN.jpg
37 KB, 256x300
>>43607294
Can't beat the classics, anon
>>
>>43607294
What's the difference between Inquisitors and Hands in Legends? Title? Power level? Training? Missions performed? All of the above?
>>
Is there a good way to balance "pilots in other ships they've flown" for casual games? Like Wedge Antilles or Keyan Farlander as pilots (with same PS and ability) in most of the other small Rebel craft.
>>
>>43607733
Little bit of all of the above. Hands answer only to the Emperor, perform all sorts of super secret missions even the rest of the Imperial hierarchy wouldn't know about, and are generally speaking more powerful and well trained than Inquisitors. That said, Inquisitors in Legends weren't the "trained wrong as a joke" sort from Rebels. Inquisitors like Jerec (>>43607700) were often Jedi who joined the Empire some time after Order 66, and could get extremely powerful in their own right.
>>
Well I got be kicked from that group. Apparently I "ruined" his campaign by Phoenix Wright'ing the shit out of his BBEG. Also I made the Campaign "boring" because instead of just failing to excape prison, I stood trial and successfully defended the party from being sent straight to Kessel.
>>
>>43607829
Man, that actually sounds like it was a lot of fun.
>>
>>43607829
Artfully done, anon.
>>
>>43607829
Wait, so you...played the game? And got in trouble with them for it?
>>
>>43607829

.....if a GM considers that game ruined, they have no soul.

If he wanted to have you blast your way out, he should have gone to pains to make it clear you were facing a show trial.
>>
>>43607733
Inquisitors are much more publicly warriors. They're mini darth vaders with a specialized role.

Hands of the Emperor aren't supposed to be known they even exist generally. Even hands don't know about other hands of the emperor. They're employed more for spy work, special missions, that kinda thing.
>>
File: awesome.jpg (81 KB, 1600x990) Image search: [Google]
awesome.jpg
81 KB, 1600x990
>>43607829
>I stood trial and successfully defended the party from being sent straight to Kessel.

You're fucking awesome, good work son
>>
>>43607829
>Got kicked out for that
Yeah that never happened.
>>
>>43587601

That poor astromech, suck in that X-Wing for God knows how long.

Why did the pilot abandon their friend? ;_;
>>
>>43608154
Probably died on impact or died after ejection.
>>
File: mfw he's taking the express.jpg (26 KB, 1050x529) Image search: [Google]
mfw he's taking the express.jpg
26 KB, 1050x529
>Post yfw your players roll Despair
>>
File: burning-intensifies.jpg (400 KB, 1112x900) Image search: [Google]
burning-intensifies.jpg
400 KB, 1112x900
>>43608183
>>
>>43608183
>>
>>43602894
The B Wing is already a turret in and by itself.
>>
File: 1447293297496.png (137 KB, 311x397) Image search: [Google]
1447293297496.png
137 KB, 311x397
>>43608183
>>
>>43608318
Agreed. That good old Keyan+Stay On Target combo.
>>
>>43594291
Deadeye and the R4 Agromech also work well together. I feel like the Jumpmaster can work well with torpedos.
>>
>>43607406
>The way things are looking, I won't be able to get a game of EoE started until at least December, but depending on how much of a pick-up-and-play X-Wing is, I'll be able to learn the game before November's end.

From my experience, unless you're under 12 and have ADD, you should be able to grasp X-Wing within about two games, or a couple of practice games. X-Wing is a quintessential "easy to learn, tough to master" game. Learning it is easy. Getting the hang of gameplay and cards takes at least a passive desire to learn how to play. Visualizing and planning for where your ships will move, and what maneuvers you need to perform to avoid asteroids... That takes skill and practice.
>>
>>43607829
Anon, you're my kind of roleplayer! I'd invite you to play with my group, if we ever got around to playing again.
>>
>>43608389
If you're willing to pay the points though, someone at my FLGS made a case for running Keyan with Engine Upgrade, and Push the Limit. With Keyan, you don't care as much for stress anyways, so green maneuvers be damned.
>>
>>43608594
Yeah. My friend is really good at teaching it and got me to know the rules by 1 game. He plays the tutorial teaching movement and attacks first turn, introduces actions second turn, stress third turn, and that's about it. A couple nuances you may or may not learn like how exactly asteroids work and such, but for the most part that covers it. After that I was playing 100 point games with my core set + rebel aces against him just fine.
>>
Opinions on the z95 Headhunter, E Wing, Tie Phantom, and Tie Defender to go along with the first Core Set?
>>
>>43608806
Pretty much exactly what I picked up. If you're trying to keep it even, might want to get two z95s.
>>
>>43608806
Tie defender is a hard one to find a place for. I run them and love them but just a warning on their own, they're pretty point cost questionable. Also there's a fix for them included in the Tie Punisher. That being said, I still love the ship to death and you can make it work.
>>
>>43608806
The E-wing, while expensive, can pair off well with some of the choicer X-wing pilots, and zeds can always act as blockers or cheap missile platforms-12 points for a rebel ship to fill that gap between upgraded Corran, Wedge, and 100 points is always fun.

I know less about imps, but from my understanding Tie Phantoms are pretty good with cloak and that delicious passenger slot. Defenders are like the E-wing and expensive. Any list you make with it and the core will be those two expensive targets and curly and moe in ties acting as blockers.

Standard route, though, seems to be picking up Rebel Aces or Imperial Aces after core.
>>
>>43608806
Switch Defender for Interceptor maybe? The Defender is notoriously expensive, though it comes with one of the best EPT cards (Predator).
>>
File: 1446938656516.jpg (174 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1446938656516.jpg
174 KB, 640x640
How does Tactician work on a K-Wing when most of the shooting will be outside your firing arc? They have one of the shittiest dials in the game, and Tactician seems impossible to proc with a Warden Squadron Pilot against anyone with Boost.
>>
>>43609045
If I want to give my brother some X-wing miniatures for Christmas, what is the best shopping list for 100 points each of Scum, Rebels, and Imperials, so we can play right from the moment he unwraps them?
>>
>>43608936
>>43608964
>>43609045
Thanks guys, taking mental notes on how to flesh out small and fun armies for my opponents (since nobody else in my grouo is buying X-Wing yet).
I'm getting those for $6 each so I figured why the hell not.

Though, while I've read is a bit more complicated, my main goal is a Scum & Villainy army, so would the Most Wanted expansion be my next best buy? It's a bit dated from what I'm seeing, so is it just as viable as a S&V "starter"?
>>
>>43609137
>remove tactician from k-wing
>place on b-wing
>??????
>profit!!!!

Wish I knew honestly.
>>
>>43607449
This. TCW had more freedom as to subject matter, and even then it took until season 3-4 for the show to really start getting dark.
>>
>>43609148
Core pack is mandatory, and for starters I recommend the TFA (blue) one. For pure cost-efficiency a YT-2400 and Poe is 100 points Rebel, you could probably hit 100 points with the 2 TIE/fos and the Imperial Aces pack (2 interceptors and the ever-valuable Push The Limits card), and two IG-2000s is a Scum list.

$105.45 plus shipping from Miniature Market.
This is not a serious recommendation.
>>
>>43609209
Scum and Villainy+a HWK is a great way to start scum. Replace HWK for a firespray depending on taste-Boba and friends are more tanky, but Palob and ilk are more trolly.
>>
>>43609443
What would be a serious recommendation? What about avoiding big ships?
>>
>>43607866
>>43607886
>>43607903
>>43607894
>>43607829
Fuck it, I'm story timing this session.
> all bothan/rodian Hiredgun/Bounty Hunter party. I honestly forgot their specializations.
>Ended up being a Colonist/Politico, because they complained that they might need a "Face"
>So I'm Mercury Justice, Ex Imperal Defence Attorney at law, who got framed by the Rebal Alliance for murder of a Moff. Had to flee to the Outer Rim. Bounty obligation.
>In hindsight, his reaction makes more sense. But I didn't understand at the time when I told him my backstory.
>"that's kind of lame, you should change it"
>"Nah, I'm good"
>"You sure ?"
>"Totally"
>he gives up after 3 more attempts, I don't understand why.
>Speaking of backstory, the rest of the party has none, but there is attempt, all the rodians are brothers, all the bothans are cousins.
>Session starts off with us in a warehouses. Fighting thugs that we have no idea who or what they are.
>Combat runs smoothly. A clean firefight against minions
>Post firefight reveals they were legitimate bounties we were collecting (this becomes important later)
>we collect them and then we are told to meet up with our employer, a Stormtrooper Commander who wanted to "clean up the streets"
>Why he didn't just arrest me on sight when he hired me is beyond me, maybe we were hired anonymously.
>we go there, only to find his dead corpse
>>
>>43609852
>As if on cue, His Clone Second (also important for later) in command and a regiment of royal guards come in and arrest us for murder. Even the other PCs realized that they're fucked
>we are arrested and put into jail
>we are told to await trial
>The Other PCs start to plan an escape
>Tell them I got this
>Next Day
>Trial starts
>DM rattles on about how you squandered our chance to escape
>Other PCs who were with me on this plan begin to Bitch solely because he started to.
>I was just going to leave it up mostly to dice, but now since I'm going to RP the everloving shit out of this.
>"What time did the Murder happen ?"
>"8:30"
>"When did we collect the bounty at the guild hall ?"
>"8:30"
>He says this absentmindedly, he's quite bored and has long since stopped caring.
>"Well, by logic, it's obvious we couldn't have done it, we were at the guild hall "
>I'm not sure if he's in character or not but he asks me "So What ?"
> I asked more about the Murder Scene, its pretty much unforgettable, but I learn that victim's Droids were deactivated
>None of us have ion anything
>I then ask about who else was near, unsurprisingly, the Clone who arrested us was the only one there.
>I ask what his gear ?
> "The shit they had in that cg cartoon. Could you hurry up ?"
>"judge, I know who committed this crime, It was that Clone Guy at the scene. Not only was he there before us, he has standard Clone "Droid Pop'ers" which emit ion blasts which is something we have no capability to do"
>He decides to roll a daunting skill challenge, with a unexplained setback
>Despite this, I succeeded with a triumph
>"Get the fuck out Anon"
>>
>>43609148
are there only 2 of you playing, why do you need scum?
>>
>>43609733
I try to avoid big ships. Smaller ships, save for maybe the Outrider, typically are more fun to fly imo, and you can do it.

How much are you willing to spend?
>>
>>43608806
Z-95: cheap filler. Or useful as a missile-carrying alpha striker. The named pilots are meh, and generally exist to kill Stealth Devices or be an expensive filler that hands out extra actions. Z mini-swarms aren't bad, either. But there's nothing flashy about the Z.

E-Wing: expensive super fighter. The generics suck balls, but Corran can be built to be pretty mighty. E'tahn is alright, but basically a "you should just use Corran". It's the only ship with both a System and an Astromech slot. Think about that for a second...

Tie Phantom: the assassin stealth ship. So good, it needed to be brought back into the maneuver phase. Phantoms are murder, but need to be flown well. Generics *can* work, but rely on Stygian Particle Accelerators to do so. The aces are where it's at, but they NEED Advanced Cloaking Devices and Veteran Instincts. No other EPT should ever be used.

Defender: empire super fighter. White K-Turns are fucking crazy, but the ship doesn't enjoy taking tight turns. And it's greens are only straight, making it susceptible to stress builds. Still, it can be pretty solid. Tie Ion Engine Mk II from the Punisher kit was pretty much designed with the Defender in mind.
>>
>>43609961
Firespray is pretty fun to fly, for Scum at least. Scum Kath wrecks face.
>>
>>43610042
Honestly, all the scum ships look fun to fly. I was lucky/unlucky enough to get into it just before scum released, so I wound up with rebels, the guy who got into it with me went imps, and the next 3 people went scum.

>>43609996
I keep trying to E'tahn to work. It seems like he'd pair well with lots of lower ps gunships but trying to fit things with his point cost after upgrades is a pain.
>>
>>43610126
E'Tahn's ability is sadly rather lackluster when you get down to it. It might help Ten Numb, but you might as well instead give him a Mangler or Calculation and call it a day.

Corran's only 3 points more, can double-tap, and has a mighty PS 8 (compared to E'Tahn's 5). So really if you're looking at an E-Wing, Corran's the one you really want to be looking at...
>>
>>43609852
>>43609887
That sounds like a generally shit experience with a generally shit GM. Doesn't actually sound like the players did as much wrong as their ringleader, though not bothering with backstories--and half-assing it when called on it--was pretty dumb. It sucks that the couple of them turned against you, but that sounds more like they're afraid to get on their mean GM's bad side.

Overall you sound like you tried. Some guys just have a different sense of what's fun. I don't understand theirs, but if it works for them, it works for them I guess.
>>
>>43610271
Shame, after the DM finished ranting on how I ruined his campaign by getting his BBEG arrested and kicking me out, 3 out of the 6 apologised to me. They were alright dudes.
>>
>>43610378
Also a good example of how the GM is really not used to having his actual plot questioned if it was so easy to get around his plot points. It was a miserably easy thing to see through and it was clearly designed to just railroad you guys to Kessel.
>>
>>43610378
Sadly there are just some people who aggressively refuse to think outside the box and take it super personal when you go off their over-planned rails. I have a player like that who is a crap GM and pulls that bullshit all the time, but I'm using the combined powers of Star Wars and alcohol to try to show him the light.
>>
>>43587652
>Downloads: 0
>For all of them

Is this a trap?
>>
>>43610629
Would Anonymous lie to you?
>>
>>43610502
The best GMs are the ones who can adapt to their players and adjust the plot accordingly. Especially in EotE or any of the other FFG games, as anything can happen, and its mainly a story-telling RPG. Our GM had this great plan set up on our groups rescue mission, he set up contacts, laid out maps and traps, got a bunch of dialogue with NPCs that we would have to talk to and so forth. We sent two of our guys ahead of our party to meet the contact and gather information, except they forgot the entire mission, and ended up going straight to the Imperial governors building. Through a bunch of ridiculous deception, coercion, and computers checks, they ended up getting a meeting with the Imperial Governor. A few coercion checks and a thermal detonator later, he surrendered the planet.
>>
>>43609953
I don't think we "need" scum. But you know where you are, don't you? Are they less fun than imps and rebs?
>>
>>43610670
Yes.
>>
>>43609961
~$150. If I spend more than a hundo I'm keeping some for me though.
>>
I'm considering maybe trying DM for those 3, start them off on Saga Edition, they'd be more familiar with that i think
Any plot ideas you guys have unused in your head I could borrow ?
>>
>>43610378
This is a prime example of how to be a bad GM. You need to be liquid as one. Willing to roll with whatever fucked up shit the PCs do. BBEG gets arrested first session? That's a GREAT lead-up for having the BBEG hate the PCs even more! He could have had him use his contacts to erase the charges a week later, or buy off the judge, and begin a smoldering hate for the bounty-hunters that "one-upped his grand plan of getting themselves executed for the crime he committed!"
>>
>>43610629

Looks like other people have downloaded them just fine. I can pretty definitively say that my tech skills are abysmal enough that I would have no idea how to fuck with other people through technology.

Nevertheless, there's other torrents for these out there, I just posted this to save other people the trouble. With the new movie coming out, I figured people should have the opportunity to rewatch the old ones sans Lucas edits.
>>
>>43610844
Try something basic. Maybe a KotOR-based "travel to many worlds in search of the key to discovering and destroying a great weapon or evil, with foes trying to stop you all along the way."

I'm thinking maybe some sort of ancient ship made by a lost civilization--SW certainly has enough room to add in anything you'd like on that front--that acted as a super-weapon. It drains the Force energies of a planet or civilization, leaving the area a husk of a world. Maybe it feeds its commander, turning them into a Force juggernaught?

The party could maybe go to a few major and a couple minor planets looking for either alliances or clues on how to locate this ship. I'm thinking the final battle could be over Coruscant.

In the campaign I had planned around this, the ship was discovered by a force-sensitive terrorist who realized that so many of the galactic-spanning wars all throughout history were partially caused by governments formed around Coruscant. So he wants to destroy the planet's populace utterly, and whatever government was on it, throwing the galaxy into a degree of chaos, allowing individual planets to form their own independent states.

I had the campaign idea set in some relatively untouched Old Republic age, or maybe some time between the Old Republic games and the Prequel films. It could even be just before the Prequel film plots. I have players that quite like the Imperial Remnant era, and I enjoy that myself, but there's a lot of EU going on then so it would be harder to blend the plot in.

The terrorist in question was from one of the planets effected by a war started by the Coruscant-focused government of the placed era. His family slain, his homeworld trashed, he runs off into the Unknown Regions and finds this ship--and the possibility for his revenge.

Anyway, it was just a vague idea. Take and dispose as you need/want.
>>
So I want to start playing the RPGs game with some friends.
What are the mandatory things I need to buy?
>>
>>43610983

Dice.

Download all the books from the OP link and have them on a tablet or laptop or something for quick reference. Print out character sheets, too.
>>
>>43610844
>>43610972
The terrorists plan isn't great, and that's partially what stopped me from really finalizing any details. I mean, he kind of just assumes that everything will work itself out when Coruscant dies. He's fed off his emotional torment and blind desire for revenge, and he just assumes that once the smoke clears everything will be fine.

I had him planned as a Dark Side Force-user without realizing what he was. He wasn't a Sith or a Dark Lord or anything like that, he was just sensitive enough that the ship powered him and he relies on his rage to manipulate this new power. The ship--maybe self-aware and evil to a degree, but that would rip off the Star Forge a bit hard--needs a conduit to really reach its full potential, and it's powerful enough to super-charge any Force sensitive person.

I also wanted to come up wiht a secondary plan in case the party felt he was correct, but I never got that far. The guys I play with wouldn't be evil enough to let the biggest metropolis planet be destroyed for political chaos, but I wanted to be prepared anyway instead of just telling them "no," if they want to flip their usual attitude on things.
>>
>>43610927
It also sounds like the GM didn't have any plans for what to do if PCs went off the rails even within the context of the intended game outline. Usually a good adventure plan has a lot of wiggle room before it is 100% completely different from what you were prepped to run.
>>
>>43610788
If you just go imps and rebs, two core sets, mix and match or pair up on one, your choice, and rebel and imperial aces is good to go.

I could see two core boxes, scum and villainy, and then another y or hawk plus a firespray being the cheapest way to put together a 100 point list for each faction with a bit of variety to go around.

These won't give you the latest and greatest builds but it will let you try a variety of play styles and give you some fun casual lists to work with. It also leaves you money to spend as you want-you can always add on individual ships to either of the above at your choosing.

>>43610844
An ace rebel pilot needs a live ewok and will pay handsomely, even more so if the ewok can fly.
>>
File: RoughDraft.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
RoughDraft.pdf
1 B, 486x500
Hey... /tg/ its been a while. i doped a big list of characters for a fic im starting, but after a devastating setback, im only just now getting back to writing it. Would you guys still be interested in a story about a Jedi who slowly becomes a just and honorable pirate king, attacking the empire and using the force to influence his actions. I can repost the characters if anyone is interested.

Also prologue attached. If it seems too brief, ive been cutting it down and focusing less on MC's sorrows about o66 and more or less just setting the stage for his start on Belderone .
>>
>>43610844
EoTE or AoR?
>>
>>43609887
>>43610271
>>43610378
Here's an option he should have taken:
>SURPRISE, BITCHES! The Clone is actually innocent because someone fudged the murder report/autopsy! He was just there investigating the sound of shots.
>Likely suspect is someone who has enough clout to change records and make the Clone take the fall without arguing.
>New campaign: Prove the corruption of the Stormtrooper Commander and this time, even the facts won't save you.
>Next time on Law and Order: SWU
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 66

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.