[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fallout 2k: BoS best Army
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 10
Continued from: >>43793405
So anyone have jumped on the bandwagon and brought a new OP Fallout 4 army or are you also against fielding the newest OP Units?
>>
>>43879760
Any updates on the homebrews?
>>
>>43879760
So, i recently tried fielding frank horrigan for the first time. Mixed results. The guy is a huge point-sink, 'you bring Frank, your strategy is Frank' kinda deal, and if you loose him youre pretty much out of the game.
I mean, dont get me wrong, the mofo can melee deathclaws and outgun full paladin squads by himself, but he is awefully vulnrable to Giant-killer weapons like Fatman heavy weapons squads or first recon lines. Plus he is kinda slow, so vertibird transport is pretty much mandatory. Good thing its a speciality of the Enclave i guess.
>>
>>43879760
Deathclaw Pack reminds me of VC Blood Bus.

I love it.
>>
>>43881479
Yea, Frank seems like more of a large game kinda guy, or multiplayer if you decide to do team games.

Speaking of, I was part of a small Doubles tournament the other day; I teamed my army of Raiders with my little brother's Ghouls. Basically I brought the firepower, and my little brother brought hordes of Feral Ghouls and a few Creatures of the Wasteland as melee beatsticks.

It was weird at first trying to figure out how our armies (Forces we normally fought against each other with) would work together, but we eventually got it to where he would take fire/ distract the enemy, and I would gun down anything trying for our objectives. It worked out alright but we would still get absolutely stomped by more elite or tougher hordes.

We got absolutely destroyed by a Brotherhood of Steel/ Supermutant army, it was insane. Tabled by turn four.
>>
Who's the worse fanbase cancer - the bandwagon faggots who play BoS, or the hipster "I'm so different, get a load of me!" faggots who play the Outcasts (who are EXACTLY the same except colours and some minor comp details)
>>
>>43881899
The players that constantly harp on about using superior strategy to win while playing NCR/ Rangers
>>
>>43881834
Yeah Frank is great in multiplayer matches. They arent as well balanced since you can ignore standard ally rules and support him with, a ghoul horde or, as of fourth edition, Abuse the institute relay mechanic and always cover him in disposable gen 1 synths.
Speaking of which man, the institute really turned out to be a powerhouse. Their gen 1's are disposably cheap, but still easily comparable to NCR troopers, and because the institute can deploy anywhere on the map at any time, theyre tabling range or defense based comps on like turn 3. dont even get me started on Coursers man.
>>
>>43881976
Yea I hear that they're quickly becoming a top tier army up there with Enclave Vertibird spam.

Has anyone tried the new Legendaries for the updated Creatures of the Wasteland? I heard they're pretty powerful, and with the customization options you can get a lot of power out of them. I'm tempted to make a Legendary Mirelurk and armor up but it would still die to Precision shots from Rangers ignoring its armor.

Its a real shame, we always get these updates for Raiders and Wasteland creatures but BoS and Enclave are still stronger 8 times out of 10.
>>
>>43882174
Im not a huge fan of the legendaries. Youre basically relying on getting a mutation roll in a fortunate situation. Sometimes your legendary deathclaw mutates a single hit away from death,in the middle of the enemy line. Other times it takes a single 50.cal hit and triggers its mutation before its even close to the enemy.
>>
File: Fallout System 0.121.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Fallout System 0.121.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>43880568
>>
>>43882375
Will put Chem infront of the army list and update the General list with the changed weaponry values
>>
>>43882375
Sweet. Any idea when you'll be able to add in stuff like the enclave, BoS, minutemen, institute, ect.?
>>
>>43881976
that relay mechanic is honestly overpowered as fuck, purely because they can run the range of the entire map. I mean, I'd be relatively fine with it as a mechanic if there were some limits on it, like a minimum distance from enemies and not being allowed to port inside buildings, but since you can just drop them wherever you want, you can just spam them out the ass and deny your opponent any objective whenever you want.

>>43882174
The new Legendaries system is actually pretty neat, all things considered. Previously, everyone but Wasteland critters got at least some kind of customization, but with this, we can now actually play around with building a descent list without having to go Deathclaw spam or, god forbid, Cazadors.
>>
File: Sad centurion.jpg (134 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
Sad centurion.jpg
134 KB, 768x1024
>MFW Caesar's Legion still doesn't have a new army list
>>
>>43884424
I know that feel anon
>>
File: 1420080115551.png (224 KB, 500x330) Image search: [Google]
1420080115551.png
224 KB, 500x330
Is this shit real or am I being expertly rused.
>>
I have been lurking these threads for a while and I still don't actually know what is going on.
>>
>>43885639
I'm not sure either, there's like a rules pdf up in the thread but I still can't tell what's up
>>
I don't care what other people say Charron is a beast for objective games just make sure his handler doesn't get axed and your golden, hell even if s/he does just kill his new one and get him back.
>>
>>43881479
Can the Enclave field Deathclaws? They should be, lorewise.
>>
>>43885639
Yeah i had the same thought.. Is this like with chapter master?
>>
>>43884424
Purely because of the sheer amount of bitching we got from people about the Legion being 'evil'.
>>
>>43885639
>>43886976
>>43887064
It started out like Chapter Master, but now an enterprising Anon is making skirmish rules to fit with Brother Vinni's excellent models.
>>
When are we getting Enclave?
>>
>>43888137
You don't get Enclave, they're a dead faction so you'll be overwhelmed by power creep till your old rules are useless.
>>
>>43883392
BoS will be in the next one, I'll then focusing on translating stuff from Fallout 3 over while including legions and tribes when I get around it. (Got the mechanics written down)
Minutemen and the institute I have put off as I have no personal experience with those, but if many people do want to have that now I'll eing it by reading up on it.
>>
What is this and how do I into this?
>>
>>43887051
They can, but only enslaved deathclaws, which are statistically the same, but significantly more expensive.
>>
File: save the effing sugar bombs.jpg (165 KB, 800x430) Image search: [Google]
save the effing sugar bombs.jpg
165 KB, 800x430
What's the fluff power relation between individual Enclave, BoS Power Armored Soldiers, Veteran Rangers, Deathclaws and Sentry Bots?

Like, is an Enclave worth 1.2 Deathclaws or what?
>>
>>43889778
i think Deathclaws come top, enclave are better equiped than a BOS soldier of level, but not as skilled perhaps, and rangers could beat them if they can get the drop on any of them, but not in a straight fight.
>>
>>43889778
Ranger vets are probably the most hardcore fuckers there, but not as well equipped. enclave troops are easily the most well equipped. BoS are just enclave light, but more zealous. Sentry bots are about as well armed as a brotherhood paladin, but being simple AI theyre very stupid. Deathclaws are certainly dangerous, but its already been demonstrated that well organised and equipped units of all the afformentioned fanctions can clear out deathclaw nests. When they arent busy fighting each other, that is.
>>
File: image.jpg (305 KB, 1080x658) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
305 KB, 1080x658
I was thinking about the Raider Armies.

Legion , great Khans get their own codex of course.

But what about the small clans? Pit-slavers, vipers, jackals? I think they should become special units.

Ashur could be a leader or something.
>>
>>43889997
I want to field Cook-Cook !!

BURNING ASSHOLES!!!
>>
>>43889951
How about: if a enslaved Deathclaw gets injured it has to make a roll a small chance to go haywire and attacks EVERYTHING next to it. This could lead to hilarious chainreactions if someone fields a bunch of Deathclaws.
>>
>>43890021
Cook Cook is just a Raider lieutenant with a Flame, Incinerator and Metal Armor. What more do you need?
>>
File: assaultron.png (172 KB, 841x426) Image search: [Google]
assaultron.png
172 KB, 841x426
Is the Assaultron the most over priced model in the game? No one uses it, like, at all.

How can you ever make their points back?
>>
>>43890558
Its priced reasonably for the most part. Its base body is comparable to a raider veteran, but with a better DR score and access to robot-exclusive costumisation. The problem has always been their eye laser. Its mandatory and effectively counts for 45% of their point costs, making it weaker and more expensive than a gatling laser.
>>
File: image.jpg (155 KB, 809x1010) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
155 KB, 809x1010
>>43890558
Nobody knew they exist before FO4.

Except maybe House. House should get its Army anyways.
>>
File: enclave synth.png (70 KB, 1400x1500) Image search: [Google]
enclave synth.png
70 KB, 1400x1500
>>43887051
>>43881479
Deathclaws, primarily enslaved one, and going by the variant timeline rules where they somehow wind up in DC you get ones with mind control implants that are vulnerable to characters that can take control of Synths and cyborgs.

Fielding Synths is proving to be interesting, they're different from Institute synths, a little bit like ghouls with their "chance to not die on a fatal attack if you roll X" rule but otherwise are pretty much heavy infantry
>>
>>43890820
>Mister House Hologram/Securitron HQ that jumps from Securitron to Securitron if it gets destroyed.

>Liberty Fucking Prime

This would be hell to fight.
>>
>>43889997
eh honestly Khans don't deserve their own Codex. The Vault Dweller wiped them the fuck out on One, the Chosen did the same to them in 2. In new vegas their entire story was "pissed off the NCR and got our shit pushed in."

really you'd just want a dynamic codex for raiders with rules on play styles like guard have for penal legions and shit.
>>
>>43891044
This was my idea , yes.

In my head canon the Khans should use Motorbikes and Bow&Arrow.

At least bikes.
>>
>>43890968
Mister house gave up on liberty prime, so theres a reason he's a brotherhood exclusive unit.
He is epic varient play-only anyway.
>>
>>43891105
they'd be fairly mobile probably, horses or bikes. Firearms are decently common in universe so those would be on hand but minor units could use spears, bows, slings etc.
>>
>>43891134
Yeah you are right. Khans use Firearms, have snipers and they have enough technoskill to produce drugs.

Spears and Clubs are more Legion-like.
>>
>>43891362
even in One the Khans had gathered together shotguns, pistols, and rifles. The lower ranked members of the tribes were using knives, spears, and knuckle dusters but the Khans weren't shy of using guns where possible.

unlike the legion it was a matter of finding a gun and getting the ammo. In the legion it's a "prove yourself worthy" thing.
>>
Even though this will remove some of the fun:
There is no real Fallout 4k this was just a thread a week ago where 1 Person pretended to play the game and many joined in make-up stories.
Some People >>43882375 (this one is skirmish and objective based ) made some rules others (including variants where using vetbirds is possible) are still working in secret.
>>43882375 This one is still in the beta, having 2 beta Scenario for balancing purposes and army list for settlers, NCR, Powder Gang, Great KHANS and the generic Raider one.
>>
>>43890115
Brahmins, and his cooking needs his own skill
>>
Guys we already have a skirmish fallout game

http://worldsendpublishing.com/this-is-not-a-test/
>>
Two words: Mutant Army.

Supermutants, Nightkin, Centaurs, behemoths & eastcoast mutards as cannon fodder.
>>
>>43890558
looks like Sexual Assaultron
>>
>>43881479
>arms comically larger than legs
>wasp waist
>dem tiny hooves
>signed by robbie
>>
>>43895172
Only muties have leg days...are you a mutie anon?
>>
>>43890968
>>43891106

Nah, House can still run a Liberty Prime unit, but only in Epic games, unlike the Brotherhood, who can use him whenever they want (which is pointless, because he's a massive points sink and gets dogpiled without support).
>>
>go from pre war lawyer/homemaker to super mutie killer in a week

fem lone survivor so OP
>>
>>43882375
Vet rangers can't take anti-material rifles

You goofed
>>
>>43901589
well shit
>>
>>43889778
Vets are killing machines and rip power armor faggots open like tin cans, though they aren't as durable, they are mobile as fuck and can abuse cover better than any other unit in the game.

Deathclaws are CQC monsters and love to wade into the gore.

BoS are solid all around and great defense, but don't have the kill potential compared to the others on the list.

Enclave are BoS but better (also more expensive)
>>
Friendly reminder that THE BURNED MAN WALKS NEW ZIONIST MORMONS REMOVING NCR
>>
>>43904099
reminder that THE GREAT DIVIDE
>>
>>43900464
I still think that's the most retarded plot development out of all of Fallout's lore.
>>
>>43905487
Explanation: She maxed out the male's approval and got his military companion perk.
Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.