[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fallout 2k: Retro Fallout best Fallout
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 15
Continued from: >>43746001
>>
File: Fo4_Concept_Pip-Boy_Mk4_Build.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Fo4_Concept_Pip-Boy_Mk4_Build.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
>>
File: Mutiememe.png (293 KB, 507x438) Image search: [Google]
Mutiememe.png
293 KB, 507x438
>>43793405
Daily reminder, Enclave Best Clave
>>
I spend half an hour judt formatting my fuckin list.
In an hour or so I'll be done
>>
>>43793405
Daily reminder the Brotherhood are a shit faction.
>>
Anyone of the anons homebrewing a system made any progress?
>>
Now that there is actual homebrew being worked on isn't the lame roleplay particularly pointless?
>>
>>43795655
I don't see why not? The homebrew is just starting out, so there isn't going to be too much to discuss.
>>
Fallout on /tg/?

Bumping this shit
>>
>>43795092
There was one in the other thread.
>>
File: Fallout System 0.115.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Fallout System 0.115.pdf
1 B, 486x500
I have rushed the next update out.
Things are kinda chaotic and the layout is still shit.
Damage and AP was revised
>>
>>43793405
So /tg/, what is the best Raider supplement?

The Pitt, Paradise Falls, Great Khans, Vipers & Jackals, Powder Gangers or Fiends?
>>
>>43800322
Gunners.
>>
>>43793405
I just love Mr. House.
>>
>>43800322

Great Khans, although there's no word yet on whether they're going to Montana or if they're being "relocated" by the NCR yet. Really the whole army's viability is dependent on the next codex.
>>
>>43800700
Aren't the Gunners just the mercs units from the Raiders in general? They haven't got any specific units beyond some fluff bits.

>>43801052
I doubt they're just gonna knock off a faction that has technically been around since the early eds. Them moving to Montana is completely sensible, although I hope they keep them as part of the Raiders army, rather than building an entirely new faction army for them. They really don't have enough unique pieces to justify it.
>>
>>43799033
The mistakes of the NCR doctrine and outfit are btw fixed.
Just take this version with a grain of salt and hold judgement for 6 hours when can get around to post 0.12
>>
>>43801411

I don't know, combining raider fighting with tribal ways and a splash of Followers' science could make for a pretty diverse and powerful faction. Might even replace Caesar's Legion next edition.
>>
>>43801522
I doubt they're going to be replacing the Legion anytime soon, especially since they left all those gaping hints to a civil war occurring inside Legion territory over the death of Caesar following the 2nd Battle of Hoover Dam. Maybe split special rules over whichever side (probably Legate Lanius v. however they choose to counter him)?

>>43793405
I heard that the Minutemen were getting a new special character. "Sarge", which is apparently going to be a Sentry Bot with massive bonuses to defense and can apparently count as cover to other Minutemen units.
>>
>>43801666

Take it from a playtester for ol' "Sarge"; he malfunctions a lot more then he is useful. Worth the risk, but the risk is great.
Hell, I think the only player who managed to un-malfunction Sarge was one who had a heavily nerdified Sole Survivor and even then it took out the players Ronnie Shaw and the unit she was leading, which turned a winning game into a losing one
>>
>>43793706
Man, why does the best armor have the ugliest helmet?
>>
>>43800322
The Pitt. Best part of F3
>>
>>43793706
I saw a newspaper headline the other day. It said "Another man beaten in Dallas gay enclave."

All I could think was "this never would have happened in gay Brotherhood of Steel."

Has the internet ruined me?
>>
>>43800322
I've always been a fan of Paradise falls against people who have never played against them. The extra victory points from captures has won a lot of games for me, though it doesn't take long before people can play around that. But since nobody plays slavers, because they're painfully low tier, there's always the chance I can find someone who doesn't know what to do and falls right into my clutches.

Then it's back to using them as other scum factions.
>>
>>43795092
Wargamefag here. Working about 50 hours a week, plus balancing nanowrimo and this. So, progress? Yes. Noteworth progress? uhh... sorta?

I have assembled a list of Perks. Now I just need to decide if I want to format them like Warhammer's list of USRs, or if I want to make most perks be unit-specific and then just let the Unnamed Characters take perks from the big list.

Unrelated: I don't have FO4 because my compy a shit, so when it comes time to stat the Minutemen I won't know dick about ass.
>>
>>43801411
> I doubt they're gonna knock off a faction
FWIW, Devs have said they're never gonna do another Master's Army debacle. The armies that exist are as secure as they're gonna get. Khans might get hit by the nerf bat or "streamlined" again, but they're not going anywhere.
>>
File: Legate Lania.png (354 KB, 471x720) Image search: [Google]
Legate Lania.png
354 KB, 471x720
Are there any good models out there for representing a 63 version of the Legion? They wouldn't have to be strictly the same, just sort of similar, like light armour and swords with a variety of that theme, I just just kit bash guns in. Would be cool if the scale was bigger than normal models.

Or should I just use raiders? Though I don't think there's enough variety to make a whole army out of them, even with supplements and amateur greenstuff work.
>>
>>43807015
If only the daughters of Hecate got more than a bit of fluff in early legion codexes.
>>
It's all bollocks, innit? Lookit all these blokes runnin around, hauling desk lamps and oven coils. And that lot over in Megaton, worshipping a bomb. They gotta know it can't hear them. "Oh, lookit this here bomb. It's holy." Just a load of tripe.

> Carl Pilkington, the saddest Vault Dweller.
>>
>>43807015
Just use raiders.
>>
So has the fluff explained what happened with the Children of Atom? They were a silly little gag group in 3E now they're crazy AND militaristic wielding weird ass radiation spewing hair dryers.
>>
File: gentle.jpg (57 KB, 349x451) Image search: [Google]
gentle.jpg
57 KB, 349x451
Why is Joshua Graham so fucking OP? I was running Legion last week and got mowed down by this motherfucker.
>>
>>43812879
>Not reading up on the absurd bonuses he gets against the Legion

The Burned Man is the only decent option Tribal and Raider armies have against the Legion, because they get mulched in both close combat and range against the Legion.

>>43812607
They wanted more variety to the Raiders/Tribal faction again? Honestly, it seems like whenever BeeDubs wants to introduce a new faction but can't be bothered going through the rigmarole of creating an entirely new army, they just package them under Tribals and Raiders before leaving them to go back to the big main factions.

Although the introduction of the Institute was neat, it went through the exact same process, being under the Robot faction, while the Minutemen were the only ones to be stand alone, and even they're pretty useless without mixing in allies with them.
>>
>>43803717
Yeah well, I'm just happy that the Minutemen are getting some of their own heavy units in the first place. The only thing they have going for them is their artillery and Laser Muskets being beasts thanks to their crank charges.

It's a pain to either rely on bringing allies to every battle or investing in Artillery units, because those things are just cheap as all hell. Then again, the Minutemen do feel like an army governed by random chance, considering the musket crank charges and the artillery being able to roll off target accidentally.
>>
>>43813727
Fuck man, I was banking on Vulpes' move speed bonus to flank and dispatch them. Whatever, at least I wasn't as bad as that faggot who painted his Legionnaires blue and gold.
>>
>>43814069
>Using Vulpes
>Ever

Vulpes is fucking shit man. The only thing he has going for him is movement speed, and that's it. Invest in Lucius if you want to bog down a Burned Man lead army, and then hammer them from a distance. Yeah, Graham is scary, but you need to tie him up in multiple ways, and when he is, he becomes useless on the field as you just pick off everybody else.

Also, that better have been a hotrod blue and gold scheme for the Legionaries, otherwise it's shit tier.
>>
File: gentle hat 2.png (62 KB, 405x514) Image search: [Google]
gentle hat 2.png
62 KB, 405x514
>Be me
>Five months ago
>Went to buy a new Lanius figure at the local shop since the last one broke
>Three guys are playing a game of 2k, Freeside turf war scenario by the look & layout
>People are watching them play, one guy is even eating popcorn
>Thin dude with glasses is using The Kings
>Neckbeard is playing with Khans
>Muscular dudebro-looking guy with a scar over one eye is using Fiends
>Fiends that look straight out of the Shadowrun video games
>Neckbeard is red-faced and sweating, even though it's only 60 degrees inside
>Twig is rubbing his temple
>Dudebro is just smiling as he takes his turn, moving his Fiends up towards the last of the Khans
>That's when I realize that the dudebro has all four Fiend leaders on the field
>Cook-Cook is kamikaze-ing the Khans, Nephi and Motor Runner are intimidating the Kings so they can't move out of range, and Violetta is abusing the shit out of her dogs' scout rules
>Khans don't even have any leaders on the field
>The King is dead, nerfing the Charisma bonus normally available to The Kings
>No UC to back either of the two
>Game ends in a matter of minutes, neckbeard wobbles out on the verge of tears, twig too prissy to acknowledge his ass getting kicked in, and dudebro is grinning like a madman
>He puts on his oversized army surplus coat like a cape, packs up his figures, and is about to leave
>Tap him on the shoulder
>He turns to me, a glint in his eye
>I ask the tactical genius his name
>"The name's Creed."
>He exits the shop, lighting up a fresh cigar
I haven't seen him since, but I'm sure wherever that manly-looking cigar-chomping smug motherfucker is, he's making people roar out his name in anguish
>>
File: 5763428843_ce57f1f3a9.jpg (32 KB, 250x272) Image search: [Google]
5763428843_ce57f1f3a9.jpg
32 KB, 250x272
>>43814069
>Vulpes' move speed bonus
you deserved it
>>
>>43815247
He seems like an asshole desu.
>>
Man, I kind of hate myself for getting into Super Mutants way back in 1e.
Without the Master all we got going for is is toughness and big guns.
And yeah, sure, it was cheap as fuck and I'm actually glad they nerfed Orders, but what the shit?
Last game some fucking stealthed minutement, not even Stealth Boy stealth, just some scouts managed to bring down an expensive chunk of my army with silenced pistols.
Sure, the Behemoth destroyed them, but I was left with, like, 12 super mutants and the Behemonth and no leader.
And don't give me that "just use Nighkin" shit, the psychosis makes them worthless as anything but overpriced shock troops.
>>
So is there actually a fallout miniatures game? Or is this all like chapter master level imagination?
>>
>>43817838
You tell me.

>>43799033
>>
File: Fallout System 0.12.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Fallout System 0.12.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>43817852
Got the next version.
Raiders will require some more gear layout and I need to finish the left over themes.
Please do test the beta scenarios
>>
>>43817434

Marcus special pules man. As long as you have him on the field the Nightkin stay medicated and the psychosis rules won't hurt you as much as having invisible super mutants wrecking all kinds of shit will hurt your enemy. Marcus is a beast when it comes to survival, in the time it takes for anyone other than a Boone lead first recon FUCKING NCR CHEESE PLATOON to focus fire him down you'll more than make back your points with killer Nightkin.

Hell, there are even Tabitha builds that can work with Nightkin. Her "Send in more Dumb-dumbs" special can be devastating, nobody expects people to be able to use Super Mutant squads as cannon fodder.

I agree, it sucks that you pretty much have to take expensive leaders with Supermutants, and it can hurt like hell in a low point game, but come on there's a reason people complain about the Superslege fucktrain, they're still a very viable army.
>>
>>43817978
Do mind the gear list in the end is a bit old and please use the ones in the army list.
Also Ranger are suppose to exchange their Service Rifle for Marksman Carbine not Assault
>>
>>43817995

Yeah, I guess there's Tabitha and Marcus, but, man, I dunno.
I guess I just miss having Complex Orders, you know?
Shit, I would drop an embarrassing amount of money on a new Codex that let us do Teamwork Orders, you know?

Besides, if you want to cheese, you can always get some naked muties with a bomb strapped to them. No armor, but enough toughness to get close to the enemy and blow them to fuck and back.
The only defense against that is to spread people out or have all power armor BOS.
I guess it could be done if you got turrets in the right places, or maybe have a minigun for every four units.
Point is, barring having a 25% minigun army or full Tacticool BOS, it pretty much means the kill squads can Intimidate after surviving being shot at. With the bonuses from Flesh Sacks, your enemy is almost always going to flee and get wrecked.

Actually, have you guys noticed how most high CHA armies tend to have shit heavy weapons?
>>
File: 1363044116512.jpg (210 KB, 1200x1420) Image search: [Google]
1363044116512.jpg
210 KB, 1200x1420
>>43806025
>>
>>43817978
If I get done with this before Christmas I can work on the army version for those wanting this.
Or any of the other guys can post their WIP.
>>
>>43817978
Will definitely take a look at it in the morning. Keep up the good work anon. You are doing a great job.
>>
>>43808551
This is the first time in literally YEARS /tg/ has made me laugh.

Good job.
>>
Is anyone else spoiled by a certain faction. I can't stop playing as independent Vegas led by good karma Courier. Having access to securitrons, free side militia, 3 family gangsters, Jacob's town Super Mutant regulars, Boomers Artillery, Tribals from Zion, Ever more Robotics from Big Mt. Not to mention access to gear from Sierra Madre + Owb. And God knows the disgusting things you can do with the Divide addition. So much versatility in one book makes it hard to justify buying any other

[Spoiler] My own homebrew is coming along slowly, although it's shaping toward a much smaller, more customized experience that I thought it would be.Much more necromunga than 40k [/spoiler]
>>
>>43813795

Oh don't get me wrong, I'm happy they're getting more named and/or heavy units since I play them too. Hell, remember when they released the codex WAAAAAAAY before any of their special characters had purchasable miniatures? At that early stage you either had the Sole Survivor or "The General" (which, let's face it, is a specialized Minutemen SS) and I was pleased when Preston and Ronnie were finally released. Gave the force some more variety.
>>
>>43793405
am i the only one that thinks those are zaku feet?
>>
>>43817434
>NOT USING ALLIES

While Enclave allies are bullshit in both lore and gameplay terms, if you really want to fuck with your opponents, just bring an Enclave scientist. The Nightkin's Psychosis rule falls under the same jurisdiction as Enslaved Deathclaw's Ravenous rule, and the Scientist can remove it when he's in range.
>>
>>43818532
The point of that edition was to play the army off against itself, i.e everybody in the Mojave versus everybody else in the Mojave.The fact BW didn't specifically regulate NV lists to limit the potential cheese is a massive oversight on their behalf. Using them all together to just WAAC is dickish man.
>>
File: 8_of_Hearts.jpg (71 KB, 370x515) Image search: [Google]
8_of_Hearts.jpg
71 KB, 370x515
>>43817978
I'm here to talk about game stats again.

Just wanted to mention that the NCR Veteran Rangers in the game are actually really tough. having HP ranging from 225-370 with a natural 30% resistance to damage and their 24 damage threshold armour. They have 100 Guns, Unarmed & Sneak skill and they never have a melee weapon, just their fists. The Ranger Sequoia is given only after 20 years of service, so they've been fighting for a long time.

The NCR Heavy Troopers can have HP between 290 to 465, less SPECIAL stats but are Skilled in Big Guns and Melee with Super Sledges.

The only Legion soldiers that could challenge them are the Praetorians and Assassin hit squad. According to some video I watched while bored, the difference between who wins between Rangers and Praetorians depends on whether they're fighting in an enclosed room with nowhere to run or out in the open. The Rangers are individually more powerful than the 3 Fiend Bosses, only Motor-Runner could fight one.

The thing about the Rangers is that they're the Box Art model, so they would typically be one of the most powerful units. Though I can understand that you might not want to make them as powerful as they are in the game.
>>
>>43820226
Yeah, I could try to increase their stats a bit to bring them closer to the game but that would also warrant increase of points as well leading to them being unattractive to field.
A increase of gamesize would remedy that but with a higher pointvalue thode armies who already have more then 10 guys on the table (settler, tribes, raiders....) may get overwhelmed if they get even more.
Even now bookkeeping can become troublesome.
But if enough people want them improved or want a higher pointvalue (for thid system (I'll not include birds amd such) they should say so and I cam remedy it.
>>
File: enclave tesla trooper.jpg (178 KB, 755x1057) Image search: [Google]
enclave tesla trooper.jpg
178 KB, 755x1057
why is it the only people I ever see fielding Enclave are russians? Also fuck any BoS players that take vertibirds, they need to curtail that shit and give BoS less advanced gunships and focus on shit like airships and Arty.

Getting sick of seeing looted Vertis in enemy armies. I swear I saw some cunt trying to field a Legion verti last game.
>>
>>43820226
I'm reading through it now, and it'd probably help to switch a few sections around, mostly moving Chems before the army lists (with a note on which forces can use them) and a general glossary of weapons + stats.

Other than the layout, it's coming along quite nicely.
>>
>>43821408
Will keep that in mind.

Next version I'll probably put new vegas and the left over armies (legion, tribes, new caanites, The strip, maybe caravans) on hold and move over to fallout 3 (as I don't own 4 yet)
I will work with BoS but what should I pair them with in the first betascenario?
>>
>>43821505
Forgot the fallout new vegas armies of Ghost People, Marked men, various mercenaries and if someone has a great feeling about it Mojavan BoS. (Probably just a dub-army of the general BoS like an outfit)
>>
File: thumbbig-285176.jpg (231 KB, 700x438) Image search: [Google]
thumbbig-285176.jpg
231 KB, 700x438
>>43821114
>implying my first army wasn't enclave

Also veritbirds are really weak if you have the right tools to use against them. Missile Launchers will make really short work of them.
>>
File: Helios_laser.jpg (173 KB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
Helios_laser.jpg
173 KB, 1280x800
>>43821505
>I will work with BoS but what should I pair them with in the first betascenario
There's the fights against the NCR. You could have the battle around Helios One. It could be a stalling scenario with fresh waves of NCR Troopers entering the field every turn or as they die. If you hold out long enough Elijah activates the Archimedes II Laser, and we'll assume he has the Euclic C Finder already or he just finds some other way to fire it. Then it fires down onto the NCR. All surviving NCR flee and the Brotherhood wins. Doesn't matter that it can only be fired once a day, the NCR don't know that and the commanders declare a retreat.
>>
I'm thinking about finally getting into this game, but I can't decide on an army. After reading a lot of the fluff I really like the idea of building a Vault themed army (just imagine vault 108's army of Gary clones, or taking that nut job from 77 as a hero) but being a newfag, I don't know which army would be best suited for that. Suggestions?
Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.