[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Jumpchain CYOA Thread #889: Split the Party Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 68
File: Jumpchain Starter Kit.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Jumpchain Starter Kit.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>Google Drive
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&usp=sharing

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
http://client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=%23JumpchainCYOA
https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
http://pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread
>>47728409
>>
File: they never cared about you.gif (199 KB, 648x747) Image search: [Google]
they never cared about you.gif
199 KB, 648x747
>>47737066
Never split the party, not unless you want your party getting picked off or turned one by one.
>>
File: vlcsnap2011020122h14m02.png (279 KB, 704x396) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap2011020122h14m02.png
279 KB, 704x396
http://pastebin.com/0qzaNi3Z

Alright, this is my WIP for the first court and the first knight!

He's special, he'll be your rival throughout the course of the courts until the very last and final 'room' to clear, but I hope the format is clear at least!!
I'm working on the others, just had a loss of muse!
Please understand, and leave any comments, questions and concerns!
>>
>Jump 39: Percy Jackson
>Ace of Pentacles, reversed (The seed of luxury, debauchery, and physical gratification. May represent a gift, document, inheritance, or physical event.)
Well isn't THAT fitting.
>Age: 14
>Identity: Demigod (-300)
>Pantheon: Greek (Eris) (-50)
Hail Eris! We who are about to pull the wool over the other guys' eyes salute you.
>Drawbacks:
>Divine Disdain: Aphrodite (+100), Godly Grudge: Athena (+200), Marked for Sealing (+300)
Man. You would think that they'd drop the grudge after the Trojan War ended, but nooooo.
>Old Traditions: Greek (free)
>Minor Blessing (1200, demigod discount)
Blessing of Sigyn - resistance to acid. Not immunity, mind you, just resistance. Because somewhere up the line she's ... well, sorta related to me, and you know what? She's got a really tough job that she's stuck doing, and I'll happily express my gratitude to her for being awesome.
>Clear Sight (800)
Never hurts to be able to take a peek beyond the veil. As long as it doesn't make me spontaneously combust.
>Blood of Kings (400)
Aaand somewhere up the line, Loki did some weird stuff with my family. I'm not sure if he would be a great-grandmother or a great-grandfather... I mean, the dude's kids include a snake, a wolf, and a spider-horse. Which is awesome.
... and when the hell did he get away from acid being dripped on him all the time to impregnate (or get impregnated) anyway?
>Divine Child (Free, Demigod)
Insight into my parent's domains, eh? Well, she's a goddess of sowing discord and of conflict. I mean, it's not anywhere on the scale of having Ares as a dad... but it's definitely a thing.
>Glory to Me (0, Demigod)
Fight on par with gods? Even if they're not combat-focused gods, this is promising indeed. Perhaps I should be getting them to fight each other... fight smarter, not harder. As long as I don't accidentally kick off an apocalypse.
>>
>>47737129
Well, the card's definitely on the money this time - I've inherited a few gifts from Loki from further back in my family's bloodline, and who knows, perhaps that's what attracted Eris to be my mother. Since I've got the Water Mirror, it even means I can safely talk to the gods on occasion. I mean, I don't know what I'd really do except ask her what she'd want for mother's day, but it would be kind of nice to do.

Also probably planning to troll Athena and Aphrodite after it becomes clear that they're both cheesed off at me. I've got magic, maybe I'll create a golden apple. Marked 'to the furthest'. Which I will send to whichever is further away from me, and if one gets closer to me than the other, it'll teleport itself to the other one. I can imagine that won't end badly for me at ALL, but Greek gods are super petty.

Other than that? Pretty much going to hope that none of the other demigods decide to do stupid things at me, since I'm going to be stuck at camp with the rest of them, and fight against being sealed. Violently. They might not like what happens if they actually start looking like they have a chance of success, when faced with a demigod who can apparently fight on par with some gods.
>>
File: gandalf-10.jpg (51 KB, 662x399) Image search: [Google]
gandalf-10.jpg
51 KB, 662x399
>>47737066
>splitting the party
Tell me about the time you split up from your companions for your own fun and profit /jc/.

>>47736715
I don't mind redundant perks because either they'll stack, or they're slightly different enough that they'll be effective in different settings.

eg: I'd take bio-engineering and biokinesis, because knowing bio-engineering could make biokinesis more effective, and I might take drawbacks that turn off my supernatural power (the biokinesis) but not non-supernatural stuff.
>>
>>47736497
For the free gun would we get to choose the type of gun?
>>
Going ahead and re-posting this from last thread.
>>
>>47737106
So what's his theme gonna be?
>>
>>47737106
I feel like the "embrace/forsake" choice might be better served if you swap the words around. Depowering for the sake of the scenario would be forsaking the inheritance of all your jumps, while embracing your inheritance would mean relying on your history instead of letting Maki place this false dharma onto you.
>>
>>47737209
Well that is convenient
>For the free gun would we get to choose the type of gun?
>>
>>47737206
Honestly I had intended it to be a handgun but sure you can choose a different type of gun. Though I will say it's limited to stuff that you can get legally because I don't want people getting anything too crazy for free. So a rifle, or shotgun would be fine, a sub machine gun or Minigun is not.
>>
>>47737235
..Ah, that's an EXCELLENT point now that I think about it.

I'll consider it, I like your logic on this though!

>>47737210
Ah, yeah, I should mention each of the Knights has their own bit but

The Knights are all (except for Grey, who is sort of the Ace and the smartest of them all)
themed after the minor arcana
Grey is outside that theme, with an element reliant on the area around him and the 'tool' he uses being an orb

Red would be a fire/sword theme, Blue a water/cups theme, green a wind/wand theme, and yellow an earth/coin(hah) theme!
That's what I'm working with so far, though.
None of them are gonna be as intelligent as Grey about running away and regrouping, they'll fight you to the defeat/death
>>
File: doll.png (2 MB, 831x1500) Image search: [Google]
doll.png
2 MB, 831x1500
So who /are/ the best employers throughout the Chain, anyway?
>>
>>47737322
Jump-chan of course.
>>
>>47737322
A jumper would be his dream employee
SUCH A LUST....FOR DESIRE

WHOOOOOOOO!
>>
>>47737279
Well actually I was thinking type of handgun, there are a lot of different ones.
>>
Portalmancy from Shadow Ops say that you can create portals to dimensions "tangent"to your current reality. If so can I open portal to Root in Natsu? I try find way to get true magic. I would love to get 2nd or 3rd magic. But it that would work I think that I would get 2nd magic because I use dimensional manipulation to get to Root.
>>
>>47737106
Looks great. Just for the sake of clarity, though: Can the Grey Knight turn wood to stone on his own, or is that just happening because this fight is happening in a garden where mineral wealth grows on trees?
>>
File: Video of Crux's Conception.gif (982 KB, 477x360) Image search: [Google]
Video of Crux's Conception.gif
982 KB, 477x360
>>47737129
>Hail Eris!
Indeed.
>>
>>47737378
No, the Root isn't tangent to Nasuverse. It's orthogonal to it. You'd need an entirely different type of magical geometry to get to there.
>>
>>47737352
Ah wasn't sure but yeah any type of hand gun. I am not really a gun person so I am more than willing to let you choose.
>>
>>47737279
That jump is set in america, the permits required for a browning .50 cal are not hard to get. There are youtubers playing with big machine guns, full auto shotguns, and even armed tanks; well mostly armed, the main gun has to be disabled.
>>
>>47737378
Even if that worked, you would get a new magic, not one of the existing ones. One magic for each person that comes.
>>
>>47737386
That gif looks so wrong.
>>
>>47737381
The latter! He basically has an ability similar to Pokemon's Secret Power, in that his abilities will shift to suit the terrain.
Since he was in an area where Wood and Minerals were prominent, those were his abilities
Similar expressions will be had throughout the DLC and the ability will be defined more as you approach his boss battle and then subsequent Mercy/Slay choice
>>
>>47737429
But oh so right.
>>
>>47737386
wtf?
>>
>>47737434
Oh, cool. It sort of sounded like he had wood abilities and just the stone part was from the Garden. But if he's going to have different manifestations in each arena we fight him in, that's going to make for some fun encounters.
>>
>>47737425
So I would get 1st, 3rd or 4rd magic. Or I would get totaly diferent magic?
>>
>>47737449
It's a clip from the show, Billy is on her back basically doing the whole cowboy act. Yes it's meant to look like sex, they weren't shy about that kind of joke, especially not with Eris.
>>
>>47737453
...yeah I was thinking about that then i realized that'd be AWKWARD since the next few areas will include stuff like
Big molten metal rivers
and stuff
So I figured this might...fit better
>>
>>47737463
You'd get none of the 5 current magics. You'd get something different from all of them.
>>
>>47737402
That is incorrect, this is a youtuber blowing up cars with a tank's main gun. He also shoves a fucking potato down the barrel!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dhSYDZy2Yc
>>
>>47737482
Shit then I would need some kind generator for it and superpower wiki is shit.
>>
>>47737535
>expecting the superpower wiki to be useful for anything.
>>
>>47737535
Try this one http://www.springhole.net/writing_roleplaying_randomators/superpowers.htm
>>
>>47737535
Try reading up on how True Magic work first. There are things that will work as true magics and a lot of things that won't.
>>
>>47737638
Yes its need be some thing that people can't do having unlimited time and resources.
>>
Did anyone take the Genie in Disney Princess? And, if so, what did you wish for?
>>
>>47737638
Does anybody have any clues what the Fourth True Magic does? My guess is something to do with turning invisible, or memetically so, since everyone agrees it exists but have no bloody clue what it does.
>>
File: PMD.png (126 KB, 282x417) Image search: [Google]
PMD.png
126 KB, 282x417
>>47736724
-Thunderbolt
-Heal Pulse
-Heal Bell
-Hyper Voice

As a first jump. Benefactor decided to hijack the species choice (and the entire jump, at that) to make things more interesting.
>>
>>47737685
Nope.
>>
Bloodborne, with Blood Artisan Plus can you still make Quicksilver Bullets? How much blood does it require to forge a single QS Bullet? Are you limited to 20? Or can you put them in a magazine?
>>
>>47737770
Yes. Yes.
>>
>>47737770
>Quicksilver Bullets
do we have to kill someone from the Xmen for that?
>>
File: IT'S HIGH NOON.gif (2 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
IT'S HIGH NOON.gif
2 MB, 480x270
What happened to the cowboy and the robot?
>>
Reading a SI fic, it occurred to me: as a Drop-In Jumper, what are some good perks/items for quickly getting the "settting summary"? E.g. useful stuff like "the coastal waters in Half-Life are full of mutant piranha monsters", or "Materia in FF7 are nasty radioactive mutagens in their immature shard state".

Sort of a Hitch-Hikers Guide To The Omniverse, except for Jumpers?
>>
>>47738028
Precognition? You could probably ask just that sort of thing with Time magic from Mage the Awakening.

Other forms of precog may need you to imagine going to each place and seeing what would happen if you did go there.

I suppose one of the archive perks or items that give you books from the worlds you go to might also contain travel advice, but they tend to be for in depth research so you would need to devote a fair bit of effort to finding general threats like mutant piranha's on the coasts...

With all the jumps we have there has to be something that could help more, doesn't there?
>>
>>47737311
>>47737434
hey digger, I noticed that you mainly have to go with the take the place of the hero with I want to be the guy if you want all the Astroswitches why is that? I also noticed that the birth driver is available but not the meteor or Excel, why is that? Not criticisms just trying to understand your creative process.
>>47733654
tried it, didn't like it. Having a Vagina feels weird
>>47736724
Giga Impact ,Pain Split ,Earthquake ,Spiky Shield
>>
>>47738028
If the jump maker did a good job of the intro and setting, you should be slightly aware that "fire is indeed hot".

If you're willing to shell out 600/300CP for it, Lone Wolf jumpchain has the Universal Canon bookshelf that gives you the world view and media.
>>
>>47737477
sorry missed this one please check >>47738143
if you're still around
>>
>>47738028
I could have sworn there were a few perks that did stuff like that as well as items like journals, but I can't seem to find them except this one:

>Freegan Urban Legend from Infinicon [sic]
>As you travel to other worlds. This will turn into a knowledge of local hazards and skill at finding food and resting places in those cities,
>>
So I'm re-reading Dresden Files, has nobody pointed out that killing people with magic doesn't actually make you crazy and addicted to killing? All it actually does is empower evil metaphysically, yet people are operating under the assumption that it makes you crazy.

It's actually only ever mind control magic that's shown to corrupt you like that outright. So why are we more restricted than in-canon?
>>
>>47738028
FFXIII-2 has a Drop In perk that lets you summon a game show host to give you backstory and tips.
Dodgeball also allows you to buy a mentor that will appear in each jump, giving you some tutorship in things to know before inevitably dying.
>>
>>47738187
Speaking of Lone Wolf, anybody know if was it ever clarified whether the items you can buy like the Sommerswerd and the Moonstone were the originals or replicas?
>>
>>47738226
Because while killing people with magic isn't Instant Dark Side, there is still a slippery slope effect even if the slope for fire-balling someone isn't quite as bad as mind-mushing them.
>>
>>47738284
That's actually not true. Killing people doesn't do that. Enjoying killing people does. If you're the kind of person who derives joy from hurting people with magic, then you will start using magic to hurt people more. If you use magic to defend yourself, then there's no corruption at all.
>>
>>47738187
Definitely useful with a speed-reading perk.

>>47738208
Also very handy for covering stuff that might not be mentioned in the above.

>>47738236
And this. Cool.
>>
>>47738291
So why is it a law in series? The council definitely doesn't care if you kill people without magic, so why else would they make it a law?
>>
>>47738312
Because see what I said >>47738226
>All it actually does is empower evil metaphysically
>>
>>47738143
Meteor will be offered in Part 2 as well as a widespread selection of switches, toys, and new perks for Fourze people
The stuff you can get for Fourze in jump is a bit of a premium since he's not meant to be the focus and is instead a guest star and the last plot of the jump before about 4 years for aftermath and such
Accel is because I didn't know who to give it to
Accel's little brother is available in Blues Brothers and Accel himseld will be made available in the Fight for the future dlc
Even 2 shows of Neo-Heisei have a lot to offer so getting as much as possible in the jump without setting off some "That's not right" alarms was a bit difficult
I guess I'd have to say I was just trying to make sure there was a final product at all, yeah?
>>
>>47738291
Anon, that's why I used the term slippery slope. You /can/ navigate a slippery slope, but the risk is there and the longer you spend on the slope the more you keep risking yourself.

>>47738312
Because the Council is in a world with a lot of grimdark lurking around, they're outnumbered and under-resourced, and a corrupted wizard is a potential WMD.
>>
>>47738329
The term slippery slope is wrong. Killing in self defense does not corrupt you. At all. That's not a risk unless you enjoy yourself doing it. On top of that, we're talking about the jump, which says it absolutely will corrupt you absolutely, intent and reaction be damned, which isn't how it works.
>>
>>47738338
Well, good luck getting Wildcard to change his mind on a jump he's made. You're better off just ignoring it and doing what makes sense because it won't ever chance otherwise.
>>
>>47738338
You just said it yourself "unless you enjoy yourself doing it". And magic in the Dresdenverse is a rush. There's definite feedback. So unless you've got stone-cold self-control you're risking your primitive squishy organic brain conflating "killed my attacker" with "that felt good".

>we're talking about the jump, which says it absolutely will corrupt you absolutely, intent and reaction be damned

IF you keep doing it.
>>
>>47738376
>IF you keep doing it.
Two points. One, no, that's not part of it. Again, you have to enjoy it. Killing in self defense multiple times does absolutely nothing. Point blank. That enjoyment component is vital to it being a problem.

Two, no, the jump says if you do it at all. Even once.
>>
>>47738325
>Even 2 shows of Neo-Heisei have a lot to offer so getting as much as possible in the jump without setting off some "That's not right" alarms was a bit difficult
>I guess I'd have to say I was just trying to make sure there was a final product at all, yeah?

That's fair, next question: there be a timeline in the final version that tells you when all the DLC and movies happen right? Because I'm going to have all lot of schedule wrangling to do, also Medal, Please looks super OP against greed and yummys was this intentional?
>>
>>47738400
1. If you keep doing it, you keep _risking_ enjoying it. How hard is that for you to understand?

2. Bullshit. I've got the jump open in another window and unless you're a complete autist it's clear that it's a slope not a fucking cliff. What it does make clear is that the _Council_ generally doesn't take the chance that you haven't been corrupted, and it also makes clear that one of the "couple of exceptions" is "clear self defense".
>>
>>47738431
>How hard is that for you to understand?
Because you're mistaking what I said.

>Bullshit
>Violating one of the laws isn't just an awful thing to do, it's true black magic - the kind that stains your soul, permanently changing you into the sort of person who does break that law.
This outright says any breaking of the laws is true black magic (which is wrong but moving on), and that doing so will corrupt you. As we have both agreed, killing people and not deriving enjoyment from killing does not corrupt you.
>>
>>47738451
... Let me try again.

If a Dresdenverse Wizard goes around thinking "it's totally okay for me to kill with magic in self-defense", then they're basically greasing their own sled. They should instead be thinking, "yeah, in _theory_ my soul will be clean if I have to kill a fellow human being with my magic in self-defense, but I'd be a fucking idiot not to minimise the risk of discovering my self-control wasn't up to the task."
>>
>>47738364
Canon trumps jump wording.
>>
>>47738537
Anon, this entire conversation is about proving the basic principle then showing how the jump defies canon. You agree with me, even if I don't think it's as dangerous as you. So why argue? We shouldn't be fighting each other, as the problem is with the jump.
>>
>>47738547
Fair enough. The jump could probably most easily be fixed just by adding "risking" in front of "true black magic".
>>
>>47738583
Probably, that and noting in the next paragraph that accidentally killing someone is the same, only a problem if you enjoyed it, and only a breach of the rule in the council's eyes, not in the metaphysical sense that actually effects your soul.
>>
>>47738430
I wouldn't charge 500 for it if it wasn't meant to be a little broken. The only other thing remotely close to its cost is the ability to revive the dead and the ability to create more treasures. The prices aren't set in stone though and anyone who hasn't forsaken the Royal Points will have by the end of the jump around 1000-1500 so I may up everything by a smidge to reflect that
>>
>>47738599
yeah right now it just seems like you can will any greed dead, and since they are the primary antagonists that might have been a bit much, greatly looking forward to part two where I can find out what happens if I don't smash the throne. Also there tend to be deus ex machina power ups in climactic battles for the world, is that something we can expect to happen to us if we don't take the place of a hero? because that would be a damn good perk.
>>
>>47738652
Pretty sure the idea is that you can use telekinesis on any untended medals. You can't pluck them out of Greeeds and Yummies, only pull ones on the ground to and away from yourself.
>>
>>47738697
that seems good and balanced but that's not how it was written which is why I brought it to diggers attention, also note that in >>47738599 he states that it being super OP was intentional.
>>
>>47738723
Oohh you mean the telekinesis.

Yeah that wasn't meant to pluck in-use medals
Just ones you punch out of yummies and greeed
>>
>>47738792
and that's why thought it was OP, okay good to have that straightened out! Could you Please answer the questions in >>47738652 ?
>>
>>47738652
You probably won't get the super power ups unless you're taking Canon hero's place
You give me an excellent idea on how to handle Drop-in for Neo-heisei part 2: The magic of friendship though
>>
>>47738860
okay next question what if Dr Maki is dead or retired to "take a break and figure out some stuff" before this DLC because he is either getting my full on high-impact psychotherapy+ knockout or a bullet to the head, the dude is dangerous.
>>
File: Doctor_Maki.png (2 MB, 1440x810) Image search: [Google]
Doctor_Maki.png
2 MB, 1440x810
>>47738873
>
>>47738860
forgot the pic
>>
>>47737574
See the problem with this is I got "Your powers are manipulating emotions, near-invulnerability to physical damage, and transforming into a gelatinous form." on the first roll.
>>
>>47737685
I've always thought that the 4th True Magic had something to do with Destruction, kinda like the 1st can create stuff from nothing, the 4th would be able to completely annihilate something from existence.
So while the 1st is fucking up the Law of Conservation of Mass/Energy (namely that mass/energy can't be created/destroyed, only transformed) one way, the 4th would do it the other way.
But that's my personal fanwank, so take that as you will.
>>
>>47738873
read the beginning of the DLC
>>
>>47738917
I see. That fits in with the other theory I heard about it being linked to destruction of information.

Since its now established that popping over into the Root doesn't give you a True Magic but an entirely new True Magic, what methods are there of getting one of the five? I heard they could be taught or inherited, which is bad news for the 1st creation (apparently the inheritor is barely alive), the 3rd soul (lost, and the whole point of the Grail Wars), the 4th ???.

If you can track down Zelretch on a good day he might humor you with the 2nd Jumping, and the girl with the 5th Time hangs out in Moon Cell for Fate/Extra.
>>
>>47738873
in case you missed it
"(Note: This jump assumes both Kougami, Dr Maki, and Kougami Foundation are active at the time. If this isn’t the case, you may insert a new organization and head of that organization, the plot remains the same with different actors. Otherwise, it can take place as early as Episode 10 of Kamen Rider OOO’s plot, due to Dr. Maki’s place in this story.)"
This is basically saying that if you killed and ate Dr Maki or bought out Kougami Corp or whatever
that the plot goes on, just with different (probably OC) characters in place

it's not like there's one supergenius ever in the world
>>
>>47738946
It's not the actual Aozaki siblings in the moon cell. Even if it were, it's unlikely she'd have the magic anymore.
>>
>>47738944
>>that the plot goes on, just with different (probably OC) characters in place it's not like there's one supergenius ever in the world

okay that makes a bit of sense, sorry I had no idea who would be taking their place and that was mostly my question. Would it be too much to be replacing him yourself? Dr. Beatle is kind of a shoe in if I take the drawback that makes previous masked rider jumps Cannon .
>>
>>47738973
Fanwank it
>>
>>47738910
Then click again.
>>
>>47737322
Why is Kars in the background
>>
>>47735486
Who is Yuriko?

I only read up a bit on Accelerstor, his powers be awesome.

Difficult to use and I would try to keep alt form with it sorta separate until sufficient brain power and Autismo but still
>>
>>47739672
Yuriko is the name given to a female version of accelerator, because apparently some people wish accelerator was a girl.
>>
>>47739672
Yuriko Suzushina is genderbent Accelerator. She's even gotten official coverage.
>>
>>47739646
If I knew, I wouldn't be here discussing it with you, now would I?
>>
>>47739698
One thing you can always count on is people having shit taste in waifus.
>>
Jumpers, what were your builds for
Shin Megami Tenseigan jump
>>
>>47739646
Are you talking about the thing hovering in front of the Moon? Because that's just the Moon Presence.
>>
Hey, about the money perks like Teen Titans' Allowance where one gets US$ 100,000 or its local equivalent per month. Do these follow a Jumper? If so, how would it work?
>>
>>47738952
Hey Digger? In your view, how would Fourze's SOLU compare to the power sources of the Sailor Moon Senshi? I'm kinda wondering about the possibility of creating my own full scale senshi.
>>
>>47739803
Moon Presence = Kars
>>
>>47739786
Utter despair.

I am juggling 3 separate builds, still can't choose one.

1st going triple Lord of Vermin to be all the creepy.
2nd going Summoner so just summon everything I want.
3rd being a focus on companions, bringing them up to power and such.

Not sure which way to go.
>>
>>47739786
Summoner, basically the full Normal Person tree with Dormant Power + 8 companions.

More minions are always good. I could have taken something else but none of it seemed worth it taking on more drawbacks.
>>
>>47739873
How does level cap work if you don't have Dormant Power?
>>
>>47739786
I think this was about jump number 75, SMT anonymous did say I probably survived.

SHIN MEGAMI TENSEI

The girl that was killed in the park… - +100Very annoying
Two Steps From Hell +200 CPActually with my build this is kind of useful
Sick Little Puppy - +200 Insult me all you want I'm still saving you
Seven Hells Battle +300 Oh hey Dante, what's with the gun? Oh Wrong Dante here,meet Dante.
World of Chaos – (Cannot be taken with “World of Law” or “The End”) +600 As if I didn't have enough reason to fight these bastards
Demon free To beef up
Automatically Arrive in mysterious laboratory,Sendagaya No idea what happened here
Mimic (Free to Demons) This seems evil
Kugutsu Magic (Free to Demons Minions Are always good
Protection of the Count -100 discounted for demons Handy
Demonic Union – 200 Special snowflake is always my jam
Theme Music – Free Speaking of jams
Dormant Power – 500 Limiter removal is awesome
Giant –-300 Discounted for demonic union Bigger than big stronger than strong, ready to fight for right against wrong https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNEKhxvEvlc
Turdak – Free with demonic union I have no you want to says but instant death immunity is wonderful
Herald – 1000 And now I have the power to actually clear out these demons
I guess I'm a pair of giant skeletal Angels...
MagnetiteX2-100 And maintain myself and Queen help me grow
The Overlord’s Seat –-200 discounted for demons This growth rate combined with these drawbacks will enable me to actually survive
The plan: Kill demons, that's it I'm going to start at the bottom and wipe out demons until I can face What were once protagonists, I do not believe I can make it in these 10 years but I'm going to Roll to see how well I do
Roll(1d100)+0: Total:29 So once again quite well the dice are with me today and I managed to make things pretty decent going from Ghostbusters Apocalypse to regular SMT levels Of demonic activity through genocide
>>
I didn't want to make a whole post about it, but Snow's Kolbolds will be back up and running today on /qst/.
>>
>>47739901
Erm, wrong thread? I believe the quest thread general is elsewhere
>>
>>47739901
Pretty sure this doesn't belong or have any relation to jumpchain at all.
>>
>>47739896
Actually, curious about the World of X stuff.

The World of Law just requires you to wreck Protags and YHVH, as for World of Chaos...

How many demons there are? And hell, it includes those who deal with them.

If the jumper is a demon does he have to kill anyone who interacted with him?
>>
File: Couldn't reverse google it.png (275 KB, 354x582) Image search: [Google]
Couldn't reverse google it.png
275 KB, 354x582
>>47737209
Flamio, my good hotman.

>>47736724
I was the Firefox
>Will-O-Wisp
>Extrasensory
>Hyper Beam
>Incinerate
>>
>>47739972
1. They were filling up most of Tokyo since I combined it with Two Steps From Hell.
2.I don't think so... And my interpretation of "deal with" was "making a pact" rather than "survive in a world filled with" so yeah I didn't make any deals with anybody and just started killing demons wholesale without thought of reward.

Maybe I was wrong if so SMT will hopefully probably correct me.
>>
>>47739817
It's an item so I'd doubt it. But from what I'm aware the heir(ess) perk in Archer follows you, as it's a perk.
>>
What is a low power jump that offers weather manipulation, specifically the creation and dispellation of storms?
>>
>>47739817
>>47740147
It says in the notes section that it can follow you if you want it to
>>
File: 8JZ1GI0.jpg (121 KB, 1202x664) Image search: [Google]
8JZ1GI0.jpg
121 KB, 1202x664
Hey, did we have a World of Warcraft jump? Not the Warcraft 3 one, I swear there was another but can't find it. I've got 2 builds for it from old chains so I know there was one.
>>
>>47740162
Percy Jackson should do it.
>>
>>47740200
We do have one.
>>
>>47740213
Where about is it/ the name? Cause I've looked through unimaged and can't find it.
>>
>>47740164
Ah, I see it now, thanks.
>>
>>47740227
Did you look in the N-Z section? Under WoW and World of Warcraft both?
>>
>>47740244
No it's only in the new upload IRC just pointed it out for me.
>>
>>47740262
I guess they deleted it in rage at his stupid version and then put his stepback version in the uploads.
>>
File: 234598234926y023496.png (90 KB, 618x618) Image search: [Google]
234598234926y023496.png
90 KB, 618x618
>>47740271
>>
>>47740289
You're going to have to explain how that's bait.
>>
>>47740271
Ok don't use my post to start shit.
>>
>>47740309
See >>47740295
>>
Do you jumpers participate in athletic events?
>>
>>47740348
Sports are for nerds.
>>
File: #YouVolunteeredMeForWhat....jpg (43 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
#YouVolunteeredMeForWhat....jpg
43 KB, 1280x720
>>47740348
Not always, because I cheat a lot and I'm just not all that athletic, even after all the Jumps I've been through. However, if I do, it's usually because I got my arm twisted or I feel particularly troll-like.

>pic related, my usual reaction
>>
My origins from the various fate jumps are Truth, Falsehood, and Mystery/Uncertainty. What good are these and how would they play into the nonsense of stuff like awakened origins and Reality Marbles? What would be good elements for these?
>>
>>47739786
Current build was

Shin Megami Tensei
> Location: Hospital, Kichijoji
> Background: Modern Magician
> Polymath [Get a Freebie!]
> Terminal Networker [-100CP]
> Demonic Infusion: Unicorn [-300CP]
> Theme Music [Get a Freebie!]
> Environmental Protection [-100CP]
> Gunmetal Alchemist [-100CP]
> Psychodiver [-100CP]
> Gullible DDS-NET User [-50CP]
> Magnetite [-50CP]
> COMP [-100CP]
> Golden Apple [-200CP]
> Magic Bottle [Get a Freebie!]
> Soma [-100CP]
> Jakyou Manor [-300CP]
> Bit Balls [-100CP]
> Louis Cyphre [Get a Freebie!]
> The Pre- & Post-Apocalypse [Get a Freebie!]
> It's All Good To Me! [+100CP]
> Sick Little Puppy [+200CP]
> Seven Hells Battle [+300CP]

Prone to change because I'm an indecisive jackass, but some elements remain consistant. Notably, my entire jump was dedicated to collecting demons with my DDS/COMP/Manor combo so that I could scan/register them in the database and create them at will using my replenishing stock of Magnetite.
In future jumps, I'll slam cybernetic bits into the dead demon bodies and kickstart them back to life so they can do shit for me.

Or maybe I'll just turn them into Magecite and use them for genetic monstrousities, I dunno.

Anyway, I like to assume that over the course of forty years I managed to get all the random encounters, though I don't think I really care to go after anything that's actually capable of flexing against the plot.
>>
>>47740468
>Mystery as an Origin
You're a walking violation of the world laws, or something like a phantasmal beast.
>>
>>47740468
Fan. Wank. There's literally no guideline for this. Also fifth imaginary element.
>>
>>47740348
sure every 10 years we capoff the national Moopsball torment with a eight on 162 exhibition game between my companions and I and the winning team.
>>
>>47740510
>Fan. Wank. There's literally no guideline for this.
I know, why the hell do you think I asked the thread about it?
>>
File: image.jpg (327 KB, 1918x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
327 KB, 1918x1080
>>47740348
Yes.
>>
>>47740348
As a holdover from training for the Monopoly Gauntlet, the companions throw a compulsory game night each week to wind down. However, we are Jumpers.

It's a good thing these sessions are confined to the Warehouse and end at dawn, otherwise we might have to skip town a lot more.
>>
>>47740468
>Awakening an Origin
>Multiple Origins
>Of any of those listed
At that point you're basically a living sorcery in an of yourself.
>>
>>47740546
Why do you expect us to know any better than you? Just pick something that you like and go with it.
>>
>>47738539
Nope, Jump trumps canon. Always has, always will.
>>
>>47740650
Disagree.
>>
>>47740546
We don't know either man, I mean, the origin and element of Swords and his dad's utter fuck up at teaching him how to magus allowed Shirou to actually imitate Noble Phantasms.
>>
File: b8f.png (243 KB, 600x614) Image search: [Google]
b8f.png
243 KB, 600x614
>>47740657
>>47740650
>>47738539
>>
I need help wrapping my head around the Starcraft jump.
If I buy nothing but a single drone I am essentially playing the game, right? Having to tech up every preceding jump and pumping out overlords.
If I buy the Organic Database I don't have to tech up anymore or must I but the units themselves from the jump? If I have it can I model my personal strain from the contained strains?
Why buy a spawning pool if you have a single drone?
I assume Resource Cache post-jump is simply for convenience and efficiency. Am I wrong on that? Otherwise the Zerg become a non-entity afterwards.
>>
>>47740688
In retrospect, owning a single companion drone is suspiciously overpowered to me. You have the makings of a galactic locust swarm in the palm of your metaphorical hands for the low low price of 50cp.
>>
>>47740688
1.I don't think you'd be playing the game since you have much more to start out
2. Pretty much
3. I think that was intended that way
4. So you can have it in your warehouse rather than having to make it again
5. If you can get samples into your warehouse you can replicate them later with out of context stuff, it's what I did
>>
>>47740688
Anything additional you buy means you don't have to build up your infrastructure every single jump. That's still worth the price.
>>
File: antispiralhuman.jpg (48 KB, 383x420) Image search: [Google]
antispiralhuman.jpg
48 KB, 383x420
>>47739786
Drawbacks: The Trials of Masakado, Two Steps From Hell, Sick Little Puppy, The Pre-Apocalypse, Apocalypse and Post-Apocalypse, The girl that was killed in the park...World of Chaos (2400)

Demon, Age 24

Rolled Hospital, Kichijoji

Demonic Union: Virtue, Throne (2100)
Dormant Power (1600)
Mimic (Free)
Kugutsu Magic (Free)
Herald (800; final cost 800 CP after 200 CP stipend)
Chosen of Raphael: Power (200)
The Overlord's Seat (0)
Theme Music (Free)

The way our background was set up, we're pretty sure that upon seeing Chaos' victory dad decided drastic measures were needed. So He stuffed a bunch of top tier angels into a metaphysical blender, drizzled a Power's augmented spiritual essence on top and sifted the resulting angel-juice into a not-Evangelion.

And then He noticed part of our memories included a time where He decided to be reletively merciful, and there was kind of an awkward family moment where dad tried to wrap His mind around the fact that he'd somehow come up with a convoluted plan involving reincarnating Marduk into Abel's soul which had the added bonus of redeeming Cain in another universe...and it seemed to have worked splendidly.

We're pretty sure He popped a blood vessel at this point.

And so, our divinely appointed mission was like a mix of Doom and Undertale, going around beating up demons and trying to convince them to submit by sparing them with the slogan of "CAN'T WE JUST GET ALONG?"

Oh and. We had to go smack some sense into the alt. universe version of our OTHER dad, Adam's, reincarnation. Which was pretty tough because a) he was pretty much the undisputed head honcho of Chaos and b) he was an endgame SMT protagonist. And then we yelled a lot at each other about our philosophies, view of life and taste in waifus.

So yes, it was more like a mix of Doom and the Maury show. Except if deadbeat uncle Lucifer never bothered to show up.
>>
>>47740750
Out of curiosity whats a fairly balanced translation for how quickly zerg produce units and structures? I was thinking, like, a 1 second / 1 day conversion. That would mean it takes a little more than two months for a drone to grow into a 35 meter hatchery.

That sound 'balanced'?
>>
File: seriously.png (85 KB, 407x222) Image search: [Google]
seriously.png
85 KB, 407x222
>>47740967
I am honestly the last guy you should ever ask about whether or not something is balanced
>>
>>47740989
I'll take what I can get. If you give me any answer other than 'LotV patchnotes' then you can't be too insane.'
>>
File: #DecisionsDecisions.jpg (80 KB, 1120x633) Image search: [Google]
#DecisionsDecisions.jpg
80 KB, 1120x633
Okay, so I looked through my Lyrical Nanoha Jump and I came to a hilarious realisation, especially considering my obsession with gathering ALL the Learning Perks in the Jumps before it. I ended up figuring out that I could very easily learn the arts of being a Device Meister in-universe (the Priority Access to the Infinite Library does not hurt at all). All it means though is that I need to get involved in the plot (and get blown up by Nanoha, which I'm not looking forward to).

This leaves me with 600 cp and 3 drawbacks; Befriending, Targeted, and Unlimited Desire.

So, Nice Car and (maybe) Helicopter? Or Dimensional Warship?
>>
>>47740967
Honestly there is no actual lore statements about time that I have ever found, however everything implies that they grow within hours or days at most. All three factions are actually supposed to be able to take planets within days building defenses and everything, and the zerg are supposed to be the fastest.
>>
File: determined banchô-Anon.jpg (114 KB, 916x451) Image search: [Google]
determined banchô-Anon.jpg
114 KB, 916x451
>>47741009
well there are things that are strictly biological that grow faster than that and they are pretty high and as far as biology goes, maybe a 2 second to one hour conversion wouldn't be out of line it's definitely faster than that since when I've played the game I've had of structures finish growing in the middle of fights and had Swarmlings pop out of their cocoons in time to back up others.
>>
File: Kon sup.jpg (32 KB, 650x366) Image search: [Google]
Kon sup.jpg
32 KB, 650x366
>>47741030
What are you ok with being potential collateral friendship?
>>
Alright, last question. Organic Database gives access to campaign units, unique units, and discontinued strains. Would it be reasonable to assume that it also has info on Abathur's busywork strains? Like, writing on the back of a napkin type stuff?
>>
>>47741105

probably not, that kind of thing seems like it would be in his personal archives but not distributed.
>>
File: #Thinkin'RealHard.png (657 KB, 1899x923) Image search: [Google]
#Thinkin'RealHard.png
657 KB, 1899x923
>>47741073
>What are you ok with being potential collateral friendship?
On one hand, pain and then Nanoha's besties.

On the other, no Dimensional Warship.

I'm actually having a hard time choosing.
>>
>>47740891
But I thought if you take World of Chaos that you HAVE to KILL all demons, no?
>>
>>47741105
For what its worth, while you might not have his knowledge you could very easily surpass him with the "Spinner of Essence" perk.

Since you plan to build a hive, this is your best choice of capstone. The perk says you couod pull off Kozlov level biology stuff, which even Abathur said was impossible for the swarm, even him.
>>
Have you ever created mass destruction living weapons?
>>
File: laughing accelerator.gif (497 KB, 488x275) Image search: [Google]
laughing accelerator.gif
497 KB, 488x275
>>47741233
What do you think Jump-chan intends for me?

Did you actually think she cared about me?

No. She needed a guinea pig who wouldn't be missed.

But you know?

That's okay.
>>
>>47741229
Now that I think about it, cerebrates are off the table, right? I'm not the Overmind after all, and they were basically fleshy partitions of it's own mind. Was more like psychic MPD tumors than actual strains.
>>
File: archer.png (899 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
archer.png
899 KB, 1280x720
Archer - Retcon

26 years old
Scientist 100
Phrasing
Weapon Modifications
Mad Biologist 300
Sploosh 900
Robotics 1200
Cyborg Friend - Leeroy 1400
Blown Cover 1300
Legs 1000

Realised I had that Bionicle mask power that automatically translates languages both spoken and written. Also figured that I could slot it in relatively early.

So Archer gets a retcon as there's no need for me to stick 200 CP. Took out Sex Addict making my time here a little easier as I no longer have to have a series of affairs that constantly get exposed due to Blown Cover.

Instead I'm just a brilliant scientist who tries to avoid deception as much as possible. May make a chair with robot spider legs to get around on.
>>
>>47741233
well let's see there is the zurg colony in the tower, there is the time I used infectious bite and knockout to give my retainers black hole alt forms, there's the Cybranasaurus Rexs, I got the hard way, there's the partially organic von Neumann blade wolves, there was that virus which was largely asymptomatic and discreet enough to pass most teleporter scans and able to survive in all species except Vulcans where it caused Bendii Syndrome.
>>
File: antispiralhuman3.jpg (24 KB, 459x279) Image search: [Google]
antispiralhuman3.jpg
24 KB, 459x279
>>47741222
Kill? Figured "Strike down" could be interpreted as defeat, and the last sentence did seem to imply you're primarily motivated by the need to protect humans from the threat of demons. Also SMTanon seems to concur considering he didn't mention an obligation to kill all demons the first time the build was posted.

>>47741233
Yep-

-wow, we were going to talk about which ones but we have to say exposed brains seems like a really bad design choice. That's practically begging for some enterprising young hero to shoot/stab/punch the poor bastards in their big, throbbing exposed vital organs. And then there's that guy who looks to be on life support.

Honestly, we've seen more threatening cripples and small children. These poor bastards look like they belong in hospital.
>>
>>47741330
You could totally make them, but cerebrates are kind of hardwired to recreate the overmind if there isn't one. Though supposedly the one you play in brood wars survived afterwards and helped Kerrigan with her terran infestation work, but they ignored that for starcraft 2, along with several other retcons. Really though the Broodmothers aren't that far below cerebrates in ability and have quite the advantage in some ways, besides their intellect is scaleable.
>>
File: 2Yni481.jpg (29 KB, 400x366) Image search: [Google]
2Yni481.jpg
29 KB, 400x366
>>47740967
>>
>>47741410
meant
>>47741233
>>
File: 0019-005.jpg (282 KB, 845x1250) Image search: [Google]
0019-005.jpg
282 KB, 845x1250
>>47741382
>-wow, we were going to talk about which ones but we have to say exposed brains seems like a really bad design choice. That's practically begging for some enterprising young hero to shoot/stab/punch the poor bastards in their big, throbbing exposed vital organs. And then there's that guy who looks to be on life support.

They've got some regeneration. At least the first one had it. Although the main point of their design is that they're broken people who had too many superpowers put into them, causing them to become mindless monsters.
>>
>>47740162
Super Mario RPG

>>47741201
Go get beat up by your future waifu already. Use the learning perks to learn how to tolerate pain along with how to cope with injuries. Then use the ship to go on a honeymoon. Hop to it, hikkineet gameranon.

>>47741233
Yes.
>>
>>47741233
>mass destruction
>nomu

Please. Those things can't even fulfill their primary function.
>>
>>47741555
You mean their primary function isn't as a disposable mook?
>>
>>47741573
I didn't handface say in their fist appearance that they where made to kill All Might?
>>
Changelog:

Jump:
>General editing for spelling, grammar, etc.

Races:
>Edited Irda to clarify their ability to use magic
>Edited Irda shapeshifting limitations

Items:
>Updated Mount based off of in-thread discussion

Notes:
>Added – Entry regarding purchasing a skill multiple times for increased levels, and the interaction between purchased levels mechanic and edition jumped.
>Added – Entry about Irisony and allowed effects.
----------
>What does the "11th" mean in "11th: Our Hero"? 11th hour? 11th party member?
It’s me being obnoxious. You’re the 11th member of the party, and you’re a last minute addition.

>Dragonlance, Spelljammer, and Giant Space Hamsters
That’s outside of the scope of this jump, so you’ll need a Spelljammer jump proper for that.
>>
>>47741600
That one nomu was made to just take a pounding from him until he wore out, they just underestimated All Might, and had thought he had lost more of his abilities than he actually had. The Nomu in general are just customizable mooks.
>>
>>47741623
Blah. Forgot name.

For those of you that are curious, 3 won out in the Next Jump poll. So I'm currently working on XXXX and then XXXXXXXXXXXXXX will be my next project. Thanks to those that participated.
>>
>>47741662
>spoilers
Hay man, blue board.
>>
>>47741662
Xcellent, I'm looking forward to XXXXXXXXXXXXXX more personally.

Because you know. More Xs, more fun.
>>
>>47741233
Yeah, I mess around a lot with DNA, been meaning to create a machine that would allow perfect control of DNA structure. Allowing me to turn any biological substance into any other biological substance by simply rewriting its DNA and supplying it with the right hormones. Marvel and DC were a field day, what with the Kryptonian,Martian,Phalanx and Skrull DNA that would be ludicrously easy for me to get.
I even created a large tree, it's a tribrid of Magic,Technology, and Biology. Nerves that transport information, and heat sinks that cool down its processor are everywhere, all traveling to its leafs which are supercooling material. When I integrate with it, the range of my mind related powers are extremely increased and so is their potency. With my Omega Telepathy I could sift through all of earths minds, and could very well pull off a Khepri if I wished too.
>>
>>47741623
You thinking of doing any other modules? Might be fun to have one where we visit the moon. You know, because that's totally a thing that happened.
>>
File: space core.gif (959 KB, 380x214) Image search: [Google]
space core.gif
959 KB, 380x214
>>47741789
So the Kerbals are now Wizards?
>>
>>47741823
Wouldn't it be the reverse?
>>
>>47741623
Flamio, my good hotman.

>>47741233
Technically.
But I taught my kids to enjoy a more indirect approach to bending the worlds to their whims.
>Complicated Keikaku creates complete keks.
>This is dumb.
>No it'll totally work.
>Moms, stop it. That's too much butter.
>And it will make your class mates slow and fat when the Athletic Festival comes up! BWA HA HA HA!
>I just want to share cookies with the class.
>Oh, we'll share them, alright...
>>
>>47741823
>Kerbals

Speaking of that jump what exactly are you supposed to do with them? You can't give them your science so you just provide them with unlimited funds and base materials that they already have? Can you let them have access to computers and simulations that help them design and calculate things? Or do you literally spend 10 years bootstrapping from the 50s to the 60s space program wise?
>>
Are the copies of people that the skull of corruption spits out, evil aligned?

My thoughts here are that I could use a holy weapon + holy damage to evil targets perks to slay the Corrupted Copies of shounen protagonists, thereby gaining them as Samurai Jack's "Summoning" candidates without harming the original.
>>
File: #WARSHIPTIEM!.gif (826 KB, 500x278) Image search: [Google]
#WARSHIPTIEM!.gif
826 KB, 500x278
>>47741547
>Go get beat up by your future waifu already. Use the learning perks to learn how to tolerate pain along with how to cope with injuries. Then use the ship to go on a honeymoon. Hop to it, hikkineet gameranon.

SIR! YES SIR!

A clarification sir! Nanoha-chan is not my waifu sir! I do not want to be electrocuted by Faito-chan sir!
>>
>>47741903
Why not? Sounds like fun! Especially when you can teach all kinds of astrophysics on the sly while doing so.
>>
>>47742001
>Why not? Sounds like fun! Especially when you can teach all kinds of astrophysics on the sly while doing so.

I thought if you taught them stuff they got sad?
>>
File: Intergalactic Harem.jpg (530 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Intergalactic Harem.jpg
530 KB, 1024x768
>>47741987
>I do not want to be electrocuted by Faito-chan
You must construct additional waifus!
>>
>>47742022
On the sly dude, you know, without them knowing?

Give them all kinds of fun experiments or activities, and have them come up with the answers on their own.

Also, I believe it's when you give them space ships straight up that's when they get all mopey.
>>
>>47742060
so you're saying could hack their government databases to implant the files for a new citizen who is actually one of my companions drip feeding them awesome science? That might work.
>>
File: #DoubleDuty.jpg (174 KB, 1200x674) Image search: [Google]
#DoubleDuty.jpg
174 KB, 1200x674
>>47742029
>Pic related.
Also, Fate kinda scares me, not sure why, but she just does.

Fear boner central in Lyrical Nanoha

>>47742083
>Pic related.
Bancho? Just giving them the answers is going to break their hearts. Treat them as little kids who want to have fun experimenting and learning what makes everything tick.
>>
>>47742022
If you just throw stuff at them they get sad. If you help them discover scientific principles that get them into space through guided research they'll probably love it.
>>
>>47737386
OH COME ON NO ONE WANTS TO WATCH A HOME MOVIE OF THAT MOMENT IN TIME
>>
What are a few good magic systems I can rope together with Conjoined Conjures, preferably something I can take advantage of with Mystcraft worlds and Equivalent Exchange.
>>
>>47742272
I imagine sharing sex tapes would be 21st century GrecoRoman god's social gathering.
>>
File: #...IGotNothing.jpg (131 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
#...IGotNothing.jpg
131 KB, 1920x1080
>>47742272
>>
>>47742315
Argh, it totally would be. Greek gods are lucky if they have the maturity of frat boys. Eris is just one of the ones who enjoys stirring the pot.
>>
>>47742121
>>47742208
yeah but how am I going to do that if I can't share tools or know how?
>>47742208
yeah but I don't know how to do that, I've always been "here have a college with a library that has the relevant technical information to bootstrap up to Star Trek level"

Kerbals are confusing they want something but when given the tools to achieve it they become sad, how are you supposed to help someone like that?
>>
>>47742459
Experiment with them. Gently nudge them towards the right path. Help them build their space program. Have fun with them.

They'll figure out the tools they need to use and build. Much like how humans did.

Come on man, it's not that hard. Just be that (hopefully) wise mentor in the background. Help does not mean holding their hand the entire way.
>>
>>47742459
If you can't understand the impulse to want to do something yourself rather than have someone do it all for you, then I don't know what to say.
>>
>>47742459
Bancho, a large part of what they want is the sense of accomplishment and achievement that comes with discovery.
They aren't stupid.
Show them the vector, and let them plot the course.
Shepherding a bunch of mad rocket scientists is half the fun.
∆v, motherfucker. Give them a nudge.
>>
>>47742301
D&D style prepared magic with anything that uses mana or essence.

D&D magic is probably one of the most versatile and powerful magic options you can get.
The only downside is that it's Vancian casting, and having to pre-choose spells and needing 8 hours of uninterrupted rest to recover spells is annoying as hell.
Fueling them with mana that regenerates automatically and casting any spell you know at will is much better.
>>
>>47742585
Hell, it's pretty appealing. You get to play god with them in a fun little way, nudging them along the path but making them learn it for themselves. Just like teaching a toddler how to crawl, then walk. It's adorable, especially when they finally get it right and you're cheering alongside them for their achievement.
>>
File: fancy.jpg (246 KB, 680x680) Image search: [Google]
fancy.jpg
246 KB, 680x680
>>47742660
>mfw I went Erudite with spell to power

There's always a way around those limits. Well, it doesn't really work for epic spells but those are entirely different anyway.
>>
>>47742629
but tricking others into doing work for you is one of life's greatest joys!?
>>47742647
but aren't those transitory, leaving you empty and angry at yourself for all thee time you wasted getting good enough to actually do them?
>>
>>47742711
Ew...
>>
File: #WIN!.jpg (51 KB, 604x338) Image search: [Google]
#WIN!.jpg
51 KB, 604x338
>>47742691
This Anon fucking gets it.

>>47742711
...right, you definitely don't get it. Deuces!
>>
>>47742699
>Erudite with spell to power
Built correctly you can cast anything short of Epic level spells, arcane, divine, class specific, doesn't matter.

It's also likely a way around material costs, too.
>>
>>47742743
that's why I'm asking for help understanding!
>>
>>47742742
please elaborate on which part of that is disgusting and why. Help me be a person!
>>
>>47742711
My god, you're a broken thing, aren't you?
>>
>>47742699
Erudite has the unique power limit per day - that's even worse. Not to mention that learning spells as powers costs a lot of time and experience and you can't learn 9th level spells as powers at all.

Also arcane casters have by far the best prestige classes and feats. Psions barely have any worth taking.

On the other hand there isn't much else in Card Captor Sakura that's as good as Conjoined Conjures, so you pretty much get the best of both worlds.
>>
>>47742743
They're basically like your children, really. Your little green idiot children. It's good practice for parenthood, and godhood too.
>>
>>47742793
more than anyone could ever know......
>>
>>47737106
Well, I've decided on my build for this, and will be attempting to write along with it as the chambers are revealed. The really important question I have is if you can bring companions along into the castle when you're doing an inheritance run? Anyway build and vague plan:
Embrace Inheritance (500)
Destroy the Throne (1500)
Medal, Please (1 OOOs)
The Station of the Alchemists (400) Gara's notes on Greeed creation were useful, these should allow even greater innovations
Medarome (0)
My approach here is to use Medal, Please to create a horde of phantasms from the non-canon Cores I've acquired, then further buff them with Medarome. For I am to be king, and a king doesn't sully his hands with the blood of mere peasants. The ring also goes nicely with the Finale Driver's Birth aspect, and will likely be my new source of mooks, phasing out Waste Yummies.
>>
>>47742711
Those are actually not NEARLY as transitory as you might expect. Those are accomplishments that many people would look fondly on throughout their lifetime.

>>47742808
It's a nasty thing but there are some ways around it. Also was not concerned about the prestige classes due to already having that covered - Illithid Savant was far more important than such concerns.
>>
File: Kon smile.jpg (36 KB, 225x350) Image search: [Google]
Kon smile.jpg
36 KB, 225x350
>>47742810
Inorite?
They're just so adorable.
>>
>>47742834
Illithid Servant loses a lot of its shine when you consider that there are enough D&D jumps to master any spellcasting class you'd care to name, some of them probably more than once.

Personally i used the Forgotten Realms jump to take levels in Hathran and Incantatrix.
Circle Magic, Universal Spirit Magic and free Metamagic is an incredibly hard combination to top.
>>
>>47742834
>Those are actually not NEARLY as transitory as you might expect. Those are accomplishments that many people would look fondly on throughout their lifetime.

I've had sex with actual other human beings, I've had some success in education even gotten a few scholarships, I've made art, I've fixed things, I've cooked delicious meals for my loved ones that everyone complemented,

it's all just dust in the wind. Hit me up in the steam group if anyone wants to actually keep going with this, worst case scenario ask Spyro for my contact. I don't want to start blogging anymore than I am already.
>>
>>47742808
Thats why its better to be a psion thrallheard with a stp erudite pet. Teach your erudite psychic chirurgery. Have your pet erudite teach you literally everything.
>>
>>47742758
>but aren't those transitory, leaving you empty and angry at yourself for all thee time you wasted getting good enough to actually do them?
This answer you gave means that you've never felt it, that joy of discovery or accomplishment. It's honestly something you can't quite explain or put into words, and it's definitely something you can never ever forget.

It's like explaining the colours of a masterpiece of art to blind man.
>>
>>47742929
maybe you're right ,probably I've never felt anything positive ever considering that's how all my positive emotions wind up.
>>
>>47742881
yeah, but you can do shifty things like eat an stp erudite and grab stp, power learning and manifestation while not grabbing uppd which while a limitation counts as its own class feature.
>>
>>47742923
Or you could just pick the psionics option from one of the more limited D&D jumps (Ravenloft, OotS, Dark Sun) and learn it all in-jump from an StP Erudite.
You can pick up D&D psionics in lots of jumps.

Circle Magic and Incantatrix are FR specific, and with 8 companions you already have the companions for Circle Magic with you if you make them Hathrans too.
>>
File: kKL7we8.gif (5 MB, 496x566) Image search: [Google]
kKL7we8.gif
5 MB, 496x566
>>47742859
>They're just so adorable.
>Green Alien Space Babes Drawback
Yes.
>>
>>47742881
Illithid Savant gets its shine back when you realize you can replenish those uses of stealing levels of knowledge, skills, feats, class features and special abilities by stealing that class feature from OTHER Illithid Savants, as long as you can track them down and they're unused.

On a related note, mind flayer brains? They're like a full meal in themselves. Where any other brain is like a single item, they're a whole buffet wrapped into one. And an elder brain is a feast.
>>
Mementos of the Past [200, Discount for Drop-In] – A little piece of all your adventures will follow you from this point on. Simple, mundane things like model spaceships from Mass Effect, toy versions of weapons you’ve used before in DnD, or just small little things from your past adventures in general will now follow you. They will be contained within a box that will change its contents each time you open it, but it will always have something you will recognize and have a story to tell for. Good for when you want to tell tales of your past adventures but don’t want to haul something out of the Warehouse. The items will never be magical or have any properties the original did – they’re mementos, not tools or weapons.

Soon.
>>
>>47742982
Dark Sun is your best bet for E:StP. I asked Many and he said that that was a viable option, meaning if you buy The Way you can consider that purchase the equivalent of the D&D psionic class of your choice.

So, yeah, DS is the way to go for E:StP.

Plus, magic is horrible in DS so psionics are the way to go.
>>
>>47743039
I post this right because your hundred points off but my drop-in tree has basically has the same perk
>>
>>47742988
Remember, you can buy 740 of them and they'll only ever take up on slot. How's that for a harem build?
>>
>>47742895
>>47742950
>Bancho is Kotomire Kirei
Oh god...
>>
>>47743058
sorry that was the old version
>>
>>47743039
Looks pretty good. Jump seems to be shaping up nicely.
>>
>>47743058
Then you should be glad it's available in a jump that's actually going to make it onto the drive. Nobody cares about your jumps.
>>
>>47743083
KotomiNe
>>
>>47743058
Using another jumpmaker's perk hook to springboard your own jump, and complaining about perk overlap while you do it? That's low.
>>
>>47743056
Wait, shit, it IS? I assumed that was just bog-standard psionics and I'd have to get my fix at Forgotten Realms.
>>
File: Kon brush.gif (707 KB, 480x595) Image search: [Google]
Kon brush.gif
707 KB, 480x595
>>47742988
I actually took that just for fun.
I don't even want to lewd them.
It just seems like a more pleasant time.
And because green shortstack is a nice alt-form for the Swiss Army Wife...
>>
>>47743056
>Many makes a good call
Holy shit, it's the end of the wo-

>>47743086
>>47743058
>Tera shits the bed
Naah, we're good.

Back to your desks, everyone. False alarm.
>>
File: Kon flustered.gif (92 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
Kon flustered.gif
92 KB, 300x168
>>47743039
Yes.
>>
>>47743111
Yeah, on a lark I asked him in thread a while back, I dunno, sometime in the last month, and he said that you could consider The Way to be equivalent of whatever D&D psionic class you wanted.

I used to think what you're describing, its just a generic D&D psion, so I just asked and he said Erudite was good to go. I think he also mentioned he'd be doing an update that included that and some other class notes.
>>
File: Nanomachines_FMA.jpg (10 KB, 239x211) Image search: [Google]
Nanomachines_FMA.jpg
10 KB, 239x211
...So in TOME's avatar creation do we get a discount for our class? or is it all full price?

Pic unrelated.
>>
File: annoyed banchô-Anon.jpg (66 KB, 616x544) Image search: [Google]
annoyed banchô-Anon.jpg
66 KB, 616x544
>>47743083
>>Kirei was born defective, possessing a warped mind since birth. He is an evil person, but not a villain. He is deviant, but not inhuman. He is not sane, but neither is he insane. Despite his personal accomplishments, he never felt satisfaction. Despite his best efforts he could not enjoy what other people found happiness in, and instead found himself drawn to negative emotions like the pain of others. He is able to act like a normal person, even bringing pride to his father, but he intrinsically cannot understand others or things they see as "beautiful."

Sounds about right
>>
>>47743150
Kon is adorable but doesn't she keep making everyone think her and her master are in some sort of deviant relationship?
>>
>>47743105
>Forgot how to write his name
>Go check on the wiki
>Still do it wrong
C'mon brain, get your shit together!
>>
>>47742301
Demon Souls and Dark Souls Sorcery
Elder Scrolls Magicka,
Fire Emblem magic,
Golden Sun magic,
Dark Sun magic,
Mistborn magic,
Master of Magic' magic,
Populous magic,
Smite magic,
Inheritance Cycle magic,
Nasuverse magic,
DnD magic,
Final Fantasy magic,
Elona magic,
SMT and Persona magic,
Changeling magic.
>>
File: Kon antist.jpg (4 KB, 100x100) Image search: [Google]
Kon antist.jpg
4 KB, 100x100
>>47743194
Yes. I find that funny, and teach my Kons to bother people through the manipulation of assumptions.
It is a great joy when others play themselves.
>>
>>47742988
They may not get much benefit from perks but you can still manually improve them (training perks, genetic engineering, power armor, probably a little mindrape to make them useful at stuff other than trying to get into space).

You'd pretty much end up with a respawning army of short, greenskinned asari commandos.
Not bad for one companion slot.
>>
>>47743262
Tokyo Ravens jump when
>>
>>47743260
>Changeling magic.

NO.

NOT EVEN ONCE.
>>
>>47743260
>Inheritance Cycle magic
Fuck no, that shit is dangerous.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 68

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.