[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fimfiction Thread: Now with 34% more shitty stories
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 78
File: This frightens the Twilight.png (465 KB, 852x720) Image search: [Google]
This frightens the Twilight.png
465 KB, 852x720
Come one and all and help raise the quality of My Little Pony fanfiction! Featuring: Weapons, or the lack thereof.

ITT: Corrupted elements, Planning your story vs. Actually writing it, Gore for the sake of gore, Starla didn't fuck off, Voicefag realises he's been narrating fanfiction of a show aimed at little girls and reevaluates his life, On the Decoupling of Line-of-Sight Tethering in Projection-Targeting Spellforms, Using hoof instead of hand, Horn strap-ons, Drawn out romance, Guilty pleasures, Body horror, French lurkers died and can't bump the thread, Deadfics updating, 200-post debate about weapons, because whether everyone suddenly becomse a pacifist and there's no more conflic, or S6 features an all-out war, we'll have this debate until the end of time, Sheep are Equestrian elves, Bleeding strikes again, Fandom trend setters, Extremely high hopes, Not crying about sad things, Writer's block, Nyx, and woodland creatures are more civil about story discussion than us.

Tired of the same old 'Human goes to Equestria to fuck his underage waifu' formula? Burnt out after reading that Fallout crossover? Well, we've compiled the best of the worst in order to bring you our absolute average!

Introducing, the FiM-Fiction Starter Kit (list of winners): http://i.imgur.com/vuTA7EN.png (embed)

List of nominees by category: http://mlp-fanfics.herokuapp.com/

>Need a good writing prompt?: http://autismwhinnies.tumblr.com/

Riffs and Reviews:
http://pastebin.com/u/notkickass222urmom

Voiceguy's readings:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCt68MpmvEketmqOdHncHI2w

>Prompt of the Week: Work on your deadfic, you lazy bum.

Do you want critique on your story? Post it on Google Docs with inline comments enabled.

Old thread: >>25403204
>>
First for request of Pregnant story with Button mash and his mom.
>>
Futaloo Get.
>>
>>25468124
Hey
I have a joke
"Futaloo get" gets a get
>>
>>25468099
>(embed)
nice one
>>
>>25468241
Someday, Anon.
>>
>>25468099
>No "Painful self awareness"
Plz
>>
>>25468334
Should have suggested it at the end of the thread, Anon.
Maybe 35% will be its time to shine.
>>
>>25468334
why?
>>
So...
Working on anything?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPOrFhk30nM
My Little Pony: Gender is Magic by Twilight shine
isn't rule63 twilight's name Dusk Shine?

Next thing will be the thing I was told to do, along with the other thing.
>>
>>25468539
Twilight Shine doesn't comform to your cis-scum expectations.
>>
File: 1443839327364.jpg (86 KB, 500x927) Image search: [Google]
1443839327364.jpg
86 KB, 500x927
>>25468539
>I mean, if you don't have the sausage.
You elicited a sensible chuckle from me.
>>
File: 1380083720317.jpg (17 KB, 230x230) Image search: [Google]
1380083720317.jpg
17 KB, 230x230
>>25468531
Just this crackship of Gilda and Twilight Sparkle's Mom
http://www.fimfiction.net/story/285463/mother-fluffer
>>
File: 1405872610266.jpg (110 KB, 588x600) Image search: [Google]
1405872610266.jpg
110 KB, 588x600
>>25468886
get out
>>
>>25468886
>Just this crackship of Gilda and Twilight Sparkle's Mom
Swear to god I saw art of that exact ship in the catbird thread the other day. Is it related?
>>
>>25469112
Well, there's no hoof licking in my story, but a lot of character development and fun ideas.
>>
>7dsj: treasure, chapters 5-8

#5: Celestia whines about >tfw no bf, >tfw no kids, and so on. Then she tries to make out with her best friend's husband, because she has all the self control of a 15 year old. (Why does this sound familiar?)

#6: Shining Armor rescues a 16-year-old hooker. Boring.

#7: Twilight goes for a walk in the woods with her brother Spike, and tells him about the time years ago when she found, raised, and eventually released a baby owl. Suddenly, they are attacked by coyotes! But Aloysius, now fully grown, appears with his owl friends just in time to save the day.

#8: Rainbow Dash chapter, but it's mainly about RD's adopted sister Scootaloo.

>scoot's psycho meth-head biomom is out of jail
>scoot + RD + family all go to meet her at a fancy hotel
>their lawyer is there too
>TIME FOR A LOVE TRIANGLE! Firefly + Rainbow Blitz + the lawyer
(this is never mentioned again)

>first, they meet biodad + half-sister
>also biodad's lawyer/new wife
>they are pretty cool, not psychos or meth-heads

>finally time to meet biomom
>her sleazy lawyer: "only scoot + half-sister can go in"
>everyone else: "wtf, we never agreed to this"
>sl: "read the fine print, walking into the hotel constitutes agreement :^)"
>ee: "that's bullshit, no judge will uphold it"
>sl: "if you leave we will sue you :^)"
>ee: "huh okay then"
(Apparently neither of the two other lawyers realized that if the judge would throw out the contract, the judge would also throw out the lawsuit for violating the contract.)

>SL eventually agrees to let RD join
>scoot + half-sister + RD all go in
>meth-head is dressed up all fancy, like a legit businesswoman
>she says two sentences about how she misses her kids, apparently wants them to drop everything and go live with her
(Why does this sound familiar?)
>half-sister tells her to fuck off, shows proof that biomom scammed her own parents
>RD "swears as God's witness" that she will "rip off your head and shit down your neck"
>everyone leaves
>the end
>>
>>25466356
Replying in new thread, if you're still here, bat-pony anon.

In the case of my one relevant fic, the fact that one of my characters was a bat-pony had no particular bearing on the story at all, any more than a character being a Unicorn or a Pegasus or whatever mattered. He just happened to be a bat-pony and that's all there was to it. It's when you make the simple fact of BEING a bat-pony really significant to the plot that you start risking potential problems.

So if you're planning to make this big subplot about bat-pony racism or blood/meat lust or actually acting like bats/vampires......don't. Write an actual character, who just happens to be a bat-pony, and don't hinge the plot on that fact.
>>
>>25469137
I already forgot, is there a plot to these stories? Is there an actual end goal beyond drama-of-the-chapter scenarios?
>>
>>25469758
>I already forgot, is there a plot to these stories?
In general, yes, but this particular side story is supposed to be a slice-of-life sort of thing, which for this series does mean one random bit of drama after another. The main story does have an actual plot in fact, it has several!, but it's on hiatus this month while the author works on other things. If we're "lucky", that should mean another ~12k of AAG some time soon.
>>
A) that was the Op picture used less that 4 threads ago
and
B) It's a scientific fact a Unicorn could beat a Pegasus and an Earth Pony in combat. Using nothing but telekinesis
>>
>>25469372

I wasn't planning on it being a plot point. Just a main character that was one. As far as I know, bat ponies are just pegasus with weird wings in actual canon.

I was going to take that fact and go about that deep. If anything the bat part was supposed to be a visual cue that she was a foil to another character, but there wasn't going to be anything about her being a or struggles as a batpony.

Thank you for answering.
>>
Do I feel the pain of being a consistently bland organism? Do I know that I will never achieve things that fiction can do more than anything I can actually make?

Do I just sit idly by as life puts me on this earth for no reason and wait.

Just wait.

Wait till something comes out.

And why am I posting this on a fimfiction thread? Is it because I have nothing else, but to write stupid shit so other faggots will read them and see my hopelessness.
>>
>>25468531
I'm doing a one-shot about Star Swirl the bearded.
I like how it's shaping up.
>>
The Sweetie Chronicles crossover shit that's going on in Mente Materia right now is pissing me off. Mente was never as good as Stardust, but it was okay at least, until bizarro-Sweetie Belle showed up out of nowhere and started having actual major effects on the plot. I just can't believe the author thought this was a good idea.
>>
>>25470132
Is it weird that I had a distinct "this is never going to be as good as Stardust" feeling when I first read the description of it?
>>
>>25470287
Stardust was all about first contact / cultural exchange shit, which I love. Mente is just a warfic.
>>
>>25470310
It feels like a sequel just for the purpose of a sequel. Whilst Stardust had a rhyme and reason to it, it had a principle idea and its own motivation, Mente Materia exists only because people liked the first one, and that's never good.
Unless you're Michael Bay.
>>
[Pt. 1]

>>25463260
>premise
The Equestrian continent teleports to Earth, usually in the Atlantic (it never kicks up a tsunami that obliterates the Eastern Seaboard, though). With it, an unstoppable "shield" of magical radiation slowly expands out, which will kill all humans on the planet.

To stop an extinction from happening, the UN and Equestria team up and create a "ponification serum" which will transform humans into ponies and allow them to live. Conversion Bureaus, basically medical clinics, are established throughout the world to assist in the ponification process.

Terrorist groups soon arise, one advocating against ponification and attacking governments and conversion bureaus, and one advocating forced ponification and denoting bioweapons filled with the serum.

Various plot elements change depending on the story and whether the author's in one of the extreme camps. Sometimes, it was all a ruse by Tyrantlestia to invade; sometimes it's a clusterfuck of an accident. Sometimes, the radiation "shield" totally destroys Earth, including animals and buildings; sometimes it just targets humans.

>advice
Don't go into one of the extreme camps. Don't make it Humanity Fuck Yeah! with evil Tyrantlestia and nazi ponies where they eventually kill all the ponies to prove humans aren't genocidal monsters, and don't make it Misanthropy: the Fanfic where humans violent tendencies needs to be suppressed for a pony utopia.

The only villain TCB needs is the magical radiation shield. That alone will create all the conflict your fic could ever want. The terrorist groups are also usually shit. You could drop them, make them more realistic (ISIS is all the rage these days), or just write them well.
>>
[Pt. 2]

>>25466356
There's a bat pony fic currently in the featured box with a 56:1 like/dislike ratio. There was also that "prostitute bat pony hangs out with a UN Ambassador" one from a little while back.

As a reader, I don't mind if a character's a bat pony. I better not, since I'm currently writing a 100k fic with a bat pony protagonist. Bat ponies are very rare in fanfics. They're usually confined to Luna's crazy fanatical Praetorian Guard in warfics, or the odd durian comedy fic.

>>25468531
I'm almost done with the weird bat pony clopfic. About another 10k to go.

>it was originally supposed to be 15k long and will now likely pass 100k
My poor planning has doomed it to be really shit.
>>
>>25470770
>My poor planning has doomed it to be really shit.
I'd still read it.
>>
>>25470755

>>25470755
Thanks, although I see I'm already outside your advice from the get-go.

Premise of _my_ piece is to take a specific look at 'code majeste' -- what happens when a human accidentally comes out the other side as an alicorn.

So from nearly page one, the magic barrier isn't the villain anymore. Once we learn 'Tia has issued a death warrant, she's the antagonist. Although I've added a bunch of head canon about the previous imperial expansion cycles leaving at least one immortal each time. Haven't said that outright, but we've met a wizard griffon who, as it turns out, is as old as that invasion.

Although in my head this is full on multiverse, and I want Tyrantlestia to meet FluffilySorryCelly. But without that making for a Deus Machima ending? Yeah I'm not sure.

My piece is mostly about a guy who doesn't want to die, and is too clever for his own good -- the alicornication was deliberate and successful.

Since then he's met forcibly ponified HLF members, who while pacified by the official serum, still intend to stand against the invading government.

...something about war making for strange bedfellows, is what I'm going for.

at which point I realize, I'm not actually very good at intrigue, which this story is approaching a need for, rapidly.

Thank you again, for your input into what the C.B. universe needs.
>>
>>25470132

I've got nothing against Sweetie Chronicles itself, but my god, what do authors think they're doing when they try to retrofit a SC chapter into their source fic? She's supposed to be offstage, or in between scenes, not an actual WTF out of nowhere new character!
>>
>>25471012
Agreed. Sweetie chronicles would be fine if it just took place in x fics universe, but having people integrate it into their fics is just disjointed and distracting

I don't know why anyone would agree to add a SC chapter to their fic

Though personally if i had a fic he decided to throw sweetie at id probably be very tempted to add her into an extremely clop heavy chapter
>>
Finally got around to finishing Dusk's Dangerous Game.
Jumped the shark with the whole cosmic entities and balance thing but I overall didn't like some of the canon the story had.
I have to say, though, the battle scenes were some of the best I've come across.

Anyone got some Equestria at war stories they can recommend?
Preferably not dead like Total War or finished.
>>
>>25471660
>equestria war fics

Upheaval part 3 is still going isn't it?
The immoral game

Only other warfics i can think of are in the self insert protagonist camp
>>
>>25469372
I don't think this is entirely fair.

Clearly if a story is labeled "[self-insert] and the Incredibly Sexy and Dark Bat Pony Wot Did Sex With Him" or "Bloodwing Fucktooth is Misunderstood by Equestria When She Made Lots of Sex and Violence and Brooding Darkness" then people will rightfully think a story is stupid, but stories about cultural/racial difference are often perfectly decent. Cold In Gardez has an entire story about the carnivorous instincts of griffons and I rate it as his best story. If it's presented as a perfectly natural part of life and not a means to show off how cool the character is, there's nothing wrong with it. The idea that the different races (not just bat ponies but also unicorns/pegasi/earth ponies) have no cultural complications between them make Equestria way more boring.
>>
File: 45.jpg (22 KB, 226x255) Image search: [Google]
45.jpg
22 KB, 226x255
Welp.

Looks like I'm going to Vegas for a couple days. It's basically a belated 21st birthday present.

Fill this thing with requests.
https://www.fimfiction.net/group/205824/folder/37142/1/suggestions

I'm gonna get that other story I forgot the name of uploaded before I leave.
Wish me luck on the machines. I love you all.
>>
>>25472180

>Playing the machines.

>Not counting cards until they kick you out 'cause you're broke.

You can have fun just exploring the strip. The place is insane.
>>
>>25472180
I hope you don't get beaten in an alley for winning too much.
>>
>>25470968
>Tia has issued a death warrant
You'd better have a good excuse for this. Chatoyance tried and it was a shitshow.

>sunhorse is perfectly benevolent and doesn't want to kill anybody
>moonhorse is perfectly benevolent and has also show specific interest in keeping the mc alive
>mc is wearing a standard suppressor ring which is apparently sufficient to keep her from accidentally turning the universe inside-out
>(in this fic) there is an obvious, mostly harmless way to permanently disable an alicorn's magic
"welp i guess we have to kill her, clearly there is no other choice"

>Although in my head this is full on multiverse, and I want Tyrantlestia to meet FluffilySorryCelly.
You seen https://www.fimfiction.net/story/173606/the-conversion-bureau-setting-things-right?
>evil TCB sunhorse comes to earth and does evil TCB things
>humans (eventually) fuck her shit up and force Equestria to leave
>years later, canon Celestia shows up
>everyone flips their shit thinking Tyrantlestia is back
>Celestia + Twilight have no idea wtf is going on
>>
File: Untitled.png (41 KB, 1281x701) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
41 KB, 1281x701
Did you like L&ToAWP?

Would you like to read it again?

Would you prefer to do so in dead tree?

Would you be willing to pay 70$ for the privilege?

If the answer to any of these questions is yes, youre a fucking idiot.
>>
>>25470310
This is exactly why I stopped reading after Stardust. Which actually kind of really bothered me because at the end of Stardust the overall story's clearly not over, there's resolution still to be had, but now it's buried within a fic I have far less interest in reading. First contact was great and fascinating, but a bloody alien invasion on Equestria, um, no, no thank you. And hearing that Sweetie Chronicles is invading the story in any sort of canonical fashion further wards me away from it. I don't really have anything in particular against Sweetie Chronicles, other than the fact that I haven't read it, but I don't want to feel like I'm expected to have done so to follow another, completely unrelated fic. It's fine within the confines of the Sweetie Chronicles story itself that it's sort of interjecting itself into and parodying other major fanfics, but when those fanfics themselves start to actually work it in and canonize it, it gets weird in a way that I don't particularly care for.

But I guess I'm not really gonna be reading Mente Materia anyway, so, oh well.
>>
>>25472166
Same person you're replying to, forgot my name last time. Whoops.

Anyway yeah, there's definitely something to be said for exploring cultural differences, but I said it they way I did for a reason: having the simple fact of being a bat-pony be plot-significant does carry a risk (but not a guarantee) of potential problems. I say that because bat-ponies in particular (unlike changelings or griffons or minotaurs or whatever) tend to draw the edgier sort of writers, and it's far easier with them to sink into dark brooding angsty archetypes that no one with a brain wants to read about.

Also (and this is admittedly getting a bit more into personal opinion) as I mentioned, I've often seen bat-ponies depicted as eating meat, often raw bloody meat. But unlike griffons in particular, who make sense as meat-eaters due to their base parts....bat ponies DON'T. Or at least not the way my brain interprets them, i.e., as a varying race of the same base pony species, no different from a unicorn/earth pony/pegasus/crystal pony/what have you. Fundamental pony biology is that of an herbivore, and simply being a bat-pony wouldn't cause that drastic a change in your fundamental biology unless they were a completely different species. Which, I mean, yeah you could go that way with it, I guess, but I wouldn't. If you wanna explore drama connected to being carnivorous, as you mentioned, griffons make logical sense for that purpose. Or hell, even humans, if you wanna go that route; god knows I've seen that be a major aspect of numerous fics/comics about Twilight and/or Sunset adapting to the Equestria Girls universe.

Anyway, bottom line, I agree exploring cultural differences is cool, but I don't think bat-ponies are the ideal (or even a very good) subject for doing so.
>>
>>25473030
>https://www.fimfiction.net/story/173606
> Canon Celestia is all Whisky Tango Foxtrot

No, Hadn't seen it. BUT IT SOUNDS AMAZING
Thanks for the heads up -- see, half the reason I was posting here was my utter unfamiliarity with the existing body of works.
Gotta go before I wind up late to work though.
>>
>>25473199
Hey, I liked Life and Times.
Of course, I was reading it when it was still incomplete and I was a massive fucking brony back then, but hey.
>>
>>25474267
Ah, those were the days...
I remember reading and liking Past Sins.
Well... at least until Twilight flips her shit when Celestia wants to see if Nyx is indeed Nightmare Moon or not.
>>
>>25473215
>Also (and this is admittedly getting a bit more into personal opinion) as I mentioned, I've often seen bat-ponies depicted as eating meat, often raw bloody meat. But unlike griffons in particular, who make sense as meat-eaters due to their base parts....bat ponies DON'T
Iirc (And I could be wrong) when a herbivorous eats meat it won't hurt him, it'll simply pass undigested for most animals. Like giving corn to a dog.
One could argue that they need extra protein because X (The skin that composes their wings, for example, would be subject to wear at a really quick pace) so a bit of meat in their diet wouldn't be out of place. It's a headcanon of mine that pegasi already eat bugs as they fly to keep the tendons and general musculature on their back in good state, since it'd be under a LOT of tension.
>>
>>25475114
> one could argue

Not very well. There are lots of protein sources for horse and other herbivores; alfalfa is very high in protein and some horse owners won't feed it because of the danger it thus presents.

What about fruit bats? Here or the cartoon, they can subsist, fleshwings and all, on fruit.
Granted the way the cartoon fruitbats do it is kinda gross but still.

Me, I'd be okay about bat ponies who drank blood -- so long as they were civilized.
Maybe they have been known to travel with griffon hunting parties -- the catbird eats the meat, after the batpony drains all the blood.

Here's a cool idea I'm dovetailing a piece of, into my fiction: in Ponyfinder (the MLP extension the Pathfinder, an offshoot of DnD) if you play as a bat-pony, your speech is all in hypersonics, so you can't verbally communicate with non-bat party members without magic or writing.
>>
>>25475173
>Speech all in hypersonics

Weren't bats able to produce normal sounds too?

And I'm pretty sure the unicorns would have found some magic gimmic to hear ultrasounds.
>>
>>25475450
>unicorns have magic

I said that :-)

And yes, normal bats can/should be able to make hearable sounds. But that's how the game rules kept the race balanced.

So, the particular take I'm thinking of, is their native / racial language is a tonal one, and all the 'tones' are hypersonic.

Since they also are taught Pony when they go to public schools, few unicorns bother with a magic gimmick, but the bat-ponies still feel culturally isolated since they have to speak a foreign language when they go into town for their shopping or whatever.
>>
So, you're willing to offer non-FiM-published pieces if it's on G-Docs?

https://docs.google.com/document/d/11UBaaFGLgTipVe8d97BDPWw4Uey_Oc8cXaz677jcfWw/edit?usp=sharing

That's actually the two and a half chapters I'm having the most mental anxiety over because IM NOT WRITING CLOP by Celly's fresh milk!

The idea I'm trying to espouse, is as an alicorn in this version of this world, he will be revered as a god ... even though he's not. Unicorns will be the most comfortable, dirt buggers will be forced by magic to be ever in awe of his every breath.

So for a complete stranger to write 'how many?" as you read here, is not unreasonable. I just don't know if it's necessary.

Comments, please.
>>
File: meester pls.png (75 KB, 1358x800) Image search: [Google]
meester pls.png
75 KB, 1358x800
>>
>>25474267
I also read Life and Times during my "raging brony" phase, and liked it at first. The earlier parts that are more comedy-focused, where you're just supposed to laugh at Cloud Kicker's latest fuck-up, were fine. But later the fic tried to get all serious, and didn't do an especially good job of it.
>>
File: tut.png (265 KB, 978x917) Image search: [Google]
tut.png
265 KB, 978x917
>literally the entire series is featured right now
Anyone know if this thing is good? The upvote ratios are outrageously high. For the sequels it makes sense (only people who liked the original will bother reading them) but even the first in the series is > 60:1.
>>
>>25477236
>13k words
How about you read it and tell us?
>>
>>25475977
>revered as a god
>dirt buggers will be forced by magic to be ever in awe of his every breath
I haven't started reading it yet but this is not a good sign.
>>
>writing a story
>very rough draft of around the first chapter finished
>want to start refining it
>all of a sudden whenever I look at it I'm filled with disgust that I am literally writing my little pony fanfiction
>progress grinds to a halt
where did everything go so wrong
>>
>>25477681
When you started giving a shit.
>>
>>25475977
I put detailed comments/edits all over the first page before I got bored. Where I just wrote "huh?", it means I think the word choice and/or phrasing is wrong (I didn't want to write "this word choice is awkward/incorrect" over and over).

High-level feedback:

First, the writing: don't try to make it sound like those books you read in high school English. It's difficult to do correctly, and unlike the people who wrote those books, you are not an expert.

Second, I know this is only a short excerpt, but I don't know why you're making this a TCB thing. It seems like you don't know any TCB fanon, and what you actually want to write is some kind of first contact thing. Two things in particular: (1) TCB ponies speak English, and (2) the Equestrian border is heavily guarded on both sides, there's no way this guy got across on his first day without anybody noticing and also made it halfway across the country to some random-ass town.

You mention the MC is a computer programmer or something, which immediately makes me think this is a self-insert.

Finally, why the fuck does his first day in Equestria end with a sudden orgy? Why is his first thought on getting into bed "wonder if she wants the d" and not "god damn I'm tired from transforming and running all over Equestria all day, also I better be careful not to offend the only pony in this town I can talk to"? Everything is first contact, first contact, first contact, and then there was sex. What the hell?
>>
>mfw Sand-Nigresses on the other side of the planet are dying to get education
>mfw the civilized world barely has anyone who is able to spell correctly
>>
>>25477882
Yes, I saw all those comments on writing style that I resolved without changing anything because they you didn't do anything but write it using your style, which is painful to my eyes.

It's a TCB thing because I heard some stuff about the TCB universe and it inspired this story. The first contact stuff I've read doesn't.

I thank you for your attempt to provide input, but obviously you've wasted my time as well as yours.
>>
File: kek.png (20 KB, 1342x409) Image search: [Google]
kek.png
20 KB, 1342x409
>>
File: liberal arts.png (93 KB, 946x375) Image search: [Google]
liberal arts.png
93 KB, 946x375
>>25477925
>muh writing style
>muh superior being, clearly you have wasted muh precious time
>muh no need for criticizing

Are you this guy?
>>
>>25477925
>It's a TCB thing because I heard some stuff about the TCB universe and it inspired this story.
Someone once heard there's magic in My Little Pony, so he decided to write MLP fanfiction.
It's called Harry Potter.
>>
File: delete.png (21 KB, 892x209) Image search: [Google]
delete.png
21 KB, 892x209
>>25477925
>Yes, I saw all those comments on writing style that I resolved without changing anything because they you didn't do anything but write it using your style, which is painful to my eyes.
Your prose so far was often vague, confusing, or using non-standard word choice or sentence structure. Obviously you are free to continue writing this way, but I suspect most people ITT will agree that you should not. or would agree, if you hadn't rage-deleted the doc

>obviously you've wasted my time as well as yours.
Wow, holy shit. I thought this level of hostility to feedback was more of a "fimfiction hugbox" thing.
>>
Looking for some good Fluttercord recomendations.
Guilty pleasure, sorry.

(Preferably written after S4.)
>>
Didnt TCB finally die out? why start shitting out new tcb?

Arent there new retarded fads to latch on to out there?
>>
>>25478187
There's very little in the way of even passable Fluttercord, and I don't know of any written after S4. http://www.fimfiction.net/story/125269/bride-of-discord is the only one I've found tolerable (and I used to be big fan of Fluttercord), and it's basically an AU retelling of Beauty and the Beast. Still, if you're really craving that ship, might as well give it a whirl - it has an audio play version too that's good for background noise when doing other stuff.
>>
>>25478734
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9VWAXplHsc

Not forgotten by all.
>>
>>25478734
It's TCB in name only. He already admitted he's ignoring most aspects of the TCB universe: >>25477925
>>
>>25476463
I ship it.
>>
Can anyone who's read Alienation tell me if there's ever a good explanation for Twilight going crazy? "I'm not Twilight any more, I'm a sociopath now, time to do drugs and kill random ponies." OK, great, but why? I'm 17 chapters in and the best I've gotten so far is "well, there are some psychological disorders that are sort of similar... but nah, none of them quite match, so it's not that".
>>
File: Fug.jpg (28 KB, 359x364) Image search: [Google]
Fug.jpg
28 KB, 359x364
I think I'm in this too deep.
>>
File: YOU PLEB.png (505 KB, 1360x669) Image search: [Google]
YOU PLEB.png
505 KB, 1360x669
>>25479982
>only seven digits
You're note deep enough, Anon.
>>
>>25480046
Not my fault everything I like dies.
>>
>>25480072
What if it is?
>>
>>25480359
Anon, you were not supposed to tell him about the conspiracy.
>>
>>25479982
>putting unfinished stories in your favorites list
lmao what
>>
>>25480732
Itt: people who don't know what bookshelves are for
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2W7ggS8f4Q&feature=youtu.be
Lost and Forgotten by Violent.
Found and Remembered by Peaceful

I'm gonna go win lots of money now.
>>
>>25471660
>Equestria at war stories
There's Valor is Magic (http://www.fimfiction.net/story/58577/valor-is-magic) which checks off all the warfic cliches (Klingon Griffin Empire, fanatical batponies, ease of invading) but is still an enjoyable story none the less.

The Lunar Rebellion (http://www.fimfiction.net/story/77470/the-lunar-rebellion) is still my personal favorite warfic, despite having a rather meh protagonist and taking place in a -verse.

Blackacre (http://www.fimfiction.net/story/123244/blackacre) intermixes rebellion and some light Tyrantlestia and is probably my favorite Tyrantlestia fic.

>>25480732
>going through your favorites and shifting everything over to Tracking
You actually have time to do that?
>>
>>25481211
>implying i wasnt correctly shoving everything in the right bookshelves from the start
Plebe please.
>>
>>25472133
Oh yeah, i forgot about the Upheaval series.
Didn't know it went past Part 2.

Thanks
>>
I just finished reading Friendship is Optimal.

well, uh.

it was very interesting if anything.
>>
Just found this story http://www.fimfiction.net/story/238368/friendship-is-mind-control
Lesbian harem mind control with good writing and story
Here the synopsis Twilight never meant to mesmerise Applejack, never intended her to be bound to her voice, forever vulnerable to a single soft word. Twilight would never take advantage of it. Except, she does need to understand the limits of the spell. And somehow, the limits of what Twilight will do keep shifting.
At least she'd never cast it on any of her other friends. That would be terrible. Wrong, to take more and more of her friends under her control. Definitely wrong.
>>
Hi, Im a beginning writer and I need your help because Im blocked, I only have the plot for now( and Im not referring to the "plot" of the ponies).
With Comments: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1u2W9KMiy8udG39rx8GNyeLp9l2NzkR2FTIl6wvytaTs/edit
With Edition and Comments: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1PWWvMp7z_1y9mUcWfghy4LcXkorTmV9xkOiPkacDzPg/edit
PD: the image is the main character of the history and his mother
>>
>>25481957
>Edge edge edge

Bismuth/10
>>
>>25479740
>a good explanation for Twilight going crazy?
Shes on a short fuse in canon. its not a terribly far jump from conducting experiments on your friends to popping pills and going on a murder spree

>>25481211
>You actually have time to do that?
Dont know about him, but every month I go through and shuffle shit around depending on whats happening with it

>>25481318
I cant attest to quality in any way, shape or form since I never made it past the first one.

I guess the first one was ok for what it was, but the whole premise was so asinine that it pushed well beyond the boundaries for my suspension of disbelief and I just coundlt really get into it

>>25481621
>Lesbian harem mind control
>good writing and story
I could see each of those individually, but your complete sentence is incomprehensible to me

>>25481957
>black and red and grey oc main character (plus identical fucktrophy)
nope.
>>
>>25479982
Bro, I have 7.5 million only counting stories that I started reading this year. Get on my level.
>>
File: Celestia1405017301198.png (166 KB, 1100x1100) Image search: [Google]
Celestia1405017301198.png
166 KB, 1100x1100
>>25476463

Meester sees all.
>>
>>25477925

Oh my god, if you didn't want real feedback, you should have said so to start with!
>>
>>25481621

I can dig the fetish, but the anthro kills it for me. Which is a shame, because Twilight's descent in it is pretty fun.
>>
>>25482092
>anthro
because nudity, hands and titties.

and I guess fisting beats hoofing

If youre so unimaginative as to be unable to write horsefuckery, make it an eqg fic.
>>
>>25482232
>because nudity, hands and titties.
Literally the only three reasons anyone ever writes anthro.
>>
>>25477925
Protip: if you ask for feedback don't be a cunt about it.
>>
>>25482373
he wanted fimfiction feedback, which is all about ego stroking and dicksucking. actual criticism is a bannable offense
>>
>>25482386
>he wanted fimfiction feedback, which is all about ego stroking and dicksucking. actual criticism is a bannable offense
Yeah, there's a reason I don't ask for feedback there and only use deviantart for the forums. I've posted some things on dA that I hated as a test and only received shallow praise for it.
>>
>>25482396
What were you expecting on DA anyways?
>>
>>25482437
I was giving it a chance
>>
File: Not sue.png (352 KB, 1000x3240) Image search: [Google]
Not sue.png
352 KB, 1000x3240
>>25482443
Protip, don't.

Following character is being praised by hundreds of plebs. It's a pegasi with a non-functioning horn, frozen in ice for 4000 years and thawed, defeating every canon and fanfic enemies he meets and married to Twilight.
>>
>>25482452
There are retards everywhere. I was seeing if I found someone who wasn't one.
Haven't you ever just said "Good day" to someone you don't know? this would be more or less the same.
>>
>>25482479
What is this social interaction you're talking about?
>>
>>25482479
No, I'm the kind of person that, rather than greeting a person whom I know very well, and who also know me very well, I miss my chance and instead settle for awkward death staring.
>>
Nyx
>>
Xyn
>>
Not a Mary Sue
>>
>Read A Gay Old Time
>Expect lewdness between adolecent Silver Spoon and Diamond Thiara
>Find "Terry Prattchet Writes A Crackfic"
Some days, I am just happy. This is one of them.
>>
>>25483239
A lot of Aragon's works are like that, which is why he's one of my favorite authors. There's this combination of dumb lolsorandom humor mixed in with some really highbrow/intellectual-ish writing that makes you feel both smarter and dumber for reading it while also making you laugh.

I'd also recommend reading Long Story Short, Things Went Down, and regardless of whether you like that one or not, give Fridge Horror a try. A Hell of a Time and Crime and Funishment are good too, and while I'm not overly fond of the DONE series, it has its moments as well.
>>
>>25483290
I should also note that Fridge Horror is an actual tribute to Pratchett, and does quite well in both capturing the spirit of Pratchett's work while allowing the author to keep his own voice in the story.
>>
I should do a humor fic.
"Twilight and the Sorcerer's Stone," I'll call it. It probably won't have anything to do with 'arry Potter, just a stupid reference five chapters in.
>>
>>25483568
What would it be about?
>>
>>25483586
Whatever pops to mind and seems funny enough. Like Twilight finding out the library's been built on an ancient Indian burial ground. Or how Twilight confronts Scientology or some other kind of cult and, after figuring out all the hoaxus pocus, Xenu knocks at her front door and asks to use her toilet. Or how she starts a career in folk music and gets outrageously popular, completely neglecting her duties as an element of deus ex machina.
>>
>>25483632
You know, as fucking retarded as that sounds, I'd like to read a lighthearted comedy like that, where the chapters aren't really connected that much.
>>
>>25483652
Fucking retarded is the right mood. It's just about writing something funny and having fun whilst doing it, nary a care for what anyone else thinks.
>>
>>25483632
>>25483652
Me too. It sounds like braindead drivel, but it could be done in a really fun way.
I'd definitely read it.
>>
>>25483632
Maybe I could portray said folk music as a string of whinnies and neighs. Just random noises that seem completely dumb to anyone reading it.
And then the audience clops their hooves off and all foals in a kilometer radius are offered to be kissed.
>>
What do you think are the implications of using the phrase "to look at a gift horse in the mouth" in Equestria?
>>
>Be Fimfag
>Be Highscool 3
>Just read Catcher in the Rye and The Picture of Dorian Gray
>Woah, that's literature
>I should write on my autistic website like that
>Receive shallow praise from clueless readers

Why would some writers on Fimfic even do that?
>>
How do you know when to use showing or telling?
>>
File: show, don't tell.gif (2 MB, 320x235) Image search: [Google]
show, don't tell.gif
2 MB, 320x235
>>25484269
ALWAYS SHOW NEVER TELL
ALWAYS SHOW NEVER TELL
ALWAYS SHOW NEVER TELL
ALWAYS SHOW NEVER TELL
ALWAYS SHOW NEVER TELL
ALWAYS SHOW NEVER TELL
>>
>>25484287
Not really. Depends on what you're writing, and why. Bad writers should certainly learn how to show first, but once you know how to write with constraints, a good writer should never fear to break them. "Show, don't tell" is useful advice for people who write shitty shipfics with passages like "Rainbow Dash felt a tingly happiness in her stomach when she looked at Applejack and she didn't know what it meant (!)" but "Always show, never tell" is almost meaningless, and can lead to one of my biggest pet peeves: obvious expository dialogue.

Let's say I've written a scene depicting a religious ritual and I want to tell the reader what its meaning and origin is. I could write an elegant passage briefly elaborating on the history of the ritual—or, because so many teachers and bloggers and other jesters have instructed me to "show," I could have a kneejerk negative response to that, and seeing no other means of explaining a peculiar cultural feature of the world, launch into a contrived chapter-length scene of dialogue wherein no character talks like a real person, thereby defeating the whole purpose of "showing" in the first place insofar as it intends to reveal features of character through inference, necessarily derived from depictions of realistic behaviour.

The cinematic and gaming media traditionally have a problem with exposition because they lack the capacity to narrate history without a lengthy voiceover, hence why so many protagonists are outsiders who need things explained to them, especially in genre works. Don't bring that problem into writing. Please, just tell me about the Great War of Holy Griffon Discord Nightmare and why all the ponies talk about it in hushed tones.
>>
>>25484438
You're raising a good point, but consider this:
I was parodying the people who treat this guideline as a rule and I'd agree with you in a heartbeat even if you didn't waste your time on that wall of text.
>>
>>25484453
Oh, good.

Still, I don't regret writing it—I've seen people actually advocate the "always showing" method on FiMfic as well as outside of it. Call it Poe's Law.
>>
>>25484287

This is why we have 500,000 word fics in which nothing happens.
>>
>>25484499

>tfw you read a story with words for the sake of words, like they have a wordcount they're trying to meet per chapter

More words doesn't always mean better story folks. Please stop wasting both of our time.
>>
>>25484742
It doesn't always mean a worse story either.
>>
>>25484742
Minimal wordcounts tend to be for the purpose of the author wanting to put at least some amount of content per chapter and not fall in the Comic Sindrome-- updates with barely any content and a shitty cliffhanger. So if that new character, that argument and that party cant't even fill 5K the better is to also add the forest scene and a bit of SoL here and there.
>>
File: long.png (45 KB, 916x392) Image search: [Google]
long.png
45 KB, 916x392
>>25484742
B-but...

Also, AAG is apparently a thriller. And dark. And gore.

Also, it seems AAg has created itself an actual fandom.

>http://www.fimfiction.net/story/161729/lost-weekend
>>
>>25484812
>sidestory = an actual full-fledged fandom
no
>>
>>25484793

That, I understand. I meant when that self imposed word count is met with needlessly added details or general fluff, there's a problem.

Scenes that add to a story or character development put in to give more meat to the chapter is fine.

>>25484757
This is also true.
>>
File: Untitled.png (170 KB, 834x2065) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
170 KB, 834x2065
>>25484742
>>25484499
people actuall- [pic related]

oh. oh my.

>>25484757
see above.
>>
>>25484913
What's that?
>>
File: what made you want-2.png (120 KB, 642x336) Image search: [Google]
what made you want-2.png
120 KB, 642x336
>>25484938
http://www.fimfiction.net/story/79264/staying-sane-in-a-peaceful-world
>>
>>25484944
Im not sure if i should be appreciative or disgusted that someone else recognized that
>>
>>25484913
>see above.
See what? What am I supposed to be seeing?
>>
>>25484978
my guess is, an example in which more words did not make for a better story, QED more words must always lead to a worse story.

This is one of those logic fallacies we studied in college, actually.
>>
>>25484978
a 500,000 words story in which nothing comprehensible happens

words for the sake of words

forcing a chapter wordcount
and
excessive amounts of telling

but mostly I just noticed that The Adventures of SelfInsert McAsianninjacommando hit half a million words and felt like posting about it
>>
>>25485026
so >>25485007 was right
>>
So, anons, just passing by, and you seem smarter than the usual fare. I've got some questions that have been bugging me for some time, could you help a brotha?

Could anyone explain why picrelated has a 45 l/d ratio at 800 likes?

Also, could anyone explain why this http://www.fimfiction.net/story/55373/rebirth-of-the-damned has 2340 likes? It's a fucking WC crossover.

Are any of these at least better than Nyx?

How does this http://www.fimfiction.net/user/Bucking+Nonsense fucker grab likes when he's lolfunny shit?

How can anyone write Equestria and not make it a gynocentric matriarchy? Like, seriously?

I know I ask for much, but you guys successfully explained to a faggot why writing an edgewar of edge is stupid once.
>>
File: Untitled.png (75 KB, 1214x551) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
75 KB, 1214x551
>>25485007
>my guess is, an example in which more words did not make for a better story, QED more words must always lead to a worse story.

well...
the highest rated story on the site is 5k words, and the longest story is the chase...

fallacy? nope Id consider that proof
>>
File: скачанные файлы.jpg (6 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
скачанные файлы.jpg
6 KB, 259x194
>>25484972
haha no
my google game is just strong senpai

Also

FUCKING SOLDIER IN EQUESTRIA FUCK REALLY?

>Like his friends, Tran isn't normal by any standards whatsoever but as he would say "Normal is boring." Him, along with his friends, were summoned to Canterlot, Equestria by Celestia because of one simple concept Tran and his friends excelled in, war, violence, and combat. Despite being mere teens, the lot of them are far more experienced than the royal guard due to living in a post apocalyptic zombie ridden earth. Despite suffering from vast mental problems, the lot of them love chaos nearly as much as Discord. What shenanigans will ensure?

Oh, it's worse. shit.

ShenaniGhast innsured
>>
>>25485148
Does it beat this?

>http://www.fimfiction.net/story/300222/the-ones-from-beyond
>>
>>25485101
>Could anyone explain why picrelated has a 45 l/d ratio at 800 likes?
Because most of the FiMFiction users have terrible, terrible taste and very low standards.

>could anyone explain why this http://www.fimfiction.net/story/55373/rebirth-of-the-damned has 2340 likes?
Because of the above answer.

>Are any of these at least better than Nyx?
You're setting the bar pretty low there.

>How does this http://www.fimfiction.net/user/Bucking+Nonsense fucker grab likes when he's lolfunny shit?
Because he appeals to the aforementioned userbase.

>How can anyone write Equestria and not make it a gynocentric matriarchy?
Because the purpose of fanfiction is to explore different ideas and take the original premise into grounds that normally wouldn't be covered in canon.
>>
>>25485101
>Could anyone explain why picrelated has a 45 l/d ratio at 800 likes?
That would be difficult, considering you didn't post a picture.

>Also, could anyone explain why this http://www.fimfiction.net/story/55373/rebirth-of-the-damned has 2340 likes? It's a fucking WC crossover.
Good find. Shitload of conflicting tags, crossover, shitload of likes. I like it. Someone put it on the shitty fics scoreboard.
Maybe we really shoud make one, there are so many shitfics that are surprisingly popular.
Sadly, the only explanation is shit taste and/or autism.

>How does this http://www.fimfiction.net/user/Bucking+Nonsense fucker grab likes when he's lolfunny shit?
Because children found his channel. Are you familiar with a yotuber PewDiePie? Same target audience.

>How can anyone write Equestria and not make it a gynocentric matriarchy? Like, seriously?
We've had this discussion before, you can either look for it in the archives or hope the two Anons who really love arguing about it show up.

>I know I ask for much, but you guys successfully explained to a faggot why writing an edgewar of edge is stupid once.
You can never truly explain something to someone who lacks self-awareness.
>>
>>25485102
That would be true if the two were written by the same guy.

I once read some shitty series of novels written by some shitty teenage girl and I hared it. That's why I also hate LoTR, all series with more than one book are clearly fucking garbage.
>>
>>25485177
yes.

And I can say that despite only reading the description of the sci-fi mystery HFYHiE.

try reading one chapter of staying sane. you wont.

(stay sane that is)
>>
File: 5yy1-1440284999-230097-medium.jpg (34 KB, 256x372) Image search: [Google]
5yy1-1440284999-230097-medium.jpg
34 KB, 256x372
>>25485193
>That would be difficult, considering you didn't post a picture.

fuck

But with the picture it's easy mode

>>25485101
pic fell off
>>
>>25485214
>all series with more than one book are clearly fucking garbage.
finally you say something I can agree with
>>
>>25485224
Should've just posted a screenshot of the story, we're not familiar with every fic in existence.
Thankfully I have mad Google skills.
https://www.fimfiction.net/story/230097/crystals-wishes
>Crystal's Wishes
>by Crystal Wishes
Self-insert garbage confirmed.
Of course, it could be good self-insert garbage, but I'm not sure if I want to read it if you're saying it's so bad.

>>25485242
Oh you.
>>
>>25485256
>good self-insert garbage
does such a beast exist?

self inserts are either uberbadasses, megadonged gigolos, or both.
>>
>>25485291
I recall one particular fic, but I can't actually remember what it was.
>>
>>25485291
>good self-insert garbage
>does such a beast exist?
Well, I liked the Millenium series, and those are laughably self-insertish.
>>
>>25485214

But Anon, LoTR was originally written as a single book; the publisher split it up.
>>
>>25485178 >>25485193

>>Are any of these at least better than Nyx?
>You're setting the bar pretty low there.
Top quintile? ^;)

>Sadly, the only explanation is shit taste and/or autism.
>Because of the above answer.
Since you guys read crackfics I'd wager at least some of you know what kind of shit happens inside. If you're guessing, well, I guessed same as you.

>Because the purpose of fanfiction is to explore different ideas and take the original premise into grounds that normally wouldn't be covered in canon.
Ok, next step: how write not gynomatriarchy if have skewed gender ratio?

>We've had this discussion before, you can either look for it in the archives or hope the two Anons who really love arguing about it show up.
I NEED IT
holy shit how do I even search for this?

>You can never truly explain something to someone who lacks self-awareness.
I like you guys more and more. Even if some of you post crackshit and trollen, you good ones are ok. dont come to ths tred tomrowo

>>25485256
I started reading its brother-fic about that new guard from some faggot named Anzel. It didn't make me want to immediately downvote dislike and remove from all lists, but it wasn't interesting enough to continue.
>>
>>25485385
>Don't come to the thread tomorrow

Seriously, what's gonna happen? My aunt lives in this thread.
>>
>>25485177
>http://www.fimfiction.net/story/300222/the-ones-from-beyond
>The main 6 finally got close enough to get a good view of the monster. The group were shocked at what was before them. Sitting on the gazebo bench was a large bipedal creature, wearing greenish yellow camouflage clothing, had pale cream-colored skin, with a blonde beard on his face, covered with pouches and a backpack and some sort of device sitting on its lap.
>"What is that thing?" asked Spike.
>"I don't even know what that thing is. And I've studied multiple animals and monsters as an animal caretaker." stated Fluttershy.
>"Whatever it is, it looks dangerous, when it attacks get ready!" announced Twilight
>"Alright girls, you heard her, let's give this thing a flank kicking!" yelled Rainbow Dash.

>main six unironically
>fluttershy talkin anumuls
>spike wut
>scared twolot
>dash attack
>getting a look at unknown munstah and already know everytang

ok.
>>
>>25485323
Ah, but, see, it's a continuation of The Hobbit.
>>
>>25485385
>Since you guys read crackfics
WHOA, whoa, why the insults? Jeez.

>if have skewed gender ratio?
Not since S1, therefore not canon.

>holy shit how do I even search for this?
Search for /fimfic/ in the OP while looking for posts containing "matriarchy"? idk

>I like you guys more and more. Even if some of you post crackshit and trollen
But we don't. If you ever see a crackfic here, it's bleedin. Don't mind him, we have purposely trained him wrong as a joke.
>>
>>25485447
I think it was ACTUALLY written by a 12 year old.
>>
File: Gilbert-Gottfried.jpg (32 KB, 550x350) Image search: [Google]
Gilbert-Gottfried.jpg
32 KB, 550x350
>>25485430
I will start shitting out some fics I liked unironically and ask if I have shit taste.

like substitute demon. I like Tuna...

>>25485578
>But we don't. If you ever see a crackfic here, it's bleedin. Don't mind him, we have purposely trained him wrong as a joke.
Sounds like a group of people sitting in a room with a pile of shit, and nobody can throw it away. Ah, the joy of anonymous imageboards.
>>
>>25485598
It's more like a house with a dog that keeps shitting everywhere despite everyone trying to train him not to.
>>
File: fimfiction general.png (471 KB, 965x691) Image search: [Google]
fimfiction general.png
471 KB, 965x691
>>25485598
>I will start shitting out some fics I liked unironically and ask if I have shit taste.
I wouldn't mind some extra thread activity. If there's one thing we do very well, it's criticizing and judging.

>Sounds like a group of people sitting in a room with a pile of shit, and nobody can throw it away.
You know, that's actually very accurate.
We tried to help him improve, but he just keeps getting worse and worse, to the point that he's writing crackfics even when he thinks he's writing something serious.
If you see someone crying about how people don't appreciate his work and the only fics that get featured are shitty stories by overrated authors, it's almost definitely him.
If it has bad grammar, it's definitely him.
>>
>>25485651
Not fics by me, just the ones I like, don't get aroused too soon.
Ain't ready for my own fiction yet.
Except for one green, one crack-green and several story skeletons

So, I like Tuna (Substitute Demon). Am I shit?

>>25485578
>Search for /fimfic/ in the OP while looking for posts containing "matriarchy"? idk
Where would I do this? I know desustorage, and I can't get it to search for posts by thread.
>>
Thank God for free WiFi

I'm still alive, and no alley beatings have happened yet.

This brings up something I was curious about, is los Pegasus L.A., or Vegas?
>>
>>25486001
>Not fics by me, just the ones I like, don't get aroused too soon.
I know.

>So, I like Tuna (Substitute Demon). Am I shit?
Never heard of it. Link?

>Where would I do this?
I don't know if it's even an option. Just search for matriarchy on /mlp/. Here's one I found from /fimfic/: https://desustorage.org/mlp/thread/25179825/#25193808
>>
>>25486015
Vegas; haven't you seen the pictures? What happens in Las Pegasus, stays in Pegasus.
>>
>>25486015
>Los
L.A.
I remember people calling Vegas "Las Pegas".
Where even are you and why should I care?
>>
File: post-139354-1280605783.jpg (25 KB, 308x230) Image search: [Google]
post-139354-1280605783.jpg
25 KB, 308x230
>>25486037
http://www.fimfiction.net/story/255419/the-substitute-demon

also thank you anon, I'm going in. It looks ugly, so expect me back angry and shit.
>>
File: 1354910193489.jpg (7 KB, 102x86) Image search: [Google]
1354910193489.jpg
7 KB, 102x86
>>25486112
>Sex
>Gore
>Human
>But it would not let it's fun end.
>it would not let it is fun
I am not ready for this.

Then again, my favourite fics are probably more autistic than this.
>>
>>25486112
For a minute there, I thought this'd be a Pokemon crossover.
>>
>>25486141
The fun fact is that the gore is ... one? description of a dead snake, sex fades to black, and the human isn't human.
>>
>>25486167
I bet the adventure isn't that adventure~y to begin with.
>>
>>25486183
If by adventure you mean actually going somewhere more than a week's travel away, then yes, since the main tuna didn't do it until the latest chapters.

Also, since it takes place in the canon's future, AltU isn't necessary.

And the story isn't actually about a demon.

Uhhhhh.....
>>
>>25486044
I'd like to see the pictures.

>>25486052
In Vegas

I just thought I wouldn't be able to shitpost since some hotels charge for internet.
>>
>>25486232
Next you're going to tell me that the ponies in it aren't actually ponies.
>>
File: file.png (148 KB, 400x358) Image search: [Google]
file.png
148 KB, 400x358
>>25486241
>>
File: new-pegasus.png (162 KB, 487x422) Image search: [Google]
new-pegasus.png
162 KB, 487x422
>>
File: MoreFile.png (397 KB, 600x300) Image search: [Google]
MoreFile.png
397 KB, 600x300
>>25486260
Last one.

...today.
>>
>>25484812
>http://www.fimfiction.net/story/161729/lost-weekend
Yeah, that doesn't count at all. It's by BlueBastard, Shinzakura's #1 fan who followed him over from Spacebattles. By the way, BlueBastard is also the author of A Hairy Problem, which (somehow) spawned the "Berylverse", including 7DSJ.

On that note, 7DSJ in fact *has* created something something of a fandom.
>https://www.fimfiction.net/story/289031/7dsj-crazy-love
>https://www.fimfiction.net/story/298344/seven-days-in-sunny-june-innocence-lost
>https://www.fimfiction.net/story/288977/7dsj-you-are-the-woman
There's also this which may or may not count:
>https://www.fimfiction.net/story/254497/7dsj-how-great-the-outcry
since Flynt Coal has been credited as a collaborator on the main story since book 3 or 4. I think that fic is from before he joined the main team, though.
>>
Could someone link me to that fic were Celestia tries to kill herself? I remember particulary that her first try is first making a pile of phylosofical books and than using them to climb to a choke, then she collapses her phylosophical fundations.
>>
>>25486259
They are suicidal cultists. Does this count?

So, autism aside:

we're set 40 years after Nightmare's return. Another demon - a more successful one - possessed Twilight Sparkle and is steering Equestria to war - for the sole reason of spreading fear and pain. She rules her lands with an iron hoof, terrorizing the populace and silencing dissent.

A group of desperate ponies, seeing possessed Twilight for who she is, decide to revive Nightmare Moon and unleash her on Twilight. Retrieving the remains of Nightmare Moon's armor, the cultists travel to a secluded ruin in the jungle far away from the Mad Queen's eyes.
Many die along the way, killed by bandits, local fauna and diseases, but they manage to complete the ritual. No matter what happens to them now, the murderous Nightmare Moon, Mistress of Living Shadow will surely prove a match for the Mad Queen!

Instead they rebuild our protagonist that has been pulled in by Nightmare's spell and was bound to the armor when the elements struck.

spoiler]Also thestral oathbreakers, griffon refugees, changeling survivors, lovestruck bug queens and lewd dragons[/spoiler]
>>
>>25485101
>How can anyone write Equestria and not make it a gynocentric matriarchy?

Because it's not a matriarchy? It's not a patriarchy either. I can assure you that Equestria is gender-egalitarian.

There's simply nothing in the show to suggest that one gender is advantaged or dominant over the other. Nothing. Literally nothing. We've seen nothing but evidence for gender equality, we've seen ponies of both genders doing all sorts of things... You can argue that the top levels of their government could be referred to as a sort of matriarchy, since the current alicorns are female (doesn't mean that gender is relevant to who can become one, just means the current heads of state are female), but their society? There simply isn't, and never has been, any real evidence for a matriarchy.

So my counter point is, how could you write it as a gynocentric matriarchy when that idea literally shits all over the canon and doesn't make a bit of sense? Write alternate universe crap like Xenophilia all you want, but the canon Equestria in the show clearly has gender equality on an even greater level than we do, and it shows.

I simply can't fathom where this idea that Equestria is some sort of sexist matriarchy came from. Is it just because the show focuses more on female characters and people somehow reached the silly conclusion that it's implying something? The show DOES focus more on female characters, but it's never portrayed them as superior or dominant.

Or is the perception of "muh skewed gender ratio" influencing that? I'd argue that the gender ratio is even and we just don't see it because the crowds are filled with so many clones and inconsistencies you couldn't hope to learn anything from them. Especially when the ponies are primarily monogamous. I really don't buy that skewed gender ratio nonsense

>>25485193
>hope the two Anons who really love arguing about it show up.

I'm here, and I'm in a less than great mood so I even brought my aggressive arguing protocol.
>>
>>25486541
Sounds awesome.
>>
>>25486579
You're the hero we need, but not the one we deserve.
>>
File: 5453454354.jpg (124 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
5453454354.jpg
124 KB, 960x540
>>25486579
And even IF you headcanon that skewed gender ratio nonsense despite how, well, silly it is, there's nothing whatsoever to suggest that would hurt the idea of Equestria being egalitarian. You would have to do like the Winningverse and also headcanon that they have same-sex reproduction with the magic of love, though.

But yeah, I'm pretty sure it's even. DHX copy/pastes crowds of ponies to save time, and I think the people who take those crowds seriously enough to attempt to figure out some sort of population statistics are just plain crazy. Pic related is the kind of shit we're talking about. It varies heavily based on episode and sometimes location, but in general it tends to be a clusterfuck. You can't even always determine which ponies live where because they re-use a lot of the same ponies regardless of location.
>>
>>25486638
I think there are only seven or eight individual ponies in that crowd.
I wonder if establishments use Mirror Pool's to fill the seats of an otherwise failing show. That way you can guarantee your shitty Bridleway musical is going to be full every night.
>>
File: 1425671484129.jpg (12 KB, 367x202) Image search: [Google]
1425671484129.jpg
12 KB, 367x202
>>25486627
>tfw constantly arguing with people about this stuff
>>
>>25486579
>>25486638

>implying one part of the canon is obviously artifacts of the show being a cheap kids cartoon series
>implying that other part of the canon can't obviously be an artifact of the show being a cheap kids cartoon series.

Ponies have Barbie genitals, so they already make babies through power of love. Czech Meat Amethysts.

Ok, sorry, the other shit you wrote makes sense and I'm not going to just dismiss it like a faggot, but I needed to just get this out first.
>>
>>25486737
>Ponies have Barbie genitals, so they already make babies through power of love. Czech Meat Amethysts.
>>>/sug/
Also, Lauren Faust confirmed they reproduce by sex.
>>
>>25486579
>I simply can't fathom where this idea that Equestria is some sort of sexist matriarchy came from.
I also think it's bullshit, but it's pretty easy to see why people run with the idea.
The show has all-female main characters inb4 spike, all-female leaders, and the show itself is marketed towards females. So it's easier, since you already associate the show with femininity in some way, to make the faulty conclusion that Equestria is matriarchal. This is the foundation.
The driving reason is that people, for various reasons, want it to be gynocentric. Either for fetish reasons, for comedy, for social commentary, or because they think it's "original" and just want to subvert the "patriarchal norm".
Most shows and setting often very clearly state that they are run by men or at least egalitarian, but Equestria has no direct mention of it, and since you have female rulers and the whole IP is considered feminine, it's just easier for people to use FiM.
>>
>>25486773
Actually it was because S1 had many more female background ponies than male and the two female rulers thing supported it further.`
>>
>>25486791
I forgot to mention the background character thing, but that is essentially what I'm saying. It has a lot of female characters, and is understandably at a glance seen to be female-dominated.
>>
>>25486737
>>25486737
The bottom line for the crowds of ponies is that they are completely unreliable for determining anything.

Could you clarify what exactly you're suggesting there, though? Your position is not entirely clear.

>>25486773
Eh. I think if people payed attention the show, it'd be pretty clear to them that it's gender-egalitarian. And honestly, the fetish or comedy people should be perfectly content with keeping that shit in their alternate universe fanfiction rather than trying to insist that it's somehow canon.

>>25486791
I've already attempted to establish that taking those crowds of background ponies so seriously is a mistake. All those clones, all those inconsistencies... Again, I just don't buy the idea of some sort of skewed gender ratio.
>>
>>25486874
>I've already attempted to establish that taking those crowds of background ponies so seriously is a mistake.
I know, I was just saying it's the reason so many people think it's true.
Not to mention there are more generic male ponies now.
>>
>>25486874
>Eh. I think if people payed attention the show, it'd be pretty clear to them that it's gender-egalitarian.
It has a female target audience, arguably a "female" aesthetic, female main cast, female rulers and belongs to a female brand.
I'm not talking about those who really look into the show. I'm just saying that I get why people, at a glance, think it might be matriarchal.
>>
What's the story where RD goes forward in time and they have to find all the elements?
>>
>>25487023
https://www.fimfiction.net/story/48739/harmony-theory
>>
>>25487030
thanks holmes
>>
>>25487030
By the way, those three nordic sounding stories he wrote sounded uninteresting to me, but people say they are good
>>
>>25486772
bbbut how do they make sex with barbie genitals?? /s

So.
>>25486773
all-female strategic asskicking force, all-female leaders, and predominantly female ponies in positions of power.

But this is not a matriarchy. Rright.

I see several ways out of this for you:
1) Equestria is gender-egalitarian, but stallions just don't have the drive to fight to the top unlike mares do. Nobody is barring them from entry though.
2) Stallions and mares actually take leadership positions in roughly equal proportions, but lower birth/early childhood survival rates for stallions means that there are just less males around.
3) This is another artifact of a show being a cheap cartoon series for girls (CCSG) and stallions and mares actually take leadership positions in roughly equal proportions, but they are just not shown to us.
4) Some other clever way, I'm not stupid enough to limit you to my strawman choices

>>25486874
>Could you clarify what exactly you're suggesting there, though? Your position is not entirely clear.
>...it'd be pretty clear to them that it's gender-egalitarian.
for now please read above.
>>
>>25487062
The only nordic-sounding stories I know of are the Austraeoh series, which is by a different author entirely.
https://www.fimfiction.net/story/25966/austraeoh
>>
>>25486772
>Also, Lauren Faust confirmed they reproduce by sex.
Sauce?
>>
>>25487073
>/s
>name
No.
I understand you might be new here, but please lurk before posting. This site has a specific culture that we like other people to respect.
>>
>>25487088
pic
>>
>>25487073
>all-female strategic asskicking force
Pure accident.

>all-female leaders
Depends how relevant ponies like Prince Blueblood are to internal politics.

>and predominantly female ponies in positions of power.
Completely redundant statemement considering the previous one.

>Equestria is gender-egalitarian, but stallions just don't have the drive to fight to the top unlike mares do.
Why would you think that? What important female ponies other than the princesses are there?

>there are just less males around.
False.

I'm not even the guy you're arguing with, but you're a retard.
>>
>>25487073
>all-female strategic asskicking force
They are that by chance only. All military and military leaders we've seen are male.
Likewise, the Canterlot delegation in Princess Spike had a male leader, and tons of the delegates were males. There were male nobles at the Equestria games. The Mane 6 and the Royal Sisters are not in their role as a result of some sort of some sexist society, they are outliers. All "normal" characters seem not to be predominantly one or the other.

So in short, I'll take option 5:
>You're making shit up by saying there are predominantly females in power.

Also:
get the fuck out
>>
>>25487073
>all-female leaders, and predominantly female ponies in positions of power

Ah. Are you referring to government? You could probably almost count the number of government ponies in the show on your fingers. On the other hand ,we've seen plenty of positive and socially/economically successful ponies of both genders. The show does not include politics, and there aren't many ponies in "positions of power" in the show regardless of whether you're looking for male or female characters.

And by god, the protagonists do things in a slice of life/adventure hybrid show. What a world! But really, this show is targeted at little girls, the main characters are mostly female, so we get to see more into their lives and see them doing more.

>1) Equestria is gender-egalitarian, but stallions just don't have the drive to fight to the top unlike mares do. Nobody is barring them from entry though.

Load of nonsense. Both genders have been clearly shown as equally capable in the show, and there are plenty of successful ponies of both genders. The only difference between the two is physical strength, and I'd argue the difference is much less than with humans, since we've seen mares doing some heavy-duty work too.

>2) Stallions and mares actually take leadership positions in roughly equal proportions, but lower birth/early childhood survival rates for stallions means that there are just less males

Go ahead and scratch out the survival rates one, because that's just getting into extremely grimdark territory. The amount of death and suffering to even make that kind of impact would be enourmous, and while Equestria isn't totally perfect, it's still a very nice and well protected place. Nobody is dying in mass numbers.

And birth rates? Nah. Again, I think the gender ratio is even. The ponies ARE primarily monogamous, so if you insist on headcanoning that silly skewed gender ratio stuff, you'll have to also headcanon that whole reproduction with the magic of love stuff.

1/2
>>
>>25487185
>1/2
oh god no
>>
>>25487073
This is like saying a town in England with a female mayor is proof of the matriarchy.
>>
Wrote it in my bio, but as of today, I'm done using fimfiction. I just get no more enjoyment out of it, either reading or shitposting.

GG senpaitachi. Of course I'll still post here :^)
>>
>>25487205
Okay, please answer these questions:
>why the fuck should I care?
>why the fuck do you bother posting about this?
>why the fuck do you assume anyone will care?
>why the fuck do you assume people will want to read your bio?
>why the fuck do you assume the people you assume will read your bio will care?
>why the fuck would you post in a general dedicated to something you don't like?
>why the fuck do you just not leave?
Take your time.
>>
>>25487185
>3) This is another artifact of a show being a cheap cartoon series for girls (CCSG) and stallions and mares actually take leadership positions in roughly equal proportions, but they are just not shown to us.

Depending on what you want to call an artifact, this one is almost surely true. It has little to do with the show being a children's cartoon and more to do with the scope and focus of the show being very limited. This is a slice of life with some adventure and fantasy elements, and it's in an episodic format with a strong but still limited continuity. The show is our window into Equestria, and it doesn't give us hardly anything in the way of politics. The only way a pony in a position of power will be shown is if the story of the episode in question calls for it, or maybe if you see them in background. We've seen some in the background, but it's limited.

But yeah. Screentime wise, the show focuses on female characters. But it's never portrayed them as superior, nor has it portrayed their society as being dominated by one gender. It's a matter of where the focus in screentime is, and nothing more. I will mention again that, since the current alicorns are female, you can technically refer to their GOVERNMENT, at least at the top levels, as matriarchal, but that's only due to the current heads of state being female, and does not indicate discrimination.
>>
>>25487236
Why are you giving him the attention he so desperately craves?
There's a perfectly fine debate going on that is not about guns for once!
>>
>>25487250
I wanted to let an attention whore know that nobody cares.
Also I'm not going to read all these walls of text, I'm just waiting for a (You) so I can argue with someone who disagrees with me instead.
>>
>>25487250
>There's a perfectly fine debate
It's about gender, Anon. There's nothing new about it.
>>
>>25487245
And by god, we don't even have a Celestia episode yet, that alone should tell you how little we see of "ponies in positions of power", even the ones we already know of.
>>
>>25487236
>why the fuck should I care?
You care enough to reply, so I take it that you care.

>why the fuck do you bother posting about this?
Took me only a few moments to post that lmao.

>why the fuck would you post in a general dedicated to something you don't like?
I'm sorry what? I said "I get no more enjoyment out of it [fimfiction.net]" that doesn't say "I hate this site."

>why the fuck do you just not leave?
Why do you keep adding fuck? Are you twelve or something?
>>
>>25487245
>I will mention again that, since the current alicorns are female, you can technically refer to their GOVERNMENT, at least at the top levels, as matriarchal
You shouldn't even do that, really. Or you could start calling things like the Byzantine Empire ca 800 a matriarchy.
>>
>>25487294
k
>>
>>25487308
k
>>
>>25487272
Princess Spike might be something to look at. The delegates probably aren't political leaders, but they hold a role nevertheless. And they're of both genders.
>>
>>25487327
>Princess Spike
I wanted to ask, but I kept forgetting
Am I the only one who noticed that Major Mare is kinda sorta absent in that episode? raises questions of what happened with her when first a princess appeared in her city and then a castle for said princess appeared in the same city. Is she Twilight's unofficial secretary, taking care of the paperwork while Twilight fights the monthly Everfree abomination and gets all the praise? we do know that she still holds the tittle from the Pinkie Lego episode.
>>
File: gunsmith_cats.png (47 KB, 600x603) Image search: [Google]
gunsmith_cats.png
47 KB, 600x603
>>25487250

Okay--can we safely assume all gunsmiths in Equestria are all female, or is there some reason to suppose stallions are capable of such work in spite of the show never once showing us a stallion gunsmith?
>>
>>25487363
Silly, that's because all the stallions spend their time forginf wingblades. :^)
>>
>>25487352
>Am I the only one who noticed that Major Mare is kinda sorta absent in that episode?
She's the mayor, why would she have to be part of the delegation?
>>
It seems I just stepped on an old sore, and I didn't even get to read the previous arguments yet.

>>25486772
Also, am I really arguing with people who need to explicitly state that ponies reproduce sexually? Next we'll need sources on how they breathe.

>>25487132
>chan culture unironically
funny joke. everybody laughs.
please don't make me triforce to prove myself worthy of your time
I'm voluntarily marking myself as the singular faggot that is trying to stink up your cozy house and your shitting dog.

>>25487178
>All military and military leaders we've seen are male.
Military that is half eye-candy and half TSA if we're going by canon
>The Mane 6 and the Royal Sisters are not in their role as a result of some sort of some sexist society
That's also exactly the reason we don't see many female leaders on good old Terra.
Also, implying that gender differences don't exist and all inequality is born purely from sexist oppression
>get the fuck out
sorry I hurt your fee-fees

>>25487185
>Ah. Are you referring to government?......[snip]
I guess you can use this to dismiss the "positions of power" argument.

>Load of nonsense. Both genders have been clearly shown as equally capable in the show
I don't remember much brash, aggressive stallions in the show. Maybe there are, please don't handwave it again as "it's for girls and they are not interested so they exist we just don't see them"

>Go ahead and scratch out the survival rates one, because that's just getting into extremely grimdark territory.
gender ratios in humans go from naturally slightly favoring boys at birth to favoring females at adulthood, and that is without grimdark factors like war or disease. Similarly, a skewed gender ratio at birth isn't something silly or unnatural. Make the two work in the same direction and you have your skewed gender ratio for adults, I'm not asking for a miracle here.
Besides, the construction jobs and train-stuff are done by stallions, I bet these are risky professions...

contd
>>
>>25487529
>Next we'll need sources on how they breathe.
They absorb oxygen through their pores, I tell you!
That's what the fur is for, to filter the air!
>>
>>25487373
wingblades are only slightly less dumb than gunblades.

Wait. This isn't /foe/ so why are we talking about it here?
>>
>>25487529
>please don't handwave it again as "it's for girls and they are not interested so they exist we just don't see them"

Yeah, sorry? It's a show for girls, age 6-10. It's going to be full of female role models for them to identify with. Deal with it.
>>
>>25487545

We were shitposting, Anon. Just roll with it.
>>
>>25487529
>implying that gender differences don't exist and all inequality is born purely from sexist oppression
I'm not, you mongoloid.

I seriously fucking hope this is just some wild shitposting.
>>
>>25487529
>I don't remember much brash, aggressive stallions in the show

Bulk Biceps? I can't think of many 'brash' mares other than Dash and Lightning Dust though, so it's not like it's some sort of super common trait to begin with.

>Similarly, a skewed gender ratio at birth isn't something silly or unnatural.

In humans and all other mammals, the difference is fairly hard to notice, and the only reason it's noticed at all is because of our relatively modern ability to poll census with such great accuracy. There's no basis in reality for a skewed gender ratio to that extent, so if you insist on headcanoning that nonsense you'll just have to cite magic.

>Besides, the construction jobs and train-stuff are done by stallions, I bet these are risky professions...

Again, the amount of death and suffering to make an impact of the scale you're suggeting would be enormous. It would be Warhammer 40k tier grimdark. Construction jobs and stuff like that are more dangerous than your average job, but not to the extent that people would be dropping dead left and right. Especially since Equestria has modern construction equipment and stuff like that. Besides, we've seen mares with jobs like construction.

And the point that the ponies are primarily monogamous still stands. Again, unless you headcanon some sort of same-sex reproduction, that guarantees it being even. All these things considered and others, I'm staying with my position that the gender ratio is even.
>>
>>25487609
>I seriously fucking hope this is just some wild shitposting.
He's putting on a name and has admitted that wants to shit up the thread.
What do you think?
>>
>>25487185
>>25487245

Also, since we're invoking CCSfG a lot, we can surely know that any form of romantic relations not normal for humans en-masse will be shown. Maybe some gay characters in a special episode sometime.
So, just like "not enough politicians because for girls" we have "only monogamous couples because children"
Aren't ponies mostly single if we consider canon anyway? Including single parents. (or is the other parent not shown but obviously there?)
Beside, monogamy is not the norm for mammals, including humans, but that's neither here nor there.

>But it's never portrayed them as superior, nor has it portrayed their society as being dominated by one gender.
Do you even realize the kind of fuck the show would get if it would promote female supremacy?... CCSfG.

So, in short, ponies are Sweden except when they aren't but then they are too because it's just not shown.

Basically the only non-human thing they have is the body, but now that we have EqG it's fixed.

...It's not like you're even wrong!

>>25487194
1) males are outliers and are discarded
2) count females in position of leadership
All countries are now matriarchies.
>>
>>25487665
> "not enough politicians because for girls"

That's relevant, I suppose, but it's literally not remotely what I said. I don't think you're even reading my posts. I said there are limited politicians because that sort of thing isn't within the focus of the show. You could take some sort of super detailed anime for adults, and if it was a slice of life, you might not see anything about politics or leaders or shit like that.

And I'm quite sure monogamy is the norm. Literally every couple we've seen has been monogamous. This information has the benefit of both sometimes being within the scope of the show, and not being second-thought copy/pasted details, unlike the things you're comparing it to. Keep in mind that this DOESN'T mean that poly is illegal or unaccepted, it just means that most ponies are monogamous so polygamy and what-not is rather uncommon.
>>
>>25487609
Again, the show has portrayed the genders as equally capable on pretty much all fronts. The only exception is physical strength, but the difference there is less than humans I'd say. There are plenty of positive and successful ponies, both male and female, in the show, even if the female ones get more screentime often enough. There are no traits that are exclusively male or female.

Anyway, this whole conversation has become a shitshow. As expected, unfortunately.
>>
File: ramboflower.jpg (27 KB, 369x321) Image search: [Google]
ramboflower.jpg
27 KB, 369x321
tagging for faggots: matriarchy

>>25487307
Comparing more than a thousand years with a female head of state with a single female ruler?

>>25487327
>Princess Spike might be something to look at.
which i think i will actually do

>>25487544
We need Word Of God on this!

>>25487560
How does this transform into "but outside of this age-appropriate restricted narrative window into the universe everything is basically just _western_ human shit but with hooves?"
I know the target audience wouldn't care, but for a thread on autismchan about writing horse words this is just weird.
Why even bother with horses when you have humans? Humans are even more like humans than horses.
Do you just like horses? It's ok I guess.

>>25487654
>>25487721
I'll just sum up:

> "not enough politicians because for girls"
I'm not trying to insult you or your argument, this was a poor choice of words on my part.
"because for girls, because scope", all in all it's a children's cartoon.
And you are not wrong - if as a fanfic reader/writer you want to be constrained to something that could realistically air as part of the show. I'm not saying this is bad, it's just something I realized for myself after talking to you all

Thank you all, it's been a delight. You're a weird bunch, but you're alright. don't come to the thread tomorrow
(except you faggot >>25487609 >>25487178 )
>>
>7dsj: treasure, chapters 9-10

#9: Applejack's mom goes to visit the memorial of the guy she accidentally killed in an car crash. She meets the guy's daughter there. Everything is awkward for a moment but then the girl starts thanking AJ's mom profusely for "saving" her dad. Turns out dear old dad was a raging alcoholic who (at the time of the accident) was on his way to her mom's house with a car full of guns.

All that is entirely tangential to the main story, which goes like this:
AJ asks her mom about the "selfish mistake" she mentioned while talking to the girl. Mom refuses to explain, and insists that AJ get the story secondhand from Big Macintosh. Turns out, mom and dad had a bit of a rough patch 10+ years ago, and were considering getting a divorce. Obviously, this is a Big Deal that calls for dramatic family meeting.

At the meeting, more drama:
>They wanted a divorce because Mom was cheating
>Mom was cheating because Dad was so butthurt about moving away from the farm that "she felt she could only get solace in the arms of another man"
(So it's not anybody's fault, really.)
And most important of all,
>Mom was pregnant with the other man's child!!! AJ would have had another sibling, but Mom miscarried two months after the car accident
As you'd expect, AJ and Apple Bloom react to this news in a perfectly reasonable, level-headed manner.

#10: Sunset spends the holidays with her new family. No drama, just good feels all around. I actually liked it.

As a minor side note, I think this is the first 7DSJ story to give Sunset's exact age: she's twenty-nine. Of course, on earth she's listed as 16 years old, and she presumably looks the part. Kind of odd, but otherwise I guess it's hard to make the timelines work out on the Equestrian side of the mirror.

And that's the end of 7DSJ: Treasure! The main story should start up again in two more weeks. If I get bored before then I might just have to read that 7DSJ/FNAF crossover.
>>
File: 1443081481779.gif (2 MB, 250x188) Image search: [Google]
1443081481779.gif
2 MB, 250x188
>>25488002
>7DSJ/FNAF crossover.
>>
>>25487990
>horses

I don't see the comparison being very valuable. MLP ponies are equine, and thus have similiar physical anatomy, but that's about the only real similarity with the horses in our world. They are sapient, magic, talking ponies. They have advanced communication and a complex, benevolent society. Physically, they aren't even identical, their limbs are more flexible, they can throw up, different proportions, among other things.

Their society doesn't resemble anything related to horses. It's not completely identical to ours either, but it's based on ours and builds from there. It's something like what we'd be if we all valued friendship, love, etc, and other nice things a lot more, among other things. It's also a fantasy setting with all sorts of things that can bring to the table, which shakes thinks up a bit.

Stuff like Xenophilia that tries to write them and their society as more horse-like ultimately strongly contradicts the canon. Hence it being an alternate universe.
>>
>>25488002
>/FNAF crossover.
You sure are hardcore senpai. Did you read everything and so there are no books left?
>>
>>25488085
But yeah, Equestria is a very nice place. Not perfect, but they highly value stuff like friendship, love, other nice things, and in general things seem pretty benevolent.

But anyway, I'm tired after all this debating and I'm having difficulty wording some of this stuff, so if nobody else has anything to say, I'll be going now.
>>
>>25488085
>Stuff like Xenophilia that tries to write them and their society as more horse-like ultimately strongly contradicts the canon.
No it doesn't. Like you've been saying, we only see a small part of their society, based on what would be most relevant/interesting to 6 year old girls. There are multiple ways to fill in the rest, some more likely than others. I think the egalitarian, monogamous, etc. version is probably the most likely, but the what Xenophilia proposes is not by any means impossible. (So I would not consider it an AU for that reason.)
>>
>>25488167
No, it most definitely does contradict the canon. The show contradicts Xenophilia at every relevant turn, the differences are huge. But we've already gone over all that.

Either way, it must be an AU. The herding nonsense is clearly not the case.

And again, my argument had less to do with "6 year old gears" and more to do with the scope of the show. The target audience is not at all irrelevant, but every cartoon and show in general has it's own scope, and things outside of that scope are limited. Information about Equestria is ultimately scarce to some extent, but the information that they are egalitarian and primarily monogamous is very reliable.

Anyway, I think we've had enough of this debate.
>>
>>25488085 >>25488167

I see. I was just really surprised by the fact that this kind of canon contradiction is shunned.

I mean, I understand why a shitty self-insert for fucking a harem of the sweetest little mares that are just like that girl you dream about in school wouldn't want that mare to bust some balls (or not be based on a human at all), but aside from that?...

I mean, sanitized history books for children exist, like something about the Ukrainian Cossacks being sober, proud warriors of honor and chivalry - basically knights (while they were basically Wild West frontiersmen with all the shit that comes with the job)

I guess I didn't believe that you want to keep the stories in the sanitized nice window.

Again, doesn't make it bad, makes it nice actually.

>>25488235
>The target audience is not at all irrelevant, but every cartoon and show in general has it's own scope, and things outside of that scope are limited. Information about Equestria is ultimately scarce to some extent, but the information that they are egalitarian and primarily monogamous is very reliable.

oh why did you do this why why wHY
>>
File: elephant boy.png (839 KB, 840x920) Image search: [Google]
elephant boy.png
839 KB, 840x920
>>
>>25488235
>6 year old gears

Goddamnit, *girls

I need some rest. It's become entirely clear that the steampunk is leaking into my thoughts. Bottom line though, I strongly disagree with the idea that Xenophilia is somehow compatible with the canon. The differences between it and the show are very heavy, and it's not just something you could be missing. We're talking differences down to the fundamental structure of society, and the show has at the very least made that kind of stuff very clear.
>>
>>25488250
>oh why did you do this why why wHY

I'm struggling a bit with finding the right words for this stuff, but eh.
>>
>>25488250
>I was just really surprised by the fact that this kind of canon contradiction is shunned.
>I guess I didn't believe that you want to keep the stories in the sanitized nice window.
Fuck the haters. Write whatever version of Equestria you think is most plausible or most interesting. As long as you do a good job with it, nobody will care too much.
>>
>>25488278
>Bottom line though, I strongly disagree with the idea that Xenophilia is somehow compatible with the canon. The differences between it and the show are very heavy, and it's not just something you could be missing. We're talking differences down to the fundamental structure of society, and the show has at the very least made that kind of stuff very clear.
The show (at least through mid-S2, when Xenophilia was written IIRC) did not have much to say with regard to romantic relationships, which is the main point where Xenophilia takes a non-obvious approach.
>>
>>25488311
Sure, you can write whatever makes you happy, fanfiction is pretty free of restrictions, but if you're making heavy enough changes from the show, chances are you're gonna need the alternate universe tag. A lot of people don't seem worry too much about the canon at all when reading fanfics, but still.

>>25488336
As in romantic relationships where the ponies both have speaking roles? Sure, those were fairly limited. But if you count couples shown who don't, and stuff like that, there were plenty. Hearts and Hooves Day is a good example of a whole bunch in one place. There's also the comics, but I wouldn't blame you if you don't consider those to be a reliable source, given the questionable dips in quality in many issues.

But yeah, I pretty strongly disagree with Xenophilia's approach to many things, for various reasons.
>>
>>25488111
>Did you read everything and so there are no books left?
I've read all the main series, including the initial stories by BlueBastard featuring Edgelord McWerewolf and Raspberry Beryl. Book 4 was updating weekly for a while, which was nice, but it's on hiatus this month while Shinzakura works on other things AAG SOON.

Shinzakura only has four completed 7DSJ side stories:
>Treasure: just finished it
>The Three Sunrises: Sunset feels, sounds like it might actually be good
>A Mother's Duty: Celestia feels, also might be good
>Three Nights at Freddy's: guaranteed to be spectacularly awful
There's a bunch of stuff by other authors too, but I don't have much desire to read any of that, because I assume everything in this series is shit, and only Shinzakura's special brand of shit is crazy enough to be interesting.

Hey, maybe I should go read those two AAG prequels instead? One is Rara focused, and AAG Rarity is batshit crazy, so that might be interesting. The other I think might explain why AAGverse includes both Derpy Hooves and Ditzy Doo (as two distinct characters).
>>
>>25488459
>One is Rara focused, and AAG Rarity is batshit crazy
Surely Shinzakura managed to explain Rarity's descent into blind insanity believable, right?
Go for it, fignog.
>>
>>25488250
>I was just really surprised by the fact that this kind of canon contradiction is shunned.
It's not really shunned, except under convenient circumstances (e.g. firearms). People will write stories where pony characters commit suicide, come to terms with grief that can never be satisfied, or struggle with other deep, irreconcilable conflicts that would never be portrayed in the show, and few if any will criticise their adherence to canon. Warfics get some stick but are broadly accepted as a genre (hence Fo:E, Equestria: Total War, The Immortal Game, The Age of Wings and Steel). The criticisms tend to be focused on specific things because people aren't consistent in their thinking and draw arbitrary lines at which the point the imperfect and human mental states they accept in ponies seep out into the material world of Equestria in the form of war, strife, poverty, etc.

I had a whole argument about this in the last thread regarding guns—the idea you can treat ponies as serious moral agents in their personal lives, able to grapple with irreconcilable conflict, and then claim "Guns are impossible in Equestria because ponies are lovely super sweet little girl creatures that solve conflict with musical numbers and cake!" is specious. You've already ceded that ground if you accept stories in which ponies commit love, experience unrequited love, suffer lifelong grief or guilt with no hope of redemption, etc. The only stories that are true to the letter of the show are slice-of-life stories that simply imitate it or the My Little Dashie type escapist fics that present Equestria and ponies as quite literally too good for this world.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 78

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.