[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fimfiction Thread: Now with 33% more shameful self-awareness
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 53
File: Fictiondrome.png (909 KB, 1280x696) Image search: [Google]
Fictiondrome.png
909 KB, 1280x696
Come one and all and help raise the quality of My Little Pony fanfiction! Featuring: luscious lusting for horsecock.

ITT: Unicorns vs. Pegasus vs. Earth Ponies, again. We can finally filter Anon and Self-Insert stories. Blatant abuse of the new story categories, words that don't rhyme, FO:E vs. FoE, >tfw you'll never read that fic for the first time ever again, catching up with easthorse, suicide contemplation, death by terminal velocity, Zionist conspiracies, comparing humans to minotaurs and monkeys, French Fiction, flattering Mythril Moth, Research Papers about the science of a cartoon world. The spiritual succesor of Andre, Shortskirts surreptitiously Stockholm-Syndromes his zealots, Seven Days in Sunny June is still balls to the wall insane, Chuck Norris jokes, Cosmology, people still haven't memorised every line from the show, displaced fics are still not dead, somehow, Voiceguy has a crisis, Shinzakura doesn't know about statutory rape, Starla has a nice voice, deposing the rightful ruler of a kingdom and establishing a puppet regime, and Regidar taking the horsecock.

Tired of the same old 'Human goes to Equestria to fuck his underage waifu' formula? Burnt out after reading that Fallout crossover? Well, we've compiled the best of the worst in order to bring you our absolute average!

Introducing, the FiM-Fiction Starter Kit (list of winners): http://i.imgur.com/vuTA7EN.png (embed)

List of nominees by category: http://mlp-fanfics.herokuapp.com/

>Need a good writing prompt?: http://autismwhinnies.tumblr.com/

Riffs and Reviews:
http://pastebin.com/u/notkickass222urmom

Voiceguy's readings:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCt68MpmvEketmqOdHncHI2w

>Prompt of the Week: Ponies doing horsey things.

Do you want critique on your story? Post it on Google Docs with inline comments enabled.

Old thread: >>25332871
>>
Fuck, I forgot about the non-fiction books.
>>
>>25403210
>non fiction
>in a thread about fanfictions
>>
New threadly reminder that with just telekinesis a Unicorn could take down and kill an earth pony and an Pegasus at the same time.
>>
>>25403238
It's non-fiction about a fictional universe, does that still count?
>>
>>25403246
lol idiot u think u smrt?

dae earth pony will jump at unicorn and maul him and dont take out dodging or unicorn hitting him lol earth pone cant be dodged and can react quick

pegasi have wingblad who cut unicorn and dont bring out that too heavy bullshit ur a fag so everything to heavy try to tllk back yeah yu can faget
>>
>>25403204
I'm finally part of the OP. My life is complete.

Also, got bored of/intimidated by the whole research paper on teleportation thing after writing the abstract. I'm thinking of instead spending a few months developing the first principles for magic, then writing a dissertation from Twilight's perspective proving the equivalence of friendship and magic from said first principles.

Thought? Comments? Textbook or paper recommendations?
>>
>>25403313
Don't be an autist and don't write stupid shit.
>>
Thinking of doing an anti-mane 6 vs mane 6 story since its november. I'm a shit writer in general so I'm gonna try to get as much planning as possible.

How far does one plan when writing a story? I'm currently starting with making the anti characters. Its harder than it seems to make ponies that aren't "Applejack but dishonest"
>>
>>25403465
>Dark Stars of equestria
>>
>>25403210

That summary is too long anyway.
>>
>>25403313
Idea.
Philosophical thoughts based on magic by ancient unicorns. Like our Greek philosophers. Mostly right, but really just eyeballing the shit out of everything very hard.
>>
>>25403465
Don't make anti-elements, that's too predictable. go for corrupted, or extreme versions of them.

The opposite of AJ's wouldn't be dishonesty, but more like brutal honesty.
RD's would probably be loyalty to the wrong causes or blind faith in the wrong ideals.
Pinkie's could be, I'unno, avoiding reality by not taking anything seriously?

That's more interesting and presents a better dynamic to the character.
>>
>>25403531
Corrupted Laughter is basically S2 Discord, more concerned with making himself laugh than others.

Corrupted Kindness could be the traditional Mercy Killer or someone who thinks they know what's best for you and imposes that idea on you without consent.

Corrupted Magic/Friendship is Starlight "I gave you harmony!" Glimmer.

I love the idea of corrupted elements, and villains who truly believe what they are doing to be right because they embody a certain virtue.
>>
>>25403531
>Negajack the Critic
>Negadash the Zealot/Scientologist
>Negapie the Conservatist
>Negararity the Faggot who backs literally everyone on Patreon
>Negashy the Psychologist
>Negasparkle the Communist Dictator
>>
>>25403504
I'll probably have the level of rigor be around 1700s level, so there'll be a combination of hard math backed by repeated observations and first principles and "lol I dunno Aristotle said it was like this so let's say he's right."
>>
>>25403566
Five cents say we see something like this in the finale.
>>
>>25403465
>How far does one plan?

Very far. Backstories, motivations, in-universe elements, AU elements, everything is going to go under scrutiny the moment you write us down the main idea.

Just try to put your idea to the test with simple questions, and see if it stands up realistically or crumbles down under its plotholes.
>>
>>25403531

Anti is just used to simplify it. They're more like just their equivalents.

I'm on AJ and Dash at the moment.

AJ's opposite is one who is bad at honesty and would be brutal with it.

Dash's other would be loyal from fear rather than respect or friendship

>>25403636
Thank you
>>
>>25403636
>planning out anything
Fanfictions is the art of running with an idea, as long as you can, before being yanked back by the collar of stupid. But, like a dog without a sense of feeling, you will ignore the choking sensation until you pass out and or die.
>>
>>25403681
I kinda agree, there's a lot to be said about improvisation, but you definitely must have some sort of plan of what you want to do with a story, otherwise you get a story that goes on forever, or just flat out stops updating because the writer cornered himself.

On the other end of the spectrum, if you go deep with your planning, remember to actually go through with it, otherwise you end up like pic related. (I'd upload the full version, but that one's 16 Mb.)

That thing has been going on for years, has a full wiki, a few side stories made by other people, and it doesn't have a single chapter out.
>>
>>25403726
What is this it you are speaking of?
>>
>>25403783
Where the World Ends.

> http://www.fimfiction.net/story/983/where-the-world-ends

It even has a group!

> http://www.fimfiction.net/group/1424/where-the-world-ends-wtwe-fics

Also, I take back what I said, the wiki is down.
It's a shame, too, because it had a lot of artwork that was very cool.
>>
>>25403465
>when writing a story
You should know what's going to happen. What's the plot, who wins--that sort fo thing.

For that, you'll need to think up a reason for the "anti-M6" to be there and fight since that's the central premise. Are they a mirror universe invasion? Some dark magic shit? What?

>>25403726
>remember to actually go through with it
This. The more you plan and plot out, the greater the tendency to get stuck in a cycle of revision where you spend all your time revising the outline/characters/whatever and never actually write.

>>25403813
>I removed the story until I have at least a chapter or two to publish, I just need to get my prereaders back together, a new revision of the map going, and get some momentum going.
>Posted August 15, 2013
That's a bad feel I know all too well.
>>
>>25404044
>anti-M6 is a future version of the normal M6, but is later revealed to be from an alternate timeline
Done, with space for double plot twist.
>>
>Write a gorefic.

>They keep telling you its a trollfic over and over again.

God, why is Fimfiction filled with whiny pieces of shit. Goddamn.

>Ooooh, this is moderately gory and has bad things happening, I have to act like an immature child.

Every fucking time.
>>
>>25404468
>gorefic
>publish it to fimfiction
Does it at least feature a decent overall story; albeit however small it is? If yes, then don't be surprised.

Does it feature gore for the sake of gore? If yes, grow the fuck up and try again big babby.
>>
>>25404468
post link to fic bleedin
>>
>>25404468
If you're bleedin, then you need to get good.
Read this classic and try to understand what you do wrong.
http://ps28.squat.net/bataille_story_of_eye.pdf
>>
>>25402182
Journalism, got myself an internship at a news station here and I'm hitting up communications as a major in college.
>>
>inb4 fuck off starla, no one cares, not your personal army, etc.

But seriously, this comment is gold. This should be framed.
>>
File: lmao autism.png (77 KB, 939x353) Image search: [Google]
lmao autism.png
77 KB, 939x353
>>25405241
>forgot image
I am a retard, please rape my face.
>>
>>25405248
Fuck off Starla, no one cares, we're not your personal army. Just because someone roasted the shit out of you doesn't mean you can ask us for help.
>>
>Norsewords
>All this "Oh so deep and provocative" bullshit around the whole Reed incident.
Holy fucking crap, why do edgy adolescents think that RD is guilty of making the right choice after being forced into a horrible blue-and-orange-morality situation? the monks are the ones who decided to kill themselves over it. Verlax is the one who forced her into it. RD didn't even actually knew for sure what was that was going to happen when she touched the Reed, or have any safe way to find out. Twilight and Rarity are being supreme bitches and putting a small group over the survival of a whole fucking planet, and acting as if they knew shit about shit when RD is the one who has flown like four continents on her own.
>>
Any good Luna stories? And I mean good, not autistic.

Also any fanfics about a different world with different characters?
>>
>>25406206
>Also any fanfics about a different world with different characters?
How would that be MLP fanfiction in any way?
>>
>>25406225
Maybe a different village in Equestria? Somewhere unrelated to most of the happening.
>>
>>25406515
So a different setting other than Ponyville and Canterlot?
>>
>>25403204
>Voiceguy has a crisis

I wouldn't really call it that. It was more like a reevaluation of everything.

Turns out most of it was really stupid, so I simplified it.
>>
>>25406543
Or any other cities and the standard setting.
I guess http://www.fimfiction.net/story/93572/the-rise-and-fall-of-the-dark-lord-sassaflash fits that bill, and it's pretty good to start.
>>
File: ayy lmao.png (11 KB, 1326x107) Image search: [Google]
ayy lmao.png
11 KB, 1326x107
Ayy lmao. The only thing I don't understand about this, is the fact that I've called people autistic before, many times in fact, and only now do they care to ban me for it? And for a week no less. The fucking moderation on fimfic is absolutely horrible. Knighty needs new staff tbqh.
>>
>>25407235
Tale this as a chance to expand your vocabulary.
>>
>>25407250
It's all ready well sized, but family, there is very little times of use when it comes to a lot of it. Because why should I bother using anything more than the common words that get the point across as clear as possible?

In short: Kek yourself. :^)
>>
>>25407269
how many timeouts is this for you starla?
>>
So...
fanfiction.
>>
>>25407235
It's not bad moderation, it's people forgetting to report. It's not like a handful of mods can find every single little comment, story, blog post and message ever posted on fimfic.
>>
File: a shit.png (54 KB, 1031x486) Image search: [Google]
a shit.png
54 KB, 1031x486
I want to see Starla trying to debate with this guy
>>
>>25408486
Yes, I also think a conversation between Starla and Autismo would be hilarious.
>>
File: Bleedin.png (43 KB, 600x392) Image search: [Google]
Bleedin.png
43 KB, 600x392
>>25408486
Also, reminder someone likes Bleedin
>>
>>25408644
People don't always add just their favourite fics to their favourites. May just be his read later list.
>>
>>25409001
except that we have actual read later lists now. and tracking lists in addition to faves

I think a more likely explanation is that yitterdoofus is just one of bleedins alts. most/all of his numbered accounts caught bans
>>
>>25407378
Only the third time senpai.

>>25408468
Actually, no it is pretty bad moderation in general, but not specifically for this. And in fact, calling someone autistic is not inherently an insult. But I do admit I was attacking the user a bit there. :^)

>>25408486
I'd destroy him tbqh famfam.
>>
>>25409329
>except that we have actual read later lists now. and tracking lists in addition to faves
What an incredibly smart argument.
If you look really really hard, you'll notice he didn't bother to make any other bookshelves, which could mean he just didn't bother making a separate read later list.
>>
>>25409540
except tracking fave and read later are the defaults for a new account. he may have the other two set to private or he may hve deleted them. nigger
>>
>>25409665
>for a new account
Ahhh, I see you have posted my own argument yourself, how nice of you.
>>
rate my story.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1MgItbK5tDAxInp1M1dIxjYL5PisW4yKSK2UtOEJJDTM/edit
>>
>>25407235

Now if only you'd get banned from /fimfic/, too.
>>
File: sudoku.png (34 KB, 920x174) Image search: [Google]
sudoku.png
34 KB, 920x174
>>25409530
>http://www.fimfiction.net/story/285815/the-lonely-leader

Here's your chance m8.

Also page 10 save
>>
Do you think the average Fimfiction reader knows what gound or rheum is?

If not, what would be a good alternative to say eyes are filled of? I think tears would sound too much angsty instead of plain tired.
>>
>>25411054
Can't senpai. I'm banned for six more days :^). Although I could just make a new account, but nah too much work.

>>25410926
Nice edge.
>>
>>25403313
Post the abstract anyway, I want to read it.

Also, it occured to me that it might be useful to read a bit on the history of human anatomy/kinesiology. The relevant point being that everyone knows instinctively how to move their arm/hand (how to use magic), but it took a long time to figure out the processes that make it work. Though with magic, it appears that by studying the underlying principles you can learn to do things that are otherwise impossible, which (I think?) is not the case with kinesiology.

>>25403567
That sounds fucking great.
>>
>>25411110

I can't think of a situation where "rheumy eyes" isn't clear from context, even if the reader doesn't know exactly what rhuem is. I'd say go for it.
>>
>>25411352
On the Decoupling of Line-of-Sight Tethering in Projection-Targeting Spellforms
Abstract
Traditional projection-targeting spellforms are constrained by line-of-sight tethering requirements. Line-of-sight tethering is the only class of tethers able to sustain a projection conduit between two points that operates above Dream's limit for projection-targeting. We show that non-acyclic projection conduits that operate below Dream's limit can be used to cast projection-targeting spellforms at the cost of increased energy requirements. A tertiary inverted abj-construct is proposed to allow for mnemonic tethering subforms to be used with projection-targeting spellforms. The construct is tested on teleportation and shielding spellforms and shown to successfully complete at higher energy levels.

When it came down to actually figuring out the mechanics of bypassing the LOS component, I just threw a bunch of words together with the intent of changing things later, so don't ask me what it was actually supposed to mean.

And thanks for the advice on kinesiology, I'll definitely look into it.
>>
>>25404468
>gorefic
>not being a trollfic
Are you saying you unironically wrote a gorefic?

>>25404628
I'm assuming it's this one (http://www.fimfiction.net/story/299297/curb-stomped-marble-pie)
>Big Macintosh rapes Marble Pie in a horrible display of animalistic dominance. She tries to resist with all her might, see how it proves for her.
>Slice of Life

>>25406563
There's (http://www.fimfiction.net/story/128320/3-5-7-2-8-7-0), a pretty good horror fic that does not feature a single canon character.
>>
>>25411420
Also, IIRC the history of medical stuff is basically a bunch of very incorrect conjectures about the theory of human bodies behave based on the "wisdom of the ancients" (the 4 humors, heart as a heat pump, etc.) and some basic observations of where various fluids go in the body. Then when we figured microscopes, we saw cells and things kind of took off from there.

For my paper, I'll probably look at magic more from the perspective of physics, looking at actual measurable outputs of physical quantities (thaumic potential, magical energy, etc.) with some proto-quantative neurology to try and derive equations for magic based off of stuff like, love, friendship, loyalty, etc. I imagine with magic the field of medicine and biology would be a lot different, and with the ability to cast diagnostic spell you might be able to quantitatively measure certain neurological and biological functions.
>>
>>25411118
nice use of a buzzword you don't know the meaning of, faggot
>>
>>25407235
I'm sure you'll get over it.
>>
>>25411497
Looking at magic from a neuro-physiological and evolutionary aspect could be a more interesting read, though. Evolution and species are, by default, a more "humanitarian" collection of sciences than other. By more humanitarian, I mean they are usually not introduced with a whole bunch of technical words, as there aren't all that many for evolution. It also doesn't involve any math outside age, probability, and statistical calculations, and, in the neurological, simple action-potential measurements on individual cells.
While with the evolutionary aspect, you could draw some basic outlines of possible ancestors and changes, with neurology you can have quite a bit of fun sketching the magical control neurons and their weird spiral dendrites.
>>
>>25412374
There's a lot of interesting stuff you can do with a fantasy world, but I wanted to write about something that is very relevant to the show rather than tangential to one aspect of its worldbuilding, hence going straight for the jugular with an analysis of why friendship=magic.

A paper on evolution would be interesting, but ultimately more about random stuff I made up rather than careful observations about the show. Same with neurology.

And at the end of the day, I'm a math and physics guy, not a bio guy. The amount of legwork is just plain less if I go with something I'm more familiar with. I might try to do the evolution or neuro stuff later, though.

Of course, you could try writing something like that; you'd be guaranteed at least one reader.
>>
>>25412442
With evolution, you can make educated potshots at what caused the cartoon horses of today to become what they have, same as like in the real world. There is only so many things that could have happened that gave us our intelligence, the same should apply to magic and sapience.

I'm an electrician by work and study, but an evolution and a neurology paper is just a funner read, one which most could understand (mind you, a 19th century evolution or neurology paper, not anything modern.) At the time, they would pretty much be just "This is how I think it was, this is why and this is a nice illustration of how I think it looked."
>>
>>25412482
Evolution could definitely be interesting, especially given that multiple species had to have evolved sapience independent of each other, unless a single sapient species had some really weird evolutionary divergences. Magic could be doable if you assume that some early organism evolved a basic potential for magic, and sapience brought out that potential. You could even argue that different species evolved different ways to harness magic, and when magic became powerful enough, it gave them sapience.

Huh, that actually might be an interesting paper. I may write that one first since it would definitely be easier.

Dammit, at this rate I'll never get any actual research done for school.
>>
>>25406560
I hope things turn out well for you, Vf.
>>
>>25412570
Evolution produces much more empiric and humane papers than most others, so of course it's easier. Also, I previously suggested magic may be a result of specific atomically inherent quantum particles interacting in specific arrangements. It wouldn't be a far stretch that Equestrian sapience evolved off of a "hive mind", where several clusters in the primitive minds of other, non-intelligent species "entangled" with sapient ones and, by symbiosis, gained intelligence.
>>
>>25412604
same
>>
>>25412604
>>25413940

lies
>>
File: DashBook.jpg (176 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
DashBook.jpg
176 KB, 500x500
>>25411110
>Do you think the average Fimfiction reader knows what gound or rheum is?

gound? What the hell is "gound?"

I have read literally DOZENS of books and never heard of this "gound" stuff.
>>
>>25411110
>goundy eyes
>rheumy eyes
Both fucking horrible adjectives. Firefox doesn't even recognizes "gound" as a word. In my native language, the substance is quite simply just called "sleep". "Sleep gathered in her eyes" sounds much better than "Rheum gathered in her eyes." Rheum sounds like a digestion fluid, not like something gathering on your eyes.
>>
reccomend me long fimfics, more than 150.000 words please
>>
>>25414675
That shit in your eyes when you wake up

>>25414874
>http://www.fimfiction.net/story/185272
>>
>>25414874
http://www.fimfiction.net/story/5433/article-2
HiE where the human isn't a pushover or a romance subject for once. Pretty much the opposite scenario of Stardust.
http://www.fimfiction.net/story/100455/stardust
A crossover that isn't shit.

>>25414913
Jesus Christ, talk about dedication. Maybe "obsession" is a better word. A few thousand words every single day, why not?
>>
>>25414924
>http://www.fimfiction.net/story/5433/article-2
>Pretty much the opposite scenario of Stardust.
>http://www.fimfiction.net/story/100455/stardust
>A crossover that isn't shit.
So article 2 is a crossover that is shit? :^)

>A few thousand words every single day, why not?
Hes no different than skirts. And I can think of a few other daily updaters but cant remember names atm

>>25414874
http://www.fimfiction.net/stories/words
If you want a recommendation it would probably help if you mentioned what you were looking for.

otherwise just use my link and do the shit yourself
>>
does "hand" instead of "hoof" triggers you?
>>
>>25415617
no but the opposite does

>Hey lend me a hoof with this
>hoof over da money
>fine we dont have to buck, but at least gimme a hoof job
>these new wingblades sure came in hoofy

fuckin shit
>>
>>25415801

Now that I think about it, have the phrase "give me a hoof/hand" and the word "handy/hoofy" ever been used in the show?
>>
>>25416002

I remember there was a video compilation of all the times "hands" had been said on the show, but for the life of me, I can't seem to find it...
>>
>>25416166
https://youtu.be/FJipry5--QA?t=6m34s
>>
>>25412604
>>25413940
Thanks

I'm gonna try and make an effort to get more done. At least a video every other day.

Which reminds me,
http://www.fimfiction.net/story/294285/of-caramel-apples
Will come out either today or tomorrow.
>>
>>25415801

>writers who unironically replace "handy dandy" with "hoofy doofy"
>>
>>25415801
"Lend me a hoof" is fine, and "hoof job" is a bit silly, but within the bounds of having fun with the equine twists on the language the show encourages. But the others induce cringe.
>>
What do you guys think about earth ponies using horn strap-ons as some kind of weapon?
>>
>>25416809
Today

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBz5K2PC5HU&feature=youtu.be
Of Caramel Apples by Kindred

If the world actually ran like this, there'd be a lot less REEEEEEEE in the world
>>
>>25417454
I that is absolutely horns-on-head retarded.
>>
>>25418010
Yeah, it's blades-on-wing stupid.
>>
>>25417454

...The mad scientist pony charged at the enemy lines, the bizarre contraption strapped to his forehead sparking electrical discharges. The generator strapped to his back whined, and there was a scent of ozone and burning hair. He gave a maniacal laugh, and the artificial horn spat forth random gouts of lighting, ripping up the turf and terrorizing the enemy soldiers with the deafening shrieking of its actinic bolts. The enemy lines broke in panic.

High on a ridge, Celestia watched in disquiet. A cloud of smoke engulfed the scientist as the generator on his back suddenly failed. She turned to the pony beside her.

"I fear what future we have unleashed this day, Twilight," she said.

Twilight squinted at the battlefield. "Is that his tail on fire?"
>>
What if unicorns use back-mounted blades in combat, a la chariot wheel blades, and pegasi use helmet-mounted piercing blades as a way to put their entire weight behind diving attacks?

Wingblades and hornblades, but only on the ponies that don't have them!
>>
>>25419406
Wouldn't that put a lot of stress in the neck?
>>
>>25419406
>as a way to put their entire weight behind diving attacks?
They'd seriously damage or outright break their spines, not to mention contusions.
>>
>>25419427

Three possible answers. First, the helmets could be locked to the pauldrons, placing the impact firmly on the shoulders at the expense of head mobility. Alternately, the horns could be break-away mounts set atop the head, designed to pierce flesh before breaking, but still snap before the pegasus's neck.

The third option, of course, is kamikaze pegasi.

>I am the divine wind beneath Celestia's wings!
>SNAP
>>
>>25419406
>Back-mounted blades
>What is telekinesis

>Heavy pointy helmets
>What is center of lift and mass
>What is in-flight stability
>What is maneuverability

>>25419483
>Locked to the pauldron
>At the expense of head mobility

That would still compress their neck real hard on impact, in addition to breaking their elbow bone.

Try falling head-on on a mattress from your autism bux apartment and see how that works out.

>Break-away horns

How would them breaking save the pegasi's head in any matter?
>>
>>25419770
>How would them breaking save the pegasi's head in any matter?
In that case they'd break when the force reached a certain tresshold, sparing tension from the neck and crenum.
But in all honestly, hoof-mounted blades would be far more useful. If a pegasus doesn't have to use his legs, why not weaponise them?
>>
>>25419797
>Break away when the force reached a certain treshold

Which won't help at anything because the pegasi is probably rushing at dozens of kilometers per hour to the ground. They'd hit it and pegasi is die anyways.

>Hoof mounted weapons

Try jumping from a three-story building and hitting the ground with your arm like Superman.

You'll become an hero

That coupled with the fact pegasi may have empty bones to optimize flight characteristics.
>>
>>25419879

We've seen Dash pull G-forces that should have jellied her bones and Twilight sustain an anvil drop. You're trying to apply real-life physics where a certain level of hand-waving is entirely acceptable.
>>
>>25419998
Not to mention it could be explained that the same weather magic Pegasus have can be attributed to their flying.
>>
>>25420050
> that the same weather magic Pegasus have can be attributed to their flying.
Ugh, the other way around, but you know what I mean.
>>
>>25419998
Basic aerodynamics still apply though, so the helmet, or at least the pointy thing, has to be quite heavy. Even if it doesn't put any stress on the neck, it will make a pegasi less nimble, maybe even less than, say, griffons.

As for Talot, even she had to be in a wheelchair after that. I doubt always losing a pegasi to kill or wound an enemy is combat efficient.
>>
>>25419879
DYEWTS? when she catched Rarity after doing the Sonic Rainboom, she made a L turn just before the ground, which proves that:
A) Her spine is hard enough to resist the G forces and friction (That airwave she made may be some kind of forcefield tho. that's my theory on it), since her wings are what provieds lift and they werent ripped off her body
B) that her arms are strong enough to support the innertia from the group she was holding at the moment.
Besides, you don't necesarily have to go at supersonioc speeds to kill someone with a blade, that's precisely the reason I didn't say clubs or maces.
>>
>>25420437
>>DYEWTS? when she catched Rarity after doing the Sonic Rainboom, she made a L turn just before the ground, which proves that:
>A) Her spine is hard enough to resist the G forces and friction (That airwave she made may be some kind of forcefield tho. that's my theory on it), since her wings are what provieds lift and they werent ripped off her body

Rarity also withstood those G-forces.

Pones have toon powers.
>>
>>25420437
>When she catches Rarity after the sonic rainboom

Rarity was falling towards the ground, and RD caught her when going approximately at the same speed. This shows us she can withstand heavy G-forces, but not necessarily withstand a direct hit with the ground.

MiG-29s can withstand over 12Gs, but will still die like a bitch when colliding with the ground, even at a low speed.

And by the way, that was her whole body enduring the G-forces. Not her neck. Even if her neck or spine does survive, she will probably have a commotion at worst, and be in a wheelchair like Twilight at worst.
>>
>>25420722
>and be in a wheelchair like Twilight at worst.

Typing at 11 in the night probably isn't my deal. Meant at best.
>>
>>25420741
twilights in a wheelchair now?

damn thats a curveball. bring her to new heights by giving her wings, then christopher reeve her into the dirt
>>
>>25420859
After she was hit by an anvil on the head, she was in a wheelchair for a while.
>>
>>25420722
>This shows us she can withstand heavy G-forces, but not necessarily withstand a direct hit with the ground.

RD hit Applejack's old barn hard enough to demolish it and send up a cloud of debris and was unharmed by that.

The only time RD was injured was off-screen at the beginning of Read It and Weep. So we don't know what will actually injure a pegasus, but it is apparently possible.
>>
>>25420859
>then christopher reeve her into the dirt
I kek'd

And she actually was in a wheelchair when she got hit by the anvil
>>
File: twi-anvilicious.webm (3 MB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
twi-anvilicious.webm
3 MB, 640x480
>>25420859
>>
Greentext is better than normal prose.

Just some bullshit for page 9 bump.
>>
>>25421705
Greentext and prose each have their own benefits. Neither is better really.

And yes, I know I'm going to get shit all over for saying that.
>>
>>25421719
I think my only irk with greentext is that a lot of them tend to devolve into talking head syndrome, where it's just a back and forth of dialogue with barely any description of the characters or the surrounding enviroment.

I'd like it if more greentext writers could work on the narrative a bit more, because I otherwise enjoy the ambient of real-time back and forth between writer and audience. I once wrote a story in prose in a thread back in '13 and I really liked the experience.
>>
>>25417468
Voicefag, if I write you a story. Will you read it?

Give me a prompt if you will.
>>
>>25421977
and by, read, I mean do a reading of it.
>>
>>25421705
greentext is incredibly schlock-y and anyone that wants to actually develop their writing talents should stick with prose
>>
>>25421977
Yes I would.

For your prompt Give me a mystery where the answer is something absolutely horrifying. Something like this. http://www.fimfiction.net/story/286337/babytails

It doesn't have to be body horror specifically, anything will do.
>>
>>25414874
I will always whore out for The Lunar Rebellion (http://www.fimfiction.net/story/77470/the-lunar-rebellion), Winningverse or not, it's one of the best warfics I've read, even if the MC can be spotty at times.

For Want of a Dawn (http://www.fimfiction.net/story/24152/for-want-of-a-dawn) is one of the classic "evil AU" stories, althoug the story arcs can become tiresome toward the end and it's got a jumble of spinoffs and such.

The Immortal Game (http://www.fimfiction.net/story/1886/the-immortal-game) is one of the quintessential action fics that's fun to read, if not a particularly intensive plot. Take a drink every time someone "dies" at the end of a chapter.

Legacy of the Pegasi (http://www.fimfiction.net/story/36342/legacy-of-the-pegasi) mixes some cultists in with a plot focused entirely on Dash and the Wonderbolts, with a little Soarindash shipping thrown in.

Night's Favoured Child (http://www.fimfiction.net/story/5523/nights-favoured-child) is one of the defining "NMM wins" AU fics, but with its sluggish pace and update schedule, you'll complete Half Life 3 before finishing it.

>>25415617
Depends on the context. Straight up, yes, but there's certain usages that would be silly or confusing otherwise. Such as:
>hoofy (handy)
>evenhoofed (evenhanded)

>>25415801
"Lend me a hoof" and "hoofjob" make sense. The others I agree with.

>>25416002
A quick google search shows "hoofy" doesn't.

"Handy" appears in Dragonshy ("Your way with wild animals will surely come in handy."), Testing, Testing ("With my handy-dandy study checklist, of course!"), and Daring Don't ("Guess having a little help can be handy sometimes").

Variations of "give me a hoof" have appeared. ("lending a hoof") in Simple Ways, ("Lend her a hoof") in Spike at Your Service, and many more.

>>25417454
It sounds like a double entendre and doesn't seem to make any sense. Their power's in their legs, not their neck.
>>
>>25422377
>Their power's in their legs, not their neck.
I sure would love some canon source for that
>>
>>25422529

Applejack, but honestly that just may be her personally. It's only a fandom head-canon that earth ponies balance unicorn magic and pegasus flight with strength.
>>
File: bmp2.jpg (170 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
bmp2.jpg
170 KB, 600x400
BMP-2
>>
ded thread lel bemp
>>
Yet another bump
>>
>>25424829
We're having a run dry, huh?
>>
I have this idea I can't help but like a bit. It'd be a fic titled eight seasons of planting or something like that, and it'd follow a "First season", "Second season", "Second season [2]" chapter naming convention I guess.
The plot itself would be about Twilight and AJ falling for each other along eight years or so, with Twilight curious about what motivates Aj to work so hard at first and slowly understanding it, the fic would be from Twi's PoV. Each chapter would be a season of the year and correspond to a season of the show I guess.
I don't normally go for shipping, but last night I was thinking about how the two are the most down-to-earth and strong-willed of the group and how their pursuits compliment each other in being one simple and the other esentially endlessly complex ("Science!").
Opinions on the general idea?
>>25424829
>At page seven
>>
File: 1443088727207.gif (983 KB, 500x364) Image search: [Google]
1443088727207.gif
983 KB, 500x364
>>25424875
Go for it. It sounds interesting.
>>
>>25422377

So basically the staff use both "hand(y)" and "hoof", whichever would make the sentence not sound retarded. That's good to know.
>>
>>25424875
Looks nice. As long as it isn't a show rewrite.
>>
>>25422115
On it.
>>
>>25424968
depends on whether it was done intentionally or if certain things slipped through editing
>>
>>25411497
I was sort of thinking about how the study of magic would evolve over time. Since 1/3 of the population can interact with magic directly, I imagine they would quickly come up with some bullshit explanations ("projecting one's life force" or something), like whatever the Greeks came up with to explain how muscles work. Maybe then they invent microscopes and discover minute crystalline structures within horns/wings/hooves, and recognize a connection to a type of naturally magically-active crystals found underground.

Now here is some more bullshit I just made up:

Initially unicorns had a very hard time teaching spells. Since everything happens internally, it would be like teaching someone to shoot a basketball without being able to see how they're moving their arm.

Eventually some unicorn invents a spell that lets them directly perceive the neuron/crystal activity in the horn during spellcasting. Now it's actually feasible (but still difficult) for any unicorn to teach any spell to any other unicorn. This is the start of magic becoming a real science with reproducible results.

Side note: at some point they would have to come up with names for the different (internal) "parts" of the horn and the possible "motions", like how we've done for our arms and legs.

If the internals of the horn are complex enough, and the effects are varied enough (entirely plausible given the show), then there really could be an entire field of study based on figuring out how to carry out various spells (at all, or more efficiently than before).

Another option is to have magic be cast using certain emotional states and/or mental associations. This would still make it difficult to teach spells (until the development of an appropriate observation spell) and also would fit in better with the "friendship is magic" / EoH thing.
>>
File: screenshot.284.png (113 KB, 1024x740) Image search: [Google]
screenshot.284.png
113 KB, 1024x740
>Decide to reread Crisis Equestria from the start
>Get to this part
Holy fuck, I had forgotten just how bad it is. The rest us superb, but this fragment is insuferable.
I mean, there is this part were like a page and a half is just unreadable, you have a part were Starlight is talking or something and the next inteligible thing is Rainbow flying in a sea of red and black.
>>
>>25426736
If it helps, my idea of magic has always been something of a computer. While simple magic like telekinesis or "magic misiles" are merely a projection of will, more complex spells require the caster to make mental equations with the given data (Like "Distance between me and the place I want to teleport to" and "Teleported mass") as variables in it, and the spell itself is a relatively simple automata that was "Programed" with those equations. Very complex spells would go as far as being simple AIs.
>>
>>25427529
I think the idea is cool.
>>
>>25427653
Coolness has to take a seat behind useability in every medium.
If I made a game were you can move your sword in thirty two diferent ways it'd be cool. But still unplayable because you don't have thirty two fingers.
>>
>>25427662
>If I made a game were you can move your sword in thirty two diferent ways it'd be cool. But still unplayable because you don't have thirty two fingers.
Actually you could simulate sword movements with your mouse or an analog stick and I think there's actually a medieval RPG being developed with this mechanic in mind soooooooooo...

And this could actually work for creepy horror stories.
>>
>>25427679
There is already a game with that, Die by the Sword. It's on GOG.
Thing is, the game is fucking unplayable. 2D movement doesn't translate very well to 3D movement, so you end up flailing your sword around hopping that the guy will stop moving it in circles above his head and actually strike the monster in front of him fast enough to make damage.
I've heard it's much better with a joystick, but fuck me sideways if I'll pay for a joystick only to use a gimmick efficiently.
>>
>>25427529
This reminds me of the synesthesia part in The Stars My Destination. Not as nicely done here, but they may be going for a similar effect.
>>
>>25427679

Actually you should set it up to operate the sword with a mouse, but various hotkeys configure it into different patterns.
>>
>>25422529
Anytime AJ or Big Mac harvest apples, or Maud and her rock crushing.

>>25424875
>season of the year
>correspond to a season of the show
Show seasons take place over multiple yearly seasons. We just had a winter (Hearthbreakers) and fall (Scare Master) episode this season.

>>25427529
Is it supposed to be like that due to some eldrich abomination or something? Admittedly, I'm a fan of doing that kind of stuff. It's fun to mess around with text/font/color to help convey a message. I can see how it could be seen as lazy, though.
>>
File: Clipboard03.png (62 KB, 972x884) Image search: [Google]
Clipboard03.png
62 KB, 972x884
>>25427958
Right now what I plan is
>First season near the start of the show, Summer. Twilight is helping AJ pick up apples and her curiosity about AJ is, pardon the pun, sparkled.
>Second season a little after the running of the leaves, autumn, they are chilling off and drinking something. I'll probably add something to this, as it feels kind of lacking
>Third season is the day before winter wrap up, something happens and they have one of those "It shouldn't have been so big" fights. This and spring would represent the classical death-and-rebirth cycle at a smallish scale
>Fourth season is the first day of spring, when they fix things and Twilight starts to really understand AJ's love for her family and that she may or may not like the earth pony
Or something like that, right now I've writen around half the first season. I think they second seasons set would be they realizing they like each other and slowly walking to a steady relationship.
Also, rate? first lazily writen draft, I wanted to give it a "Spaced" air, kind of like taking a deep breath when you wake up with the sun, the air is fresh in a comfy way, and no one else is around making noise.
Pardon if no oen understands what I meant, I've always linked stories to tastes or tactil sensations.
>>
>>25427958
>Is it supposed to be like that due to some eldrich abomination or something? Admittedly, I'm a fan of doing that kind of stuff.
In that fic, Velvet is a mare who feeds off fear. That's a scene were she gets a mayor power up for the time being and kinda sorta goes crazier than ussual.
The character is kind of edgy, but in a good way.
>It's fun to mess around with text/font/color to help convey a message. I can see how it could be seen as lazy, though.
I used to use and abuse it, so now I have a borderline senseless disliking of it.
Still, for me the line is, and always has been, the point were text becomes unreadable. bold cursive is abusing it a bit, but I can't stomach zalgo in big doses.
>>
>>25426177
I eagerly await.
>>
>>25427578
I think the first thing they would do with such a system would be to find a way to store the "programs" outside the caster's head. For much the same reason as why we don't toggle the program into the front panel of the computer any more. It's less error prone to have a durable representation you can read, check, and manipulate before running it.

Maybe a real prodigy can create/adjust a program on the fly, but I expect the normal mode of operation would be (1) write the equation/program on paper, (2) encode it in a crystal or something, and (3) launch it straight from the crystal. Hell of a lot easier and more reliable than trying to memorize machine code or do physics simulations and programming in your head simultaneously.
>>
>>25428781
>Hell of a lot easier and more reliable than trying to memorize machine code or do physics simulations and programming in your head simultaneously.
Well, you aren't really making the heavy work, just sintetizing it into information the "Computer-spell" can use to, say, generate the wormhole and move the caster through it.
I find it a little fun to think that even a simple spell is about as advanced as the better computer at the present time.
>but I expect the normal mode of operation would be (1) write the equation/program on paper, (2) encode it in a crystal or something, and (3) launch it straight from the crystal
Well, that was my idea of the equations are more or less set in stone, with only a few variables inserted by the caster and the spellstuff resolving a much, much bigger set of equations on it's own. In a way, the only two necesary elements would be
>Ammount of "Mana" used
>Time the spell should last
In my head unicorns would have memory-enchancing spells to not forget variables.
I honestly had the idea when reading Pyramids by Pratchet, that cammel was quite an inspiration for me in that aspect.
The crystals you talk about are, in my head, runic systems, which are esentially magic calculators that conduct magic for long spans of time or repeteadly.
>>
>>25428781
My mistake.
>The only three necesary elements would be
>>Ammount of "Mana" used
>>Time the spell should last
>>Direction the spell is aimed at, relative to the caster
>And, optionally
>>Distance between the affected area and the caster. (The exit point of a teleport, for example)
>>
>>25427529

Is that fic still in EqD hell? It'll never be on Fimfic, huh?
>>
Eight is great
And nine is fine
But ten is where the white mares done been!

midwestern accent bump
>>
File: 0.png (378 KB, 420x640) Image search: [Google]
0.png
378 KB, 420x640
What's your guilty pleasure?
>>
>>25431157
I like HiE fics.
>>
>>25414874
http://www.fimfiction.net/story/4962/freedom-through-harmony
>>
>>25431157
laughing at the pain of the french
>>
>>25431511
Hon hon hon!
>>
File: 1523142.gif (2 MB, 400x267) Image search: [Google]
1523142.gif
2 MB, 400x267
It's time for your weekly 'OH GOOD GOD' quote

This comes from
https://www.fimfiction.net/story/142506/1/help/help

>Fluttershy yawned, her exhaustion catching her off guard. Along her sides, the mouths of a dozen small animals – along with the muzzles of two other ponies – yawned as well, their faces subsumed into her bloated flanks.
>>
>>25431329
>show rewrite
>crossover
>humanized
Explain yourself.
>>
>>25432272
I just searched for "Homestuck" and took the first +150k fic there.
>>
Hello anons, writer of "Equestria Girls: Secrets Beyond the Stars" here. I've been thinking, should I just start writing the updates here, or stick to the threads anons keep making up?
God I hope I don't sound too smug about myself.
>>
>>25433033
>"Equestria Girls: Secrets Beyond the Stars"
dont know why youd be smug about it. Ive never heard of it

please dont shit up our thread with your eqg trash
>>
>>25433033
>Equestria Girls: Secrets Beyond the Stars
>EQG
>Arrogant name
>Shit I've never heard about
>Search
>2:1 U/D ratio
>19 upvotes
>6 tags
>Dark and thriller
>Comedy

You should learn how to write.
>>
>>25433033
Nobody cares about you. Remove yourself from these premises. Or don't, who cares.
>>
File: stop copying me twilight.jpg (230 KB, 490x735) Image search: [Google]
stop copying me twilight.jpg
230 KB, 490x735
This thread is quite so worse, a form so inferior
Poetic word is far more exquisite.
Without rhyme or reason, prose's too prior
Rather I'd prefer general merit
Reserv'd to verse, if so, it shan't so wither.
>>
>>25435734
>Look at me I'm rhyming
>I must be so much more than those of simple mind

Prose is much, much better than poetry.

For poets without head or tail,

Will never actually prevail

You see, the art of rhymes isn't that easy

As putting down words after words,

Each with the same ending,

With the result being a turd

Without any sense, which isn't surprising

So to conclude this text, modest

I'd like to put in one last statement

At the risk of sounding a bit indecent.

ur a faget
>>
bemp
>>
why dead thread be so shit today
>>
>>25436612
Cause the yuropoors normally shitposting are being held in prison because of shit happening in Paris.
>>
>>25437157
what is the entire population of this thread aside from the two of us frenchmos?

or are all of the eurofags cowering in fear because they know theyre next and that were not going to bother saving them for a third time?
>>
>>25437157
Nah I'm just playing TF2 and Fallout 4, couldn't care less about Paris.
>>
File: 2015-11-15_00-14-43.png (509 KB, 1328x789) Image search: [Google]
2015-11-15_00-14-43.png
509 KB, 1328x789
Mythril Moth in a new PTS confirmed.
What's the next step?
>>
>>25438525
Send him to a convention in France. :)
>>
File: first.gif (2 MB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
first.gif
2 MB, 450x450
BUMP
>>
A fic I was tracking updated after 15 months.
I am happy right now.
>>
Sonic x MLP crossover cringe fic... yes or no
>>
>>25440465
I hate it when a deadfic I'm tracking updates.

Because odds are you dont really remember whats going on, so you have to weigh rereading the entire fic for just the one update. and then theres the risk that it wont update again for another year and a half

so which one was it?
>>
>>25441298
Which one?
>>
>>25441381
dunno, might just end up using some cringy OC
>>
>>25428374
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1EPw7zr5m2l6XSI653OYfG3HsNPcjaobwoil9zIGl8Hs/edit

Done, although I think it might be a bit edgy.

Not sure.

Man this took a while, but here ya go.
>>
>>25441983
Okay, I am now aware that the link was private. I have switched it to public now.

Go ahead and tell me what you think.
>>
>>25428211
>Also, rate?
I can't really give it a good assessment since I'm not a fan of Twijack. The plot sounds nice, though, since it's not going the "and then they fucked by the end of the second chapter" pacing most romance fics have.

>one of those "It shouldn't have been so big" fights
This seems a little cliche, though. It's almost like every romance fic has to throw in a "nearly break up" fight to stir the drama pot and give a little excitement.

>>25431157
Evil!Twilight fics.

>>25431869
Oh hey, I read that one a while back. Body horror/10. Did upvote.

>>25440465
>fic updates after a year
>don't remember a single thing about it
>have to reread 50k
Every time.
>>
>read The Mare Who Once Lived on the Moon
>fuckin' great
>I want more
>look at journals
>"So I have 10 months to live, and..."
Why must all the truly great writers be practically on their deathbed?
>>
>>25443486
Natural selection.
Autism is the future, different forms of it already give people superstrength or supersmarts, if we keep letting autismatics do whatever they want, soon we'll end up with a Superman whose favourite Sonic character is Silver.
>>
File: There_was_an_attempt.png (26 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
There_was_an_attempt.png
26 KB, 500x500
>>25441983
>>25442536
I know that seems mean, but that's about the extent that I feel for the fic.

A good mystery gives you questions, the types of questions that keep you hooked until the end, when you get the answer. And the worst thing you can do with a mystery, is not answer the question.

Why was Applebloom spared?

Why did Princess Luna go nuts?

Who left the note and gun?
Questions I have, and answers I don't.

Also,
>Guns
/fimfic/ has had this discussion time and time again, and the real conclusion, that I've come up with at least, is that you can't have guns in equestria unless the ponies aren't ponies. Otherwise it just doesn't make sense.

I will say this, You have good grammar. Usually what's enraging about these stories is the fact that they aren't properly structured.

All in all. It was okay.
>>
>>25443682
If I were ever to implement guns in a fic, I would have them be magical constructs. Things that are either meant to directly amplify a unicorn's power, or use the power of magic to enable lesser races to deal as much possible damage as a unicorn. Not a conventional gun, with a barrel, cocked and ready, but rather like a saddle with sparkly crystals that responded to some specific movements or actions.
>>
>>25443723
>if i were to implement guns, theyd be nothing like guns
great! now you just have to call them somethign other than guns
>>
File: 1348439416607.jpg (124 KB, 900x896) Image search: [Google]
1348439416607.jpg
124 KB, 900x896
>http://www.fimfiction.net/story/298834/fallout-equestria-homelands

>sequel to Project Horizons

THE RIDE NEVER ENDS
>>
>>25443682
>/fimfic/ has had this discussion time and time again, and the real conclusion, that I've come up with at least, is that you can't have guns in equestria unless the ponies aren't ponies.
I've been here for most of these discussions and while I agreed with that before, I'd argue that the existence of crossbows proves that ponies have already been working on ranged weaponry for a pretty long time. I think guns would make sense in a story set in the distant future.
>>
>>25444362
>Have magic, a cheap and everlasting source of power, present in at least a third of your population, able to accomplish any task
>Hey, let's replace that with guns, needing maintenance, R&D, spare parts, ammunition, supply lines whenever you go in battle and that are heavy as fuck!

Other than siege weapons and artillery, I really can't see any form of firearm being adopted by pones, seeing how magic is ridiculously OP.
>>
>>25444439
Hey, here's a reason:
>two thirds of the population can't use magic and are limited to deadly close quarter combat
>>
>>25444458
>Deadly CQC
>When having their enemy suppressed by unicorn magic
>When any other race is forced down to CQC

Also

>What are combined arms
>>
>>25444458
>>25444476

Also, even if they design single-pony firearm, how do the ponies even use them without becoming fixed fire support squads?
>>
>>25444476
So only unicorns should be allowed to stay behind and everyone else should be forced to risk everything for a chance to injure an enemy?

>>25444482
Saddles.
>>
>>25444487
>So only unicorns should be allowed to stay behind and everyone else should be forced to risk everything for a chance to injure an enemy
>What are combined arms
>What is using unicorn, mud pones and pegasi together to form a mobile and deadly striking force

And you still didn't realize that no other race has any kind of ranged weapons.

>Saddles
>How do I shot weapon
>How do I reloaded weapon
>How do I aimed weapon
>How do I absorbed recoil
>>
When that faggot Knighty comes along, tell him to implement a character counter. You know, counting how many symbols there are per word.
>>
>>25444516
>What are word counters
>https://wordcounter.net/
>>
>>25444529
It's called implementing it into the website, you dingus. If it were up to you, there would be no word counter right now.
>>
>>25444514
>>What is using unicorn, mud pones and pegasi together to form a mobile and deadly striking force
You're assuming it would be ponies fighting a completely different race together.
Also, mudpones would be useless in a unit like this.

>And you still didn't realize that no other race has any kind of ranged weapons.
I'd love some source on that.

>>How do I shot weapon
Bite into a handlebar.
>>How do I reloaded weapon
Make a specific motion with a hoof strapped to a reloading mechanism.
>>How do I aimed weapon
Crosshair attached somewhere to the handlebar.
>>How do I absorbed recoil
Literally magic/low caliber bullets.
>>
>>25444538
>handlebar
you mean hooflebar :^)
>>
>>25444538
>You're assuming it would be ponies fighting a completely different race together.
>Pony civil war

For what purpose.

>Also, mudpones would be useless in a unit like this.

So you're telling me swords are useless as soon as the bow was invented.

Not all your army is composed of elite squads. You need a lot of line infantry, and that's the role the mud pones are filling.

>I'd love some canon for that

I'd like some canon for the other side too.

>Bite in handlebar

You should really go see how a trigger actually works.

>Specific motion with a hoof strapped to a reload mechanism

So the gun would be heavy as fuck with such a mechanism. If otherwise, please provide me with an illustration of it.

>Crosshair to the handlebar
>When the weapon is heavily offset from the crosshair

>Magic/low caliber bullets

So SMGs turned into rifles. That's pretty much useless, considering the range at which unicorn can engage you.
>>
>>25444544
Rut off, mate.

>>25444554
>For what purpose.
Why not? Are you telling me what to write?
There might be pony lands other than Equestria, it's not like the tiny map we've seen so far is the entire fucking planet.

>So you're telling me swords are useless as soon as the bow was invented.
No, I'm telling you swords were useless as soon as reliable guns were invented.

>I'd like some canon for the other side too.
I don't have to prove shit if you didn't prove the shit I'm supposed to argue against.
>hurr prove god DOESN'T exist!

>You should really go see how a trigger actually works.
They work the way they do because we have fingers. You can just put triggers where their teeth bite into.

>So the gun would be heavy as fuck with such a mechanism. If otherwise, please provide me with an illustration of it.
Magic.
Otherwise just use ammo belts.

>>When the weapon is heavily offset from the crosshair
Set the guns on a slight angle so that the bullets land closer together/two crosshairs.

>So SMGs turned into rifles. That's pretty much useless,
Yes, I'm sure guns are completely useless against unarmed attackers, just ask any soldier or police officer.

>considering the range at which unicorn can engage you.
And what would that range be?
If it's that long, then it would make no sense to attack without guns anyway.
>>
>>25444439
Can we NOT have this fucking conversation again?
>>
>>25444594
I agree. Guns make sense in fics set in the future, but not otherwise. There's nothing to argue about.
>>
>>25444580
>There might be pony lands other than Equestria

I'd love some canon for that

>As soon as reliable guns were invented

Bows were pretty reliable too if you didn't know. They're not single-user weapons, you zerg rush the enemy with waves of bowmen and then unleash your rain of arrows on them.

>Trigger with teeth bites

No, you should really look at the size of a trigger mechanism, and how it actually fires the bullet. It's not "push down, magic bullet goes off" crap.

>Magic

Then what is the purpose of that gun if it's still going to use the same magic? Why not just send in some unicorn?

>Set the gun on a small angle
>So it can only shoot reliably at a certain distance

That's viable on airplane where all the guns are set to hit at a certain angle, but doing so on a rifle would just render it even worse than a straight one.

>I'm sure guns are useless against unarmed attackers

Wait, I thought you were talking about ponies fighting ponies.

Didn't you tell me that the other races also had ranged weapons?

And anyways, a pistol bullet is barely efficient past a certain distance. They're not sniper rifles you know.

>What range?

Normal visual range, maybe even more with some advance spells

>If it's that long, then it would make sense not to use guns

Aren't you the guy saying guns make sense because you don't have a reliable counter for ranged weapons?
>>
>>25444594
>>25444602
Pretty much that, except that Mr Edgelord here thinks guns make perfect sense, along with a pony civil war.

I think I'll stop for now and let him figure out shit for himself.
>>
File: 2015-11-15_16-23-54.png (1 KB, 139x41) Image search: [Google]
2015-11-15_16-23-54.png
1 KB, 139x41
>>25444630
>I'd love some canon for that
I said "might". I can do whatever I want in my fics.

>Bows were pretty reliable too if you didn't know.
But too slow to impact warfare as much as the more modern guns did.

>No, you should really look at the size of a trigger mechanism, and how it actually fires the bullet. It's not "push down, magic bullet goes off" crap.
I know how triggers work. You can just connect it to an actual trigger on the gun itself.

>Then what is the purpose of that gun if it's still going to use the same magic? Why not just send in some unicorn?
Why use guns in real life? Why not just send in some gunsmith?

>>So it can only shoot reliably at a certain distance
Oh yes, because units equipped with automatic rifles have the same effective range as snipers.

>I thought you were talking about ponies fighting ponies.
It was just an example of a situation where guns would be useful in a fanfic.

>Didn't you tell me that the other races also had ranged weapons?
No, I said there's no canon to go on here.

>Aren't you the guy saying guns make sense because you don't have a reliable counter for ranged weapons?
I'm saying they make sense because you don't have a reliable counter for CQC and other opponents with ranged weapons.

>>25444642
You dumbass, you're agreeing with the second post even though you disagreed with me here >>25444362 even though I said the exact same thing.
Also, you're agreeing with me.
Are you sure we should even be arguing? We seem to have roughly the same stance on the matter anyway.
>>
>>25444642
And pony civil war DOES make sense. In fact, it already happened if you happened to WTS. Except it didn't involve guns or weapons of any kind, just aggressive friendzoning until everyone froze to death.
>>
>>25444670
>I can do whatever I want in my fics

Oh no, not one of those guys.

>Too slow to impact warfare

Just go tell an old knight that crossbows didn't impact warfare. Or hell, any historian.

>Because units equipped with different weapon don't have the same range

What you're doing, by angling the gun, is setting a fixed shooting range, as where the bullet only meets the crosshair at, say, 500 meters. Although it's acceptable with planes, where they hit huge target, doing so with ponies will only enable them to shoot precisely at that distance, and non other. Which is pretty bad.

>I said there's no canon to go there
>When you clearly implied you thought that saying otherwise was false

>Counter for CQC

Then what is the purpose of using any non-modern firearm for CQC? That's why you have spears and swords, not muskets and rifles.

>>25444691
>And pony civil war DOES make sense.

Sure, Edgelord McEdgy.
>>
>>25444714
Do you even fucking watch the show?
>>
>>25444714
>Oh no, not one of those guys.
>if I don't like [thing], then nobody should write about it!
Oh no, not one of those guys.

>>Too slow to impact warfare
Nice cherrypicking, you'd make a damn fine journalist. I also said "as much as the more modern guns did".

>What you're doing, by angling the gun, is setting a fixed shooting range, as where the bullet only meets the crosshair at, say, 500 meters.
I know, but that doesn't stop anyone from roughly calculating where bullets go before that point, and it makes the crosshair make more sense.

>>When you clearly implied you thought that saying otherwise was false
No, I clearly fucking said that saying otherwise is not supported by fact, so making that argument was pointless.

>Then what is the purpose of using any non-modern firearm for CQC? That's why you have spears and swords, not muskets and rifles.
I don't really understand what you're trying to say.

>Sure, Edgelord McEdgy.
He's not me, but he's right. Civil war has happened in the past, and while it's not important for my own argument, deflecting his point by calling it "edgy" makes you look stupid.
>>
>>25444744
>Off by 300

For which aspect m8?
>>
>>25444757
http://mlp.wikia.com/wiki/Hearth's_Warming_Eve
Better read up.
>>
>>25444782
>Tense relationship between three tribes
>Where each tribe needs each other, or else it will die
>lel civil war
>>
File: 1421.gif (40 KB, 350x261) Image search: [Google]
1421.gif
40 KB, 350x261
Any fics where Al Bundy goes to Equestria?
>>
>>25444804
>an embargo on everyone else
>social unrest because of race differences and connected work groups
What the fuck else could it be? A bad time at the tea party? A lack of trying? Feminism?
>>
>>25444842
>Embargo
>Social unrest
>Civil war

It think it's really past your bed time, Edgelord McEdgy
>>
>>25444860
Not that guy, but do you think you're being funny with that "Edgelord McEdgy"? It's really fucking obnoxious.
>>
>>25444885
indeed.

it should be Edgy McEdgelord
>>
>>25444885
>Not that guy

Sure you aren't.
>>
>>25444910
Yes, it's very hard to believe more than one person could possibly dislike you, isn't it?
>>
>>25444910
Yes, it's very hard to believe more than one person could possibly dislike you, isn't it?
>>
>>25444910
>>
>>25444910
>>
>>25445108
>>25445171
>>25445174
Yes, it's very hard to believe that someone could post three replies, isn't it?
>>
>>25445193
>three
This nigga.
>>
>>25445193
>three
This nigga.
>>
>>25445211
>>25445219
i do know how to count one reply mah nigga. like the one you sent me here.
>>
>>25445235
>two posts under a minute
>samefag
This nigga.
>>
>>25445235
>two posts under a minute
>samefag
This nigga.
>>
>>25445246
Yeah that's bullshit
>>
>>25441305
Insufficient.
http://www.fimfiction.net/story/184037/insufficient

I had lost hopes when it got o nhiatus, but I'm glad to see it come back.
>>
>>25443682
Welp, added some more stuff to the story.

Hopefully it won't be a total disappointment after that.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1EPw7zr5m2l6XSI653OYfG3HsNPcjaobwoil9zIGl8Hs/edit

Just go towards the end and you'll have it.
>>
Heart's Warming Eve was a civil war
>>
>>25444714
I don't understand, whats the big deal with guns? It is moderately set in a modern era, like Manehatten etc.

It makes sense for them to exist, but not be shown in the show because of the region and unneeded for that in the story.
>>
>>25445338
Answer this question for yourself; How does a non-unicorn operate a musket?
>>
>>25445350
By making a suitable arrangement to their own physiology. Which means, making it suitable to where it can be used.
>>
>>25445368
Show us this suitable arrangement, please.
>>
File: Headcannon.jpg (44 KB, 473x562) Image search: [Google]
Headcannon.jpg
44 KB, 473x562
>>25445368
How the fuck do you do that, then?
The only remote possibility is pic related.
>>
>>25445338
>It makes sense for them to exist,

See >>25444439's first lines

>but not be shown in the show because of the region

We've seen royal guards in Canterlot, Ponyville and the Crystal Empire. Those are, from the looks of it, fairly flat surfaces where a ranged weapon would operate perfectly. Yet we've yet to see any of the guards, unicorn or not, bear a gun.
>>
>>25445389
>metal crown can be used as a cooking utensil when detached
kek
>>
>>25445389
Hello neck injuries.
>>
>>25444594
>Can we NOT have this fucking conversation again?
At this point I think I have my answer
>>
>>25445418
You can engineer around that, you know. Have a single cannon mounted to the back with a counterbalance, looking over the shoulder, or two cannons that can be fired in tandem. It would definitely work for something like missile firing or anti air, hell, it could work better than with humans.
>>
File: 300px-Redeye_MANPADS.jpg (21 KB, 300x198) Image search: [Google]
300px-Redeye_MANPADS.jpg
21 KB, 300x198
>>25445431
>How do I absorbed recoil
>It's gonna work better with humans

Here's your problem.

>Firing AA missiles
>What are MANPADS
>>
>>25445450
>could work better than with humans.

>it's gonna work better with humans

You fucking retard. Stop arguing about this.
>>
>>25445403
It's a kid show.
>>
>>25445499
And that is why there's no reason to have guns.
>>
>>25445505
Doesn't mean it doesn't leave to the imagination.

Hell, they use cannons in the show, what says they can't use guns?
>>
>>25445505
This.
>>
>>25445521
>what says they can't use guns?
Common sense
>>
>>25445532
Wrong again. Common sense says they can use guns.
>>
>>25445532
What's that?
>>
>>25445532
B-but anon, common sense is too plebian for my edge fic!
>>
>>25445535
>Wrong again.
That's what I've been trying to tell you.
>>
>>25445542
Fuck off.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 53

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.