[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fimfiction thread: Avec 35% plus d'histoires à chier
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 65
File: 1441481086022.jpg (95 KB, 590x767) Image search: [Google]
1441481086022.jpg
95 KB, 590x767
Come one and all and help raise the quality of My Little Pony fanfiction! Featuring: Bloody walls of text everywhere

ITT: Crack ships, 7SDJ, what we're doing, The Conversion Bureau universe, multi-reply anon still here, Voiceguy hopefully losing all his autistbux in Vegas, bat pones, Starla gets attention, Fluffy hates criticism, book shelves, edge fics, Deviant Art, Twilight and the sorcerer's stoned, show and tell, word counts, shit fics, soldier in Equestria, stay off the thread, Equestrian matriarchy debate, a namefag, walls of text, guns, Equestria is an utopia or rather it isn't, the thread spirals down in yet another wall of text debate about the Harmony Doctrine and it's revealed all the thread was done by one guy.

Tired of the same old 'Human goes to Equestria to fuck his underage waifu' formula? Burnt out after reading that Fallout crossover? Well, we've compiled the best of the worst in order to bring you our absolute average!

Introducing, the FiM-Fiction Starter Kit (list of winners): http://i.imgur.com/vuTA7EN.png (embed) (embed)

List of nominees by category: http://mlp-fanfics.herokuapp.com/

>Need a good writing prompt?: http://autismwhinnies.tumblr.com/

Riffs and Reviews:
http://pastebin.com/u/notkickass222urmom

Voiceguy's readings:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCt68MpmvEketmqOdHncHI2w

>Prompt of the Week: Work on your deadfic, you lazy bum.

Do you want critique on your story? Post it on Google Docs with inline comments enabled.

Old thread: >>25468099
>>
Futaloo will be my Adam, and I will be here Eve.
Get
>>
>>25501739
Just as I was typing it.

Meestaloo get
>>
>>25501739
Next time, Anon.
>>
Thread seems awfully quiet all of a sudden.
>>
I have hard time finding actually funny comedic fics. It feels like only things people find funny are either throwing characters under the bus simply for "comedic" effect and falling short for it or make as many pop culture references as possible. Even the one which is top rated on the starter kit was just average. An okay slice of life story, but hardly comedic at all.

It might be that written form is just terrible for comedy.
>>
>>25501868
episode about to start
>>
>>25501880
>written form is just terrible for comedy
You need to go read some actual comedy.
>>
>>25501868
Thank fuck.

>>25501880
Nah, it's just that most writers on fimfic have an awful sense of humour. The funniest fic I've read is Jericho.
>>
>>25501904
You have a link to a live stream?
>>
>>25501880
The Mare Who Once Lived on the Moon gets pretty fucking funny at parts, pretty fucking depressing later.
>>
>>25501922
>>>/25501763/
choose your poison
>>
>>25501975
Which prison are you in, anon?
>>
>>25501975
You mean >>25501763
>>
>>25502069
bronystate ponka room
It has been 4 years
>>
>>25502110
>rara
>not rarity
WAT
>>
>>25502276
Whoops, wrong thread
>>
>Starlight back confirmed

Great, now NH is definitely in the Alternate Universe.

Or I can rip it off and use it for the final scene.
>>
>>25502110
>watching bronystate
>ever
Pfft, what a lowly plebeian.
>>
>>25502339
She was confirmed ages ago, dude. And it was obvious she'll return in the finale.
>>
Sirens return confirmed.
>>
>Equestria goes in DEFCON 1 for next week

DIS GUN B GUD
>>
>>25502530
It'll be just like my favorite warfic!
>>
So, about that SG thing

Would SG being involved in the project, and the arising threat that would be detected by the cutie maps preventing her from doing whatever she's gonna do to Twalot a good explanation?
>>
>>25502573
Wingguns and mouthknuckles and hornblades!
fuck yeah
>>
Whew lads.

Are the ships already going on the front page?
>>
Also, 'Questria has a new national anthem
>>
How on earth is This Game of Mine so damn good? It's all about horses playing vidya, by all rights it should be pure cancer.
>>
>>25502866
>prewriting generic clop and plugging new character names into it so you can publish it while the episode is still airing

fucking brilliant, yo
>>
Are you guys still in the streams?
>>
>>25503289
Course not, episode's over
>>
>unironically watching 360p shit quality streams instead of waiting a few hours for 1080p uploads
>>
Why so ded, thred?
>>
>>25503991
Probably shell shock from last thread's autism.
>>
>>25503662
1080p is already there for hours.
>>
File: skies de limit.png (209 KB, 926x580) Image search: [Google]
skies de limit.png
209 KB, 926x580
Why.
>>
>>25504217
>can't even write the title right
Oh boy.

>Sora, an average guy
>anime name
>average
I think it's a woman's name too.

>anthro
I will never get the appeal. Full horse or no horse, that's the deal.

>Chocolina
Sounds vaguely racist. Is the "merchant" actually Count Chocula?

>a new sex
Probably the fist time he ever has it.

>the rest
There's no hook here. No interesting parts. Aside from the subject matter being shit, it's just a poorly written piece of text.
>>
>>25504338
>anime name
A weeb fan of a weeb artist

>a crossover with nothing

>transgender weeb is more popular than luna

>mature, sex, romance, dark, comedy, anthro, crossover, AU, SoL, dark
surprised theres no gore, mystery, and/or scifi
>>
>>25504388
Well, his social life is quite clearly a science fiction, but it's also quite clear that he'd have to have one in the first place to include it in the story.
>>
>>25504388
In the absence of a "Fantasy" tag, he might as well have tagged it "Tragedy".
>>
>>25504461
Just like his poetry.
>>
>Rara said Applejack was her "childhood fillyfriend"
Now, either people stop using this word as a ponified version of "girlfriend", or we'll get a few lolicon shipfics.
I'm hoping for the latter.
>>
>>25504553
What's the term stories sometimes use for lesbians again? Fillyfiddlers? It's something stupid like that, and it never ceases to annoy me.
>>
>>25504582

Fillyfoolers.

I'm not a big fan either, because it sounds pedophillic, but I can't deny the appeal of alliteration.
>>
File: 2015-11-21_19-33-18.jpg (85 KB, 1415x711) Image search: [Google]
2015-11-21_19-33-18.jpg
85 KB, 1415x711
Royal Ponyville Orchestra is now canon.

Also how the fuck can a pony play a piano with hooves i mean jesus christ what
>>
>>25504553
I thought "marefriend" had pretty much become the standard. The last time I remember seeing fillyfriend was Eakin's Hard Reset Trilogy.
>>
>>25504770
I don't think I've ever seen "marefriend".
>>
Bloody hell, the thread's dying like crazy.

Don't make me get out the guns again...
>>
File: plate armor.jpg (127 KB, 682x1023) Image search: [Google]
plate armor.jpg
127 KB, 682x1023
>>25506026
Who hath faith scorned, knave?
>>
>>25506063
At least spears are confirmed as canon weaponry for the EUP.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=meNmuUvsB58
>>
>>25506102
Nigger, those have been there for ages. Since Canterlot Wedding at least.
>>
File: mounties.jpg (2 MB, 4896x3264) Image search: [Google]
mounties.jpg
2 MB, 4896x3264
Any anon knows how to hide an author note only chapter on Fimfic?

>>25506118
I wrote that because some anons thought that spears were only ceremonial weapons to show off during guard duty, and that guns were actually used for combat.

A bit like pic related mounties' pikes
>>
>>25506289
But that's fucking retarded. In order for a weapon to be ceremonial, it first must be a useful fucking weapon. A ceremonial weapon is a, spoiler alert, WEAPON with a bunch of makeup that makes it a lot less useful and a lot more flashy.
>>
>>25506325
>But that's fucking retarded.

What did you expect, rational thought and intelligent debate?

This is /fimfic/.
>>
File: file.png (544 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
file.png
544 KB, 480x640
>>25506289
>implying mounties don't fight crime with pikes
>implying there wouldn't be less crime if mounties used pikes

>>25506325
>In order for a weapon to be ceremonial, it first must be a useful fucking weapon
Not really. Being a weapon, it's certainly based of something perhaps moderately useful, but the ceremonial item itself is usually shit. Just look at the widespread tradition of ceremonial maces. This one belongs to the Lord President of the Court of Session.
>>
File: out_khnc.webm (736 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
out_khnc.webm
736 KB, 250x250
>kh&c, chapter 2

Shining and Cadance set up Rarity on a blind date with Silver. She recognizes him as "that drunk stallion who was harrassing Ms. Golden Sun", and flips the fuck out. Someone explains that Golden Sun is his sister who was dragging his drunk ass home from the bar, so Rarity calms down and they have a nice date.

Rarity meets with her friends, who have somehow divined that she's met a guy. She mentions Silversteel's name, and Twilight says she's pretty sure he's married to Derpy and the father of her two children (not true, but they were together for a long time and he cares a lot about her adopted kids). Rarity flips out again, not bothering to wonder why "the romance alicorn" would send her on a date with a married stallion. I thought she was going to pull the whole self-sacrifice, "He Needs To Be With His Family" thing, but instead she just asks him to explain, gets a straight answer, and life is good. (How weird is that?)

And finally: A love triangle with only three ponies? BORING! Meet Tiger Lily:

>“Only gal who’s gonna be lifting her tail for him is me, got that?”
>“Well, you’re honest about it – probably why we’re best friends.”
>“You mean future sisters-in-law,” Tiger said, sealing the deal.

>“Like a sister to me.” She sighed inwardly. Can’t I interest you in some incest, if that’s the case?

>And now coupled with being in the friend zone–worse than that, even–she was going to have to definitely work her way into his heart in any way possible.
>First off, as soon as she got the chance, she’d fly to Ponyville and pound the shit out of that harridelle, Derpy.
>After that, she would have to watch to ensure that her beau wasn’t looking in the wrong direction. That would give her enough time to start working on her own plans to get him in her hooves. She knew she could do it; all she needed was time.

So now we have our antagonist. She doesn't know about Rarity yet, but I'm sure that will change soon.
>>
File: mace.jpg (94 KB, 660x506) Image search: [Google]
mace.jpg
94 KB, 660x506
>>25506491
Oh yeah, we have one of those in the parliament.

>Implying this badass carrying a gun killing that guy in the Parliament attack isn't also using the mace as a real weapon
>>
>>25501880
>An okay slice of life story, but hardly comedic at all.
That fic got that place because it's the comiedic fic that better captures the MLP vibe, not because it's the most funny.
>>
File: 3r69r8.jpg (60 KB, 625x351) Image search: [Google]
3r69r8.jpg
60 KB, 625x351
I'm seriously wondering if my Quebecfaggotry killed the thread with my OP.
>>
http://www.fimfiction.net/story/297630/colors-of-the-soul

Why, exactly, is this a fanfic? It's actually an interesting concept, but the concept hinges on being set in a unique world.

What possessed the author to shoehorn that world inside an already established one? We know that Equestria does not work like this. So why the fuck would you just say "lol alternate universe" when your premise is good enough to make a decent standalone short story?
>>
>>25507104
Apparently this style of AU is A Thing on tumblr: http://thegeminisage.tumblr.com/post/94680598838
>>
>>25507104
What were you expecting?
>>
>>25502931
The author is really talented, and has experience playing vidya and facing backlash since she's a woman.
>>
Hey, have any of you guys read "You Do (Not) Belong"? I read through the first few chapters and something about the writing makes me cringe, and I really don't know if it's just me being picky or if it's legitimately cringe. The rating seems decent for HiE and the chapters have a decent length. So...

Anyone know if it gets any better, or should I expect more of the same past the first couple of chapters? Should I just drop it.

Don't know why I wanted to ask by the way, normally I would just drop it. It is what it is, I guess. Thoughts?

>>25502931
See >>25507621
Don't look a gift horse in the mouth, Anon. It should be shit, but it isn't. So just shut it and enjoy your horse words while they last.
>>
>>25507653
Forgot, here's the link in case anyone wants to know what I'm talking about.

http://www.fimfiction.net/story/23095/you-do-not-belong
>>
>>25507653
>>25507621
>This Game of Mine
I kind of cringed at the parts were Sweetie goes full-on ninja when attacking someone, but honestly its' two paragraphs of a few thousand. Very good fic, recomended read.
>>
>>25507653
>You Do (Not) Belong
I remember thinking it was kind of bad but I don't remember why.
>>
I had an idea while I spaced out during a seminar instead of paying attention.

Twilight is doing research on X obscure topic, probably some arcane magic babble thing, but doesn't manage to find any information about it. She clearly remembers works referencing said topic, but can't find any info actually addressing said topic. Eventually, she finds a paper tengentially related to X topic, but it's clearly faulty and unintelligible, almost as if you found a research paper on reinforced concrete that didn't mention steel.

She's understandably disturbed by this, and wonders if there could be a sinister force at work. Dismissing it as paranoia, she goes to sleep and decides she'll ask Princess Celestia in the morning, but come the morning, she's completely forgotten about her research on the obscure magic topic, although Spike remembers her going in a frenzy the day prior. What's more, she's forgotten about her wild theory about an evil force at play.

You can kind of see where I'm going with this. The story would expand on how ponies start forgetting about small, almost inconsequential things, growing until everyone starts forgetting progressively important things (And while I think it'd be hilarious if Applejack forgot about apples, I don't think that's the sort of mood I'd be aiming for). And how every attempt at directlythinking about the problem would result in the pony forgetting everythign about it the next day.

Twilight would be forced to use very roundabout logic and analogies to circumvent the "forget everything" scenario and try to piece out a solution, like setting reminders not to search for certain information so that she forgets them and is free to do research.

She must be careful and take things slow, but at the same time runs the risk of taking too long and Celestia or Luna forgetting how raise the Sun and the Moon.

The fic would escalate until Twilight faces the evil entity in Tartarus and somehow manages to make it forget itself.

(cont'd)
>>
>>25508069
That'd be it pertaining the story itself, I was thinking of maybe having Discord be immune to the effect due to him simply not noticing anything was different, and he'd aid Twilight when it came time to defeat the antagonist.

Now, I like to stroke my ego just as much as anyone, but I don't think I'd be capable of carrying this story for a hundred thousand words, so I'd most likely try to wrap it up in six or seven 4k word chapters.

Also, I almost wanted to make the thing end with Twilight forgetting everything and starting the entire thing all over again, to sort of hint that this is not the first time that this has happened, and the tragic twist is that the evil entity has already gained control over Equestria, but I thought that may be a bit too unsatisfying for the reader.

Anyway, thoughts on this?
>>
>>25508069
>>25508262
Sounds relevant to my interests.

Why is the bad guy stealing memories? That's just what he does (part of his nature)? Or he needs ponies to forget about something in particular (that original research paper, maybe), and he just has to keep wiping more and more to keep his existence from being uncovered?

Does this affect written documents as well? (So Twilight couldn't find any good papers because the bad guy had magically wiped/destroyed all copies?) Otherwise it seems like Twilight would just write down a bunch of notes every night and read them in the morning. (Though that could be interesting in itself. At some point there will be too many notes to feasibly read every morning, and she'll have to rely on vague summaries/instructions and trust that her many past selves have collectively set her on the right track.)

Here are some things this reminds me of:

- There's a pony fic (don't recall the name) that involves an ancient enchantment called the "False Harmony", which subtly twists ponies' minds, erases/modifies documents, etc, with the goal of maintaining a particular kind of harmony.

- The Oversoul, from one of Orson Scott Card's weirder series ("Homecoming Saga", I think), does a similar thing. It's a satellite network that tries to block particular thoughts across the whole planet, to prevent certain technologies from being developed.

- Ruin, from the Mistborn trilogy, has the ability to read or alter any written text, anywhere in the world. This is obviously incredibly powerful for manipulating people. At some point the protagonists' army starts sending all messages engraved on metal plates, since Ruin can't see or touch metal because of reasons.
>>
File: file.png (1 MB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
file.png
1 MB, 1366x768
Two seasons ago, Twilight became an alicorn.
One season ago, she became a proper princess.
This season, she became a video camera and projector set.
When will this end?
>>
>>25508548
She will be Terry Prattchet.
>>
>>25508572
So she's going to be dead?
>>
>>25508585
We already know that sudoku takes you to Equestria.
She already is
Everyone is
We are just in a pre death
The last stage isThe teletubies' world, forever laughed at by a baby sun.
>>
>>25508600
>eternally scorched and taunted by a laughing sun
So you're telling me that Hell is real after all?
>>
>>25508659
>So you're telling me that Hell is real after all?
At least it isn't endless bureaucracy.
>>
>>25507798
It was cringe, yea, but the good kind of cringe. The kind where you're cringing at the actions taken by the character within the narrative and not because of the narrative itself.

Or maybe that's not how it was for you. All I can say about that is that I can personally attest to nerd rage being a thing and that that is a pretty accurate depiction of how it can be triggered as far as I'm concerned.
>>
>>25508526
>There's a pony fic (don't recall the name) that involves an ancient enchantment called the "False Harmony",
I found it, it's "The Ash" (previously known as "The Creature"): https://www.fimfiction.net/story/58529/the-ash

Of course this is the ONE fic I have saved only as epub, meaning `grep -r False\ Harmony` couldn't just find it in 10 seconds
>>
>>25508719
>implying there isn't a line that runs straight out of tartarus and back around the block for sunscreen and aloe vera
>implying the line isn't fronted by a very bored infinitely cynical teenager who only cares about their job as much as they need to and no more so than that
>implying you can escape this hell in hell
>>
>>25508526
>Why is the bad guy stealing memories?
Going for my original idea for the ending, it's a way of having ponies under his control. I think it works, although it makes it a bit simplistic. I was thinking about something more about the lines of it gaining power from the subtle disharmony and chaos created from the constant forgetting.

>and he just has to keep wiping more and more to keep his existence from being uncovered?
That's part of it. He keeps making ponies forget small things and keep escalating as means of obtaining power and remaining stealthy, but he always makes sure to make ponies forget about him. That's the lead Twilight takes to start unraveling the madness.

>Does this affect written documents as well?
The idea is that this evil entity of sorts is a primal force of nature, or a lesser Elder God if you may, so it has a moderate control over reality, just like Discord, but does so subtly to avoid being detected.

>Though that could be interesting in itself. At some point there will be too many notes to feasibly read every morning.
She has to be very subtle about it. If she starts leaving too many notes and hints, the entity could realise what she's doing and wipe her memories again.

>There's a pony fic (don't recall the name) that involves an ancient enchantment called the "False Harmony", which subtly twists ponies' minds, erases/modifies documents, etc, with the goal of maintaining a particular kind of harmony.
It does sound interesting. If you remember the name, plase do share it.

The other two sound interesting as well. I may check 'em out at some point, but they do seem to be more about a sci-fi dystopia rather than the Fantasy Thriller/Mystery (with a healthy dash of existential horror) I'm aiming for.
>>
>>25508752
Yeah, I've experienced nerd rage as much as anyone else here, but it didn't go
>Hit in X way, stagger, punch in the throat, break jugular
That's not something you learn from games, going Commando like that.
I actually have through like that from time to time, but that's more from my knowledge of medicine than anything else. Games teach you to eat a pankake to regen HP and keep pressing the trigger, nothing else.
Also, as a lover of golden age games like Homeworld and Quake, the whole Destiny thing makes me cringe. I actually watched a few gameplays of it to give it a chance and I only saw a pretentious "Random Verb is a name to look deep 3.3.54.6.7.4.23.2.5.7.8.5.4.23.1.5.7.8" thing with shit gameplay as expected. But then again that's a terribly personal and even petty reason, so I don't really count it as a con.
>>
>>25508827
The story is still enjoyable nevertheless.
Hell, I'm an editor for TGoM and I don't play videogames.
>>
>>25508930
>>The story is still enjoyable nevertheless.
Never contested that, it was a instant follow.
Also Silver Spoon is what happens when Lelouch and Alucard from Hellsing Ultimate have babies. Prove me wrong you faggits.
>>
>>25508792
>>25508792
>a way of having ponies under his control
How would he benefit from this?

>gaining power from the subtle disharmony
That might work, but what I'm imagining right now is things like making a stallion forget his anniversary to cause an argument with his wife, which is kind of corny.

>keeps making ponies forget small things and keep escalating
If he's doing fine just from making stallions forget their anniversaries or whatever, why escalate? Going bigger only risks detection.

>primal force of nature
>moderate control over reality
I like it.

Why does it need to avoid detection in the first place? It's just not powerful enough to take on C&L / all of Equestria?

What are its powers, specifically?
- Can it see / act anywhere in the world, or does it have to be physically present?
- Can it erase memories en masse, or does it have to go one at a time?
- Can it alter memories too, on only erase?
- How does it target memories? Does it look through the target's head to find stuff worth erasing? Can it "wipe everything related to X", or does it have to look through memories one by one to find ones about X?
- Can it sense when ponies say / write / think its name, or talk / write / think about it in general?
- Can it detect documents about X, or does it have to already know where they are? (To erase those research papers, did it have to go through every university library in Equestria, or did it somehow erase all copies at once? Also, could Twilight trick it by hiding her notes, or by avoiding certain words/phrases?)

>If she starts leaving too many notes and hints, the entity could realise what she's doing and wipe her memories again.
Isn't it already doing that anyway?

>It does sound interesting. If you remember the name, plase do share it.
See >>25508769
>>
>>25509089
>How would he benefit from this?
I figured I'd give him an end goal beyond escaping Tartarus.

> what I'm imagining right now is things like making a stallion forget his anniversary to cause an argument with his wife, which is kind of corny.
It is corny, which is why noone pays attention to it. Ponies forget that kind of stuff from time to time. Not so much when you forget you have a wife in the first place.

> why escalate? Going bigger only risks detection.
It's weak due to its imprisonment in Tartarus, which is why it starts slow. Make ponies forget simple small stuff and gain just a little bit of power back from the subtle disharmony. As it grows stronger, it can make ponies forget more important things, but by that point they've already been forgetting things constantly, which prevents them from fully realising what's happening. And during all that time, it grows stronger.

>It's just not powerful enough to take on C&L / all of Equestria?
Since it's in Tartarus, I imagine a scenario similar to when Tirek escaped. He had to gain power from a lot of ponies before he could take on Celestia and Luna. And Cadence.

>What are its powers, specifically?
I intentionally want to keep that as simple and vague as possible so that it makes it seem more ominous (and it's easier to write.)

>Can it see / act anywhere in the world, or does it have to be physically present?
It can, but as I said, its imprisonment has weakened it severely.
>Can it erase memories en masse, or does it have to go one at a time?
I want to say one at a time, but by the time it gets more powerful, all bets are off (i.e. whatever benefits the narrative more at that point).
>Can it alter memories too, on only erase?
Only erase, if it could alter memories it'd be too easy to cover its tracks.
>How does it target memories?
I assume it's some sort of empathic ability, just like earth pony magic.

(cont'd)
>>
>>25509089
>Does it look through the target's head to find stuff worth erasing?
While I would love to dwelve into how the mind of a pony is structured, I don't think I can do that 'and' keep a suspenseful pace at the same time. I am perfectly fine with handwaving the more specific details to "Eldritch Abomination Magic".
>Can it "wipe everything related to X", or does it have to look through memories one by one to find ones about X?
This is entirely a personal matter, but if I was an Elder God trying to gain control over lesser beings, I would pay more attention about searching and destroying memories about me.
>Can it sense when ponies say / write / think its name, or talk / write / think about it in general?
I think that could work. Having some sort of alarm that goes in your nth dimensional mind whenever too many ponies start wondering about you, so you know you have to target those memories.
>Can it detect documents about X, or does it have to already know where they are?
Initially, I conceived the creature as being capable of deleting the concept of "X", but the idea evolved, and that kept as a remnant. What I could do is make it so he can only delete documents about X if someone reads about it. Just like how Twilight found a half erased document she was specifically looking for. Also, this could work in my favour as Twilight could leave traps so other ponies would subconsciously remember stuff about the entity. They aren't looking for the truth, so something that twilight mentions manages to stick with them, and when she loses those memories, the ponies she talked to can remind her of what's happening. Everypony holds a piece of the puzzle, but only she sees the full picture.

>Isn't it already doing that anyway?
Yeah, but there's a difference between one or two odd mentions of yourself, and a particular pony keeping track of dozens and dozens of hints about you and your history. Which is why Twilight can't go full investigative mode and must bide her time.
>>
Do you know what I just realised about Slice of Life, as in the episode? It actually shits over a fundamental part of traditional LyraBon writing (which at the very least used to be immensely popular).
So, the basic dynamic of a fanon LyraBon relationship is that Lyra is the wacky "humans" pone, right? Lyra has a surprisingly adamant fanon personality.
Bon Bon, however, does not. She has no uniform, commonly accepted fanon personality, except for the fact that she almost always plays the straight man to wacky Lyra. This is arguably her main role.

But with SoL, Bon Bon was the one that got a wacky character trait, while Lyra from a canon perspective remains just ordinary. If we go by that episode, she is the natural straight man to the abnormal Bon Bon.
And that kind of throws the whole thing around, doesn't it?

I haven't read that ship in ages. Is it still popular?
>>
>>25509089
>See >>25508769
I'll be sure to give it a read once my exams are over.
I'm pumped about this, now.
>>
>>25509204
>weak due to its imprisonment in Tartarus
>scenario similar to when Tirek escaped
Ah, perfect. That works fine as motivation, especially for a short-ish fic.

>I intentionally want to keep that as simple and vague as possible so that it makes it seem more ominous
I think it will still be plenty ominous during the part where Twilight is running around trying to figure out wtf is going on. And anyway, you don't have to put every detail of its powers into the story, but it's good to have them so that things will be consistent.

In particular, there needs to be some concrete limitation on the thing's powers so that Twilight (once she figures out what's happening) can come up with a clever workaround to let her plan effectively against it. Like how in Mistborn, they figure out Ruin can't interact with metal, and start writing all their letters on sheets of bronze. Maybe here, the thing can only affect sleeping ponies, so Twilight spends three days in a caffeine-fueled frenzy trying to stop the thing before she passes out.

Whatever limitation you come up with, if possible you should drop hints so that attentive readers can find the loophole before Twilight does. (It might not be possible, depending on exactly what the limitation is.)

>by the time it gets more powerful, all bets are off
Sounds good to me

>I don't think I can do that 'and' keep a suspenseful pace
Yeah, I think I was a little unclear - I don't expect to see answers to all these in the story, but it's good to have some idea in order to keep the story internally consistent.

>alarm that goes in your nth dimensional mind whenever too many ponies start wondering about you
So does it know instantly which ponies to target? Or just a general area, and it has to start snooping around to find the one?

>Which is why Twilight can't go full investigative mode and must bide her time.
Won't she have to go pretty far into "full investigative mode" just to find out about the thing and its powers?
>>
New Harmony stuff.

Judging from Fimfic's constitution, would they get their pitches and fork out and denounce a Gary Stu OC ship if I ironically refer to SS and BB one as a "couple"?
>>
>>25510696
I always preferred SSBM to SSBB.
>>
>>25510696
Dam it, *once

I need more coffee.

>>25510771
Bon Bon and an OC in some edgy adventure/AU fic.
>>
>>25510779
>Dam it
Are you a beaver?
>>
File: 2canadian4me.jpg (175 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2canadian4me.jpg
175 KB, 1920x1080
>>25510796
Yes, how did you guess?

Or it might be based BC. From what I know we're the two only Canucks here.
>>
>>25510813
I'm a Yuro, m8.
>>
>>25510829
Same thing.

We're all made of immigrants
Trying to push away the true first nations
And putting them into camps
>>
>>25510843
>We're all made of immigrants
Not my glorious conservatist country.
Thank God I left that place, those people were retarded.
>>
File: ZSU-23-4-Camp-Pendleton.jpg (595 KB, 2030x1348) Image search: [Google]
ZSU-23-4-Camp-Pendleton.jpg
595 KB, 2030x1348
>>25510880
Wait, there's a country not yet invaded by sandniggers?

Oh yeah, forgot stronk Russia.

But even there they're apparently sending in refugees.

Could we get back to the question?
>>
>>25510898
>Russia
Come on, I said my country's bad, but we're not Russia level of fucking awful.
>>
File: big cat 2a7.jpg (223 KB, 850x567) Image search: [Google]
big cat 2a7.jpg
223 KB, 850x567
>>25510922
>Denying stronk motherland best motherland

Anon, I'm very disappointed about you.

Best yuro is Bundeswehr anyways
Could someone seriously give me an answer
>>
Every time this place goes /int/, it's the Canadians' fault. Every single time.
It's like they can't shut up about being fucking Canadian.
>>
>>25510956
>Russia
>motherland
More like FUCKING PIG DISGUSTING WHOREland.
Eh? Eh?
>>
>>25510966
Huh, now that I think about it, you're right.
Nice repeating digits at the end of your post number, fellow anonymous poster.
>>
>>25510696
What do you mean by ironic? And shipping OCs with background characters isn't too bad as long as your character isn't actually a Gary Stu, and anyone who gets worked up about background pony shipping isn't worth your time.
>>
File: quebecpone.png (345 KB, 1023x565) Image search: [Google]
quebecpone.png
345 KB, 1023x565
>>25510966
ARE YOU DENYING MON INDÉPENDANCE

JE SUIS UN CHRISTI DE QUÉBÉCOIS PAS UN OSTI DE CANADIEN DE MARDE

Si tu veux un Canadien, parle au Colombien Britannique basé.

>>25510996
Just a time to time non-serious reference.

>Shipping OCs with background pones

Except there's that whole group of "muh Lyrabon", "muh own OCBon" or "muh headcanon" somewhere that's going to read and downvote to hell.

Or I'm paranoid.
>>
>>25511026
You're way too paranoid.
>>
>>25511044
What do you want, that's what you get when growing up with bullies and a dysfunctional family.

I can barely even trust anyone I know or don't now.
>>
>>25511062
Boo hoo, Autismo. That's very sad and unique and you've suffered so many bad things that other people have certainly not lived through without being a little bitch about it.
>>
>>25511072
ikr right

I should probably stop shitposting now.
>>
>>25511085
Yeah, go back to writing your fics because I want to read it already jesus christ
>>
>>25511092
If it can cheer you up, I've got the main plot till the end all planned.

On the other hand I've hit the block yet again on Chapter 4.
>>
File: 783.jpg (109 KB, 680x880) Image search: [Google]
783.jpg
109 KB, 680x880
>dat season finale trailer
Looks like the NMM wins fanfics are about to get a big boost.

>>25501880
>written form is just terrible for comedy
For slapstick, absolutely. I'd say most "comedy" fics are a little inaccurate. Very seldom are there defined jokes with a setup, punchline, etc. Most of the time, they're just "lighthearted" plots intended to poke fun and get a smile more than an actual laugh.

And I love doing fanfic references in my stories, even if most of the thread hates them.

>>25506713
I'll never be able to look at those maces without thinking of pic related.

>>25508262
8/.10 concept. Would read.

Kind of torn by the grimdark twist. It's a pretty good twist, but if Discord's unaffected, he wouldn't have let it go on for dozens of loops.

There is that concern about it being a total waste of time for the reader. I know I wouldn't be terribly pleased with a non-resolution like that if I was reading it, especially with how good the concept is.

>>25508792
If you go the eldrich abomination angle, I'd recommend against a dark ending. Having a normal villain perhaps forget his own plan or be trapped in a world where he can never really win because everyone forgets would be cool, but one where an eternal eldrich abomination drags the whole planet down as food sticks out as a bit too much grimdark--especially since the reader will be totally oblivious to it until the ending kicks them in the groin.

>>25509204
>escaping Tartarus
How'd it get locked up in the first place? Altering memories is pretty OPed.

>>25510696
>as a "couple"?
Depends on the context and who's say it. If it's the omniscient narrator, then it needs to be clear to the reader that the narration's fucking around. If it's dialogue, it's easy.

>>25510966
>Quebecians
>shutting up
You ask the impossible.

>>25511026
You're paranoid. Most will downvote based on the synopsis or tags.
>>
>>25507671
its in my read folder but I didnt rate it and dont remember a damned thing about it

checked the pastebin-
You Do Not Belong
http://www.fimfiction.net/story/23095/you-do-not-belong

Ooh look, a human winds up in ponyland due to mysterious means. And hes a teenager. wearing glasses. and brings an ipod. and is kind of a dick. but only at first though. then he gets all friendship of magic-y. everyone loves him. then he grows to love everyone. then he grows a horn. guess where this is going. the end.

pros-
wasn't written by kickass222urmom
wasn't written by german google translate dude
protagonist didnt bang anyone

cons-
was written by 2dextreem (dunno who he is, its just a retarded as fuck username)
bland generic HiE that blends in with all of the other bland, generic HiEs
200k words

yeah I think id pass
>>
>>25509311
>I haven't read that ship in ages. Is it still popular?
Its no scratchtavia. By that I mean I dont recall any fics in which lyrabon was the focus of the story. they always seem to just be a background couple

>>25509315
dont get too excited. the false harmony thing is backed up against a necromancer trying to gain power to fight the alicorns during a natural disaster which is slowly destroying the world Its exactly as good as it sounds.
>>
>>25504664
I think it was meant to sound pedophilic. Of course, I had it established in my own writing that terms like Filly-Fooler and Colt-Cuddler were slurs, so the pedophilic undertones made sense. It's not that different from a lot of people's mindsets IRL
>>
>>25513343
>I think it was meant to sound pedophilic
No, a lot of people use (or used) it completely earnestly. I've seen it been treated as derogatory some times, but not always.
>>
>>25513359
Honestly, I can't stand the idea of those terms being used in an uninsulting way. It legitimately sounds like it could be taken the wrong way quite easily.
>>
>>25513368
Yeah, me neither. I honestly prefer it if it's not used at all, but I suppose it's passable if it doesn't get obnoxious.

The idea that gays or some gay community adopt originally insulting terms isn't entirely unthinkable, I know there's such a thing as the "Faggot Choir" over here, but the filly and colt words come across as so paedophilic that I can't really see it happen.

I'll stick to rag munchers and arse bandits in my stories.
>>
>>25513391
Well, speaking from experience, most of the homphobes I know seem to equate being gay with being a pedophile. So to me, converting that mentality to terms like Filly-Fooler or Colt-Cuddler isn't exactly too out-of-place.
>>
>>25513417
That does seem like the reasonable way to handle it.

Made up insults can range from amusing to absolutely painful, but it can add a lot of flavour to a story.
Almost makes me want to try something. If I wrote a story, let's just say it's a simple Slice of Life fic, and filled it with IRL slurs, people would probably get mad. Which is fine.
But if you did the same thing with just a ton of made-up slurs, it would pass just fine. Might even be fun.
>>
>>25513438
I totally agree.

I also had a detail in one of my stories where the Gryphon Kingdom had homophobic slurs of their own, like Feather-Fluffer and Egg-Snatcher (the latter was taken from another fic I read, but the first was my own idea).
>>
Even normal, middle aged people have boyfriends and girlfriends, which gee sounds pedophillic as well but manfriends and womanfriends sounds retarded

ponyland seems like the kind of place where gay still means happy and rump ranger is likely to be an official job somewhere so what would be an acceptable term for flaming asspirate in common pony parlance?
>>
>>25513461
>Even normal, middle aged people have boyfriends and girlfriends
Yeah, but it's not completely comparable.
Here in Humanland, the norm in English is to use boy/girl-friend for your significant other.
In Horseland, like with human languages, they don't use "juvenile+friend" for their significant other. And the word fillyfriend means childhood friend. So being an adult fillyfooler lies outside the linguistic norm, and comes across as kind of paedophilic.

I speak other languages than English, where we don't use a direct equivalent of boyfriend or girlfriend to refer to our partners. And if you as an adult called yourself something like a "girlfooler" translated literally (or a "boycuddler"), it would really, really not come off as good.

>what would be an acceptable term for flaming asspirate
I like asspirate.
>>
>>25513509
>asspirate
what does a donkey corsair have to do with deviant sexual behaviour?
>>
>>25513509
>I speak other languages than English, where we don't use a direct equivalent of boyfriend or girlfriend to refer to our partners. And if you as an adult called yourself something like a "girlfooler" translated literally (or a "boycuddler"), it would really, really not come off as good.

Which is exactly why I only use the term as a slur.
>>
>>25513529
Oh come on, we all know what goes on inside the hull of those deviant love boats. Do you really think any normal ass would leave his home and family to come live on a ship with only other men? Tight quarters, and tons of sweaty, burly asses everywhere? Releasing their corruption and sexual frustration in the form of seaborne banditry?
There's something inherently wrong about pirates, Anon.

>>25513530
>Which is exactly why I only use the term as a slur.
Which is the point I've been making for the last ten posts or so.
>>
Anons, anons on the board.

Who's the most autistic of the horde?
>>
File: coffee-spike-001.png (21 KB, 150x150) Image search: [Google]
coffee-spike-001.png
21 KB, 150x150
>>25513939
It's most likely a tie between the writer of Living the Dream, or the writer of Fall of Equestria.
>>
>>25513939
Thou, O Anon, art the spergiest of all.
>>
I passed out last night and slept for twelve horus straight.

>>25509567
>Whatever limitation you come up with, if possible you should drop hints so that attentive readers can find the loophole before Twilight does.
I always do this kind of thing, though I don't know if the readers will catch it. I spelled out the exact effects of a plague in the fic I'm currently writing, and nobody noticed.

>So does it know instantly which ponies to target? Or just a general area
You just gave me an idea. If the entity is as weak as I'm planning, maybe when it specifically focuses on a pony or group of ponies, it disregards everything else while it targets the memories pertaining itself. So Twilight could send an apparently inocuous letter to her old school, or some scholars in Canterlot that would indirectly trigger thoughts about the creature. Therefore, Twilight can keep her memories of that day because the entity was focused on the other group of ponies debating its existence. And I love writing guilty Twilight.

>Won't she have to go pretty far into "full investigative mode" just to find out about the thing and its powers?
Yes, but I was talking about a difference in scope. She can't spend a whole afternoon reading old tomes scouring for any reference to the entity. She'd have to do her research interspersed with research of other completely unrelated topics to sort of hide her tracks.

>>25511802
>if Discord's unaffected, he wouldn't have let it go on for dozens of loops.
The idea was that he doesn't notice because he's already bonkers to some degree.

> I know I wouldn't be terribly pleased with a non-resolution like that
I know... Maybe I could release it as a grim alternate ending after the fic is done.

>How'd it get locked up in the first place? Altering memories is pretty OPed.
I assume it got attacked by Celestia and Luna + elements head-on.
With aid of Star Swirl, for good measure.
>>
>>25514260
Famed is thy sperginess, Majesty. But hold, an autistic illiterate I see. Even his avatar cannot hide his mental disorder. Alas, she is more autistic than thee.
>>
>>25513391
I've seen Mare-Amorers or something like that used in a fic once because some ponies thought filly-foolers sounded inappropiate.
It was unclear if they referred to Colt-cuddlers as Stallion Socks.
>>
>>25502611
>mouthknuckles

Holy fuck, why have I never thought of that?
>>
>>25514498
While you're on that, may I suggest testicle maces?
>>
>>25514518
Don't forget the Vagina Mounted Ninja Star Launcher.
>>
>>25514518
That feels like dong gun territory.
>>
File: FFXIII-2_Chocolina.jpg (773 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
FFXIII-2_Chocolina.jpg
773 KB, 1280x720
>>25504338
>>Chocolina
>Sounds vaguely racist. Is the "merchant" actually Count Chocula?

She's the merchant from FFXIII-2 and 3. She's actually a Chocobo.

I assume that's what the fic author was going with.
>>
>>25514528
What's not to like about flinging your testicles around and smashing heads?
>>
>>25514635
depending on how they hang, could be a mace, could be a flail
>>
>>25514679
After careful consideration, I think I'm more of a maceman than a flailman.
>>
>Nightmare Star
>A thousand years and to a day past, Luna arrived to the Moon. But she wasn't the only one there. For eons, the worst half-lives have been sent to the Moon to repent, and few seldom returned. With the sting of revenge still fresh in her veins, she commandeers those of similar ilk and aim into creating a magically formed ship with which to sail back. And what ho, when they enter New Yoke harbor, they are greeted with nothing but murder calls. What else can they do but pillage and destroy?
>An excerpt from the history books and, more importantly, a legend to set the course of history itself, the ship Nightmare Star and its buccaneering crew.
>>
>>25514759
Holy shit, did someone make a prequel to Nightmare Star's Revenge?
>>
>>25514797
>you will never hear real pirates sing jolly tunes of torture and ale right off the coast of Calfadonia
>>
Give me fics to wank off to.
>>
>>25515301
http://www.fimfiction.net/story/195395/working-the-stall
http://www.fimfiction.net/story/234980/working-the-stall-double-shift
>>
How do you hide a chapter in Fimfic?
>>
>>25515722
You don't publish it.
>>
>>25515932
But seriously, like hiding an author's note
>>
>>25515941
You can't, unless you're the author.
>>
>>25516133
And if I am?
>>
>>25516162
I don't think I get what the problem is.
Do you mean hiding an additional chapter you published that contains author notes, or hiding that little blob of text at the end of a chapter?
>>
>>25516193
Can't find any example now, but it's when, instead of the "950 chapters hidden, click to show" stuff you have on The Chase, there's a small "1 chapter hidden, click to show" thingy in the top of the chapter list.

I'll try to find an example.
>>
>>25516236
that just means there was a new chapter posted somewhere in the mess of shit youve already read.

whoever it was added a chapter somewhere before the one youre on now
>>
>>25515311
As a gay guy, I have to admit that even I wanked to this a couple times. It's disturbingly good.

Although I wouldn't mind seeing a gay version of this, maybe with Braeburn or Spike
>>
>>25516540
As if spike would have any anonymity in a glory hole

>pointy teeth and a thin forked tongue working my shaft? Gee i wonder who that could possibly be
>>
>>25516579
>teeth
>working my shaft
r u 4 rl bro
>>
Bump before I forget
>>
File: 1390672346843.jpg (775 KB, 3046x3833) Image search: [Google]
1390672346843.jpg
775 KB, 3046x3833
>>25501691
Daily you all have a favorite fic' to recommend? I like everything
Haven't read anything in months and feel like firing up the old kindle again for another story.
>>
>>25517336
I remember that pic.

My all-time favourite fic updated last week after a ten month hiatus.

https://www.fimfiction.net/story/3513/keeping-it-simple

Still as wonderful as the first time I read it.
>>
>>25516579
So? I wouldn't say anything about it if he was good enough~
>>
>>25517336
https://www.fimfiction.net/story/47300/fallout-equestria---murky-number-seven
Great character development, interesting plot, insane emotional rollercoaster.
https://www.fimfiction.net/story/5841/jericho
Dark comedy/adventure, probably the only funny fic I've seen on fimfiction.
>>
>>25517336
https://www.fimfiction.net/story/6515/days-of-wasp-and-spider (incomplete)
https://www.fimfiction.net/story/73404/through-the-well-of-pirene (complete)
>>
el bumperino
>>
>>25518104
En pagìo siete?

Yo no pienso que està uno idea muy bueno.
>>
File: 1392798001412.png (4 KB, 206x237) Image search: [Google]
1392798001412.png
4 KB, 206x237
>>25518142
co o mnie kurwa powiedziałeś?
>>
>>25517416
>MNS
Mah nigga
>>
>>25518156
Qan kay uj waqati.
>>
File: Hobbes Indifferent Face.png (14 KB, 178x208) Image search: [Google]
Hobbes Indifferent Face.png
14 KB, 178x208
What's the weirdest ship you saw on Fimfiction that actually worked?
>>
>>25518189
http://www.fimfiction.net/story/84903/twice-as-bright

Also The Games We Play kinda applies, since it's Rainbow Dash x Mare Do Well.
>>
>>25518156

我不知道
自己 去 明白
>>
>>25518189
Pinklestia, probably.
https://www.fimfiction.net/story/84903/twice-as-bright
>>
File: 1357833427206.jpg (19 KB, 479x360) Image search: [Google]
1357833427206.jpg
19 KB, 479x360
>>25518187
>>25518224
jebane kebaby WYPIERDALAĆ
>>
>>25518261
>jebane kebaby WYPIERDALAĆ

中國沒有臟烤肉
>>
File: 1368324130976.png (211 KB, 798x449) Image search: [Google]
1368324130976.png
211 KB, 798x449
>>25518296
>中國沒有臟烤肉
jasne kurwa wiem że jesteś brudnym kebabem
wracaj do turcji
>>
>>25518314
>jasne kurwa wiem że jesteś brudnym kebabem
>wracaj do turcji

Eca, a mitta lambetya cendelesse orcova.
Istan quete ya merin, ar lá hanyuvatyen.
>>
ITT: dirty fucking foreign savages

>>25517446
>https://www.fimfiction.net/story/6515/days-of-wasp-and-spider (incomplete)
>https://www.fimfiction.net/story/73404/through-the-well-of-pirene (complete)
DoWaS is every bit as complete as pirene

anyone know if the pirene sequel any good?
>>
>>25518677
>Implying Autie the Qautistbecian isn't OP
>Imply me and based BC aren't actually controlling the thread
>>
File: kurwa mentalne ponyville.png (2 MB, 1072x1399) Image search: [Google]
kurwa mentalne ponyville.png
2 MB, 1072x1399
>>25518637
Sorry, dude, Google Translate thinks this is English and I have no clue what you're saying.
Remove kebab.

>>25518677
Whoa, hold up, there's a Pirene sequel?
>>
>>25518677
And on a related note, does anyone know why the sequel hasn't updated in a couple months? I was under the impression that he had already pre-written it.
>>
>>25518769
Apparently it's elve language.
>>
>>25518769
http://www.fimfiction.net/story/284980/pirenes-well-three-nights-in-manehattan

You're welcome, you Westron-speaking simpleton. The language is Quenya, aka Laewtil, the language of the deer from Besides the Will of Evil.
>>
>>25518815
like anyones read BtWoE
>>
>>25518815
Jetfire detected.
>>
>>25518815
>TtoP has a sequel
I cum
And I cum again
>>
>>25518869
This. Through the of Pirene is my favourite fic too.
:^)
>>
>>25518844
>>25518858
I actually haven't read BtWoE, I just had it on my Read Later list and saw Jetfire's blog post about naming his verse. The premise of the story doesn't really seem like my cup of tea, but if there actually is a bunch of Quenya in it I might give it a shot.
>>
>>25518930
>Quenya
sounds like a homo from nairobi
>>
>>25518677
>DoWaS is every bit as complete as pirene
No, in Pirene the story is actually over. DOWAS is every bit as complete as The Fellowship of the Ring.
>>
page 10 grope
>>
>>25516540
The author has written some gay stories as well.
>>
Does the rest of the fandom know that Sweet Apple Acres "cider" is probably apple juice or a barely fermented, low alcohol drink?
>>
>>25520856
Literally everyone knows that. Sometimes people just use that as an alcoholic beverage when they need it in their works.
>>
>>25520902
What else could be used as an easy substitute for alcohol?

Also, as a sidenote, I'd love to read about Big Mac or maybe a young Granny Smith accidentally discovering how to ferment apple cider.
>>
>>25518775
>I was under the impression that he had already pre-written it.
IIRC from his initial blog post, he was supposed to be working on an original novel, but had the idea for the sequel stuck in his head, so he just cranked out a chapter or two and posted them. I assume the rest of the chapters went sort of the same way
>>
>>25520926
Nothing supported by anything from the show, unless you want to get creative and do something from, like, the poison joke or something.

>Also, as a sidenote, I'd love to read about Big Mac or maybe a young Granny Smith accidentally discovering how to ferment apple cider.
Well the first few chapters of Diaries of a Madman had the main character teaching AJ how to make alcohol and then getting Rainbow Dash drunk.
>>
>>25520926

Back in season one, I remember some stories using salt based on Over a Barrel. You don't see that much anymore, though.
>>
>>25520986
Right, forgot about that one.
>>
>>25521000
And they wonder why water is so costly in the desert.

Or maybe it's like some irl zebras having to migrate to salty lakes to get their annual dose of salt.
>>
File: 45.jpg (22 KB, 226x255) Image search: [Google]
45.jpg
22 KB, 226x255
>>25501691
>Voiceguy hopefully losing all his autistbux in Vegas

Please, I'm smart enough to know when to stop.

Also, back from Vegas. I actually earned more than when I started. Thank you Blackjack machine.

In more relevant news, expect a drunk reading soon. But before that, Delicate Dick.
>>
>>25521069
Drugged reading when?

Stoned reading when?

Suicidal reading when?

Those are the ones I'm interested in.
>>
>>25521093
>Suicidal reading when?
Get helium and do a high pitched reading.
>>
>>25521096
Also this.
>>
File: rip darkshade.png (41 KB, 900x542) Image search: [Google]
rip darkshade.png
41 KB, 900x542
>>25521069
Hey Voicem8, you remember this?

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-EfP-9xQAI

Well congratulations, the author has become the new incarnation of SA Starla now.
>>
>>25521136
>Darkshade666
He deserves it.
>>
>>25521096
>>25521107
>helium
Try sulfur hexafluoride.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8B9rDZZaKs8
>>
>>25521093
>Drugged
Maybe

>Stoned
Virtually no difference

>Suicidal
I'll just do this>>25521096

>>25521136
YES

THIS GIVES ME LIFE.
>>
>>25521196
Basically just sell every single thing you own except for a shitty computer and a microphone and spend all that money to buy helium and sulfur hexafluoride to record readings for like 20 people.
We're counting on you, voicefag.
>>
>>25521197
>>25521224
Well there are many different drugs that affect you differently, so I'd say there is a difference.
>>
>midnight polaks post here
I'm not even surprised.
>>
>>25521262
>midnight polaks
Is that a thing?
It's 3:46 am here in UK, so I'm way past being a midnight polack.
Also apparently "polack" is considered an offensive word even though it's exactly the same as Polish "polak", what the fuck?
>>
>>25521303
This is 4chan, nobody gives a shit about which word is offensive until it's being used against them.
>>
>>25521330
Yeah, yeah, I don't care about being called a naughty word, I'm just curious why anybody would be offended by being called the same thing they call themselves in their own language.
>>
>>25521363
Because niggers are dumb.
>>
>>25521244
I mean there'd be no difference from a regular reading than a stoned one. Weed and wax don't affect me enough to make one.
>>
>>25521433
Get LSD, then.
>>
>>25521168
starla detected
>>
>>25521262
They spend the day cleaning actual shit, so this is the only time they have to shitpost.
>>
File: 1429543786487.jpg (39 KB, 529x557) Image search: [Google]
1429543786487.jpg
39 KB, 529x557
>>25521594
>implying I have a job
lol nah, I'm here to steal uk dollars
>>
File: AAGMasterCharchartV3.5.1.jpg (2 MB, 3515x2547) Image search: [Google]
AAGMasterCharchartV3.5.1.jpg
2 MB, 3515x2547
>>25506588
>kh&c, chapter 3

God damn, it's good getting back into AAG again. 7DSJ just doesn't have quite the same kind of crazy.

In this chapter: Derpy's in the hospital! Silversteel rushes down to Ponyville to visit her. Rarity of course drops everything and comes along, and for some reason so do the rest of Knights Elemental, Shining Armor, and Cadance. It seems like Derpy counts as Family, but I'm not sure why - obviously she's connected to Silversteel by virtue of being his ex-fiance and the (adoptive) mother of his sort-of children, but Rarity and Silversteel have only been dating for a month, which doesn't seem like the kind of connection that merits such a massive response.

Putting Rarity, Silversteel, and Derpy in the same room for a while means they get to work out their side of the love tetrahedron. This goes rather smoothly - luckily, Derpy has completely forgotten about the impassioned letter she sent to Silversteel begging him to come back to her, so there's no reason for him to feel conflicted or to wonder why he never received this letter in the first place (answer: because his crazy sister burned it undelivered).

So, why is Derpy in the hospital? It's because a mysterious pegasus broke into the post office and beat her within an inch of her life. Since Derpy is (apparently) Family, Twilight, Rarity, and Shining Armor all agree to abuse their authority as much as possible to track the attacker. This turns out to be easy, because he's already in jail. Tiger Lily had hired him to beat up Derpy, but refused to pay because he left too much evidence at the scene. They fought, she won, then she ran to the police to tell them about this random stallion who just dragged her into a dark alley. Hence, jail.

Finally, Golden Sun (Silversteel's sister) knows about the beating, but apparently still thinks it's best for Silversteel to be with this psycho, rather than go back to Derpy or stay with Rarity. Should be fun to see how that gets explained.
>>
>>25521363
tell that to niggers. Its their favorite goddamned word. until some non-nigger utters it. then they get all pissed off and burn their own homes down

>>25521965
>Knights Elemental
literally what

why would random retard pony being in the hospital warrant princesses, knights, and a royal guard to attend? isretardpony leader of some antiharmony task force, or of any importance to anything?

>Since Derpy is (apparently) Family, Twilight, Rarity, and Shining Armor
wait what? how exactly?
>>
>>25521965
>doesn't seem like the kind of connection that merits such a massive response.
Yeah, we all know that every problem in the AAG universe is met with an equal and reasonable response.
>>
>>25522121
>>Knights Elemental
>literally what
In AAGverse, the M6 are called the "Knights Elemental". Don't ask me where the hell that came from.

They're also all duchesses, for some reason, and their duchies are named after RL horse breeds. Shetland, Mustang, Andalusia, etc. The full info is here: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1bKDYVNtqOGhn4_ms5cRPvWlfAp2mbe4gA4JdBi3qnbw/edit

>why would random retard pony being in the hospital warrant princesses, knights, and a royal guard to attend?
Good question. Since this is AAG, I assume they consider Derpy to be a family member of some kind. (AAG is just full of characters doing unbelievably stupid shit for the sake of family. Plus the M6 + princesses are all "Sisters Royal", so about half the cast of the series are family members to each other.)

>isretardpony leader of some antiharmony task force, or of any importance to anything?
Apparently she did some minor world-saving in Appleoosa a while back (I assume this is the story of the other AAG prequel). But like I said, her only connection to the M6 is by being Rarity's boyfriend's ex-fiance, and Rarity's only been dating this guy for a month. Seems pretty tenuous to me, but who knows.
>>
>>25522275
>who knows
Family knows best, Anon.
>>
>>25522318
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZd_YyFzPD0

Everyone is family. except the ones who arent apparently
>>
>>25513509
>they don't use "juvenile+friend" for their significant other
There's never been a canon non-married relationship before, so of course they haven't used the term.

"Girlfriend" was used once in Hearts and Hooves Day, but it was in the same song as a stallion in a giant jar of jelly, so whether it actually happened is debatable.

Since canon's unclear on the terms, you headcanon your own. "Fillyfooler" and "coltcuddler" have that alliteration thing going on, which is why they've stuck so well. I don't mind if they're used--either as genuine terms or as slurs.

>>25513939
The /sp/ anon who wrote the Philmarilion.

>>25516236
Oh, that's a Fimfic coding thing that hides chapters after a certain point so that you don't have to scroll past 500 chapters to get to the comments. To my knowledge, there's no way to enable or disable it.

>>25518189
Bloomberg x Tom (http://www.fimfiction.net/story/44765/taken-for-granite).

>>25520856
As someone who lives five miles away from a cider mill, I'm well aware. Fresh cider is also not apple juice (it's unfiltered and unpasteurized) and is several orders of magnitude better than that juice box-tier shit. It can also get fairly frothy when well shaken.

>>25520926
>as an easy substitute for alcohol
Canon uses salt.
>>
>>25523569
>The /sp/ anon who wrote the Philmarilion.
I would argue that the collective amount of people who debated whether or not Twilight dyed her mane in that one scene would beat him...
>>
>>25521965
Why do people invent family trees with FlutterMac or Dislestia when FLutterCord is obviously an end game?
>>
>>25523821
Because FlutterCord is a bad ship that you should feel bad about liking.
>>
>>25521965
SWEET FUCKING JESUS THAT PICTURE
>>
>>25522275
>Shetland

At least this describes the fic correctly.
>>
>>25523569
>so of course they haven't used the term.
Hearts and Hooves day uses the term "(very) special somepony" a lot.
>>
>>25524540
My new favorite bit of that diagram, which I just noticed while going through KH&C chapter 3, is the dark blue and light blue lines for Hazy Jane (top-center, below Ditzy, gray with pink hair). Dark blue is for half-siblings and light blue is for cousins, but in Hazy Jane's case they both point to (mostly) the same ponies, Ditzy's five other kids (in a row at the top).

So, how does that work? Well, there was a section on this in some AAG side story. Apparently Autumn Mist, who's married to Ditzy, cheated on her with Derpy. Derpy got pregnant and had Hazy Jane. But instead of raising Hazy Jane herself, Derpy let Ditzy adopt her and raise her as her own. Hazy Jane grows up thinking she's just another of Ditzy and Autumn's children, when in fact she is both their half-sister (all six are in fact Autumn Mist's children) and their cousin (her mother, Derpy, and their mother, Ditzy, are sisters).
>>
>>25525725
This reads like a bad soap opera...
>>
>>25526202
because it is
>>
>>25525725
That's amazing. It took me a couple read-throughs to figure out what that second paragraph meant.
>>
>>25525725
>married to Ditzy, cheated on her with Derpy
Stopped reading right there.

Then continued reading and stopped reading at the very end.

What a shitty fucking fic.
>>
>>25526242
Yeah, it took me a while (and several consultations of that crazy diagram) to figure out what the fuck was going on when I first read that chapter. (Specifically, this was the side story chapter where Hazy Jane finds out she's adopted, at age like 25 or something.) It didn't help that literally none of these characters had been relevant to the story at all up to that point.

>>25526202
>>25526221
It really is.

Here's a bit more: The reason I was looking at the diagram in the first place was to figure out who all these random ponies are that just showed up at Derpy's house (in KH&C chapter 3). They are, of course, Autumn (Derpy's brother-in-law) and all the kids. Apparently Ditzy (Derpy's sister) is a raging fucking psychopath and all-around horrible pony to everyone, including her husband and children. Autumn shows up at Derpy's in this chapter because he needs somewhere safe for him and the kids to stay after his and Ditzy's latest fight.

Damn, it's confusing having Ditzy and Derpy be two separate characters
>>
Emergency bump.
>>
I have a challenge for you.
Write a story about https://derpibooru.org/837947
>>
>>25527615
Bleedin, come up! We got a new crackfic idea!
>>
>https://derpibooru.org/tags/rarajack

Literally two days after.

Two. Fucking Days.

And RaruhJack is already hitting Booru.

I honestly thought it would be way earlier than that
>>
>>25527615
I just love his ears. You can see his whole emotional state in their inclination
>"Holy fu-"
>*Fart*
>>
How do you think readers would react if I reject an episode's newly introduced canon on purpose to not disturb my story's plot?
>>
>>25528111
I think people are generally understanding if a story doesn't include canon beyond the point the first chapter was published. You can put a little author's note explaining that you planned your story out before the episode airs and couldn't reconcile it and you should be fine.
>>
>>25528111
Just do it, no one will give a fuck. You'll get some arguing in the comments about wether or not it's an AU, but only that.
>>
>>25528111

Is it an incomplete story of which you've already published multiple chapters? Then it's fine, though you might want to throw a "written before such-and-such episode" in an author's note for new readers.

Is it a story you've started working on, but haven't published any of yet? Then quit being such a baby, and just rework that shit.
>>
>>25528142
And if the entire plot it planned, the story's first few chapters are done and that including the canon would probably mean a major change in the story's plot?
>>
>>25528142
>and just rework that shit.
I wouldn't advise this as a must-do. I started writing something about the CMC when they are at their twenties and quite a lot of what is written (And will be written) hinges on them having the marks I gave them. Hell, them having a private and a public side is one of the cores of the plot, as is realizing what is that your mark truly means at a personal level.
>>
>>25528172
Just slap an AU tag and say that it was written before X episode.
>>
>>25528208
Or, DON'T slap an AU tag on it and instead just say that it was written before X episode.
>>
>>25528111
Just put some note at the end of the description about being written before the relevant episode.
>>
File: MNDlgbF.png (342 KB, 808x546) Image search: [Google]
MNDlgbF.png
342 KB, 808x546
>Be good idea
>Be coming down nerve
>Be blocked by crack fic filter

How can I get out of his head?
>>
>>25529399
Write it.
>>
>>25529434
But my host's brain won't let me go through.

Crack fic ideas get through very well though.
>>
>>25529523
Kill your host brain, become poltergeist.
Write crackfics as a poltergeist.
>>
>>25529537
cant get any worse.

go for it
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 65

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.