[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Elona
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /jp/ - Otaku Culture

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 52
Elona+ Custom 1.55 General Information (for newer players): http://pastebin.com/Zcavai8x

Elona+ Custom 1.55 Mods: http://pastebin.com/vZ8Hfw6C

Previous thread: >>14920462

Post pets!
>>
File: cat god not catgod.png (546 KB, 673x376) Image search: [Google]
cat god not catgod.png
546 KB, 673x376
Okay.
>>
>>14946619
She's no joke. Oh wow.
>>
File: seiba orutanatibu.png (506 KB, 654x361) Image search: [Google]
seiba orutanatibu.png
506 KB, 654x361
>>14946635
It's not the standard Sinaha, though. Of course she got slapped with the god penalty so it took herbs and grinding to get up to here.

Meanwhile, I can't figure out how to get my two-hander anywhere close to par with Sinaha in terms of damage. Maybe I need to get a 999.99 stone piledriver and permacrit somehow.
>>
>>14946746
How the hell do you have a female murder knight?
>>
>>14946752
Fed her the forbidden meat from the main quest.
>>
File: Her actual class is warrior.png (587 KB, 698x395) Image search: [Google]
Her actual class is warrior.png
587 KB, 698x395
>Post pets!
Sure. This is the little girl I started the game with after a lot of adventuring.
>>
Ok, so for that anon in the last thread who wanted to know what level of monsters he'd have to beat to get a monster part that can make a dead eyes dragon hoooo run on sentence:

http://elona.wikia.com/wiki/Coffin_of_Necromancy

Fresh off the press.

Yacatect is not a monster!
>>
>>14946836
That's some pretty nice stats for level 100 pet. Do you feed her herbed food daily?
>>
What kind of tactics logic can I use to get my pet to pop provokes without spamming it?
>>
I'm about to start playing again for the first time in a long time. Any beginner's tips? (I know to get the little girl for my pet due to equip slots) I have no idea how the food benefits work besides that corpses sell for a lot.

If you could also use the time to post any "remastered" or "revised" sprite sheets for the characters or items I'd really appreciate it.
>>
>>14947423
Yeah, I feed her herbed curarias every chance I get.
>>
>>14947480
Just feed your little girl whatever / whenever you can. Food for pets is a bit of a luxury at the start.

Get gardening early and start a vegetable farm for some easy free food and to raise your skill levels for when you get enough resources to spam herb farming.

Start a chicken ranch for eggs. Hoard eggs and bread items from the baker (get / steal a bread rack to store these in your house) for eventually making picnic baskets.
>>
File: Untitled.png (577 KB, 695x393) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
577 KB, 695x393
Not gonna pretend like I actually know what I'm doing in the game but I'm having fun.
>>
>>14947855
No. That's not allowed. Please figure out what you're doing, or stop having fun. This is Elona.
>>
File: untitled.png (734 KB, 585x735) Image search: [Google]
untitled.png
734 KB, 585x735
Thalia is really cute!
>>
>>14948277
You bastard.
>>
>>14948277
Time to astral light pen Irma and make her your wife.

Then sell her.
>>
The fuck is gasoline ? Is that like oil ?
>>
>>14947369
I'm pretty sure the threshold for Dragon Zombies is closer to level ~90 or so. Thank you though, deeply. I'll collect more monsters and add to the wiki as well.
>>
>>14947476
IF target buff != fury = provoke.

Or maybe if player HP <50% & Self > 60% = Provoke
>>
>>14948338
Drink it. It doesn't cause abortions btw.

>>14947480
Check the mod pastebin.
>>
File: 98327593275923.jpg (314 KB, 692x392) Image search: [Google]
98327593275923.jpg
314 KB, 692x392
Only started a few days ago after seeing these threads a few times too many on /jp/, decided to create a goblin predator.

I only have one pet blade alpha but he's shit so take my character sheet instead. How am I doing?
>>
>>14949044
You're a criminal scum !
>>
>>14949044
You're probably doing fine. Levels don't really matter though since there's a lot of variance for player power even at early levels.
>>
>>14949093
s-sorry, I'm still working off the karma penalty for nuking Palmina

How do I improve my attribute potentials more effectively? Sleep and the one trainer visiting my house aren't doing much at all, and potential potions are rare and expensive.
>>
>>14949113
Potions of potential. Bless them before quaffing. Pick a build that you want to play and spend your platinum only on those skills.

PotPots become quite common when you invest heavily in magic vendors so go do that.
>>
>>14949044
For your first char don't worry too much.

decent melee stats
get a pet with cooking and sleep at night to keep potentials up
if you want your char to dual wield pick up riding and buy the best horse in yowin for more speed
god weapons are pretty fucking op, keep grinding them

more on attributes potential: potion of potential (magic shop lvl ~100), breakfast, picnic basket (pot for fusion), herbed food (pot again) and guild trainer.
>>
>>14948804
Well yeah, the numbers are a rough guideline. It doesn't account for the rarity multiplier. If you had a mimic skin (rarity 5, level 30), that would be worth 5400, enough to create a dragon zombie.

I glanced through the bestiary, and I don't see any rarity 1 monster below level 50, so I guess a level 51 gold bell is just about as low as you can go if you want a blood dragon.
>>
>>14949612
Where can you find rarity?
>>
>>14949800
In the code. It's not on the wiki yet.
>>
I've been considering using a Philospher's stone mask to change her race but I'm not sure what to.

At the moment I'm kind of stuck between Toy, Stuffed toy, doll and Golem.

Toy and Golem are kind of the most appropriate but I feel like Golem could be kind of misleading and Toy is a bit bland. Golems are appropriate due to the fact that in other stories that's the name for magically created/enhanced non-living creatures.

Also if I could get some help finding some teddy bear portraits that would be nice too.
>>
Is there a way to create a custom race? With racial traits and all. Say I wanna make a naga/lamia character so no leg slots but traits to make up for it.
>>
>>14949835
Not on plus, I think. Pretty sure you can do that on omake though.
>>
>>14949044

Do player predators still get the same +10% speed bonus that NPC predator-class mobs do?
>>
+10% base speed at time of generation, yes.
>>
File: 188px-Trickster.png (68 KB, 188x250) Image search: [Google]
188px-Trickster.png
68 KB, 188x250
>>14949832
>>
>>14950513
>+10% base speed at time of generation

Wow it's nothing
>>
>>14950654
Oh my god.

>>14950667
I think, hope, it scales with current speed. Like if you generated with 30 speed you'd get speed but if over time you gained 270 more, base, you'd have 330.

There's also that +10% critical rate boost, if not. Even if both amount to nothing let's not forget that no class feat is worth anything past hour ~10 in E+.
>>
>>14950696

> Like if you generated with 30 speed you'd get speed

You'd get three speed*
>>
Has anyone ever been in a situation where your screen rumbles and you get the message: 'You're all alone'?
>>
>>14950764
Wrong Silent Ocean flavor text.
>An expanse of ocean and fog spreads out.
Is what it should say.
>>
>>14950771
I'm in the void.
>>
>>14950773
?

It's a special action that some enemies (especially seamonsters) like the flower coral have.
>>
>>14950781
Ah I thought you had to be in the Silent Ocean to get that. Only slightly less freaked out by the rumbling than that time I ate a fortune cookie and was told my save file had been corrupted.

Couple hundred down the drain is not a fun prospect desu.
>>
>>14950792
You just need to be on the same map.

And that reminds me, I have to back up my save.
>>
>>14950801
I just backed up and saved everything to both google drive and Dropbox; You think it's overkill but just wait until your computer breaks down and you're thanking god you even had a file on the cloud, even if it was months outdated.
>>
Even if it was a bad idea, would it, just in theory, be possible to store all the little sisters in the dojo or a ranch or somewhere and then systemically butcher them once you have a hundred or however many you want?

And I only just realized Pierce only effects the dice roll part.
>>
>>14950916
I don't know if they'd re-spawn though. Try it.
>>
>>14950696
>no class feat is worth anything
Warmage wanna have a word with ya.
>>
>>14950916
Pretty sure you don't get corpse drops from little sisters that you've recruited as allies... unless that's changed recently.
>>
>>14950920
Not that anon, but I think the Warmage class trait is overrated. If you level up your spells and casting enough you should be fine. At high enough levels, If you carry say a staff and a claw such as the Otogiri, you can get a casting success chance of 92% with the other classes. I'm completely comfortable with this. If you choose to dual wield, your casting chance will be 86%. Even that is a decent success rate but you may need some time to get used to it.

Not to take away from the Warmage class though. I like that class a lot but mainly because of the beginning starting skills and the attribute spread that allows hybrid play, if that's your thing, right at the start. The 5% additional casting success is helpful, but in no way do I see that, or any class's trait for that matter, as huge game changers. They just give you a bit of help in doing what it is that you probably like doing at the start of the game or surviving certain things at the start of the game.
>>
>>14951140
Percentages are based on a character in the medium armor weight category.
>>
Speaking about mob farming...

I know you can abuse the Younger Sister's Mansion by introducing aliens, to create a non-stop war where little sisters keep spawning en masse to defend and aliens keep spawning from the little sisters they pregger up.

Are there any other areas where you can take advantage of summoning reinforcements to use aliens to butcher NPCs en masse and farm the loot that gets left behind?
>>
>>14951322
Palmia? Noyel?
>>
File: pets.jpg (2 MB, 1826x3005) Image search: [Google]
pets.jpg
2 MB, 1826x3005
>>14946534

My definite party list. First three pets are Valkyrie, Exile, and Pro Jet which I've trained to very high levels of power. My little girl is now much older but I like to think the pic is what she looked like when she was younger. My Exile is female so I had to find a three eyed mage pic. Modeled my Pro-Jet to be a Miko swordswoman.

Chose to go with a little girl which I later evolved into a Valkyrie. This was my very first pet and is the strongest of the group. Went with her first because, imo, she's one of the best pets to begin learning how to raise pets with. I had a relatively easy time training her and affording her trainer expenses. She is a welcome addition to the party because of her cheer ability and she's the two hand wielder of my group.

The Exile is a god pet and I went with her because the god pets(generally all of them or certainly 3/4 of them) are also good choices for pet raising beginners. I specifically chose the Exile because I wanted experience in raising a spell casting pet. The Exile puts out good range damage and against enemies that have shoddy resists, kills everything before other party members get to them. Against enemies with lots of resists, she softens them up well for my melee pets to finish the job. Exile is a good spell casting pet as it multicasts in one turn dart like spells, has AOE when evolved, and its darkness spells has a chance to blind enemies.

My Miko swordswoman is Pro-Jet and I went with her because she's of the Metal race. She has 90% damage resistance making her a potentially awesome tank. She's also currently my dual wielder of the team. I gene engineered her to have a regular human body so she's a vanilla dual wielder with only two hands. Pro-Jet is a hard pet to raise so I wouldn't recommend this pet to people that aren't far enough in the game. Stick with the starting pets, god pets, or pets in that range of power.

After I'm done training my Miko swordswoman I intend to train the monster called performaid bitchiack. Or just the bitch monster. Fitting for a monster that can cause players much grief but since it can cause grief I would think it would be a good pet. This will be another caster pet but it has a lot of special abilities too such as the dreaded MP breath, brainwashing, bewitch, provoke, and magic kiss.

Lastly, for definite pets I will train, I have the Shoggoth. I wanted a pet that would like me try out a dual wielder with 4 hands or how many I can get and a slime like creature is easy for me to imagine doing this aside from Asuras. Went with a Shoggoth instead of lower level oozes for the challenge in training.
>>
>>14951402
Write a .talk file at some point. I think you'll appreciate the extra personality. Think about who they are as characters and how they might relate to Kai and then..write. It's not hard and each %txt conditional can have as many, er, phrases as you like.
>>
>>14951430
Is there a guide to creating/modifying talk.txt somewhere? Preferably in english, but any will do.
>>
>>14951484
/user/talk/sample.txt

It's a template. Open it in Notepad++.
>>
>>14951491
Is it the one you modify? Then why is there another .txt with unreadable name in the same folder?
>>
>>14951507
You can make a .txt file of any name and as long as it's in the /talk/ folder and it's format is similar to sample.txt it should work fine. I assume the other folder is a readme or something. Idk.
>>
>>14951513
Oki, thank you. Btw is there a way to restrict phrases to special NPCs?
>>
>>14951532
I believe you need to assign the talk files to NPCs individually, so there's not really any worry about others using it.
>>
>>14951532
Two threads ago we had a short discussion about .txt files. Warosu should have it.
>>
>>14951551
Found it, thanks.
>>
So real quick: A monster outside the void that is level 61 would make a Doll and on floors 1-49 of the void it's parts would make a dragon zombie. This correct? What about if it was killed on the floors 100-150? Would it make a D-EBD?
>>
>>14951595
Yes and yes. But you don't need to go to F101 for that. F51-100 should be enough.

V = [2(50) + 2(61)] * 40 + 600 = 9480 > 7000
>>
>>14951659
Fantastiche. Btw I killed a cucumber horse on floor 100 and only got a Dragon Zombie. I'm only slightly troubled because the AP here is fantastic.
>>
Hmm? That's weird. Maybe the void formula is wrong then. Lemme go check around.
>>
>>14951668
Ok, the void formula has changed in E+. It's (Level + 50) levels only up to F200, then on F201 it jumps to 5 * (Level + 50). Wtf.
>>
>>14951704
So there's no point in me being at B:106? Is it just my imagination then for why I'm getting more AP?
>>
>>14951704
>then on F201 it jumps to 5 * (Level + 50)
That's one hell of a jump, jesus christ.
>>
>>14951715
Going further down will introduce higher level monsters, and those will also have the +50 modifier on top of their higher stats.

I'm seeing conflicting information about chaos mimics spawning on the 1st floor of the void though, and I'm wondering if I should just edit that part away.

>>14951718
It jumps to 9 * (Level + 50) at F401!
>>
>>14951739
Jumps to 18 * (Level + 50) at F501!!

Watch out Kai!

>>14951739
This place is great for pets. Gonna be a bitch to walk from B1 -> 60 when I'm alone though. I could never solo this area. Down further we go.
>>
>>14951752
Doesn't return take you to the lowest Void level you've been to?
>>
>>14951755
That's the problem.
>>
>>14951752
It's every 200 floors. And the monster difficulty does reset, so you'll see only putits and kobolds (albeit at level 250) on F201.
>>
File: Thank you god.png (383 KB, 1286x745) Image search: [Google]
Thank you god.png
383 KB, 1286x745
I save-scummed for the bell's eye. Not ashamed to say it.
>>
Hey anons, I've notice on this thread there isn't a whole lot of discussion about riding and mounts.

Do you guys use mounts/riding to great effect, or is it generally more effective to just keep the extra pet as a regular combatant?
>>
>>14951800
I used Pascal for a while, I imagine you could use other mounts to great effect in the early game. Reason I didn't was due to CHR limits, though I never suffered for it. Once you get access to AP, however, you'll be faster than anything you care to ride.
>>
>>14951800
last time i tried riding, at 2k strength, riding and speed for both char and pet you cap at 1800 speed.
its still very good until you can farm speed tho
>>
It's so hard to not try to teach your pets every skill you have. They can't even use all fifteen in many cases, damn it...
>>
>>14951854
Most skills do have some function on pets now (at least with (elona+custom). Even resource gathering ones will let them gift you resources occasionally. So don't worry too much about it.
>>
>>14951989
The resource ones are especially nice since they can get you significant quantities of the "rare" materials for some things like Sap of Yggdrasil.
>>
>>14951989
No I meant the custom AI one. I want to teach my pet MP Breath, Shining Wave and all the rest but she also needs room for buffs and shadow-step. Heals too! At least the labor can be divided evenly.

So the best way to teach buffs is turning off shadow step and setting if self != buff = buff to the top, right?

What does the 'Be quiet' option in the AI configuration window do?
>>
Is there a difference between the +1 bonuses from weapon vendor enhancements and scrolls of weapon/armor enchant? Or does the game effectively consider them identical, only differing in cost/origin?
>>
>>14952023
They do the same thing, but scrolls only go up to +4 (+5 blessed.)
>>
The RPG Music Compilation Pack is down and I need to replace the godawful vanilla dungeon music. What music do you guys use, if any?
>>
>>14952055
I listen to Spotify, but some other Anon made a DarkSouls pack. There are also some others on the Uploader, I believe.
>>
>>14952060
The Dark Souls pack is for sounds (as in SFX), I believe. I just leave dempa music on while I play Elona.
>>
Does anyone familiar with the way spells scaling works as they level up, if basic healing spells have a better mana-to-HP efficiency, or if the more advanced ones do?

And at higher spell levels, does the per-cast healing gap between basic and advance healing spells increase or decrease?
>>
>>14952055
I use Wild Arms pack, and some random mp3s for Lost Irva.
>>
>>14952055
i carry around a bunch of discs
>>
>>14952114
The better healing spells are much more efficient.
With 196 Will:
Level 262 Healing Touch heals for 10d154+267, costs 188 MP. If it heals for the max possible amount, it'll heal for 1807 HP.
Level 151 Cure of Jua heals for 24d228+780, costs 414 MP. If it heals for the max possible amount, it'll heal for 6252 HP.
Level 262 Cure of Jua heals for 24d387+1335, costs 666 MP. If it heals for the max possible amount, it'll heal for 10624 HP.
>>
File: pets2.jpg (1 MB, 1856x2010) Image search: [Google]
pets2.jpg
1 MB, 1856x2010
>>14951430
I should definitely look into this. Thanks for reminding me of this feature.

>>14951752
I was always wondering why the enemies were getting harder faster. This explains it. Thanks for the heads up on that.

I've been on floor 560 of the void since forever. Not because I can't push further, but because my pets and I are still getting AP from that floor and the floors above(floor 559, 558, etc). Floor 560 used to be insanely hard but after grinding that floor and the ones above they're relatively safe floors for me to train on.

Typical grind session has me casting return and selecting the void which warps me to the hardest cleared floor I was on. I then proceed to go up instead of down all the while grinding my spells and having my pets pick off weakened enemies for AP. For a weak pet or a pet I'm just starting to train I start from void floor one and proceed down until I find the floors that start giving them AP which it sounds like you and others are doing. So its pretty much either going down or up in floors in the void until you find the sweet spot for AP gains.

As you really carve out the void and establish a huge span of floors that your character can easily survive in, farming AP for pets becomes relatively easy and systematic allowing you to pretty much take any pet and make them powerful. Especially if you do the AP to bonus skill points thing. The single biggest hurdle for pets training down in the void imo is speed. Once they have enough it gets a whole lot smoother. Since they're moving faster tagging isn't nearly as painful if you have to do it and also, once their speed is high enough they should be surviving more. Eventually they can just run around by themselves with only the need of maybe a heal every now and then.
>>
>>14952243
Do you have pets farm AP by having them kill stuff or by tagging them and killing stuff for them?
>>
>>14952243
I was shitposting.

>It jumps to 9 * (Level + 50) at F401!

Is the true value.
>>
>>14951402
>>14952243
Apparently my copy pasta didn't work. To explain the picture. Other pets I'm considering is a Nymph and Elea warrior. Aside from the goose god pet the Nymph evolved gets the platinum song which is the sister buff to cheer. I want to get into making a custom AI for a pet and to do this I'm thinking of going with another classic party member/anime trope. Some sort of elf or mimi girl. Might go with the dog sister/wolf sister. Both should be relatively easy to train up and allow me to have fun with the AI system. The fire dragon child has a ton of evolutions and the final one looks awesome. If someone wanted a pet that can take a ton of punishment and isn't far enough in the game to properly take advantage of metal race pets, the android or the fire dragon child is the way to go. The fire dragon child has 220 life so the amount of HP it can get should be nice. So many pets to choose from and now there are hidden evolution lines. At least, lines that haven't been put in the wiki yet. Like one of the comment section said that there is an angel evolution line to get a rogue angel.
>>
>>14952260
>Like one of the comment section said that there is an angel evolution line to get a rogue angel.

Nani?!
>>
>>14952232
Thanks for the info.

Any thoughts on healing hands, healing rain, and other assist spells? Worth levelling, or should I focus on the more powerful self-heal spells and leave support to pets?
>>
File: 2016-03-20_224319.png (8 KB, 429x358) Image search: [Google]
2016-03-20_224319.png
8 KB, 429x358
>>14952055
My music consist mostly of Cnoc mixed in with random 90s jrpg music that I just had lying around.
>>
>>14952299
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1p3S16qPZFSdZdQoVF8hjsZf7ovS6H-cpjmSaH2qZn6I/edit?pli=1#gid=1834479386

Its a bit old but i don't think spells changed much
>>
>>14952249
For the Exile and my Pro-Jet, both started off with me spoon feeding them. They did all their training in the void. The starting was hard. I had to start from void floor one and keep going down. Every 10 floors I'd bring out my pet, tag it to me and start killing things. If it got AP I'd take my time and kill everything on the floor and the following floors. If it didn't get AP, it was just a speedrun down floors checking at various intervals whether AP was being gained with a pet tagged to me. Eventually you'll find the sweet spot for AP and you'll want to remember the floor or floors where this happened. Then you make a decision on how to get to that floor quickly. Either through using return and going up stairs or starting from floor one and going down.

The tagging system of getting AP is insanely slow for getting AP but I view it as a temporary necessity. The initial farming for 2000 AP is painful but after that it just gets easier and easier to rack up that 2000. First thing I bought with the 2000 AP is speed. All of it into speed. I'd keep racking up the AP and shoving it into speed until 800 speed and outside of training sessions I fed them herbs specifically currarias.

Not only was that boosting their attributes but every now and then it would boost their speed too. After getting 800 speed with AP all the rest of my AP went into boosting damaging skills with AP to bonus skill points. So for the Exile it was raising casting and for Akeno it was tactics. After several cycles of herb diet, AP farming, and skill boosting they were both able to walk on their own and tagging was no longer needed. Now they kill things in the void by themselves and the AP just rains for them. So the beginning is rough but it does get easier as you chip away at the core things that make the pet strong. (Speed, Attributes, and Damage skills).

I realize that this method might not work for others due to where they are in the game or other factors but that's how I'm currently doing it until I find an easier way to do it. I tried using knockout(feat ability) instead of tagging on the higher floors but since my pets were so weak starting out they couldn't even hit or do damage to them. Pretty much I had to weigh the amount of time I was spending knocking enemies out to just simply tagging and I found it was just a whole lot faster and less stressful to just tag. There still may be situations where knockout is favorable though depending on again where you are in the game and what you're trying to do.
>>
>>14952299
Healing Hands and Healing Rain are useful early/midgame, when your heals can actually keep up with your pet's health. After you start raising really strong pets, your casts won't be enough to heal for a decent amount.
Whenever Healing Hands/Rain starts to fall off, start relying on the better self-healing spells more and just let your pets keep theirselves alive.
>>
>>14952287
It's one of the comments in the pet evolution page on the wiki
>>
>>14946534
Guys how do i use elona snack? i have read the read me but still doesnt work the files dont load.
>>
>>14952785
Open elosnack.jar.
Hit "open configuration" and target the .snack file it comes with.
Hit "open target" and select the FOLDER of your save, which should be named sav_Name.
Use with caution.
>>
>>14952813
Nothing happens after i do that.
>>
>>14952960
A bunch of windows should pop up in the window after you select the save folder and hit Open.
If they don't you're either screwing up one of the above steps or you have a fucky version of Java.
>>
What %txtEXAct and %txtEXReact in talk.txt stands for? Google translate gives a gibberish mess out of description.
>>
Just started a new game a little while ago with Opatos as my god. I've been saving most of my ores for my pets instead of the altar, so I haven't even gotten his god pet yet, and I'm now at the Jure fest in Noyel. Should I ditch Opatos for free? I want that bodypillow.
>>
>>14953245
Do it then switch back to Opatos if you want. You get a 2000 turn debuff but whatever.
>>
>>14953245
Jure needs ore too, if you want to level her instead. But you shouldn't have problem with it anyway, since you should offer junk stones to gods and save actual ores for pets.
>>
I did some testing on respawn and restock, not sure where this should go on the wiki so here you go:

NPCs takes 2 days to respawn (except adventurers) from the moment they are killed.
Towns reset in 5 days (except safes), no idea when the count starts.

Vendors merchandise restock after 2 days counting from the moment you talk to them.
Traders (cargo) restock after 7 days counting from the moment you talk to them.
If vendor/trader gold is less than base gold (increase with shop rank), restock in 2 days.

Vendors/traders respawn with the same gold & impress if you kill them.
Traders will respawn with the same merchandise if they respawn before the 7 days.
>>
>>14953316
>Vendors merchandise restock after 2 days counting from the moment you talk to them.
Does that reset if you talk to them before they restock?
>>
>>14953350
Lets say you haven't been in kapul for 10 days, you enter the town, talk to the innkeeper, even without opening the shop the merchandises are generated and the 2 days timer begins.
You can talk to the merchant as much as you want it wont change anything.
>>
>>14953423
Yeah, but let's say I last talked to a vendor one day ago.
I enter town and talk to them. Obviously the stock will not be reset yet, but will I have to wait one more day for a restock, or will I have to wait another two days?
>>
>>14953435
1 day
>>
A question: which would more likely to kill an over-encumbered player often: the one lifting an altar/well/a couple of chests, or the one holding 200 various items? Assuming that weight the two are carrying is just close to being immobile.
>>
>>14953660
Are asking which one would kill an overweight player if they tried to carry them wherever? Well, you can't steal wells so that's out of the question already. If the weights are equal then well, the weights are equal. I don't believe the "Your backpack is squashing you" messages are based on /what/ it is you're carrying so much as how heavy it is. Amount of turns passed too.
>>
>>14952785
Hope you're trying to fix something and even then I hope you've exhausted every legitimate way of doing it before relying on that program. Elonasnack is a good way to fuck over your character if you don't know what you're doing. A single change can have devastating consequences if you aren't careful with your input or know what you're changing. I totally fucked over my characters INI to the point where I can't get anymore AP as well as having fucked up stats that either were correct values or completely off. Had to redo my file all over again and have sworn off never to touch the program again. If you're using it for cheating. Well to quote an anon from a previous thread. You're lower than Lomias.
>>
>>14953674
I may be completely wrong about this, but I had always assumed that the individual weight of any item you carry governs the amount of damage you receive when the backpack squashing is triggered, while the number of different items you are carrying governs how often it's triggered. i.e. You are overburdened by a chest and the cloth robe you are wearing, so when the backpack damage is triggered, it's either you take a massive damage from the chest, or a minimal damage from the robe, or the total potential damage from both items are applied.
>>
>>14953694
It made a backup archive, didn't it? It also warned you to make your own backup in the readme.
>>
>>14953747
Before using Elonasnack my INI score was in the 1000 range for both values. This was back when AP and INI were first being introduced and older characters that existed before this had really bizzare INI scores because of some weird calculation the game did during upgrade. Well I used Elosnack to try to get my scores back to normal but I ended up making the INI scores even worst and in the process also fucked up my stats. It would of been worthless to have restored a backup of my character as it was already messed up going into it. Just saying if someone were to use Elonasnack that they ought to be careful as they can mess up their character horribly bad. Hopefully they have a good backup to fall on unlike me but even then it's something I wouldn't use unless absolutely necessary is what I'm saying because if you don't make up a backup and you fuck something up. Well that's a lot of hours of game time down the drain.
>>
Does increasing the weight of weapons increase Two-Hand damage?
>>
>>14953959
heavier weapon just means more crit damage
>>
>>14953127
%txtEXAct is the bottom most action for the sleep sharing event.

%txtEXReact is the pet's reaction to picking the sleep sharing action, above.

Personally, I've set %txtEXAct to "Interlock fingers", just to give you an idea.
>>
Newfag here
After a few tries of trial and error into rechecking why the game kept crashing upon startup, I managed to comprehend that the only non-functioning mod was the item.bmp regardless of how many times I re-downloaded it in case of some sort of data fracture, for which I was warned beforehand
Now with that out of the way, are there any other item mods, or the same mod fiddled by someone in order to get it to work, or do I just keep on doing my thing with the default?
>>
>>14954770
open item.bmp, save as .bmp 24bit

open original compare the 2, if there are sprites missing copy them from the original onto the modified version

if only thing you have is paint, go dl paint.net

i checked the file in the pasta dimension are 1584x1630. The original file is 1584x1632 so that might cause an issue (change this in image tab in paint.net)
>>
>>14954846
Gotcha, thanks a lot
>>
>>14954375
I put my EXAct in quotes.

"Snuggle up closer" <-- is what's typed in. Would that work?
What about if it wasn't in quotes? Would it just render as blue text?
>>
>>14954846
>>14954875

>if only thing you have is paint, go dl paint.net

Actually just open paint and just save it as .bmp, that's always the solution to .bmp issues for me. Saving a modified bmp via paint magically fixes any compatibility issue with Elona.
>>
I heard Handfuls of snow can treat Anorexia, is this true?
>>
What's with all those people getting anorexia lately?
>>
Does eating pet made food in the morning make the disorder worse?
>>
File: Interlock fingers.png (776 KB, 1280x768) Image search: [Google]
Interlock fingers.png
776 KB, 1280x768
>>14954375
>>14955034
Forgot picture.

For %txtEXAct, you don't need quotations. It will show up as an action in the sleep sharing event surrounded by parentheses (i.e

%txtEXAct
Interlock fingers

will show up as (Interlock fingers) in the sleep sharing event.)

The %txtEXReact is listed in the chat log, which included quotations. It will show up as light green when the text is surrounded by quotations, and blue when there are no quotations. (i.e

%txtEXReact
"もう! いく!"

will show up as "もう! いく!" in light green.

%txtEXReact
もう! いく!

will show up as もう! いく! in blue. [Not shown in pic])
>>
>>14955227
OIC thanks.
>>
File: 39071040.jpg (480 KB, 800x1130) Image search: [Google]
39071040.jpg
480 KB, 800x1130
Hey everyone. I started to make some custom NPCs. I'm not sure if this works since I can't open .pum files to test it on this borrowed laptop right now, but I think you should be able to summon them to your world. The summoning crystal is in the hot spring in the top left corner of the map.
https://jii.moe/41SabNK6l.pum
>>
>>14955191
>I think I'll train alchemy and magic device by quaffing snow. What could go wrong?
>hold down the 'q' button
>something has gone terribly, horribly wrong

>>14955186
Anorexia operates on a counter. If you vomit enough times over a short period, you get anorexia. The more you vomit while having anorexia, the more the counter increases; the counter decreases by sleeping (so every time you sleep "heals" one vomit session of anorexia. If you vomit 20 times with anorexia, you need to sleep 20 days or a little more to be cured).

Snow and any other liquid like potions or juices come into play because they won't make you vomit unless you drink them while bloated. Since eating any food will make you vomit if you already have anorexia, the only way to get rid of it without repeatedly killing yourself is to drink liquids until it's gone. Snow is a source of renewable liquid to drink. Juice restores more nutrition, but you should have a stock set up beforehand since it's not as renewable.

>>14955226
Yes, even that will make you vomit.
>>
File: summoning crystal.png (1006 KB, 1280x768) Image search: [Google]
summoning crystal.png
1006 KB, 1280x768
>>14955298
Pretty nice. Can you give us a break down of what each npc does?
>>
>>14955314
>>14955191
I fell for the eating disorder meme and now to rid myself of the consequences of my previous indiscretions, I'm taking new and interesting eating habits. Drink the hunger pangs away.
>>
>>14955316
Ah I forgot to reset lewd sisters level. Better for AP farming you know. Hang on a second.
>>
>>14955333
Hold the fuck up. I just noticed, you have sliding doors. How? I'm stuck with the wooden ones.
>>
File: level summoning crystal.png (1017 KB, 1280x768) Image search: [Google]
level summoning crystal.png
1017 KB, 1280x768
>>14955333
Level of the cNPCs seem to fluctuate. After summoning the Lewd sister (Level 30), the Undead girl that was Level 1 is now Level 30. I'm not sure if this will affect their level upon spawning. I'll check using F8.

>>14955368
[t] use the House Board and select the Change door type option. This will cycle between sci-fi, normal, and eastern door types, so select the option until you get the door type you want. To see the changes. leave the map and come back.
>>
>>14955402
This is a game-changer.
>>
>>14955327
At least with the advent of fruit juices it's no longer necessary to camp out in Noyel for a couple weeks.
>>
>>14955402
By the way, if you open up paint and rotate the tatami tiles you can sort of make a square with them. They don't look bad. I'd show you my dungeon which I'm renovating using the tiles but I'm not sure if it would work for you.
>>
>>14955453
That doesn't show up for other people though, right?
>>
>>14955480
That's what I was thinking.
>>
File: 36818553_p0.jpg (318 KB, 844x622) Image search: [Google]
36818553_p0.jpg
318 KB, 844x622
>>14955402
Strange, since their set level is 1. Here is the updated version with adjusted sister level anyway: https://jii.moe/VkWcrNF6e.pum

The Ethereal Lady is a pure magic caster. Crystal spear, magic storm and triple cast magic dart are her routine. She has a small chance of using over-ray but needs 50%gauge for that and upon low health she starts to reduce the enemies MP causing magic reactions. She has high resistance against pure magic, floats and can see invisible creatures.

The Bunnygirl is a gunner so she shoots away at targets. She uses the cheer special action and power charge attack every now and then. Upon low health she starts to use the action homing lazer. She has high resistance against sound, is immune against confusion and can also see invisible creatures.

The lewd sister is more or less a copy of the H sister. She is a thief, goes in for melee and frequently uses the shadow step action. If she has more than 25% gauge she also throws an absolute piercing attack while shadow stepping. Upon low health she uses the run wildly action. She has high mind resistance, immunity against confusion and fear and comes with the armour bit.

The Undead girl is the tank. Predator class with innate nether damage for martial arts. She goes in for melee and also raises the enemies insanity like a yith race monster. She also uses browbeat, nether breath and draw shadow. She has high nether resistance, casts super regene on low health and comes with the metal bit.

All NPCs come with standard humanoid equipment slots and since they (should) spawn at level 1 you can find them in the puppy cave. Some of them have idle texts and such. Give it a go and tell me how they do. I didn't do much testing since real life bollocks is getting in the way.
>>
>>14955496
All the npcs sound really interesting and neat. The undead girl is overpowered though. Super regene coupled with 90% damage resist? Seems way too good for just anyone to snag. What's the INI score for it? If it's even lower than bells or equal there's a huge problem in balance.
>>
F8 > Save current pet.

Go to the pet arena master. You should see an 'extra team' option. I think those are to the pet arena as moongates are to houses.

Someone fight my pets (Stardust killer clan) and let us all know if the AI works across games.

You should see Feather, Hero, Attribute, Shadow step etc.

https://jii.moe/NkfX7Ht6e

Drop it in /user/ and die at the hands of the Dawn Harbinger.
>>
File: summoning crystal update.png (1017 KB, 1280x768) Image search: [Google]
summoning crystal update.png
1017 KB, 1280x768
>>14955496
>>14955496
I've found and dominated all but the Lewd sister in the puppy cave. The map's summoning crystal is working properly, too. I recommend adding more summoning crystals if you have more than one cNPC, as the item disappears on use.

All the cNPCs are really cool. Thanks for your hard work, Akiko!
>>
>>14955573
I never said they were balanced and honestly, I see people going through grindhell to net a meshera alpha and soul spindle it to get an ÜBERpet at acceptable INI values. And that thing also knows shining wave and chaos ball. I think my undead meatshield is alright, but I can remove the metal bit if you like. I didn't think much about it. I only saw the bit flags and special actions and thought it would be quite funny to create an unbreakable wall which also restores health with attacking.

>>14955631
Sure. Give a yell if one of them behaves stupid and I see what I can do to tweak it for future summoners. I still follow these threads even if I don't post as much as before.
>>
>>14955645

Not that anon but I have my own thing to say about this.

This isn't exactly directed to you but anyone who will partake in custom NPCs in the future.

In general, I think the whole idea of player made NPCs is great but on the flipside I think there is huge potential for abuse with people creating pets that are either OP or will shortcut a lot of the work that goes into developing a pet. Whether intentional or not in the motivations of creating said pet, I think players that spent a lot of time to get a pet up and running will be saddened to see some person just roll up with an awesome pet and not have put in the same amount of effort.

Also, some may see drawing from a bank of OP pets as akin to cheating. Generally speaking, the game is a one player game so some people will not care but I assure you some will. It will be sad if the community gets torn apart with people accusing each other of cheating and threads asking people to post pets turn into a shitfest because of suspicion.

Having said that, I think if the community oversees the matter and people make the attempt to make fair pets then there's a lot of cool stuff to be shared and fun to be had. I personally think custom pets should be in line with what we have already in the game but maybe with a few tweaks here and there. Most important of all though, the INI score should be appropriate for how powerful the pet really is. Generally speaking, pets that have more attributes and more special abilities have very high INI scores. It's fine if you want to share a very powerful pet, but make sure it's balanced and is in line with what is observed with other pets in the game.(Powerful pets = high INI score). Let the player go through the work of soul spindling it if he/she chooses to. Some people will do that. Others won't. They'll still be able to get AP for that pet even with a high INI score. Also yes! powerful pets should be the reward for powerful players because it gives people something to work towards.

As for the undead girl having both the metal bit and super regene. I'm personally fine with it if the INI score is high enough to justify such a strong combination. If it isn't though, I'd get rid of one of them. Either super regene or metal. Your call.
>>
>>14955771
Whoa, spontaneous human combustion is not a myth after all :^)
Seriously tho, it's a single-player game, everything is cool as long as you enjoy yourself.
>>
>>14955808
His claim is valid though. If these threads turn into a circlejerk of just people posting pictures of cheated characters or pets that are game breaking I'll stop visiting. I don't need advice on how to cheat the game and won't partake in the circlejerk either.
>>
File: 33758905_p13.jpg (91 KB, 410x410) Image search: [Google]
33758905_p13.jpg
91 KB, 410x410
>>14955771
Yeah, I've thrown out the metal bit. You sure put more thought into it than me.
If the pastebin anon is here; make sure you drop this version of my home in the pastebin okay?
https://jii.moe/NyV5gUt6e.pum
>>
>>14955314
Another way of reducing your Anorexia counter is to kill yourself?
>>
>>14955831
I'm personally satisfied with this change. Aside from the stern warning of anon, which I agree with though, you're doing great work. Look forward to more custom NPCs you make if you choose to make more and looking forward to other custom NPCs others may put out. Should give people who like spritework or people getting into spritework with the game something to have fun with. People are into the RP aspect of custom NPCs I imagine will have fun with this too.
>>
>>14955897
>>14955314
Thank you, Anon. Just thank you.

>>14955831
Thanks for the work, Zombie!
>>
File: 32049511.jpg (414 KB, 875x818) Image search: [Google]
32049511.jpg
414 KB, 875x818
>>14955930
>Thanks for the work, Zombie!
I knew I should've rolled Elea and not Lich.
>>
>>14955945
Weird eyes but probably a good portrait.

Could you upload your pets please?

>>14955616

I want to test something. If you could also pass me a high-level rundown of the AI routines (buffs most of them should use, Shadow Step [Y/N?], etc.) that would be good.
>>
>>14955945

Is there a benefit to rolling Lich? If I wanted a god tier caster I would roll Fairy.
>>
[Changes and additions]
- Changed harpy race's second leg slot to a back slot.
- When the sum of "chance of extra ranged/melee attack" enchants and the bonus from two-hand skill reaches a certain amount, extra attacks become guaranteed. Changed it to make the extra attacks somewhat random.

[Fixes]
- Made duel opponents not capturable with monster balls.
- Made maximum HP/MP not overflow.
- Fixed critical hit damage multiplier when unarmed not going above 1.
- Extra attacks should proc less the more arms the character has - the modifier wasn't working, and it's fixed now.
- Fixed the bonus skill selected during character creation disappearing if the game is closed without saving right after the opening scene. Can't guarantee that it'll work properly if you quit before the dialogue in the beginning though.
>>
File: 61.png (1 MB, 1200x680) Image search: [Google]
61.png
1 MB, 1200x680
>>14955969
>Could you upload your pets please?
What do you mean? I already gave the link to my home and the new custom NPCs.

>>14955973
The weight penalty is the major turn off. I'm jealous of the DV bonus fairies get, but I can manage with my dodge.
>>
>>14956042
F8 > Save current pet.
>>
>>14955827
Don't you think the community has already demonstrated restraint regarding Elosnack, the custom AI hack, and the inherent overpowered scaling of E+ pets? There's been a fair amount of wanking over these things, but it didn't scare you off yet. The CNPC feature, present since Elona base, shouldn't change a thing. There's nothing to be worried about.

"Look at me guys I beat Zeome with contingency and a custom pet that spams mewmewmew."
"wow congratulation"
>>
>>14956047
Don't expect too much. I never got the hang of training pets efficiently.
https://jii.moe/VyeM28tTx.pet
>>
>>14955945
Akiko a cute.

>>14955771
It looks like some spells and actions aren't selectable, including wish, harvest, and actEhehe.
>>
>>14956042

The fairies also start with a sick speed bonus and resistances.

So sick even that I could tolerate questing around in exclusively dawn cloth gear.
>>
>>14955973
Far higher life, higher mana, no equipment restrictions.

The benefits of fairy (speed, innate resistances, added DV) are all "easily" matched by artifact fusion and AP. And since DV doesn't really matter as much as PV lategame, you're looking at a comparison between life/mana + innate racials. Lich clearly wins this: higher life/mana plus no equipment restrictions, or 33% more DV?
>>
>>14956076
>sick speed bonus and resistances
The thing is that those are void in late game. Upping resistances and speed is no big deal and only special unique racial feats are important. That's why I regret not rolling Elea.
>>
>>14956106
Strange. I can select your part, a dragon and something with a hitler icon, but my team doesn't fight yours. It just automatically wins. That's not how it goes for other Ex teams.

Some teams auto-end matches but the Elegant Maid Sakuya's team battle works fine. So too do most of the others.
>>
>>14956120
>something with a hitler icon
I probably shape changed that pet. Maybe that's what causes this bug? Try again.
https://jii.moe/4JOrywKTx.pet
>>
>>14956137
Works now. Custom AIs don't carry over games.

I pictured fighting your pets at full power just as you fought mine. Eventually culminating in mine slaughtering Kai's group and Sinaha, at full power.

;-;
>>
>>14956063
I'm fine with people taking advantage of a very powerful custom AI because they actually had to take the time to think of a good routine. I'm also still ok with the current state of pet scaling simply because it still takes an enormous amount of effort to make a pet powerful and to be in a place where you can take advantage of said scaling. Ideally, I think pets should be scaled back a bit. Personally I think pets should scale exactly how the player scales but I digress. Anyhow, I think the game has a fragile balance at the moment which is good, but it certainly could be better. I just see the custom NPC thing as something that can really offset this fragile balance and most of what that other anon has said I agree with. I personally don't care for cheating in any game and am fine with playing the game by myself and leaving the cancerous cheating community to rot by not even posting or going to their sites anymore. I respect their choice of how they want to play the game, by not making their threads anymore shitty by even more shitposting, but I won't be a part of it and will stay clear of them.
>>
>>14956170
>Custom AIs don't carry over games.
Who knows. I don't play Elona custom. Try to find somebody who does.
>>
File: 23992046_p4.jpg (36 KB, 595x450) Image search: [Google]
23992046_p4.jpg
36 KB, 595x450
>Philosopher's Stone Mask
>Using it on yourself or a pet will allow you to change the name of the character's race... does not change the feats or anything else associated with the race
I dread the day I make a gene and start the whole grind anew as a Elea. Oh well. Goodnight guys.
>>
>>14956259
>Elea

Why? Might as well go Lich.
If it's role playing purpise just use the mask instead
>>
>>14956259
As an Elea player though, I'm wondering if I should've went with Yerles.

The magic reaction damage and etherwind resist seems kinda meh. Though there are people who roll for the bloodlust and a couple of other diseases to get crazy high damage, I just don't see myself bothering to do that.
>>
>>14956320

the 50% Reduction to magic overdraw is sick for early game grinding, but if you managed to get Magic Capacity high enough, it's a moot point.
>>
Is fairy the best gene race?
A shitload of Free™ resists, endless DV, and the equipment is moot because you can farm a set on your previous character.
>>
File: 2016-03-21_190304.png (264 KB, 648x408) Image search: [Google]
2016-03-21_190304.png
264 KB, 648x408
>>14956120
>Elegant Maid Sakuya's team

You mean you can actually fight them? Those are some of the old pets I used to use..lol

I uploaded that so long ago, but had no idea if anyone else had access to it or not.
At first everyone thought that only the Japanese users could ever upload content, but I suppose that's either no longer the case or people just didn't pay much attention to these features until recently.
>>
>>14955831
Updated the pastebin, thanks. The list of cNPCs are listed under the header, along with the general location of the summoning crystal.
>>
>>14956366
You can fuse max resist gear and just pass those on without limiting yourself.
>>
>>14956380
Are my pets using their AI? Hero, Attribute, Shadow step etc?
>>
>>14953694
I want to change the gender of the god pet of itztapalt. I want my insectoid cutie.
>>
File: 9635927.jpg (760 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
9635927.jpg
760 KB, 1600x1200
>>14956009
>Made maximum HP/MP not overflow.

Excited about this. Thanks for the help with the bug reporting guys/gals.

>>14956320
I'm under the impression that none of the racials are so amazing that they put any particular race ahead of the others. Almost all the racials seem to have something about them that can be made up for with equipment or something else.

There is however, a difference in how long various racials will stay the same in usefulness. In this regard, I think the Yerles has a very good racial. Looking at the small picture their racial doesn't seem note worthy, but I think you can really appreciate their racial if you look at the big picture. I sit here on my Eulderna at 4000 or so levels, and can't help but be a bit envious that a Yerles has probably made 8000 more bonus skill points than me over their character's lifetime assuming they're also lv 4000. Think they get 2 extra bonus skill points each level so 2 * 4000.

Pretty impressive but at the same time, not something that I'd reroll my character over if I could help it. All skills cap at 2000 and there's multiple ways to get that through skill grind, lvs, and AP. So in the end it doesn't matter but the journey to 2000 skill level is probably faster on a Yerles. Just food for thought.

If you're not far into Elona you might want to think about Yerles but if you're very far into the game I wouldn't stress too much about race. Regardless of race, you can become very powerful. Case and point is my race of Eulderna. We have nothing noteworthy about our race aside from a good starting selection of skills and attributes for hybrid play but I still ended up with a character I'm happy with.
>>
>>14956568
http://elona.wikia.com/wiki/Forbidden_meat
>>
>>14956531
Hero, Attribute, regenerate, two different types of healing spells, clear mind, megid flame but didn't really notice shadow step.

Also the first time I've ever seen a pet transform in battle, is that the special boost action of the evolved fire dragon or did you astral pen Vansesda the ancient fire?
>>
>>14956009
>Made duel opponents not capturable with monster balls.
This was possible?! I'm going to catch everyone higher than me in the fame ranking an put them in my museum. They'll probably just respawn again anyway, huh?

The dual-wield fixes are going to make Sinaha and me cry.
>>
>>14956009
>When the sum of "chance of extra ranged/melee attack" enchants and the bonus from two-hand skill reaches a certain amount, extra attacks become guaranteed. Changed it to make the extra attacks somewhat random.

Am I reading this right? Two hand users are now able to get extra attacks just like dual wielders? Or instead of two hand what was meant is the dual wield skill?
>>
>>14957015
It sounds like if you stacked extra "change of extra attack" items, then they would be additive rather than rolled separately. So, rather than, say, a 30% chance, a 30% chance, and a 30% chance, it would instead roll as a 90% chance.

This is probably going to get changed to the 30-30-30.
>>
>>14957015
Oops! Meant Dual Wield there. Thanks for the catch.

>>14956955
>After throwing duel gloves at an NPC that can be dominated/captured with a ball then capturing/dominating it, the duel does not end. The player will not be able to exit the area. Tested on little sisters and on truce ground silver wolves.

That fix was for the above bug. Maybe you'd be able to kill yourself and then auto-res with lay hands as a work-around though. Dunno if that ends a duel.

>>14956710
The wiki says one point. Still seems really attractive though.

The phenomenon where some skills just stop gaining exp at around 700 has been there since vanilla elona, and even Ano himself recommended spending skill points at that point. Ah well. I'm a few hundred hours too many to reroll.
>>
>>14957015
i don't understand, does dual wield gives extra attacks beyond the 1/hand ?
i thought only martial arts did that
>>
>>14957276
Ah, so 1 point for Yerles. I agree, still noteworthy but yeah, I wouldn't reroll if too far into the game already.

>>14957331
I don't know what it's like with creatures that have more than two hands, but my pet Akeno that has the dual wield skill and has two lightsabers(one in each hand) every now and then makes three attacks in one turn.
>>
Remind me what should I collect for making gene.
- Non-precious equipment
- rare potions and scrolls
- mat kits, horns, capsules
- convert small medals and materials to speed uppers and potentials/cargo
- ???
>>
>>14957879
Training machine, barbecue, bed
Work big, eat big, sleep big, get big.

Soul spindle the immortal maid who is bound to serve your lineage for eternity.
>>
>>14956731
I am still a noob the items are very hard to get.
>>
>>14957914
Iron maid will do, basically the gold bell, but with decent INI after downgrade. BBQ and bed are nice, should grab it. But what is the deal with training machine? Almost never used it with current character, seemed quite unimpressive.
>>
>>14957940
I'm sure your Exile can wait for you to scrounge up the ingredients. Just don't evolve it until you get them. Also, I think there's a quest in South Tyris that awards you those meats. At any rate, it's very much achievable without Elonasnack.
>>
>>14957940
God pets can be bred. I believe you are guaranteed one spawn within 14 days before the lower breeding powers take effect. Then you can remove the breeder and stick it back in to get another spawn.
>>
>>14956191
It won't. Custom AI data is saved separately from npc data so as to keep cross-compatability with E+. If I'm still around when E+ development stops, I might see about changing that, which would allow you to export and fight pet teams with customized AI.
>>
File: untitled.png (322 KB, 685x474) Image search: [Google]
untitled.png
322 KB, 685x474
Friendly reminder to pickpocket every ninja you see!
>>
>>14958382
Nope, only copied with astral light pen. Normally only generic creatures may captured in balls.
>>
>>14958398
Ninjas and diabolic clowns. Thief classes with throwing weapons like that all good sources of sox if they're a high enough level.
>>
>>14956902
I didn't set my pet to use Megid flame. Shera used Attribute. So just to be clear: Pets use some of the skills they know but not all? Also I imagine it was the boost special action.
>>
I love minmaxing, but can I do something like a Lich Paladin/Warmage in this game ? Just downloaded it.
>>
>>14958938
Should be able to. Just pick lich warrior, lich priest, or lich warmage.
>>
>>14958954
I also started a few days ago and went Lich Warmage without even thinking about it.
It completely matched what I wanted so I couldn't care less if there were a bunch of cons to it
>>
>>14958609
Ok, I see, Megid flame is also a special action of the fire dragon.

To be honest I have absolutely no idea of the nuts and bolts of the custom AI feature, but is it actually capable of functioning alongside the pets default abilities without one overriding the other? I was under the impression it only prioritized what you taught them, replacing the original AI.
>>
>>14959605
You can set the pet to use whatever skills it knows. Like imagine the pet is a container and this container has properties. The stats are one property but the container contains skills. The AI you set determines which skill it releases from the container at which point. The custom AI let's YOU decide which skills to release and when. Does that make sense?

>>14958938
You can role-play healing/Two-Hand/Warmage spells etc. People choose classes in the beginning but it's all about builds and even if you fuck up your class choice you can just change it later. Even the race weaknesses can be negated with little difficulty.
>>
File: 62.png (381 KB, 1200x680) Image search: [Google]
62.png
381 KB, 1200x680
Remember folks, don't mess around with things you don't understand.
>>
>>14959994
What is that supposed to be?
>>
>>14960110
Palmia.
>>
>>14959994
How did that happen?
>>
>>14960485
I was playing around in the map editor.
>>
After seeing >>>/tg/46171937 I now really want a Murder Knight.
>>
File: 57 percent cast rate on it.png (467 KB, 1280x769) Image search: [Google]
57 percent cast rate on it.png
467 KB, 1280x769
Scrolls of Wonder are wonderful.
>>
File: tratatata.jpg (634 KB, 1287x791) Image search: [Google]
tratatata.jpg
634 KB, 1287x791
Burst ammo is stupidly OP
>>
File: Itsgoingtobeok.png (405 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
Itsgoingtobeok.png
405 KB, 800x600
Finally out of soul crushing despairing poverty. No more sneaking week old hard bread crumbs from the baker! I finally got to replace my hole infested robes and papercraft armor for real armor pieces! I'm almost a full adventurer now! I just wish people wouldn't bully me when I tried to break out in musicals. I majored in performing from the finest elona universities but ended up making money by doing odd jobs. One person sent me to the puppy caves. Sounded easy enough. I expected a cave full of cuddly cute creatures but instead I got LIES! LIES! AND DEATH! Hopefully now that I have real armor I can go back there and finally bully the bullies in there.
>>
>>14961265
Looks like you are carrying quite a lot of stuff there. Maybe it would be better to drop some in your house.
>>
>>14960982
>*bump* *bump*
Nyo touching!
>>
>>14961298
It's ok. I'm about to make a major sell off of the stuff in my inventory. Hopefully I can get a real house instead of having to sleep on the damp cold floors of that cave I've taken over. I played Elona a long time ago but I didn't recall or maybe I've forgotten how hard it was. In most RPGs, as the hero of the land, I was able to just take what I wanted from houses, npcs would enjoy talking with me, and typical weak creatures in RPGs such as bats and kobolds would just roll over and die. Instead, the guards or the inhabitants of the house would beat the living shit out of me, people laugh at me or don't know who I am when I talk to them, and bats and kobolds shit all over me. Fuck I'd hate to see what an orc can do.
>>
>>14961470
Bats and kobolds aren't so much difficult as it is you starting off especially weak in Elona. The average bard or villager is stronger than you at the start.
You are effectively a penniless hobo in the beginning.
>>
It's been an entire in-game year since I began and I haven't had a single lucky day. I'm drowning in maps here.

Ehekatl please.
>>
>>14961986
Are those lucky events that give 777 luck still a thing in Elona custom? I've only seen those 77 luck days since I picked it up again.
>>
>>14961986
She might be busy trying to find coconut crab.
>>
Well, that was a fun surprise. Something cast meteor on me while I was leaving a level 92 dungeon. It would have killed me if not for the brave sacrifice of my defender pet.

That's the first time I've seen anything cast it, and I have no idea who or what was responsible.
>>
>>14962343
Some creatures that cast meteor:
http://elona.wikia.com/wiki/Cthugha
http://elona.wikia.com/wiki/Yomagntho
>>
>>14962380
Those look pretty terrifying. I think I'll leave that cave alone; I wasn't aware it was actually the lair of a Great Old One.
>>
I'm a bit concerned over my early game choice in pets.
Switched out the Little Girl for a Wizard of Elea waifu, but now she's oneshotting most everything with magic dart unless I set her to defense mode.
How am I supposed to git gud at this rate?
>>
File: th.jpg (9 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
th.jpg
9 KB, 300x168
>>14962555
You could always just shelve her until you're about equal to her in power. Or, you can just choose to bring her out only when things aren't dying in one blow or when things are truly challenging and you need the extra help. Consider yourself a summoner for awhile.
>>
>>14962343
I play Elona+custom with the additional mobs pack from the pastebin. Apparently there must be some hidden tags that are screwed up, because I started seeing <Cosmic Scout> (god-types) in level 30-ish dungeons and hunting missions. Mobs with 5-6 digit hitpoint totals casting meteor 10+ times in a row when HP gets too slow.

Had to EloSnack the ficl out of there.

>>14962555
Wait until you manage to get a gold bell. They'll solo mobs up to double your level. Had to stop using it a bit because it was getting 80%+ of the team's kills.
>>
I like zombie girls, which evolution path should I take? She's slow as shit so I was considering Romanesque, but I figure she'd be more useful as a meat shield so Stacy is nice too. Thanatos would be cool as well, for the nether wave.
I really can't decide
>>
>>14962033
Yes they are. Around 400 days gametime and I've had two, along with two Ehekatl statues. Managed to dig four out of eleven treasures AND blow my chips at the casino.
>>
>>14963721
A P

P
>>
>>14963767
>700 hours in Elona and still no Ehekatl statue
REEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>14963767
>>14963892
Only now I realized I can use my statue during a lucky day. Wow, the thought never passed my mind.
>>
>>14963919
It would replace the Lucky Day buff.
>>
File: drinking anime bum.gif (1009 KB, 500x280) Image search: [Google]
drinking anime bum.gif
1009 KB, 500x280
>>14963892
>tfw 1155+ hours

I gave up on it about 900 hours in. Probably not even worth it.
>>
>>14963892
>>14964125
I personally never used it, meanwhile I can't find resurrection books for shit
>>
Just got my first Monster Ball Lv 5
Are there any good picks to aim for?
>>
>>14964154
Snails. For real, get a snail. Could also go for a Putit or a rabbit.
>>
File: P119-YoungerSister.png (7 KB, 48x72) Image search: [Google]
P119-YoungerSister.png
7 KB, 48x72
Do you like H sisters?
>>
>>14964154
Putits. They breed very fast, and they drop attribute-boosting corpses. Great for ranches.
>>
>>14964154
Don't forget the silver cat if you haven't done the quest yet. They're level 3.
>>
>gemini in melee slot
>railgun in ranged
Hahaha, oh wow.
I kinda miss a lot though, 200% hit. What's a good way to raise it? I already have rubynus decorated gloves
>>
>>14964154
Silver cat.
Also you need to do that quest for the gene machine, so go look it up.
>>
>>14964154
>>14964368
Don't forget that guy at Port Kapul gives you a set of 6 level 5 monster balls for free.
>>
Is there a relatively high level(40-70 or something) monster with good breeding power? I want a lot of gene fodder to boost my little sisters and other weaker pets
>>
Alright, went to catch putits, snails and whatnot
Now for the important part
How do I damage them without brutally murdering them instead
>>
>>14964766
Poison/sulfur/fire, throwing light shit on them, or get the knockout feat
>>
>>14964766
You can equip a paper weapon you have no skill in.
>>
>>14964766
If you want a ez cheese pet silver bells are a target to get too. They're fast as fuck but if you throw them a potion of potion when you are fast enough they'll remain with a sliver of health just enough to let you catch them.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 52

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.