[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone else disenchanted with high performance gaming? I've
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
File: deevee.jpg (100 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
deevee.jpg
100 KB, 1920x1080
Anyone else disenchanted with high performance gaming?

I've been running a gtx 960 on my 1440 monitor for a while. Just got the 1070 and started running some of my games at max graphics.

"Huh", I thought. "So this is it".

I guess I'm so used to medium graphics I just don't mind anymore.
>>
>>55207845
You just realize graphics isn't everything on a game anon.
>>
>>55207845
>>>/v/
>>
>>55207845
the difference is smaller now than it used to be a couple of years ago

ever 10 times more polygons and textures with twice the resolution won't make a big difference, the only thing that can be improved is antialiasing/shadows but even that difference's not as impressive as it used to be

we need more and more resources to make less and less noticeable improvements

in a couple of years we won't be able to tell the difference between video game graphics and movies
>>
the new bar is VR
that rhymes, but it's not a crime
cause im a poet, who aint afraid to show it
now you know-it, pleb
>>
>>55207845
Same reason why i sold my GPU and replaced it with a cheap used 950.

Now that i don't game anymore i'm thinking of selling my desktop and going thinkpad + dock + eGPU keeping the monitor but i know I'll regret it later.
>>
>>55207845
I defer to >>55207948

Gaming was all "Muh grafix" from 2003-2010, then it hit the fucking peak.

Anything from here on out is simple incremental, short of full body immersion gaming experiences.
>>
File: 4L_dXdAT4Cx.jpg (28 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
4L_dXdAT4Cx.jpg
28 KB, 640x360
>>55207845
>he's a grown man who plays video gaymes
>>>/v/
>>
>>55207845
yeah its like that until you find a game that has <30 fps on low details. i mean i remember playing morrowind with 10fps when staring at the ground on a 800x600 screen and i dont wanna go back really.
>>
>>55209992
>>55209999
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.