[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
4K worth it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: sapphire-radeon-r9-390-nitro-8gb.jpg (414 KB, 1920x1625) Image search: [Google]
sapphire-radeon-r9-390-nitro-8gb.jpg
414 KB, 1920x1625
I am just kind of toying with the idea of moving from 1080p to 4k gaming. I am wondering if the cost of 4k right now is worth the experience or if I should wait a bit.
>>
Gaming-related discussion goes in >>>/v/
>>
Worth it?
When is this shit ever "worth" anything?

>monitor
>graphics card(s)
>good games
>money
Look at the first three and consider how much of the fourth you're willing to part with.

"Worth it" for you?
Just do it.
>>
>>55159185
1440p 144hz is better
>>
>>55159264
This, 4k is a bit of a meme. Assuming you're not 6 inches away from the screen you'll percieve 1440p and 4k as practically identical, and with 144hz it will look great regardless
>>
>>55159310
did you try it?
>>
4k is a meme resolution
>>
>>55159341
Yes. Dont get me wrong, it looks phenomenal, but the minimal difference we can see between it and 1440p isn't worth the hardware investment
>>
4K is totally worth it, better than the shitty 1.78x from 1440p

The problem is powering such resolution, you're going to need 2x GTX1080 or start lowering settings.
>>
>>55159185
Size and quality of your monitor has a large impact on perceived quality of games and "immersion".
If you can afford a decent 4k panel, then go for it, but don't half ass it. Either buy a good panel or no panel.

>>55159715
A 980ti/FuryX/1070 is enough for 4k high settings or better. Even a 980/390x will do playable 4k.
the expensive part is the panel, not the GPU
>>
>>55159852
>I've never played in 4k the post
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.