[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Vertical screens ++
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5
File: A.jpg (250 KB, 810x560) Image search: [Google]
A.jpg
250 KB, 810x560
Following
>>54685791
Why do you use horizontal screens and not vertical screens or squared screens?

vertical screens ++, horizontal screens --

And looks like a lot of fucking websites is even designed for vertical screens, you always scroll DOWN, not right
>>
>>54686128
Humans have more horizontal field of vision than vertical.
>>
>>54686128
>Why do you use horizontal screens and not vertical screens or squared screens?
Because our eyes are oriented horizontally, not vertically, and we have two of them and not one.

Wide screens fill more of our visual field, offering a more natural viewing experience, and more immersion in entertainment oriented content.

Websites scroll downwards because you can create one continuous "Page" that is easier to read that way and it flows better than splitting it into columns of text to have it oriented horizontally.
>>
Inb4 where can I get a vertical monitor
>>
>>54686128
aren't most screens vertical?
>>
I'm horizontally challenged
>>
>>54686721
On phones
>>
>>54686270
/thread
>>
File: A.gif (7 KB, 300x352) Image search: [Google]
A.gif
7 KB, 300x352
>>54686360
> Websites scroll downwards because you can create one continuous "Page" that is easier to read

We should write vertically then, so scrolling horizontal would be natural and we could use all the screen space

Or, something like the OP picture, horizontal screen for multimedia, vertical screen for text

I have like only 25% of the screen with text, and I have to scroll to se more, the other 75% is just the background color
>>
>>54686360
>Because our eyes are oriented horizontally, not vertically, and we have two of them and not one.
My eyes are in a superposition of vertical and horizontal alignment
>>
>>54686128
I would use one of my screens in portrait IF it wasn't TN and it didn't fuck up the subpixel rendering.
It's amazing for programming.
>>
>>54686128
A long long time ago, the firsts screens were verticals
>>
>>54688768
>Not knowing what superposition means
>>
File: lcd-tv-vertical-eyes-260-18274.jpg (11 KB, 320x260) Image search: [Google]
lcd-tv-vertical-eyes-260-18274.jpg
11 KB, 320x260
>>54688768
>>54689209
>>
>>54686270
Websites are vertical, you dumb fuck.
>>
File: Shumps.jpg (59 KB, 540x960) Image search: [Google]
Shumps.jpg
59 KB, 540x960
>>54686128
I have a vertical monitor for websites, comics, and SHMUPs.
>>
>>54689282
MOAR

I want it
>>
File: Cosmos-Neil-deGrasse-Tyson.jpg (697 KB, 3000x2067) Image search: [Google]
Cosmos-Neil-deGrasse-Tyson.jpg
697 KB, 3000x2067
>>54688768
>Babby's first physics joke
Just because you bought the Blu-ray box set of Cosmos at Barnes and Noble doesn't make you smart. You cuck.
>>
>>54689254
Doesn't change our physiology stupid
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.