[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what's the purpose of a +2000USD PC?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 209
Thread images: 23
File: 1462151919957.png (363 KB, 799x608) Image search: [Google]
1462151919957.png
363 KB, 799x608
what's the purpose of a +2000USD PC?
>>
e-peen
>>
not games, kid
>>
>>54492674
Not being poor
>>
Compiling gentoo
>>
>>54492674
Being a good little goy.
>>
Rendering, Web services in general, science, selling its time for cloud bullshit, dedicated game server...
>>
File: 1461195552102.jpg (469 KB, 1440x1920) Image search: [Google]
1461195552102.jpg
469 KB, 1440x1920
>>54492674
Poor fag detected
>>
>>54492674
poorfag pls
>>
>>54492800
Sweet rig, bro.
>>
>>54492674
Depends on what parts of it are jacking up the price to $2000.
>>
>>54492674
Getting to brag about the pz mustard reiss on console forums
>>
>>54492674
Machine Learning, Picture Recognition, and masturbation of being a richfag.
>>
>>54492949
>and masturbation of being a richfag

Not saying this is the case to everyone, but most fags i've seen with expensive computers are poorfags who fell for the master race meme and they spend months saving for a gaymer meme computer.
>>
Here nothing.

Some people have hobby projects
>music/video editing
>crypto breaking
>bitcoin (bleh)
>autocad (LIDAR and not normal usage)
>>
Play console games on a shitty cheap 4k monitor and logitech speakers, while sitting in a 100 dollar chair
>>
Putting its specs on your sig on some shitty nerd forum.
>>
Work.
Proper GPUs that cost over $2000 like Quadro and FirePro series GPUs, cost that much for good reasons.
On the other hand, the kiddie toy gaymer GPUs that are posted on /g/ - Video Gaymes are pretty much that, gayming GPUs.

Makes sense that gaymer children on /g/ don't know shit about why professional computers cost that much.
>>
>>54493265
Why /g/ hates gaymers so much? it isn't like this place is filled with weaboos or anything (which, imo, are much more cancerous)
Im neither tho
>>
>>54493384
>weeaboos
>cancerous in the way you are

It's nice how you are tying to downplay your own cancer levels by refering to weaboos as if you come any close, and even though the two types of cancer have no relation whatsoever.

Weaboos don't act like they know technology, gaymers do.
Your fucking implementation of video software and x264 is all thanks to weaboos. At least i can give them that credit. And they are the kinds of autists who will at least properly research technology.

Look at yourself and your gaymer faggots though.
You make threads about gaymer toy GPUs on /g/,
where you talk about hardware you don't know shit about,
make comparisons between GPUs based on nothing but memory and clock rate because you don't know shit about the various computational units and components that dictate performance or even dictate differences in whether certain GPUs do shader or texture better variably;
talk about software even though you don't know shit about how hardware and software interact and the ultimate culmination is
when stupid faggots like yourself post fucking framerate graphs that become obsolete the moment a game is patched or a driver is updated.

Weaboos whine about waifus, but at least they know they ain't real.
You whine about frame-rate differences that don't go beyond 10 , as if that 10 fps difference will ever fix your shitty gayming skills, or even be visible to your dumb gaymer eyes that become too focused on the gameplay or the rage from your incompetence during gaming to notice any graphical impact of such a minor framerate difference.

You are more cancerous than weaboos. And you are the primary source of tech illiteracy and retardation on /g/.
>>
/guts/
>>
>>54493384
The chances of retarded posts on /g/ belonging to a gaymer are vastly higher than them belonging to a weeaboo or even some of those MLP horsefuckers.
>>
>>54493540
you seem upset
>>
>>54492674
>expecting /g/ to think beyond its own autistic wants
I have a 17 inch MacBook pro and didn't even cost that much. Well well, look what hardware is overpriced now...
>>
>>54493384
Neckbeard logic. They think they are so productive because they rice their shitty linux with animu girls.
>>
>>54493540
>Weaboos don't act like they know technology, gaymers do.
>Your fucking implementation of video software and x264 is all thanks to weaboos

Oh the irony
Why you mad tho
>>
>>54493577
Of course i'm upset. That's why i'm begging for the staff to rename /g/ into "Programming" so all the /v/ faggots can stay on /v/, while all proper hardware discussion has all gone to /diy/.
At least /prog/ would be devoid of gaymer cancer and tech illiteracy.
>>
File: yourtears.jpg (24 KB, 459x669) Image search: [Google]
yourtears.jpg
24 KB, 459x669
>>54493540
>sofuckingmadithurts.css
>>
>>54493595
>Oh the irony
Where's the irony?
Any and all scene adopted standards always come after the weeaboo animefaggot communities have run through them.
Are you living under a rock this much?
>>
I built a 1500 dollar gaymen desktop. A few months later I compiled gentoo on it and now I don't play games anymore.
>>
>>54492674
I'm playing hearthstone at 10000 fps with mine.
>>
>>54492674
In my case, running lots of numerics - especially when prototyping, so I don't waste HPC time.
>>
>>54493615
So you are actually that stupid.
>>
>>54493540
>Projecting his anger at reality

keep your bait away from me
>>
File: 146296788491462967884993.gif (133 KB, 311x366) Image search: [Google]
146296788491462967884993.gif
133 KB, 311x366
>>54493540
>>
>>54493540
Well said.
>>
>>54493697 (You)
Agree
>>
>>54493540
>Weaboos whine about waifus, but at least they know they ain't real.
>but at least they know they ain't real.

Yeah, that's why there are "claim your waifu" and "2d girls are better than 3d ones" threads everyday, lol
>>
>>54493265
>The only use a computer has is games
>Anybody who disagrees with me is a child
>Have you seen the new episode of Uragiri wa Boku no Namae o Shitteiru (A cartoon)
>>
>>54493748
Knowing something isn't real doesn't eliminate the entertainment from dabbling in it anon.
Maybe you should go back to sleep.
>>
>>54493750
*Work
ay my brain shut off
>>
>>54493540

Here's another

>(you)

Enjoy!
>>
>>54493762
Your brain was never on in the first place.
The answer to OP's question was given.
Now, that you are butthurt by the answer is completely your own problem.
>>
>>54493783
not an argument
>>
>>54493805
The topic was what use a computer over $2000 has.
It certainly isn't gaming, unless you can name a game that requires such a computer to run.
So to use your word, you have no argument.
And yes, your brain is shut down and lacking in processing power.
>>
>>54493761
So... you all just pretend to be fucking retarded but you are not, you just enjoy talking about imaginary girls on cartoons.

Tell me more pls
>>
>>54493540

From an objective point of view, weaboos and their waifus are literally at the bottom of the barrel.
What i mean is that they're the most pathetic human beings on this website (along with 99% of r9k)

Manchildren gaymers are also at the bottom, but at least, one step better than waifu fags.
>>
File: 1316874555712.jpg (44 KB, 450x500) Image search: [Google]
1316874555712.jpg
44 KB, 450x500
>>54493843
Enjoying talking about imaginary girls is certainly better than crying about imaginary fps in gaymes that will never fix your lack in gayming skills in order to justify a wasted $200, that's for sure.
>>
File: 1307925724945.jpg (19 KB, 267x274) Image search: [Google]
1307925724945.jpg
19 KB, 267x274
>>54493860
From an objective point of view, weeaboos don't get jerked into wasting an additional $200 on GPUs that shit out barely 5fps difference in performance in order for the gaymer to squeeze out some imaginary gayming skill improvement from an additional 5 fps.
If weeaboos are the bottom of the barrel, gaymers are the source from which the shit is being filled into the barrels.
>>
For me the chair, desk, monitor and monitor arm are all each part of a setup so then it gets easy to spend 2k, just what's in my case is only just over a grand, half that being the gpu
>>
>>54493867
Not really, both are cancerous as fuck but the former is much more pathetic.
Also, i dont know why you insist that im a gaymer, lol
>>
>>54493827
>He doesn't use his computer for multiple purposes
>>
>>54493894
*let me insert this awesome reaction pic to show how much i won*

Ayyy
>>
I just play games at 4k

Dunno just like hardware, kinda like putting all the best parts in your car (gotta buy the triple plate clutch because bigga numba brah make me win the spinny circles at the miata meet!!!!!!!)
>>
>>54493909
The more pathetic is defined by which field is so shit and pathetic that it has been infected by feminism.
Weeaboos don't have that problem. Gaymercucks do.

It's much in the sense of how programing is a uniquely shit field in STEM in that it is the only one seriously implementing codes of conduct and getting cucked by feminism.

>>54493926
*let me focus on the pic because i have no argument

ayyy
>>
how much should I spend for a PC mainly to do after effects, premiere, 8k photoshop files, blender, 3D shit like real flow and houdini, zbrush and mainly VFX and CGI shit?
>>
>>54492992
I've ben saving almost a year to buy the new 15" rmbp when it drops.
I'm not even a poorfag, just a middle class uni student.
3000€ it's a fuckton of money for a consumer good
>>
>>54493951
Tell me more pls, your brain damage is amusing
>>
>>54493894

Waifu-fags jerk off to imaginary girls due to their incapacity to get real girls. They cry themselves to sleep while watching braind-dead chinese cartoons. Most of them are NEETs.

Gaymers spend unjustifiable amounts of money on superfluous shit so they can "improve their gaming skills" which is itself one of the most pathetic things you could hear. They also lack social skills and are general parasites to the society. But at least most of them have McJobs so they can sustain their hobby.

So in the end, Gaymers are just a barely above Waifu-fags.

But don't get me wrong, both should kill themselves in my opinion.
>>
facebook and radit
>>
Browsing 4chan, playing ascii roguelike, etc
>>
>>54494039
>But don't get me wrong, both should kill themselves in my opinion.

Amen
>>
File: 1308169987895.jpg (34 KB, 479x357) Image search: [Google]
1308169987895.jpg
34 KB, 479x357
>>54494039
>the only difference between what makes gaymers better is that they have McJobs to sustain their hobby
>weeaboos don't need to sustain their hobby, it's all free and magically falls from the sky like meat pies

Don't get me wrong, but you are mentally retarded.
Also gaymers seem to have more virgins among them than weeaboofags, since weeaboos also have a considerable female audience, which somehow also manages to give the middle finger to feminism unlike the gaymercuck collective where gaymers throw hundreds of bucks on a Twitch streaming feemale whose boobs have more screen are than the video game window.

You aren't doing a convincing job here anon.

The way you are trying to make gaymers look better with all your possible power is cute though.
>>
>>54493974
>glued in battery
>non upgradeable memory
>expensive storage upgrades
retina a shit. get a used thick 13 or 15in mbp
>>
>>54494089
>weeaboos also have a considerable female audience
>female weeaboos

Uhhhh, no thanks.

And if you really think that gaymers have more more virgins than weeaboofags, make a poll in /a/ and /v/. But i'm sure you already know what the result would be.

Waifu-fags ARE virgins by definition, since they have abandoned real girls due to their autism.

Obviously there are exceptions, but 90% of waifu-fags are like that.
>>
how do you call a gamer+weebo(anime fan) that has a geek weeb gf or wife and has a job?
>>
>>54494089
Holy fucking shit, i thought it was all a meme but weaboos do think they are, somehow, alpha.
At least gaymers know they are fucking pathetic, but you try so,so hard to make you and "your kind" look better that it hurts.
Kill yourself pls, and kill a few weaboos and gaymers while you are on it.
>>
>all these weeaboo faggots

glad I only browse /g/ twice a month
>>
>>54494169
You dont, they don't exist
>>
If a >2k pc only has one purpose something cheaper would probably had been enough
>>
>>54493645
>can't make an argument
>y-youre stupid lol
>>
>>54493540
Saved for future cringe threads, thanks.
>>
>>54494209
sorry, but I have several of those among my IRL friends.

some of them now have 30+ years old.

t. ex-weeb ex-gamer
>>
>>54494207
Hiroshima moot should make a /tech/ board or something where weaboos and gaymers are not allowed
>>
>>54492674

Time spent
Self-comparison
Ego compensation
Metric obsession

Niche within the enhusiast segment that has unlimited credit.

Before even being able to enjoy software, hardware needs to be fulfilled.

Nature of tech components and their synergy prioritized before purpose - rig needs to be fulfilled before activity is enjoyed.

Obsession, projection
>>
>>54492674
>what's the purpose of a +2000 USD pc?
>gamers are the worst
>no weaboos are the worst
>>
>>54494166
>Uhhhh, no thanks.
I say the say about gaymer girls. But nobody is arguing about what you want to pick. You are irrelevant anon. We are talking about proportions and basic math, and you seem to lack any knowledge in the field in terms of gaming or Weeaboonese Culture.
>And if you really think that gaymers have more more virgins than weeaboofags, make a poll in /a/ and /v/. But i'm sure you already know what the result would be.
Yeah, equal if not slanted towards /v/ on the number of virgins since male gaymers can't get girls, but female weeaboos can get boyfriends, and even male weeaboos can get girls since a weeaboo isn't defined by loving 2D girls but by liking Japanese culture (and they can pick weeaboo gfs of which there are plenty).

You might as well argue that gaymers can't get girlfriends by definition because they are all about waifuan in the form of gaymer characters like Bayonetta and shit.
Every argument you make is a double edged sword.

And thus we come to me repeating: It's cute how you are trying with all your might to make gaymers look better while feigning disgust of gaymers. Your retarded game is so frequent on 4chan, and yet you don't realize how transparent it is to people here.
>>
>>54494266
Tell us more pls
>>
>>54494249

They probably watch a show or two and play casual games once in a while.

They aren't real "Pro gamers" or "Waifu fags".
>>
>>54494285
I can tell you more.
Anime conventions: Filled with fat or scrawny males, traps/prettyboy faggots, and females in cosplay, all socializing. A diverse group, yet they all hate political correctness. A kind of paradox.
Gaymer conventions: Filled with fat or scrawny males by the majority whose only form of socializing is punching a monitor and screaming, or not socializing at all since they are too edgy for it. Political correctness is half adopted and half of them are cucks.

Next question.
>>
>>54494266
Your argument is stupid, I'm not even gonna bother to write more than these 18 words to reply.
>>
>>54494321
they're not waifufags.

one of them is a hardcore RPG player that has played every rpg since the NES days, (he's like 35 at this point).

he tells me he doesn't like to go to conventions because people are low powerlevel plebs.

he already works in some medical institution as some engineer there and he has a wife.
>>
>>54494326
Keep it going pls, let me know how deep your stupidity is
>>
>>54494266
>It's cute how you are trying with all your might to make gaymers look better while feigning disgust of gaymers

And you're trying to make Weeaboos more normie than gamers. While 99% of us know that's not the case.

But i'm not judging you, since we're on 4chan after all. Go watch your over-sexualized chinese cartoons. If it makes you happy, good for you man.
>>
>>54494380
Stupidity is defined by a person coming to a gay forum's technology sub-form and whining about how everyone is gay;
much in the way you came to a weeaboo site's technology board for weeaboos interested in it, and are whining about weeaboos.

I'd say even the average /b/tard is more intelligent than yourself.
>>
>>54494394
Nah, i'm pretty much clearly equating gaymers and weeaboos.
Though i can forgive you for your illiteracy and lack of reading comprehension.
Not everyone on 4chans knows how to read after all. Keep at it man, one day you will improve!
>>
>>54494326

The majority of weeaboos don't go to conventions.

I could say the same thing and argue that gamers have a lot of dudebros who play Fifa and CoD, and THEY'RE a considerable majority.
>>
I'd say gamers win since they likely actually game. Weebs just hang out in the desktop thread posting shitty "minimalist" screenshots and call themselves ricers simply because they use a tiling WM for every day use. Basically people who pretend they're leet computer programmers just because they use Linux.
>>
>>54494424

You're putting weeaboos above gaymers and it's more than obvious.

You're fooling anyone m8.
>>
Well good thing we aren't talking about what ifs, but what is, and conventions do paint a picture in the form of empiric evidence.
>>
>>54494473
>I'd say gamers win since they likely actually game

You never been to /v/ haven't you?
>>
>>54492674
what's the purpose of 30$+ pc?
raspberry pi can do everything linux machines can
>>
>>54494410
>Stupidity is defined by a person coming to a gay forum's technology sub-form...

Your arguments are so silly
Keep it up my man

>>54494424
Leave the tard alone pls, he is trying his best
>>
$1500 would probably get you a top-tier gaming rig, not sure what the benefit of $200 would be unless you wanted to do two 980Ti;s in SLI.
>>
>>54494486
If only you could only give an example. But you can't.
So far, all my arguing was equating.
But that's ok, you feel offended as a gaymer. You can scuttle back to your gaymergate vs gaymercuck wars now.
At least when weeaboo faggots fight over 2D girls, their shit doesn't seep into the real world and news stations.
>>
>>54494371
>they're not waifufags

Well, exactly my point, they aren't waifufags because you can't be a waifufag and have a gf much less a wife.
But it's quite possible to be a hardcore gaymer and still have a gf/wife and even children.
>>
>>54494509
>30$+

You consumer fuck, a $5 RasPI zero is everything you need

>>54494518
>At least when we, weeaboo faggots, fight over 2D girls, our shit doesn't seep into the real world and news stations

FTFY, my weaboo virgin friend
>>
>>54494538
You can FTFY all you want.
Doesn't change the fact of the matter.
Also this is the first time i think that i stumbled upon a reason to give weeaboos an upper hand over gaymers. Their shit stays contained to their sites.
>>
File: waifushit.jpg (63 KB, 500x349) Image search: [Google]
waifushit.jpg
63 KB, 500x349
ITT: waifufags denying they're pathetic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUIOgd2JQJc
>>
>>54494577
Well done my pathetic friend, defending your peers and their waifus :^)
>>
File: 2016-05-11_171307.png (557 KB, 664x525) Image search: [Google]
2016-05-11_171307.png
557 KB, 664x525
>>54494582
ITT: gaymerfags denying they're pathetic
>>
File: 1.jpg (68 KB, 713x401) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
68 KB, 713x401
>>54494518
I don't need to give you any example. It's obvious to anyone. YOU are the offended anime-fag.

And I don't play any games. This is my pc right now, it can't run any game post 2004, but it's enough for my needs, since i don't play anything.

Now post a picture of your Anime folder.
How big it is? 1TB? 2TB?
More?
>>
>>54494607
I dont know you are implying all of us are gaymers, since pretty much everyone knows weaboos are pretty much the most pathetic group there are, at the same level as furries.

Also
>That pic

He is japanese, so almost certainly an otaku too.
>>
>>54492674
What's the purpose of a +2000USD car?
>>
>>54494641
It's 0 b. Stopped watching anime and even reading manga 5 or 6 years ago, because i got tired of moefaggotry and Japan stopped releasing good morbid shit like TerraFormars.
I only read novels now.

Now keep telling me how you have no examples to give because you are retarded and a butthurt gaymer.

Wait
>Windows 10
Nevermind. I don't think i have to say anything to you anymore.
The rest of /g/ will probably swarm this thread to call you a cuckfaggot right about now.
>>
b-but what if my waifu is from a game?
>>
>>54493540
BLOWN
THE
FUCK
OUT
>>
>>54494721
>Tries to prove he is not a weaboo
>Posts is filled with weaboo references

Nice work
>>
>>54494678
>He is japanese, so almost certainly an otaku too.
All gaymers are otakus too. If they ain't jerking to Jap gayme characters, they are jacking off to WoW elves and those furry shit.

But since you want to talk about degeneracy. Whole of East Asia makes about 0.01% of the Global furry community. And most furries are for some reason from Germany.

Keep talking though bra.
>>
>>54494721
>The rest of /g/ will probably swarm this thread to call you a cuckfaggot right about now.

The same way pretty much everyone called how much of a retard you are for this post >>54493540 ?
>>
>>54494759
The fuck are you talking about
>>
>>54494749
>tries to prove he is not a gaymer
>post is filled with an accurate knowledge of exactly which period's gaymes he can't run and which he can in sum with his (other) computer

Nice work.
>>
>>54494780
So, acording to you, only gamers know about computers? do you even know which board you are at the moment?
>>
>>54493540
Bronze tier gaymen faggot detected.
>>
>>54494796
Roll
>>
>>54494764
>The same way pretty much everyone called how much of a retard
You mean the way "everyone" who posted grasped onto the same excuse we have just proven is incorrect since weeaboos and gaymers are almost equally virgins? Except ones are less cancerous since they keep their shit contained while the others go all gaymergate on the world?
That's nice.
>>
>>54493540
Can we all just stop talking for a moment to appreciate how fucking stupid this stupid weaboo is?
>>
>>54494816
So according to you, non-gaymers magically have the autistically specific knowledge of what gaymes their computers can run and from which period, despite being non-gaymers who shouldn't care in the first place and shouldn't even know that detail?
Do you know how retarded you sound?
>>
>>54494845
It'd be more convincing if, along with your post, the IP number in the thread also increased.
It's been stuck at 42 for quite some time now.
>>
>>54494853
Ok your whole post made no sense at all

However here is a reply, i want you to keep replying to me.
>>
Games
Local Storage
Future proofing, most of my better builds last well over 5 years my last one went from 2009-2014
>>
>>54494871
...are you really keeping track of that?

So not only you are a weaboo, but autist too.
Not unexpected tho
>>
>>54494826

We aren't debating who is more cancerous, but who is more pathetic.

Also, here in 4chan weeaboos are more cancerous than gaymers by a far margin, flooding every thread with their waifus.

In the real world, i have to agree that the gayming scene is pure cancer.
>>
>>54494923
>here on a weeaboo site, weeaboos are more cancerous than gaymers
KEK
>>
>>54494923
>We aren't debating who is more cancerous, but who is more pathetic.
Too bad you didn't give any compelling argument that doesn't make them look equally pathetic.
>>
>>54494955
*le i ran out of arguments response*
>>
>>54494978
*le i don't know which site i'm on response*
>>
>>54493190
Music editing, really now? I run full symphonic libraries with processing on a 2 year old 999$ machine.
>>
>>54494994
That doesnt make sense at all
>>
>>54495016
You are on a technology board, not a technology site.
The site is a weeaboo site, where weeaboos are the main intended audience.

If you want a technology site, go to LinusTechTips forums. It's the perfect place for someone like yourself.
>>
>>54494994
>4chan is a purely Anime based website guys!!!

Do i really need to post that picture of every board shown and the ones who are about anime and the ones who're not?
>>
>>54495042
>The site is a weeaboo site, where weeaboos are the main intended audience

I'm afraid this isn't 2004 anymore.

Sorry but your "anime website" died years ago.
>>
>>54495043
Yes. You are going to have to post that picture of that gay forum that happens to have sub-forms for other hobbies and interests gays may have, but which are not intended for the general audience of those hobbies.

Just like every board you post is not intended for the general audience, but for weeaboos, on a Japanese site, run by a Japanese man, run on East Asian servers, based off a Japanese site.

>>54495086
>Sorry but your "anime website" died years ago.
Because you said so?
Every poll that happens on /g/ and other boards in regards to that proves otherwise. You can start your own poll right now if you want. Just don't go crying back out of butthurt.
>>
>>54495042
Nope, this is an imageboard with multiple boards which have multiple purposes.
If you want to talk about your weaboo shit go to /a/, if you wanna talk about the newest super awesome fps go to /v/, but this is a technological board.
It isnt that hard.
>>
>>54495116
Yes, this is a technology board. A board. On a weeaboo site.
Now, if all Japanese culture boards were wiped, you'd have an argument.
But it is a technology board for weeaboos interested in it, on a weeaboo site.
If you want a technology board friendly for the general non-weeaboo audience,
LinusTechTips forum is that way >>>>>>>>>
>>
>>54495139
Your precious weaboo board where you can talk about your imaginary girlfriends and cartoons is that way >>>/a/
>>
>>54495179
Your precious safespace from weeaboos is that way >>>https://linustechtips.com/main/
>>
>>54492800

Maximum autism. Probably trying to save on his mother's power bill too.
>>
>>54495139
>But it is a technology board for weeaboos interested in it

>"4chan is a simple image-based bulletin board where anyone can post comments and share images. There are boards dedicated to a variety of topics, from Japanese animation and culture to videogames, music, and photography. Users do not need to register an account before participating in the community. Feel free to click on a board below that interests you and jump right in!"

Sorry but i can't seem to find where it says that weeaboos are the main audience.
>>
>>54492949
See
>>54495147
>>
Developing and testing video analysis software.
>>
>>54495218
You can find it in the fact that anything that is Japanese, owned by a Japanese, and has boards especially dedicated to Japanese culture,
is a weeaboo site. Not to mention that it is based off a weeaboo site and run by a weeaboo, in both cases.

Now please, out you go: >>>https://linustechtips.com/main/
>>
>>54495254
If that was the case, all of the boards would be weaboo based, which is not.
So please, go >>>/a/
>>
>>54495283
The site is weeaboo based, so it is only logical that all the boards are based to cater towards weeaboos interested in them,
which is the case.

So please, out you go and don't let the door slam you on the way out: >>>>>>https://linustechtips.com/main/
>>
>>54495254
So basically you are saying every single board on here is weaboo based? even /k/, /diy/, /lit/, /news/, etc... ?

My god, weaboos for real are delusional.
>>
>>54495327
So basically, you are saying that every single board on a weeaboo site isn't created to cater to weeaboos interested in it?

You are quite delusional son. Why don't you go and report the dpt thread for starting with a weeaboo image. Can't wait to see the result.
>>
My CPU itself cost $1k
>>
>>54495327
>weeaboos can't be interested in weapons, diy, literature (novels are posted there ya dumbfuck), news and such

That's some fine mental retardation there chap.
>>
>>54495254
>owned by a Japanese
Which was sold to him by an American man
>and has boards especially dedicated to Japanese culture
And also has other boards dedicated to other topics, also the most "popular" board is /b/ which has nothing to do with Anime
>and has boards especially dedicated to Japanese culture
Just like it has boards dedicated to cars, sports etc.
>Not to mention that it is based off a weeaboo site
Moot copied the design because he was a lazy faggot.
>run by a weeaboo
Again, sold to him by jewkins because he needed more shekels.

now please go to
>>>/a/
>>>/jp/
>>
>>54492674
Server.
/Thread
>>
>>54495388
Are you that stupid? theres a reason why there are different board with different purposes.
You go to /k/ if you are interested in weapons, and yes, you can be a weaboo too but if you wanna talk about your weaboo shit you do it on /a/
>>
File: 1368695825581.png (7 KB, 862x131) Image search: [Google]
1368695825581.png
7 KB, 862x131
>>54495393
>Which was sold to him by an American man
Who was a weeaboo.
>And also has other boards dedicated to other topics, also the most "popular" board is /b/ which has nothing to do with Anime
Surprise surprise, weeaboos have other interests than just anime and mangoo
>Just like it has boards dedicated to cars, sports etc.
See above
>Moot copied the design because he was a lazy faggot.
He could have copied any other design or site, but he decided Japanese. Quite telling, now wouldn't you say?
>Again, sold to him by jewkins because he needed more shekels.
You don't know how to read, do you?
>in both cases

Now please, out you go >>>https://linustechtips.com/main/

>>54495427
Are you stupid? A different board doesn't change the main audience of the site.
That's what you go to a general site for.
You are on a weeaboo site, and you can't do anything about it.
That's why i'm giving you your safespace: >>>>https://linustechtips.com/main/
>>
>>54495116
Only most weeaboos post anime pictures but their comments are on topic. And besides one containment thread (desktops) they assimilate well into discussion on other topics. The only time I've seen off topic weeaboo threads was when the mods were asleep for line 30 min. On the downside they typically have more tripfags which is annoying as hell.

Gaymers are maybe less pathetic IRL (honestly though it's a toss up) but they are more annoying than weeaboos on /g/ because they make tons of stupid threads like speccy threads and BST threads. These threads might be slightly related to technology but they were given two boards already on which to discuss their gaming rig setups. Also the constant MS shilling is probably due to v-tards as well. In short if rather share the board with some weeaboos than since Gaymers but ultimately I don't get to decide that and neither does anyone except the mods so we should just shut up about it.
>>
>>54495467
>Who was a weeaboo

Who grown up of Anime long ago, like you should do too Anon.
>>
>>54495513
Given the year of that post is 2013, and you can still see moot posting weeaboo shit these days,
i'd say you are quite illiterate and mentally retarded.
But that's ok. There is a safespace for retarded people like yourself.
It's called the Linus Tech Tips Forums. You should check them out :3
>>
>>54495474
There are more than 2 weaboo dedicated boards so thats no excuse to be a faggot on the rest of them.
>>
>>54495532
>:3
>>
>>54492674
games and photo/video editing mostly. Doesn't hurt for software development either
>>
>>54495532

Moot abandoned Anime years ago, he said that he watched maybe 1 show like 4 years ago.

He's 27 now. Do you really think a 27 year old man with a respectable job can watch any kind of Anime?
>>
>>54495658
Are you saying that people with jobs don't have hobbies and that your definition of an adult is based on hobbies rather than independent operation?
Adults with respectable jobs and over 35 years old also watch capeshit movies, which are for all intents and purposes as retarded and cringe inducing as anime. Your narrowminded idiocy should stay hidden.
Moot also watched the Terra Formars anime, if you cared to follow any of his social accounts.

But i digress. A weeaboo is someone who is interested in Japanese culture, which is not limited to Anime, and certainly isn't something most figures will show IRL (ergo the stupidity of you projecting your sad life onto what you think is the norm).
>>
>>54495554
Again if weebs discussed their favourite anime here I'd agree with you, but if someone responds to threads on topic and has a random anime reaction pic I really don't see the problem. And they have one unnecessary thread on here, Desktop, which they typically stay contained in.

Speccy threads, Windows threads and BST threads are the cancer of /g/. Especially the Windows 10 shill threads.
>>
>>54492742
Why pay more for something that's exactly the same if you don't have to? Rich people aren't constantly blowing their money on stupid shit, otherwise they wouldn't be rich.
>>
>>54495791
$2000 for a computer isn't a lot when you consider many people spend tons of money on huge TV's, sound systems or nicer cars. Not to mention the people who buy a new smartphone every year, or buy useless tech like tablets. I just think it's funny that people whine about how much people spend on desktops when they seem fairly benign to some of the stuff others spend disposable income on.
>>
>>54495885
What are credit cards?
>>
File: heh.jpg (88 KB, 759x936) Image search: [Google]
heh.jpg
88 KB, 759x936
Video games. I just bought pretty much all of this except for the video cards.
>>
Mine cost 2000 aud includimg monitor and peripherals.

Hd7970 and Fx8350 have held up so far and i havent seen less performance from either, nor have newer gens of cards been that impressive.

I think computer parts are at a standstill for now honestly, do buy last gen for cheap if you can
>>
>>54495910
The point is normies spend tens of thousands of dollars or more on a new car, which probably has to be financed over a couple of years, for what? A rearview camera? A better sound system and GPS? The only real performance benefit is slightly better gas mileage. Meanwhile a $2000 computer can max out any game, play 4k video and will run any resource-intensive program easily. Not to mention being comfy as fuck due to speed. So yeah, I don't really get why people would consider it a bad investment.
>>
File: danmaku1.jpg (141 KB, 576x576) Image search: [Google]
danmaku1.jpg
141 KB, 576x576
>>54493540
>>54493384
>>54493595
>>54493748
>>54493860

What about otaku gamers?
>>
File: 1462669168593.jpg (310 KB, 545x408) Image search: [Google]
1462669168593.jpg
310 KB, 545x408
>>54492674
Virtual
Machines
>>
>>54495940
I don't normally use Windows myself and I've been thinking of maybe getting a new computer and getting Windows, but what's the difference between getting that Windows licence key for over $80, which seems to be the Home Edition, and getting the full / pro edition from eBay for £10--£20? Does that version you're getting include something else?
>>
>>54493959
Really depends on your skill set and level of "workflow"/work intensity.
2000 is good starter but.u could also work on a mbp level spec
>>
>>54496332
One's trade routes has been 100% legal while the other was perhaps not, if I had to guess.
>>
>>54493949
Thanks for that I never thought about the relation. I also drive a modified car. all of the PC has a lower cost of Entry. I have parts on my car that cost more than my PC
>>
File: Kill_everyone_in_this_thread.png (30 KB, 353x296) Image search: [Google]
Kill_everyone_in_this_thread.png
30 KB, 353x296
>Board devolves into redditors discussing weebs' virginity

This is what happens when you let normalfags in.
>>
>>54496584

Found the weeb
>>
>>54496613
Upboated
>>
>>54496657
Downboated
>>
File: image.png (80 KB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
image.png
80 KB, 750x1334
4chan is a website for anime. The extra board are for when anime fans want to be random, talk about weapons, or be racist.

The first boards were Japanese culture and random. Then moot added extra boards. The board names (with an exception of a few) are named after the Japanese word for the board name. /g/ = pic related.

So anime, and a complementing hobby/interest.
Here's how it works.
An anime fan, a weeb. Comes to 4chan. He decided he wants to talk about guns, so he >>>/k/. Then another anime fan wants to talk about tech, so he >>>/g/.
>>
>>54495885
>comparing a computer to a car
>>
>>54496072

Master race
>>
File: 1432619669839.png (20 KB, 390x470) Image search: [Google]
1432619669839.png
20 KB, 390x470
>>54496826
>The extra board are for when anime fans want to be racist.
>>
>>54493540
Hi. I didn't read this.
>>
>>54496919
A new computer has tangible benefits and newer features over an older one. A newer car isn't significantly better than an older one besides better gas mileage and a few new electronic gimmicks.
>>
>>54492674
>Got a job
>Current rig is getting out of date, upgrading part by part is useless so I mind as well build new one
>Budget: 2-3k
>Gtx 1080/1070 announced
>SLI 1080 or 1070
>I7-6700k + water cool
>Modular 650w PSU
>16gb DDR4 ram
>No dvd-rom/bluray those things are useless now, at least for me
>2 x 1tb SSD
>2tb HDD
>Full tower HAF

That being built, I don't need to touch it for the next 5-6 years. And by that time, I could afford another 3k computer out of fucking no where.

PERKS OF HAVING A HIGH-INCOME JOB.
>>
File: miek russ.jpg (156 KB, 1367x768) Image search: [Google]
miek russ.jpg
156 KB, 1367x768
>>54492674
>>
>>54497467
>2 x 1tb SSD
>>
>>54496826
>are named after the Japanese word for the board name
That's cool I didn 't know that
>>
>>54492674
>>
File: 4chan boardnames explained.png (52 KB, 652x480) Image search: [Google]
4chan boardnames explained.png
52 KB, 652x480
>>54496826
>>
Compiling Gentoo, of course
>>
>>54493247
You could just lie though. The only people who'd care enough to try and verify the claim, are exactly the same sort of people who would want to lie, to try to impress strangers on the internet too. Most people don't give a shit, and probably don't even bother reading these long-winded, loser-biography signatures. I know I don't.
>>
>>54493540
Good fucking god, this. This board has been utter trash for years, but it has gotten worse due to this shitty fucking /v/ infestation.
>>
>>54493265
>Proper GPUs that cost over $2000 like Quadro and FirePro series GPUs, cost that much for good reasons.
Do these do anything fancy other than double precision floats? If you just wanted to do something like graphics rendering, you could probably just use gaming GPU.
>>
>>54495099
>4chan server's are only in Japan
>>
>>54493578
lol. retard. yours is overpriced because you got less computational power per dollar than something that would have been the same price.
>>
>>54492674
Multiple large monitors, rendering, the current level of "HD" gaming, programming, video editing, "moar cores moar gooder"
>>
>>54495012
I know a few guys who end up with crazy adapter cards and other hardware. Adds up really quick. Before you say that isn't part of the computer, I could claim neither is the separate video card and more than one hard drive.
>>
File: 123243453124.png (218 KB, 443x301) Image search: [Google]
123243453124.png
218 KB, 443x301
>>54498095
>this whole explanation
I wonder how many people have been trolled by that
>>
>>54496826
/g/ - guro
/g/ - loli
Were the better versions of the board
>>
File: Pool-Break.png (665 KB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
Pool-Break.png
665 KB, 1280x800
>>54492674
>>
>>54502177
Trolled? What in that picture is inaccurate in any way?
>>
>>54505672
/b/ /n/ /k/ and /d/ are wrong
>>
File: 1428474654000.jpg (9 KB, 209x233) Image search: [Google]
1428474654000.jpg
9 KB, 209x233
>>54493384
they're obnoxious and overcompetitive
they think being an "enthusiast" means spending bucketloads of money on your shitty "rig" and blogging it everywhere
they think everything is about speed and throw tantrums over trivial gains and losses in worthless synthetic benchmarks
they're generally mediocre half-asses who get triggered at the idea of putting effort into anything but framerates
they cover the board in boring posts full of forced memes and shitty FUD that contributes nothing to a conversation
but really what's worst is that like >>54493540 said they think being a gamertard means they know shit about technology

it's like listening to an "I fucking love science"-tier retard who's never heard of an arxiv preprint spewing romanticized shit about space trying to look smart
>>
>>54496826
/g/ was guro you dumb newfag shit.
>>
>>54492800
Would have thought this was a joke until i seen the leather jacket and unkept hair. God help us all
>>
>>54501934
Also error correction and certified drivers. It's easy to think of it this way:
Consumer cards emphasize on speed
Workstation cards on quality and correctness
>>
>>54492674
To do what you can't on your welfare rig.
>>
>>54492674
O well I run multiple VMs on my PC, develop software, play games, watch movies, archive all my photos, documents, scans, have my company's backups as well

Some of these things are priceless if the other copy is destroyed for some reason
>>
>>54492800
>new Logitech logo
>810 keyboard

Thats fucking recent, lads.
Thread replies: 209
Thread images: 23

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.