[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/fglt/ - Friendly GNU/Linux Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 43
File: 1454821455874.png (20 KB, 300x461) Image search: [Google]
1454821455874.png
20 KB, 300x461
Previously on: >>54365039

Welcome to /fglt/. We are always open to users of all levels, including absolute beginners.

There are four ways to try GNU/Linux, you can:

0) Install a GNU/Linux OS on a VM (Virtual Machine/VirtualBox) for "safety purposes"
1) Use the Live ISO directly without installing anything, that way, you can get a "full GNU/Linux experience".
2) Dual-boot GNU/Linux with Windows/Mac (recommended if you want to learn more about GNU/Linux)
3) Go balls deep and overwrite everything with GNU/Linux

Before asking, please search for answers to your questions in resources.

Please be civil, notice the "Friendly" in every Friendly GNU/Linux Thread.

Understand that much of your software from Windows will be unavailable, although maybe WINE can make up for it.

IRC connection details:
Server: chat.freenode.net:6667 (no SSL, 6697 for SSL) - Channel: #flt
If you don't have an IRC client (which you should), go to https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.freenode.net/flt to use IRC on a web client.

Visit the Friendly GNU/Linux Thread/Website:
http://fglt.nl/

Resources:
man <insert command here>
Your friendly neighborhood search engine (searx.me, ixquick, whatever)
https://wiki.archlinux.org/ (Most of the configurations and troubleshoots will work on various distros, including Debian)
https://wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Category:GNU/Linux
https://wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Babbies_First_Linux
https://prism-break.org/en/categories/gnu-linux/
http://linuxcommand.org/tlcl.php
>>
File: 1461662636486.png (97 KB, 655x711) Image search: [Google]
1461662636486.png
97 KB, 655x711
Reminder.
>>
How do you install programs locally so that you don't need root?
>>
I just noticed there was a new /fglt/ thread, I'll copy paste my question from the dead one:

If my objective is programming, reading pdf/djvu/chm/epub/mobi, instant/online messaging (like Skype and IRC) and casually listening to music and monitoring my hardware what would be essential software to have?
>>
>>54387718
totally root-free:
install to your home dir
chmod u+x $FILE

install as root, execute as normal user:
install to somewhere (/opt/whatever is a good choice)
chown :$YOUR_USER_GROUP $FILE
chmod g+x $FILE
>>
>>54387757
Do you want GUI software or stuff for the terminal?
>>
>>54387775
to find out your own group:
id (as normal user), look for gid=x
>>
>>54387718
For debuntu you can do
apt-get download <packagename>
and then just unpack the .deb that just got downloaded with
dpkg -x <packagename>*.deb
. You may need to prefix that dpkg call with fakeroot if it complains about not being able to set permisions. Also you might need to set LD_LIBRARY_DIR to the lib/ path of the unpacked things too. Oh then you need to worry about dependancies...

Honestly probably easier to make a chroot with fakeroot. Or just use something othogonal like NixOS packages. Or be root all the time :^)
>>
Is it possible to run an old version or a newer version of a package/program next to the default package? I guess I'd need it's requirements, but how to set this up? On Windows I'd just download 2 different versions and run then, but on loonix?
>>
>>54387844
What distro are you using (regardless the answer is probably no).
>>
>>54387777
Terminal or ncurses-based (I guess that's the terminology if it's not forgive me I'm still learning) but it can be GUI if it's the only alternative.
>>
>>54387854
Debian unstable.
>>
>>54387757

>programming
this needs a thread itself
>ebooks
calibre supports every little ebook format, but I personally prefer mupdf
>messaging
weechat for irc
everything but skype, mumble is nice
>music
depends on your needs
my personal suggestions:
gui: deadbeef
curses: mpd+ncmpcpp or moc
>montoring
conky is like rainmeter, but it's a better idea to use a panel like lemonbar, but for this you need scripting knowledge
the essential for a quick task manager-like overview is htop
>>
So OpenWrt is forking. https://www.lede-project.org/
There is more of their rational in the IRC meeting notes but it looks like their plan is to make the LEDE project a more general embedded linux solution and OpenWrt will become a networking focussed "flavour" of the LEDE project.

They talk a lot about stakeholder involvment on IRC but the openwrt founder was posting on HN saying this was the first he had heard of it and one of the lede devs was saying he was going te stop contributing to openwrt so I hope it works out.

Personnally I looked at openwrt/buildroot-ng everytime I had to develop a platform for a new board at dayjob but it always looked so opaque and ad-hoc. Having a focus on more general embedded development will hopefully mean more docs and streamlined remixing support. Hopefully they can give openembedded/yocto a run for their money because I hate that bloated shit.

Thoughts? Does this look like a disrespectful shortsided fork or a well intentioned effort to make buildroot-ng all that it can be?
>>
>>54387861
you can manually install the newer version to something like /opt (not using the package manager for the newer version)

or, you can build your own package with a different location in the filesystem (like /usr/bin/program-version) and install that package

in both cases, you can use update-alternatives to switch between versions

in both cases, you'll probably also want to adjust the location of config- and logfiles
>>
>>54387861
No. You can roll back with a bit of effort but the only way to run two versions would be to use a chroot or container.
>>
>>54387933
>use a chroot or container
Where can I read more about this?
>>
>>54387861
Oh yeah, or like >>54387929 said just unpack (dpkg -x) and hope the deps haven't changed too much. Maybe run as different user would be the easiest way to use seperate config files.
You can get older versions from snapshot.debian.org.
>>
File: 1439367045628.jpg (10 KB, 468x114) Image search: [Google]
1439367045628.jpg
10 KB, 468x114
>>54387958
>>54387933
>>54387929
Thank you all for help.
Have some rare internet in return.
>>
>>54387946
Here is an example of manually making a chroot for debian https://wiki.debian.org/chroot
A chroot basically means the kernel makes it look to any programs running in that chroot that the top directory is actually /, so that means that /lib will resolve to /srv/chroot/stable/lib or whatever so it just isolates stuff from you main system.
On that debian page they use debootstrap to make a whole other debian install (sans kernel and grub) into a directory and then you can chroot into that. Of course you loose you mounts like /proc and /sys and /dev so you have to screw around with bind mounting them into the chroot.
There are programs that help with managing chroots anyway, I used to use schroot when I played around with this stuff.
>>
Why some icons doesn't change to custom ones on panel? I'm using XFCE4.
>>
File: 1447842635077.gif (40 KB, 100x75) Image search: [Google]
1447842635077.gif
40 KB, 100x75
>>54387990
Merci. I'll check this out.
>>
>>54388008
Probably because you didn't install icons for these programs.
If this is about numix icons, install numix-circle icons in addition to numix icons
>>
File: Hexchat_Logo.svg.png (48 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
Hexchat_Logo.svg.png
48 KB, 480x480
I'm trying to use HexChat on Ubuntu 16.04, but it's very strange. Doesn't HexChat have the hability to connect to more than 1 server, or join more than 1 channel? I can't!
>>
>>54388026

But the new icon is showing on applications menu.
>>
>>54388039
Could you show us the folder you put the icons in, which icon theme and the icon/appearance settings?
>>
>>54387874
Awesome! Thank you.
>>
>>54388035
XChat (which HexChat was forked from) can do all of that, so I don't see a reason why it shouldn't.

For Servers: Network list -> connect, repeat
For Channels: Server -> join a channel, repeat
>>
>>54388083
What?
I connect and join using commands!
>>
>>54388064

I'll use mpv and deluge as examples.
Icon theme is ultraflaticons.

Deluge icon is fine, it shows on applications menu and when I alt+tab but mpv only shows the correct icon on applications menu, when I alt+tab it shows the default one.
>>
>>54388035
open a new tab
>>
what's the linux equivalent of cubic explorer? I tried double commander and didn't like it.
>>
File: 1460835110572.png (594 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1460835110572.png
594 KB, 1024x768
Today on GNU/TV:

>Libreplanet 2016, Edward Snowden (Prerelease Video)
mpv http://media.libreplanet.org/mgoblin_media/media_entries/357/snowden-prerelease.webm
>>
>>54388373
>GNU/TV
that should be a thing already.

with media goblin
>>
One of the recent Firefox revisions fucked with the file picker and they got rid of the Recent Files bookmark/places thing and I'm so mad. Is it possible to put it back? Right clicking provides no useful options.
>>
>>54387687
What's the easiest way to password protect a folder / file?
>>
retardproof guide to setting up a mail server on debian/ubuntu?
Got as far as installing roundcube, but I can't create accounts or log in.

Do I need ldap, or something?
>>
>>54389247
I already have other stuff set up so iredmail won't work right.
>>
Who has -currently- better drivers:
AMD or Nvidia?

Or is that not an issue anymore?
>>
I have a fedora install that I want to install a wifi driver on.
It has no internet connection though, so I can't get build dependencies.

What's the easiest way to download everything I might need to build the driver?
>>
Where can I download the low latency kernel for buntu 16.04?
>>
how to use sed to rename a file name which a lot of %20 in it with _ instead
is sed the right tool
>>
>>54390011
You could use sed, but rename is a more appropriate tool
rename %20 _ filename
>>
>>54389227
Umm... compress and encrypt it with 7zip? Do you want a normal folder that you can view and access but no-one else can? Do you care about root viewing it too? because if not just
chmod go-rwx ~/myprivatefolder/
>>
>>54389434
nvidia. From complaints on here some amd cards don't seem to be supported by their drivers.
>>
>>54389434
Free: AMD
Proprietary: Nvidia

Although it really depends on the GPU used. There is also the new AMDGPU driver, but I haven't tried it myself, so I can't really comment on it.
>>
>>54387844
chroot, but you're looking for something simpler probably
>>
>>54389915
Not sure there is a binary package. Why do you want it?
This page says "based on the -generic kernel source tree, but uses a more aggressive configuration to further reduce latency" https://help.ubuntu.com/community/UbuntuStudio/RealTimeKernel and points to https://bitbucket.org/thismaechler/ubuntustudio-14.04-realtimeaudio/src/2694b72f21fecb00150593c53e3e13cd804d3fda/HOWTO?at=master
So presumably you need to grab the normal ubuntu kernel source (eg apt-get source linux-image-amd64) then run those config scripts on then build and install.
>>
Anyone know where I can read up on which paths are commonly used in desktop environments and their functions?

I would have assumed to be part of the freedesktop standard, but can only find XDG prefixes.

What I mean by that for example is, where it is standardized (more or less) that /usr/share/icons contains icons, that I can overwrite/add my own in ~/.icons instead of in ~/.share/apps/icons etc.

I'm just a bit confused.
>>
>>54390034
that works but only for the first %20 in the file name
>>
how do I bluetooth on linux?
>>
>>54390371
read the man page. there are lots of modifiers. like g for global subs.

rename 's/%20/_/g' yourfile
>>
Just made space for a babby's first GNU/Linux partition.
>a-are you proud of me, /g/?
First reply decides distro.
inb4 install gentoo
>>
>>54390689
funtoo
I'm not even kidding.
>>
>>54390450
rename: not enough arguments

sorry anon need more halp. man pade is ridiculosly small. i think it a pearl rename but im not sure
>>
>>54390689
I'm starting to wish I'd done that instead of just installing it on a different hard drive. Probably would've run faster on my ssd.
>>
>>54387990
>>54387946
>>54387933

look into systemd-nspawn
>>
>>54388286
Hm... This does not appears to be sufficiently h4ck3r l33t.
>>
>>54389033

You probably finally got the GTK3 version. Mine still has the recent files and for bookmarks, just add your folder manually amongst the "normal" locations.
>>
I want to use parallel to convert multiple audio files at once. What would I have to change in this little function for it to work? I assume I have to get rid of the for loop first.

convert() {
if [ ! -f *.flac ]; then
echo "No FLAC files in directory"
exit
fi

mkdir "mp3"
for f in *.flac; do
ARTIST=$(metaflac --show-tag=artist "$f" | cut -d "=" -f 2)
ALBUM=$(metaflac --show-tag=album "$f" | cut -d "=" -f 2)
TRACK=$(metaflac --show-tag=tracknumber "$" | cut -d "=" -f 2)
TITLE=$(metaflac --show-tag=title "$f" | cut -d "=" -f 2)
DATE=$(metaflac --show-tag=date "$f" | cut -d "=" -f 2)
GENRE=$(metaflac --show-tag=genre "$f" | cut -d "=" -f 2)

flac -dc "$f" |
lame --cbr -b 320 -m j --noreplaygain -q 0 --id3v2-only \
--ta "$ARTIST" --tl "$ALBUM" --tt "$TITLE" --ty "$DATE" --tn "$TRACK" --tg "$GENRE" \
- "mp3/${f%.flac}".mp3
done
}
>>
>>54390836
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Convert_Flac_to_Mp3#Parallel_version
>>
someone got a transmission-cli config file handy?

just need a starting point
>>
>>54390836
replace xargs with parallel wherever it appears.
>>
>>54390884
enter localhost:9091 url in you browser
>>
>>54390712
Ok.
I will try my best and probably shit up the thread with stupid questions.
>>54390753
Yeah it's better this way.
Was a pain in the ass because Windows claimed the entire drive for itself and put system files all over the place so I couldn't shrink its 250 GB partition by more than 15 GB. Had to do a fresh install.
>>
>>54391249
>I will try my best and probably shit up the thread with stupid questions.
Just follow the install guide, it's all documented there. If you don't want to spend time doing it though anything should be fine, it's all the same shit essentially, just repackaged.
>>
What options should I be adding to my fstab if I have a SSD? Should I be adding those options to the swap partition?
>>
>>54390836
find . -type f -iname "*.flac" | parallel -j $(nproc) ffmpeg -i "{}" -c:a libmp3lame -b 320k "{.}.mp3"
>>
Anybody else had this problem lately?
guake was fine not showing tray icon like I told it to. Then a few days ago it updated and has been showing tray icon in spite of being told not to.
So noob question: what is wrong and how to fix it?
>>
>>54390836
Why 320 CBR? Use V0 instead
>>
>>54391249
>Windows claimed the entire drive for itself and put system files all over the place so I couldn't shrink its 250 GB partition by more than 15 GB
use ntfsresize in linux, it can move "system" files
>>
>>54388373
does the echo stop?
>>
What are some good small projects to improve your sysadmin skills? So far I can only think of maybe building an active/passive drbd cluster with a db running on it.
>>
>>54391675
it does around 22m
>>
>>54387687
I am about to install Xubuntu. Any advices?
>>
>>54391815
Make sure you use lots of lube
>>
>>54391755
nevermind it comes back...
>>
>>54391829
Why?
>>
File: ba-logo.png (27 KB, 410x479) Image search: [Google]
ba-logo.png
27 KB, 410x479
>>54387687
hi noob here and just installed gnome gdm on arch and getting login loop. login comes up i login starts to work then login screen comes up again.

I was told to look at logs but not sure where that log is or the name of the log. i see a few in my home directory?

*pic eventually related
>>
>>54390742
You can use rename --urlesc which changes all %20s to spaces
>>
>>54391992
also
i ran the command journalctl -e -u gdm

and all get are lines of ~ at the end it states

May 04 23:41:42 arch-vb systemd[1]: Stopped GNOME Display Manager.
>>
>>54391992
maybe arch is too much for little old you, if you don't even know where the logs are, or how to find them
>>
>>54391992
just install fedora
>>
>>54391992
arch logs are located /var/log/
>>
File: 1461006761818.png (423 KB, 477x480) Image search: [Google]
1461006761818.png
423 KB, 477x480
So I decided to make my old PC usable again for torrenting or something at I could kill my time.
>CPU is Athlon 1500+
>x86 kernels from popular distros don't want to cooperate with it
How long would it take to compile gentoo on it?
>>
so I set up Gigolo through SSH but I don't seem to have write access to the PC I'm connecting to. How do I fix that?
>>
Are there any drawbacks to hibernating and cutting the power instead of shutting down and cutting the power?
>>
>>54392622
Hibernation is hit or miss in Linux. Just power it off.
>>
>>54392241
Compiling gentoo probably wouldn't help your case.

But not long. Just do genkernel all and it will be done in a few hours. Install a lightweight wm like openbox + tint2 for speed. For torrenting you might like something like rtorrent or deluge.
>>
>>54390884
https://trac.transmissionbt.com/wiki/EditConfigFiles
>>
>-- Build files have been written to: /home/pi/dlib-18.18/tools/python/build
>Build using cmake . . .
>[ 1%] Building CXX object dlib_build/CmakeFiles/dlib.dir/base64/base64_kernel_l.o
>error: cmake build failed!

Anyone have an idea why my Raspberry pi won't let me install dlib?
>>
>>54392732
so it either works or doesn't work? that sucks.

would be nice if I could easily keep my second workspace's state.
>>
File: Untitled.png (21 KB, 667x389) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
21 KB, 667x389
>>54391992
>>54392092
>>54392106
>>54392112

hi friendly looked around the logs, even used terminal root to acccess locked ones, but im lost. so which log do i look at and what am i looking for?

i did try lxdm when gdm wouldnt work, but went back to gem
>>
>>54392921
Yeah, from my own experience hibernation worked in 4.3 but stopped working in 4.4. I haven't tested 4.5 yet but you get the idea.
>>
>>54391524

I started my collection in 320kbps, before I realized that v0 is just "as good". Having half of it in 320kbps and another in v0 feels weird. Gotta keep it consistent.
>>
>>54392622
I've been hibernating every night for the last few years (since i got a new mobo didn't suspend right), reboot every month or so for new kernel. Up until a year ago I had fs corruption every few months (couple of unlinked inodes on ext4) but other than that it's been perfect, ymmv
>>
hullo, im very new to all this so excuse any ignorance

ive been using kubuntu on my school laptop just because i didnt want win10 and picked a very user friendly distro

however, i noticed KDE may be too much for this poor little AMD E1 cpu/gpu combo thingy.. i was wondering if Xfce or Cinnamon would be better? and how would i go about installing either of those/getting rid of KDE..

thank you! also i am in IRC if its easier to help me that way
>>
>>54393178
You should be keeping your collection in FLAC and converting to put on your other devices when you need to
>>
>>54392415
nevermind I was trying to write in root instead of home
>>
>>54393123
You might want to read this
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Systemd#Journal
>>
File: opdelivers.jpg (75 KB, 294x312) Image search: [Google]
opdelivers.jpg
75 KB, 294x312
>>54393123
this is my xorg log if any anons can help

http://pastebin.com/CEiX7xn2
>>
>>54393193
have you tried looking up "kubuntu uninstall kde" and "kubuntu install xfce" in search machines?

in debian at least it's as simple as # apt-get install xfce4

just know that xfce can be a bit problematic if you try hooking up another monitor to your laptop. you may run into problems if you do that.
>>
>>54393193
Use XFCE
Just download and install Xubuntu from the iso
you could install XFCE through the package manager but all of that KDE stuff will be left behind so it would just be cleaner to do a fresh install

sudo apt update ; sudo apt install xubuntu-desktop
>>
If i want to run my stick and have it keep all my data on the usb (so i can switch computers whenever but plug in the USB and have my computer) how should i do this?
>>
>>54393123

Using GDM for anything but GNOME is ridiculous. LightDM is "lighter" and isn't tied into GNOME as GDM.
>>
Linux noob here. What Linux variant is the best for programming and doing machine learning work in? I plan to dual-boot with Windows 8.
>>
>>54393535
Oh, and I also want a fairly large shared partition (~50 gb).
>>
>>54393535

>asking the moronic "what's best" question
>just trusting any random answer on this subjective matter
>not knowing that the distribution won't matter for his "requirements" since he can install everything on any distribution
>dual booting, which means he doesn't really need it and will only boot into it once every fortnight to play around a bit in a terminal typing "ls -l"
>>
File: indie-circle.jpg (27 KB, 600x401) Image search: [Google]
indie-circle.jpg
27 KB, 600x401
>>54393123
>>54393321

pasted journal of current boot. if any anons can help me find login problem?

http://pastebin.com/S1YJfscc
>>
>>54393563
Except I will really need it. It's such a massive pain installing whatever Python/machine learning library I need on Windows (try installing Tensorflow or the full scipy stack) that I'd rather do my work in Linux.
And it's not like I'll blindly trust a random answer posted here. I just want another opinion.
>>
>>54393420
excuse me having a stroke mid typing

If i want to run Arch on my 64GB USB stick and have it keep all my data on the usb (so i can switch computers whenever but plug in the USB and have my "computer") how should i do this?
>>
So I have an Arch system using a GeForce GT 610 with nouveau drives, I installed a new GTX 750 TI and on boot it couldn't start X, digging through the journal error chains lead to and error "unknown chipset NV117".

Do I need to install the proprietary nvidia drivers? I think I read somewhere that the GTX 750 TI should work out of the box with nouveau.

Some googling mentioned something about updated the kernel by passing the new card, but I'm too scared I'd break X for good.
>>
>installing confluence on a redhat
>run start-confluence.sh
>get a "its werking" message
>it doesn't werk

fuck
>>
>>54393737

https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=208720
>>
File: Untitled.png (786 KB, 977x728) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
786 KB, 977x728
>>54393123
>>54393321
>>54393585
>>54393427

lightdm is running woohoo
>>
What else can I do to secure my SSH server other than using certificates, disabling password login and changing the default port?
>>
>>54394160
remove the shell of every user?
>>
>>54394003
what's this?
>>
>>54394264
arch with lightdm
>>
>>54394244
Wot? I migrated 3 weeks ago so still new to this shit.
>>
>>54394283
can i install it on ubuntu mate?
>>
>>54394003
ok i was able to get it to run, so thought would shut down and retry. loaded original login terminal???

check if lightdm is-enabled -no
ran: systemctl enable lightdm and failed: file exist.

do i need to remove a file or reset something for lightdm to autoload?
>>
>>54394160
Yeah disable password login
Use ssh keys and maybe only allow certain users to login.
>>
>>54393624
Any distro willhave roughly the same packages, and python has its own package manager anyway. I'd recommend debian or fedora, which I'd also recommend for almost any other use case
>>
>>54394315
systemctl enable lightdm.service -f

is-enabled YES :)
>>
>>54394160
You've done plenty, any more is pretty much snake oil

you might want fail2ban to stop bruteforcers (but see the above: this is to reduce log spam rather than to provide security)
>>
>>54394307

Are you wondering what his GUI is? That's Gnome 3... Lightdm is the login manager not the desktop environment
>>
>>54394360
I've done that too.

>>54394488
I set up fail2ban a few days ago and tested it from my phone over mobile network and it seems to werk.

I think my next biggest issue is file permissions because I don't know fuck all about it. I have rsnapshot and a few syncs set up and to make it easier all my data has read/write access to everything and everyone which is pretty retarded but werks.
>>
/g/entoomans im installing linux for the first time, and i'm torn apart between desktop managers, im looking for something that looks nice and i can rice it. Also how similar to arch is Antergos?
>>
File: 0101010.jpg (27 KB, 715x720) Image search: [Google]
0101010.jpg
27 KB, 715x720
Very new here, I would like to move from windows to GNU/linux (not sure what distro) but my job requires the entire Adobe suite, is there any hope for me using GNU/linux? I'm under the assumption that it's pretty impractical.
>pic unrelated
>>
>>54394283
Idk, possibly im just a noob starting off myself
>>
So what are the benefits of using Slackware over say Xubuntu? I've used Arch btw so I can install it without problems.

I want to install a new distro on my T420 for the summer but I'm not sure exactly what to install.
>>
>>54393178
>2016
>not using Opus
Do it now, OPus will replace mp3 and oga soon.
>>
>>54391249
>>54391275
Well I warned you guys about dumb questions.
I want to dual boot from a single drive.
Windows already takes up two partitions (system and that annoying 100MB partition).
I need three more (boot, swap, root) if I understand things correctly.
Since it uses an MBR partition table I'm not supposed to create more than four partitions, right?
Wat do?
New windows install and avoid the extra 100M partition?
>>
>>54394523
>my next biggest issue is file permissions
I see, what is this server for then? Or, who?

>>54394679
When you say your job requires, what exactly do you mean? Does your workplace not provice a computer?

>>54394556
Install gnome, kde, and random other wms. Then when you want something that just werks for a bit you can go back to gnome. Also lots of the gnome tools are handy to have installed, especially if you're new.

>>54394745
>OPus will replace mp3 and oga soon.
What do you even mean by that?

>>54394734
>Slackware over say Xubuntu
Pretty much none
>new distro on my T420 for the summer
I usually install BSD for my suymmer distro, it's nice to play with when I don't have to be able to get work done
>>
>>54395035
Which BSD flavor values security over the rest again? I've forgotten. Also doesn't BSD have somewhat outdated packages, say compared to Debian?
>>
>>54395035
>When you say your job requires, what exactly do you mean? Does your workplace not provice a computer?
No i'm self employed, I don't really want two computers either
>>
How can I change audio output drivers in the cli?

Xfce's mixer won't let me change to my HDMI output driver. Weirldy enough, I can set some switches there which at least allow mplayer to function with my HDMi audio. However I can't use it to set the HDMI as audio out systemwide.
>>
>>54395075
OpenBSD. I typically get a couple of installer usbs handy for when I find out that my wifi driver isn't supported or whatever. I'm currently using DragonflyBSD, which installed with full disk encryption fine first time. Previously it has installed fine but failed to boot properly. Conversely I've had good experiences with pc-bsd but root encryption was too much hassle to set up so I went for dragonfly instead.

I don't use debian but I'm under the impression it has very old packages, but I wuoldn't say BSD has particularly old packages compared with any other OS.

>>54395081
Dual boot anon, then you can boot the computer to windows for work and GNU/Linux for everything else.
>>
Why the linux foundation exist ? What are they doing ?
Their courses doesn't seems that great (you could just learn somewhere else) and they don't do shit to promote linux properly.
>>
>>54395279
People take courses to use Linux? Huh?
>>
>>54395309
same way people learn windows
https://mva.microsoft.com/product-training/windows-server#!lang=1033
>>
>>54395309
CompTIA Linux+
>>
could someone explain to me how to set 2 keyboard layouts in xorg so what i could somehow switch between them with simple key combo, I'm too dumb to understand what is writen in arch wiki.
>>
My xfs raid array is at 75% fragmentation and suffering performance loss.
I have used xfs_fsr to defrag it, after about 2 hours,it completes but it still isnt being defraged using xfs_db after running it.
What is going on here?
>>
>>54394958
Welp I broke my Windows and the only bootable USB I have right now is this Funtoo one.
Guess I'm going in head first.
>>
The new software centre is total GARBAGE. It doesn't even work and it's a fucking LTS.
>>
>>54394556
Antergos is Arch, it's just an installer the same as Architect
>>
>>54395793
Get rid of it. The software center was never good. Install synaptic. Also install apturl so the software center doesnt load when you click on an apt:// link.

Instead of synaptic, you can also just do

apt-cache search firefox
apt-get install firefox
apt-get autoremove firefox
>>
Hey guys. I know there are some system variables like $BROWSER $TERM $PAGER $EDITOR etc, how can I see all of them?
>>
I'm trying to bind a key in readline so I can do in bash SHIFT+ENTER to send sudo !!. Pls help.
>>
>>54395949
I don't know how to do that, but you can just set an alias instead. A funny one is from this tweet:
https://twitter.com/liamosaur/status/506975850596536320?lang=de
alias fuck='sudo $(history -p \!\!)'
>>
File: androidpycharm.png (30 KB, 567x248) Image search: [Google]
androidpycharm.png
30 KB, 567x248
Anyone know how to properly create a Desktop Entry for Jetbrains IDEs?

I have IDEA, Pycharm, and Android Studio installed, and I created a Desktop Entry for all of them so that I wouldn't need to constantly launch them via Terminal.

Whenever I launch Android Studio or IDEA though, GNOME shows that it's Pycharm that's open -- not Android Studio or IDEA.

Pic related. I have Android Studio open right now, but it is shown as Pycharm being open. Also, whenever I right click on the app shortcut and click "Show Details", it says in the Software Center
>Could not find "jetbrains-studio.desktop"
But when I do the same for Pycharm, it shows Pycharm in the Software Center. When I do the same for IDEA, it shows IDEA in the Software Center.

For what it's worth, this is the contents of the Pycharm Desktop Entry
[Desktop Entry]
Version=1.0
Type=Application
Name=PyCharm Community Edition
Icon=/home/Thinkpad/Programs/pycharm-community-2016.1.2/bin/pycharm.png
Exec="/home/Thinkpad/Programs/pycharm-community-2016.1.2/bin/pycharm.sh" %f
Comment=Develop with pleasure!
Categories=Development;IDE;
Terminal=false
StartupWMClass=jetbrains-pycharm-ce
StartupWMClass=sun-awt-X11-XFramePeer

Contents of the Android Studio Desktop Entry
[Desktop Entry]
Version=1.0
Type=Application
Name=Android Studio
Icon=/home/Thinkpad/Programs/android-studio/bin/studio.png
Exec="/home/Thinkpad/Programs/android-studio/bin/studio.sh" %f
Comment=Develop with pleasure!
Categories=Development;IDE;
Terminal=false
StartupWMClass=jetbrains-studio
StartupWMClass=sun-awt-X11-XFramePeer

>StartupWMClass=sun-awt-X11-XFramePeer
Without this, there would be two icons for the selected application: the Desktop Entry shortcut (Pycharm, IDEA, or Android Studio), and the active IDE window (Pycharm, IDEA, or Android Studio).
With this, there would be only one icon for the selected application, but it also lumps the selected application into the wrong shortcut.

Thanks in advance.
>>
>>54395912

printenv

Takes 3 seconds to look up on the internet.
>>
>>54396312
Thank you. Pls no bully.
>>
>>54387687
I can't run steam. It says "you have held broken packages"
>>
>>54396409
With the following:
You are missing the following 32-bit libraries, and Steam may not run:l ibc.so.7
>>
>>54396427
libc.so.6
>>
>>54395438
Well I'm not so dumb after all, after reading for the 10th time managed to make 2 switchable layouts, but now another problem arrised for me.
I3 mod key + number row key combo to switch workspaces doesn't work anymore. How could I solve this?
>>
File: june242.gif (24 KB, 366x506) Image search: [Google]
june242.gif
24 KB, 366x506
Has anyone here taken Novell Certified Linux Administrator? Is it worth it? Is it hard?
>>
For some reason my PC still just crashes when I boot from a linux disk...
>>
>>54395035
>I see, what is this server for then? Or, who?
Just me really. I have a folder on my desktop machine thats synced to the server regularly and use rsnapshot to backup my raid10 to my LVM backup drives.

If I need something when I'm away I either SSH into it or use webmin to grab or change what I need.

It's a simple as fuck set up but I remember getting into issues because some of my data I wanted to backup had permission issues so I ended up just fucking getting rid of all permissions out of frustration.
>>
File: richard-stallman.si.jpg (25 KB, 690x388) Image search: [Google]
richard-stallman.si.jpg
25 KB, 690x388
>>54396873
You're welcome
>>
is it really so hard to install AMD drivers on linux?
I just wanna be able to scale my screen
>>
I am running KDE Plasma 5.6.3 and generated this xorg.conf: https://gist.github.com/anonymous/c740a7f7174631e34606a6c72cc77fb6

I made sure that it generated two screen sections, so I could ultimately set ForceFullCompositionPipeline for both screens to prevent tearing. However when I apply this configuration KDE only recognizes the HDMI screen and refuses to display on the DVI screen.

However X definitely does recognize it, since I can even move my mouse there. "Display and Monitor" in system settings only displays my HDMI screen.

Any ideas?
>>
>>54397663
This is my old one, which works: https://gist.github.com/anonymous/833d099383c57b502df47f767e62fe23

Both screens are recognized and properly displayed in KDE. But apparently I need to define it as a single screen in my xorg conf for KDE to handle it.

I wanted to change the configuration to enable ForceFullCompositionPipeline for both screens, since my second instructions seems to go ignored.
>>
>>54397649
Easy to install,but drivers are shit
>>
>>54397663
Using this configuration and running xrandr tells me my DVI-0 is disconnected.
>>
>>54397649
You mean your resolution?
How about using xrandr?
Maybe you need amd-firmware-nonfree or something. It's not hard and the foss drivers aren't too bad.
>>
>>54397663
>>54397715
>>54397770
I managed to fix it. I removed the additional superfluous device section, removed the screen entries from each device and configured both screens to use Device0. Then KDE seems to be happy.
>>
File: 49599788_p2.jpg (28 KB, 400x565) Image search: [Google]
49599788_p2.jpg
28 KB, 400x565
I want to try a tiling window but which one?
>>
>>54398114
i3
>>
>>54398114
moksha
>>
File: Bob.jpg (335 KB, 480x1713) Image search: [Google]
Bob.jpg
335 KB, 480x1713
>>54388446
THIS
>>
>>54398114
>>54398139
i3 agreed
the docs are good and the whole thing is configured in a pretty easy to understand way
>>
File: 1461961699338.png (401 KB, 680x396) Image search: [Google]
1461961699338.png
401 KB, 680x396
>>54398114
>>54398139
>>54398234
>pressing 50 buttons for the sake of being "leet haxxor kool" instead of moving your mouse 2 inches and 1 click
kek
>>
>>54398256
>taking your hands off the keyboard to use the mouse when you could just quickly press a simple key combination
what's wrong with you m8
>>
>>54398256
>50 buttons
i can launch any application in <4 button presses
I can perfectly divide my screen between things with <4 button presses

i never move my hand to my trackpad its nice, doesnt break my flow when i want to switch to another window
>>
Have a right hand ps1.
PS1='\[$(tput sc; printf '%*s' $COLUMNS "\A"; tput rc)\]$ '
>>
File: 1431021534633.jpg (49 KB, 412x350) Image search: [Google]
1431021534633.jpg
49 KB, 412x350
>>54398291
>not having 72 keybinds on your mouse to do various things with left set of modifiers+ tab and tilde

>>54398308
>any application
Button assignments for vairous used programs on mouse.If not(though all needed programs are launched on startup) 2-3 letters in dmenu

You're not always typing 100% of the time,dont even give me that bullshit
Having left hand on keyboard + right hand on mouse.Way better then any other combonation
Argue MUH WORKFLOWWASSASZ, but you're not always typing
>mUH KEYBINDS
>>
>>54398256
>>54398420

>he uses a mouse non-begrudgingly
>he posts le_smug_anime_face.jpg

Checks out.

Mouse use is basically a gateway drug to weaboo degeneracy.
>>
File: 1456977947572.jpg (99 KB, 723x691) Image search: [Google]
1456977947572.jpg
99 KB, 723x691
>>54398493
>>
>>54398114
i3 for babbies first tiling
awesome for extreme ricing if you know how2Lua
bspwm for god tier tiling
pytyle for de/wm inependent babby tiling
wmutils for de/wm independent hacker tiling
grid.sh for de/wm independent tiling via wmctrl

I guess there's also a pasta on the thread's website. Check the OP.

>>54398420
>I can't remember shortcuts
Just say it like it is.
>>
>>54398531
>having to remember shortcuts for basic functionality
Nah nigger i didnt drink the kool aid
>>
>>54398550
KDEfag spotted
>>
>>54398531
Bspwm has a nice api, but that's about it.
It is slow as fuck and the gaps are pointless (especially since there is no difference in x and y direction)
I mean KDE uses less resources than bspwm.
>>
>>54398610
>>I mean KDE uses less resources than bspwm.
lolwut, you're funny
>>
>>54398577
What are you talking about? KDE is one of the few desktops where it is possible to not use the mouse at all.
But having mouse support must mean you use it constantly right?
>>
>>54398639
You are not considering CPU a precious resource?
Then go ahead and use your poorly implemented piece of shit.
>>
>>54398682
I don't know what went wrong when you set up bspwm, but it's a fucking WM, a window manager, and one of the lightweight ones. You're telling me it takes more ressources than the literal king of bloat "KDE"?
>>
File: 1442643263276.jpg (597 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
1442643263276.jpg
597 KB, 1600x1200
I'd just like to say that I love all of you.
Please never stop posting this thread.
For me it's the last good thread on /g/ and the only reason I still come back to 4kids.

Have a rare stallman.
>>
>>54398733
Yes.
I have tried kwin and bspwm on my computer.
Kwin is a lot faster, uses less CPU and offers more features than bspwm.
Have you tried to resize a window with bspwm?
Move it to another screen?
I even had tearing when I watched a video on the damn thing.
Besides I spend less time setting up kwin than I do setting up bspwm so the whole tiling thing is pointless to me.
>>
>>54398577
>fluxbox just werx
>>
Could someone on arch please post the results of echo $LS_COLORS ?
>>
>>54398844
I think bspwm was too much of the big leagues for you. It's very light on resources. Top uses more cpu than it. Picking a manual tiling wm for your first is stupid.

>offers more features than bspwm
I don't think you understand wm configuration. The advanced configuration isn't just ticking boxes and changing values in a text file, it's writing scripts to do thing you want it to do. So in this case the only problem with bspwm is between the keyboard and the chair.

>the whole tiling thing is pointless to me
Stick to DEs, please.
>>
what distro for a really old thinkpad T43 1gb ram pentuim 1.73 ghz
>>
>>54395949
Shift+Enter is difficult to bind.
My solution for Alt+s:
bind '"\es": "sudo !!\n"'

Bonus: run man for the current command without deleting the line like on zsh
bind '"\eh": "\C-a\eb\ed\C-y\e#man \C-y\C-m\C-p\C-p\C-a\C-d\C-e"'
>>
>>54399470
Every distro runs on every toaster.
You could easily just install noobuntu on it if you want. But if you really aim for a lightweight distro, go for Arschlinux.
>>
>>54399441
I get an empty line as output. Arch in a VM on gnome-boxes, if that makes a difference
>>
>>54398114
My current favorite is herbstluftwm, but I'm trying out bspwm.

i3 is the most popular. But it's man pages are pretty bad, you have to read the documentation online. Awesome is good if you know lua, pointless if you don't. It's a myth that you can rice awesome more than any other.

The arch wiki has a comparison between them.
>>
>>54399470
Debian netinstall + Lxde or any wm
>>
>>54399470
>>54399547

running this on an x200. my battery life has dropped off to 3rd world tier tho compared to it's previous life as an ubuntu machine... any ideas?
>>
>>54399541
>It's a myth that you can rice awesome more than any other.
I don't like awesomewm because of the bloat, but I used it before and one thing it really provides: rice. There are tons of extentions and plugins. For rice beginners with lua knowledge I'd definly recommend it.

If your subtext is about that you can rice every other wm the same way, you're right.
>>
>>54398818
If RMS every comes to my city, I want him to sign my shorts too.
>>
Whats a good pleb linux distro for a school thinkpad that will only run firefox, anki, libre office, etc? If Ubuntu, should I be concerned about the privacy problems?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CP8CNp-vksc

Im about to replace an hdd with an ssd, but I dont want to deal with cracking the windows key or any of that drama. Im thinking Linux may be an easier, and fun, alternative.
>>
>>54399697
I’d just like to interject for a moment. What you’re refering to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/LInux, or as I’ve recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called “Linux”, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine’s resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called “Linux” distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.
>>
File: 1443571789080.png (306 KB, 593x540) Image search: [Google]
1443571789080.png
306 KB, 593x540
>>54399979
oh ok.

so....

whats a good pleb linux distro for a school thinkpad?
>>
>>54400052
dumb cuteposter
>>
>>54400052
Fedora 23 is wonderful, close to upstream, unmodified and respects software freedom while still providing proprietary software through rpmfusion and the like. I recommend it wholeheartedly
>>
>>54400052
>>54399697
Fedora GNU+Linux (NetInstall) or Trisquel Linux-Libre (NetInstall)
>>
>>54400052
Gentoo. Ignore the memes. It's easy to install and the best Linux OS you can get.
>>
>>54400150
>>54400134
Fedora looks cool. Trisquel looks straight up sexy.

https://trisquel.info/
>>
Ok. Memes aside. What's going on with the Fedora shilling. What does Fedora provide? What even justifies it's existence next to selling itself with buzzwords? Literally nobody I know is using Fedora. Why people on /g/ keep recommending Fedora? I never see any screenfetches with Fedora running? What the fuck is going on?
>>
>>54398818
surprised he's a righthander. strikes me as a southpaw.
>>
File: dreagonSquadFaAsFuck.jpg (413 KB, 1280x1222) Image search: [Google]
dreagonSquadFaAsFuck.jpg
413 KB, 1280x1222
I have linux binaries, tar.gz, after extract there are few folders, /bin, /include, /lib, /share

Readme does not say anything about how to install.

What am I suppoused to do in this kind of situation?

Copy /bin to /bin and /lib to /lib
Or use ln -s
?
>>
>>54400211
No idea, but I've also a question: Why does Redhat keep ignoring the free software movement (naming it Linux instead of GNU/Linux), but as far as I can see, Fedora has a pretty stickt policy denying non-free software?
>>
>>54400211
well, long before rolling releases where all the rage, Fedora was -the- distro for bleeding edge software. Red Hat has some influence in the Fedora community and it's employes work on many upstream projects, like Gtk and Gnome. That means you get the software as soon as it's stable and not as soon as someone gets around to updating the ppa, and you get it without any branding or changes.
If you've ever read the horror stories of patched libraries on Ubuntu which make using Unity on other distros such a hassle you will be able to appreciate this hands-off approach
by now these two articles about trying Fedora 16 are hopelessly outdated, but the writing style still conveys the feeling you might get from Fedora, that it's simply professional:
http://mark.orbum.net/2011/11/09/heading-uptown-to-see-fedora-linux-a-tale-of-science-secret-agents-and-corporate-war/
http://mark.orbum.net/2011/11/11/fedora-16-isnt-ruthless-underneath-it-all-it-just-needs-some-love-and-understanding/
>>
>>54400266
If you don't say what's in the archive, we can't help you.
>>
>>54400309
Thank you.
>>
>>54400211
Fedora is the new Mint.
>>
To uninstall XFCE I just need to run

sudo pacman -Rs xfce4 xfce4-goodies

?
>>
>tfw learned what Ctrl+Alt+F1 does today
>>
so I was about to use clonezilla to back up and restore my drive for tomorrow, but I ran across something pretty concerning
http://drbl.org/faq/fine-print.php?path=./2_System/23_Missing_OS.faq#23_Missing_OS.faq
this basically says the restoration can fuck up without much you can do about it, but it says this is when the image is restored to "another machine"
so if i back up and restore the same machine, will i not encounter this problem? or is it more likely just a figure of speech.
>>
>>54400562
Nice archivement.
Reminder that you can also use this to start a second desktop session and run, let's say i3 on tty2 while running kde on tty7.
PS: dumb cuteposter
>>
>>54400562
Nice chibiusa.
>>
>>54400134
>>54400150
What exactly is the difference in Trisquel and Fedora besides the DE?
>>
>>54400624
Trisquel is based on ubuntu and 100% free software, FSF approved, so that means your wireless drivers won't work etc.
They have different package management.
>>
>>54400666
Wireless drivers are pretty important to me.
>>
>>54400666
>FSF approved, so that means your wireless drivers won't work etc.
nice meme, furthermore kill yourself
Works perfectly fine for me. My drivers are well supported.

>>54400666
>They have different package management.
Nope. You clearly have no idea what you're talking about. Just stop posting.
>>
>>54400717
>>>>54400666#
>>They have different package management.
>Nope. You clearly have no idea what you're talking about. Just stop posting.
ignore this, I'm a faggot: here you're right, apt works differently
>>
>>54400770
>>54400717
I was joking with the wireless drivers thing. It's just that I always here people complain about them, and I know free distros have it a bit worse. When I migrated to parabola I had no problems with drivers.
>>
>>54400850
Alright, keep in mind I am total pleb to linux so I cant tell when you are making a joke or if you are serious
>>
>>54400870
Just try one out and if it doesn't work try another. Don't spend days trying to fix something.
>>
>>54400549
Probably a bunch of other crap as well, look in to package groups in pacman, might be easier.
>>
File: aaaa.jpg (29 KB, 500x442) Image search: [Google]
aaaa.jpg
29 KB, 500x442
Is there a good hidden way of installing a linux distro directly on a virgin partition from a windows host ?
>>
File: 1431342260106.jpg (75 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1431342260106.jpg
75 KB, 1280x720
>>54401115
I’d just like to interject for a moment. What you’re refering to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/LInux, or as I’ve recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called “Linux”, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine’s resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called “Linux” distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.
>>
File: 480px-Totem_logo.svg.png (101 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
480px-Totem_logo.svg.png
101 KB, 480x480
On Ubuntu 16.04, why can't I uninstall Totem, the default video player that came with the OS?
Fuck, I don't care about it, I only want to use good old VLC.
>>
File: Untitled.png (3 KB, 1319x40) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
3 KB, 1319x40
Ok. Let me get some questions answered.

I really want to switch from Windows 10 to a Linux distro.

My only problem is that the title bar in all windows in Linux, like Firefox doesn't let the tabs go all the way to the top of the window in Linux, even with a custom theme.

Pic related/
>>
>>54399674
More of a reason not too.He has no diginity.
>>
>>54387687
I have been running a Debian VM for a good 3 months and now want to make it my main OS. The problem is that I like all my configs that I have set on this VM. Is there a way that I can clone this OS and put it on my new partition after installing Debian?
>>
>>54400549
sudo pacman -Rsc xfce4
>>
>>54401300
Linux doesn't provide title bars or windows. Linux is just a kernel of the GNU operating system. Since the GNU system is shipped in distributions with many different DE's, it's useful to tell us what distro you are using and what DE you are running, maybe there's a soltution.

>>54401362
It's possible, but you shouldn't do it. Instead, (on GNU everything is a file) start collecting your config files and replace them on a fresh install. If you don't know the location of some configs, there are the commands "whereis" and "locate" so you can search for them or use "man program"; most config paths are mentioned there.
>>
>>54401300
Desktop thread can help
Oh wait
>>
>>54401433

mint, because im a beginner
>>
>>54401458
Desktop thread was good 5 years ago when people actually were friendly and shared their configs.
>>
>>54401300
You can remove the title bar in most window managers. In awesome, bspwm and so on, by default they are disabled (or don't exist).

>>54401362
You can set up a shared folder between the guest virtual machine and the host.
>>
>>54401491

are they in mint? if so, how do i resolve it?
>>
>>54401300
>I really want to switch from Windows 10 to a Linux distro.
Congratulations.
>>
>>54400971
Yeah I guess I will just play around on virtual machines before I settle on one.
>>
File: 1451494077017.png (36 KB, 256x232) Image search: [Google]
1451494077017.png
36 KB, 256x232
don't 404
>>
>>54399629
>I don't like awesomewm because of the boat
Does it really?
>>
>>54401953
It's basically a fork of dwm, which is below 1mb default. Well, like awesome is nice for Luafags, dwm is for Cfags only.
>>
>>54401362
If you create a ext4 partition copy everything from your vm rejoice m remove the persistent udev rules and update your bootloader or install grub you should be sweet
>>
>>54401433
You are a cum gurgler
>>
>>54401953
awesome is like systemd of wms. It manages windows, built in panel and notification system and so on. But of course these are features.
>>
File: 1459453249456.jpg (999 KB, 1200x1600) Image search: [Google]
1459453249456.jpg
999 KB, 1200x1600
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 43

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.