[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How the fuck do programmers in their 30's deal with posture/back
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 190
Thread images: 19
How the fuck do programmers in their 30's deal with posture/back pain issues? The ONLY way I can manage to sit comfortably for long periods is in the slouching position (pic related).

Whenever I try to sit up straight and fix my posture, this puts a such strain on my upper back that I can't sit that way for more than an hour without getting tired and needing to lay down...
>>
Exercise,retard
>>
It's called lifting.
>>
>>54307275
When your employers all offer you gym benefits, you're supposed to use them.
>>
>>54307275
By exercising, if you're already having pain you might want to get a standing desk (there are some you can adjust to standing/sitting position whenever you want) and start exercising asap
>>
>>54307290
>>54307302
>>54307310
This. You need to strengthen your core musculature, specifically the back as those are usually neglected. Also, work on your posture, sit up straight. If it's uncomfortable for you to do that that's a urgent sign that your core musculature is lacking severely.
>>
File: 1461994684771.jpg (111 KB, 767x770) Image search: [Google]
1461994684771.jpg
111 KB, 767x770
lumbar support
>>
I ride a road bike frequently, it has given me back strength
>>
>>54307358
>>54307356
/thread
>>
>>54307358
A curved spine is the devil's roller-coaster
>>
>>54307358
is that shit even good for your spine? shouldn't it be more straight?
>>
You're wrong everyone. Including Bike McFaggot.

There is not ONE good position. The secret is to not stay in the same position for longer times.
>>
Standing desk.
(then my plantar fasciitis kicks in fml i was not built to live)
>>
File: 1460602200916.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1460602200916.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
Just work out and stay physical like this guy.
>>
>>54309334
why is he peddaling with his arms?
>>
>>54309348
He's a pro
grammer
>>
>>54307275
>mfw sitting up as straight as possible in my chair has me in a less severe version of that pic
If I don'y use the back of the chair then I can sit up straight, but seriously fuck this chair
>>
>>54307275
5 minute walk every 40 minutes
>>
Pullups
>>
A lot of people at Amazon have standing desks
>>
>>54307275
Good chairs actually will settle you into good posture
>>
>>54309628
Worthless bullshit. Standing for hours at a time can be just as bad for your posture as sitting poorly for hours at a time.
>>
>>54309192
This and only this.

>hurrrr l-lift weights

Is the typical argument, bottom of the barrel brotip of the average teenager with insecurities issues. Lifting weights will not help you. We're not made for sitting, especially not for long period of times. If you sit for long period of times, you're fucked, even if you run, lift, swim after it, the damage is done.

So don't sit for long period of times or buy a sit / standing desk and use it.
>>
>>54309636
>0.50$ were deposited in your Herman Miller & Associates account

There's no such thing as "good chair" since sitting isn't good.
>>
>>54307356
>core
>>
>>54307275

My problem with any gesture after sitting too long is that my pants/boxers become too tight for my balls.
>>
File: image.jpg (849 KB, 2592x1936) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
849 KB, 2592x1936
Companies probably wont buy you a 24/7 use control room chair unless its your job to sit and never leave. I got mine because I have a natural tendency to slouch and look like shit.
>>
>>54309743
Are you retarded?
>>
>>54309661

This. It seems like nobody on /g/ ever heard of varicosis.
>>
>>54309779
No, but only retards use the word "core" when describing physiology/exercise.
>>
>>54309724
Then you a standing desk you hippy
>>
>>54307275
Deadlifting, daily walks, and stretching.
>>
>>54309810
Not him, but what are you supposed to call it?
>>
>>54307275

moved monitor to bed

monitor is now HDTV

very big

have bluetooth keyboard mouse

all connected to laptop on docking station\

when i play big hollywood PC game, i do steam in home streming from gaming PC to laptop

works great

very impressed
>>
>>54307275
Thankfully I'm a masochist.
I also like to use shit software.
The field is perfect for me.
>>
>>54307275
Go to the gym and do compounds
>>
>>54307275
I'm only 26, but I've no idea how you can sit like that, if I don't sit straight with proper back support, my back hurts.
>>
>>54309693
>don't go to the gym, just kill your knees instead: the post
>>
>>54309953
>i'm a retard and don't understand that sit/standing desk are used to sit/stand, meaning sitting for 20 minutes and standing for 20 minutes

Fucking retard. Do you think you have to stand for three hours straight because you have a sit/stand desk ?
>>
>>54309984
You're the retard. He still has to sit at some point in his life and according to you the "damage is still done." Not exercising is bad advice that could only come from a complete idiot. Muscles overdevelop and lead to problems of their own if not balanced with complimentary lifting or stretching.
>>
>27
>already severe neck pains, of course my work would never buy me a half-decent chair
disgonbgud
>>
Go to a fucking chiropractor you mongs.
>>
>>54307275
>he fell for the programming meme
kek
>>
>>54307275
I have lots of mirrors in my house so when i walk by one i see this tall slouching guy starring back at me and he reminds me to stand up straight.
>>
I play golf so my back is pretty robust, it definitely helps me keep good posture.
>>
>>54309334
what the fuck

actually this would be useful to me
>>
>>54309775
how is that shit
>>
>>54309334
that's fucking sick
>>
>>54307275
Staying thin makes a huge difference.
>>
>>54307275
You need to start exercising

You should see about getting a sit/stand desk at your office if possible

You need to get up and walk around at least once an hour, sitting for hours at a time is never good for you

If the chair you have at work is trash, request or buy yourself a better chair

If your work will not provide you with better equipment to suit your needs, allow you to buy your own equipment, or you cannot afford your own equipment, get a better job
>>
>>54310761
what constitutes a good chair
>>
>>54309334
>FWD
Enjoy your understeer
>>
>>54307275
Start wearing a corset, it'll keep your back straight for you :3
>>
>>54309334
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_V1wxMUyoBI
This is a much better concept.
>>
>>54310796

good lumbar support and comfortable
>>
File: dxracer-oh-fd01-n-2_1024x1024.jpg (30 KB, 714x714) Image search: [Google]
dxracer-oh-fd01-n-2_1024x1024.jpg
30 KB, 714x714
i'm thinking about buying a meme chair when i can afford it, they look like they promote good posture
>>
>>54309833
not him, but maybe by the names of the actual muscles that are supposed to be trained?
>>
>>54307290
>>54307302
This. I lift 4x a week and sit like OP related and never had any posture problems. Deadlifts done properly will help your posture and I do face pulls 2x a week at the end of my workouts for posture. I have great posture because of this.
>>
>>54311117
What if a grill sees it?
>>
I lift, and I tend to sit up more straight now since my muscles support me. It's pretty cool. Being more fit really makes a lot of physical activities easier. Who would have known.
>>
File: fox.jpg (364 KB, 700x467) Image search: [Google]
fox.jpg
364 KB, 700x467
kettlebell swings, body weight squats

takes 20 minutes 3x a week. It doesn't build muscle or burn many calories. I do it solely because when I stop my back will ache so bad I can't sit for more than an hour or two at a time. I herniated a disc in my back in my mid/late 20s. Now I'm 31 and if I don't stick to this routine I'm fucked.
>>
>>54311166
>a grill
>in your masturbatorium
>kek
>>
Squats, deadlift, and lumbar support.

Speaking of lumbar support. I drive a Hyundai Genesis Coupe and that car has wonderful lumbar support. If I'm ever constipated I just sit back in it for a while and I can drop the stinkiest dump that's been festering for 3 days. Lumbar support is a wonderful thing desu
>>
>>54311243

H-h.. *takes deep breath after the exhausting task of breathing* HEALTH AT EVERY SIZE S-SHITLORD
>>
Get a trackball now. It will solve so much wrist strain in the long term.
>>
>>54311153
There are dozens of muscle groups that you need to train. That's why its often simplified as "core". Basically everything on your torso and back. They're all equally relevant. And the phrasing of "core" is wildly accepted.
>>
File: 44431.png (776 KB, 961x678) Image search: [Google]
44431.png
776 KB, 961x678
>>54311625
>get a trackball its better for you wrists

yeah if you're a wristlet, lmao. Start lifting weights, benching heavy will strengthen your wrists and you won't need gimmicks like a trackball.
>>
>>54307275
Do some fucking squats you fat fuck
>>
>>54309882
poop in loop
>>
>>54311679
>wildly accepted.
wildly retarded*

name me the muscle groups then so i can google some plan on training them
>>
>>54311625
Should I get the thumb-operated one or the standalone?
>>
>>54307358
>people actually buy into the lumbar meme

Your spine was designed to bend as needed, within limits. Lumbar support just weakens your spine to any bending that isn't what their chairs give you.
>>
Stop looking for an easy way out fantasy and excercise. I too am a fantasy and am suffering from numb head when I sit for a long time. I am getting back into exercising focusing on lifting.
>>
>>54311055
Kill yourself
>>
>>54310029
Read what he said man Jesus /g/ I have to write replies like this all the fucking time, just read and try to understand before saying bs.

He said sitting for long periods is damaging, not sitting in general.

He didn't say excersize is bad he just said it is not particularly useful on this situation.
>>
>>54311914

google core training
>>
>>54313667
no need if you jsut name me them here
>>
>>54313686
please leave /g/ now. you are beyond retarded
>>
File: 1457749219128.jpg (139 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
1457749219128.jpg
139 KB, 720x960
Excersise to keep your core strength up.
Get up and walk around at least once an hour.
Good chair.
Chiropractor.
>>
>>54313740
wow man thanks... that really hurts you know
>>
>>54309693
Same with standing.... Threadmill desk is the only solution
>>
>came for a soloution
>quit thread halfway down cuz so many hurrr-durrrr bullshit
>gonna carry my backache for rest of life still better than reading 13ish bullshit posts...
>>
Try the standing desk meme or get up and walk around a bit every hour or so.
>>
>>54313297
My nigga
>>
>>54308692
No, your back is supposed to be shaped like an s, otherwise just walking would be a jarring experience, think about it.
>>
>>54308692
google it and find out moron
>>
>>54309334
this is like twice the excise, pretty op
>>
>>54311117
>memechair2016
>>
>>54311166
Tell them it was an extra seat from your track car
>>
>>54307358
That spine is upside down. How has no one said something?
>>
>>54312878
Chairs are not good for your back anon
Reclining is where it's at
>>
There's a reason most enterprise office equipment costs far more than any consumer gear. If you're working from home, look forward to investing 800+ in a chair, and be grateful it's not more.
the Aeron office chair by Herman Miller is a good starting point.
Honestly, practicing good posture is crucial. It sounds like one of those dumb things you were supposed to do as a child, but it's probably one of the best things you can do for your future self.
Get up every hour or so, even if just for a minute.
Stretch on your lunch breaks (you're supposed to do it every couple of hours).
Adjust your desk/chair height properly.
Adjust your monitor height properly.
Either lose weight, or use an ergonomic keyboard. If you're too fat, you aren't going to be doing any favors to your wrists if you're typing. I mention weight because too many of my colleagues are obese as fuck, and constantly complain about wrist pain. They aren't lining their wrists up correctly due to having their arms at such an extreme angle.

Also, doing a job in the morning helps. I know this sounds like more than you probably want to do, but it's the tradeoff required for working an office job. I was in the military for 8 years as a sysadmin and can tell you that nobody, not even my superiors, had back pain, wrist pain, or neck pain. We all exercised in the morning, practiced good posture, and maintained a healthy diet.
My current coworkers have no work ethic, or anything close to healthy posture. Most are overweight, most are going to cost the company money in worker's comp, and most are probably going to have shit posture for the rest of their lives.
>>
>>54314226
>Also, doing a job in the morning helps
jog*
>>
>>54307275
sitting up straight is not a position you should be holding for long periods of time. the best position is actually shown in your picture, notice the wider than 90 angle. it takes the strain off your back. recline

ergonomics is mostly a scam science to sell weird chairs and standing desks to offices, also to sell massage and chiropractic service. there is not a single position that you can hold for 8 hours a day without fucking up your spine and/or circulation

I only use a laptop to program because I need to move around frequently and change positions. if I even use a chair I'll sit in it cross legged or kick my feet up on the desk. If anyone is bothered they can eat a dick, you can pay me to program but you can't pay me to destroy my body

My inability to sit straight isn't because of weakness or bad posture, I am very athletic, eat big get big (c'mon), etc.
>>
>>54309348
training for giving intense blowjobs
>>
>>54311683
RSI has nothing to do with muscle strength.
>>
>>54307275
>tilt chair back 30 degrees
>enjoy life free of back pain
>>
>>54314446
He wasn't talking about only muscle strength. Lifting strengthens all parts of the system, bone, muscle, ligament, tendon, vascular system, lymphomal system. Look at people with chronic RSI, none of them are fit.
>>
>>54310941
>FWD
It's AWD with manually on the fly configurable torque splitter.
>>
>>54309693
>it's either A or B, there's no in-between, durrr

Or you could just, you know, lift weights AND not sit in the same position for too long AND take a few minute break every 45-60 minutes?

Having a strong back from lifting weights is certainly better than having a weak back.
>>
>>54311082
I can't take this seriously.
>>
>>54309953
What part of >>54309693 and >>54309192 didn't you understand? Just don't stay in one position for too long. Of course strength training is good. But it's not a magic bullet.

>>54313822
>fagmill desk
No.
>>
File: HARAM.jpg (36 KB, 600x449) Image search: [Google]
HARAM.jpg
36 KB, 600x449
>>54314403
>I'll sit in it cross legged or kick my feet up on the desk
Wearing your designated STEP IN DOG POO sneakers, yes?
>>
>>54314489
RSI is general a compressed nerve. Lifting when you have RSI will make the RSI worse. Lifting beforehand may reduce the chance of getting it in the first place but only good desk / wrist / hand position will prevent it.
>>
>>54311166
Swap out the chair before she comes over.
>>
>>54314684
Not him but I take my shoes off at the desk and keep underneath the desk clean. Keeps my feet from getting sweaty and my shoes smell-free
>>
>>54314160
Tell them it's the only remaining part from your career-ending crash
>>
>>54314416
too bad he's a bald faggot.
>>
File: fliz-side-view-537x382.jpg (41 KB, 537x382) Image search: [Google]
fliz-side-view-537x382.jpg
41 KB, 537x382
>>54309334
>not this one
>>
>>54314734
Ayyy lmao! That one's better!
>>
File: sitting.gif (11 KB, 416x215) Image search: [Google]
sitting.gif
11 KB, 416x215
>>54307275
>http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/6187080.stm

>Sitting straight 'bad for backs'

Man sat at a desk
Slouching over a desk is certainly not recommended
Sitting up straight is not the best position for office workers, a study has suggested.
Scottish and Canadian researchers used a new form of magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) to show it places an unnecessary strain on your back.
They told the Radiological Society of North America that the best position in which to sit at your desk is leaning back, at about 135 degrees.
Experts said sitting was known to contribute to lower back pain.
Data from the British Chiropractic Association says 32% of the population spends more than 10 hours a day seated.
seating positions

Half do not leave their desks, even to have lunch.
Two thirds of people also sit down at home when they get home from work.
Spinal angles
The research was carried out at Woodend Hospital in Aberdeen.
Twenty two volunteers with healthy backs were scanned using a positional MRI machine, which allows patients the freedom to move - so they can sit or stand - during the test.

Our bodies are not designed to be so sedentary
Rishi Loatey, British Chiropractic Association
Traditional scanners mean patients have to lie flat, which may mask causes of pain that stem from different movements or postures.
In this study, the patients assumed three different sitting positions: a slouching position, in which the body is hunched forward as if they were leaning over a desk or a video game console, an upright 90-degree sitting position; and a "relaxed" position where they leaned back at 135 degrees while their feet remained on the floor.

(cont'd in the link)
>>
>>54314403
You're going to be so uncomfortable when you grow up.
Ergonomics is a without a doubt healthier than slouching. There are definitely scams in the field, but the general rules stand. Of course you can't sit in one position for 8 hours, which is why you're supposed to get up and move around every hour or so.
Standing desks are a scam in that they aren't worth the money, and they often promise more than they deliver, however they do remain more healthy than standard desks - but that's only because you're moving around more. There's no good reason to spend $1k+ on a standing desk.
Spending $1k+ on a chair, however, is worth the money. Obviously the money itself doesn't determine the quality, but you're usually going to spend around that price for a chair that's comfortable and custom enough to make a difference. If an ergonomic chair is made improperly, it can cause more pain than it solves.
Also, what OP shows in the picture is going to destroy his lumbar region.
>>
get a big yoga/pilates ball and use it instead of a chair

every hour just lean all the way back, lay on top of the ball and stretch your abs and arms and chest for 30 seconds
>>
>>54314042
Which is why people with C and S shaped spines end up with horrible back pain as they age, right?

J shape is the only natural shape and it's exhibited all across the world in tribal people and they manage to not end up old and crippled like modern people do. Core muscle strength and J and you're set.
>>
>still falling for the ergonomic chair gimmick

your body doesn't really like staying in one position for a long time. a good chair is a large, soft chair that you can shift around in, recline in, put your feet up, put your feet down, etc etc.

ergonomic chairs are the exact opposite of this and try to force you into what they consider the "best" position, which is completely fucking wrong and is why you're all so goddamn uncomfortable.

what are you most comfortable sitting in for a long time? a goddamn huge, comfy recliner. why? because you can sit however the fuck you want.

you're all getting fucked and you don't even realize it.
>>
>>54314778
I would love if this entire thing flexed so that he could put his feet on the rear pegs, straighten out, and ride like superman
>>
>>54309775
Where can I get this chair? It looks perfect.
>>
>>54314838
I agree with you but you're exaggerating on the $1k standing desk. You can get electric sit/stand desks for $500, and stand-only desks for waaay less
>>
>>54314804
>>54314838
this guy is who you need to watch out for. he has no fucking idea what he's talking about, and i guarantee he's in fucking awful shape. ignore this guy.
>>
>>54311055
Do this OP
>>
>>54314778
I thought this was just some joke edit of a bike, it can't be real
>>
>>54311625
I got a MX master as a gift when I was about to get a trackball, what can you do.

Is there real evidence that trackball are good for RSI? Shit is really starting to kill me. I even struggle to do my homework.
>>
File: 1435359602062.jpg (198 KB, 1536x1152) Image search: [Google]
1435359602062.jpg
198 KB, 1536x1152
Freedman chair?
>>
>>54315281
another dumb gimmick
>>
>>54315319
Can you confirm this for me by disproving the claims of Freedman
>>
>>54315281
finally you can fart and shit while sitting on the chair
>>
>>54315352
https://youtu.be/SiQgLuwXQbY

average /g/ user
>>
>>54307275
Literally me right now. I've had shit posture since i was young, I don't think I'll be able to fix it at this age. Feels bad man.
>>
>>54315331
why would i waste my time on that?
>>
>>54314164
You retarded?
>>
>>54315401
Yeah let's spend no time doing actual research and just make wild speculation/shitposting on anecdotes.

Another great ergonomic sitting thread guys.
>>
>>54315415
i sit all day. i've owned leaps, aerons, freedoms, you fucking name it, i've sat in it. they are all garbage.

i sit in a recliner now. a fucking la-z-boy. i fell for the gimmick, and i lost a lot of money in the process.
>>
>>54315508
Sitting in my leap right now and I'm only comfortable when I set the dial all the way back, something close to 120 I guess.

I got my leap for 200. I will consider your choice but it is worrying of how I can type and use a mouse.
>>
>>54315529
>>I got my leap for 200. I will consider your choice but it is worrying of how I can type and use a mouse.

what i settled for was a stationary recliner (no rocker) with a swivel base. the recliner stays put, and i swivel in an out of my desk. it's huge.

this requires a height adjustable desk to accommodate the recliner, but once it is in the correct position and the desk height adjusted correctly, nothing will compare. i can recline, and the seat moves forward. i can rest my elbows on the (soft, unlike the leap and other chairs which bothered my elbows after awhile) arm rests. i can shift to one side, then another, sit up and cross my legs, hang one leg over either side of the chair, or both legs, or pretty much anything.

it's a very unwieldy solution, but my 15+ year search for the "perfect" chair has lead me to this.
>>
>>54315579
Do "executive" chairs give you the same sort of thing?
>>
>>54315599
the only executive chairs that may provide the same level of comfort and mobility are Ekornes or possibly ERA chairs.

sadly they're both like $2,000.
>>
File: 1448461674830.jpg (760 KB, 1829x817) Image search: [Google]
1448461674830.jpg
760 KB, 1829x817
>>54315666
>Ekornes
Holy shit that smug frog, even a green chair
>>
>>54314684
>sneakers
>stepping in shit
>wearing shoes inside
>not taking your shoes off at your desk
you just can't do anything right
>>
>>54314704
repetitive strain injury could be a compressed nerve, but it could also be any damage caused by a repetitive motion
>>
>>54314838
I'm 38, and quite comfortable. I can sit in a squat and rest there like a slav with no pain or discomfort, because I am healthy and have full range of motion. An expensive chair is not worth the money to me because in my own home I prefer to sit on the floor using a cotton mat, or to lounge on a sofa. I can easily move about while working into whatever position is comfortable, meanwhile you only take breaks every hour. I've been sitting "incorrectly" my whole life with no problems, except for fat people telling me I'll end up with back problems like they have.

slouching is ergonomic, that's why it feels good. ergonomics != ergonomic. ergonomics is a pseudo-science with no basis in fact, hence why most ergonomicists suggest straight up and down expensive custom chairs when research like >>54314804
has proved that will cause injuries
>>
>>54309334
>AWD fags be like
Lol i like this

Steering control looks shit though
>>
>>54315579
Adjustable desks are good anyway, I'm planning on getting one. You want the desk top to be even with the chair arms but most desks are too high, and raising the chair can put pressure on your legs
>>
>>54309743
>>54309810
>>54311153
You need to train your sternocleidomastoid muscle, anon.
>>
>>54307275
by taking 8 scoops. C'MON
>>
>>54309810
No.
>>
>>54314778
I prefer the single wheel version.
>>
>>54317838
$9hr personal "trainer" detected.
>>
File: 1461863681393.png (518 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
1461863681393.png
518 KB, 720x1280
>shitty-looking core with no definition
>but nice legs and arms
>I'm not fat (or skinnyfat) either

what the fuck, should I do?
>>
>>54307275
most office chairs have tilt mode in that they allow you to lean the chair back. That is the correct way to sit is to lean back, that is why people feel more comfortable when they lean a chair back, that is why people feel comfortable sitting on the couch all day.

Buy a comfy chair, like the kind you get for your living room, get a wireless mouse and keyboard and use your large screen tv for a monitor...back pain instantly gone
>>
>>54315682
kek
>>
>>54315281
>kikechair
Fuck off Schlomo.
>>
>>54309693
>Lifting weights will not help you.

Unreal
>>
>>54317923
compound lifts. back squats, front squats, deadlifts, bench, OHP.

post body pics on /k/ (no homo), you might be delusional about your body

leave humanity behind, CMON
>>
>>54318001
why /k/?
>>
File: 1361233461078.jpg (25 KB, 448x412) Image search: [Google]
1361233461078.jpg
25 KB, 448x412
>mfw the mattress I sleep on is an ancient piece of shit and it's killing my spine
>>
>>54318001
Nah, I don't have body dysmorphia or something, I just have a worse-looking core than most people my age.

I do cycle (at least 20 kilometers each time) about three times a week and run occasionally for fun, by the way.
>>
>>54307275
I'm 33, don't exercise, and my back has never hurt? Terrible sitting posture, too.
>>
>>54318066
Also I'm not a fat piece of shit, so that might help.
>>
>>54318023
I meant /fit/, mental slip. Go ahead and post your nekkid body on a gun board if you have no shame.

>>54318056
If that's all you do then your arms are probably pretty shit. It's hard to tell if your core is "worse-looking" because of your beer gut or because you're weak as shit.
>>
>>54318168
I do street workouts too, so that's why my arms look good.

But yeah, I'm weak as shit; I don't have a beer gut.
>>
>>54318202
then do the compound barbell exercises, you'll get shredded.

you also need to consume a shake made of 50% whey and 50% semen or all of your gains will be lost
>>
>>54318264
thanks senpai
>>
>>54307275
Sitting up straight is actually "bad" posture. It wastes energy and is generally rougher on your back. The notion that it's at all good for you stems from social manners and whatnot, along with that it takes effort to maintain such a disciplined stature.

Mechanically, there's nothing positive about it. A slight slouch is better for you. Google it, and then google how your vertebrae and the surrounding mechanoreceptors on the surrounding muscles work.
>>
>>54307275
Stand-up desk. I try to spend most of my day standing up.
>>
>>54315360
I can't fucking breath
>>
I don't know if lifting helps.
>be 24
>liftan for 2 years
>no injuries
>makin it on all sides
>drowning in joocy pucci and dosh
Does the place you work for not provide you with free inhouse gym/basketball court/etc?
>>
>>54318439
>>54307275

YES! get a standing desk. I did so 3 years ago and it has done wonders. I used to split the day 1/2 standing 1/2 sitting but now I just don't bother with the chair any more. Back problems and soreness have all gone away (I'm 35).
>>
File: image.jpg (51 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
51 KB, 500x375
>>54315006

Kab seating ACS executive, order online, places to test it are probably hard to come by unless you live in the capital city of your country.
>>
>>54318650
>Does the place you work for not provide you with free inhouse gym/basketball court/etc?
lel, they won't even provide us with a fucking fiber tester
>>
>>54310062
Exercise and specific stretching are better for you and cheaper.

Swimming is also great: weightless enviroment, strenghten the back and you make movements that straighten your spine.
Truly GOAT for the back pain.
>>
>>54315387
Don't worry, with excercise and stretching you can fix most of it in a couple of months.
Just remember to keep doing it, and you'll be golden.
>>
>>54319768
True. But swimming oblige me to be shirtless, and i don't want to show my terrible backne.
>>
>>54319878
Hey, same thing here, I am pretty fit and have 10% bf, but I never go swimming because of chest and back acne. I haven't been swimming for more than ten years. I'm not even sure I can swim. Probably not though. I never really learned it properly.
>>
>>54307275
Not a programmer, but my job requires me to be in a computer chair the vast majority of my 8 hour shifts.

I go to a massage therapist once every two weeks, and, when I'm not at work, I use a zero gravity chair with an orthopedic back support thing pushed against my lower back.
>>
>>54314804
>>54316650
Anyone with basic anatomy understanding will get this.

80% of >>>/g/ should fuck off and die
>>
The main problem is that not a single chair on the market is able to fit me correctly. I'm 6'3, and the Aeron is total shit for me because it's designed for manlets, and the rest is shit.
>>
>tfw hemorrhoids
Back pain is nothing.
>>
Fullbody crunches and hyperextensions.
Something for the glutes too. Donkey kicks?
Work up to a third world squat position 1-2 times a day or more, and fix your posterior tilt that you've probably got.
Same with internally rotated shoulders and everything else the modern man is afflicted with.

Human aren't built to sit down all of the time.
Our spines aren't ready for that yet. Give them 20,000+ years or even longer.
>>
>>54307290
</thread>
>>
>>54320254
How the fuck could you get hemorrhoids from sitting?

I sit a lot and even do anal play (;_:) sometimes, but I haven't had hemorrhoids ever since I was 13 or 14.

How much do you sit?
>>
File: anzu_smoke.jpg (20 KB, 640x462) Image search: [Google]
anzu_smoke.jpg
20 KB, 640x462
>>54320327
>How much do you sit?
8-10 hours at work, then I drive home and sit on my ass some more.
>>
>>54316650
I'm not saying that slouching is bad, I'm saying sitting like OPs pic is bad. We follow strict guidelines about posture in the military and spend a ridiculous amount on the equipment meant to maintain that posture. Sitting down and twisting, or going from cross-legged to fetal position isn't the same as getting up and moving.

You completely missed my point. Obviously more expensive does not mean better for you, however you're going to end up spending a shitload of money for a more custom environment. It can absolutely be done for much less, and most manufacturers are completely ripping people off, I agree with that 100%. However, it doesn't mean that proper posture is a bad investment.

That's great that you haven't had any back problems, but anecdotal evidence isn't very useful to your argument. I'm 2 years younger than you and have colleagues your age and over who *do* have back issues and carpal tunnel. Meanwhile, my military friends have no issues of the sort. It's great to say, but it proves nothing in my argument.

Eat healthy, exercise, and practice good posture. If you don't believe me, believe in your tax dollars spent toward ensuring our servicemen and women are practicing proper posture.
>>
>>54307358
This is how I sit when I'm hyped up on coffee in adderall. I can't control it
>>
>>54311117
looks like money for nothing
>>
>>54315403
He's really not, that's an upside down spine. The bit at the top is the tail bone
>>
>>54307275
A couple of notes:

1. Good chairs have a seat tilt adjustment up front that tilts the seat slightly down. This then allows you to keep a nice upright spine position. No one can sit at a perfect 90deg angle for extended periods.

2. Overweight people have bad posture because the weight up front causes them to have to lean back a bit in order to balance. Then because they are leaning back, they hunch their shoulders forward to re position them over their center mass. This gives the well known S shape of bad posture. Which is why its a strain when they try to force themselves straight, because then they have to strain against that extra weight in the front. Loosing weight also often corrects bad posture.
>>
>>54320600
Fuck off, welfare queen
>>
I feel like a standing desk would help me out a lot, but I have a hard time standing for more than ~45 minutes at a time (Walking is fine, standing still not so much, granted I do have scoliosis), so I'd want to be able to alternate between standing and sitting.
I guess the catch is that I'm 6'5", and I can't think of a good way to arrange my desk in such a way that I can use it just as easily sitting down as standing up, any ideas?

I can't really fool myself into thinking I'll work out regularly, as I work 10-12 hours a day 7 days a week so my time is at a premium.
>>
File: itbike.gif (78 KB, 317x240) Image search: [Google]
itbike.gif
78 KB, 317x240
>>54314778
>>
>>54320327
If overweight and the weight is too much for the weak pelvic muscles, it causes hemorrhoids and other issues. (This is also why pregnant women tend to get them during pregnancy, due to extra weight.
Thread replies: 190
Thread images: 19

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.