[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/sqt/ Stupid Questions Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 44
File: jerry.jpg (172 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
jerry.jpg
172 KB, 1920x1080
Old Thread: >>53983430

Post your simple/small/stupid questions here
DO NOT BUMP, You are NOT entitled to an answer.

take at least 10 seconds to google first

Redirect or ignore anybody asking stupid questions outside this thread.
Use >>>/g/sqt as a link to find the sqt thread
>>
Asked this before the thread began to die.

Would you go to a co-working space if one was available in your area/opened up in your area? What are some amenities that you'd like to keep you there?
>>
>>53993459
what seems to be the problem
were you expecting your own office?
>>
What is the best FREE VPN? I have a small feeling there will be none.

Furthermore, if it is Total VPN (https://www.totalvpn.com/start/freevspaid), do you have any warnings?

Thanks.
>>
File: ss+(2016-04-11+at+06.53.30).png (8 KB, 563x96) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-04-11+at+06.53.30).png
8 KB, 563x96
Why does my storage run so hot /g/? that Hitachi drive gets to be about 55C when I render video. The files aren't even on that drive! Is it airflow?
>>
>>53993438
Re-asking: pls explain in simple terms how I might manage to use consecutive free trials on Hulu; I'm too scared to torrent movies (only use slsk) and I need their Criterion Collection - can I use Tor for this or a VPN or something? I haven't used a proxy b4
>>
>>53993486
More of a /biz/ question, but I'm just weighing if starting a co-working space "business" would be a good idea.
>>
File: fmr4luwfy49jwdbsdyvd.jpg (180 KB, 970x546) Image search: [Google]
fmr4luwfy49jwdbsdyvd.jpg
180 KB, 970x546
>>53993496
http://lifehacker.com/this-massive-vpn-comparison-spreadsheet-helps-you-choos-1764427219
>>
>>53993509
re-suggesting using kodi instead of hassling with accounts
>>
>>53993515
still... as oppose to what?
every job I had from developer to sysadmin could be defined as a job with co-working space
only managment had offices
>>
File: 1460089602047.png (281 KB, 587x604) Image search: [Google]
1460089602047.png
281 KB, 587x604
>>53990609

still nothing, i tried es file manager and changed the download dir to SD Card/download and files still get saved to internal
>>
>>53993459
Personally, I'd want such a space to have
>quiet
>good lighting
>halfway reasonable privacy -- yeah I know it's a shared space but I don't want to be staring into strangers' faces when I look up from my laptop
>fast internet
>clean
>coffee and/or vending machines
>reasonably close to someplace to eat, or offers acceptable food
>reasonably close to public transit if applicable
>enough security that if I get up to use the crapper or get a snack, my laptop will still be there when I get back
>>
>>53993508
Likely airflow then, or physical positioning of the drive. Spinny things need a motor to stay spinning, and motors make heat. Throw in the extra heat coming from your CPU, GPU and everything else and it can get a bit toasty.
>>
I'd like to register a domain cheaply. Where do I do that? And what does it give you compared to
https://freedns.afraid.org/
or similar.
>>
File: 2016-04-12 02_10_56-Mouse Pos.png (780 B, 83x51) Image search: [Google]
2016-04-12 02_10_56-Mouse Pos.png
780 B, 83x51
this picture shows a little program that displays the (x,y) position of the mouse on your screen. Is there a similar small program with a button "[CTRL+C]" so that when I press it, it is like pressing ctrl+c on the keyboard? I need this, please.
>>
>>53993572
Make a junction maybe?
>>
>>53993819
Sounds like an autohotkey task.
What are you actually trying to accomplish?
>>
>>53993544
If you're referring to something like a suite in a commercial building, that's not what I mean. I meant owning something like this.

http://sunnysidestation.com/

Basically opening a place where a small startup can rent a desk/small office for like $500/month. Or an individual could pay for a weekly pass, something like that. You're generally around other people that may just be there to avoid coding at starbucks.

>>53993676
This guy gets the idea. Thanks.
>>
>>53993804
I use dynu.com myself. These aren't domains but subdomains. Any of these services will let you pay for premium service, but also offer something for free. I don't know if afraid can do automatic updating of IP address (dynamic DNS) but dynu can, using the same client protocol as dyndns.

To buy an actual domain name, namecheap has has them pretty cheap and is better on service than godaddy.
>>
>>53993836
thank you, will look into it. I am looking for an easy way to scrape a small part of text that changes every second. I want to copy it and work with it in R (statistical software) afterwards, I found a rJava-package for R to control the mouse, however, controlling the keyboard doesn't seem to work with R, so I need a quick fix for the copy-part. So far I have implemented right-mouse-click and then click copy in the mouse-menu. But there must be a faster / easier solution to copying it to the clipboard.
>>
>>53993890
Ok thanks for the info.
>>
>>53993891
Yep seems like autohotkey is perfect for that. You get mouse control, file output. Keystrokes.
Not really hard to do either. Just read the docs.

For testing I'd recommend you always keep a button bound to break the script. It's rather annoying when you gotta work around your mouse flying about the place.
>>
>>53993891
If you can do a little win32 programming, you can enumerate windows and elements, locate the element, read its contents if it's an ordinary label. You might even be able to hook a message on it like WM_PAINT to be told whenever it changes so you can scrape it.

The easiest way is going to be autohotkey though -- triple click to select text, send ctrl+c, click bottom of notepad window, send ctrl+v, send enter, sleep a bit less than a second. Then later process the file to delete duplicate values since "sleep a bit less than a second" will have copied a few of them twice before they changed -- it's better than trying to hit the timing exactly and missing the occasional value.
>>
>>53993922
>>53993952
thank you guys! helped a lot!
>>
My program uses OpenGL with wrapper GLFW. I get a bunch of undefined functions unless I explicitly tell the linker to link to MinGW\lib\libopengl32.dll.

Why do I need to do this? Isn't this library part of the the standard library that comes with mingw?
>>
>>53993981
This is how GCC usually is. It doesn't have project files that you tell what libraries you're going to use, and it can't magically know what library the functions you referenced are in, so you have to tell it. You do this on the command line, or you can have a makefile that compiles your whole project with just the command "make" - very handy for anything beyond one or two source files.
>>
What's a good book for learning COBOL?
>>
>>53993496
Don't be a Jew. Get a paid VPN. It costs a few dollars/euros a month but if you have the need for a VPN it should be worth it.
>>
Trying to install this game on Xubuntu.
http://altitudegame.com/

During the installation I get this:
tealc@STARGATE-COMMAND:~/Downloads$ sudo ./altitude.sh
Unpacking JRE ...
Starting Installer ...
Could not display the GUI. This application needs access to an X Server.
You can also run this application in console mode without
access to an X server by passing the argument -c

I obviously tried to run it with the -c switch but it just gave me the same error message.
>>
I've picked up programming again after about a year of downtime. I'm building a Chess program. Believe it or not, it's in Java and I'm actually having fun; my soul has yet to burn in an endless scorch of monotony.

With some research I've moved up to programming architectures, such as MVP, MVC, and MVVM. I've elected to use MVP for my graphical chess program.

When I asked the users on StackOverflow why the following line was bad, I was thrown terms like Law of Demeter and tight coupling:

ArrayList<Coordinate> possibleMoves = singlePlayerPresenter.getModel().getBoard().getPieceByPos(movePiece).getPossibleMoves(singlePlayerPresenter.getModel().getPieceArray());

I didn't really think this looked right when I wrote it, thus why I asked about it.

I understand that, by Law of Demeter, the View should not move through one object, the Presenter, to reach another object, the Model. What I don't understand is necessarily why. It seems that Java itself does this, like in the following line:

gameBoard.getColumnModel().getColumn(i).setMinWidth(SQUARE_CELL);

How is that not the same thing?

Also, how could you possibly avoid tight coupling in an MVP architecture? Doesn't the Presenter update the View when a change is made in the Model? Wouldn't this therefore fall under the rule that "If A changes a result of a change in B, A and B are tightly coupled?"
>>
Is there a way to check if I website is banned in other countries? Also, is there a way to see traffic trends to a certain website for each US state (or each country)?
>>
What's the best tablet under 250$.

Right now I'm looking at the nvidia sheild.

I'm gonna use it to mostly watch anime. So i could care less about the camera and such. Would love some advice.
>>
>>53994456
Isn't the fire tablet like $80 now?
>>
How the fuck do I install an OS for RAID 1? New build and I'm stuck. Following this:

http://superuser.com/questions/499681/windows-7-install-issues-with-2x3tb-in-raid1

But I can't get the drivers to load from my usb. It's in fat32 and I got the rst drives from intel's website but it still won't show up. Trying to install windows 7 ultimate from dvd-r from boot menu. UEFI mode is left on and all that jazz.

Asus z97-a/3.1 mobo with 2 3tb hdd. Any help?
>>
>>53993540
I'm not looking for a media client, though it does look good: I don't have the content myself which is why I want to make use of Hulu's free trial accounts - I've done this once before, so I need to use a proxy or smth to make more trial accounts but idk how so I'm asking. Is giving unique IP addresses (or the functional equivalent) within Tor's purview or do I need to use a VPN for something like this?

See all the stuff they have: http://www.hulu.com/search?q=Ingmar+Bergman hardly worth the time to torrent it all if it's right there and I have a good way of utilizing it
>>
Can someone explain to me how i'm supposed to install stb-imv.I tried googling it multiple times but I can't find any answers...
>>
>>53993509
have you tried just making fake email accounts and doing month trials if they have it?
>>
>>53994718
watch the video on this page if you wouldn't mind, with the proper setup you you can stream any tv show and any movie
>>
Whats the go to processor for a mini-itx high performance build? both for AMD and Intel
>>
File: teaser-telegram.jpg (34 KB, 628x416) Image search: [Google]
teaser-telegram.jpg
34 KB, 628x416
I have a Wordpress.com blog and want to update automatically a Telegram channel with it. There is a simple way to do it?
>>
>>53994436
I'm not 100% on this, but doesn't google analytics do this sort of thing?
>>
I inherited a Chromebook and installed ubuntu. Would running windows in a VM be too slow or should I stick with trying to figure out PlayOnLinux/Wine? It is error city whenever I try to install something other than Steam.
>>
File: Untitled.png (68 KB, 1143x793) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
68 KB, 1143x793
Is this build okay? I really don't want to go over $800, is there anything I can change for cheaper without changing the quality of the build?
>>
Does boost mobile have a point where they will shut down your internet service for using "too much" mobile data?

I currently have their $55 a month unlimited high speed data plan and used over 100GB of data last month. They didn't contact me or anything but I feel a little paranoid for some reason.

Will they fuck my shit up if I were to say use 200 or 500 GB of data in a month?
>>
Does anyone know a nice and simple video editor? Free would be nice but I can easily pirate if I have to.

I only really want to censor parts of videos and/or overlay text onto them, don't really care too much about screen effects and whatnot. I did try Sony Vegas but I was overwhelmed with the amount of options it had.
>>
File: OpenBitTorrent_logo.jpg (38 KB, 641x154) Image search: [Google]
OpenBitTorrent_logo.jpg
38 KB, 641x154
Why my torrents never connect to the OpenBitTorrent tracker?
>>
>>53993822
what?
>>
Is there any way to fix the static coming out of my Yoga 2 with headphones or am I just fucked
>>
File: Crazy crazy disc error.png (8 KB, 193x204) Image search: [Google]
Crazy crazy disc error.png
8 KB, 193x204
I use DVDISASTER to check one of my DVDs, and got this terrible diagnostic. How is that even possible???
>>
>>53994814
I'm a fucking idiot, that actually worked

I thought it needed unique credit cards or logged your IP
>>
File: IMG_20160408_111513.jpg (1 MB, 1944x2592) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160408_111513.jpg
1 MB, 1944x2592
>>53994456
zte warp elite, it's actually a phablet but it's cheap as dirt ($100). You don't have to activate it with boost, just leave it on airplane mode and it will leave you alone.

Has 2GB of RAM, 3 Ah battery, 16GB internal + microsd slot, 13MP camera. I have also confirmed that it will accept 128GB microsd cards without having to reformat.

Anyway I got one for watching animu and reading when I get home from work in bed. Pretty much a tablet with a 5.5" 720p screen. I love it.

It's still not really a tablet but I have one so ask me anything about it if you're interested
>>
>>53994616
pls
>>
>>53994974
Go with the stock heatsink for sure, drop the 960 for a cheaper AMD equivalent, and go with 8GB of RAM instead of 16, in that order.

All your choices are valid, but you can save money this way and it's debatable if you'd reduce the "quality" by any noticeable margin
>>
I have decided to try out Manjaro. Which version should I get?
>>
>>53995298
whichever flavor comes with the de/wm you're partial to, there's a community section with a bunch of choices if kde or xfce don't float your boat
>>
So I have a ducky shine 4 with some shit spilled on it, tried cleaning but the keys are still sticky and I'm afraid that there might be shit on the pcb. Is there anything that anyone would recommend before I try a solvent bath?
>>
Hey, I found a place that is offering a summer internship and it is exactly what I want to do with my CS degree.
It mixes my hobby with C/C++ & Linux.
How do I not fuck up the interview assuming I get it? I'm terrified I'll say something autistic or blank out on a programming question.
>>
How are they about to get a new op picture each time for the /g/ headphones thread? Are there just lot of non /g/ related people drawing headphones onto anime girls?
>>
>>53994616
I'll suck your dick if you help
>>
>>53995662
yes
>>
File: 1459663710567.jpg (66 KB, 616x446) Image search: [Google]
1459663710567.jpg
66 KB, 616x446
Is it worth paying $30-$50 more for the 4GB 380 instead of the 2GB 380?
>>
Is it ok to keep my GPU fans at 25% speed while at idle?
>>
File: IMAG0374.jpg (2 MB, 1824x3264) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0374.jpg
2 MB, 1824x3264
I bought a otterbox defender case for my tablet early feb which got all shitty recently so I sent them a msg on facebook and got a new one. The case is fine but I've broken the stand that comes with the case, reckon I could get a replacement stand without a new case?
>>
Lately on any videogame I play, my GPU will drop from using 50% power to 25% and the usage going to 100%, tanking my framerate completely. If I tab out, change the overclock by a single % the power goes back to normal and my 60+ Frames per second come back, but I don't know why it keeps underclocking itself.

Any ideas?
>>
>>53996072
If it's an AMD card, make sure you have the latest driver installed and disable a setting in the driver called "GPU power saving".
>>
File: a.png (341 KB, 646x555) Image search: [Google]
a.png
341 KB, 646x555
How do I get the controls to stop showing on the iTunes mini player? I just want the cover art to show. Thank you.
>>
>>53996121
It's a GTX 680 with whatever the latest drivers are, but it didn't start happening on the day I downloaded the drivers either, it's been happening for a a couple months over 2 different sets of drivers. Is there anything like GPU power saving on Nvidia cards?
>>
>>53996154
Uninstall your drivers, then run DDU, then download and do a fresh install of the latest drivers. That's all I can recommend.
>>
File: 1449113616156.gif (286 KB, 1008x1035) Image search: [Google]
1449113616156.gif
286 KB, 1008x1035
Is it possible to "reset" my program in Java so it is as if it has been launched for the first time and all data is cleared?
I mean within the code itself as opposed to just closing and opening it
>>
What is the oldest version of windows that supports a (relatively) new iTunes/iPod? Can I get away with xp or do I need 7?
>>
>>53996231
XP.
>>
>>53995078
symlink
>>
File: Screenshot_20160411-234606~2.png (488 KB, 1044x834) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160411-234606~2.png
488 KB, 1044x834
What do guys think about the Lenovo Thinkpad T 520?
>>
>>53996389
reasonable as a lot of those are coming off lease and by sandy bridge the IGPs weren't complete shite.

if the display is 1366x768, into the trash it goes.
>>
I have to write a program in Java using multiple methods. I don't really get how to call a method though. When I write a method name in another method, it gives me an error.
>>
Hey guys. I am trying to install my new r9 390 to replace my old 7870 card. I swapped out the cards, plugged in power to the new card, etc., but now my monitor/keyboard/mouse aren't showing power when I turn on my computer.

Everything on the inside looks okay (lights on the new GPU are lighting up, some lights on the mobo are on, all fans on, etc.) I've tried connecting my monitor via HDMI and DVI but neither have worked. I even swapped back in my old card just to make sure everything was cool. When I had my old card in, I uninstalled my old drivers just to make sure that wasn't messing anything up. But now that I have the 390 back in there it still won't boot up.

Anyone have any advice? I feel like I've dealt with this sort of thing before but idk how to troubleshoot it any further. My PSU should be good enough for the new card.
>>
So I had a site redirect me to my ip, thus redirecting to the router page, which for some reason I cannot change the username/password of. Firefox alerted the redirection and login attempt; it didn't prevent the redirection, but it seemingly prevented the login attempt - the page didn't get past the dialog and the logs say nothing.
I reset the router and everything; and I have 2 questions:
1. what happened
2. can someone find you even though you changed your ip?
mac address comes to mind, but I don't know exactly what this is.
>>
>>53996554
>which for some reason I cannot change the username/password of
as in firefox won't let you input anything else?

nuke firefox's store passwords
>>
>>53996590
no, the router page doesn't displays the submenu to change the thing.

I looked up a video tutorial and the guy who made it had it, I didn't; I tried to access it through the url and it unlogged me.
>>
Google has an index
Said index has metadata
How can i search google's index based on its metadata?

Like if i wanted to look for "all gay porn african-based websites indexed in 1997" how would i do it?
>>
No coding experience, going to become a secondary programmer for a project and am learning C# to do so. How long does it take to become reasonably competent at C#?
>>
>>53996725
i dunno, a lot more than you think i guess, you first need to understand programming
>>
>>53996737
I don't even know what the point of this reply was but I'm not expecting this to be quick
>>
File: amanda_love.gif (2 MB, 292x351) Image search: [Google]
amanda_love.gif
2 MB, 292x351
My laptop has a 100% disk usage and I can't find anything wrong I run hdd recovery and I didn't find anything wrong, no bad sectors even. I disable everything in win 10 that would slow down disk usage any ideas what would cause this?
>>
>>53996751
you want to work in a project, but first need to learn both c# and to program, most likely they will go ahead without you, thats my point

if you don't care, doesn't apply, then go into here

http://ocw.mit.edu/courses/electrical-engineering-and-computer-science/6-00sc-introduction-to-computer-science-and-programming-spring-2011/

when you finish that look for c# books, two basics and one more advanced, read one of the basics back to back, make a couple projects, then read the second basics back to back, realize why you were being dumb in your first couple projects, then go for the advanced in a slow pace while you start working with the project
>>
File: PSX_20160411_212700.jpg (1 MB, 3653x2716) Image search: [Google]
PSX_20160411_212700.jpg
1 MB, 3653x2716
I purchased an HDMI switch.

It doesnt work. I opened it up, is there anything wrong with it that can be told from a picture?
>>
>>53996826
Well, yes. This project isn't starting for a while and I plan on beginning coding on May, just looking for an approximate time-frame.

Re-reading guides after execution for things in general is underrated, just wanted to commend you for mentioning that.
>>
>>53996695
pls?
>>
File: milanaslide.webm (2 MB, 1264x696) Image search: [Google]
milanaslide.webm
2 MB, 1264x696
Is it possible to stream music library from one PC to another through foobar?

I have a laptop with a small SSD and I can't fit my main PC's library on it.
>>
Not sure if it's a science question, or a technology question because it sort of falls under both.

How do air conditioners work?
I mean, I know fans just push warm air around, they don't actually cool anything. And air conditioners remove the heat and put it somewhere else (the back end of the unit).

But how exactly? What's going on inside this wonderful box that can make a hot day freezing inside?
>>
File: Speccy.jpg (96 KB, 674x532) Image search: [Google]
Speccy.jpg
96 KB, 674x532
>Built PC with spare parts
>BSODs
>Replace Ram
>Boots fine, doesn't seem to BSOD
Then;
>Doesn't display Video (Onboard)
>Cleared CMOS and reseated Ram
Now it's ok, but what's my main suspect? Mobo dying?
>>
>>53996850
It needs more RAMs that you have to download manually.
>>
File: A_C_DIAGRAM_FOR_PAGE_6_1_2n[1].jpg (41 KB, 586x414) Image search: [Google]
A_C_DIAGRAM_FOR_PAGE_6_1_2n[1].jpg
41 KB, 586x414
>>53997083
wew lad
>>
File: 1455754672156.jpg (470 KB, 1200x1600) Image search: [Google]
1455754672156.jpg
470 KB, 1200x1600
IIS8
i can directory browse to \folder1\index.php and program/site launches
but what combo of redirects and default pages do I need to use so it goes there by default
index.php references a bunch of mvc shit idk, maybe the extra info helps
>>
>>53997035
Why not just open the library through the network and play it through the Laptop's Foobar?
I'm not sure I understand.
>>
>>53997083
A fan pushes or pulls hot air away from the hot part. The hot air gets displaced by cooler air around it which takes some of the heat from the hot part and gets warmer. Repeat.
An air conditioner has coolant in it that is initially fluid. The coolant evaporates (inside the unit), which takes some of the heat of the surrounding matter and cools it. The evaporated coolant goes around to the back of the AC unit where it is liquified again (which takes some energy again but releases some of the energy stored in it during evaporation) making the back of the unit hotter. The coolant is now liquid again and cycles around to the "cool" side of the AC unit. The heat from the back of the unit may be dissipated by a fan and/or radiator.
>>
>>53996789
There was a bug a while back that made the Windows Tips cause 100% disk usage.

Make sure that they're off in - settings, system, notifications, and "show me tips about Windows"
>>
>>53997110
>>53997194
This sort of helped, but I still don't know how they actually cool the coolant.

It's easy to put heat in due to thermodynamics, but how do you remove heat?
>>
>>53997171
How do I do this?
I not good with computer.
>>
I have ~4TB of free space, and need to back up ~3TB.

Would it be wise to try to trade space with someone else on the board for offsite backups, or do some crazy usenet backup, or what? amazon s3 is too damn expensive for my needs.
>>
>>53997200
I did that and no luck but thanks
>>
What do you do when you have a file that absolutely refuses to be deleted? As in the confirmation dialog never shows up? I even tried a file shredder and the program froze up. The file's not even that big, it's most likely corrupt.
>>
>>53997240
You don't, you redirect it.
Heat is transferred from hot areas to cold areas. When you're in your mom's kitchen heating some hot pockets, try touching the stove. Feels cold, right? That's because it is colder than your hand (around 20°C vs 30°C) and thus some of the heat of your body is transferred into it. Now fire up the stove, wait a few minutes and touch it again. You will find the reverse is now true.

So a hot part will heat up its cooler surroundings. In order to cool the part you remove the warm surrounding air and replace it with cool air (fan blows hot air away, air is now missing, cooler air flows into the space around the hot part) which can then take some heat off the hot part again.
>>
>>53997367
Try
sudo rm -rf /
beforehand. Sudo lets you gain admin rights.
>>
>>53997385
I'm not that skilled with command-line. How would I implement this?
>>
Which is better, an L5640 or an L5639?
>>
>>53997404
First off, don't do the above if you're on GNU/Linux, that will wipe your root partition.
It would help if you told us your operating system and what kind of file you're trying to delete. Give as many details as you can.
>>
File: 1.jpg (118 KB, 800x525) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
118 KB, 800x525
>>53997297
If you're on Windows;

Step 1;
On the PC with the Music, share the music folder.
Right click on the Music folder, properties, sharing, advanced sharing, and check the "share this folder" box.
>>
should i get a surface pro 4 to draw or a tablet with a screen
>>
>>53997422
It's Windows, and it's a media file on a external hard drive. I was copying files with Robocopy when I cancelled the process. The copy is the supposedly corrupt one. I hope this helps enough.
>>
File: 2.jpg (123 KB, 880x865) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
123 KB, 880x865
>>53997436
Then you'd just navigate to that folder through the network, on the PC that wants to play the Music folder.

Ignore the names of my junk, yours will be different obviously. (and probably less edgy))
>>
>>53997449
Which Windows version?
Does it give you message along the lines of
Cannot delete file name: The file or directory is corrupt and unreadable. 
?
>>
>>53997449
Have you rebooted your PC since then? Make sure Robocopy isn't running anymore.
Also try things on this list:
http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/how-to/windows/how-delete-corrupt-file-in-windows-3605330/
I literally just DuckDuckGo'd "delete corrupt file windows"
>>
Why the fuck does firefox shit the bed if it goes over 2GB of RAM used and how do I let it fucking USE RAM instead of shitting itself?
>>
>>53997527
download more ram
>>
>>53997538
thanks
>>
I keep getting asked for help for computer problems.

I don't mind helping, but I'm a nix sys admin, and haven't touched windows in a decade.

How do I explain to people that I don't know windows. They don't know there is a difference between a computer and windows.

This becomes a problem when they want me to anything more than backup and reformat.

You filled your drive to the brink then deleted a bunch of stuff from program files? Welp, maybe you shouldn't have admin permissions on your own laptop...
>>
>>53997545
Stop talking to people.
Hide in Caves.
Never leave Server room.
>>
>>53997545
Put a beginner friendly distro on their PCs and make offsite backups of their data to look through it and sell it for profit.
Learn to Google.
>>
>>53997545
Most anything can be fixed with googling, if you get stuck with it again.

Start asking for payment, and they'll stop immediately!
>>
>>53996057
hit them back and ask

is bitlocker secure or nah? my intent is to use it on a flash drive to protect copies of my id and some legal paperwork
>>
Where do y'all get replacement Android and iPhone charge cords?

I have heard that there are specific cables that charge better. Any help?
>>
>>53997527
How are we supposed to know how or why firefox is doing anything on your computer without the slightest hint of information?

Is it crashing? Give us a back trace.

Are you running windows? Thers yur problm

Seriously though, 'omfg firefox 2g mem shits' is not enough info.
>>
>>53997482
8.1. And I don't get a message at all when I press "Delete." Oddly enough, the media file itself plays just fine. But there's other odd things about it, like when I try to check its properties, they never show up either.
>>53997505
Thanks, I'll give these a try. I probably should have searched that in the first place.
>>
>>53995849
Yes.
>>
>>53997100
>mobo dying
Could be. Just in case you have free DIMM slots, try to put the RAM in different ones (maybe one of them is faulty) also if it runs fine it was most likely some BIOS settings fucking up.
>>
Should I sell my computer?

I have an HP z800 workstation I bought off of ebay. I have upgrade it in several ways. The final specs are

>2x Xeon x5650
>GTX 960 2gb
>12gb non-ecc non-buffered RAM 1333mhz
>2x Samsung 840 120GB ssd
>1x Hitachi Ultrastar 1TB 7200rpm hdd
>1x Hitachi Deskstar 1TB 7200rpm hdd
>1x Western Digital Blue 320GB 7200rpm HDD
>Front bay card reader
>Front bay 3.5" hot swap bay
>Pioneer BD-R/W
>PCI-E rear USB 3.0 ports

Going by ebay listings I think I can get at least $1000 out of it, and then I can use that money to buy another workstation (a better starting base) and begin the process all over again.
>>
How is a 900p or 720p image displayed on a 1080p screen without black bars? I can't get my head around it since 1080/900 for example gives a 1.2 ratio and it's not like my screen is physically increasing pixel size by 1.2 to accommodate it.
>>
>>53997733
1920 / 1080 = 1.77

1600 / 900 - 1.77

1280 / 720 = 1.77

There's no such resolution as 1080x900 unless you create a custom one for yourself.
>>
>>53996789
>>
>>53997785
That's not what I meant, assume that LxW ratio is always 16:9. So I'm wondering how a 1600x900 image is displayed on a 1920x1080 screen without black bars.
>>
>>53995103
What do each of the colours mean? Where's the legend?

>>53995624
If you're worried about a programming question all you can do is practice. Look up standard SE etc interview questions.

>>53997853
Why would you need to draw black?
>>
Say the stock market is in pre-open, and there is a buy order for 31, and a sell order for 29, both orders for 100 shares. Obviously, once the market opens, the market would clear and 100 shares would be transacted for $29 each.

But what if I put in a buy order for 100 shares at 32? I'd get to jump to the front of the queue and get those 100 shares for 29, right? What if the other guy sees this and decides they really want to be at the front of the queue so he adjusts his bid to be 90? Would they still pay 29?
>>
>>53997853
There ain't no need for black bars, they have the same aspect ratio. I dun told ya this!
>>
>>53997924
>What do each of the colours mean?
>Red = bad sector
>Green = good sector
>Blue = current sector
>>
>>53997853
>how a 1600x900 image is displayed on a 1920x1080 screen without black bars.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image_scaling
>>
Is CM Storm Devastator combo good?

I mean, its really popular on pcpartpicker.
>>
>>53994974
Looks good enough.
Get a cheaper or different case.
Get the GTX 960 2GB, there is no difference between the 2 and 4GB versions for this card other than its cheaper.
Get a WD Blue.
Get 2400 MHz RAM and save some money.

Keep the 212 evo, good discount.
You might want to invest $40 more and get a EVGA 650 G1.
>>
>>53998039
I don't know how that software determines that. Additionally, I don't know why you insist on using it (I remember your earlier posts).
>>
>>53998051
Also can the leds be turned off? i dont really like leds but the are the cheapest option.
>>
>>53997924
>Why would you need to draw black?
Because it would be the easiest way to display a 1600x900 image on a 1920x1080 screen I think, no need for stretching.
If I wanted to stretch a 1600x900 image on a 1920x1080 screen then because a pixel can only display one color at a time, some pixels will be in error won't they?
>>
>>53998089
I really don't know how to answer your original question. Why would the video server need to draw black over every thing else?
>>
>>53998047
Thank you
>>
>>53997694
Your specs are par. Go ahead and sell it.

> $1000
shit nigger what are you doing
Your computer is worth only $600-750 TOPS.
You can sell it for $800-900, but if you want a low turnover, you can stick with $1000.

If you want to hear my reasoning, I'll tell you.
>>
File: chrome.png (620 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
chrome.png
620 KB, 1920x1080
Trying to learn the command prompt, I just want to set commands for common programs so I can pretend I'm using aliases in Linux I guess. It opens Chrome fine, but doesn't bring up my default tab page, instead it appears to be searching the file path for some reason. Does anyone know how I could fix this? I don't understand why chrome would take it upon itself to search for it's own file path online.
>>
>>53994974

You can build a better computer cheaper with a few tweaks

>buy haswell or broadwell CPU
>buy only 8gb of RAM (trust me, it will be enough)
>buy manufacturer refurbished GTX 970/980 (90 day warranty)
>buy 1TB Hitachi hard drive

As your build stands 16gb of DDR4 and Skylake is overkill for a 960.
>>
File: utf8.gif (36 KB, 657x352) Image search: [Google]
utf8.gif
36 KB, 657x352
/lit/ here. I like to write in plain text, but I have no idea what type of encoding to save my files with. I don't even know how to check what encoding was used on my existing .txt files. I just spent an hour googling and reading articles, and I still have no fucking clue (if anything, I am even more confused now).

Please, without explaining a thing to me, just tell me what a creative writer working in plain text should be using. Without knowing why, I assume it's UTF-8.
>>
>>53998166
It's worth more than $750. There are z800s on ebay with worse specs selling for more.
>>
>>53998089
>, some pixels will be in error won't they?
yes, of course. This is what happens when you don't have exact multiple scaling.
>>
>>53998214
>just tell me what a creative writer working in plain text should be using.

Whatever makes you comfortable. Preferably, something where you don't have to worry about those details, those are things your editor should be worried about not you.
>>
>>53995784
Can you use usb to install win7 instead of dvd?
>>
>>53996427
your methods must be declared as a variable type or void. Methods that return values must have arguments. You call that method, inputting the arguments, by assigning a variable to it.

main() {
int a = 2;
int b = 3;
int c = add(a,b);
//i don't know into int to string in java
putonscreen(c);
}

public int add(int first,int second){
return a+b;
}

public void putonscreen(string message){
println(message);
}

that kind of shit
>>
>>53996427
>>/dpt/
post your code
>>
File: Screenshot_20160412-031554.png (1 MB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160412-031554.png
1 MB, 1080x1920
I FUCKED UP. I rooted via nrt, everything smooth then I decided to press the security update.
I pressed security update thinking
What do I press to make sure my shit goes smoothly and not brick the fuck out???
>>
>>53994974
Gross.

Spend less on the CPU or get an LGA2011-3 board and a Xeon E5-1620 V3, keep the cooler, the gayman RAM is par but isn't ECC so it's shit (doesn't matter in your case anyways, since you're a poorfag who can't buy a motherboard with more than FOUR RAM slots), the Hitachi drive is cheaper with the same specifications by a better manufacturer (seriously, what the fuck?), you're wasting your money with a 960 with extra ram than you would be with a 380X, get a 380 instead, spend more on the case and get a decent one at least (this part will probably last longer than you will on that poorfag diet), and I would recommend getting a better power supply, but you would probably be overbudget.
>>
>>53997298
Why not buy a new hdd?
>>
>>53998185
put links of them into the system32 folder
also if you need quotes, put it around the entire filepath.
>>
>>53998086
Ofcourse the led can be turned off.
Simply disconnect them.
>>
>>53998362
Hey that worked thanks.
>>
Can I make a HTPC out of leftover parts from my PC as I upgraded it
I have
2GB of ddr2 apacer RAM
AMD athlon 64x2 6000+ 89w
HD 5450 passive cooled 512mb ddr3
400w generic PSU not branded
I lack a motherboard and HDD but I can get those
Think it could work out?
>>
>>53998234
> It's worth more than $750. There are z800s on ebay with worse specs selling for more.
Yeah, no.

It's value is $700 when you include the case.

Compared to other computers that have also been sold recently on eBay, your computer is currently worth $800-900.

Compared to other computers that have been sold for around a thousand dollars, they are mostly the same, but are both overvalued.

> There are z800s on ebay with worse specs selling for more.
I'm not denying that. But those fags had to wait longer to sell their shit than if it was competitively priced; hence, the turnover rate I mentioned earlier.
>>
>>53998447
Sure.
Just get some good fans for cooling if you're going to go that route.

Alternatively, you could just stick it in a tray full of mineral oil or whatever.
>>
>>53998473
>It's value is $700 when you include the case.

>Compared to other computers that have also been sold recently on eBay, your computer is currently worth $800-900.

I don't think I need to consider your opinion from here on out.
>>
Do SSDs "noticeably" die? Like will they become slower first or something?

I read through SSD reviews on Amazon and in general there seems to be way less reviews of SSDs dying than for HDDs. In fact, I think 99% of the 1 star reviews are from people who bought the wrong size, complained that the backup program that came with it didn't work or the regular morons who complain about shipping time.
>>
HELP ME WITH ALSA ON ARCH

IT WON'T WORK IDON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO
>>
>>53998531
No,ssd don't die.
Ssds ,like other electronics, are rated for a fixed time that they will work on an average.This time is very large to even care for.
>>
How bad an idea is it to buy used PC parts?
>>
>>53998644
>CPUs
Should be alright if they don't have any visible marks

>HDDs
lol nope, gl hf

>SSDs
if they're not older than a year maybe, but new SSDs are pretty cheap anyway so I doubt it'll be worth it

>GPUs
have a fair bit of variance, but if you get one really cheap, it might be worth it.

As always, common sense applies. If the offer says it wasn't overclocked or hasn't been mined with, you bet your ass it has been overclocked or mined with.
>>
File: Untitled.png (213 KB, 1100x1197) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
213 KB, 1100x1197
I need help, I want to play games in low setting or mid settings, I can run some games already like the batman arkham series and stuff like that, but I tried Dark Souls 3 and it runs very slow.

So my question is, which one of these cards allow me to play games like DS3 in low or mid settings based on my PC specs?
>>
>>53998527
> I don't think I need to consider your opinion from here on out.
Here we go.

>2x Xeon x5650 - $100 (slightly undervalued)
>GTX 960 2gb - $100 (undervalued)
>12gb non-ecc non-buffered RAM 1333mhz - $100 (overvalued)
>2x Samsung 840 120GB ssd - $100 (overvalued)
>1x Hitachi Ultrastar 1TB 7200rpm hdd &
>1x Hitachi Deskstar 1TB 7200rpm hdd - $100 (overvalued)

All this:
>1x Western Digital Blue 320GB 7200rpm HDD
>Front bay card reader
>Front bay 3.5" hot swap bay
>Pioneer BD-R/W
>PCI-E rear USB 3.0 ports
- $100 (overvalued)

And with a case worth a hundred dollars, I'd say that with a bit of simple arithmetic, your computer is, in fact, worth only $700 dollars.

Stay mad, kid.
>>
>>53998714
None of them.
What is your screen resolution?
>>
when i startup it says i can't open mix.dll.upk. It's virus?
>>
File: WIN_20160412_08_49_13_Pro.jpg (317 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
WIN_20160412_08_49_13_Pro.jpg
317 KB, 1280x720
Guys what do if pic related area glows a hot orange colour? It started glowing the first time I turned this computer on so I panicked, turned it off and haven't touched it since. Sorry about shit quality but my laptop camera is bad. Motherboard is an ASUS H110M-A
>>
I just built my first PC and PCPartPicker said all my parts were compatible. Immediately after starting it running windows 7, it said I needed a network adapter driver. No sweat. I download intel's network driver on my laptop, since I have an Intel CPU, and when I ran it on my desktop, ot gave an error saying it isn't an intelligent network adapter. My board is from MSI. What do I need to download / do to get my desktop Internet compatible?
>>
>>53993522
>irrelevant countries like Denmark or Germany think they're part of some "eyes" special club
top kek, they wish

I bet that even Canada and Straya have basically nothing to say in "five eyes" and it's all just basically US and UK
>>
>>53998804
Are you talking about the orange ethernet LED light???
>>
>>53998834
You need to send it to basic school, so it gets intelligent.
>>
>>53998846
No, the entire track highlighted glows orange, I can't find anything about it because all anyone looks up is that orange LED.
>>
>>53998855
I'm not certain if you're making a tongue-in-cheek reference to what I actually need to do, or just mocking my autocorrect turning "intel network adapter" into "intelligent network adapter"
>>
>>53998644
CPUs and motherboards are fantastic deals for the most part, full computers are also fantastic if the seller is trying to sell them off quickly because quick = cheap (otherwise, steer clear - the market is usually full of fags who overvalue their shit - see >>53997694), HDDs are also fantastic if you buy SAS, but if you buy SATA just know that it WILL fail sometime, SSDs are good resale, but why would anybody buy an SSD unless it was for a laptop?

GPUs are good, some good deals pop up here and there, and people are willing to sell them at a discount every generation or so, cases always retain value unless they don't have a lot of fans and/or they have scratches, but they cost a lot to ship, RAM is fantastic, especially for older versions and even moreso for ECC RAM, coolers are fine, PSUs are great, and peripherals are great for the most part but are mostly dependent on what is being sold.

Other than that, I can't really think of anything else that's really relevant. This is just what I've observed while snooping for deals.

Overall, I'd say that it's actually a very good idea.
>>
>>53998834
install gentoo
>>
>>53998928
I mean, I am on a second partition, but I was hoping to have a plain-jane windows partition as my primary.
>>
>>53998804
>>53998860
Chances are you're fine. It can glow as hot as it wants to, but as long as the circuit doesn't break, you should be fine.
>>
>>53998758

I am using my tv as monitor, 1360x768 but I have a monitor with 1280x1024 available.
>>
>>53998944
> I was hoping to have a plain-jane windows partition as my primary.
and you wonder why you have driver problems
s m h . f a m
>>
CS retard here. I want to read a text file with multiple paragraphs separated with lines of whitespace into a string variable and I have no idea how. I'm literally killing myself. I just want some help.

Using C++.
>>
>>53998956
Gonna agree with that guy. I have a laptop with a GT 730m and much nicer spec everything else. So much games at 800x600, lowest possible settings, and still plenty of frame lag.

You're gonna want something a bit nicer than any of those cheapass GPUs.
>>
>>53998952
That doesn't sounds like it could break anything at all.
>>
>>53996229
Hey leslie, shut your fucking mouth.
>>
>>53993438

What does having more RAM do for your computer?
>>
>>53996229
I really don't get what you mean. Within the code, as in just implement a function that reinitializes the variables you tell it to? And data is vague. What kind of data, how is it stored? Either way the answer is yes and most likely trivial.
>>
>>53998956
And you're gaming on low settings at those resolutions?
Ah, whatever though. At least you have the capacity for the games in the first place.

If you want cheap and new, a 730, 240, or even a 720 or a 710 may suffice.

If you want old and gold, a 560 will treat you right - though it does have a higher power consumption.

If you want something you can use RIGHT NOW and you don't want it using too much power, then a 650 or 640 is fantastic.
>>
>>53999156

I only have 32 bucks on my paypal account, would that suffice for any of those cards?
>>
>>53999128
Instead of having to write and delete all your shit to your storage every time you do something, the RAM does it so you don't fuck up your drives, and instead of accessing the drive, the CPU accesses the RAM when it needs to.
>>
File: 14603919302310.jpg (100 KB, 891x1000) Image search: [Google]
14603919302310.jpg
100 KB, 891x1000
Is there any way to change the tone and duration of internal motherboard speaker?

I changed my current rig's speaker with a much older one with a more pronounced tone, but the tone on the old speaker is now the same as on the new one, so I guess the beep is set by the firmware, how can I change it?
>>
>>53999174
With a budget like that, I would save up until you get at least 50, because that was the max price range I had in mind when looking up cards.

I'll see what I can do, though; the lowest I could find so far was a GT 640 that fucks you on shipping.
>>
>>53999208

fuck, i am being cucked by being poor, i hate this world, thanks for the help
>>
>>53998740
>>GTX 960 2gb - $100 (undervalued)

What the fuck are you even doing? Not that anon, but if you can't answer the questions in the /sqt/ thread with any sense then don't answer them.
>>
>>53997694
You will need to have at least 24gb of ram if you want to sell at that price point.
>>
>>53999242
I knew somebody was going to say that.

The 960's actual value is around $150, but that was more than balanced out by the lack of value in the RAM, SSDs, and HDDs.

So my point still stands. $700.
>>
>>53999215
Hey, what do you know!
I found a few cards that weren't too terrible!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/AMD-ATI-Radeon-HD-7570-1GB-DVI-PCI-E-Video-Card-ATI-102-C33402-B-Low-Profile-/281994121894?hash=item41a828d2a6:g:-IoAAOSwgApXBCJv

http://www.ebay.com/itm/AMD-Radeon-HD-7570-1GB-PCI-e-Video-Card-DVI-HDMI-ATI-102-C33402-/231910745140?hash=item35fef52434:g:q5YAAOSwJQdXDCZf

This was near the bottom of Passmark's High End Video Cards list, you know. They'll be better than nothing and are fantastic for what they are, but don't expect too much.
Both of the cards linked in this post have prices that are in your budget including shipping, and are more than likely better than some of the other cards I listed previously. There could be better deals, however, as I didn't check Amazon.

Stay cucked, poorfag. Stay cucked.
:^)
>>
why are there no video cards being sold without a cooling option like unlocked Intel cpus?
>>
>>53999376
That's retarded and you're retarded.
>>
>>53999384

why? if you want to use your own cooling you're gonna want to save a few bucks and get a card without a cooler
>>
>>53999389
And how much money are you liable to save by not buying a model with a cooler?
>>
>>53999401

$20-30? I think it's a reasonable save especially for mid range cards
>>
>>53999410
GPU coolers are more complicated and less standardized, so the market for custom ones is much smaller.
>>
>>53999410
Yeah, but how much does a HSF cost for a graphics card?
>>
>>53999425

Ah okay, that makes a lot more sense.
>>
>>53999425
Actually, there's two standard sizes, and then different ones for Nvidia's low profile cards which are a bitch to get a hold of without buying a card.
>>
>>53999434
I mean, there's one size for their low profile cards, but holy fuck if it's hard to get anything for it.

I'm going to get an EVGA 740 just so I can stick the HSF on an MSI 750 Ti for fucks sake.
>>
File: smootharcher.png (402 KB, 510x478) Image search: [Google]
smootharcher.png
402 KB, 510x478
How to connect to SSH server?
When I type ssh in the terminal I get command not found.
>>
Are there any PCI-E cards that are SCSI?
>>
>>53999482
install ssh?
>>
File: tumblr_m8x1cwHMQG1ql9h78o1_500.jpg (195 KB, 500x674) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m8x1cwHMQG1ql9h78o1_500.jpg
195 KB, 500x674
>>53999510
It should be installed, I'm using XFCE and have avahi SSH server.
I just need SSH to modify my NanoStation.
>>
Are two raid5 of 4 drives each significantly worse than raid6 of all 8 drives?
I want to keep some flexibility for online upgrades and just fucking around moving stuff here and there and don't want to lose reliability a lot.
Alternatively, what fs can I use in Linux instead of mdadm raid?
All drives from different batches, no seagates btw.
>>
should I get 1 dimm of 8 gig ram or 2x4?
>>
>>53999570
2x4. they tend to be both cheaper in my area at least and dual channel adds a nice performance boost
>>
Can I have a hand, this is happenening when im trying to uninstall league of legends (for good). Similar thing is happening when i try to uninstall everquest, it says the uninstaller.ece wasnt found and doesnt uninstall. What are my options?

>>53999192
>>
File: leaguehelp.png (485 KB, 1213x598) Image search: [Google]
leaguehelp.png
485 KB, 1213x598
>>53999578
whoops, forgot image
>>
>>53993438
can anybody give me an estimate as to how much battery life would decrease if i were to add 8gb ram + ssd to my laptop

acer v5 573 g
>>
>>53999601
0. What the fuck is that question.

Like honestly retarded.

An ssd will improve battery life for one
https://www.quora.com/Do-SSDs-use-more-or-less-power-than-HDDs-and-by-how-much

and ram will not consume a significant amount of power regardless of specifications (which you left out btw)

model is irrelivant.

truley the dumbest question ive ever heard
>>
File: 1374901803051.gif (723 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1374901803051.gif
723 KB, 640x360
How do I make gif/webm like those under GNU/linux?
Regarding adding a text and stuff like that.
>>
>>53999620
i said "add" a device such as an ssd uses electricity which comes from the battery, i did not say replace, learn to read, imbecile

ram, after googling which, i should have done instead of asking you, should use +- 8 watts, which is not negligible

lastly, learn the language, you absolute imbecile
>>
>>53999648
just make a subtitle file
>>
>>53999665
I need more info than that anon.
Does ffmpeg allows to add text?
>>
>>53999679
make a subtitle file and record the screen
>>
>>53999533
Just type
sudo apt-get install ssh
and post results.
>>
>>53999692
>
apt-get

I'm on majaro.
Should I install putty?
>>
>>53999711
Just do whatever you do to install ssh. You might think it already is but it might not be.
Or maybe your PATH is fucked.
>>
Is there a (relatively) simple way of getting interpolation working with MPV?
>>
>>53999733
https://kaangenc.me/motion-interpolation-24-fps-to-60-fps-with-mpv-vapoursynth-and-mvtools.html
>>
can anyone suggest a good site for a canadianfag looking for a ps2 modchip?
>>
>>53999649
Learn to clearly specify problems.

So you basically want to install 1x8GB RAM and an SSD into their respective empty slots?

The problem is, that the Volt & Ampere Listing in the Datasheet is maximum Draw. It does not say, how many Watts it consumes over a time period on an average or intensive workload.

Assuming we use maximum Draw and a Laptop with (65W usual power consumption (I don't factor in efficiency losses / though battery source direct current should carry less loss.))

RAM 8W (probably maximum draw), SSD ~3W (probably an average)

x ... time you can use Laptop
y ... time you can use Laptop + RAM + SSD

I: TotalCapacity[Wh] = 65 [W] * x [h]
II: TotalCapacity[Wh] = (65 + 8 + 3) [W] * y [h]
II': TotalCapacity[Wh] = 76 [W] * y [h]

65 [W] * x [h] = 76 [W] * y [h]
(65 * x) [Wh] = (76 * y) [Wh]
65 * x = 76 * y

x = (76/65) * y
x = ~116,92% * y
-> Without RAM+SSD the Laptop can be used ca. 16% longer than with RAM+SSD.

y = (65/76) * x
y = ~85,53% * x
-> With RAM+SSD the Laptop can be used ca. 14% shorter than without RAM+SSD.
>>
I read the review for this and one person said the motherboard didn't work with windows 7. If I install the latest drivers when I put together the pc it should work, right?
>>
>>53999875
http://pcpartpicker.com/part/msi-motherboard-h81me34

forgot to link the motherboard
>>
I didn't want to open another thread so i'll ask there.

I have to move in a week because of studies and i want to build a rig that will last me at least 3-4 years (eventually a year more or so with OC). Thing is that my budget is 1500 yurobucks and i can't wait for the new cards since money are kinda "limited"..

I only want to play on 1080p/60 fps, can someone reccomend me some parts or help me out with pcpartpicker? I need a monitor as well but beside that i have all the other components.. a copy of windows 7 as well.

I kinda had something in my mind like a 980 with 16GB of ram and Samsung SSD with an HDD of 1Tb but beside that im kinda undecided about the other parts..
>>
>>53999901
I'd go with a 390X, 6700K, Z170 of your choice, M.2 SSD ~256-512GB
>>
>>53999875
>doesn't work with Windows 7
Nigga what.
>>
>>53999926
Thats probably over 1500 euro
>>
>>53999649
ram doesnt constantly draw 8 watts and an idle drive draws nothing
>>
Hey /sqt/,

Can someone explain to me what all these Intel background services do? Or at least if there's a point in running them.

I've got about ten of them running on boot by default and Intel seems they really don't want to share what they are/do.
>>
>>54000017
guarantee your information stays safe beneath watchful eyes. Studd like disabling the cpu remotely and stuff like that
>>
what's the best simple music player with micro sd capability and the widest array of supported filetypes?

i know the sansa clip was really popular for a long time, is that still the go-to? or is there players with amp/dacs implemented?
>>
File: Capture.png (14 KB, 1000x80) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
14 KB, 1000x80
>>54000064

That's the thing.

I'm unsure if they have any real worth beyond botnetting and backdooring.
>>
Who got 000000 get?

>>54000000
>>
>>53998834
>Just had to google my board's full model name + windows 7 drivers

woop, woop, nevermind I'm a fuckin' git. Cheers
>>
>>54000089
barely, but disable em and see what happens, it wont stop your cpu, i guarantee that much
>>
free alternative to wordpress? No time to learn html by myself, this is for business.
>>
>>54000182
blogger
>>
>>54000182
wordpress is free, though, it's GPLv2+ licensed

https://wordpress.org/latest.tar.gz
>>
>>54000242
yeah as in freedom. 3+ only imo
>>
>>54000250
https://wordpress.org/download/source/
>The built WordPress source, licensed under the GNU General Public License version 2 (or later), resides in a Subversion repository at core.svn.wordpress.org.
>>
Did anything ever properly replace Truecrypt?
>>
What, since when you can download Microsoft Toolkit without having to register.
>>
>>53998910
I was just joking.
So, was your autocorrect, huh?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 44

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.