[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/sqt/ Stupid Questions Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 34
File: 1459598626787.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1459598626787.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
This thread was created to prevent anons from spamming new threads, for technology questions they have.
If you are that person, post your simple/small/stupid questions here

Don't bump. This is a slow board, and will continue to be. Wait for an answer or google it.

If you see other anons posting questions outside this thread, ignore or redirect them here
Use >>>/g/sqt as a link to find the sqt thread
>>
so I just did sudo rm rf because I was following a tutorial online and wasn't making sure I knew what I was typing. Been working on a Lab report for a few months now, any way I can get it back?
>>
File: 2016-04-10 (3).png (85 KB, 1336x987) Image search: [Google]
2016-04-10 (3).png
85 KB, 1336x987
I posted this last thread >>53973669

So I managed to move it horizontally by adjusting pic realetd value from the XPosition function.
Thats a big step forward, now I only need to figure out how to move it upwards but there is no YPosition so no easy fix here.
If anyone could shine some light I'd be very grateful
>>
DuckDuckGo or Starpage?
>>
what the fuck does "support" actually mean when talking about linux distros/releases

like what exactly is a LTS distro? I know it means long term support, but what *exactly* is this support?
>>
>>53974424

stop using and unmount the drive immediately

download testdisk/photorec (if doing it on gnu+linux the testdisk package should include photorec)

testdisk should just list the file in undeleted files on the partition, but if not you'll have to use photorec and pray

*REMEMBER* to download testdisk/photorec and to recover to a different drive you're working on, writing files to the drive you want to recover from may write to the file you've just overwritten and want to recover = zero chance of recovery
>>
what do i write on the red circles
>>
Looking for a tenkeyless RGB keyboard. What should I get? I'd quite like a ducky but they don't have an RGB tenkeyless yet
>>
How hard is it to learn lua for ricing Awesome? I already know how to program
>>
>>53974501
The program is designed to conform to the height of the taskbar. Tbh you won't be able to move it up or down

Contact the github dev and ask if it can even be moved
>>
>>53974579
corsair k65 rgb
>>
>>53974578
The top one is the network location where your SQL database can be located at. You would need Windows Server, or Linux running with your database.

The second one appears to be asking for the root location of a web server (ie /var/www/html) but I can't be sure without more info
>>
Where do I find a clean, free download of windows 7 for me to dazload? I'm a drooling degenerate who has found no fruit from google.
>>
>>53974603
oh I see, but whats weird is that the dev designed it this way because he had the taskbar on the left side of the screen so he obviously didnt have the problem im having.
>>
Is it paradoxal to develop in C# while promoting FOSS?
>>
>>53974517

the LTS kernel typically receives all security/other patches that more recent kernels get through backporting of patches

LTS distros should do the same with all programs but it's largely going to depend on how much manpower the distro has (which is why a few distros offer a LTS release)

while on the topic of naming conventions for gnu+linux distros: stable typically means old as hell, far too old for desktop releases, but fine for server/workstation related tasks, and unstable/testing typically means bleeding-edge release that probably works fine for desktop (but again varies by distro) but may contain undocumented or unpatched bugs that will be fixed a little down the line
>>
>>53974660
http://mirror.corenoc.de/digitalrivercontent.net/
>>
>>53974504

startpage/ixpage or whatever it is if you want google results while being anonymous

>>53974580

lua is typically used in plugins or config for scripting languages because it's easy as shit and almost anyone can do it

you won't have a problem if you already know a language

>>53974660

download an untouched iso from a torrent site or wherever and verify the hash of the file on google

>>53974673

only if you use .net also (just wait until microsoft reaches their extinguish part of their phase now that they've ported c#/.net to gnu+linux)

otherwise I can't imagine the tools for developing c# on gnu+linux are anywhere near as good as they would be on windows
>>
File: PS3_Fat.jpg (29 KB, 490x337) Image search: [Google]
PS3_Fat.jpg
29 KB, 490x337
How do you convert VME files from PS2 Classic games into PSV files for native PS2 games?
>>
File: 1024.png (713 KB, 1024x819) Image search: [Google]
1024.png
713 KB, 1024x819
what is the difference between the r390 and the r390x?
>>
>>53974759
microsoft has a c# ide on linux now
yeah, not as comprehensive as visual studio but still something
>>
>>53974820

a bit of performance, the previous architecture it was based on

comparable to 980/980 ti
>>
>>53974851
is it enough to invest an extra $100?
>>
whats the difference between htm and html ?
>>
I was thinking of getting a trackball mouse, but I'd still like to move it around traditionally like a normal laser mouse. Is there a mouse out there that can do both?
>>
Why the fuck does Handbrake take so long to transcode Bluray rips? Im using the settings recommended by PTP to transcode my Blurays into a smaller size but its going so arduously slow that it takes 16 hours to transcode a single movie. Is that normal?
>>
Dear, /g/sqt/,

I have been out of the technology loop for a few years due to a) my location in deep interior Alaska and b) a few years in the big clink. I am out now and in need of a quick reboot on my technology. I have several questions:

1. Smart phone: Must work with AT&T prepaid as my credit is fucked beyond even a snigger of laughter & only AT&T has towers anywhere near me. I need something capable of being "smart" and rootable and somewhat cheap. $700 for a phone is not possible ATM. Think.. $200

2. New laptop. Exwife smashed the fuck out of my office and destroyed all my equipment. What's good now days that is "cheap". I used to like my EEE PC for portability, but since the crazy bitch destroyed my desktop battle station I'm in need of a main PC and since I live in a fucking igloo on the Arctic Circle nowdays a laptop is best option so I can carry it to town with me on a goddamn sled.

Help a brother out /g/. Ordering online is OK, but shipping to where I live sometimes negates the price break .. so .. recommend something I can buy used locally would be the best option.
>>
>>53974501
>>53974603
I fixed it! I just replaced the item ScreenHeight for the desired numeric value in a specific line (not present in last pic) and that did the trick.
>>
>>53974867

390x might oc better also but I can't say, depends if you think it's worth it for a ~10% at best performance increase, I don't think it's worth it in my books

at 1080p the 390 is probably fine
>>
firefox is not playing netflix with silverlight installed, what could be the issue?
>>
File: aaaa.png (566 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
aaaa.png
566 KB, 1920x1080
>>53974638
Alright I'm running Ubuntu 15.10 and i think that /var/lib/mysql/ is the location of the database. the root for the server is /var/www/html (so im guessing i write those in?)

for server: LocalHost.
i haven't set up anything for external connections (domains, portfowarding, or anything settings on ubuntu.)
>>
is teknik a good email provider?
>>
Good throwaway email account?
>>
if you could abolish one piece of modern technology, what would it be and why?
>>
>>53974891

some servers might require one or the other as a filetype but otherwise they're exactly the same

>>53974908

it has been over a decade since I used one but I'm pretty sure the logitech thumb trackball mice had a regular ball at the bottom (with newer models obviously upgrading that to optical/laser), maybe check into that?

>>53974959

transcoding stuff generally takes a long time especially if you're trying to maximise the quality:filesize ratio, I can't say for sure if it should take 16 hours though

what are your pc specs (cpu only?) like?
>>
>>53974995
is the heat/power usage from the 390 really a problem? everyone complains about it and its making me skeptical of getting one.
>>
>>53974961
Moto /g/ or oneplus X which ever you think is better
>>
>>53975088
no its a meme it gets at most 70-80c on GTA V
source i have one
>>
>>53974961
Moto G, or any smartphone from the last 3ish years that you can get second hand, seriously they're all the same at this point.

I don't know about laptops, but I wouldn't buy anything that isn't ultrabook like
>>
>>53975161
how to reinstall windows 10 im on pro
>>
Noob here again
installed windows 7 on a new build

should i do any updates? which to avoid
>>
>>53975003
>(so im guessing i write those in?)
Your supposed to have an HTTP daemon such as Nginx or Apache to serve HTTP requests. The root would be your "homepage" ie index.html
>>
Why can't I increase my C: partition? I have one physical drive. I went full retard and decided to create partitions I don't need and completely starved my OS + programs partition.. No matter what program I use I cannot increase my C: partition despite have 11gb on unallocated space. I'd idealy like to shrink my :E partition by 100gb but I can't extend my :C for some reason. I have tried to merge but it doesn't let me merge my C: to anything else. What do I do?
>>
>>53975249
well yeah i have apache installed and i deleted index.html and git pulled vichan into /var/www/html

>>53975212
just do SP1

>>53975187
windows 10 pro?
>>
When I try and use uefi bios my PC won't POST and goes to a weird screen with yellow text and opens a command line. If I restart my PC and mash f2 I can get into the BIOS and switch back to legacy and everything is fine. What's going on?
>>
>>53975299
ya i wanna reinstall pro
>>
>>53975312
heres my built https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/user/PJNiel/saved/9cVMnQ
>>
>>53975308
Windows has to be installed with EFI turned on. You can't just turn it on and expect it to work
>>
>>53975212
Daz loader automatically disables the bad updates so you should be good
>>
>>53975292
Are you using the windows disk manager? Use third party software it works better
>>
>>53975329
2GBvram

>>53975312
you're going to have to insert a 10 pro disk/usb and reinstall the whole system.
>>
>>53975334
Is it worth the reinstall? I'm on Windows 10 because gaming and muh DX 13 support
>>
>>53975375
Everybody after this post, everybody on /g/ for that matter will say no don't bother.

To me personally I would say yes if you are able to backup your data, and would be okay reinstalling programs/games you should reinstall
>>
>>53975361
I've just installed and tried EaseUS Partition or whatever it's called, still not working. I can merge various partitions with one another but not my C: (boot). As soon as I select it, all others are greyed out.
>>
>>53975348
>>53975299

alright cool thanks m8s
>>
>>53975401
Screenshot please
>>
>>53975375
No unless you need the extra programs pro comes with
>>
>>53975374
will it automatically boot from usb
>>
Is there a way past a T Mobile tethering cap? Or can anybody explain how that system works so I can figure it out on my own? Cant find any info on it...

I live in the boonies and have great 4G service but the only ISP is hughesnet - 300 G/mo for 100 USD.

I promise I wont use my new access to shitpost...
>>
File: clusterfuck.png (51 KB, 1063x700) Image search: [Google]
clusterfuck.png
51 KB, 1063x700
>>53975418
I can't explain the reasoning behind this clusterfuck
>>
>>53975084

I have no idea for CPU only, but Im running an old 3770k at 4.0GHz. I thought that there was in issue in that the file was stored on a different drive than it was being transcoded to for space issues, but I don't think that is the case.
>>
>>53975444
no you have to press f12 or f10 on an HP
unless you changed your bios to boot from usb first (its never implemented by default)
>>
My CPU has been quite hot 80-90° sometimes higher under load. I've checked the stock cooler and reapplied thermal paste (arctic silver 5) when I launch a game after playing for awhile my PC will just lock up and my monitor will turn off, is my CPU overheating?
>>
>>53975477
This is easier on GParted but basically delete all * and letter Drives _EXCEPT C_ (if you need E and the other lettered on dont delete)
>>
where do you guys illegally download your apk files like games and apps?
>>
>>53975589
I use aptoide
>>
>>53975456
>Is there a way past a T Mobile tethering cap?

if you have an unlimited mobile plan then use a tethering program that requires root (maybe)

you may also have to use a ssh tunnel or something to obscure your traffic

no one can say for sure because mobile providers tend to use a shit ton of methods to determine whether someone is tethering, some going as far as to detect browser useragents, to give you an idea

>>53975532
>My CPU has been quite hot 80-90° sometimes higher under load. I've checked the stock cooler and reapplied thermal paste (arctic silver 5)

artic silver has a few weeks for curing time, but that definitely sounds like a case of the cooler not being mounted properly or the fan malfunctioning

make sure the case has good airflow also, exhaust fans are just as important as intake fans
>>
Im looking for a laptop with a really solid battery life for uni. Preferably something under 15 inch and not bulky as shit.

Mostly going to be used for basic uni shit (typing and researching), so it really doesn't need to be too powerful

Currently living the poor student life so pls no $2000 facebook machine
>>
>>53975589
normally a google search but you can get apps at bulk at the piratebay
>>53975532
>stock cooler
there is your problem
>>
>>53975532
is the fan actually running while in game?
>>53975620
>>53975596
nice thanks
any good fdroid apps? i got clover already
>>
Is Kingston RAM really as bad as people say?
>>
will comodo firewall protect me against hackers?
>>
>>53975571
C is my boot, E had the program itself on it and files I need/want. I have VM install on :X, I'm presuming deleting partitions means the content is erased as well, correct? If I lose the content, wouldn't it be easier to just reinstall the OS and not bother with partitions or do it properly this time around? Thanks
>>
>>53975532

>he fell for gayming PC meme

Sell that shit and get a PS4 or something.
>>
>>53975605
>>53975620
>>53975632
Yeah I wasn't aware AMD was so terrible in terms of temps and noise. I expected maybe 10-15 degrees difference not this garbage. I plan on getting an aio next month. Yes the CPU and GPU fans are spinning during gameplay
>>
>>53975654
I happen to play games on a computer that I also use for other things but oh no maymay me. It's not my fault your dad beat you and you're not allowed to have fun
>>
>>53975477
You need to delete the unallocated 10Gb to unallocated before you can merge
>>
Ok so i'll try explain my problem.
I have a Queue with the 28 dominoes inside and I'd like to know how can I distribute thoes dominoes into n players.
So if you have any suggestion I'll be very grateful
>>
>>53975187
>>
>>53975726
>You need to delete the unallocated 10Gb
>>53975477
You need to delete the unformatted 10Gb to unallocated
>>
File: USB Type B Mini.jpg (31 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
USB Type B Mini.jpg
31 KB, 300x300
One of my broken digital cameras (SONY) gave me a USB-mini USB B cable. Should I keep it? I don't know if it works.
>>
>>53975684
Sidebar: my AMD 1100T from 2010 never gets above 65c even under full load for hours (with the stock cooler).
>>
>>53974424
>>53974520
http://extundelete.sourceforge.net/
It's an undelete for ext3/ext4. Photorec doesn't work well if your file is fragmented, and Testdisk might not see all deleted files.
>>
>>53974374
I'm trying to build Box2d and I get cmake to work correctly, but when I do make, I get an error:
111:39: fatal error: X11/extensions/XInput.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.
freeglut/CMakeFiles/freeglut_static.dir/build.make:62: recipe for target 'freeglut/CMakeFiles/freeglut_static.dir/freeglut_callbacks.c.o' failed
make[2]: *** [freeglut/CMakeFiles/freeglut_static.dir/freeglut_callbacks.c.o] Error 1
CMakeFiles/Makefile2:195: recipe for target 'freeglut/CMakeFiles/freeglut_static.dir/all' failed
make[1]: *** [freeglut/CMakeFiles/freeglut_static.dir/all] Error 2
Makefile:127: recipe for target 'all' failed
make: *** [all] Error 2
>>
>>53975735
TCP/IP?
>>
>>53975779
Should I down clock? Until I can get a new cooler should I consider moving my case fan around. Unfortunately at the moment all I have is a 140mm in the front and no exhaust because my motherboard only has the one system fan header
>>
>>53975831
Sounds like you need better airflow.

Consider turning an intake fan around in place to make an output, and yes you need an output.
>>
>>53975726
Tyvm, that seems like it will do the trick but I just ran into another error, whilst merging it gave me the error message about possible boot errors and data loss
>>
Ive never had a monitor that had a refresh rate higher than 60Hz. Is the difference beyond 60Hz actually noticeable?
>>
>>53975831
What I don't understand is that, I had been using the build for two months prior and had NO issues whatsoever. I swapped from an old HD 4350 to a 380. The GPU is nice and cool. It's the CPU that's freaking out even on simple games I was running just fine on a much older gpu
>>
File: h3.png (176 KB, 303x424) Image search: [Google]
h3.png
176 KB, 303x424
If I understood it correctly, the GPL license says that you must distribute the source code of your program upon request. Does that mean that, it's not possible to find proprietary software on GNU/Linux distributions? I mean, let's say you're are famous graphic cards hardware maker, and your name is nViaTi. And you decided on whim, to make drivers for these distributions. What is going to happen? You obviously will need GPL licensed code to make these drivers work on these systems. Is nViaTi violating GPL?
>>
>>53975936
There is proprietary software in Linux. Niviati isn't violating anything because it doesn't matter if propriety code is used in a machine with gnu code.
>>
>>53975813
>111:39: fatal error: X11/extensions/XInput.h: No such file or directory
Figure out where your XInput.h is and add this, minus the /X11/extensions part of the path, to the include directory list.

>>53975769
It likely does. It can be used with any Mini USB device. Mini USB cables are way more durable and reliable than Micro USB.

>>53975616
You want something business class like Thinkpad or Elitebook, or high end consumer like Dell's XPS ultrabooks. Cheap machines will have poor build quality and break before long. Gamer machines won't have much battery life.

>>53975456
Root it and use Wifi Tether. The native tethering runs it through a tunnel or a data call, and the carrier can see what data is from tethering. Wifi Tether sets up iptables NAT and puts up a wifi access point. Stuff you do over its tethering look the same as connections originating from the phone itself.

My plan doesn't have any tethering included or reasonably available, and I use Wifi Tether occasionally to get online places with no free internet. The carrier hasn't noticed anything odd about my connections, but if they ever notice I'm connecting to things like Windows Update servers, I'll say I was playing around with one of those PC emulator apps.

>>53975292
You might also try booting from a UBCD's Parted Magic live Linux and using gparted. Anything running inside Windows might be able to expand C:, but it can never move the start of C: since that would mean moving everything inside it, which doesn't work while the volume is active.

>>53975187
Settings, recovery, refresh my PC. Or if it's too fucked to do that or you want something more clean-install, get the Media Download Tool and tell it to make a USB stick installer for you. Then you can boot from that, delete your partitions and tell it to install into the unpartitioned free space so it will partition it as it sees fit.
>>
>>53976022
I found that it belongs to x11proto-input-dev, but I already have the package installed.
>>
>>53975936
It's a loadable module. They aren't linking the kernel's GPL code into their proprietary code, which would violate the GPL. You are, at runtime.
>>
>>53975936
>Does that mean that, it's not possible to find proprietary software on GNU/Linux distributions?
Wrong. Not every distro prevents you from using proprietary software. In fact, Free Software Foundation recommends only 5 distros.

The free software is free, but being free does not means that it needs to prevent you from installing proprietary software on the same machine.
>>
>>53975898
Apparently it is, but I've never talked to someone with one who didn't buy it for videogames…
>>
>>53975898
For fast action, it looks smoother at higher refresh rates than 60. With less going on, it's not really noticeable.

>>53976047
Yes, but where is it on your filesystem? You have to tell GCC where to find it when building things. This is usually detected by ./configure or cmake. If you installed it after configuring your cmake, redo the configure/generate step so it will find it. If that doesn't help, you need to tell cmake where it is.
>>
>>53976094
That's because there's no real use for it apart from games. Sure it would be nice for some movies, but good luck finding anything filmed above 60 fps. Most movies are 24 fps, and the rare "high framerate" ones are 48. You can find 60 fps stuff on Youtube, and it seems to have a small but growing use in porn.
>>
>>53976095
The thing is though, that the package was already installed before I ran cmake
>>
>>53976189
Then you need to tell cmake where it is. There might be a field for it in advanced options, or you might need to edit the resulting makefiles' CFLAGS lines (-I) yourself.
>>
>>53976022
also my friend gave me a key from his old pc. do i need to mark that key down or will windows remeber i entered that key
>>
>>53976259
wat about drivers will i need to get them
>>
>>53976259
OEM keys are tied to the machines they came with. I don't know if you can do a successful install with one on a different model machine. If it's a retail license, you have to enter it whenever you reinstall Windows. Windows will remember it, but you need a special tool to view it, and you won't be able to if your HDD dies or your Windows gets really fucked, so yeah you should write it down someplace.

>>53976286
You will need drivers. A lot of them can be had easily on Windows Update. If you have ethernet or wifi working already, connect it and check for updates manually. Look under optional updates and see if any drivers showed up. Install those. For most hardware that will be enough, but you probably want to get a driver for the GPU directly from AMD or Nvidia if you have a discrete GPU. Anything that's still driverless or broken in Device Manager or doesn't work fully, get drivers from the OEM.
>>
File: download.jpg (9 KB, 299x168) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
9 KB, 299x168
>Friend is lending me a Rooted Nexus 5, 16GB, 6.0-- I have it for a few months
>Device rooted via Nexus Root Toolkit, using Stock ROM
>process of the toolkit is pretty straightforward on how to unlock bootloader / root
>interested in battery saving, having custom themes, and experimenting (it's rooted afterall!) Few questions: 1) What is a custom recovery? I see the terms xPosed / TWRP flying around but not sure what it is and what I can do with it.
2) How do I do security/system updates? If I am notified by my phone via WiFi to update, could I just press install?
3) To fully use a rooted phone, is it best to find root-friendly apps on the Play Store?
4) I am getting a Nexus 5X soon, will the above apply for this phone?
>>
File: Logo Telegram.png (12 KB, 236x236) Image search: [Google]
Logo Telegram.png
12 KB, 236x236
The Telegram desktop client still can't use secret chat?
>>
>>53974808
Nobody knows, eh?
>>
File: GitHub.jpg (17 KB, 400x234) Image search: [Google]
GitHub.jpg
17 KB, 400x234
>>53974374
Job searching question.

My degree is in math and I'm applying for things where programming isn't always necessary a plus. I'm familiar with R and I've been solving some programming problems with it to keep in practice and maybe bridge into learning a real programming language.

So, one application has the option to link to a GitHub. Let's say I set up a new GitHub with random problem solutions and code golf stuff in R, and link it on the application. Would that be a smart way to demonstrate my level of competence, or would it just look like autistic behavior and hurt my chances?
>>
>>53976571
meant, "where programming isn't always necessary, BUT IT'S a plus."
>>
>>53976571
I think the hr people if they have any sort of brain in their heads would look at when it was created along with activity levels to gauge your ability and productivity, so go ahead and set one up and do stuff with it regularly, but don't put any code you care about on it because of the political climate and their ability to lock you out of your account for no reason other than you offended a special snowflake
>>
I plan to use this graphics card with an old 4:3 monitor from 2003. Will the older monitor effect fps in games or lag when watching 1080p videos?

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/xfx-video-card-r7360p2sf5
>>
>>53976229
Cmake keeps on saying CMakeLists.txt can't be found in my source directory yet it's there. So I moved it a directory up, Box2D_v2.3.0 and put the same exact CMakeLists.txt there with the build directory I want and now it says that the two CMakeLists.txt do not match.
>>
>>53976616
>I think the hr people if they have any sort of brain in their heads would look at when it was created along with activity levels to gauge your ability and productivity
This was my main issue. So I'll set one up, but should I start linking to it right away? Would the person looking at it cringe at me for putting up a brand new account for an application? Or is it something that couldn't hurt?

>But don't put any code you care about on it because of the political climate
What? What could be so offensive, it's not like it's a blog about my social opinions. Although I was thinking of doing a statistical analysis of state-by-state political efficacy. Either way, anything I have on there, I'll have its most current version on my hard drive.
>>
>>53976762
master slave terminology, not adopting some gay ass code of conduct into your licensing etc..

I'd say yeah, go ahead and put one up and be regular with your posts, because being prolific trumps being good
>>
4k @ 60fps or 1440p @ 120fps
>>
Can someone explain to me how i'm supposed to install stb-imv.I tried googling it multiple times but I can't find any answers...
>>
>>53976839
memes @ 420 fps
>>
>>53976801
>The terms "master" and "slave" have been discovered and immediately made into an issue by the snowflakes.
I can't fucking take this. I had to look it up to make sure you weren't making it up.
>>
>>53974374
Boost mobile with an LG Volt 2.
Native wifi tethering doesn't really work, it starts and can connect to it but still says "no internet connection".
However, Wifi Tether Router works... For about 10 minutes then connection stops working, and have to disable and re-enable it.
Any thoughts on why it cuts out and how to prevent it from doing so? Even plugged in with the screen on it'll stop working after 10 minutes.
>>
How does one disable Skype updates? Google isn't helping and the only solution I found worked for about three days.
>>
File: file.png (41 KB, 762x161) Image search: [Google]
file.png
41 KB, 762x161
I'm writing a top down recursive descent parser in C++ based on the language in pic related. Am I going about it in the right way?

PasteBin : http://pastebin.com/hMHGQVE4
>>
File: 640px-Logo_CCC.svg.png (21 KB, 640x465) Image search: [Google]
640px-Logo_CCC.svg.png
21 KB, 640x465
Why my torrents never connect to the CCC (Chaos Computer Club) tracker?
>>
Question for you guys.

I have a 25g windows xp laptop that still works.

What OS should I consider for an laptop of that size?

I would like to use it for writing and for offline music.
>>
I never got a real answer for this, so hopefully someone can.

There are "two" ways of loading a picture. Top down way and the fade in way. Top down pictures load like horizontal blocks. The fade is loads all the dimension of the image and then slowly the pixels are filled in and become clearer and clearer.

What causes this different way of rendering picture?
>>
>>53976966
I wish I were joking friend

>>53977134
what are the rest of the specs? but really if it's running xp it should run any linux just fine and since you have so little space, I'd reccomend just keeping your music on your desktop and share it then point your music player towards it
>>
I'm a retard.
What did happen to Bing's reverse image search? Where is the link?
>>
>>53977151
A process called interlacing. You save the image like that.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interlacing_%28bitmaps%29
>>
>>53977222
How come some images do the second way instead of interlacing? Do they not use interlacing?
>>
So my desktop + screen wouldn't turn on today through my usual power point

Tried through another and also didn't work

Flipped switch on back of PSU and that made desktop power on but not screen

wat do?
>>
>>53975605
>>53976022

Thanks guys. Knew vaguely about tunnels and got a vpn setup but was tripped up on the iptables. Now I need to find a way to have my phone distribute that through a router but I should be able to look that up.

If anyone cares it was pretty simple, just set up a shell script to autorun your iptables config to spoof as a different adapter and have the connection go through the vpn. Not sure if the VPN is totally necessary but seems to make things simpler.
>>
File: That laptop specs.png (26 KB, 406x399) Image search: [Google]
That laptop specs.png
26 KB, 406x399
>>53977184
I had to look up how to figure that out. But I have found the memory and Ram in the system's computer tab.
>>
>>53977292
The blocked ones are JPG images.
JPG files use a slightly different process. The basic unit in JPG is a 8x8 pixels block. Simplifying, a less detailed version of the block is recorded first, then as the file loads more details for each block arrive.
>>
>>53977332
>Anderson/Andersen
Huh, next time just use a solid red block.
>>
>>53977134
Why don't you replace its HDD?
>>
Can someone find another way to download to this?
http://www.ps3hax.net/downloads.php?do=file&id=785
>>
>>53977426
wget http://www.ps3hax.net/downloads.php?s=69d9d7dc00f51bf826911469d25d4977&do=file&id=785&act=down&actionhash=guest
>>
>>53977317
>Now I need to find a way to have my phone distribute that through a router but I should be able to look that up.
What for, to get wired access to it?

Wired? Get a router that has a client bridge mode. Its wifi will connect to the phone's, and it will provide wired access on its ethernet ports. It won't put up its own wifi because its radio is in client mode, connected to the phone.

Wireless? Just connect multiple devices to the access point that Wifi Tether puts up. It'll work just fine with that -- it makes the phone act exactly like a wireless-only router.
>>
>>53977358
Oh sugar cake. Thank you for the advice.
>>
>>53977600
dat ram tho
you'll want something light like puppy
>>
>>53977814
The CPU too.

Puppy or DSL (Damn Small Linux) sounds about right and capable of what you want, though you might get by with Lubuntu.

Alternately stick with XP, though a slim Linux would run faster.

Xubuntu is definitely too RAM-hungry, using around 400 MB at idle for me.
>>
I just need to know something.

I rebuilt my Dad's computer and to do so I had to format one of his drives and do a fresh install of Windows. He has two drives, a 500GB HDD and a 256GB SSD. I got the go-ahead and did the install on his SSD. But when he picked the computer up he was pissed that he couldn't boot into the HDD now. Apparently his preference is to have two completely independent installs of Windows on the same computer, using the HDD for everyday use and the SSD for gaming, and now he's mad that he can't access the other. To me this sounded like absolute insanity and I really had to bite my tongue.

Am I right or is there some precedent for running independent drives like that and I'm just ignorant?
>>
File: 35-103-182-TS.jpg (42 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
35-103-182-TS.jpg
42 KB, 640x480
So.. Cooler master T2 versus T4. Is the T4 worth the extra bucks? I'll use it in a A10, have the stock right now. I won't overclock, I just want something more efficient and quiet than stock.
>>
Not sure if this is where to post- new to /g/ and didn't see a qtddtot-

I found out my fiancee's family has been casually "backing up" their pictures and shit to various external hdds and flash drives and throwing them in a drawer, or randomly saving a few things to their shitty shitty laptop.

How much should I expect for parts to build them a facebook machine in raid 10 so they have a central, stable "rock" that all of them can save all their pictures and documents and shit without fear
>>
I asked this question in the programming thread before I got a new phone and by the time I had everything set up I couldn't find it again, so I will just ask once more:

How do I not be a retard when it comes to programming? I want to learn but I seriously cannot. Nothing sticks no matter what language I choose and it seriously seems insanely difficult to me to the point of frustration. I can learn anything else with no problem, but trying to learn to code is like smashing my face into a wall.

I want to do it since programming will help me out in the future and I could possibly get a job doing more than I am now (nothing) so I really try. What do I do?

I have tried websites and books but still I am a retard about it.
>>
>>53977970
It's kind of a dumb setup, but there's no reason it wouldn't work. You just have to have the bootloader on the main drive know about the other install so it gives an option to boot it. You can use either the MS default bootloader for this, or GRUB4DOS.
>>
New to smartphone, blu studio g running kit Kat.

How to move files to folders/SD card?
>>
>>53978017
Buy a NAS that has some RAID inside it. Less work, less maintenance, less to go wrong, and less power consumption.

Also, RAID is not a backup. Do not treat it as such. If the data is worth backing up, make regular backups as well.
>>
>>53978037
get F-Droid and install Amaze or choose a file browser from the Play Store.
>>
http://pastebin.com/a45dp3Q1
what do i do with this
I want to make a closed 4ch fork for me and my friends
>>
>>53978096
Ty
>>
File: 1390690083115.gif (2 MB, 150x113) Image search: [Google]
1390690083115.gif
2 MB, 150x113
Whenever I export a video from my video editor and try to encode it with H264, it fails to export immediately with no explanation.
This has only started happening recently and I have no idea why or how to fix it.
Help?
>>
>>53978126
What editor? also what encoder?
>>
What are good apps to repackage an app into apks?

I use ES Explorer but I want to know if there's more
>>
how long before 4th gen (lga 1150) intel cpu's become obsolete?
i have an i5-4460 but i'm thinking about upgrading to a 4690k or 4790k in a few months. would it be a bad idea to get another 4th gen?
>>
>>53978151
Titanium Backup if you want to backup your data as well as the app itself. Otherwise stick with ES.

>>53978262
What do you consider to be obsolete? Lots of games will still run on Core 2 stuff given a decent GPU.
>>
File: camera_capture.jpg (2 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
camera_capture.jpg
2 MB, 3264x1836
Found these Pickering Model PH-4933 / Stanton Dynaphase 40's at goodwill for 6 dollars.

They are in great shape but the drivers don't sound very clear. (even after re-soldering the connections)

are there any sites that sell replacement drivers for newer headphones that I could swap into these, or any modifications I could make to improve the sound quality?

Thank you for your time.
>>
File: IMG_20160410_195732021.jpg (2 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160410_195732021.jpg
2 MB, 3264x1836
>>53978370

Size compared to ATH-m50x's

There's a lot of room to work with here
>>
File: thing.png (51 KB, 615x898) Image search: [Google]
thing.png
51 KB, 615x898
>>53978140
>What editor?
VideoPad.

>also what encoder?
I guess I don't really know. VideoPad? MP4?
I never understand much about this stuff but I never really had a need to. I would just export as .mp4 and it would work.

These are the settings I use. Until recently this worked just fine, but now it immediately fails unless I change encoders.
>>
>>53978474
What's your input video (container and stream codecs)? Is it different from what's worked in the past?
>>
File: 1448013785609.jpg (49 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
1448013785609.jpg
49 KB, 600x800
How "unlimited" is boost's $55/month unlimited high speed data plan? I want to get off project fi because I use too much data and plan to drop my home internet as well. I want to live on my phone alone for internet access and save mad dosh. I'm aware the plan includes 8GB for mobile hotspot which I plan to use for email/news on my main computer. I plan to download stuff on my phone and watch netflix on it too.

Anyway at what point will boost fuck my shit up? 20GB, 50GB, 100GB, 500GB, 1TB, 8TB? There has to be a point where boost will suspend my service for using "too much data".
>>
Does anyone know how to browse bunch of zip file with thumbnail preview cover?
>>
how does one download these files? i'd like some old files on my comp for shits and giggles
http://minnie.tuhs.org/cgi-bin/utree.pl
>>
>>53978515
Nope. Literally nothing has changed on my end in terms of software/settings used, or files used.

I'm really completely stumped. I can only imagine some change to my computer in the past couple months did something to change it but I don't know what it could be. I run regular scans for viruses/malware/registry errors and my computer is squeaky clean.

I wish it was as simple as reinstalling something to get H264 support back but even reinstalling the editor software and some codec packs and shit did nothing.
>>
I used to buy a lot from bookdepository.com and now I found out that they only allow me allow me to pay in my country's currency.
If used a web proxy and notice that the US and Germany prices are half of the price they are charging me.

The problem now is that Im too afraid to put my credit card info using the web proxy (hide.me).
Is it safe to do it? Is there any free application that's secure to do this kind of stuff?
>>
>>53978575
Can you encode anything else with h.264?

Trying to figure out if this is an issue with this particular source media or not.
>>
Is there a way to use both VGA and DVI output on my graphics card at the same time?

I want both to output into the same monitor to get the maximum graphics out of my card that's possible.
>>
Theres a sale going on here on my 3rd world country and gtx 970 g1 is 40 dollars less. Should I get it now or wait until prices go further down with the release of pascal?
>>
>>53978520
If it's AT&T they throttle you after the first 5GB.

>>53978522
Why would that ever work?

>>53978652
Don't be stupid. Currency value differences likely make up most of the gap. Failing that import fees (because it will come from the USA) will kill any meaningful savings. Try a local book store instead,

>>53978750
For your sake I hope this is bait. No you can't do that, and no it wouldn't help anything.

>>53978777
It's stolen or fake. Don't be stupid.
>>
>>53978750
>Is there a way to use both VGA and DVI output on my graphics card at the same time?
Depends on the card, but the result would either be mirror mode or a normal dual monitor setup, depending on how you set it.

>I want both to output into the same monitor to get the maximum graphics out of my card that's possible.
Now this is stupid. It doesn't work that way. Both carry the same info, VGA in analog format and DVI in digital. DVI is the best graphics you're getting, and nothing can put a better picture on your monitor.
>>
>>53978666
>Can you encode anything else with h.264?
In what manner? You mean exporting to a different file type but using the same encoder?

I just tried exporting as an avi instead of an mp4, but still encoded with H264, and it failed immediately once again.

If you meant try editing/exporting a different video file altogether, I've done so many times. It doesn't matter what video goes into the editor, it's not leaving the editor with H264.
>>
>>53978805
>Don't be stupid. Currency value differences likely make up most of the gap. Failing that import fees (because it will come from the USA) will kill any meaningful savings. Try a local book store instead,
That wasnt my question. I have been buying there for years and its very cheap, no fees and no shipping.
>>
I want something to web browse, watch webm's, and manage music on my iPhone with. Will a minicomputer do all of this?

In specific I'm looking at an hp pavilion mini.
>>
>>53978885
>If you meant try editing/exporting a different video file altogether, I've done so many times. It doesn't matter what video goes into the editor, it's not leaving the editor with H264.
Cool, then this is a more interesting problem.

Can you open Event Viewer to look at system logs and try again? See if you can spot some more detailed error information there. If you can, post it.

>>53978914
Let me answer your original question then:
Maybe. 9X% of free web proxies are malicious (injecting ads or stealing information). Roll the dice if you want, but only if it's https.

I happen to know that they also sell through amazon, so you could just order from them through the amazon US store and avoid this whole hastle. You call and you credit senpai.
>>
I burned Raspbian onto a 16 GB Micro SD card now it's recognized by Windows as having a capacity of 60MB

How do I fix that?
>>
My pc has trouble downloading files, for example I try downloading flash player and says connection error. I can browse the Internet and speed test says 80mbs download.. Can this be caused by a wifi network adapter for pc? I also can't update steam.
>>
>>53978992
reformat it.

>>53979013
Do any https sites work?
>>
>>53979030
Yes all sites work it's just that when downloading or updating files it can't download them
>>
File: vax11-780.jpg (27 KB, 641x410) Image search: [Google]
vax11-780.jpg
27 KB, 641x410
>>53978960
<==This is a minicomputer. I don't think it would handle any of those tasks to your satisfaction.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minicomputer

One of those tiny desktop PCs would do all those things pretty easily, though it might get a bit pokey if you open more than a few tabs.

I recommend against HP though -- nothing they make in their consumer lines seems to last. It always has heat problems and is made using the cheapest possible parts.
>>
>>53979077
Welp I've only heard it referred to as a mini computer or 'mid range' computer. You know what I'm talking about though.

Basically I'm tight on cash and got 300 to blow on something small to do the tasks mentioned. Any recs?
>>
>>53979066
Can you download any of the pictures in this thread? (those are files too)

Can you download any executable files? How about executables over https?

If the answer is yes to 1, and no to 2:

Something fishy is going on with your network connection, or you have malware on your computer (that's probably trying to prevent you from downloading anti-virus software).
>>
>>53978992
It's repartitioned to be mostly ext2, which Windows doesn't understand. This is normal and you'll see the full capacity on your Raspi.

However if you want to wipe it and turn it back into a normal SD card, go grab the SD Formatter utility from https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_4/ -- It will restore the usual one large partition and format it to either FAT32 or exFAT per the SD standard. The normal Windows format utility won't change the partitions, but you can use it to change the filesystem after using SD Formatter to fix the partitions.

>>53979114
I honestly haven't looked at this range very much since I tend toward laptops for my tiny/low spec stuff and full desktops if I want a stationary PC, or something like the Intel Compute Stick for really low end.
>>
File: Untitled.png (4 KB, 166x110) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
4 KB, 166x110
>>53978975
>Can you open Event Viewer to look at system logs and try again?
By system logs you mean this tab, right?

Nothing seems to happen, info or error, when running and using VideoPad.
>>
>>53978975
>Let me answer your original question then:
>Maybe. 9X% of free web proxies are malicious (injecting ads or stealing information). Roll the dice if you want, but only if it's https.
>I happen to know that they also sell through amazon, so you could just order from them through the amazon US store and avoid this whole hastle. You call and you credit senpai.
It is https indeed, thanks, I will give it a try.
Amazon have a ridiculous fee and shipping to my country, bookdepo have been the best way to buy books these last 4 years
>>
Trying to decide between these two monitors for a single gtx980ti. One is 1440p 144hz gsync and the other is 4k with adaptive sync (not really sure what this means).

I know the GTX980ti can do 4k at almost 60fps for modern games, but im wondering if its even worth it.

1440p
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0149QBOF0/ref=asc_df_B0149QBOF04248878?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&tag=52378_iceleadscom-20&linkCode=df0&creative=395093&creativeASIN=B0149QBOF0&ascsubtag=s14603464174213kdba52378

http://www.amazon.com/MG28UQ-USB%C3%82%C2%A0Ergonomic-Adaptive-Sync-Gaming-Monitor/dp/B01BYU0GVC/ref=sr_1_2?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1460347084&sr=1-2&keywords=4k+monitor&refinements=p_89%3AAsus
>>
>>53979186
Sorry, I'm not very familiar with Windows. It would probably be under the Application or Forwarded Events tab.

>>53979209
>im wondering if its even worth it.

Personal opinion, but I don't think it is. I've been running 1440p for 5 years, and I don't see the need to go to 4k. On my 27" monitor the pixel density is great and there's plenty of screen space. Unless you can really make use of the screen space (lots of true multitasking, eg 4+ documents, or large CAD), or need 4K playback capability right now I don't see it being a benefit.
>>
>>53978805q
>It's stolen or fake. Don't be stupid.

Cant I just ask the store to replace it if I cant claim Division,hence authenticating my gpu?
>>
>>53979304
It's being sold by an actual store?

Conditions:

1. it's a functioning video card
2. it's an actual 970 not some re-labelled older gen card
3. the bios wasn't flashed to trick you on point 2
>>
>>53979346
Why is $40 off a $500 thing that hard to believe as a sale? I see a number of 980s at $20 off right now on Newegg.
>>
>>53979394
I totally misread your original post. I though you meant that the card cost a TOTAL of $40 or less.

It's fine, go for it.
>>
>>53979296
>Sorry, I'm not very familiar with Windows.
Uh-oh, hope that doesn't make things too tricky. I'm only really computer savvy when compared to the hicks I live around, so thanks for bearing with me this long.

>It would probably be under the Application or Forwarded Events tab.
It doesn't show up under the Application tab, and Forwarded Events has nothing in it, with (Disabled) near the top. Any idea how to enable it?
>>
>>53977534
Wow this is the most helpful /sqt/ ever. Thanks again
>>
>>53979412
>Forwarded Events has nothing in it, with (Disabled) near the top. Any idea how to enable it?
It was my mistake to suggest you look there. That's for events forwarded from other machines (not applicable to you).

>It doesn't show up under the Application tab
Hmm. Does the application generate any kind of a crash / error log anywhere? Try searching their website for errors or issues; at least where / how it tells you what went wrong.
>>
>>53979296
>>53979412
Actually looking into it myself it seems that Forwarded Events is only for sharing logs between different computers, if I'm understanding correctly.

I'm not sure why it doesn't show anything in the Application tab, since that seems to be where it should show up.
>>
File: Untitled.png (14 KB, 602x135) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
14 KB, 602x135
>>53979489
Looks like I was a bit slow on my last reply.

>Hmm. Does the application generate any kind of a crash / error log anywhere?
In a previous version of VideoPad I got a "Failed to create your movie. Could not initialize video output." error, and after updating it gives a simple "Failed" message like pic related.

The update didn't cause the issue, though. It was happening beforehand and I actually updated the software hoping the problem would solve itself. Unfortunately it did not, but even with the vague message I can tell it's the same issue.
>>
>>53979489
>Try searching their website for errors or issues; at least where / how it tells you what went wrong.
Forgot to mention; I've tried looking for the exact issue and it lead to a few forum posts and such on their site, but none of it ever had anything helpful.
>>
>>53979525
>>53979544
Is there another file with the same name in the output directory?

Do you usually have to specify more then just a filename?

Are you sure using a different video codec works?
>>
>>53979578
>Is there another file with the same name in the output directory?
When there is it simply asks me if I want to overwrite it, but I've tried both overwriting and saving under a new name.

>Do you usually have to specify more then just a filename?
The pic I posted with this post:
>>53978474
Is everything it asks when exporting.

>Are you sure using a different video codec works?
Yes. If I put blank.mkv or blank.mp4 into VideoPad, then try to export either as blank2.mp4 with the compressor set to H264, both will fail, but if I make the compressor "MPEG4" instead, it'll succeed in exporting either file to blank2.mp4. (And the quality will suffer because of it, though that's an unrelated issue altogether. It might be possible to get the same quality out of MPEG4, but I've yet to figure out how. I'd rather try everything I can to get it working like it used to first.)
>>
Can someone explain to me how a memory or computational error causes a blue screen? I don't know enough about low level OS operations. I keep getting blue screens after opening a new tab in firefox; its getting more frequent and is becoming rather annoying, and I havent been assed to run memtest to get to the bottom of it.
>>
>>53979578
>>53979626
Shit, I think I misread your last question.
Can you elaborate on using a different video codec?

I thought you meant different encoder/compressor, which both work just fine.
I kind of spaced out and only mentioned using a different compressor, but if I switch to exporting to blank2.avi, I have the same scenario of being able to export it with MPEG4 or other compressors, but getting a failure if I try to use H264.

No matter what filetype I export as, if I use H264 for the compressor/in the encoder, it fails.

If using a different CODEC entails something other than that, I'd have to ask you to elaborate.
>>
Does a website exist where I can upload saved webpages and share/make public? Something like archive today but from my own HTML file?
>>
>>53979626
Just trying to make sure you have write access to where you’re trying to write the output file to.

>>53979669
>I thought you meant different encoder/compressor, which both work just fine.
That is what I meant.

>>53979636
Too many possibilities, just run the memtest. Also google and read about memory corruption or invalid opcodes if you want some general examples or what / why some issues are. Sounds more like a hardware issue, which just causes the above.
>>
>>53979717
>what / why
I mean, I've done basic assembly/architecture so I know where the problem can originate. Its more a question of why/how the operating system is unable to catch/recover. I had gotten the impression that microsoft had gotten their error handling to be pretty fucking good seeing as in the days of 95/98 you could expect at least one blue screen a month.
>>
>>53979795
Also theres the question of how a program call could crash the OS rather than just the program, as I thought that was something that had been squashed long ago. I know the program ultimately makes system calls for many operations but what could opening a new tab possibly call that would crash the OS?
>>
>>53979826
>>53979826

Think just a little bit harder about what you've already said.
>>
i don't know how to keep google relevant to this. Is there a way to force a site running off an apache server to not load the index.php file and instead just show a directory, as if it didn't have one?
>>
Question on overclocing/underclocking - specifically a smartphone.

Rooted my phone today to try and manage my battery a little better and try and keep it from getting so hot.

If I underclock my phone, will it run slower and hotter, or just slower but still remain cool?
I've never understood underclocking fully- obviously it makes the cpu not as fast, but does it just get hotter trying to run at the normal speed- if that makes any sense.
>>
>>53979852
No, because that php script is running server side.

>>53979856
slower usually = cooler
>>
>>53979795
>in the days of 95/98 you could expect at least one blue screen a month
If you got 1 a month, you were goddamn lucky. One every few days was more normal. Drivers sucked, programs sucked. The Win9x design is pants on head retarded. It has the OS kernel mapped into every process, writable, to reduce context switches. To make matters worse, it's at address 0, the single most common invalid place programs try to write erroneously due to bugs. So, this turns any simple null pointer write bug into kernel corruption and potential system crash instead of an exception the program can catch or get killed if it doesn't handle it. This is why the illegal action dialog recommended saving work and rebooting.
>>
>>53979920
>If you got 1 a month, you were goddamn lucky. One every few days was more normal. Drivers sucked, programs sucked.

When I first installed NT 4.0, which I got free with the Visual Studio educational package, it was fucking AMAAAAZING. I *never* had crashes. Mind you, I hardly ever ran the machine overnight. It's not like today with always-on broadband. Unless you were crunching numbers, there was no reason to leave the machine running overnight.

But yeah, from regular crashes to NEVER any crashes. NT 4.0 was fucking awesome.
>>
>>53979968
Yup. It had an actual proper kernel that user applications could not just randomly corrupt. It usually took bad drivers or hardware faults to bring NT down.

The other thing about Win9x is that if by some miracle you did make it to about a month and a half, it would spontaneously bluescreen when the 32 bit millisecond tick counter wrapped around.
>>
>>53979968

Oh, and crashes stayed pretty minimal until multi-CPU machines came on the market. Turns out tons of driver writers weren't following guidelines correctly. You could return from a function at the wrong IRQ level. On a single-CPU machine it was no problem. On a multi-CPU machine you stood a good chance of crashing the whole machine.
>>
>>53980052

One of the greatest moments in technology presentation history:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfNQOOr9aR8

By the way, my recollection is that WIndows 95 OSR2 added very basic USB support for things like mice and keyboards. Years later, all such indications were wiped from MSDN. Eventually, if you looked on MSDN, it blatantly stated something like, "Windows 95 OSR2 does not in any way support USB devices and never did."
>>
>>53974374
Trying some inline php for a project site in HTML.

The first > in the code gets treated as the last ?> so everything after if(thing1> just gets printed to the page.

What did I fuck up?
>>
>>53980068
If you say so. I had enough crashes on my family's Dell 450 MHz Pentium 2. It might have been some driver issue or hardware oddity, but on Win98 it would crash every day or two under heavy use. After we upgraded the same hardware to XP, it never crashed.
>>
Do IEMs actually cause more hearing damage than over-ear headphones, my music teacher at a college says so but I don't really believe him
>>
>>53980138
>It might have been some driver issue or hardware oddity, but on Win98 it would crash every day or two under heavy use.

I was talking about the mighty NT 4.0, not shitty Win 95/98.

(okay, Win 95 was groundbreaking, but it was still crappy, easily-corrupted Win 3.1 technology under the hood. I don't even remember if it added real preemptive multitasking).
>>
>>53980168

The only way I can see that being true is if people are cranking up the volume to get satisfactory bass response. Which isn't to say IEMs necessarily have worse bass response, but in general I'd say they do.
>>
i need to replace my hdd in my laptop asap becuse its running 100% at all times so wath brand of laptop hdd /g/ recommend? should i buy a ssd first?
>>
>>53980172
It was preemptive multitasking. So, at least a program processing too long without making system calls did not require ctrl+alt+del to recover from. I'm not sure whether this in itself, the move to non-DOS drivers, or the rocky 16 to 32 bit transition was responsible for the higher number of crashes in 95 than in 3.1.
>>
>>53980188
SSDa are very much superior in laptops if you can get one with as much space as you need.

When you say it's running 100%, you mean the drive is active all the time? If that's the case it could be either a dying drive taking forever to do anything, or a perfectly fine drive processing shittons of requests due to a system that's out of RAM and swapping constantly. A new disk will fix the one case but not the other. You can tell the difference by looking at the total bytes/s in the Disk tab of Resource Monitor. (Or for Linux, iotop.)
>>
Good alternative to Avid Pro Tools?
>>
I need a windows compatible program that lets me listen to local radio stations over antenna. I have an antenna hooked up to my PC via a haupagge PCI card. I tried using GB PVR but it looks like FM RADIO tuning is no longer supported
>>
How does URL ownership work?

I mean, if you pay annually, does that mean you retain a right to renew it, or are you just renting it?
>>
>>53980308
most radio stations have an online stream available as well, which is typically higher quality than the FM broadcast
>>
Site that has the best streaming quality for current TV shows?

I haven't streamed anything for a very long time and apparently the site I used to use is shit now. Pls recommend.
>>
>>53976367
Bump.
Greenify and Adaway are good.
>>
>>53980408
i am aware of this. However, that wont work if my internet is down. My antenna that sticks out of the side of the house will work regardless of whatever fuckery the cable company is doing
>>
>>53980552
Simplest will probably be to get a fucking radio. Or if you download songs you like, you can have them stored locally and have them regardless of shitty cable, AND not be limited to the same 10 songs the radio has on repeat all day.
>>
>>53980552
in fact, its that internet radio shit thats making it impossible to find what im looking for, no matter where i search
>>
>>53980552
i believe VLC can use FM tuners, or you can simply hook an FM radio up via the line in port
>>
>>53980620
I own a fucking radio you retarded asshole, I also own a fucking tuner card that I put into my PC capabale of listening to fucking radio, and watching tv and want to make use of it. Watching TV was fucking easy and i found the program i needed immediately so why is it so fucking hard to find a FM program?
>>
how to reinstall windows 10 https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/user/PJNiel/saved/9cVMnQ
>>
>>53980647
Because most of these cards don't include an FM tuner, and the TV part is what people are after when they buy it. And most people who want radio probably break out the fucking radio after finding nothing in pages 1-2 of a quick google search for "$OPERATING_SYSTEM program for fm on $CARD_MODEL".
>>
>>53980695
according to http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/12516/listen-to-local-fm-radio-in-windows-7-media-center/ most of the tv tuner cards out when windows 7 was new had built in FM tuners, and mine is a few year old model from Haupagge, which was the most popular tv tuner card, so there has to be something. I just installed VLC and im not seeing anything in there for listening to raido
>>
>>53980680
A quick tip: Reinstall means your Windows is fucked. Going around saying the product you're shilling is fucked and asking how to fix it does not make people want to get it.

0.02 cents has still been deposited to your Microsoft account. Microsoft encourages you to do better and work your way up to the 0.05 cent tier.
>>
File: file.png (755 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
file.png
755 KB, 1680x1050
>>53975003
I'm trying to set up vichan right now, all I get is this when going to install.php...
>>
is there an open with from chromium?
>>
>>53980922
er, for chromium, like firefox has
>>
File: image.png (664 KB, 2048x2732) Image search: [Google]
image.png
664 KB, 2048x2732
Rate my Plex server
>>
>>53980960
>CX CPU
>K CPU in a non-Z board
>i-Series CPU for a server
>water cooler
Get X99 with an ES Xeon from eBay, and put a fat air cooler on there.
Also get a better PSU.
0/5 gold stars!!!
>>
Is it possible to use an alternative network manager for Win10? The networkcenter in Win 7 - 8.1 was perfect but the one in Win10 is a huge mess, in my opinion.
>>
How do I create a div that contains two buttons with ID's in jquery?
>>
>>53980987
>Fat air cooler
>In a mini itx case

>Better psu
>Paying 3 times as much for a gold efficiency psu just to save $1.38/mo on electricity
>>
>>53981042
Ok, fine, but at least get a SLIGHTLY better non-housefire PSU.
If you want, just use the water cooler.
But an i7-6700K is a stupid idea. There's many mITX X99 motherboards.
>>
I have a modem/router from my ISP (Rogers Canada), but it's connection is so fucking slow.
I want to use my own router via Netgear. How do I go about using this? I tried just plugging the ethernet from one to the other but I don't get Internet from it but just the connection.
>>
My PC ran fine and than I upgraded my GPU and now my CPU seems to crash anytime it over heats. The fps is fine an doesn't seem to throttle, I've wiped and updated GPU drivers. Updated BIOS and any other system utilities I can think of but this still happens. I plan on get an aio but what I can do in the mean time?
>>
>>53981117
I'm using an x4 860k at stock clocks in an itx case...
>>
File: image.jpg (333 KB, 1136x2076) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
333 KB, 1136x2076
>>53981052
Updated based on your suggestions.
>>
int[] evenElements(int[] a) {
if (a.length%2 == 0) {
int[] returnand = new int[a.length/2];
}else {
int[] returnand = new int[a.length/2+1];
}

for (int i=0; i < returnand.length; ++i) {
returnand[i] = a[2*i];
}
return returnand;
}

why wont this compile?
it keeps saying that returnand[] wasnt initialized...

i know its a bad solution, but im still very puzzled why it wouldnt compile...
>>
Are there any non mechanical %60 keyboards that are not shit?
>>
how do i get a job in IT at a company but not at some shitty help desk where i sit around in a button up white shirt and slacks and answer questions via phone? is such a thing even possible?
>>
>>53981286
Read up on scopes. You created returnand inside the { block } for an if or an else. It only exists within that block. In general, when you declare something, it's only good inside the block in which it was declared, and any blocks inside of that.

To fix, declare it outside the block and set it in the block.

int[] evenElements(int[] a) {
int[] returnand; //this makes the variable so it's valid in the whole of evenElements
if (a.length%2 == 0) {
returnand = new int[a.length/2]; //this gives it a value
}else {
returnand = new int[a.length/2+1];
}
for (int i=0; i < returnand.length; ++i) {
returnand[i] = a[2*i];
}
return returnand;
}
>>
>>53981103
Pro-tip: if the router is the bottleneck limiting the speed of your internet connection, putting another device in series with it won't help the matter. Replace the OEM router.
For me it's
> disconnect OEM router
> plug in new router
> get your sign-in information from your network contract and input
> let the router do its magic
> done
>>
File: 1451748043898.jpg (33 KB, 320x460) Image search: [Google]
1451748043898.jpg
33 KB, 320x460
I understand the differences between IS and CS degrees but I'm just wondering if I were to get an IS degree, how easy would it be in comparison to getting a CS one?

I get that either field will more than likely have me working in completely different areas in IT compared to the other but i just mean in a general "will i end up in debt and unemployed at the end of my study" if i were to study IS
>>
>>53981362
>but I'm just wondering if I were to get an IS degree, how easy would it be in comparison to getting a CS one?
Fuck I meant "how easy would it be to get a job with an IS degree compared to a CS one"
>>
>>53981335
The first step is to poo in loo.
The second step is to get good education and not be a NEET.
The third step is to know people and make a good impression.

TL:DR
No Pajeet
No NEET
Be nice and sweet
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 34

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.