[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
NewPipe - Best Youtube video player
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5
File: newpipe.png (58 KB, 664x689) Image search: [Google]
newpipe.png
58 KB, 664x689
>2016
>still using the Google Play Services dependant Official Youtube App, the one that can't play videos in the background, can't save videos and is part of the Google Botnet.
>not using the botnet-free NewPipe Youtube player for Android, that can save videos, play in the background, doesn't need any Google Play Services nor a Google Account. And above all that, it's open source.

I found it on a thread on /g/, just like this one. The app is really good, and we look for even more people that can test it/help with the development/translations. If you'd like to check it out, here's the git repository:

https://github.com/theScrabi/NewPipe
>>
If I do have an account, does it have an option for displaying suggested/subscribed to videos?
>>
>>53482876
Yeah I like it, I just wish it had a few more features. If there was some way to get search suggestions, and some way to mark/favorite/ videos for easy access later, I wouldn't need the normal youtube app at all.
>>
>>53482876
I'm fine with not logging in to it.. but at least let follow channels or something.

also
> the one that can't play videos in the background
the youtube background play xposed module thing is way comfier than newpipe's desu familia
>>
does it have subscriptions yet
>>
I can't play shit in the background wtf. Also the app is only good for downloading shit, otherwise I still have the official YouTube app, furthermore we need the option to at least sign in if we want or have a non intrusive app to accompany it in case we want to sign in
>>
the silence is disheartening
>>
Thanks for reminding me to update to 0.7.6
>>
File: 1455892486294.png (300 KB, 1585x799) Image search: [Google]
1455892486294.png
300 KB, 1585x799
I'm not installing it after the malware incident.
>>
>>53482876
>the one that can't play videos in the background, can't save videos and is part of the Google Botnet.
>>
File: 1410060320170.png (30 KB, 114x241) Image search: [Google]
1410060320170.png
30 KB, 114x241
desktop youtube question

Anyone have any issues with chrome playing youtube videos?

Shits freaking out yo
>>
>>53482919
Nein.
>>
>>53482876
If it can't log in how's it any better than og YouTube without gapps?
>>
What the fuck is this shit?
I can't change the song playing in the background. Or any song. It just plays the same one when I try and play something else
>>
>>53482966
this man knows whats up
>>
>>53483136
Well, then, I am not going to use it, mein liebster Freund.
>>
This is dumb. Why would I switch to something that's blatantly inferior. I pay for YouTube red so I have no ads and can listen to videos with the screen off as well as downloading them at any quality. Hurr Durr Google botnet. Who fucking cares. Google doesn't give a single fuck about the shitty car crash compilations and cat videos you watch online. And I have money and can use it how I want so I pay for something that actually works and isn't a pile of shit
>>
>>53483092
Elaborate. Did that Github carry a malicious version or what?
>>
>>53482968
Nope
Background playback? No
Does it let us view channels ? No
Why even talk about it?
>>
File: 1419622361592.gif (183 KB, 500x250) Image search: [Google]
1419622361592.gif
183 KB, 500x250
>>53483123
Nevermind updated chrome and we're good
>>
>playing video files
>Not watching the video

why?
>>
Can't log in.
Can't see the comments of videos.
Doesn't have autocomplete search

>Better than the official app

Nice try shills.
>>
>>53483509
>Can't see the comments of videos.
Wait, this is a bad thing?
>>
>not using superior skytube
>>
>>53483544
>it's a feature!
But yeah I agree
>>
>>53483123
>>53483279
>chrome
>>
>2016
>not using OGyoutube
>>
>>53482876
Stop shilling your trash
>>
>>53482876
>no channels
>no saving channels or anything for daily checking
>does not save position of video, even when "alt+tabbing"
Wheres the play in the background option, I don't see it?
>>
Can this thing do playlists in the background?
>>
>>53485020
Try OGYoutube.
>>
I have a 2015 phone and this app is very unreliable.
I can't view channels, and often it stops responding.
If I'm linked into the app from a youtube link, I'm just left with a black loading screen.
>>
>>53485020
Netmbuddy has the best playlist support
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.