[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/spg/ - Smartphone General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 225
Thread images: 11
File: LG-G-Flex-2.jpg (11 KB, 235x235) Image search: [Google]
LG-G-Flex-2.jpg
11 KB, 235x235
Is the LG G Flex 2 (H950) a good buy for $280? I heard you can get Band 12 working on it with T-Mobile, but did they revise the 810 in it?
>>
Seems like I can get a G Flex 2 for $230, is it worth it? Does anyone have one?
>>
I've been looking to get an LG G3 to replace my 1st Gen Moto g for $190, is this a good replacement?
>>
Just got a Note 5. I've been using a Nexus 5 for the last year. Quite satisfied.
>>
>>52149570
Depends on the carrier it is on and if it can be taken off but 280 is not bad if it's in mint condition
>>52150935
It should be if it's mint and refer to above
>>
File: PANIC.jpg (19 KB, 420x279) Image search: [Google]
PANIC.jpg
19 KB, 420x279
>>52149570
>>
>>52150989
I upgraded from the LG G2 (essentially the Nexus 5) to the Note5 and couldnt be happier.
>>
>>52151586
It's a great phone. Industry leading screen, camera, performance and a gimmick that's actually very useful. The battery life, while not incredible is very good. Contender for smartphone of the year. My only qualm is that there is lag where there shouldn't be sometimes. Considering the specs this is head scratching. And I personally have no problems with the design, it feels sturdy and has a nice weight. I can hold onto it easily. But complaints about the sleek slippery back and frame are valid imo.
>>
>>52149570
It was $700 when released i think.
Overheating reports from media, not as many sold as a result, updates overtime fixed the problems, now its a solid phone.

I have the Flex 2 and everything is perfect except the display. Mine has odd yellowing blotches noticeable in grey backgrounds. And I guess to name another problem. The 810 isn't good for prolonged gaming. Not for heating, but for battery life. Terraria Kills my battery like no other app. But otherwise, it has good battery life fro everything else.

Also if you want to demo it at a Best Buy, don't let that be your representation on how it feels in hand. The phone feels significantly better without the security attachment getting in the way. Phone is awesome and the 5.4" screen feels like a 5.2" since its closer.
>>
>>52151792
>lag where there shouldn't be
>considering the specs this is head scratching

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TouchWiz
>>
>>52151790
>>52152377
oops, I'm retarded
>>
How's the Sony z5 and z5c?
>>
File: 4L_C3hKBzz3.jpg (38 KB, 500x373) Image search: [Google]
4L_C3hKBzz3.jpg
38 KB, 500x373
>>52149570
I goofed and got an iPhone 6 this year, what 2016 phone are you most looking forward to /g/? I need some suggestions.
>>
>>52150935
Yess im using the g3 for 3 months now and i have never been more satisfied
Battery life isnt so bad everyone says
I experiene no lag whatsoever
Fukkin beautiful display
Very minimal bloatware, it doesnt bother me
And its lightning fast
The phone gets a better warmer when you use the rear camera but i dont have experienced any overheating
the camera is great anyways

10/10
>>
>>52151790
>touchwizz
>RAM management
No need to scratch your head desu.
>>
>>52152451
How do you like iOS? I played around with the iphone of a friend recently and was surprised that it doesn't have a back button like android does. That took me by surprise desu.
>>
>>52152756
Yeah I found that strange too, I like the layout but honestly it's not the fast and that's what annoys me the most. I came from a galaxy s4 so it was a step forward but when I use my friends galaxy edge plus it kinda makes me wish I went android.
>>
>>52152795
I'll stick to android after trying iOS. Seems too awkward to me. iFags gonna hate me for this but iOS isn't as nearly as optimized for larger screens (more than 4") as android is. Besides, the price is a real problem for me.
>>
There still hasn't been a phone to come out that is better than the note 4.
>>
>>52152827
Are androids generally a lot cheaper?
>>
>>52152838
Yes, since there are more and more budgetphones coming to the market with flagshipspecs from 2-3 years ago (which is totally fine for android, unless you are a MUH SPECS XDDDXDX sperg). You can get a really good phone for sub 300 bucks.
>>
G3 is a great phone, solid 8/10 with replaceable battery, microSD slot, and high as fuck resolution with a good camera.

just got a 6000 mAh battery for mine.
>>
>>52152852
Well that's pretty cool. Anyone heard of bluboo? They seem cheap as fuck with good specs but something just seems off about them.
>>
>>52150935
Look into changing the display resolution to 1080p. It increases the performance just enough to be better than the G2
>>
>>52152857
Do you run Stock or AOSP/CM?
>>
>>52152834
How do you like this monstrosity? Maybe it's just that I had a Nexus 5 before this, but it just seems so unwieldy and that physical button is horrendous.

Ive been thinking about selling this for some dosh to buy the Nexus 5X. Anyone have it that can confirm it's as good as its predecessor?
>>
>>52152756
What do you mean it doesn't have a back button? As in the little triangle in the bottom left(?) on Android?

There is a different design paradigm it seems with iOS apps to have all navigation front and centre or tucked behind a hamburger menu instead of having the "Drill down" navigation stack of computer OS's and Android.

Personal preference but I think iOS does it much better.
>>
>>52149570
Fuck off nigger.
>>
>>52152932

stock verizon phone, not doing anything to it until it's off contract. verizon has me by the balls so i comply with my master.

i'm not a real power user on my phone so i don't really care to bother with rooting my daily driver.
>>
Are "tempered glass screen protectors" any good or just a 5 star Scamazon meme?
>>
>>52149570
I think the Nexus 6 just hit $250 unlocked, that might be worth looking at as well if you don't mind having no SD card.
>>
Whats a good upgrade for a gen1 moto g, ~$200 4-4.5'' screen?

My motoG is getting pretty buggered
>>
>>52153117
>What do you mean it doesn't have a back button? As in the little triangle in the bottom left(?) on Android?

yup. A backbutton just feels normal to have after all these years using android.
>>
Thinking about changing phone from Galaxy S6 to Blackberry passport. Thoughts?
>>
>>52149570
for 250?
Hell yes it is.
The display is amazing and it feels great in had because of the curve.
>>
>>52153322

why would you want a screen that small? i don't have big hands and i wouldn't go back to anything under 5 inches.
>>
File: file_2_26.png (391 KB, 720x713) Image search: [Google]
file_2_26.png
391 KB, 720x713
Cubot S600 — 16gb storage, 2gb ram, Android 5.1, ARM Cortex A53 1.3Ghz 64-bit quad core CPU, ARM Mali T720 GPU, 5" 720p IPS, 2700mAh, 16mp Samsung camera

$129 from TomTop
>>
>>52153425
I have very small hands, even my moto feels too big sometimes
>>
wileyfox with cyanogen os is rooted by default
>>
>>52149570
https://swappa.com/listing/PEE484
>>
>>52153000
It's seems like you haven't even held it? It just works for me with how they shaped it. I thought it would be too big myself coming from a g3 that has even a higher screen to body ratio, but I have no issues touching almost the entire screen 1 handed.

As for the home button, I've gotten used to it and prefer the extra screen real estate at all times.
>>
>>52153657
I own one. I guess I'm not used to used to having a phone that usually requires 2 hands. Or I have tiny marmoset hands.

I think the home button is my least favorite thing about it. Also touchwiz sucks dick and I'm too lazy to install a custom rom.
>>
>>52153000
Had the 5, now I have the 5X. It's like an updated version of the 5 with a few really handy additions like the fingerprint scanner and amazing camera. Plus it's supported for two years. Can't really say anything bad about it. Really happy with my purchase.
>>
>>52150697
Amazing phone
>>
I'm getting storage issues. I can't install apps and it says that 11gb are going to apps but when I checked the how much storage that l the apps take it's only a few megabytes. What's going on here? I'm using android on a huawei phone.
>>
>>52155045
*a few gigabytes
>>
ITT: consumer crap
>>
>>52152431
Don't go near the Z5C. It's battery life is fucking random and it lags out. I just sold it for £150 less than I bought it for because I wanted to get a G4 instead.
>>
Is the Z3C any good? Thinking about buying one.
>>
>>52151512
It's unlocked for $250 in total. Cheapest price/performance ratio out there
>>
>>52155045
Chinaphones tend to have this issue where the internal storage for apps is fucking tiny compared to the rest of the device. Check if this is the case.
>>
>>52149570
Flipphones are better than this piece of shit
>>
>>52157116
Too small for texting.
>>
>>52158953
4.6" screen is too small for texting? Maybe if you're a fucking gorilla and/or 500 lb amerifat.
>>
How do I debloat my note 5?

The system is using 1.8 gb of ram by default. Like what the fuck.
>>
>>52159112
A lot of that is just the shit that makes your magical schmagical pen work, so there's not much you can do except greenify some shit and disable other shit and hope your pen's software functionality doesn't stop working.
>>
>>52152834
>Samsung
Enjoy taking longer than a second to open your app switcher with hardware that should do it instantly.
I bailed on my Note 4 and went for a 6p as soon as I could.
>>
>>52159446
Fucking hell, I get instant app switching on an S4 Mini. Of course I rooted, debloated, greenified, amplified and whatever-the-fuck-else-ified it first.
>>
>>52158976
>manlet detected
>>
>>52159470
Exactly, you shouldn't have to fuck around with an end product to get the speed/battery life/etc. that it's capable of.
>>
>>52159478
Guilty. Although I could probably live with an S5 mini. It's next on my shopping list if the S6 mini turns out to be a dud, or the S7 doesn't have a mini version.
>>
>>52159518
Stock Nexus is better for sure, but will still benefit greatly from root-level optimizations. Also, you can't disable the Google search app, and that thing is a bloated monster no matter what device it's on.
>>
>>52159569
Me too actually, with average sized hands. But I have a Nexus 6P and its not hard at all to use one handed, fits in my pockets even in skinny jeans, and the big screen is so good for browsing or watching videos and stuff.
>>
>>52158976
>>52159478
I got an Xperia Tipo for shits and giggles. Try texting on a 3.2" screen. Hell, try doing anything on a 3.2" screen.
>>
>>52159598
Oh, I agree. I just feel you should get full functionality of a device you paid for.
>>
>>52153433
With those specs is this a good buy /spg/ even with 720p display?
>>
>>52159716
kek. I once tried using my iPhone 4 after several android smartphones and that was painfully small to type on. Kept having to turn it sideways. Give me a huegphone keyboard any day.
>>
>>52159731
Unfortunately the average pleb consumer is just going to complain that their device doesn't come with XYZ feature list, or won't even buy it in the first place. Samsung is just responding to market pressure, tech nerds that want their phone as stripped down and streamlined as possible are in the minority.

It's pretty funny when I tell my normie friends/family I get a week's worth of standby battery life out of my 2013-era midrange phone and they can't stop complaining about how their phone dies halfway through the day.
>>
So I want to get a USB C to micro USB cable to connect my DS4 to my Nexus 6P, but I've heard a lot of cables have shitty power wiring and could fuck up my device.
What's a good cable that doesn't suck?
>>
>>52160176
http://www.engadget.com/2015/11/04/google-pixel-engineer-vs-shoddy-usb-type-c-cables/
>>
>>52157116
I'd buy one but the internet is full of people complaining about random cracked glass. Normally I'd say its their fault but there are so many complaints .. Still a nice phone IMO. Maybe I'll get the 3 or 5 once my current phone dies.
>>
Got a Samsung Galaxy S6 for Christmas. I wish there was a way to root it already for verizon on 5.1.1
>>
>>52158071
Not him, but I have the same issue on sgs2. Do you know a way to fix this?
>>
This thread is more used so does anyone know what is happening here?
>>52159619
>>52158167
>>
>>52149570
I currently have a moto G 1st gen but it's almost dead, I'll have to change it.
What should I get ? I would like you put 200 dollars in it. Maximum would be 300.
I thought about Zenfone 2, Redmi Note 2 or 3.

What should I get ?
>>
>no chinaphones operate on US 4g bands

:(
>>
I have a Nexus 5 that has a weird issue with the screen. For instance whenever I try to wake up the phone, half the time only the backlight will display but I won't get anything else on the screen. I'll still even feel the phone vibrate and hear sound. Has anyone ever had this happen before?
>>
File: tumblr_n7a8waJqSy1t3w37po1_400.gif (458 KB, 384x216) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n7a8waJqSy1t3w37po1_400.gif
458 KB, 384x216
/g/, you are my only hope. Which smartphone manufacturer is associated with the most reliable GPS? I fell for the early Lumia meme with the 630 because of its GPS, GPS-A and GLONASS, but it's shiiiiiit... It loses signal on nearly every other bicycle ride exactly just like the newer Lumia 435 did in this review on notebookcheck:

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Microsoft-Lumia-435-Smartphone-Review.136843.0.html

The fix is usually fast, but the reliability is a whole another thing and sadly not something they elaborate on in most smartphone reviews. What they usually say is something along the lines of:
>"Hurr it gets fix in a few seconds so the GPS is good cuz GLONASS and derp."
And that's not helpful at all. =(
>>
I don't see a dumbphone thread.

>has good DAC
>plays FLAC
>costs <$50

Does it exist?
>>
>>52160635
It's the waterproofing plus overheating hardware in a cramped space. Every Xperia Z series phone has the problem to some degree.
>>
>>52161478
Probably not in a dumbphone. Good DACs are only going to be in brand name stuff and dumbphones are typically cheap generic shit or Nokia garbage.
>>
>>52161283
Got any brightness mods going on?
>>
>>52161466
I dunno about your actual question, but I will say that my LG G4's GPS has yet to fail me, and I've used it very often. Had the phone since it was the new hot shit.
>>
If you use anything but an iPhone, you deserve to die. This is not a joke.
>>
>>52161579

None at all. I've even flashed back to stock multiple times and the problem still happens. Just trying to figure out what could be causing it.
>>
>>52161645
Maybe loose connection somewhere. Definitely sounds like a hardware issue if flashing back to stock and wiping everything didn't help.
>>
>>52153479
no it's not
>>
Is there a way to manually focus on android? Other than tapping the screen a lot and hoping for the best.
>>
>>52161559
Does it have to be a dumbphone?
>>
>>52162505
You can probably get a smurtphone with a decent DAC used, but it's not going to be under $50.
>>
>>52153264
I'd love to get a Nexus 6 but the no expandable storage is a bummer. What's the next best alternative?
>>
>>52150697
More than worth it. Get that and get a flip cover cause it's neat shit to use. I love mine and I'm on AT&T.
>>
>>52159112
Unused RAM is wasted RAM, if you launch an application that needs RAM it will close down things that dont need the RAM..
>>
>>52149570
no way to kick it out of a boot loop if you're on attt
Im basically stuck with a paperweight because there is no way to reflash the phone
>>
What is the best smartphone in a range of 200 dollars to 300
>>
>>52163135
You're kidding yourself if you don't think the constant swapping of process in and out of RAM doesn't have an effect on battery life and performance. And not to mention most of the stuff Android preloads into RAM is useless carrier/Google bloatware that just runs in the background, draining your battery and getting in the way of the programs you actually want running on the fucking thing.
>>
>>52163135
Android does not act like PC OS when it comes to memory management. There are generally two process states - Running, and completely killed. Please read this - https://possiblemobile.com/2014/06/effects-android-application-termination/

Also, Android will kill user processes before it kills system processes. Guess what all the carrier bloat and Google apps are? Guess what yours are?
>>
I have a Moto X (XT1575) and I'm wondering where I can download the lollipop 6.0 image to flash
>>
Should I buy a Note 4 or a Note 5?
>>
What's the Note 4 of this year? I've been thinking of buying the 5 but the nonremovable battery bugs the crap out of me
>>
>>52164257
Just wait for the OTA. I got it two days ago.
>>
>>52165296
i have it but also have a custom recovery so i cant flash it
>>
I made the mistake of buying the LG v10. It is a great phone with good specs and features, but coming from a oneplus one, I did not realize that AT&T officially locked all of their bootloaders and basically rules out rooting the phone. If I really care about root, should I just return/sell the v10 and buy some chinkphone like the redmi note 3 (which seems absurdly good for $200...)?
>>
Upgrading i9300 to CM13 through TWRP

What am I in for?
>>
Best phone widely available for the general public?

S6?
Z5?
LG?
>>
>>52166072
Probably the S6, however it depends on what you want in a phone.
>>
>>52166046
Can't connect to the Google servers for google play..
>>
>>52153433
>That UI
Fucking disgusting.
>>
>>52149570
I bought one about a week ago, what I've run into so far is: No CyanogenMod, Updates don't work (had to get the update pushed manually from AT&T just yesterday) and still heats up noticeably.
>>
Can I ask for some help regarding CM 12.1? I just rooted my phone, and the last time I configured it was CM 12 so I'm trying to get things back the way they were, but some options seem to be missing. Is there a way I can change what's in the notification drawer again? And is there a way I can change what long press on Home does again? Or is CM 12.1 telling me to fuck myself and I should just flash it back to 12?
>>
>>52152888
Not the guy you're responding to, but I would never buy a mid tier smartphone. Last year's flagships are the same price (if not cheaper) and have more community and OEM support.
>>
Hey spg
I dont know a lot about smartphones but I wanted to know if it would make sense upgrading from a S4 right now
I got it for 2-3 years now I think and it a bit worn down by now.
Is there something that would be a reason to spend +500€ for a new one? Or should I just keep it till its dead and then buy another new S4?
>>
>>52166072
S6 for performance, LG for all-round good shit, Z5 for battery life
>>
>>52167007
Depends which S4 you have, SD800 or 600? I would upgrade, I came to a G3 from an S4 and it's just so much quicker.
>>
>>52167026
I dont even know which one I have. How do I check? Its my first smartphone really I admit I was a bit careless when buying it and relied on a friends endorsement
>>
Anyone know if this ROM for the Moto X is any good?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/moto-x-style/development/rom-trupurex-fast-smooth-t3237155
>>
Who else /oneplusx/ here?
>>
>>52167351
*crickets*
>>
/spg/, what should I get if I need:

-band 12 on T-Mobile
-screen no bigger than 5.5 inches
-as close to stock Android as possible
-as good a camera as possible

-microSD slot (not essential)
>>
>>52167782
IPhone 6s plus
>>
>>52167351
Soon
>>
>>52149570
so i'm in the market for a new phone

i like compact phones what would you guys recommend?

i don't use many apps and shit like that i just use it for basic shit browsing the web and shit like that
>>
File: file.png (150 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
file.png
150 KB, 640x360
This phone is probably going to come out at the end of this month. Who's hype?
>>
>>52168722
Not me
>>
I have a choice between the galaxy s6 [edge] and the lg g4. Help me pick.
>>
>>52168855
Why not?
>>
>>52168899
Elephone Ivory 5.0"
>>
>>52168722
>Miui

I admire Xiaomi specs on their phones but I just can't chill on not having normal android. Also are they releasing it for US bands?
>>
>>52168902
One plus X is the way to go nigga
>>
>>52168956
Kek
No. I'm cucked into the sprint upgrade plan so those are my only real choices.
>>
>>52168902
Not band 4 support for 4g, elephones are releasing his phones with this band... Looks good desu
>>
>>52169004
100 bucks for 8core, dual sim, 2gb ram 16gb ROM, 13 mpx camera, android 6 and support for american carriers.

Is looking good
>>
>>52169031
Will it have support for CDMA?
>>
>>52169031
It does look good, I almost got it (still might) but I got a $50 free credit for the P9000 coming out and it's only 1cm longer with a 5.5" 1080p. Waiting for more info to leak and I'm not positive what sensor the Ivory has but the P9000 is Sony.
>>
>>52169046
>WCDMA:B1/B2/B4/B5 (2100/1900/1700/850)
>>
>>52169046
Kek I forgot you are cucked by sprint.

Im not sure anon, read the full specs and tell us as I dont use us network, I live in the beaner country
>>
>>52169090
Forgot link

http://www.elephone.hk/ELE-Ivory
>>52169061
I also did this but I might get a one plus X, already have a phablet and I preferencia 5 inch device
>>
>>52169111
> preferencia

Damn autocorrector
>>
>>52169111
I currently have a 4.5" and 5" probably has better battery life with an equal size battery as a 5.5"

5" seems like a size I would prefer too the One Plus X looks awesome.
>>
>>52169156
Indeed, I have big hands but what drives me mad about my honor 4x its not comfy as my Moto G was. The amoled on OPX looks really good.
>>
>>52169061
I looked up the Ivory and support says the cam sensor is by Sony, I'd guess the IMX214 13MP.
>>
>>52152857
a 6000mah battery? Pls explain
>>
>>52153706
Got the 5x recently, I don't have too much experience but its way better than a glitchy iPhone 5s
>>
>>52168991
Impossible. Chinks LOVE apple and by copying their ui they probably are of higher interest to buyers in China. If you want stock android you should get one with cm support.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-01-01-01-11-09.png (619 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-01-01-01-11-09.png
619 KB, 720x1280
>>52169340
True, i fucking hate Emui
>>
>>52169340
Yeah I know that's why they make Miui look like that, but I'm american and Apple is shit
>>
>>52169359
>no app drawer
Yeah miui sucks.

>>52169360
Why won't you support a company that is based in america anon ? They deeply care about you(r money)!

If you need a cheap device the mi4i has cm support I think. Check out xda if you can see any unofficial ROMs or cyanogenmod website.
Or something different entirely
Meizu makes / made an Ubuntu phone. Maybe that's more to you liking, although Ubuntu touch has few apps (which is sad really)
>>
I got roughly $150 I can spend on a phone, should I get a used lg g2, blu studio x, moto g or something else?
>>
>>52169417
I have a few options I'm weighing the Mi4 is quite nice.
>>
>>52169442
Elephone ivory
>>
>>52169442
If you're in the US there's also the elephone P8000 which is 5.5" 1080p, 1.3ghz 8-core, 3gb ram, 16gb rom, touch sensor, 13MP samsung rear 5MP front. North America version is $164.
>>
>>52169650
Oh and 4,100mAh. That's important lel
>>
>>52169527
>>52169697
Doesn't really work for me cause it doesn't seem to work all with at&t (only 2g) and I need a phone for cricket. Are there any other options?
>>
When will we get an improved moto g?

>4.5/7"
>sd slot
>non-outdated chipset
>curved back
>a DAC that isn't horseshit
>>
>>52149570
Anyone any experience with this:
https://www.wileyfox.com/de/swift/
?
>>
File: g3.png (352 KB, 525x600) Image search: [Google]
g3.png
352 KB, 525x600
Got this yesterday.
Should I root the stock rom and clear out the LG bloatware, or just install Cyanogenmod?
>>
>>52169758
Look for the north american versions they're supported for GSM 3g and LTE
>>
Any recommendations for a galaxy s5 rom? I just want a fast rom that doesn't really kill battery life
>>
Looking to replace my aging Jellybean smartphone
I'm looking for something around 200€ and I've narrowed it down to 3 options
>LG G4c
>LG Spirit
>Motorola G gen3

Any experiences?
>>
>>52170234
all three are bad, but the lg ones only have 1gig of ram so don't get those
>>
>>52170322
Any recommendations for better options in that price range?
>>
Which smart phone should I get? Price doesn't matter. Carrier is T mobile
>>
>>52170322
I have 300mb ram used with stock rom.
How much ram do you need to browse websites and play youtube videos.
>>
>>52170565
not really, get the moto g I guess. unless you want to buy some unknown chinkbrand you can't do better
>>52170803
google chromeâ„¢
also what stock rom? that's impressive
>>
>>52170803
2gb or more since they're usind lpddr3 now
>>
>>52170852
I'm talking while sitting idle.
Stock rom android 5.0.1 that the phone came with.
Like seriously just turn off services you don't need,don't install free apps from google playstore that use ads and run services in background and you are set.
I use FF as browser and its all fine

>>52170857
I only read 3 tabs at a time since I dont use my phone as my primary shitosting station.
Im doing fine using FF for 4chan while running poweramp in the backround playing wav files with viper4android and convolver on.
1GB fits my needs.
>>
>>52169775
It's fantastic for the price
>>
>>52169775
Recovery is fucked. Other than that its fine.
>>
>>52170852
I rather stay with the bigger brands, no updates, no custom roms + some shitty dev choices has made my weary of lesser known brands.

I don't expect the best of the best at that price point, just want something that runs a few basic apps & games fluently and has some sort of long term support.

>>52169775
Any idea whether this is good, specs are about the same as the high end moto g, while it's cheaper than the low end one. Since it runs cyanogen mod, I'm not all that concerned about not receiving updates.
>>
>>52170963
looks like that doesn't have an sd card

look into the g2, it's a bit more but worth it if you can endure the bigger screen
>>
>>52171079
Swift has SD card support + removable battery
>>
I had been running CM12 on my Galaxy s5, but just now flashed it back to stock. Everything works, except it wont detect the sim card. I just get "Insert SIM card to access network services" when there is a sim in the slot. I've tried multiple wipes with no luck.
>>
File: Microsoft-Lumia-532-Dual-SIM1.jpg (69 KB, 800x612) Image search: [Google]
Microsoft-Lumia-532-Dual-SIM1.jpg
69 KB, 800x612
Is the Lumia 532 any good? I'm just looking for a simple device for:

>GPS tracking (bicycle rides)
>Listening to music (while doing the above)
>And the occasional 4chins browsing

The 532 seems to tick most of the boxes. I wish it had a flash and an IPS display but oh well. It has a quad-core CPU and a 1 GB RAM + micro SD card slot. It should get the Windows 10 update. Overall it seems like a good value for the money. What does /g/ think?
>>
Pro tip: DON'T BUY LG SMARTPHONES. BUY SAMSUNG.

Sure LG may have the removable battery when everyone else doesn't, but you're better off carrying a USB charger and Samsung then you are with LGarbage
>>
>>52172585

Nice try, Samshill.
>>
>>52171511
I meant the wileyfox thing
>>
Hi I'm looking to replace my Sony Xperia z for T-Mobile and the current lineup for T-Mobile doesn't look promising and I'm interested in an asus phone. Any recommendations?
>>
I upgraded from Moto G 4G to Nexus 5X.

It's coming Sunday.

Is it going to be gud boys
>>
>>52172585
>touchwizz
>>
Is my phone about to die if black elements display purple shadows when scrolling or is it WAI and I've just never noticed before? It's a Note 3
>>
>>52173959
Yeah. The wileyfox swift has SD card support.
>>
>>52169761
this
>>
>>52169761
>sub 5" screen

I wish anon. I wish
>>
>>52172566
Windows mobile is still a hot mess.
>>
>>52166087
>>52167008

Thank you very much!
Sorry for replying so late.

On the LG what do you mean by all-round good shit?

Regarding the Z5,
>>52156335
Seems to think the battery life of the Z5C is too iffy to be worth the purchase, the Z5 doesn't have that issue?
>>
>>52149570
Do you use protective cases or glasses /spg/?
>>
>>52170947
Thought recoveryis only fucked one ncrypted devices - does everyone encrypt their device these days?
>>
>>52168956
dat curved glass and 95% ntsc for $99
>>
>>52165991
What do you think about the phone in general?
I'm debating between the V10 and the M9 for my Verizon upgrade from the One M7.

I really like the speakers and UX on HTC's One phones, and I use Blinkfeed quite a bit, but some of the features on the V10 seem pretty neat.
>>
>>52149570

Between the Nexus 5x 16GB and Moto X Play which should I get?

Nexus is 400EUR and Play is ~320EUR. I'm afraid 16GB won't be enough on the nexus and the other has a good price. 400 is already expensive and on the play store it's 470.
>>
>>52175196
No. As in fucked I mean you can't reset your phone to factory settings because it'll never enter the recovery mode. Its broken ootb for some devices. Had the problem myself, I was able to reset the phone via adb fastboot. Never encountered that problem on a device before(encrypted or unencrypted)
>>
>>52149570

It's an old phone, don't get it. Old in terms of "you won't see any android upgrades".
>>
>>52153501
AND IT SOLD
CYA NEXUS 5X U PIECE OF SHIT
>>
>>52152377
>
>>52152397
same fag
>>
>>52175166
Galaxy vs Z5 vs LG comparison please?

Galaxy was called best performance, is that in terms of smoothness, etc?
Does that Z5 ave anything goig for it other than battery life?
The LG is an all-rounder, in what sense?

Thank you /g/omrades
>>
>>52175506
Stay away from Moto X
>>
>>52150935
Get Fulmics rom. Stock based, quicker, better battery. Do change to 1080p resolution too. Had my G3 since last March and its a great phone.
>>
>>52176184

Well shit it was going to be my option. Why? Moto X Play BTW, not sure if it's available in the US.
>>
>>52175538
lel
>>
File: 1451451.gif (2 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
1451451.gif
2 MB, 480x270
>G4

Other than the battery everything else is just fine. Wish I knew I way to get rid of all the bloat without rooting
>>
>>52176233
Cameras suck 21mpx of shit, front camera is a joke, CPU get hot 615 is as bad a 810
>>
>>52176482
>615 is as bad a 810

what are you talking about?
>>
>>52176482

how does it compare to nexus 5x boi?
>>
Hi, my GT I9505's screen has bricked.
The screen is cracked, and the display has cracked.
Is a total screen replacement worth it?
Or is technology cheap enough to get something similar for much less?
>>
>Motorola Nexus 6 (Midnight Blue, 64GB)

Best. Smartphone. Ever. I considered getting the LG V10 but the skin soured me on the deal. Nexus 6P is too expensive, I can wait.
>>
>>52176969
>phone
>>
Hey, i'm looking to upgrade to a new phone. I currently have a galaxy S5, and while I really dig it, it's starting to age pretty badly. The bottom half of the screen at low brightness flashes yellow like fucking crazy, and the speakers aren't that great.

I'm looking towards either the Note 4 or HTC One M8, currently. Most important things to me is having a speaker thats loud enough to be heard over the shower, sd/micro sd capability, decent camera (about as good as the GS5), and good for reading with. I read the speakers on the Note 4 isn't as good as the M8's, but I feel that the stylus gimmick can compensate for that as an emergency note taker. Which one would be better, or if you know of a better one, any recommendations? Gotta stick with AT&T because contracts, unfortunately.

Oh, and a battery that can last for a normal work day would be great. I don't really use phones for much besides texting, reading, and music, so my GS5 can last the whole day without needing to charge until I get home from work.
>>
>>52176215
Not that anon but, I got a G3 2 weeks ago. Is the retarded "we'll add everything in your phone and there's nothing you can do" lollipop recents in this ROM? Is there a lollipop ROM with the kitkat recents or, something similar?
>>
>donated $5 to elephone p9000

don't fuck me over china
>>
>>52177233
I have the M8. It's a great phone, the speakers are fucking loud and have good sound. It has a neat mSD tray, just bought a cheap 32 GB card just for starters (I don't need more than that for now).

The phone build is simply glorious, all metal, very polished, it just screams premium build.

The camera is very hit or miss. Sometimes it works OK, sometimes it just crashes. It's weird, but shooting fast HD video works better than the camera. The front camera (for selfies, etc) actually works better than the back camera. Overall, I can't say the camera is decent. I just bought the phone because I don't take many pictures, and if I need to take some, I can either use my Canon or try to get a good shot with the phone. It can be frustrating, though.

If you're looking for a top notch camera, get the Note.
If you're looking for the best front-facing stereo speakers ever, and the camera is less important to you, get the M8. The M8 also has better build and just looks amazing. But it all depends on whether the camera is important to you. Then, again, different people had different issues with their phones, it might be just mine which has issues with the camera.
>>
Hi, I am looking for a cheap smartphone that supports following app:
Sleep Android
It needs to be cheap, if it works for this, I am happy.
>>
whats the best smartphone i can get for 120$?
>>
>>52178311
Where. Probably moto G for you.
>>
File: 1425658661677.jpg (34 KB, 500x348) Image search: [Google]
1425658661677.jpg
34 KB, 500x348
SERIOUS QUESTION

I need a phone since I am traveling. I have a fucked up galaxy core that I made into a freedom weeabo phone. It is busted up so that is not an option.

Is the Wiley Storm ft. Cyanogen OS rooted by default?

>>52153479

The response to this guy says no; google says maybe, yes, and no.

So, can anyone provide some facts about this? If it is not rooted how could I root it?

I want my "freedom"

BONUS QUESTION! What is that phone called that has complete transparency about how it is built and the cost?
>>
So is extSD card support fucked for MM or something? Titanium Backup can't write to my backups folder on my external.

I'm not going to format the card to internal storage.
>>
>>52149570
If you can get past the curvy shit and backcover buttons then specs wise is a very good phone. I can't speak for the UI though i don't know it
>>
>>52177493
Thanks, gonna dig into it, then.
>>
Torn between buying an lg g4, currently on sale, now or waiting for v10 that is scheduled for release late January in my country,
>>
>>52179276
This is always what I pictured when people said they didn't need a smartphone because they already had a computer, phone, etc.
>>
>>52179928
I have been saying that forever. I have never really owned a smartphone with a sim card.

I hate Canada's providers; they are all rip offs.

BUT! I cannot venture off with a fat wallet and just a backpack without some form of communication.
>>
>>52176358
Google Debloater XDA.
>>
>>52179882
g4
>>
Any recommendations for a large screen phone with an awesome battery life? Not much else matters here.
>>
>>52182516
6s Plus
>>
>>52182583
>apple
Fuck no.
Thread replies: 225
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.