[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Not sure if I should post this in /vr/. Anyways, best emulators
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 4
Not sure if I should post this in /vr/. Anyways, best emulators on windows bread.

Here's what I have so far:
BBC Micro- BeebEm
Apple ][- I've yet to find a good emulator.
Atari 2600- Stella
ScummVM
SNES- SNES9X 1.53 x64
NES- Nestopia
Doom SP- GZDoom and Zandronum
Quake SP- Darkplaces
GC- Dolphin latest stable release
ARCADE) Mame64/Mess64, Nebula (not sure how well it works in windows 10. Crashed in Win8.1)
GEN- Kega Fusion
PSX- trusty PSXfin + BIOS download i found on theisozone or ePSXe
DC-Trusty NullDC+BIOS download i found on theisozone
PC Virtualization- Oracle VirtualBox
N64- Deciding which meme version to fall for, i heard all of the version 2's suck but I've yet to try them. 1.6 worked well for the most part. If it doesn't work then i might give Mupen64Plus a try.
Amiga- WinUAE or just torrent amiga forever
C64- Vice
Atari 8-bit- Atari800WinPlus

TL;DR: Your favorite emulators on Window$.
>>
Most of those are quite bad
>>
Your list is way off...

http://nonmame.retrogames.com/
>>
I always used PJ64 for n64, is that what you're referring to when you say 2.s and 1.6?
>>
Games are for (man)children
>>>/vr/
>>
>>52106097
yeah

>>52106093
wym? i need emus that will work in windows 10.
>>
>>52106041
This is 18+ site child.
>>
>>52106127
>muh vidya child elitism

actually kill yourself lmao
>>
>>52106144
>You will immediately cease and not continue to access the site if you are under the age of 18.
>>
>>52106127
Kek, men can play games too.
>muh only entertainment is work
>>
>>52106190
He's a slave, give him a break.
>>
>>52106190
>>52106196
Manchildren aren't welcome on /g/ either.
Back to your containment boards
>>>/v/
>>>/vg/
>>>/vr/
>>
>>52106217
continue being a niggerslave
>>
>>52106217
We aren't talking about games. We're talking about software compatibility.
>>
>>52106254
Forgot your memefrog /reddit9k/
>>
File: smug anime face 1.jpg (29 KB, 523x592) Image search: [Google]
smug anime face 1.jpg
29 KB, 523x592
>>52106288
>using memefrogs
>>
>>52106304
>plays games
>watches anime
lol manchild
>>
>>52106332
says the dorito cheeto thinkpad neckbeardo :^)
>>
>>52106368
>implying I use chinkpad with lincucks
>>
Derailment.

Serious about the point of software compatibility. Making the jump to Windows 10 and I want to still he a manchild on the weekends.
>>
>>52106111
>>52106127
>>52106217
>Manchildren aren't welcome on /g/ either.
Tell that to the faggot OPs of the 40 repetitive gaming PC build threads, guts and speccy threads you strangely are nowhere to be found in, fucking false flagging gamertard faggots
>>
>>52106041
This isn't /vr/ you stupid manchild.
>>
>>52106389
It's /v/ermin infecting /g/ with their childish games.
>>
>>52106383
enjoy your botnet autismo
>>
>>52106389
holy fuck you nailed it right on the fucking head my nigga
>>
>>52106041
virtualbox is a hypervisor, not an emulator
and it's a shit one at that

PCem is really nice for PC compatible emulation, they're going ultra-autistic on emulated hardware configurations to the point that you can practically build your own shitbox the way you want, instead of other emulators and their boring "it just werks" shit that takes half of the excitement out of the hobby
>>
>>52106389
Because I filter that garbage. This somehow fell through.
>>
>>52106412
yeah, and I don't see you in there telling everyone to kill themselves like you should be

back to the >>>/trash/ kiddo
>>
>>52106411
>/vr/
>manchildren
that place is usually a better place to discuss technology than here desu
>>
>>52106493
should i just repost it there?
>>
>>52106514
you'll probably get a little emulation vs. physical hardware discussion, but yeah, /g/ is shit for this kind of stuff, it's really shit for anything that isn't trendy facebook toys like smartphones and ultrabooks ever since tech hipsters and gamertards took the place over
>>
>>52106573
>discussion
I don't know why I said that, I meant to say "shitposting"
>>
>>52106217
You seem to be confused with following the maymays, but just for your information: If you weren't THIS new, you would already know about /g/'s and /vr/'s friendship. This is because /g/ and /v/ likes technology. Our relationship to /v/ is different; for /v/ technology is not relevant - it's all about consume.
Get your memes right, insult /v/, but be friendly to /vr/.
>>
File: 1447159955794.jpg (443 KB, 1651x2336) Image search: [Google]
1447159955794.jpg
443 KB, 1651x2336
>>52106686
this
>>
>>52106686
Hello reddit. /g/ and /vr/ aren't friends
>>
>>52106686
>This is because /g/ and /v/ likes technology
meant actually /vr/ here
>>
>>52106728
/diy/ and /vr/ both took in a lot of migrants from /g/ who actually knew shit about technology
>>
>/vr/
Are you serious? They're as anti-emulator as it gets. Because it threatens their precious cartridge ownership secret club.

I remember meeting fucking faggots like this years ago and wondering why they would do this.
>Hey duuuude, remember this old snes/nes game... it was sooo cool, I wish I could get an old console and play it again
>whip out laptop with rom set and explain what an emulator is
>HAHA ISN'T THAT ILLEGAL OR SOMETHING, I'M GONNA GO OVER HERE NOW
>no it isn't besides nobody cares about old games and even if it were, you didn't do it and still get to play it
>...YEAH... WELL... IT PROBABLY WOULDN'T BE THE SAME AS PLAYING IT ON THE CONSOLE BYE BYE
weeks later
>Bawwww... I couldn't find a console on craiglist or a local vintage store...
>well if you insist on having it that bad why not get it online here's a listing for less than $40
>HAHAHA I DON'T BUY THINGS ON THE INTERNET THAT'S A SCAM DUDE... BYE

hardware fucks are like leonard shelby from memento they rip out all the information they need and forget about it so they can pine for their games of old and never play them because they would finally see it as an adult and judge it harshly. /vr/ is chock full of this type of fuck.
>>
>>52106818
and when they actually use emulator they make the game look ugly as shit like original HW
>>
>>52106041
>best emulators on windows bread
this is an unix board, faggot

so,
c64: vice
amiga: fs-uae
nintendo stuff: mednafen
arcarde: mame
>>
>>52106818
>They're as anti-emulator as it gets.
So anti-emulator they're on their fourth 300+ post emulation general thread.
>>
>>52106818
>They're as anti-emulator as it gets
meh, that are /vr/ memes
that's just like saying /g/ is only using exclusive free distros like trisquel
i think you get the point
>>
>>52106840
Oh yes that's my favorite type of anti-emulator fag, "perfect" losers. 2D is bad enough when they have to have an emulator with scanlines and a faked curved monitor "because it was what the game was tested on" and also funny as shit when they have to keep the computer on because "it didn't have a save button when it came with it".

It's hilarious to see game devs comment years on a company decision to not have a battery because it would cost too much and they're still living in this delusional alternate reality where they must keep the PC on for 5 weeks straight.

But 3D is turbo autism to do this with because you can have 10 times the res, nobody remembers that most 64 games were 320 x 240 and it makes me laugh to see some chucklefuck with a 1920 x 1080 or etc monitor choose 320 on purpose. Also fun to see these losers insist on going with a real 64 controller and still defending it even though nintendo had to issue gloves to make up for kids eating away the palms of their hands.
>>
>no discussion about emulator web fronends
do you even javascript
>>
>>52106853
>unix board
GNU/Linux is not UNIX you retard, unless there are super secret unlisted Solaris/HP-UX/AIX threads I'm not aware of
>>
>>52106969
inb4 cuckjs memes and hipster pictures till 404
>>
>>52106936
You just described two types of people I hate.
2D Scanlines CRT
3D Low-res no AA/AF
Both equally disgusting. At that point buy the real HW if you're that autistic.
>>
>>52106983
sorry, let me please your autism: UNIXOID
>>
>>52107013
we're talking about operating systems not some B movie ayy lmao species
>>
File: 1444460864684.gif (2 MB, 265x308) Image search: [Google]
1444460864684.gif
2 MB, 265x308
>>52106936
>"it didn't have a save button when it came with it"
these are actually things i kinda love at /vr/
>>
>>52106983
There are plenty of Mac OS X threads.
>>
>>52107075
>implaying ANY mac thread is technology related
>>
>>52107075
as cynical as it sounds the Open Group will certify any Unix-like as a real UNIX if you pay them enough
>>
how do I run windows 2000 on my super nintendo?
>>
>>52107060
The best paradox is when they don't let the emulator save, but put their laptop or desktop to sleep mode. Because they don't know how any of this shit works.
>>
>>52106217
/g/ is fucking manchild central and always has been
>>
>>52107135
Do you have any evidence at all of this assertion?
>>
>>52107643
I'm looking for the page I read it on, what the fuck

I was pretty sure TOG gave RHEL or SuSE UNIX 03 or some kind of similar certification, but maybe I'm wrong because it's not listed anywhere on their website.
>>
I use retroarch for most of the shit. Really don't see why people bitch so much about it aside from the UI (which takes like 5 minutes to learn how to use)

MAME is a different thing though.
>>
>>52106041
>SNES
>not ZSNES

Are you retarded?
>>
>>52106217
>Manchildren aren't welcome on /g/ either

Shit, from looking at most frequent daily threads I would think otherwise.
>>
>>52106217
/g/ is as manchild as /v/ at this point, except instead of inane arguments over consoles they have inane arguments over platforms and hipster macbook clone shit

this is literally one of the shittiest mainstream tech communities on the internet
>>
>>52106775
Currently going through both of them and most posts there really are interesting and on topic.

Goodbye >>>/g/ hello >>>/vr/ and and >>>/diy/
Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.