[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mozilla plans to kill off full themes!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 97
Thread images: 13
File: rip1.jpg (125 KB, 804x653) Image search: [Google]
rip1.jpg
125 KB, 804x653
https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1222546

So, what do you say now Firefox and Mozilla apologists? Or believers that ad-ons can save you of feature take outs?

Mozilla has made another big step on the Chrome road, to be as stupid and minimalistic as Chrome!

Enjoy, Google Chrome clone fags :)
>>
>>51232399
You know, I'm okay with this, under the condition that there will be an add-on to add the functionality back.
>>
>>51232716
You Firefox apologists are really the greatest stupid cunts after all.

Will you assholes never learn?
>>
Why are you still using FF. You should have switched to Pale Moon a long time ago.
>>
File: 1438402876622.jpg (13 KB, 379x374) Image search: [Google]
1438402876622.jpg
13 KB, 379x374
>>51232734
>>
File: 91474.jpg (10 KB, 255x198) Image search: [Google]
91474.jpg
10 KB, 255x198
>inb4 themes are sexist and promote sexualisation of womyn.

Is there anyone left using firefox other than pasty white virgin linux users trying to brown-nose fat feminists and trans freaks because real women are repulsed by them? lmao.
>>
>>51232399
If they take away Classic Theme Restorer functionality, I'll jump ship.
>>
>>51232785
Well, people who are using still Firefox are the Open Source zealots!

>iNo matter how bad Firefox becomes and smells like Chrome, at least we are Botnet free and it is FOSS

Wrong Anons! You are using Mozilla Botnet and Firefox is full already with closed source elements like DRM and Pocket, while Mozilla makes business with shady fucktard companies like the coop for the Chat feature or the coop with Samsung!
>>
>>51232832
If only Ice Weasel actually worked.
>>
>>51232399
thats good, really hope they kill it sooner & faster.

>>51232832
only in firefox you can opt out everything you dont like.
>>
>>51233689
Shut the fuck up you worthless cocksucker, stupid fucking fucktard, asshole!

Stupid cocksucker Mozilla apologist, stupid Mozilla shill, stupid Mozilla Google cocksucker!

Go the hell you worthless creature, you small and tiny subhuman!

FUCK OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>51233689
It is exactly because of the kind of you worthless n00bs and simple users that we others lose all our complex features!

Go down in the cellar and jump against the wall until you do not move any longer!

Fucktard! Pendejo! Maricon!
>>
>>51232399
Just one more step for me using edge.
>>
>>51232785
I use open source for Stallman-sama nerd
>>
>>51233689
I know you stupid fucktard cowboy, anti customization racist skunk - that you have a big gun at home.. not the one in your skirt, you maricon!

Now grab it and use it against yourselve! Creatures like you have no right to exist! Pendejo! Maricon! Stupid smelling skunk!

Damn Woman!
>>
>>51232399
Why did it have to end like this ;_;
>>
>>51234098
Are you sand nigger or spic? I'm sort of bad at differentiating shitskins.

POO IN LOO
O
O

I
N

L
O
O
>>
Chrome master race reporting in
>>
>>51232785
does Chrome/Chromium finally support "middle click" button to paste an URL into the browser and load its requested page ?
>>
You're surprised? They're killing off the old addons, why wouldn't they kill the themes too? Mustn't have people customizing the browser to look different from Chrome, that would be heretical.
>>
File: 1446342125177.jpg (28 KB, 511x539) Image search: [Google]
1446342125177.jpg
28 KB, 511x539
What's the interest of making these threads? I've been seeing firefox shitting for a while now. Yeah, some mozilla faggot is making bad decisions. So what?

Is there any better browser out there? Chrom* is even shittier in terms of customization and is proprietary. Vivaldi is closed-source for no reason (suspicious) and made over fucking JS, and its interface isn't ergonomic at all.

All that's left at this point is to wait for Otter Browser to be stable, as they plan to include firefox/chrome extensions support. It's a good project, but it's FOSS, and FOSS progresses slowly without a company to back it up like Mozilla or Canonical.

Why are you fags even shitposting so hard by making these threads? What do you even use? The Pale Moon fork that has broken extensions support and may stop being updated any day now?

I really don't get some people on /g/. And this isn't recent. Bait threads have become more and more recent over the years.

Please stop making this board worse than it is.
>>
>>51234213
>Stop pointing out that firefox has been sucking chrome dick for 5 years, slowly ruining their own browser, and hasn't made a single good decision in years

The reason I switched to chrome desu senpai
>>
>firefox is going full chrome
>pale meme is lacking in extensions
>chromium is still a bit botnet and lacking
>vivaldi is chrome with another build in botnet

Fuck. I just want Firefox for hobbyists.
>>
>>51234269
>switching from a browser that is decent but turning to shit to a browser that already is total shit

Genius.
>>
>>51234304
pale meme can install firefox addons you know
most of them work
>>
>>51234535
Last time I tried it less than half of the ones I used worked.
>>
>>51232399
fuck. why isn't there a good free as in freedom alternative. don't say chromium because I don't trust anything made by kikegle
>>
>>51234551
lynx
>>
>>51232399
Why is theme support so important to you guys? Just so you can rice it out?
>>
>>51234551
Otter Browser is still in development but very usable
http://otter-browser.org/

I know it probably seems like I'm shilling but this project really needs more exposure because it's basically /g/: the browser (completely customizable, firefox/chrome extension APIs support, skins, built-in internet suite including RSS IRC/libpurple BitTorrent and mail client)
>>
>>51232399
Guess I'll be on an old version forever. Eat shit mozilla foundation.
>>
>>51234679
Themes were hyped-up long ago when they were still called Fursonas.
>>
>>51232399
> themes which can do arbitrary styling and replace chrome packages.
What did he mean by addons that can replace chrome packages?
>>
>>51234213
>Vivaldi
Do not come up again with that "Open Source is holier than Closed Source"!

I too can say Vivaldi is thanks to it's CSS UI more customizable than Firefox (which will be soon true)

You can say whatever you want, more and more people switch away from Firefox to Browsers like these, even if they are Botnet or not as polished.

Eat this fucktard!
>>
>>51234213
Firefox is gonna die, and it is in everyone's interest to find a better replacement. Just because it is not as much as shit as Chrome, it is still shit!

Fuck Open Source, fuck Proprietary licences.... Most people only care about the developer attitude.

Mozilla devs=traitor morons 1
Chrome devs=total morons
Opera devs= traitor morons 2
>>
>>51234843
Vivaldi is slow as balls. It looks nice, but it's slow as balls. FF is quick, and as customizable.
>>
>>51234883
Fucktard, Firefox is an UI Chrome clone, it was customizable before Australis you stupid fucktard
>>
File: 1446383918040.png (81 KB, 416x378) Image search: [Google]
1446383918040.png
81 KB, 416x378
>>51234912
>>51234879
>>51234843
Why are you so angry? It feels like you're the same person. Chill out a bit already, Firefox is still the better browser out there even if it's getting worse.

Do you enjoy doing those shitposts on /g/? You sound like /v/ermin.
>>
>>51234883
Real customization = native features built inside the core product

add-ons=fake customization which works worse, is buggy, made by hobby developers and that road is only taken by devs if they want to support simple fags only!
>>
>>51234931
Fuck up cunt!

Shove that fucking Chrome clone in your ass you worthless prick! Firefox sucks, and only simple fags use it anymore, as most power users have abandoned this piece of cunt code already!
>>
>>51232785
Your post is equivalent to a wet fart.
>>
Who /ubuntu iceweasel/ here....
>>
>>51234912
Go back to Mexico you retarded beaner.
>>51234934
>hobby developers
Yeah, Linux is so buggy. That's why it's the most widely used OS in existence.
>>
Install Palemoon.
>>
>>51232832
What are they doing with Samsung?
>>
File: cantstumpthisman.jpg (16 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
cantstumpthisman.jpg
16 KB, 300x300
>>51235014
Carlos, you're fired.
>>
>>51232785
>how much buzzwords can I fit into one post
>>
File: literallyunstumpable.jpg (602 KB, 3000x2378) Image search: [Google]
literallyunstumpable.jpg
602 KB, 3000x2378
>>51235201
I don't speak spic, but from the length of your reply, you're one butthurt fella, ain'tcha?
>>
File: 1445139149334.jpg (26 KB, 328x466) Image search: [Google]
1445139149334.jpg
26 KB, 328x466
Speaking of shit, how do you turn off these annoying speaker icons over media tabs now? How do I disable that awful 1 second full fade to black when switching to fullscreen HTML5?

I think I might have to switch to Palemoon. Does it support uBlock/uMatrix and other must-haves?
>>
>>51234883
Firefox Quick, lmao wat
>>
>>51235014
Lol, is that even spanish? did you use google translate or kinda? im spanish (a real spanish, not those pseudospanish-monkey people) and i can prove that you grammar sucks.
>>
>>51235274
It's quick on GNU/Linux, at least. Don't know about Wangdows because I use Opera on wangdowns.
>>
>>51235227
>Does it support uBlock/uMatrix
Yes.
>and other must-haves?
Almost certainly yes but it depends which.
I have Greasemonkey, ABL, encrypted web, UAO, refcontrol, noscript and rikaichan and I'm all good with that.
>>
>>51232832
>not building firefox from source yourself, without pocket and such.
You are a fucking idiot.
>>
>>51235383
Just use palemoon, the job's already done for you. I don't know why you shills never take into account the amount of breakage that occurs when merely ripping off parts of firefox.
>>
>>51235227
Found the fix for that annoying fade in another thread >>51233036

>>51235296
Hmm, I'll definitely consider. I think this is the first Firefox update in a while where they haven't actively made it worse.
>>
File: kb3JItO.jpg (282 KB, 850x1193) Image search: [Google]
kb3JItO.jpg
282 KB, 850x1193
>>51235227
go to about:config

browser.tabs.showAudioPlayingIcon => false
browser.fullscreen.animate => false

nearly everything can be configured in about:config. It took me 20 seconds of searching.
>>
>>51234702
>built in internet suite
That is fucking retarded. I just want a browser that sticks to being a fucking browser.
>le desktop notifications for webapps
>le webusb

Just give a FOSS browser with good extension support, nothing else.
>>
The fuck will they do next, go full CLI?
>>
>>51232785

I use it because all my addons still work, I'd love to jum; to an alternative, but palemoon is shit.
>>
>>51235405
Because I run gentoo, so the job has already been done for me
>emerge firefox

Oh look, works fine.

I haven't seen anything break from tearing this shit out, so I don't really see a reason to use palemoon yet.
>>
File: EapmzAv.jpg (90 KB, 900x1440) Image search: [Google]
EapmzAv.jpg
90 KB, 900x1440
>>51235410
Waitt, that changes the F11 fullscreen. Yeah, full-screen-api settings will change the fullscreen speed.
>>
>>51235478
>if I string random words together, maybe they'll make sense!
>>
>>51232399
>>51232734
>>51234012
>>51234036
>>51234098
>>51234843
>>51234879
>>51234912
>>51234953
>>51235014
>>51235039
>>51235044
>>51235201
the level of spic samefag in here is fucking disgusting
>>
>>51235522
I run gentoo, so by merely installing firefox, I am compiling it from source and running it without all the added shit. Gentoo does this for me automatically. What the fuck is so hard to understand about that?
>>
>>51235985
>I am literally dumber than a 3-years-old
>>
>>51235868

Te encanta el dolor que usted hace? Y para hacer un favor ... voy a hacer eso!

Pateo sus huevos de oro de fracaso tan duro hasta que están sonando y te cantan todas las melodías de dolor delante y hacia atrás en un instante! Soy el chico cascanueces quienes grietas tus Estás loco nutheads!

Y ahora vete a la mierda estúpida coños MIERDA!
>>
>>51235985
equery u firefox
* Found these USE flags for www-client/firefox-41.0.2:
U I
- - bindist : Disable official Firefox branding (icons, name) which are not binary-redistributable according to upstream.
- - custom-cflags : Build with user-specified CFLAGS (unsupported)
- - custom-optimization : Fine-tune custom compiler optimizations (-Os, -O0, -O1, -O2, -O3)
- - dbus : Enable dbus support for anything that needs it (gpsd, gnomemeeting, etc)
- - debug : Enable extra debug codepaths, like asserts and extra output. If you want to get meaningful backtraces see https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Project:Quality_Assurance/Backtraces
- - egl : Enable EGL provider
- - gmp-autoupdate : Allow Gecko Media Plugins (binary blobs) to be automatically downloaded and kept up-to-date in user profiles
- - gstreamer : Add support for media-libs/gstreamer (Streaming media)
- - gstreamer-0 : Use gstreamer:0.10 instead of gstreamer:1 for media support
- - hardened : Activate default security enhancements for toolchain (gcc, glibc, binutils)
- - jemalloc3 : Enable or disable jemalloc3 (forced-on when supported prior to 38.0)
- - jit : Enable just-in-time compilation for improved performance. May prevent use of some PaX memory protection features in Gentoo Hardened.
- - linguas ...
- - minimal : Prevent sdk and headers from being installed
- - pulseaudio : Add support for PulseAudio sound server
- - startup-notification : Enable application startup event feedback mechanism
- - system ...
- - test ...
- - wifi : Enable wireless network functions

Which of those flags remove ANY of the cancer in firefox?
Oh right, literally none.
>>>/preschool/
>>
>>51236066
>
 - - wifi                 : Enable wireless network functions

the fuck?

what "wireless network functions"?
>>
>>51236194

https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/API/WiFi_Information_API
>>
>>51232399
Ricer status:
BTFO
T
F
O
>>
File: Untitled.png (2 KB, 294x75) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
2 KB, 294x75
How 2 remove
>>
try with:
browser.urlbar.unifiedcomplete : false
>>
>>51238326
>>51238463
>>
Sigh, I guess I'll bother switching then.

What browser with themes and add ons?
>>
>>51238463
>>51238480
Thanks anon, this should be added to the firefox wiki page since some people from here dislike it as well
>>
>So, what do you say now Firefox and Mozilla apologists?
Downgrade, like I did when I switched from srware iron.
>>
>>51238608
i can understand some of the mozillas decisions, like signed extensions but replacing xul and xpcom with a chrome like api, removing themes and removing panorama (tab groups) is stupid.

It seems like mozilla devs are trying to implement all the Cons of chrome instead of the Pros just cause removing features is way easier than improving the browser.

This fucking "great or dead" slogan is going to kill firefox.
>>
>>51234036
Well, you can always add back what was lost with an add-on. I for one welcome the new changes.
>>
>>51232716
>thinking webextensions can bring that functionality
>>
>>51238954
This whole "add back what was lost with an add-on" thing was only valid cause of the actual xul xpcom extensions flexibility and mozilla is going to remove that too.

They are systematically removing all the features that makes firefox unique, and that is sad.
>>
I know a browser that respects your freedoms /g/

Emacs
>>
>>51239531
Maybe otter... if they switch to servo as soon as it's mature enough.
>>
worst use of time 2k15, reading this thread. This is definitely not /b/. The people on this board are actually inept
>>
File: 1390927770049.png (34 KB, 493x402) Image search: [Google]
1390927770049.png
34 KB, 493x402
I do not understand why Mozilla seems to think that removing features, especially Firefox unique ones, is somehow a road to success.

If anything they should take a look at the popular addons and find a way to properly implement those features in Firefox itself. Something like Tree Style Tabs or if they are feeling ballsy µBlock.

In fact an argument for removing things always seem to be that it's less code to maintain. That's true but I'm getting the feeling that Mozilla can't maintain anything that they aren't outright copying from Chrome. Has all talent just abandoned Firefox?
>>
I asked today some of my friends if they know what is Panorama or tab groups on firefox and no one knows this feature even exists, now mozilla is going to remove this feature arguing that nobody use it but if most people don't know of its existence maybe they have made a bad job advertising said feature.

They're so sure that removing features will make them gain users that i doubt they have realized how many people use CTR or similar addons to add back features.
>>
>>51239811
>now mozilla is going to remove this feature arguing that nobody use it
How do they know that?
Are they spying on the user?
>>
>>51239862
Just the ones that wants to share that information, you can see this in Options -> Advanced -> Data Choices it's also asked the first time you run firefox.

It only share if you use it how many groups you have and how many tabs per group but not the urls.
>>
Alot of my firefox add ons are breaking like crazy recently.
I kind of hate chrome a lot, and want to avoid it if possible.

There's seriously no other desktop browsers worth a shit except for those two?
>>
>>51239893
Most advanced users has telemetry disabled so mozilla will remove all advanced features cause "nobody" use them.
>>
>>51239649

in their defense, majority of themes are cringeworthy and just make my eyes bleed.

I`m guessing it`s not a popular enough feature to maintain and might cause bugs.

One of the reasons I think even windows is limiting gui customization is because how easy it is for dumb people to completely fuck up the color and placement scheme and make their systems barely usable.
>>
>>51239939
>Alot of my firefox add ons are breaking like crazy recently.

Are you using nightly? maybe is just the let and const changes introduced to be compatible with ECMASCRIPT 6.
>>
>>51239943
LOL, exactly.
>>
>>51239976
I am actually. But I only went nightly in the first place because a couple of sites I frequent were having critical issues (browser crashes, missing elements ) and I was seeing if going there would fix them. Some of them were fixed, others weren't and a reduction in functionality.

Now I have to search through their archives to find an old version that's stable.
>>
File: cap.png (7 KB, 985x703) Image search: [Google]
cap.png
7 KB, 985x703
>>51239971
But WHO cares, let the users have the browser or the whole OS the way they want.

Not everybody likes the same things.

Pic related, and i fucking know that a lot of people dislikes that theme, but i liked it.
>>
>>51240156
I've the same problem so i decided to fix the addons instead... probably the devs are using let to replace vars like crazy and making let blocks in a not standard way.

And some const should be vars now too...

It's not that hard to fix just look for "let (" and Change let (x = e) { s } to { let x = e; s; } if it's not working look for const and replace them with var.

if all of this fails change all let entries for var but this could cause problems.
>>
I'm reading about this Great or Dead initiative and can't find who decides what is "Great" and what is "Dead". did someone know the answer?
Thread replies: 97
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.