[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/flt/ - Friendly GNU/Linux Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 28
File: 2XnOwaJ.png (498 KB, 610x457) Image search: [Google]
2XnOwaJ.png
498 KB, 610x457
>FSF invasion edition

Intended for users of all levels, including absolute beginners.

There are three ways to try GNU/Linux, you can:

1) Install a Linux OS on a VM (Virtual Machine) for "safety purposes"
2) Use the Live ISO directly without installing anything, that way, you can get a "full GNU/Linux experience".
3) Go balls deep and overwrite everything with GNU/Linux (not recommended)

If you are serious about switching to Linux and if you have Windows dual-booted (recommended for pure newbies),
we recommend you use it exclusively for 2 weeks, and avoid Windows dual booting for that period of time, or it's likely you will start retreating back to Windows instead of getting used to GNU/Linux as your new home and working on
making it feel the way you want it.

>Recommended for beginners:
http://www.gnu.org/distros/free-distros.html

Before asking, please find the answers to your questions in resources.

Please be civil, notice the "Friendly" in every Friendly GNU/Linux Thread.

Understand that much of your software from NSA/Windows will be unavailable, although maybe wine can make up for it. We do not encourage it since it encourages the usage of proprietary software.

Resources:
man <insert command here>
DuckDuckGo, which respects your privacy (Stallman-approved)
>>>/g/sqt
https://www.codecademy.com/en/courses/learn-the-command-line
https://www.gnu.org/
https://www.fsf.org/

This thread is licensed under GNU GPL version 3 or later. You can see the license in http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-3.0.en.html
>>
What is GNU/Linux?
http://www.gnu.org/gnu/about-gnu.html

Babby's First Linux (What distro to choose?)
http://www.gnu.org/distros/free-distros.html

What software does /g/ recommend? (Please DON'T include the so called infographic -- refer all your recommended software here, and no, Vivaldi is not recommended in the wiki.)
https://wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/List_of_recommended_GNU/Linux_software

Ricing on GNU/Linux (Make it good and functional or make it worse like those at desktop threads)
https://wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/GNU/Linux_ricing

For next OPs: Please use this template:
http://wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php//flt/
>>
Why should i switch even if im an absolute noob with no experience with terminal commands and i usually play video games
>>
>>51402950

>Why should i switch even if im an absolute noob with no experience with terminal commands and i usually play
video games

You shouldn't, I don't care if you do or don't use linux. I switched because win 7 was losing support and 8 was shit and I didn't want to use it. If you don't already have a genuine reason as to why you want to switch, then you won't be able to stick with it even if you do switch.
>>
File: 234564368.jpg (70 KB, 495x497) Image search: [Google]
234564368.jpg
70 KB, 495x497
I've had enough of the windows botnet and have decided to Install debian on a VM for learning purposes. Do I need to install various drivers on the VM as well?
>>
>>51402991
No
>>
>>51402991
nsa\linux has no drivers
>>
>>51402983
>I switched because win 7 was losing support
when did this happened?
>>
>>51403105

Like last year when they said they were stopping security updates or mainstream updates etc. so I switched.
>>
File: 1007.jpg (229 KB, 440x550) Image search: [Google]
1007.jpg
229 KB, 440x550
>>51403105
in 2020 or so
>>
What is so bad about Elementary OS?
>>
>>51403152
its for people in elementary school
>>
>>51403152
>Beautiful distribution
>Install random software
>look like shit

>User-friendly
>Fail to scan my 500GB musicography
>>
>>51403152
I have not read anything bad about it. It looks fine, it seems to me that it is trying to be a friendly version of linux system. It's pretty, but beyond that I don't know. Linux is linux.
>>
How can I make it so that if I click on a .txt file in Thunar that it opens my terminal with nano or vim? Right now it does nothing
>>
>>51403376
Right-click.
>>
guys i'm trying to install arch linux in my hp netbook, and my network driver isnt work properly, so I'm kind of stuck. Any thoughts?
>>
>>51403419
Wireless/wired?

http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Network_configuration
>>
Yo I got a Win8 Samsung laptop I'm considering installing Linux on.

I can't get into the fucking CMOS settings. Looked up manufacturer instructions and they don't work. They changed it to some UEFI bios or some shit.

You guys know how to do it?
>>
>>51403115
Theyre still providing security updates till like 2020, the support that ended was for 'adding/upgrading' things
>>
>>51403444
ok i was like nothing specific.

I'm trying to install wireless because somehow wired didnt work at home (not there right now), so I decided to go by wireless.

My card is a Broadcom, and I detected that the firmware used is not correct. but i don't have internet there to install the proper one, so I don't know how to make an offline installation and how to put it in a goddamn usb stick.

Mine is BCM4312, so i just need to download b43-firmware-classic, but still stuck on the process to install on the usb stick without internet
>>
>>51403498
Broadcom is a pain in the ass to set up, use Architect (basically easy installer of Arch) instead.
>>
>>51403511
K gonna try later. Still, would like to know how the fuck to make things work to this driver
>>
>>51403696
http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Broadcom
>>
Since yesterday every hour or so I have to restart unbound to DNS resolve.

I didn't even make any system changes, at least not prior to trying to fix it, and unbound and dnscrypt don't report any errors—they just keep running like everythings normal but I can't resolve any names.

I originally setup unbound/dnscrypt according to the arch wiki, and it's been seemingly working until now. Any ideas /flt/?
>>
>>51403751
Yeah, I read that, but the fact that it doesn't explain how the fuck im gonna install the driver on the USB stick it's the problem. I just know that I need to install g43-classic because the newer apparently doesn't work properly with 4312, but I don't know how to do that.

I should have been more clear since the beginning.
>>
File: 1333.png (3 KB, 469x447) Image search: [Google]
1333.png
3 KB, 469x447
>chakra linux
is it any good? stable kernel/core and blending edge user software seems like a good compromise between debian and arch, any opinions?
>>
>>51404109
It's shit.
>>
i asked this before but got no answer, after installing ubuntu i cannot see any live boot usb sticks in boot menu, i can no longer acess the bios setting and dont know how to get to the UEFI settings, any help?
>>
>>51404349
What is your laptop?
>>
>>51403254
do you just randomly choose what words to type?
>>51403152
nothing, it's fine. it's user-friendly, good-looking but still *buntu-based. I wonder why is it not more popular
>>51403278
autists thrash it sometimes
>>
>>51404381
samsung np300e5c
>>
Anyone here using compotising on Lubuntu?

Also anyone know if the way hotkeys are setup in Xubuntu is dynamic? Because when you type win+t it knows to open the terminal and if you type win+f it opens the file manager, it seems like its using the menu names for the shortcut
>>
I want to install Arch Linux but I am a noob. I watched this YouTube video on how to install Arch, but I am not confident enough. I am afraid I will fuck up.
So what do you think I should learn before installing Arch? How much bash commands should I know before doing so?
>>
>>51404931
Just follow the wiki if you want it that badly, it's all there.
>>
Trying to get i3 configured, and I managed to get volume keys working. But my brightness keys don't do shit. I've also tried using xbacklight from the terminal and it also doesn't do shit. But it works fine out of the box on xfce.

Also how can I get wifi to work with i3blocks? What should I change in the config for the [wifi] section?
>>
Daemontools, runit or OpenRC or seomthing more for Arch Linux? I'm a newbie trying to avoid systemD from the start. What should I choose?
>>
I can't get my VPN to work with nmcli_dmenu or nmtui. It just won't connect and nmtui just says it fails and wont tell me why.

It works fine if I use the default GUI any other DE offers.
>>
What's a good compact resource for learning sed/awk, e-book or otherwise?
>>
>>51406159
http://www.funtoo.org/Sed_by_Example,_Part_1
http://www.funtoo.org/Awk_by_Example,_Part_1
>>
>>51406212
All right, looks easy enough so I'll give it a shot. Thanks. Do you have a personal preference when it comes to sed or awk?
>>
Are there actually any good/fun linux distros which come with i3 by default?
>>
File: bbbb.jpg (254 KB, 496x568) Image search: [Google]
bbbb.jpg
254 KB, 496x568
I made GUI software for linux in python
where do I put it ideally?

/opt/<software-name>
or
/usr/share/<software-name>
or
something else
>>
>>51403254
The thing that's "wrong" about it is the fact that it's basically just Ubuntu with a custom theme and a couple of apps made only for the looks.

I recommend you rather try a Ubuntu variant and find a cool theme on gnome-look.org or a similar site.

If you hate the idea of tinkering, Linux probably isn't for you anyway.
>>
>>51406434
Replying to my own post, I'm a useless piece of shit. The post was a reply to >>51403152
>>
>>51405743
Don't avoid systemd, it's the future. Don't listen to those OpenRC shills' bullshit.
>>
if I have windows 10 on disk x and I have a disk z with two partitions, one (z1) with all my files and anoother (z2) where i'll be installing linux.
my question is can I from linux access files that are z1? and can I do the same from windows to linux?
>>
>>51402782
How about writing a quick note as of who should try Linux and who should not?

Like, if you want to play games and heard Linux is a better OS, stick to WIndows.

Or a bit about tinkering. If you want to learn Linux, ricing and tweaking can be great fun, but don't be fooled into thinking this will be useful knowledge that will land you a job. It's for the fun of it. Linux users like tweaking and tinkering like Windows-users like playing games. Some users spend hours just to save a few seconds of their boot time. I know because I'm one of them.

My take on distros:
For rock solid server: Debian Stable
Normal desktop nerd use: Ubuntu
For normie friends or parents to browse Facebook after you've helped them with malware for the n'th time: Ubuntu LTS
(Note, choose a DE according to taste for both of the above. Unity still sort of sucks.)
For tinkering and learning: Arch
For autism tier tinkering and tweaking: Gentoo
>>
>>51406466
Why? It keeps being agresive and doing things that it doesn't have to do.
>>
>>51405743
runit is nice but openrc is also fantastic, does what it is supposed to do and is rock solid. It's what I have the most experience with so I would recommend it over anything else.
If you feel that way about systemd then you should consider using a distro which doesn't use it by default as you are effectively supporting (or at least advocating) systemd by using such a distro.
>>
>>51406647
But I'm curious about Arch, and I already tried Debian (an old version from years ago). I know Arch it is harder, but I don't know what another distro will suit me and will make me wanting to larn this hard.
>>
>>51406680
Arch is nothing special really, it just makes you jump through a few more hoops for not a lot of benefit. Have a look at Void, its package manager is very similar to pacman (perhaps even better). It doesn't have as many packages as arch but you can request them or add them yourself, but maybe it has all you need already.
If you really want to get stuck in I recommend funtoo, you will learn far more and it's much better than arch if you have the patience/time.
>>
Faggots
>>
>>51406600
>Or a bit about tinkering. If you want to learn Linux, ricing and tweaking can be great fun, but don't be fooled into thinking this will be useful knowledge that will land you a job

what a horseshit

you start exactly like that
small changes, here and there
changing some settings in terminal, how it looks how it feels
then you use compton to get transparency if your terminal does not have it
then its switching from bash to zsh just to tinker it bitter to have better history and autocomplete
then its writing a short script to make a screenshot
then its adding few lines to add some sound to notify you about screenshot
then you add bit of logic to decide if png and jpg
its still tinkering
then you are switching distros
solving issues by writing small scripts
and before you know it, you look at RHCSA certification and its not that hard actually, yeah sure its some additional studying but suddenly you got something to your name and you are working as a sysadmin
>>
So why does music sounds shittier in Linux than in Windows?

In Windows it's all dynamic and shit while in Linux it sounds like you're listening through a wall.

I'm running Arch linux with no DE and no pulseaudio, is that maybe the problem?
>>
>>51407373
I run a similar setup. Sound is fine. I have done no tinkering with it, just volume with alsa. Then again my use of sound is quite modest.

Probably your hardware is different; look into how to configure speakers and such.
>>
>>51406726
Why I see funtoo too complicated and void so weird even if I didn't try arch yet?

I would like to try Void but I feel like is not offering me the same chances as Arch.

Also, why I see arch so long to get used to?
>>
Muon Software tools made me puke, after I tried Kubuntu. I'm glad I moved to Linux Mint KDE instead.
>>
>>51407373
unlikely as I am on i3 with no pulseaudio as well
what player you use on windows and whats on linux
what mobo you have with what audio chipset?
>>
>>51402782
Real question. Why are AMD drivers so shaky.
Up until last month my ubuntu worked fine with Xorg, from last month on it would crash with incredible persistence every 20 minutes until I switched drivers to whatever AMD provides.
What the actual fuck is going on
>>
>>51406530
pls respond
>>
What's your guys' take on Ubuntu MATE?

I've been using eOS on my laptop and I really like the way it handles virtual desktop and windows across desktops, but I've wanted to switch which I can tweak to have a similar feel, but more customisability and some more features.

Tl;dr: Thoughts on UbuntuMATE?
>>
>>51407459
yes, if z1 is ntfs and you install ntfs-3g package

I am using this in fstab to mount ntfs data partition on boot
posting because I am looking for improvements or if I am not overdooing some shit

UUID=56840021840005E9               /mnt/B2     ntfs-3g     users,uid=1000,gid=1000,fmask=111,dmask=000,windows_names,locale=en_US.UTF-8 0 0
>>
>>51407505
Ubuntu Mate is continuation of Gnome 2. If you like Gnome 2, go ahead and try it.
>>
>>51407421
I'm using a ThinkPad X220.

Also forgot to mention that I was testing with a YouTube video and if I checked 'stats for nerds' it shows that I'm using different codecs in Windows and Linux so maybe that's it
>>
>>51407073
I was talking about tinkering and tweaking, not developing or automation, which of course *can* land you a decent job. I know because I have a nice job because I also started with dicking around with computers at home and have no degree.

I know people that can do apt-get install and edit config files (tinkerers) but that doesn't mean they have what it takes to learn how to code or even write small scripts themselves. (Copy and paste does not count.)

Ricing and installing software != creating your own stuff. Level 1 tier dIcking around is a natural place to start for everyone but it doesn't in itself land you jobs.
>>
>>51407512
so I install the distro on the partition and then I install the package? how do I access the other partion to "import" files from the other partition (that is on windows side) to the linux partition?
as simple as browsing through the folders?
>>
>>51407568
I never used Gnome 2, desu. I played around with opensuse in 2007, but stopped after and just recently started to use Linux again. I tried MATE and it's pretty comfy, except for the hideous buttons, but I figure those can be replaced easily.
>>
>>51407687
- install the distro
- most distros got the package by default
- boot to the distro
- run command lsblk
- to see your partition tree and see where is your ntfs partition
- make somewhere folder where you want to have that partition mounted
sudo mkdir /mnt/data

- mount the ntfs partition with simple
sudo mount /dev/sdb1 /mnt/data

and you got for that boot that partition mounted
for daily use to have it always there you

- find out UUID of the partition you want to mount with
lsblk -f

- edit /etc/fstab file with sudo privilages
- add to it whats here >>51407512 just change UUID and where you are mounting
>>
>>51406726
Xbps is disgusting, desu.
>>
>>51406644
First off, systemd is not an init system, it has an init system as part of the systemd suite. systemd is a project to build a standardised lowlevel userland for Linux. The project is pretty comprehensive and it delivers a lot of functionality under one umbrella. It does away with a lot of older, often undermaintained software packages, which were traditionally used to assemble a low level userland.

Which is where the contention comes from, as a system suite systemd is restrictive for Unix virtuosi who are used to tailor a system with wit, ingenuity, a lick and a prayer and a couple dozen of unrelated packages. systemd makes such knowledge useless.

The faction that thinks that systemd is Linux's Hiroshima, finds all the added functionality bloat, unnecessary and dangerous, as it is all under development in one project.

All the systemd jokes stem from the comprehensiveness as a low level system suite. People against it love to joke that one day systemd will write its own kernel.

There is a lot of FUD and hate going around. Some arguments do have merit, a lot of eggs in one basket is certainly true, but as with all things in life, it depends which tradeoff you prefer. Do you want a suite of well designed software, working closely together, so that system management is streamlined or do you want the complete freedom to tailor your own low level system with a lot of time tested, interchangeable components.

I have no desire to be a low level system designer, so I prefer systemd. I don't hate traditional init systems though. If a Linux system has one and I need to work with it, I'm still happy it boots and starts the necessary services.
>>
What's the difference between running *ubuntu LTS 14.04 or 15.10? What should I chose if I want my system to just werk and use the majority of proprietary packages online (Spotify, Mendeley, X-Mind, among others)? Should I stick with LTS or are most packages backward compatible?
>>
>>51407824
sure senpai, sure
>>
File: chockeddk.gif (49 KB, 620x387) Image search: [Google]
chockeddk.gif
49 KB, 620x387
>>51407839
>I have no desire to be a low level system designer, so I prefer systemd
Nice fallacious pasta son
>>
>>51402782
Does dd-wrt and open open-wrt count as Linux in this thread
>>
>>51407804
thanks you, i'll try it out
>>
>>51407849
Their commands isn't as good as pacman.

Seriously, why separate commands?
>xbps-install compared to pacman -S
>xbps-query compared to pacman -Q
>xbps-remove compared to pacman -R

What a horrible shit xbps is.
>>
>>51407888
Yeah, that's really problematic having more verbose and in line with common sense, who would possibly have thought that was a good idea.
>Their commands isn't
How's New Delhi today?
>>
>>51407915
>isn't
*aren't. I have to work on my English since it isn't my native language.

>How's New Delhi today?
میں نئی دہلی کے اندر نہیں رہتے، لیکن میں کراچی، پاکستان کے اندر رہتے ہیں.
>>
>>51407959
>not speaking the masterful Hindi
bhai, please.
>>
>>51407875
OpenWRT does, DD-WRT,... Just no.
>>
>>51402782
I switched briefly a couple of years back after my windows key disappeared from the bios of my laptop. I enjoyed the customizing aspect but I literally found myself googling how to do shit every time I did something as simple as even installing a program. After a while I gave up when I managed to brick the installation trying to install skype on it. If I was to switch back what is the best way to get used to terminal commands? and do most users use them for everything or just occasionally?
>>
>>51407973
தமிழ் மாஸ்டர் இனம்.
>>
>>51407982
https://www.codecademy.com/en/courses/learn-the-command-line
>>
Hello /flt/, I have a laptop with a broken HDD collecting dust, I was thinking on installing Ubuntu and booting the OS from a spare USB drive. I don't mean like a LiveCD, I mean installing the OS on the flash drive, I would only use the laptop to plug it into my TV and watch chinese cartoons.

Would this work? Any considerations I should take?
>>
>>51408007
Cheers
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-11-18_14-08-43.png (15 KB, 375x250) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-11-18_14-08-43.png
15 KB, 375x250
I've been digging around the gtk-2.0 folder to change the Arc-Dark theme to my liking but I can't seem to find any way to change the values of anything in this picture that is a dark blue

can anyone point me in the right direction?
>>
>>51407450
use the open ones they are more stable and most of the time faster.
>>
>>51408016
consider a real live-distro instead. puppy was always pretty good but there might be better ones.
>>
File: 1422927282354.jpg (821 KB, 4032x2272) Image search: [Google]
1422927282354.jpg
821 KB, 4032x2272
>>51402782
Never really got a response in the last thread, so I'll ask here.

>Ubuntu 14.04, using i3wm
>T430
I want i3 to run i3lock and pm-suspend when the lid is closed.

No matter which guide I look up, it's a guide for either suspending the machine or locking it, but strangely not both. Well, I want to do both.

Arch Wiki suggests using systemd hooks to handle events like lidclose, but I'm missing some systemd control packages and I don't know a thing about writing systemd hooks.

Is there really no simple way of achieving this? I just want my machine to lock and sleep when I close the lid, nothing complex.
>>
>>51402782
wrote a basic automated installer in bash for arch.
https://paste. ee/r/uI2oH
It's actually my first time doing this after few arch installs, still pretty noobish but does the job for me :)
>>
Someone said in another thread that Kali is just a pentest distro, which makes me wonder
>should I ever try it?
>>
>>51410409
no, just use debian or something.
>>
File: 1447721665877.jpg (94 KB, 1000x647) Image search: [Google]
1447721665877.jpg
94 KB, 1000x647
>>51402782
Is there any speed/performance/optimality difference between running a minimal terminal emulator (like xterm or urxvt) vs loging to another tty (Ctrl + Alt + FN)?
>>
>>51410344
why would you install an OS so often that you need a script to do it? did you break it?
>>
>>51410504
Not really, but love to write scripts for things ^^
Was more of a test if i could do it out of my head.
>>
>>51410450
Any reason other than "it is not an OS for general using"?
>>
>>51410546
security, if i remember correctly kali sets you as root by default. this will fuck shit up eventually.
>>
>>51410504
Most Lignux systems have a scripted OS installer program. Creating one for Arch is equally as simple as doing it for others.
>>
>>51410596
this is true but usually the distro maintainers make the installer. if a user does it by himself, he does more work than he would have had by installing it manually. the guy said he finds it fun so that makes sense.
>>
I bought a controller and I plugged into my computer and it WORKS but the dpad controls the mouse and the buttons are mouse buttons so I can't play a game without it moving the mouse around and clicking shit. how do I stop this

on manjaro
>>
>>51410596
why not GLinux like "GNU/Linux is not Unix"?
>>
>>51410731
I bet that Stallman would reject that name on the basis that G is one letter compared to the Linux which is five letters.

>>51410656
Arch doesn't change on a fundamental level very often. A few fundamental changes I can think would include systemd, client network services, and uefi. An install script that works today is most probably going to work unchanged in two years.
>>
>>51410803
but glinux has GNU in it. GliNUx and gLINUX.
>>
>>51411141
GliNUx/gLINUX.
>>
Debian testing and unstable implemented a none root xserver as default. When i try to run it with Nvidia drivers the xserver wont start, anyone else experience the same problem? I tried installing and running xserver with xserver-legacy but it gave no effect.
>>
I put some some music and pictures on a sd card when i still had windows but i have no idea how to access them on linux, all i get are folders.
>>
>>51407597
Did you remember to install the nonfree codecs?
>>
>>51410720
man xinput
>>
>>51411735
What those would be? ffmpeg?
>>
>>51412025
It's mostly the audio, including mp3. What distro are you on?
>>
using opensuse tumbleweed, and saw that there was an option of gnome with wayland.

it works great, but how can I change what my mouse buttons do? used to do it easily with a conf file for X, but that isn't possible now.
>>
>>51411795
reading the manual trying to figure it out, what do I type in place of device
>>
>>51412284
Type xinput without any arguments to list your devices. 'device' can be replaced with the verbatim name or the device id
>>
>>51412320
do I type in ID=15? or just 15?
>>
>>51412346
just 15 works
>>
>>51412169
Arch.
I tried the codecs archwiki page but I couldn't figure out which ones were non free
>>
>>51412419
shit I'm trying to figure out what option I'm supposed to do and I'm not sure after re-reading this manual. can you or someone help me out? I just want it to NOT use the pointer mode

http://www.x.org/archive/X11R7.5/doc/man/man1/xinput.1.html
>>
>>51412465
gstreamer.
>>
>>51412496
Goddammit, I found this in 10 seconds, spoon-feeding is a mental cramp.

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Gamepad#Disable_Joystick_From_Controlling_Mouse
>>
>>51412644
I already opened /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/50-joystick.conf before but it's blank
do I just toss that text in there regardless or what dude?
>>
>>51412689
Of course it's blank, the file doesn't exist yet. Without a config file, your controllers are autoconfigured, and you clearly don't want that.
>>
Is there a way to separate master volume from the output of mocp?
>>
>>51406405
Does it have a lot of resources it uses, or is it just one script?
>>
>>51402782
anyone got a link to the video of the girl saying the text in ops pic?
>>
>>51412611
There are a lot of those. Good, bad, dirty ...
>>
>>51407839
Go home Pottering
>>
File: father-son1.jpg (41 KB, 432x288) Image search: [Google]
father-son1.jpg
41 KB, 432x288
> See /r/linux was trending today, decide to check it out
> Top post is asking what Docker is

Please leave this thread if you're still a few years behind the times. That shit is embarrassing.
>>
On Arch is it recommended to use DHCPCD, netctl, or systemd-networkd to manage my network card?
>>
Should I install Clam AV or are Linux viruses memes?
>>
is archbang any good?
>>
File: Selection_003.png (24 KB, 447x284) Image search: [Google]
Selection_003.png
24 KB, 447x284
I'm new and currently using my raspberry pi, and something to do with the keyboard seems to be messing up, and i don't understand what's going on.

all underlined in red currently are wrong
I've tried my numpad and everything seems to be working fine over there

Also, i don't know if this is related to the problem, but when in terminal and i hold shift and use the arrow keys, i get: up = A / down = B / right = C / left = D

keyboard = rapoo NX1710
>>
>>51413598
This is the United Kingdom layout.
You need to change it to the US one.
I had the same problem literally yesterday.
>>
>>51403511
Architect saved my life, but I feel like a loser though
>>
>>51413772
my god, thanks
>>
>>51413370
I don't know what docker is.
>>
File: Linux_software.jpg (516 KB, 1024x1400) Image search: [Google]
Linux_software.jpg
516 KB, 1024x1400
>mfw having a hard time using Linux without all of the familiar programs
I'm going through the /g/ recommended software and pic related, the only stuff that's missing is a music player, an image viewer preferably for chinese cartoon comics, and a slim pdf reader. Any suggestions?
>>
Does Photoshop CS6/CC run properly on Linux via Wine?
>>
File: blinds.jpg (59 KB, 605x807) Image search: [Google]
blinds.jpg
59 KB, 605x807
>>51409900
Still could use an answer to this, if one of you /g/ents could spare the time for it. Thank you in advance.
>>
>>51415433
This sounds like it might be in a config file or something, I'm reading it currently

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Power_management#Sleep_hooks
>>
>>51415038
That pic is terrible.
>a music player
mpd+ncmpcpp/cantata, deadbeef, quodlibet, gmusicbrowser, clementine
>an image viewer
sxiv, nomacs
>preferably for chinese cartoon comics
zathura-cb
>a slim pdf reader.
zathura
>>
>>51415038
Banshee have comfy album image gallery view
If you want something more simple audacious is good
>>
>>51404931
use architect linux. basically a graphical installer that has you click yes and google a few things. noob friendly.
>>
Anyone here use Manjaro?
Would it be good to choose as my first distro?
>>
>>51416056
>Anyone here use Manjaro?
Possibly.
>Would it be good to choose as my first distro?
It would be absolutely fine.
>>
>>51416056
go for it. gl to you
>>
>>51416134
My sound just broke after updating on Antergos.
Checked the speakers and they're fine, but my computer no longer gives them an output signal.
>>
>>51416429
dmesg, and journalctl? usually my goto when troubleshooting hw problems. Might find a lead or it might fix itself. I had spent 3 hours on my most recent arch install trying to figure out why I couldn't get internet connection. Decided to ping one last time before giving up and I have connection. Don't recommend you just roll with something like that but I was frustrated. Check forums, newsletters, and google for awhile.
>>
>>51416429
>after updating
isn't that what the biggest complaint about arch is, wiping your configs by accident on an update?

Take a look at what packages were updated and the problem might be obvious
>>
>>51410460
Just 0,001%
>>
Trying to buy a new laptop for school (CS major) and considering Linux on a chromebook.&nbsp; I&apos;ve done some preliminary googling and read a fair bit but I&apos;m finding my knowledge to shallow to understand what most of the advice says.&nbsp; As I understand it, there are three ways to get Linux on a chromebook, two of which could brick the device, and a number of hardware compatibility concerns to consider. (SeaBIOS? ROM?)<br>
<br>
If someone&apos;s done this before, I would really appreciate some more specific advice or explanations. The chromebook I&apos;m considering is the lenovo n21 with 4gb RAM. (Is this even necessary?)&nbsp; The distro I&apos;m considering is Mint.<br>
<br>
There is a rather brief post on plebbit about doing the same but I don&apos;t understand this baytrail thing:https://reddit.com/r/chrubuntu/comments/3dkk9n/help_anyone_have_experience_with_the_lenovo_n21/
>>
>>51417065
Let's try this again:

Trying to buy a new laptop for school (CS major) and considering Linux on a chromebook. I've done some preliminary googling and read a fair bit but I'm finding my knowledge to shallow to understand what most of the advice says. As I understand it, there are three ways to get Linux on a chromebook, two of which could brick the device, and a number of hardware compatibility concerns to consider. (SeaBIOS? ROM?)

If someone's done this before, I would really appreciate some more specific advice or explanations. The chromebook I'm considering is the lenovo n21 with 4gb RAM. (Is this even necessary?) The distro I'm considering is Mint.

There is a rather brief post on plebbit about doing the same but I don't understand this baytrail thing:https://reddit.com/r/chrubuntu/comments/3dkk9n/help_anyone_have_experience_with_the_lenovo_n21/
>>
As a first time user I just installed xubuntu 14.04.
Why is it loaded with bloatware and how do I get ride of it?
Alternatively, since I just started and don't really feel like messing with it, can you recommend me a GNU/Linux distribution without any bloatware? I only want the basic OS without any programs and then install what I need myself.
>>
>>51417103

netinstall any distro that has an option for a netinstall?
>>
>>51417103
OpenSUSE - just pick what you want/don't want during installation.
>>
running current gnome on wayland

how do I set mpv to prevent screen dimming after 10 minutes when I'm watching a video?
>>
Man, I just want a fully free GNU/Linux computer in the Chromebook format. It would be so perfect for schools and office environments.

Bringing freedom the the kids at an early age is totally what GNU/Linux needs to become more popular.

I wish that the hardware manufacturers would realize the importance of freedom with all the snooping going on.

just wishful thinking, I guess
>>
is there any CLI command for CentOS to see if I really lower the cpu core voltage?
>>
>>51403376
>>51403384
for open with set it to custom command and do something like
urxvt -e vim

I just tested this and it works fine for me

if you are not using the urxvt terminal emulator you will probably need a different format
>>
>>51417103
You want Arch.. I recommend the Architect installer since you're new to this. It installs regular Arch but doesn't make you follow a guide.
>>
>>51417732
I don't know about Libreboot, but a lot of people have put Coreboot on Chromebooks along with a GNU/Linux distro (overwriting ChromeOS, not in a chroot or anything)
>>
>>51407373

>pulseaudio
Fucking Pottering

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
File: Chrome.jpg (4 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
Chrome.jpg
4 KB, 275x183
Anyone know a way to reboot the kernel from chroot?

Trying to add the ability to get to CIFS NAS shares, but it endlessly says the filesystem is not supported. General advise is to add the utils and reboot, but I can't reboot from chroot.

Its in chroots because its running side by side on a chromebook so I'm damn lost. I remember it being a pain to setup in VM, but this is a whole new thing to work with.
>>
how do I view the time that my computer is on battery (not including time that it's asleep)
>>
I was wondering something. Since ALSA is not very good and pulseaudio is crap most of the time, is there anything planned ? like the "wayland of the audio" ?
>>
>>51417103
dont install any other distro

learn first how to get rid of bloatware
then learn how to set up a proper system

you gain nothing sitting hours in front of the computer trying to figure out why your driver just broke again etc..

deleting software and messing with a working system is easier than fixing a broken system

and in the end, you can reinstall easily without going through repeating routines.

tl;dr start with the basics it will take you long enough
>>
where do I put the asound.state file?
also, how to make grub not show up at all during boot, what do I need to modify, and what to add?
please halp
>>
>>51417732
for office and actual work.. yes

for schools... nope
noone cares about your notes and as you are posting on 3chan how to install a linux system you probably have alrdy bought a notebook without checking the buyers guide
== bono

a working system is a good system
and seems good enough for your situation.
if money is involved go pay a pro or learn it yourself. will take yyears though
>>
>>51418245
>asound.state
the asound.state, whereever it is, it has different locations, don't know if
based on alsa-version or distro. It is the place where ALSA (alsactl) stores
all the volumes and settings for your cards. For cards with more features this
can mean routing etc. I seem to remember, that it can be helpful to delete
them.
NOTE BENE: If you like your soundcard settings as they are and if there's a
lot to setup, you can try to save the settings for that card in one file. I
don't know how to do it, but it's simple. I once did it. With that, you can
tell alsactl to resotre the settings for that particular card, whereever ALSA
finds it now, from that file

first result in google. pls just google it mane
>>
>>51406396
No.
>>
>>51418282
so, where???
I googled at first, and it said to put it in /etc, but my sound still doesn't work
>>
>>51406396
http://sourceforge.net/projects/manjarolinux/files/community/i3/2015.11/systemd/
>>
>>51408016

This works fine. Unetbootin can setup the usb stick, and you can decide to make it "persisent", which is exactly what you're asking for.

Although I'd recommend replacing the HDD when possible for a better experience
>>
>>51417786
This is the kind of info that can be given by lm_sensors. It includes a sensors-detect utility that tries to load the relevant modules to monitoring your devices. sensors show the available information then. There is no guarantee that it will show the voltage, though.
>>
Friendly reminder that Fedora is the best Desktop Linux and CentOS the best free, as in beer, server distro.
>>
File: 0091.jpg (85 KB, 400x345) Image search: [Google]
0091.jpg
85 KB, 400x345
>>51418856
lol thanks dad
>>
>>51418856
>Fedora is the best Desktop Linux
whe the desktop environment will not be some unusable garbage maybe.
Even unity is less shit
>>
>>51419065
GNOME 3 has been my daily driver for years and it has been better than ever. It simply just works. It doesnt get in the way of what I want.
>>
>>51419065
>Fedora comes in several different spins including KDE and MATE
༗‿༗
>>
>>51419402
>both shite
>>
>>51402950
You don't have to switch, but you can still try out on a Live USB (nothing change, but will lag a lot since everything is in RAM)
Yet you may take a look at it once in a while, SteamOS may help to make GNU/linux more gamer friendly.
>>
>>51419416
Then do a minimal and install whatever hipster WM you feel like. [spoiler]you're a terrible person if you don't use mwm[/spoiler]
>>
Can't I install Linux Void from apt-get on Debian?

In case the reply is not. . . I tried to make a Live USB with Rufus with Linux Void, first DD and now .iso. . .

It would work if I do the "mount -o loop" I searched on net?
>>
>>51421078
Your post makes no sense whatsoever.
Void is a distro, why would you be able to install it from apt-get on Debian?
>first DD and now .iso. . .
no sense at all
>It would work if I do the "mount -o loop" I searched on net?
Would what work?
>>
>>51421078
why not just write the iso to usb with dd?
https://wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/GNU/Linux#Making_a_Bootable_USB_Installer
>>
Why should I use Linux over FreeBSD? FreeBSD pkg and ports just work and jails are extremely useful plus native ZFS. Why does anyone use Linux again?
>>
>>51421212
You can use ZFS in linux and there are alternatives to jails. No idea about pkg and ports but every single person I've ever see talking about it thinks that gentoo system is superior.

Who is saying you should use Linux though? Use what you like, I don't think anyone here could give two shits.
>>
>>51421161
Well, I'm kinda new so maybe I said retard things.

I remember researching Arch and it could be installed from onther Linux systems through package manager, though maybe it is only in Arch.

Proof
>https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Install_from_existing_Linux

Rufus.exe provides you a way to make your USB Live with .iso (usabel disk after burn) or DD (no usable).

>>51421189
I tried, but I don't know why the old old old machine I'm trying in doesn't boot from USB. So I wondered if I could burn the .iso and run it from Debian.

Like this
>http://superuser.com/questions/338991/run-an-iso-file-in-linux
>>
>>51421256
>Proof
>https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Install_from_existing_Linux
You didn't read that did you? That is a long way from using another package manager to install arch.

>Rufus.exe provides you a way to make your USB Live with .iso
You download an iso from void, you use dd to transfer it to a usb. Your terminology is very confused here.

You can install void by using chroot but you would need something to boot in to, usb, cd etc.
>>
>>51421241
>zfs
B T R F S
T
R
F
S
>>
>>51421212
Because Linux doesn't have Theo de Raadt.
>>
>>51421337
whatever, you can use either.
>>
>>51421331
May you explain a little more to me? I'm (obiously) not english native, also I find Void's Wiki a little poor documented (maybe I'm a little dense)

Becuase I think it was:
>put the Live Media (usb, cd, etc)
>boot
>it boots from there
>install

But my little laptop is not booting from the USB no matter what I choose. I tried burned in DD and burning the .iso. What did I do wrong?
>>
>>51421337
Is BTRFS no longer comically slow?
>>
>>51421366
Use Unetbootin.
>>
>>51421369
I'm now running btrfs on my /home partition, so far so good.

But I still use the good ol' ext4 for /
>>
>>51421369
Works OK on my 5300rpm drive as root. I also tried it on an SSD and a usb flash stick too and it definitely wasn't "comically" slow.
>>
>>51421350
Neither does FreeBSD.
>>
>>51421366
If it's a problem with your USB ports or physically wrong with the computer then your only choice would be making a CD out of the .iso image.

But yeah, if you can boot in to the void iso it's literally just log in, run void-installer, that's it.
>>
>>51421375
Ok, I google a little and seems cool.I will try at home.

Do you know where to get more info about Void besides the wiki?

>>51421409
Ok, I was thinking so. I will try to burn the CD I guess.
>>
I'm trying to put awesome on my new machine but it isn't initializing automatically,
I've put the "exec awesome" command in /home/username/.xinitrc nut it looks like the file isn't even being ran, I put some random mkdir in it and nothing got created when I rebooted.
The prems are -rw-rw-r-- with my username and group.
I'm on lubuntu if that matters.
>>
>>51421931
How are you logging in to it? If you use a display manager you might need to make a change to its conf file.
>>
>>51421998
I saw it, I didn't expect it to be a gui setting and the tutorials I looked at went straight to manipulating the init file
It was so obvious nobody mentioned it...
>>
>>51418856
i like debian better
>>
>>51421369
it's not the fastest filesystem, but it's pretty quick now, especially considering it does checksumming
>>
Where can I find a list of valid window properties for openbox?

I'm talking about things like "decor" and "skip_pager", which can be set in the configuration file and which cause windows to behave in particular ways.

I cannot find a list of valid properties and values.
>>
Reinstalling tomorrow. is it possible to do the qemu kvm pcie passthrough shit with a 3570k? i saw someone say the k didnt work but idk. does passing the graphics card through even give a usable experience or should i just dual boot? pretty much all my games work on linux or work well enough in wine.
>>
>>51423263
It's explained right in openbox wiki:
http://openbox.org/wiki/Help:Applications

which redirects you to the example rc.xml which contains the full list of options in the <applications> section.

http://git.icculus.org/?p=mikachu/openbox.git;a=blob_plain;f=data/rc.xml;hb=master
>>
>>51423391
>is it possible to do the qemu kvm pcie passthrough shit with a 3570k?

no, pci passthrough requires vt-d support on both the processor and motherboard chipset, and the 3570k lacks vt-d (as do many k chips, the only non-enthusiast k chips to support vt-d are the new skylake 6700k and 6600ks, otherwise you needed a non-k chip or an enthusiast k chip like devils canyon, haswell-e etc)

>does passing the graphics card through even give a usable experience

it gives near native performance (95-99.9%) for the graphics card(s) or other pci devices
>>
>>51423408
Thanks. I'd seen that wiki page, but I hadn't looked at the default file because I didn't think there'd be info in file comments that wasn't in the online documentation. I'd even overlooked those comments in the files I've been editing. Now I feel a bit stupid.

I'm trying to figure out how to make a window unmovable. I have an undecorated, always-on-bottom xclock window on my desktop, and I want to prevent it from being moved with ALT+click&drag. I see a window property called _NET_WM_ALLOWED_ACTIONS in obxprop, but I don't know how to change them. Do you?
>>
Hey, I have installed the AMD drivers for my laptop, however the drivers fail to detect the discrete GPU on Antergos Linux. What should I do beside installing gentoo?

My Laptop: http://www8.hp.com/ie/en/products/laptops/product-detail.html?oid=7140140#!tab=specs
>>
>>51423698
open or proprietary? the open ones are better and more stable.
>>
>>51423741
The proprietary Catalyst drivers.
>>
>>51423775
>The proprietary Catalyst drivers.
literally why?
>>
>>51423785
I installed them to see if that would get the discrete GPU to work.
>>
>>51423741
The closed ones are more sanic
>>
Silly fucking questions

Which DE would you consider best for 2K resolutions

And can unity permanently hide the side bar so I use a dock instead?
>>
>>51423903
https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=radeonsi-cat-wow&num=4
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/ATI
>>
>call it "new"
>sperglord yells "IT'S GIH-NEW"
>>
File: 148567_gheorghe.jpg (429 KB, 1068x1600) Image search: [Google]
148567_gheorghe.jpg
429 KB, 1068x1600
>>51423930
halp
>>
http://pastebin.com /AUaR1C98
Little install script for arch
>>
Guys, I have installed the LXDM themes from the AUR (lxdm-themes). Then edited /etc/lxdm/lxdm.conf select the new theme. Reboot, doesnt work. Changed back to default (Industrial), then it works. I check the contents of the themes' folders and they are like, really different (Industrial from the other ones).

Then I decided to install the lxdm-git themes, but they're still ugly as fuck with that fuckin "Login" in the middle of the screen, with that shitty icons. Anyone had a similar problem/know if there's updated theme/have any enlightment for another anon?
>>
thonking about installing kororra, or chakra, are the shit?

Is there anyway to change a package manager? I've been using pacman (archbang) for the last few weeks so I'm familiar with it, anyway to change the package manager?
>>
>>51424044
Architect ? Or Antergos if you're sure which DE you want.
>>
What are you doing right now /flt/?
>>
>>51425711
Wondering about this
>>51424973
You're using a *buntu?
>>
>>51425711
listening to youtube.com/watch?v=N3t-K2bS2WA
>>
>>51424943
I've had similar issues, it seems fairly random when it decides to actually apply a theme. Just keep trying different ones until you find something that actually works.
>>
>>51424973
No. Just use pure Arch and set it up the way you like.
>>
>>51425711
Got my Arch set up perfectly and now I'm seriously considering installing gentoo but I don't really know why. If it wouldn't take days of compiling on my T420 I'd have already started.
>>
When i try to install Ubuntu on laptop, it get freezed after "Preparing to install"
What is problem boyz
>>
File: 1430271781537.jpg (63 KB, 728x701) Image search: [Google]
1430271781537.jpg
63 KB, 728x701
Which desktop environment is easiest to configure into an OS X style setup with a dock at the bottom and a nice activities bar at the top? Gnome looks pretty close but the shell integrated WM looks like garbage.
>>
Which is correct?

GNU/Gentoo Linux
or
Gentoo GNU/Linux
>>
>>51425881
Gentoo hasn't been good in years. Don't even bother. It's just a stupid /g/ meme.

Arch is fine.
>>
>>51425834
I gave up and put LightDM.
Still fast as fuck and pretty.
>>
Going back to Linux after leaving it for a while. How is Mint these days? Want something that more or less works out of the box, remember Mint Cinnamon being quite nice
>>
>>51426026
Gentoo GNU.

You don't call other OSes by some retarded construct of a name that involves their kernel. GNU is the OS, and it doesn't matter what the kernel is, even if your kernel is not made by the people who make the OS.
>>
>>51415038
>a music player
foobar2k through wine master race
>>
>>51425967
ElementaryOS
>>
>>51425967

Definitely ElementaryOS, it's general design philosophy is based around OSX.
>>
>>51426071
>using wine
>for a music player
just use deadbeef senpai
>>
>>51426154
>using wine at all
Might as well just go back to windows
>>
>>51403115
7 != XP
>>
No, Richard, it's 'Linux', not 'GNU/Linux'. The most important contributions that the FSF made to Linux were the creation of the GPL and the GCC compiler. Those are fine and inspired products. GCC is a monumental achievement and has earned you, RMS, and the Free Software Foundation countless kudos and much appreciation.

Following are some reasons for you to mull over, including some already answered in your FAQ.

One guy, Linus Torvalds, used GCC to make his operating system (yes, Linux is an OS -- more on this later). He named it 'Linux' with a little help from his friends. Why doesn't he call it GNU/Linux? Because he wrote it, with more help from his friends, not you. You named your stuff, I named my stuff -- including the software I wrote using GCC -- and Linus named his stuff. The proper name is Linux because Linus Torvalds says so. Linus has spoken. Accept his authority. To do otherwise is to become a nag. You don't want to be known as a nag, do you?
>>
>>51426026
gentoo.
Nothing else.
And it's a linux distribution
>>
I've been trying to install Kubuntu, but for whatever reason the DVD I made isn't being recognized when I restart the comp, it's like nothing is there.

Did something fail with the DVD burn perhaps? Do I have to change bios settings to get it recognized?

I did of course set the DVD as the first boot device in bios.
>>
>>51426356
Don't bother with DVDs, just use a usb stick, or drivedroid if you have an android phone.
>>
File: japanesebirdspaghetti.jpg (912 KB, 1662x1553) Image search: [Google]
japanesebirdspaghetti.jpg
912 KB, 1662x1553
>>51426376

hmm well I don't have a large enough usb stick, it's 1.3gb and I only have 1gb, but I do have an android phone so I'll look up drivedroid and give that a shot.
>>
File: 1445298308545.jpg (84 KB, 827x719) Image search: [Google]
1445298308545.jpg
84 KB, 827x719
So I'm trying to install Arch on my desktop and I'm running into an issue when I get to the point where I install my graphics drivers. For reference I'm running a GTX 680.

I get the base system installed, reboot into root and run the following:
 pacman -S nvidia nvidia-libgl 

It installs without error, I reboot, see the bootloader, see the system loading text scroll, and then the screen just stays black. Is there some glaring issue here? I'm pretty sure those are the right driver packages for my card according to the Arch wiki. Anyone have any ideas as to what the issue could be? Is there any way I can boot into recovery or could I just use my installation media to chroot into the system and try to fix it?
>>
>>51426705
Does alt-f2 do anything?
>>
>>51426788
nope. Looking into the "nomodeset" boot option
>>
>>51426705
>>51426868
When you install the nvidia driver, nouveau is blacklisted, so "nomodeset" will have no impact.
You should take a look into the system log (
journalctl -e
with systemd) and check if there's any kernel oops or panic at the time your screen blanks.
>>
File: abduct me.jpg (77 KB, 526x526) Image search: [Google]
abduct me.jpg
77 KB, 526x526
Please help.

I was changing audio settings in bitwig, but it suddenly crashed. The entire system hanged. I let it sit for a few minutes to see if it would resolve itself, but it didn't, so I had to force it to power off. Upon booting back in, I find pulseaudio is totally fucked. There was like 8 instances of it running, I tried to kill them and then more started. I turn off autospawning and then re-log, still multiple instances. I open up JACK to see if it works and it doesn't even load.

I tried
pulseaudio --kill
and it didn't do anything. I turned off the computer and went and cooled down.

I come back, turn computer back on, pulse is still fucked. Now Alsa is fucked too. Everything is fucked.

I use an interface, an M-audio Fast Track Ultra, and everything was working just fine up until now.

This is all happening on Xubuntu.
>>
>>51427531
Well, I don't know anything about your application, neither I do about how Ubuntu manages Pulseaudio, but something tells me that your bitwig thing is doing something that spawns multiple pulseaudio instances or has enabled the wrong audio device as default. I don't know if bitwig runs in the background when you login, but you should try to kill that first before going balls deep into pulseaudio configuration. Then you can fire up pavucontrol and set the right default audio devices.
>>
I installed arch with architect, kde as dm
When it boots, i only get the shell. What do I have to do for x/kde to you know, work?
>>
>>51404109
use debian testing its hawt dawg
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 28

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.