[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can anyone help me fix my amp? I can send you $5 through PayPal
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
Can anyone help me fix my amp? I can send you $5 through PayPal if you figure it out, it's a Pioneer A10k. There's a horrible hum in the left channel only on the phono input, all of the other inputs are fine and it's there when nothing is plugged in so it's definitely a preamp problem. Could get a dedicated pre but seems kind of sily, can use a soldering iron.

TL;DR: Loud hum in left phono wat do
>>
>>>/g/
>>
>>929069
/g/ told me to come here.
>>
>>929068
If it's a (higher pitch hum) 120 - 130 hum than it's a filter capacitor you can swap it out I assume it is this since it's only present in one channel.
If it's a 50-60 hz hum this is a more serious issue and might need some debugging.
It could be your channel wire runs parallel to a power cord. It could be a leaking capacitor in the power section, a worn out resistor in the transistor bias...
Spend the 5 bucks on an decent electronics book and upload a torrent.
>>
>>929081
https://youtu.be/ziK1B0R-pZs this is what it sounds like, how do I troubleshoot this? Got an electronics book but it's not really helping.
>>
>>929069
What exactly do you think this board is for?
From the types of threads posted on both boards, you should know the demographics.
Im dumbfounded when retards actually tell people to go to /g/ for any reason.
>>
>>929103
Yeah that's a filter cap.
If that's your board its the big one on the left. The one that's slightly concaved on the top.
Get a soldering iron and swap that baby out for a new one. Take care to get the polarity right.
and pls anon follow the first rule of electronics repair. Unplug it first.
Also discharge the caps with a 1k resistor before going in to a avoid turning in to a kebab
>>
File: casul.png (462 KB, 687x374) Image search: [Google]
casul.png
462 KB, 687x374
>>929103
forgot pictures where a thing
>>
>>929138
Thanks so much homie, could I have more instruction on discharging the caps?
>>
File: Discharging-a-capacitor.png (40 KB, 506x235) Image search: [Google]
Discharging-a-capacitor.png
40 KB, 506x235
>>929146
>>
>>929149
Sweet, whack me your paypal and I'll send you some dolla if you want. MVP
>>
>>929168
Give it to some poorfag on >>>/b/ for me.
I got a machine shop to run
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.