[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do people like this character again? >came out of nowhere
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 32
File: images (4).jpg (13 KB, 182x277) Image search: [Google]
images (4).jpg
13 KB, 182x277
Why do people like this character again?

>came out of nowhere to replace a longtime Avengers member
>character has no depth besides "she needs to appeal to millennials with internet language and quirkiness"
>Muslim for the sake if being Muslim, totally no agenda there
>pushed to the moon despite her character's former popularity being less than important for years
>series lauded as groundbreaking despite being the most generic young-adult style imaginable

She represents everything wrong with capeshit today. Why support her?
>>
Waifubait.
>>
>>82605837
Because its a fairly light-hearted book with a fun cast?
>>
>>82605837
She's fun. Some people enjoy things without trying to poke holes in everything. Also race change doesn't bother me if it's a new person, since comics are full of white people anyway.
>>
look up the writer
>>
>>82605837

As opposed to being christian for the sake of being christian?

Here's a question, why do some people demand that a character who isn't white-guy mcdefault have to somehow justify their existence? Or why do some people feel like characters from different walks of life somehow have to exist to push some "evil" agenda?
>>
>>82605837
Literally Marvel's Roman Reigns.
>>
The character is enjoyed because she is well written.
>>
She's a cute brown girl. People like cute brown girls. I doubt Korra would have got as many seasons if the main character was an Asian boy again.
>>
>>82605884
Insecurity.
>>
>>82605837
Plus its fun to read a character who doesn't have some sort of horrible guilt or tragedy in their backstory.

No dead parents, no abusive childhood, no last of her kind from a dead planet, no history of alcoholism, no terminal illness, etc. - she's just a good person who is inspired to be a hero.
>>
>>82605837
>>Muslim for the sake if being Muslim, totally no agenda there
Scott Snyder pls.
>>
>>82605884
Probably because Islam is inherently evil and their culture's treatment of women is sickening, so a publication that champions them with a cute female main character is pretty offensive.
>>
>>82605953
>Probably because Islam is inherently evil and their culture's treatment of women is sickening
Islam is inherently feminist, you F*CKING SHITLORD!
>>
puffy muslin vulva
>>
>>82605884
because this website is filled with insecure white nerds who have autism
>>
>>82605837
Because we muslims and ARABS ARE HUMANS too !
>>
>>82605953
Ah, so it's another example of somebody isn't part of a group championing for said groups rights and or dignity without being asked to or completely understanding the situation at hand.

Good. Great. Fantastic.
>>
>>82605953
All the Judeo-Christian religions are shitty to women if you go by the book, but she's a second generation American and not living back in some fundie shithole.

Its like the difference between a "Christian" who is generally pretty laid back and just listens to the peace/love/charity stuff and a "Christian" who sees their religion as code for "burn the gays, women should be barefoot and pregnant"
>>
>>82605953
not my parents.they are nice..
>>
>>82605900
>meme refrences
>good writing

Pick one and only one
>>
File: battlefield 1.jpg (221 KB, 1500x844) Image search: [Google]
battlefield 1.jpg
221 KB, 1500x844
>>82605837
Oh God, this reads like a /v/ post about Battlefield 1.

>Why is there a black guy from the Harlem Hellfighters regiment on the cover! It's totally pandering you guys!
>>
>>82606003
>implying you can understand Islam when they don't understand it themselves
>>
>>82605953
How is that different from any other religion?
>>
>>82606027
>canine.
I bet you're a tim drake fans..
>>
>>82605983

Yea either that or Islam is the fastest growing religion in the world and this is one of the most important developments on the planet today and it makes sense for anything that wants to be relevant to incorporate it
>>
>>82605837
A little phenomenon called "people having different taste from you". I find her really likeable. She's a dorky teen character in the vein of Peter Parker or Tim Drake (when he was good), but as a Muslim girl, which is an interesting spin on an old formula. She's fun.
>>
File: ruins.jpg (119 KB, 509x800) Image search: [Google]
ruins.jpg
119 KB, 509x800
>>82605837
Op thinks all superheroes have to be white
>>
>>82606006
All Muslims go "by the book" you spastic. Muslims see the Quran as the irrefutable word of god as delivered by the prophet Mohammed, peace be upon him. If it's written in there, you cannot deny it.
>>
>>82606046
Buddhists seem pretty chill mostly.

Not the Tibetan branch though where the monks used to abuse the shit out of peasants.
>>
>>82606046
Sikhism's pretty cool. Except for those Sikhs who ignore the 'no honour-killing/acid attacks' bit.
>>
She's fine a bit overrated on /co/ though. I agree she is being pushed way too hard.
>>
>>82606059
Look, you can;t expect someone who is white to be able to connect with someone who isn't white. that would involve empathy and an attempt to give the masses the benefit of the doubt.
>>
Scott Snyder and his fans are really anti Muslim.
>>
File: 1462562144108.png (396 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
1462562144108.png
396 KB, 960x960
>yfw Britain just got it's first Muslim mayor
>yfw drones are probably all yurocucks and DChamps are pure blooded Americans
>>
>>82606063
Then why are there different sects you dumb shit?

Muslims aren't robots with their AI written in Q*RAN programming language, they are people.

Just like any other people there are a lot of assholes and some decent folk who just want to get by and enjoy an easy life.
>>
A better question:

Why do mods let anons who have no interest in discussing comics post their thinly veiled political opinions in every thread in a conscious attempt to derail any actual discussion?
>>
>>82606046
Other religions have reformed since their founding and don't hold the teachings of an illiterate, warmongering paedophile as the gospel truth.
>>
File: 1431874313371.jpg (140 KB, 663x296) Image search: [Google]
1431874313371.jpg
140 KB, 663x296
>>82605837
>replace
Carol's still around and still an Avenger, on two teams no less. She got promoted, not replaced.
>character has no depth
hahaha okay I think we're done here
>>
File: 1458949203400.gif (3 MB, 267x199) Image search: [Google]
1458949203400.gif
3 MB, 267x199
>>
>>82606101
Comics are political. You can't pretend that they exist in a vacuum where the politics of the real world have no bearing.
>>
>>82605898
Fuck. YOU.
>>
>>82606105
Except for all the biblical literalists and quasi-fascist organizations that use religion to give their shit a thin veneer of respectability.

Honestly I'm not sure why some folk here hate muslim fundamentalists so much - both groups seem to hate women and homosexuals and love the idea of killing anyone who thinks differently.
>>
wee Muslims and Arabs Like fandom stuff.we love comics just like white people..
>>
>>82606023
>it's an "I've based my entire opinion off of cropped panels in lol threads" episode
>>
>>82605884
Islam isn't a race.

Comic characters shouldn't be religious. It's agenda pushing at its

She exists to fill a minority quota because of sjw bullshit.
>>
>>82605884

>Implying being ''Muslim'' with no clear indication to which branch of Islam you adhere to doesn't imply its a load of bullshit to start with
>Implying the little false parallel (inb4 all religions are the same, down to the very core Christianity teaching of humility goes in total opposition to the submission/opposition to an higher force that define Islam, this is fact) you just wrote doesn't prove me right

It's as much bullshit as if I took some random, bible-thumping Creationist then said they were a clear representation of the of Christianity as a whole, when in fact it couldn't be further from the truth. Or a Tibetan Buddhist monk then said the whole of Hinduism was just the same. Generalization isn't a good way to get a clear ideas of a situation, no matter how righteous or proper this generalization seem to be to your eyes. ESPECIALLY when they appear to be ''right''...

Also we expect the ''white-guy mcdefault'' get to justify his existence just as much as anyone else, but that is in the hand of the writer (who most of the time is a pretty shitty one because who the fuck would voluntarily writes comic books if he could write & sell better stuff on his own?), its not like it the readers who have a say in what the editor decide stay in the book and what doesn't.

Also to the OP, she is obviously a cash-in attempts by marvel to appear more ''hip'' to the younger, brainwashed generation that got fed the bullshit that multiculturalism work if you tolerate EVERY culture, even diametrically opposed ones (Sikh and Sunni Muslims per exemple) and that absolutely nothing wrong could comes out of it. This is literally pandering to a minority & politicians with the perverse intention to appear virtuous to these useful idiots.
>>
>>82606006
I mean the Christians who say "burn the gays" and "all women should be barefoot and pregnant" have no biblical authority. Islam literally says these things out right. The OT religion and the NT are totally different.
>>
>>82606094
To me it just sounds like you just want every superhero to be Captain America or Superman or something to me it sounds like you are I don't know racist
>>
File: 1362973050421.jpg (72 KB, 359x452) Image search: [Google]
1362973050421.jpg
72 KB, 359x452
>>82605837
>implying OP knows shit about Ms. Marvel
>>
>>82606171
>Islam isn't a race.
Nowhere in that post does it say it is a race.

>Comic characters shouldn't be religious. It's agenda pushing at its
I guess extremely Catholic Daredevil should cease to exist then.

>She exists to fill a minority quota because of sjw bullshit.
Even if that is true, so what? God forbid a character or two exist who don't pander specifically to you, but instead pander to other people.
>>
>>82605837

Because delicious muslim cake.
>>
>>82606177
Yeah, but if the people FOLLOW the OT then the OT is a part of their religion and a lot of American Fundamentalist Christianity draws on the OT for its base.

Just because it doesn't fit with what you think Christianity should be doesn't mean that it erases what they are doing or makes it "less Christian".
>>
File: 201501_2029_hfcde_sm.png (14 KB, 240x200) Image search: [Google]
201501_2029_hfcde_sm.png
14 KB, 240x200
>>82606175
>>
>>82606136
>Why do mods let anons who have no interest in discussing comics post their thinly veiled political opinions in every thread in a conscious attempt to derail any actual discussion?
Nowhere in this did he say or imply that comics weren't political. He's asking about why OP is posting what he's posting, with the intent to discuss his dislike for Muslims rather than anything that has to do with the comic or character, on a board that is for comics and actively discourages this sort of toxic /pol/-tier bait.
>>
File: punkfun.gif (3 MB, 200x169) Image search: [Google]
punkfun.gif
3 MB, 200x169
>>82606171
And manages to be a good standalone character in spite of that.
Which you would know. If you actually read the comics.
>>
>>82606065

>this religion seems pretty chill
>aside from the minority who aren't

So like he said, its like any religion.
>>
>>82606175
>Also we expect the ''white-guy mcdefault'' get to justify his existence just as much as anyone else,

Maybe you expect that, anon, maybe you do but I don't think you can say that for every person who whines about it here. After all, I never see any threads about the new white Falcon having to justify his existence or being a ploy to pander to a specific group of people.
>>
File: 1462213826911.png (67 KB, 212x336) Image search: [Google]
1462213826911.png
67 KB, 212x336
>>
>>82606155
Why do you assume that people who hate islam hate women and homosexuals?
>>
>>82606212

This anon has a point.

Want millenials to buy your comics? Add a trendy minority or 2 they can identify with.
>>
>>82606197
That, or facetious.
>>
>>82606155
Christian groups that the Bible as justification are people who are literally bullshitting. They take a few lines from the OT and revelations and go hurr it's the end of the wurld gas the kikes and fags. Nevermind that the religion has been about, since day one, hippy anti-materialist bullshit.
>>
>>82605837
1. Nobody liked Carol at that time so they (/co/) didnt think it was a real loss

2. Marvel has appealed to generations before this is not something new, see x-men roster across generations.

3. Being muslim can be see as an agenda but that is an interesting spin on things, characters like Dust or Monet are muslims but they werent americans and we never have seen them interect with their families members outside of killing each others.

4.is there are different factors for Kamala to be ground breaking, some might say is the liberal agenda of pushing no white characters Into a pedestal other might say that her comics is like silver age spider-man, /co/ hasnt agreed in an answer
>>
>>82606275
Because usually the same guys who post here about "so progressive" and "sjw pandering" are the ones who post about "feminazis" ruining things and complaining why anyone darker than beige is being written into stuff?

There's a pretty significant crossover in demographics.
>>
>>82606287
I once met a guy on /co/ who claimed the entirety of the New Testament was non-canon and Jesus was an OC.
>>
File: 1455128265570.jpg (5 KB, 164x160) Image search: [Google]
1455128265570.jpg
5 KB, 164x160
>>82606235
Kek, this just became my new favorite i ain't reading all that shit pic.
>>
>>82606097
Sadiq Khan's from fucking Tooting, I'll take him over some Tory fuckknuckle from Westminster who married someone called Shehrazade Bentley, if purely because he doesn't seem like he's fallen through a wormhole to a universe where the world is a lighthearted political satire.
>>
>>82606136
I like to call this the
>GTA doesn't influence people, but subliminal messages in X media do
defense
>>
>>82606301
I hate any for of oppression, whether it be any religion, feminism, authoritarianism...whatever.

Those are ideas, not people.
>>
>>82606155

And these groups are an extreme minority within Christianity as a whole.

Fuck, for someone who preach against generalization you sure fucking LOVE generalizing the fuck out of the opposite side as to simplify the arguments you have to come up with! You hypocritical faggots (Please note that in the current sentence, I do not mean it in a derogation of your sexual preferences, but rather to point out that you are a bundle of sticks(could be argued to be your values & morals) hold together by the flimsy cord you call an identity) are the worst kind of intolerant scum (the self-righteous kind) and the very reason why your fight for acceptance has stalled down as of late. Crying wolf only work if there are actually wolfs around, you know?

What, you believe that calling peoples racist, homophobes, antisemites, etc. isn't just as much of a generalization as calling all peoples niggers, crackers, yids or whatnot?
>>
>>82606323
lol
>>
>>82606263
*cough* Scarlett Johansson *cough*. *cough*The ancient one*cough*.
>>
>>82606301
feminism isn't women or homosexuals though. It's a political viewpoint. You can hate muslims and feminists and still appreciate people who are female or homosexual.
>>
>>82606315
I'm not saying anything is influencing people. I'm saying that the content of the books relates to politics, and you can't discuss its content without acknowledging that.
>>
>>82606171
You sound fragile
>>
>>82606323
>I hate any for of oppression, whether it be any religion, feminism, authoritarianism...
Sodomy...
>>
>>82606301
So if according to you anon some one who dislikes modern feminism hates women. Ideological indoctrination if I've ever seen it. What now anyone who dislikes communism hates the working class?
>>
>>82606326
>And these groups are an extreme minority within Christianity as a whole.
Yeah, but the ultra hardcore woman hating violent branch of Islam is a pretty small minority in most areas too which is why they spend most of their time terrorizing other muslims who want to do crazy things like send their daughters to school and enjoy a more secular way of life.

I'm not saying all muslims are perfect angels and to bless their darling little heads, I'm just saying that the most vile hardcore shit is done by people who are seen as outliers and disliked even within their own group which is why they hide in caves and spread their will through AK-47's instead of the population following them happily.
>>
>>82606381
Let he who is not a sinner cast the first stone.
>>
>>82606326
I think what i get from the Anon you replied is that in current year, extremist muslims are still killing another people for religious differences while extremist christians are just protesting outside of abortion clinics with signs that say "god hate fags"
>>
>>82605983
Are you saying there are no regular Muslim Americans? Kill yourself
>>
>>82606386
I've seen the most tame shit get called "feminazi" on this board.

Fuck man, if I were to go by the /co/-/pol/ definition any woman who does pretty much anything proactive in a story is pretty much a castrating she-beast out to take custody of your kids and roll around in your alimony.
>>
>>82606387
>Yeah, but the ultra hardcore woman hating violent branch of Islam is a pretty small minority in most areas too
No they aren't. You must know that they aren't, surely?
>>
>>82605837
Who the FUCK cares about Carol Danvers? Starting somewhere during the tail end of Civil War, she was shilled really hard as Marvel's new poster girl despite being a total who and having shit all for stories.
>>
>>82606349
Those examples are a little different. Kamal isn't removing Carol from existence, Carol just has a new name in Captain Marvel. Meanwhile Scarlett getting the job for Motoko Kusanagi removes potential employment for someone else.
>>
>>82606406
also occasionally blowing up abortion clinics or shooting the doctors who work there, though thankfully its a lot rarer here since we aren't in the goddamn third world.
>>
>>82606042
Oh my God. Is there a "best of" reaction compilation from the /v/irgins?
>>
>>82606421
Yeah, Carol Danvers is the real Roman Reigns of Marvel. I don't dislike her as a character but her being pushed so hard gets pretty annoying.
>>
hated the bullshit about her not going with her feelings with bruno on the 'last day'
looking out at uncertainty waiting for the end.
not even a kiss, all because wah, muh religion and i do love you, but muh religion.
the fuck.
they should've thrown down on top of the school and gone hormonal.
>>
>>82606421
Well, in their defense they didn't have too many choices. All the other former poster girls, mainly Storm and The Invisible Woman are all tied up with other companies. They had to pick someone they still had 100% rights too and someone who wasn't a sociopathic spy/murderer like Black Widow or Gamora.
>>
>>82606387
thank you.I love comics just like white people..
I love cosplay..I like dolls..I like my school friends.
I read yaoi mangas.we are not all evil..
>>
>>82606418
If they were universal then why would they need to do things like suicide bomb market places and takes schools full of helpless children hostage to force their shitty message on their fellow countrymen?
>>
>>82606421
That is exactly what they are doing with Kamala right now. She got slapped onto the avengers got a ton of guest appearances, was in pleasant hill, and will be in civil war 2, has tony stark and carol kissing her ass and even fighting for her attention.
>>
>>82606263

It's mainly because these kind of discussion have been going on for as long as the comic themselves that instead of defining them with such term we call them ''tropes'' and ''cliche'', and these kind of discussion has been overdone to death. It's just that with the modern PC trend shitty writer try to pass the same cliches as amazing writing simply because it paint the MC ( a minority muslim) in a good light and if anyone say anything about it, their concern get thrown under the bus as they are deemed ''hateful comments'' or some shit.

You guys started to call a shovel a spade then believed you actually created the fucking term.
>>
>>82606449
It wasn't about her religion you dumb fuck, it was just regular Spider-Man style "my life is too dangerous to get involved in romance"

Its stated flat out in the book.
>>
It's a simple and fun coming of age and second generation immigrant story. Literally kill yourself if you think there's anything wrong with that.
>>
>>82606438
Kamala is pushed super hard too
>>82606450
>carol
>not a murderer
Alien lives matter anon, and she gets down right sadistic about it.
>>
>>82605837
Because not everyone is racist like you, I guess?
>>
>>82606042
That's absolutely disgusting though. How dare they put one of those foul creatures on the cover of a game about WW1 when they didn't fight and die like the real heroes?

I fucking hate this pointless inclusion of Americans where they aren't wanted.
>>
>>82605884
How long till Thor and Zeus talk to her and tell her Allah is the one true god?
>>
>>82606429
So what are you suggesting ?
That Those countries should have better segurity, and then they will stop a lot of muslims crimes ?
>>
>>82606387
http://www.pewforum.org/2013/04/30/the-worlds-muslims-religion-politics-society-overview/

>Are a minority

Gee boy sure thing anon.
>>
>>82606498
Marvel doesnt touch God/Jesús ect unless is ghost rider
>>
>>82606492
Kamala is pushed hard sure, but she's still clearly mid-card material. She's the Dean Ambrose to Carol's Roman Reigns. She can fight Brock Lesnar, she's just not allowed to beat him.
>>
>>82606507
Yes?

Generally the more prosperous a country and its population are the less they turn to violent religion.

Thats why the most barren religious wastelands in america are in the poorer areas of the south.
>>
>>82606451
No one is saying your evil, we're saying Islam is a shitty dogma and that we don't like it.
>>
>>82605995
SHe's Paki, not Arab.
>>
>>82606087
>a bit overrated on /co/
It's mostly just waifufaggotry
>>
>>82606495
The Hellfighters fought, they just didn't tend to die. It's why the Germans called them the Hellfighters. As for the rest of those disgusting Americans I can't justify them having a big part in the game.
>>
>>82606157
Damifag it's okay. Just ignore it.
>>
>>82606427
You said that white actors don't have to justify their existence to people on this board, they do. As for the point about employment, it has nothing to do with the reason why people were upset.
>>
>>82606480
it was the 'end of the world' - the merging of worlds
so that final moment and you wouldn't want to go out making out with someone cause.. it's too dangerous.
>>
>>82606492
>>Kamala is pushed super hard too
She's being pushed hard because her book was so successful. Marvel realised they've potentially new popular character on their hands and want to maximise their usage with her
>>
>>82606526
>http://www.pewforum.org/2013/04/30/the-worlds-muslims-religion-politics-society-overview/

>Conversely, in some countries where Muslims make up more than 90% of the population, relatively few want their government to codify Islamic law; this is the case in Tajikistan (27%), Turkey (12%) and Azerbaijan (8%).

>Across the regions where the question was asked, medians of at least 51% say sharia should apply exclusively to adherents of the Muslim faith. This view is prevalent even in regions such as South Asia, Southeast Asia and the Middle East and North Africa, where there is overwhelming support for enshrining sharia as the official law of the land.

>Muslims around the world strongly reject violence in the name of Islam. Asked specifically about suicide bombing, clear majorities in most countries say such acts are rarely or never justified as a means of defending Islam from its enemies.

Boy anon, I sure got told.

This
>>
>>82606591
But I wasn't talking about actors, I was talking about the new falcon, in the comic books.
>>
>>82606599
They sat together at the end of the world, but the world didn't end and Kamala pushed him away because she loves being a super hero and doesn't want to have any conflicts with her personal life (sometimes to a detrimental degree).

She was shown as being pretty jealous when Bruno got himself another girlfriend later, but later admits that its her fault for not striking while the iron was hot.
>>
>>82606583
you're a sad person . you crazy racistTimfag,
this is now your name..
I am not afraid of you - you fuck off.
>>
>>82606484
/thread
>>
>>82606646
Just trying to calm you down mate. I'm a damianfag too and feel bad for you
>>
>>82605837
I'm sure it has nothing to do with the following
>She's a likable character
>Her supporting cast is likable
>Her book harkens back to silver age Spidey and is well written.
>Honestly she is pretty fucking secular
>>
>>82606042
>>82606495
Firstly going by your reasoning about Americans it is agendist to include the Hell Fighters because they were a small part of a nation that played a small part.

Personally however, I believe that the Americans suffered a significant death toll and contributed a huge amount to ending the war and definitely were essential to Entente victory. The Hell-fighters were a cool unit but iirc they fought under the french.
>>
>>82606581
>Harlem Hellfighters
>Black Rattlers
>Men of Bronze
>The Harlem Hellfighters were an African-American infantry unit in WWI who spent more time in combat than any other American unit.
>The nickname "Hell Fighters" was given to them by the Germans due to their toughness and that they never lost a man through capture, lost a trench or a foot of ground to the enemy.

These guys are pretty much video game protagonists already.
>>
>>82605837
>every character should be the same featureless gray cube used as default for pre-pre-alpha physics engine testing until it is ABSOLUTELY VITAL TO THE STORY that they have any sort of description
>>
>>82606706
Yeah they were certified badasses. Though I'd rather a game based on the Tuskeegee airmen. Those motherfuckers were some of the best damn pilots in WW2.
>>
What a cancerous thread. /co/ is truly the easiest board to bait.
>>
>>82606706
All the more reason to be the protagonists of the next Battlefield video game.

But no, they were black and acknowledging them now would be SJW pandering. And we all knop how the SJWs love their 1st person shooters.
>>
>>82606095
What do you mean?
>>
>>82605837
>leave for an hour
>expect to come back to an image dump
>all of this bullshit
>>
File: 1459712263109.gif (722 KB, 245x245) Image search: [Google]
1459712263109.gif
722 KB, 245x245
>>82605953
oh god, oh god, my PTSD is acting up.
>>
>>82606725
Or how about the majority japanese-american ww2 442nd regimental combat team? There's so many great stories from these wars that should be shared.
>>
>>82606776
Someone post some Kamala being cute.
>>
a racist boy HIT me in my school.he hit me in my face..for no reason ! I did not tell it my parents.#I am ashamed*they say I am terrorist..a girl calls me hijacker", ""brownie bitch.
>>
>>82606757
I disagree. This is probably the most civilized and pleasant thread about a subject like this I've seen on this site.
>>
File: saara (2).png (97 KB, 1225x1072) Image search: [Google]
saara (2).png
97 KB, 1225x1072
>>82605837
Oh hi /pol/.

>>82605884
This, desu.
>>
>>82606813
Yeah no lie, the racial slurs to posts ratio is pretty stellar for a thread like this on 4chan.
>>
File: 1461815452024.jpg (2 MB, 2736x3648) Image search: [Google]
1461815452024.jpg
2 MB, 2736x3648
>>82605884
I don't really care if they have to justify their lifestyle. If its brought up with no real reason to make a plot(like discrimination, the evil guy is committing genocide against the hero's culture/ethnicity) then its ok. However it seems like most stuff(mostly gender changes, religious background, or political views) is just brought up to say "look at how progressive we are" then I see it as useless. Hell make all the x-men black I don't care.
>>
>>82606305
If you're Jewish that's not far from the truth.

>>82606616
The three former Soviet satellites agree poor choice for making a generalization about Islamic nations.

https://youtu.be/bV710c1dgpU

These are the views okc mainstream Islam.
>>
>>82605837
reasons i like kamala
1.She's fun
2.She's muslim (i'm muslim too)
3.She can increase her size and become a giantess and that please my penis.
>>
Honestly her family save Aamir is pretty damn secular albeit conservative.
>>
File: 99-049.jpg (848 KB, 870x472) Image search: [Google]
99-049.jpg
848 KB, 870x472
Dare I ask what /co/ thinks of The 99?
>>
>>82606897

Muslims can be as conservative as they want because its their culture, only white, male conservatives are Nazis.

t. German.
>>
>>82606869
Seriously though, that poll didn't really help the argument against Muslims generally being alright.

Especially American muslims who were more likely to have non-muslim friends, reject violence in favor of their religion, believe that multiple religions were viable paths to salvation, etc. and Kamala is an american muslim from a fairly secular family.

Her brothers the most religious, and her mom and dad troll him for it because he's kind of a lazy bum.
>>
>>82605995
Kamala is Pakistani
>>
The girl in yellow looks like me :)
>>
File: 8d0.jpg (21 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
8d0.jpg
21 KB, 600x600
>>82605953
>>
>>82606922

I remember a thread where we mocked the ever loving shit out of the cartoon that The Hub was supposed to air.
>>
>>82606944
the wife of my uncle Pakistani :)
>>
>>82606632
Anon either you're right about /co/ being biased or you're not.

>>82606725
The Poles man with Gabby Gabreski

>>82606790
Those guys were certified savages. Honestly immigrants would make good charters for these kind of games they often have a lot to prove and sacrifice a lot to prove it.
>>
File: jrQJabf.png (110 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
jrQJabf.png
110 KB, 625x626
>>82605983
>>
>>82606171
>Islam isn't a race.

go jerk off to the /pol/ catalog
>>
>>82606995
Yeah, but then you have to make minorities the main characters and that would involve taking a chance.
>>
>>82606451
>school friends
How old are you, Damifag?
>>
>>82605837
I have a Muslim character.
She's a WWIII war lord.
She's against homosexuality.
She's sacrificed her gender in order to end the conflict between the Suunis and the Shiites and still line up with her faith.
And she's an engineer with a power suit.
Am I tumblr?
>>
So is Kamala ever going to have to go toe to toe with her idol Captain Marvel? Will she find out about how much of an authoritarian alcoholic fuckup Carol really is?
>>
>>82606171
d'awww, is the little anon upset because now there are a noticeable number of characters who aren't exactly like him in major titles? It's OK, go ahead and call anything that doesn't pander to you sjw bullshit while we go and enjoy good comics without caring about the race of the characters in them.
>>
>>82605837
Well if you read it, its really good. Her balancing of life/super heroing, is really, really well done. Best thing since classic spidey.
>>
>>82607045
like Dami.but am not so strong like him##

Rasict can hurt me..because I'm so small.
I wish I could fight like the robins..
>>
>>82607070
I think that's the setup for her character arc during the upcoming Civil War 2 event.
>>
>>82607070
It may happen in Civil War II, as the most recent Ms. Marvel comic has already set up a rivalry between Captain Marvel and Iron Man over who gets to mentor Kamala
>>
>>82606938
It, along with the video showed you what the views of mainstream Islam are. They are against religious freedom and against, for the stoning and having of gays, and against "gender equality" these are mainstream views.

However, I'm going to definitely agree with you about Kamala. She's not the way she is because of what you said though. Just look at the video which was in England. She's that way because she's in the U.S. where assimilation is treated as a necessity.
>>
>>82605837
I think making her muslim does feel forced. If she had just been some random girl in Jersey, without all the forced islam crap. Replace can't drink cuz muh religion, into can't drink cuz mom said no and I have a guilty conscience? Stuff like that.

I'm not sure though, did the writer want her to be muslim, or was that Marvel pandering? Anyone know?
>>
>>82607133
The writer is muslim and people like writing characters who are like themselves?
>>
>>82607066
I'm pretty sure that's racist
>>
>>82607133
The writer is a mental white woman who converted to islam.
>>
>>82607169
Please elaborate?
>>
>>82607038
It's been done and no-one complained. Ramirez from COD was cool, and we've had plenty of Japanese protagonists as well. Just don't make them relateable and patriotic and no-one will bat an eye.
>>
>>82607133
I'm glad she's Muslim, it doesn't seem forced to me. The name is fitting, and I like the name.
Whites are probably running out of names anyway at this point.
>>
>>82606003
The creator of the character is Pakistani and the writer is Muslim.

I don't know what the fuck you want.
>>
>>82607186
Writing that accurately reflects the controversial "stoning is cool" views of mainstream muslims is no bueno.
>>
>>82607169
Quit using commie words
>>
>>82606865
You are building a fucking Kafka trap here.
People always complain when people are minorities and the author makes it a big thing, then forces the reader through a discrimination arc.
Now you come in and demand people justify being any kind of minority with just such an arc.

>>82607066
Well. That sounds like a deeply contradictory character. Which inherently describes any internet community, them being the aggregate of many opinions.
Denying your self in order to reach a goal should however be explored as a conflict. It is not enough to just state it without showing what it entails. Otherwise is just evaporates without impact.
But say, on what terms does she unify the faith?
Victory of the fundamentalists, radical reform, imposing her will through conquest, rallying against a common enemy?
>>
>>82607201
Seargeant Johnson from Modern Warfaer 1 was also a minority. he's the guy on the cover. He just happens to die 2/3rds of the way through.
>>
Why are we not talking about her cute bum?
>>
>>82607236
I don't see where you got that vibe
I probably should have added more, she's a former UAE soldier so she's pretty westernized.
And against doesn't mean she goes out of her way to stone gays
>>
>>82606233
Christ deliberately dismisses the OT as doctrinal. Following the OT is heretical anon and I'm not here to listen to heresy.
>>
>>82605837
She is cute geek girl, ideal waifu. Also do you know other superheroes who write fanfics about other heroes? Comics about she are funny, i like when funny.
>>
>>82607171
Why does it matter what race the writer is?

It's funny how people will claim "I'm not racist because Islam isn't a race," but then say racist bullsh** like this.
>>
>>82607274
Because she's just a little girl
>>
>>82607274
Because she is underage. Also, what bum?
>>
>>82607186
I was half-baiting but i'd say it would depend if your charater is the only muslim, people might get offended and think its racist (not saying it is). To be fair it would depend of the context of the story, it's not like every muslim in fiction are potrayed as good (quite the contrary actually).
>>
>>82607236
The Pew poll posted earlier of the worlds muslims said that the majority think that the more severe punishments like stoning and cutting off hands for theft and all that are bad though?

Especially the ones in the first world, such as Kamala Khan who is the character that the comic is about.

Do you have a problem with numbers?
>>
>>82607253
The really boiled down version is that she found herself suddenly the leader of a rag tag army of US Navy and Marines, UAE, and Omani soldiers after China and Russia invaded the Arabian penninsula.
She then just got really pissed off that there was still this internal conflict within her own faith, and assaulted both sides and forced them to come together under threat of violence.
>>
>>82605837
It's the best generic young adult comic since Ditko-Lee Spider-Man
>>
>>82607275
Then she's a heretic and wouldn't be able to unite shit as she wouldn't be able to appeal to radial or fundamentalist views.
>>
>>82607332
>>82607318
>>
>>82607318
>really pissed off that there was still this internal conflict within her own faith, and assaulted both sides and forced them to come together under threat of violence.

RELIGION OF
P
E
A
C
E
>>
>>82607312
It doesn't, it says that the majority support Sharia and are "against militant Islam".
>>
>>82607369
Never said she was peaceful.
She's actually pretty violent, but she her goal isn't to fight a war, it's to end it.
So her end agenda is peace.
>>
>>82607275
>>82607318
I am a bit miffed that there are no European forces involved.
Other than that, it would be important on what terms she unites the faith.
The underlying schisms must be decided in some way, or the whole thing will come apart again because once the threat is gone, they will immediately go back to infighting.
>>
>>82607293
Mentioning someone's race isn't racist. Mentioning that she is white is important though, because its important to note the writer was not raised in a Pakistani or muslim household and she's not writing about her own experiences.
>>
>>82607318
>>82607332
This scenario is dumb and if you were going for geopolitical realism then you fixed up.
>>
File: B52SuperiorFirepower.jpg (115 KB, 500x495) Image search: [Google]
B52SuperiorFirepower.jpg
115 KB, 500x495
>>82607400
>peace through superior fire power.
That's American as fuck.
>>
File: 1460168668431.gif (512 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
1460168668431.gif
512 KB, 480x270
>>
>>82607406
They actually have some European weapons and tanks.
I'm American so I guess I'm a little biased in that sense, she did work with French(?) troops in Beirut, before she was a leader, when it was invaded by the Syrians.
I'll throw in some Swiss or Brits or maybe Germans, gotta look at what countries have influence there.
>>
>>82607412
...but based on the experiences off her editor, Sana Amanat.
>>
>>82607217
Kamala-chan does roll off the tongue.
>>
>>82607412
This is funny because i grew up in a muslim family and i had lived similar experience than kamala
>>
>>82607454
>Swiss
>anywhere outside Switzerland and the Vatican
No. Switzerland is neutral. Period.
>>
>>82607431
>>82607454
>>
>>82607318
I'm not trying to be like
>>82607414
But I'm not getting this. Are the Americans controlling her CIA style. Do they really think United Islam is good. Why would Marines and Navy leave their cozy command structure for some crackpot that certainly knows less about fighting a war that their leaders do?
>>
>>82607406
Also I actually haven't worked out how she maintains the peace yet.
She might try to make education mandatory and go a more peaceful route after thoroughly shoving her boot up their asses.
>>
>>82605837
Her power is neat, she's got a cool costume.
Teenage girl Reed Richards is way more fun than normal Reed Richards.
>>
>>82607505
Oh no the US troops are marooned. Chinese fleets cut off them off from the Pacific, they stopped in Oman, couldn't get fuel but were allowed to disembark.
Than there was a siege and now all their boats are fucked.
>>
>>82607454
Coming from the UAE she should have a majority of Euro equipment. That being said her conflict would be protracted and unsuccessful. There is no way in hell the muslims would unify. They might collaborate to beat of the Russians, and then the Yanks and Brits would abandon her to her crumbling regime.
>>
>>82607459
Still feels like the writer is making an idealized version of what she thinks an American-Muslim family is like.

I find muslims to be funny, especially the "Religion of Peace" ones. They pick and choose pieces of their holy book in such a crazy way, and sometimes just seem to even make stuff up out of the blue, so they can do what they do, and say they are still religious and that it backs up their decisions.

Kind of like Catholics. They pick, and choose, and even make up things that aren't in the bible and choose to worship it. Theres no Pope, cardinal, bishop, whatever the fuck system in the bible. No where in the bible does it say to worship mary as a holy woman. Fuck in the bible its mentioned that Christ had siblings. Some that Joseph had from a previous marriage, and some that he had with MARY. Bible says she was a virgin mother to Christ, but she had other children with Joseph later on. Catholics do weird crazy shit, and the bible doesn't support any of it, they just made it up on their own. Mostly as a system of control, and money gathering.

Peaceful Muslims are the same. They change their book, pick choice parts of the quran to live more normal, peacful, western lives.
>>
>>82607565
How'd things go so wrong "budget cuts?"
>>
>>82607568
I think I should have mentioned earlier that her "terf" only spanned the Arabian peninsula.
I made it sound like she created total peace and I apologize
>>
>>82607600
No they just didn't have the fuel for the trip.
Like, they had to top off there before they could do anything else
>>
>>82607596
*tips fedora*
>>
>>82607596
Bible doesn't say any of that.

It does say

"I shall call you Peter and on this rock I eat my church."
>>
>>82607544
Why do you call her teenage girl Reed Richards? She's not really a stretchy hero at all. She's a size changer. Her size changes, and ups her density at the same time, so increased size gives her boosted strength. She can just choose to boost that size in specific parts... Well she can enlarge in a way that makes her stretch out a bit, but its not so much rubber body like Reed, or Elongated man, more like Elastigirl from Doom Patrol.
>>
>>82607631
I'm not even an Atheist, I'm a practicing Christian, I just didn't want to come off super biased... Fuck man you can't win, thats the internet.

>>82607647
Thats my point, catholics took that and ran in a long and strange direction.
>>
>>82607647
That's the Cannibal Bible.
>>
>>82607596
I heard of Muslim who ate a sausage he knew was 50% beef, 50% pork. So he threw half the sausage away.
Meanwhile I laugh at every Muslim who eats bread from grain grown on European fields, never thinking it's all grown on a steady diet of pig shit.
>>
>>82607647
>on this rock I eat my church
>eat my church
Um, you meant Build my church.
>>
Why do muslims refuse to eat pork?
They are many things, but they're not cannibals.
>>
>>82605898
That's Inhumans
>>
>>82607611
You can write this bit however you like but from most point of views it's still impossible to do in a timely fashion. Then to maintain it for more that the length of the conflict, impossible flat out without genocide begin involved.

>>82607630
>Didn't have fuel for the trip.
How this happen? Budget cuts. They're in the ME there isn't a closed port in the region and there is no way anyone would refuse to refuel them.
>>
>>82607253
>You're building a trap
Fuck you whiny faggot. I like how you ignore all my valid points just to stir up shit. Again fuck you
>>
>>82607747
Every time I think of pork and Muslims my mind goes to that scene from Beverly Hills Cop 2, where Axel Foley is undercover.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5AsYaSut428
>>
>>82607596
That's called not blindly following a book/fancy leader. Some people choose to practice religion by the best parts of it (like not sinning, but also bot stoning people) and some people go by what "God tells them (in their heart)" and there's no way for me to make that not sound silly but faith is faith and if it isn't awful I can respect it. I prefer people who love and have faith and god and being a good person to the people who beat their sinning children for bot staying virgins till marriage (aka whores)(I've witnessed such things first hand from my friends life) or people who weaponize the bible for their own bias (homophobics).
>>
>>82607717
>Meanwhile I laugh at every Muslim who eats bread from grain grown on European fields, never thinking it's all grown on a steady diet of pig shit.

That's not really a problem, you just have to not directly eat pig
>>
>>82607747
I think it's something to do with how pigs are very difficult to keep in the terrain found in the middle east, and are very prone to getting diseases and parasites, making their meat unhealthy. There's a lot of stuff like that - accessions to the reality of the time of writing in the Quran. Take cutting off a thief's hand - it's not as cruel as killing them, but imprisoning them would incur a cost to the state that they couldn't afford. Same goes for the rules regulating slavery instead of abolishing it - it was a big damn industry and vital to the infrastructure of the region, couldn't just get rid of it, so Mo does his best to keep it as nice and fair as treating other human beings as somewhere between livestock and tools can be.
>>
File: stare.png (5 KB, 366x280) Image search: [Google]
stare.png
5 KB, 366x280
>>82607747
You stole that from an A. Wyatt Mann cartoon, didn't you.
>>
>>82607806
Then she's either going full on Hitler or taking a long time stabilize everything.

Also about fuel: blah blah oil reserves sabotaged, Saudi Arabia and Oman destabilized, economic crash and everything.
I tried to give a boiled down version but it seems I need to add more to the essentials list.
>>
>>82607704
>>82607733
Yeah fucking auto correct.

>>82607692
They got carried away but the Church was meant to be.
>>
>>82607875
literally no one will ever care about your weird self insert character
>>
>>82607891
I'm a white American guy from Minnesota
>>
>>82607909
then even fewer people will care about your weird fetish character or whatever the crap this is
>>
File: 1445893687014.png (81 KB, 278x260) Image search: [Google]
1445893687014.png
81 KB, 278x260
>>82605837
She's more like Ms. Tumblr than Ms. Marvel.
I've borrowed the comics at my library and it was shit, she even wrote a fan fiction about Wolverine and she had to save her muslim friend from a scientist bird.
So like I said it's like reading a teenager's story from tumblr.
>>
>>82607565
Why would the Arab countries not refuel their allies when they're being invaded?

How could the Chinese Navy manage to cut off the Yankee doodle boat parade, I mean I'm Chinese (ethnically) and even I know that the Chinese aren't even within spitting length of American parity. Bigger boats with less missiles, no carriers worse subs, no railguns, no fifth gen carrier aircraft. What's happening here?
>>
>>82605837
The character, the setting, the premise, and the B plot relationships are all good, but so far the A plot has been total shit.
>>
File: hair.png (6 KB, 306x353) Image search: [Google]
hair.png
6 KB, 306x353
Even though Saara Husayn is a devout Shi'a Muslim, she's pretty apolitical. She's not even that strict about keeping her hair covered.
>>
>>82607875
She won't be able to stabilize anything unless she goes full Hitler. W/o any divine authority she'll have to do things the old fashioned way. Guns and gear will find their way to the critcs as a result of the ensuing conflict and one of her many male subordinates will likely kill her before the war's out. Hitler is the only way to go.

Now ask yourself if the Yanks and the Brits will go for that when they can just consolidate the Arabian militaries and use them to defend the oil while they (the yanks) defend the region from Chicom and the Ruskies.
>>
>>82608127
Then she's a heretic.
>>
File: YourOpinions.gif (969 KB, 375x211) Image search: [Google]
YourOpinions.gif
969 KB, 375x211
>>82605837
>>came out of nowhere to replace a longtime Avengers member
She's a legacy character who took up a code name that was left behind, she replaces no one as Carol is still active.
>>character has no depth besides "she needs to appeal to millennials with internet language and quirkiness"
Most cape characters have 0 depth beyond one character trait, I would argue that Kamala is gaining depth the longer her comic is running. The Last Days tie ins are a perfect example
Did the "Theres only one god ma'am and im pretty sure he doesnt dress like that." Line get you all weak in the knees because they were talking about the most false god of all? Take your anger back to /pol/
>>pushed to the moon despite her character's former popularity being less than important for years
It might have something to do with the creative team on her book being outstanding, well written and the art is spectacular, not relying on her popularity it sell, despite the book being hot garbage like the last 50 issues of Batman that DC has shoved down our throats
>>series lauded as groundbreaking despite being the most generic young-adult style imaginable
This might have something to do with the fact that writers have 0 idea on how ro write teen heroes, and Kamala is the exception, it's honestly the first teen hero book in ages that actually feels like you're reading about a teen hero
>She represents everything wrong with capeshit today. Why support her?
No, you represent everything wrong with capeshit, because a character you don't like (and haven't read a single comic of) is more popular than your favorite hero you feel the industry is being ruined for it. I think you should fuck back off to /v/ and stay in your containment board.
>>
>>82605837
Because she's one of the few superheroes that enjoys just going out and being a fucking superhero. No super dark secrets, no labyrinthian continuity. Just a girl going out and fighting crime because she feels it's the right thing to do and she has fucking superpowers.
>>
>>82608240
So she has no depth at all, no complex stories just a ton of blank adventures stacked together?
>>
>>82608380
MY PARENTS ARE DEAD is about as uncomplicated as motivations get.
>>
>>82608380
>depth
You keep using that word, I don't think it means what you think it means anon, she actually has a lot more depth that most other characters.
>>
>>82608426
You know, that's a stereotype anon.
>>
>>82605943
This. It's light hearted and FUN.
An actual good role model for the kids.

And the art is a solid 8/10.
>>
>>82608459
What depth?
The depth of being hysterical as fuck and a fucking teenager?
Are you baiting or are you betraying all the Marvel universe by saying this shit out loud?
For fuck sake keep your feminist character where it belong.
>>
>>82608472
Well the whole think about dark secrets and tragic backstories is that if everyone has one then they aren't special anymore, they are expected of you.

Even Superman who has just about the sweetest most whitebread childhood you can imagine is a fucking orphan due to planetary destruction and that shit keeps coming back to mess with him.

Kamala is just a nice person who decides to not abuse the power she was granted and emulates people she admires without having to carry all their baggage.
>>
>>82608035
It could have been a smaller fleet I guess?

>>82608196
I'll go half Hitler. Definitely really extreme on how she forces everyone to not kill each other on her new country, but working to create a stable and functioning nation.
As for the Western militaries I think you're misinterpreting the influence they have on this, they're just kinda there by accident and not too many of them at all.
They're all also cut off because WWIII three is happening.
I think America started having a second civil war too but I'm not too sure on that one.

I sound like one of those cunts that just keeps making up bullshit on the spot to save himself now.
>>
>>82608570
That's the problem of this whole series!
This is just blank as fuck.
>>
>>82608558
>feminist character
That's not America, or Monica, or Carol, or Patsy, or Whor, or Widow. Bait harder son
>>
>>82608604
I actually have a massive pasta, should I pastebin link?
>>
>>82607647
Fucking 'murrican translations.
>>
>>82606098
>some decent folk who just want to get by and enjoy an easy life.
If they were decent people, they wouldn't worship a marauding child rapist.
>>
>>82608622
She's someone who grew up in a world where superheroes were fucking EVERYWHERE and that influenced her, so when she gained powers of her own of course she wanted to emulate her idols.

Its all pretty logical really.

>>82608666
Dear god no.
>>
>>82605837
Because Carol Danvers is such a boring non-charachter that anything is an improvement.
>>
>>82607662
Kamala's abilities are more similar to Apocalypse than Reed Richards.
>>
>>82608683
>Matthew 10:34: "Do not think that I have come to bring peace on earth; I have not come to bring peace, but a sword."

>Matthew 10:35-37: "For I have come to set a man against his father, and a daughter against her mother, and a daughter- in- law against her mother- in- law; and a man's foes will be those of his own household. He who loves father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; and he who loves son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me."

All prophets are fucking assholes man.
>>
>>82608637
You're right on this point, but seen from another angle she's part of them.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 32

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.