[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Believe it or not this was posted to tumblr.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 116
File: femarmor1.jpg (55 KB, 600x452) Image search: [Google]
femarmor1.jpg
55 KB, 600x452
Believe it or not this was posted to tumblr.
>>
File: femarmor2.jpg (180 KB, 600x1000) Image search: [Google]
femarmor2.jpg
180 KB, 600x1000
>>
File: femarmor3.jpg (151 KB, 600x1000) Image search: [Google]
femarmor3.jpg
151 KB, 600x1000
>>
>>82545816
>>tumblr
Unless you're a racist White girl, who gives a shit?
>>
File: femarmor4.jpg (84 KB, 600x643) Image search: [Google]
femarmor4.jpg
84 KB, 600x643
>>
File: femarmor5.jpg (198 KB, 600x1000) Image search: [Google]
femarmor5.jpg
198 KB, 600x1000
>>
>>82545816
>>>/tg/
>>
>>82545852

This was quite obviously made in /tg/, but for some reason OP thinks it's more credible now because it was stolen and then posted on tumblr?
>>
>>82545850
>all elves are whores
That's not far from the truth. Why do you think they get raped so often? Because they actively or subconsciously seek out those who would rape them.
>>
>>82545816
>>82545827
>>82545832
>>82545841
>>82545850
Seems unclear as to whether the goal of this was to correct factual errors or state that facts don't matter when telling a fictional story. I think it would have benefited from sticking to the former subject rather than going off on a speech about feminists.
>>
>>82545916

I don't know why these days even so much as criticising a feminist even mildly is "verboten"? Is it because they'd rather let some crazy feminist talk shit than let a bunch of smelly MRAs even so much as dominate the thread?
>>
File: judgment armor.jpg (29 KB, 166x300) Image search: [Google]
judgment armor.jpg
29 KB, 166x300
>>82545816

Do people really use "but it's not practical" as an argument against boobplate? Most fantasy armor is impractical. Armor that actually works looks boring, so people make it look cool for fiction.

Look at this shit. It's plate armor that somehow also has the properties of cloth. Nobody cares how retarded it is because so is everything else.
>>
>>82545827
>agency
kek, I kinda like this guy
>>
>>82545963
It's called a surcoat. Boob plate just looks dumb because you could achieve the same thing by making a regular breast plate. It's not as if it'll crush your breasts, since if it does then the thing just doesn't fit you.
>>
>>82545827
I could not give any less fucks about her armor, but Diana DESERVES A GORE WHICH TOUCHES HER STERNUM GODDAMNIT!

She will suffer chafing, discomfort and a severe lack of support. Does she not deserve better? Do we, as a people, not deserve a world without the horrors of boob-rash?
>>
>>82545816
Shittywebcomics, go back to your selfmade containment board on 8cuck
>>
File: 1446576042017.jpg (84 KB, 508x504) Image search: [Google]
1446576042017.jpg
84 KB, 508x504
>>82545827
>Agency
>>
People say it's easy to deal with SJWs, just ignore what they have to say and do what you want. (ie. Treat them like trolls)

But how do you do that when their tactics are like 4chan trolls, except minus the lulz? And unlike 4chan, they have the media on their side, and you know what they say about fighting against someone who has a pen...
>>
>>82546001
>deities
>getting boob-rash
>>
>>82545816
What does this have to do with /co/?
>>
>>82545816
I'm cool with boob armour and bikini mail but I have a thing for practical armour
>>
>>82545991
It's because in realistic full plate that will protect someone, there is no way to tell what sex someone is.

So there is little reason to have a woman in the visual medium.

Women bitch about boob plate because boob envy. That's it.

Tits on plate to lure eyeballs. That's it.
>>
>>82546029
If anything could harm a deity's breast, it would be a deity's other breast.
>>
>>82545945
That is not remotely what I said.
>>
>>82545963
Nobody should look at Warcraft armor as any kind of standard.
>>
>>82546092

WoW is the most extreme example, but most high fantasy armor isn't practical and is designed to look cool without any regard as to how useful it would actually be.

>>82545991

He has swords on his shoulderpads. How is that not ridiculous and impractical?
>>
>>82546125
I didn't say it was practical. Just that it's not bendy plate, it's a surcoat worn over the plate which is why it looks like he's wearing robes.
>>
File: 1448673727168.jpg (13 KB, 198x198) Image search: [Google]
1448673727168.jpg
13 KB, 198x198
Gothic games solved that problem the best way possible, by not including any female warriors.
No bitches = no bitching.
>>
>>82546125
>most high fantasy armor isn't practical and is designed to look cool without any regard as to how useful it would actually be.
On that note there's no real rational reason for sorcerers wearing unpractical robes instead of regular (even light) armor, it's just an issue of min-maxing class abilities.
Yeah I know they explain it away with "armor is a hindrance to magic" but it's just a damn excuse.
>inb4 they don't need armor
I'd believe that if wizards didn't get stabbed so often.

Anyway yeah, rule of cool.
>>
>>82545945
>I don't know why these days even so much as criticising a feminist even mildly is "verboten"?

OP is trolling material. It opens with "Mu erections" and ends with freebleeding, which is a /b/-scam.
>>
>>82545841
This is what I don't get

>complains constantly about "hurrr durrr muh realism"
>literally everything in fiction is now muh realism. There is nothing left that is not
>>
>>82545827
>only women get angry
Men also through a temper tantrum when men are portrayed as anything less than powerful or if their armour is inaccurate (whether practically or historically) or too attractive to women
>>
>>82546149
Truly ahead of its time
>>
>>82546248
>>literally everything in fiction is now muh realism. There is nothing left that is not
Do you actually believe that?
>>
SHUT
UP
GOOBERGATE
>>
>>82546251
When has that happened?
I'm genuinely curious.

Hell I actually want to know what kind of armor women find SOO attractive that men threw a bitchfit about it.

I mean, goddamn. Most people's favorite heroes have real weaknesses and can get taken out rather easily by something or other. Just look at the wall crawler and batman.
>>
File: Honey_Camp_Lazlo.jpg (18 KB, 210x240) Image search: [Google]
Honey_Camp_Lazlo.jpg
18 KB, 210x240
>>82545816
I'm so confused by this

Was the whole point of this post just to show boob armor doesn't exist? Or smugly assert that because boob armor doesn't exist it can't kill you in real life?

Is this just purposefully misinterpreting the idea that boob armor would kill you by reading it as "Boob armor is the cause of your death"? Like, you were murdered BY boob armor?

Why would anyone write this?
>>
Boob armor is stupid
>>
>>82546315
No, they're just taking apart the bitching over boob armor period.
There is no internally consistent reason to dismiss it outright.
By that I mean all of the logic put forth as to why boob armor wouldn't work or is stupid is all wrong.

There is no reason to NOT have boob armor outside of them simply not liking it.

As a matter of fact, I would like to see a universe where some women have enchanted boob armor and some women have no boob armor and just have regular flat plate.
>>
>>82545916
This, basically. Any informative statement is better in a neutral tone than taking a side.
>>
>>82546149
>implying ignoring the problem is the answer

However in this context it might be. Women are evidently incapable of even the most basic combat. Both now (see gender statistics on military training) and in history (see all of known history).
Still though. Fantasy is fantasy. Backing down is essentially rewarding the behaviour.
>>
>>82546068

My bad. I wasn't talking about you. I'm just speaking in general.
>>
File: latest[1].png (2 MB, 2000x2000) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].png
2 MB, 2000x2000
>>82546344
>>
>>82546330
>>82546344

Boob armour is stupid, but so's combining robots. Not liking them because they're impractical is objective but it doesn't make you smarter for it. Plenty of people like those things and yet are well aware that they're impractical in real life. It all comes down to aesthetics and tastes in the end.
>>
File: 1461383508355.jpg (65 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1461383508355.jpg
65 KB, 600x600
>>82545816
>shittywebcomics is still around and still posting their shitty waifu.
>When everyone gives them shit in this thread they'll probably just post it on their circle jerk with the caption "cucks"
>>
>>82546566
Just makes me think she wants to get stabbed in the vagina.
>>
>>82546589
I'd stab her in the vagoo with a pork sword
>>
>>82546576
I literally don't know what you're talking about. It sounds fun though. Please explain it to me.
>>
File: 38831-1-1293718943.jpg (234 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
38831-1-1293718943.jpg
234 KB, 1280x1024
I can't really think of a good excuse to relate this to the thread, I just wanted to post some top quality boob armor.

Can we not just appreciate some metal tits?
>>
>>82546653
Post armored women getting stabbed, instead.
Just without enough guro to bother the mods.
That's my fetish
>>
>>82546533
They shouldn't exist in fantasy either.
>>
I just think that a girl in normal armor is hotter than "blood plate"
>>
>>82545880
>rape
What nonsense is this? It's a known phenomenon that it's not rape if it's an elf.
>>
File: 1328905740574.jpg (492 KB, 1000x1358) Image search: [Google]
1328905740574.jpg
492 KB, 1000x1358
>>82545816
>>82545827
>>82545832
>>82545850
The point brought up by serious opposition to shitty fantasy armor with obvious glaring weaknesses is mostly not the (relative) weakness to stab-attacks against the strongest part of the breast-plate. This is really only relevant with lances at which point you would likely have a fucking hussar at the other end of that lance and are in a world of trouble, anyway.
The problem is largely the pointlessness of it. Having ornamental parade armor that accentuates your features rather than turning you into a riding/walking tin can is just fine. It serves a purpose.
Making a chain bikini just defies the point of armor. If your character is a whore, you can make an argument there, but otherwise no.
No armor is cool, though.
Another point is retarded "gendered" armor, which mostly means midriff for the ladies, brick-house for gents. Both are retarded in their own unique ways.
Overburdened shoulders are obviously disabling you in a fight and leaving the stomach vulnerable is rather self-explanatory as far as flaws go.
Obviously magic armor can explain away a lot, but unless you are a fighting angel or a goddess, impractical armor will make you just stick out and lose you all respect of a fighting force.
Another thing that dirves /tg/ mad are plate-boots. Because they would be impossible to put on, let alone move around in. Not to mention the lack of padding.

One point to remember, though. Not everyone always has to wear thick armor. Armor is an adaption to the heightened probability of getting stabbed, slashed or otherwise harmed and always depends on resources and threat relative to weight of armor. Many fighting forces used little or no armor long after full plate armor was widely available, due to changes in the way wars were fought.
>>
>>82547194
Implying cool Armour isint bare bones basic with a touch of flair like a red sashe or heraldry/orniments, rank and file motherfuckers wearing real knight gear look intimidating and functional as fuck

Also we're not even talking about plate, mail, thick leather padding, chain and fur, woven metal panels, its all cool when you look at what people actually wore instead of Whore shit, or dude PALADRONS LMAO!
>>
File: WE_Legion_Terminator.jpg (459 KB, 667x1000) Image search: [Google]
WE_Legion_Terminator.jpg
459 KB, 667x1000
>>82547194
>Overburdened shoulders are obviously disabling you in a fight
Sure, if you're a fucking pussy.
>>
>>82546576
I thought shitty webcomics got deleted from tumblr and they never made a new blog?
>>
>>82546273
Do you believe it isn't?
>>
>>82545963
>Most fantasy armor is impractical. Armor that actually works looks boring, so people make it look cool for fiction.
Pleb detected
>oh look at me im dressed like a huge glowing faggot, am i not badass?
you look like shit, the armour is shit, and not effay or practical as fuck
For all the shitflinging darksouls has neeto armour that looks like it can take a hit and looks better than your whore mother on a monday night
>>
>>82545816

This whatever it is is rambling and crazy and I don't get what this guy is even trying to say.

It seems to just be some ranting screed about feminists?

If he wanted to say, "it's just fiction, it doesn't have to be realistic" he should have just stuck with that. I think that's the point he's trying to make and that is correct, but instead it immediately wanders off into some crazy ranting political bullshit which muddies the whole um "argument."
>>
>>82547392
They made a board on [8]chan to dick around on.
>>
>>82547342
I am not disagreeing with your at all.
Nor do I imply anything of the sorts you rant at me angrily.
>>
>>82546330
You're stupid.

>>82546315
Because of retarded SJWs and cucks like yourself.
>>
>>82545816
Anything can be posted to tumblr. It's no more a homogenous entity than 4chan is.
>>
>>82547342
"Muh realism" is not cool at all. It's faggy
>>
>>82545816
I wish MRAs didn't sound so hysterical and overly emotional all the time because there are a lot of ways men get fucked over but thanks to this shit no one takes them seriously
>>
>>82545850
>just like the wage gap or the patriarchy
So this is definitely a dude, right? I figured it could've been a chick before then, who saw the futility of arguing about something almost solely in fantasy, but no woman would ever agree that the wage gap and the patriarchy doesn't exist, even if she really didn't believe it did, for the sole reason that it's like selling out your entire gender
>>
>>82547706
>no woman would ever agree that the wage gap and the patriarchy doesn't exist,
You're mistaken. Christina Hoff Summers, Honey Badgers, a few e-celebs that received e-fame through gamergate...
>>
>>82547531
You're faggy
>hurr durr let me dress my boipussy in bright colours and huge fucking shoulders
>hurr durr im a huge fag please fuck my mouth
It doesnt have to be realistic it just has to now look retarded, practical armoour can look sexy as hell, fantasy armour is boring and samey, oh look the same 3 bikinis in diffret colours and strong huge guy Armour that looks stupid, swinging swords with no weight the size of a mini bus that may as well be paddle foam sticks.
>>
>>82547720
>le tumblr boogeyman meme

Look faggot shit like these images is embarrassing

Say fantasy is fantasy and pointing all the other ways fantasy is unrealistic makes a good point

Dissolving into crying about persecution and oppression doesn't and now you don't even make any sense and it's not clear what you're trying to say

Sorry we didn't hugbox your gay little pictures like you wanted
>>
>>82545840
>>82545852
are these the only other anons that fail to find any relation to a comic or cartoon

this topic is clearly /tg/ maybe even /k/. Hell, it applies to fucking /a/ and /v/ more than here

thanks a fucking lot jannies and mods
>>
File: ayy.png (131 KB, 500x425) Image search: [Google]
ayy.png
131 KB, 500x425
>>82545850
>PS elves are whores

This only needs stating under the assumption that the audience you are speaking to is not, already, aware of this. However, as it is a widely-accepted fact that it is NOT rape if it an elf, it does not need stating.

Thus, rendering your entire argument null and void.
>>
Tone, it's all about tone.
>>
>>82545850
>PS all elves are whores
well he's not wrong
>>
>>82547806
>it's a "tumblr goes into panic mode because they can't shut down the speech of others" episode
>>
>>82547762
>boipussy

stop talking like you're trying to pick up men in a gay bar
>>
>>82545827
anyone got the sause on the WW pic.
>>
>>82546251
Nah fucking bullshit.

Men complain when the portrayal of women gets warped by criticism like "oh she failed, she can't ever fail or it's sexism!".
Do you see dudes complaining that Spidey got beat down in Rami's SM or that Cap got rekt in WS?
No. But they do complain when someone shoehors something like the " i liek wat u doen gurl" in the Titania & Creel. Vs Femthor fight
>>
>>82547934
>artist actually says where they stole pictures from
>ZOMGSAUCE
>>
>>82547959
Didn't read tripe.
>>
>>82546315
It's a moronic Anon who wants to stick it to SJWs but doesn't want to put any effort into their argument.
>>
>>82547194
What's the point of dressing like a bat or having big pointy black things coming out of your mask?
What's the point of wearing yellow/pink/red/blue spandex or a raincoat + sunglasses
What's the point of walking around shirtless and with a headband?
What's the point of wearing a big yellow bat when you are all about stealth? What is the point of wearing a tiara? What's the point of wearing the douchiest popped v-neck ever?
What's the point of wearing a bright red and green outfit WITH NO PANTS?

Because it looks cool you mutt
>>
>>82547939
Actually yeah I did see complaints about that, but only here, 4chan is the only place where everything written is somehow misandry. It's just Mirror Universe tumblr with rule 63 paranoid delusions. I miss the days when lunatics were confined to asylums.
>>
>>82545816
Anything that claims feminists are wrong is something I'm willing to believe in just because of that.
>>
>>82547939
>Cap got rekt in WS
Bad example.
Cap was winning every time they fought. He only got beaten up when he stopped fighting back. That's not failure.
The movie actually made Bucky look like a bitch, now that I think about it.
>>
>>82548009
4chan isn't the "only place where everything is misandry"
It's one of the few places where you can actually complain about an abusive movement without being shut down, specially if you are a college aged male.
I realized that when they started a defamation campaign against a fellow student claiming all kinds or nasty shit about him (with zero evidence) as well as making claims about his political stances, and then asking for him to be expelled.
It's not misandry, it's just one more extremist branch of a political movement that attracts lunatics, it's no different than /pol/, the difference is /pol/ are a bunch of neckbearda who will never hold institutional power in their lives or even be taken seriously.
>>
>>82548058
True enough. Cap never loses though, so maybe a better example would be Tony since all he's done since IM2 is put his life deeper into a sinkhole.

>>82548060
It's no different in it's nature* but it is different in their reach and influence*
Eh
>>
if you are wearing boob plate and you fall on the ground chest first I can promise you a cracked sternum
>>
>>82548008
None of that counts as armor, they're all superheroes. This is why I don't care if Wonder Woman decides to show off her thighs or boobs (though one should ask why if she's weak to piercing)
>>
>>82546533
Female warriors existed, but it's stupid as fuck to have them fight 1)Men are stronger by default 2)And most important why would you allow future mothers and child-bearers to die pointlessly?
>>
>>82548114
Remember that time when Hulk fell down and got his sternum all fucked up?
Neither do I. So if Hulk wore it, would that be a viable complaint?

Further, do you remember the time Batman tripped on his own cape fell down a flight of stairs and broke his neck, or when Robin brushed his thigh on a rusty nail and died of tetanus?
>>
>>82545963

They use it against anything unrealistic in a fantasy setting.
>>
>>82548142
Remember when Nightwing snapped his neck on a rock?
>>
>>82545850
It's just an angry rant more than a convincing argument. I mean there's a good idea or two to work on in there but then they just move on to being angry at feminists instead of following up and doing anything with it.

However, I too think we need more fake erection armor. Many giant mecha manage this, why not comic book heroes.
>>
>>82548118
Batman and Robin are just dudes though.

And consider a dude went to WW2 with a bow and arrows. A man with a sniper rifle killed hundreds of russians on his own. A lady fell from a plane and lived. A guy fought a bear and managed to kill it, with no gear. A dude lost his hand and fought as a mercenary in the middle ages until he was 80. A guy made a tank out of a bulldozer.
Reality is unrealistic, and fiction is even more so.

It's dumb. Very very dumb. But it looks cool.
>>
>>82548139
Why wouldn't you? The world could use less of them.
We need artificial wombs, so all those worthless idiots could finally die.
>>
File: TxHJfDs.png (325 KB, 1280x768) Image search: [Google]
TxHJfDs.png
325 KB, 1280x768
>>82548174
>>
File: 20160507_104902.jpg (168 KB, 363x473) Image search: [Google]
20160507_104902.jpg
168 KB, 363x473
Don't mind me just posting from my phone and require sauce for this. Looking for it myself. If I find it I'll post it here.
>>
File: 187147-bait.jpg (220 KB, 3000x3000) Image search: [Google]
187147-bait.jpg
220 KB, 3000x3000
>>82548224
It's a big one
>>
>>82548257
>any opinion I disagree with is bait
Women are dumb subhumans. They only hinder intelligent society's growth.
>>
>>82548245
Carmessi
>>
>>82546045
> no way to tell

> only boobs plates can tell me if it's a man or woman

You've never seen a woman in real life have you? There's more to female anatomy than just her boobs. Usually a woman is definitely by her hips.
>>
File: 1461713933320.jpg (99 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1461713933320.jpg
99 KB, 1280x720
>>82548273
Okay.

So what is your tumblr so I can follow more dank posts?
>>
>>82545816
I don't like boob plate
Because it makes me jealous of things Ill never have. You have no idea how frustrating seeing all these beautiful women is.
>>
>>82548304
That is prejudice against twinks.
>>
File: Horror Batman.jpg (11 KB, 300x229) Image search: [Google]
Horror Batman.jpg
11 KB, 300x229
>>82548174
Yesssss.
>>
>>82548328
Stuff your bra.

If you are a man, buy a bra and stuff it.
>>
File: 1444268050713.jpg (173 KB, 640x1080) Image search: [Google]
1444268050713.jpg
173 KB, 640x1080
>>82545850
So basically it's saying, "It's unrealistic. Here's why it's unrealistic. You're right to say it's unrealistic. BUT HURR IT'S NOT REAL ANYWAY PRFFFFT LOOK AT MY ANIME REACTION IMAGE".

Nothing about these series of images are helpful or useful to anyone. It's just an excuse to pat yourself on the back. I'm not so easily swayed by such masturbatory pandering.
>>
>>82548312
Nice try, nigger.
I don't use social media.
>>
File: 1462633088291-1330478.jpg (203 KB, 732x1050) Image search: [Google]
1462633088291-1330478.jpg
203 KB, 732x1050
>>82548277
Yeah I just noticed the name after I uploaded the crop. Thanks.
>>
Wouldn't boob cups actually INCREASE your defense, since curved surfaces more easily deflect light and/or glancing blows?
>>
>>82548357
The purpose of the image set is to make you aware that fiction is fiction, and to stop getting butthurt by something that isn't real.

Which is the opposite of what you're doing right now.
>>
>>82548142
if you gonna argue like that you might as well say that heroes shouldnt wear anything and just rely on plot armour.
>>
>>82548408
The best defense is being naked for more mobility

t. Namor
>>
File: 1462363040293.gif (471 KB, 343x265) Image search: [Google]
1462363040293.gif
471 KB, 343x265
>>82548420
>The purpose of the image set is to make you aware that fiction is fiction
We all know fiction is fiction. That's not an automatic out to poor design, especially ones that are actually commonly defended with "Here's my female character looking empowering I'm Aaron Diaz look at me".
>>
>>82548461
>We all know fiction is fiction.
Untrue.
>>
>>82548471
Yes, christians exist.
>>
>>82548452
>muh plot armor
Look bro, people complaining about say anime, where many heroes wear basically plain clothes and rely more on superpowers than any gadgets...
People complaining about comics, were many heroes have super durability or just move too fast to care...
People complain about fantasy medieval age, where wizards can pop up portals and warriors can keep kicking ass despite the axe stuck on the head...
What is the fucking point?

You are trying to apply realism to fictional settings.
That is fine if you are dealing with a realistic fictional setting or if you are making your own, but why meddle in shit that doesn't appeal to your taste in the first place?
And why only apply realism selectively, in this case, based on political opinions?

Not everyone wants to play/read/watch about realistic settings, so you keep yours and let the other people have theirs, how about that?
It would be cool right?
Fucking ace
>>
>>82548139
>Female warriors existed
As spectacles and usually in tertiary roles. They are worth very little on the field relative to the investment required to have them meet any sort of standard.
>>
>>82547194
>Having ornamental parade armor that accentuates your features rather than turning you into a riding/walking tin can is just fine. It serves a purpose.
IRL armour always imitated current fashion trends, Anon.

>Another point is retarded "gendered" armor, which mostly means midriff for the ladies, brick-house for gents
IRL armour was always gendered. It followed trends in male fashion closely.

>>82547731
>Christina Hoff Summers, Honey Badgers
Sommers is a thinktank talking head and the Honey Badgers have at least one member who's stark raving mad that the gubermnimt didn't take her kids away when she got a job that would allow her to feed and clothe them. Something she only did after their father had consistently refused to pick up the slack for years. She apparently also posts a lot about how she'd like to kill people with a crossbow.
>>
>>82548574
See
>>82548573

The world.
It would be a better place if everyone just let each other enjoy their own toys instead of being anal about shit they dislike.
>>
>>82548608
No actually. I already made that disclaimer. In fact, I said that using realism as an excuse to back out and let people censure your entertainment is stupid.
The discussion on realism from those comments is what you're seeing. Not the implication that it should factor into whether tit armour is okay.
>>
>>82547706
>implying very intimately that they do
>in spite of research showing that they don't
Feel free to continue to express yourself on tumblr.
>>
>>82548597
How does the pay gap persist despite being illegal?

Sure if you take the average of everything without accounting for important difference.

Isn't it simply more likely that the statistics showing women being minorities in the majors that lead to higher salaries do in fact mean women end up in lower paying jobs, instead of them ending in the same jobs and getting lower pay?

I mean the women in the same major as I receive the same for the same job, but the girls doing history end up as teachers on minimum wage. And for some reason the history major is a majority of women
>>
All women should just be killed and turned into food for hungry kids. That would solve all problems.
>>
>>82545827
I personally don't care if boob armor is used I just find it dumb from a logistical standpoint, if you're upfront about it being your fetish or you can find a in universe explanation for it it's fine.
>>
>>82548773
It doesn't exist. The current data perfectly explains why women make less.
It's due to picking shittier but easier jobs. Not taking the reigns and getting promoted. Not getting more training and education and not having as much experience as men due to, among other things, maternity and such.

This is completely just. Every reason for the 'disparity' is down to personal choices. In fact, besides maternity, they are all choices men can and do make. The only difference is fewer men share that preference while others strive for more.

Fuck the pay myth and how dare people use misinformation and hurt feelings to get a pay rise they don't deserve.
>>
File: lanternshieldfront1.jpg (78 KB, 848x636) Image search: [Google]
lanternshieldfront1.jpg
78 KB, 848x636
>>82548211
Don't forget the dude charging nazis with a fucking claymore. he survived
>>
File: 1389836077732.jpg (217 KB, 1605x1056) Image search: [Google]
1389836077732.jpg
217 KB, 1605x1056
>>
>>82545827
>a modern invention
silly fantasy armors were always a thing.
>>
>>82548211
>A man with a sniper rifle killed hundreds of russians on his own
How's it like, falling for a dumb Finnish fairytale?
>>
>>82545832
>extra ornamental
b-but how else i could fit my gigantic genitals in there?
>>
File: smashing stache.jpg (58 KB, 600x747) Image search: [Google]
smashing stache.jpg
58 KB, 600x747
>>82549457
Codpieces aren't necessarily ornamental. Maybe he just meant that example.
>>
>>82549610

Smashing, Poppet!
>>
File: 1455506932533.jpg (35 KB, 625x450) Image search: [Google]
1455506932533.jpg
35 KB, 625x450
Are we posting armors?
>>
>>82545816
These arguments about costumes and armor are always dumb.
There's no one "right" style of dress. Everything depends on CONTEXT and TONE.
Is the character a magic user? Do they depend more on strength, or agility? Do they live in a hot climate? etc.
>>
>>82548817
And all men should have their eyes poked out, tongues cut off, penises removed, hands severed and be hoisted upside down by their feet, shot and spun around so their blood can decorate the room.
>>
>>82550114
If we did that to all women too I'd be down for it.

It'd be enough blood to finally summon the Blood God
>>
>>82549313
saved
>>
File: 1407608601468.jpg (483 KB, 1600x1049) Image search: [Google]
1407608601468.jpg
483 KB, 1600x1049
>>82549986
Why not?
I wish more works used eastern european/russian aesthetics when it comes to fantasy/medieval settings.
I really enjoyed Fables' stories taking place in the Rus (the gorgeous art helped of course)
Maximillian armour, sallets and maille is fine and dandy but I can see why people start thinking that realistic armour is boring, even if that's a load of horseshit.
>>
>>82550040
This to the max
>>
>>82548224
>>82548273
>>82548363
>MOOOM DIDN'T GET MY PS4 LIKE I ASKED WAAAAAAAAAAAH
>>
I don't really give a shit about what this is trying to say, just post more Carmessi.
>>
>>82545816
Actual boob armour made of plate mail would
>>
File: African_throwing_knives2.jpg (644 KB, 2500x1810) Image search: [Google]
African_throwing_knives2.jpg
644 KB, 2500x1810
>realism
Reality can look pants on head retarded.
>>
Fuck Tenk and fuck SWC for getting political just to act trolley or whatever.
>>
>>82550514
>African
Of course it's retarded. You gotta consider the source.
>>
>>82550672
I've seen that coming.

>>82549266
>>
>>82549266
I can imagine someone stabbing their eye out with that.
>>
File: gender-gap-feature.jpg (98 KB, 580x640) Image search: [Google]
gender-gap-feature.jpg
98 KB, 580x640
>>82548960
>Fuck the pay myth and how dare people use misinformation and hurt feelings to get a pay rise they don't deserve.

That study was absolutely terrible in both design and scope.
>>
>>82549313
>You're just begging to have your femoral artery severed!

Well I'm sure Achilles would have appreciated the input.
>>
>>82550781
>that
>singular
>implying you can even read statistics that aren't in infographs
Fuck off man. You want credibility explain your image in detail. I'd bet you don't even know what it is you're looking at.
>>
>>82550831
It more sounds like you're asking someone to hold your hand and explain the chart to you.

The percentages show the percent a woman earns on average compared to a man. Insurance sale agents is at 62.5%; for every dollar a man earns, a woman earns 62.5 cents on average. And so on.
>>
>>82548304
if you´re not one of those models with huge hips there´´s no way tyou can notice the gender of a person inside an armour
>>
File: bayonetta-1051730.jpg (55 KB, 910x509) Image search: [Google]
bayonetta-1051730.jpg
55 KB, 910x509
>Muh boob armor

The only reason people even argue over this is because people don't understand design choices.

Boob armor exists because men like tits. That's it. That's the only reason.

It's a design choice to make a female character more appealing sexually.

When you run around stumbling like some dumb cuck cunt to explain it with "b-but it's magic" or "w-w-whats realistic anyway" you just sound like a blubbering retard. Just own up to the fact that you like tits. It's not that hard.
>>
>>82550892
Is that average per year, per cheque. Has it controlled for longer employment at a company, has it controlled for overtime. Is it scaled accurately per hour or was that assumed. Does it account for variance in company and economic area. Has it been transformed at any stage or is it purely descriptives of raw scores.
You don't know shit, faggot. You're just looking at some prettily coloured lines and talking shit to me.
>>
>>82550913
>because people don't understand design choices.
No they understand. They just don't like it.
>>
File: greenwich.jpg (1 MB, 1143x1586) Image search: [Google]
greenwich.jpg
1 MB, 1143x1586
The only time I got paid more than my female colleagues was when we weren't doing the same job.
And they never had to do heavy lifting. Never.
>>
>>82548139
>Men are stronger by default

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Xv0ipVVEN8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cOVj1oP3LY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EiiU1-VORZA
>>
File: 1411104998072.jpg (18 KB, 704x348) Image search: [Google]
1411104998072.jpg
18 KB, 704x348
I used to like coming to this board. I really did.
>>
>>82548304
Ass man detected.
>>
File: [caring diminishes].gif (398 KB, 427x555) Image search: [Google]
[caring diminishes].gif
398 KB, 427x555
>this guy again
>>
File: KiinaandMataNui_byLadyK.png (1 MB, 800x1115) Image search: [Google]
KiinaandMataNui_byLadyK.png
1 MB, 800x1115
oh man you guys would hate my fantasy settings. Pretty much no one is fully armored.
>>
>>82551178
>Egyptian-themed armor
WE
>>
File: Knight-chan.jpg (76 KB, 640x854) Image search: [Google]
Knight-chan.jpg
76 KB, 640x854
>>82546653
Non-boob armour girls can be top quality too.
Yeah, I know, "found a chink in the armour", you're so clever
>>
so what happened to the badwebcomics tumblr
>>
File: Tommy Jason What Now.gif (428 KB, 200x183) Image search: [Google]
Tommy Jason What Now.gif
428 KB, 200x183
>>82551022
I'm actually enjoying reading the petty bickering started by whether or not armor is anatomically correct.
>>
>>82551178
>POC fantasy
No one will care.
Have fun enjoying the approval of tumblr cunts who won't support yer shit.
>>
>>82551178
Just play Nyambe.
>>
>>82547511
Glad to see you have the argumentation of 12 years old fuck
>>
File: 1396333101576.gif (980 KB, 450x253) Image search: [Google]
1396333101576.gif
980 KB, 450x253
>mfw always was a MUH REALISM fag
>mfw neckbeard call me a feminazi now instead of AUTISM
>>
>>82551233
You read a /tg/ thread about katanas someday.
>>
>>82551233
I don't. It means dumb forces are winning.
>>
>>82551293
>dead meme gif
>implying you were 'always' anything
>>
>>82551199
>you're so crever
>>
>>82551293
>tfw other women don't realize realism in fiction destroys the whimsical feeling they have
Get out.
>>
>>82551353
Stopping being so racist, prease!
>>
File: 1396253921307.gif (548 KB, 245x176) Image search: [Google]
1396253921307.gif
548 KB, 245x176
>>82551351
Nah, I used to be a hardcore IF I WANTED TO JACK OFF I'D WATCH/PLAY PORN kind of guy and bitch about metal bikinis and JRPGs n' shit.
Fortunately, I grew out of it.
>>
>>82547706
Virgin detected

Most of the girls I associate with think that "the patriarchy" is a retarded concept. Go outside
>>
>>82551199
das kawaii as fuck yo.
>>
>>82550672
Most of those are throwing knives - and accuracy didn't matter much so long as you landed a hit. Infections and lack of armor.

I doubt they were brilliant - more likely just functional.
>>
>>82551293
I know that feel.
>>
>>82551431
How?
All Asians are creepy as fuck. They don't look human at all.
>>
>>82550514
Do you see those warriors from Hammerfell? They've got curved swords.
Curved.
Swords.
>>
>>82551380
hahaha
>>
File: -Asuka.jpg (49 KB, 410x417) Image search: [Google]
-Asuka.jpg
49 KB, 410x417
>Armor used to have ornaments ON it so its okay to make the entire point of the armor one big ornament
>Also its not real so who cares? Feminism is dumb I swear

This reeks of goobercrocodile tears
>>
>>82550953
>Is that average per year
Over the course of 2012, that's why there's "(2012)" on top.
>>
>>82551432
I just wanted to be racist without mods banning me for calling people niggers
>>
>>82548484
Don't divert focus dude.
>>
File: 0072-1396253019558.gif (489 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
0072-1396253019558.gif
489 KB, 500x281
>>82551451
Oh, /co/, why you always so tsundere?
>>
File: Go Lewder.gif (1 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
Go Lewder.gif
1 MB, 640x360
>>82551457
Why don't you conjure me up a warm bed. I'd be a lot happier and a lot warmer with a belly full of mead.
>>
>>82551380
>whimsical feeling
Whimsy is for faggots, everything must be REAL and ACCURATE and BADASS as much possible.
That's why Souls series is the best ever and color is for faggots and queers.
>>
>>82551192
ARE THE CRYSTAL GEMS
>>
>>82551192
Technically they had the first armor and army in history, as well as the first recorded battle fought ever. They were Sub-Saharan Africans though.
>>
>>82551669
>WEREN'T
kek
>>
>>82546251
It's funny that that's what you got from that image, but let's be honest, it's mostly women, guys tend not to care about women's fiction that caters to them, see every romance movie ever.
>>
File: 1387954345060.gif (244 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1387954345060.gif
244 KB, 320x240
>>82551719
No, it's also nuBetas, progressive men who want to make a difference and promote social justice by fighting racist outdated dangerous oppressive patriarchal sexist homophobic transphobic superstitions.
>>
>>82548304
Form fititing plate armor that accentuates a woman's virtues with the notable acception of not having boob plate is a fucking fantasy invention that exists fucking nowhere accept 2D or in those stupid as shit larp conventions where retarded broads pretend that their playing around in their hand built toy armor = real world usefulness.
>>
>>82551259
Medevial European fantasy is one of my pet peeves actually.
I try to base my fantasy on other cultures like Polynesia, Mesoamerica, SE Asia, ancient Persia, etc.

Not because I want "progressive brownie points", but because they have some cool aesthetics that are underutilized. Europe is so overdone and I wanna mix things up a bit.
>>
>>82546248
Well the entire concept of female armor is mostly fiction, never really was a thing.
A "practical" fictitious armor vs an "unpractical" fictitious armor that will only ever exist in fiction, is frankly a pointless debate.
The only thing that matter is what serves the story or character better, or the creator's aesthetic preferences, which really trumps everything else.
>>
File: 1420699588729.gif (2 MB, 313x231) Image search: [Google]
1420699588729.gif
2 MB, 313x231
>It's an Aesthetics vs Realism thread
I get the point the OP image is trying to make. It's a pretty simple point. There's so much unrealistic stuff in fictional stories, why bother drawing a line at all? Once the writer creates the rules and laws of the universe, that's it.

If you don't like a boob plate, say you think it's sexist, objectifying, or how you don't like the look of it, or that it detracts from your ability to enjoy the story because 'Ewww sexuality!'. But stop complaining about how "flawed and unrealistic" it is.
>>
>>82551836
Just have a gigantic Fantasy Race War.
>>
>>82551836

>cool aesthetics that are underutilized. Europe is so overdone and I wanna mix things up a bit.
>tfw this is the reason I'm so sjw about things

it's so boring reading about straight cis white dudes all the time.
>>
Last night when I was leaving the the supermarket there was a pair of ducks that, for some reason, started following me. Both about the same size, one male, one female. I could tell which one was male because he had the bright green head, while the female was a drab uniform brown.
And that seems to be the kind of sexual dimorphism that people want in their fantasy works. Males can be peacocks, bright and flashy and memorable and instantly recognizable, while females need to be fully camouflaged peahens, just kind of boring, but there and if you see a picture you might not even know what they are at first glance.

And that's an okay stance to have, but then you shouldn't also wonder why Captain America and Iron Man get movies and toys fly off the shelves while "generic girl in a black jumpsuit #4617" gets neither.
>>
>>82551859
ART MUST HAVE A SOCIAL CONSCIOUSNESS
ART MUST HAVE A HIGHER PRUPOSE
ART MUST SERVE THE GREATER GOOD
>>
File: Warlord Advertisement 01.jpg (709 KB, 1600x1223) Image search: [Google]
Warlord Advertisement 01.jpg
709 KB, 1600x1223
>>82551178
I have yet to read Warlord by Mike Grell.
Grell seems to be infamous for his beefcake and cheesecake.
>>
File: landsknecht.jpg (306 KB, 1525x1075) Image search: [Google]
landsknecht.jpg
306 KB, 1525x1075
>>
File: What.jpg (113 KB, 549x188) Image search: [Google]
What.jpg
113 KB, 549x188
>>82545816
So, are we just regurgitating /tg/s memes and arguments now because it was posted on Tumblr? Is this what we do now, instead of talking about comics and cartoons we talk about Tumblr posts that have nothing related to our board in the slightest?

Honestly, if this thread was posted on /tg/ I'm sure as hell it would be a much better discussion with actual history of armor throughout the ages and culture.
>>
File: This aren't my pants.jpg (22 KB, 142x160) Image search: [Google]
This aren't my pants.jpg
22 KB, 142x160
>>82550514
>be strong african warrior
>fight another strong african warrior
>it's really sunny and hot
>hands all sweaty from battle
>weapon slips from hand accidentaly slap the hand of the other warrior
>our weapons go flying
>both armies decimated
>>
File: art.jpg (3 MB, 4452x2748) Image search: [Google]
art.jpg
3 MB, 4452x2748
>>82551950
What about abstract art?
>>
>>82551992
Blacks don't sweat you ignorant shitlord.
>>
>>82551971
>>
>>82552017
Post an example.
>>
File: Warlord Remco Toys.jpg (243 KB, 585x903) Image search: [Google]
Warlord Remco Toys.jpg
243 KB, 585x903
>>82552026
>>
>>82552017
The ultimate form of elitist bourgeois masturbation.
Shoot all the art critics.
>>
>>82551973
>impractical, but highly skilled and well paid
Thank you for posting that.
>>
>>82550781
>Jobs where the gender gap is smallest
>Security guards, etc.
What the fuck is the "etc" because I have never seen a female security guard.
>>
File: more art.jpg (253 KB, 800x585) Image search: [Google]
more art.jpg
253 KB, 800x585
>>82552031
okay
>>
File: 1395438395152.gif (1 MB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
1395438395152.gif
1 MB, 480x480
>>82552017
>rich old jews call it art, so I guess it must be art
>>
>>82552077
Don't keep me waiting.
>>
>>82551950
I'm a "artist" myself. I used quotes because I'm still learning how to draw.

And I don't like NTR. I don't like gore, and I don't like depressing stories. I don't like stories about racism, or slice of life shit.

But if an artist decides to draw this stuff, I will defend to the death their right to draw it. Artists learn how to draw so they can draw what they want. What nobody else will draw. And I can appreciate and respect that as someone else who knows how hard it is to git gud at drawing. And that's why I hate when fans strong arm artists and creators into changing their works.
>>
>>82550781
The one's where the gap is the largest are in fields where hours worked, risks taken and initiative are all huge factors, no surprise there, behavior of the individual are key.
The opposite is true of the ones with little to no gap, safer, set jobs with set hours, once again no surprise there.
But let's all just pretend that it's discrimination and not the choice of the individual.
>>
>>82545850
>>82545841
>>82545832
>>82545827
Is this supposed to be a "refutal" because it's absolutely fucking nothing at all
>>
>>82552083
Poklonskaya a Cute! Cute!~
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1h-q-q9Y-A
>>
>>82552075
I have.

They've all weighed over 300 lbs and all three were talking to their friends on their cellphones while "working".
>>
File: even more art.jpg (268 KB, 1095x781) Image search: [Google]
even more art.jpg
268 KB, 1095x781
>>82552101
kek
>>
>>82552114
Then never post it online.
We are social animals, we share what we create and the creation must serve to enhance the good, the beautiful, the true.
We all instinctively realize this.

Don't be surprised when you are called out on your lone degeneracy and masturbatory contrarianism.
>>
>>82545963
Nigga, working armor looks good I think. Less = More.
>>
>>82551821
I was thinking about mentioning submissive betas, desperate for the approval of women and to show how enlightened they are but they are irrelevant, men don't care what they say nor respect them and frankly neither do women.
>>
>>82551991
I guess they could try talking about Warlord. But honestly, most of them have never heard of Warlord by Mike Grell. To be fair, I haven't read it either.
>>
File: 290PFRe.gif (2 MB, 467x721) Image search: [Google]
290PFRe.gif
2 MB, 467x721
>>82552114
>artists have rights
>MUH free speech
Yer cute, deluded but cute.
>>
>>82550781
it says it on the fucking image dude. Just read it.
What's the second word? Sound it out. Yell it as loud as you can until you get what it means and why they had to use that word.
>>
>>82552114
>I will defend to the death
What, yer gonna shitpost nonstop until you die like the Starcraft chinks?
>>
>>82552270
not him but
>implying you won't do the same.
>>
>>82552200
>>82552243
>>82552270
Someone out there likes it. Or can look past the breast armor to just enjoy the story or appreciate. Think about how many people are fans of Shadbase's art, or how many people like Korra.

Outside of /co/ that is. The majority of /co/ don't like Shad's work, or Korra.
>>
>>82552208
>they are irrelevant
Nah, they are in the media, particulary net based new ndeia.
They are the force behind pushing the liberal agenda among new generations.
These betas become the new writers for magazines, TV, and movies, not tumblr whales.
>>
>>82552294
Shad isn't so bad, the ones where the girls don't look like crack whores are perfectly fine.
>>
>>82552288
I'd definitely take breaks and get bored after a few hours.
>>
>>82552355
Bullshit you faggot I can see through your lies.
>>
>>82552334
>not liking crack whores
>>
>>82552312
>These betas become the new writers for magazines, TV, and movies
I'm genuinely scared.
>>
In real life it's good for women to wear sexualized clothing because it's empowering, but for fictional women to do so is demeaning and catering only to men.
>>
>>82551991
>we
It's one guy, probably the one the tumblr in question belongs to.
>>
File: 1461214869552.jpg (423 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1461214869552.jpg
423 KB, 1920x1080
>>82546149
What counts as gothic? Castlevania doesn't?
>>
>>82546149
Souls and FFXIV solved the problem by equally giving everyone boob windows and dresses didn't they?
>>
>>82552493
Assuming you're not baiting
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gothic_%28video_game%29
>>
>>82545963
>Armor that actually works looks boring
I see you've never played Dark Souls
>>
>>82552537
Or looked at reality.
>>
>>82552533
sorry. Stuff like that probably happens a lot for vague as fuck titles like that.
>>
>>82552579
I meant no offense, just tried to be cautious.
>>
>>82552564
These days it's more common to play Dark Souls than to look at real pieces of armour, but yeah that too
>>
File: This shit is hype as fuck.jpg (29 KB, 410x446) Image search: [Google]
This shit is hype as fuck.jpg
29 KB, 410x446
>>82552537
>>
i ain't care about practicality but boob plate makes characters look like those fake videogame characters you see on the boxes for GPUs

fuck you. try harder. even sexualized designs should still look stylish and cool.
>>
File: steaming pile.jpg (26 KB, 425x547) Image search: [Google]
steaming pile.jpg
26 KB, 425x547
Fucking armour makers forcing their fetishes into everything.
>>
File: 1414318818760.jpg (142 KB, 686x1024) Image search: [Google]
1414318818760.jpg
142 KB, 686x1024
>>82552063
Being fancy isn't impractical!
>>
>>82551950
American art hasn't been art since the us government stepped in and pushed certain art styles to manipulate the narrative and consciousness of the average american towards certain ideals and ways of thinking.

The modern abomination that people hold up as the artistic is a total farce. A memetic poison that has destroyed all hope and true unfettered creation all deep true reason.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 116

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.