[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Were the first few pages of Homestuck the last time John made
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 161
File: 00001.gif (85 KB, 650x450) Image search: [Google]
00001.gif
85 KB, 650x450
Were the first few pages of Homestuck the last time John made any choices himself?
>>
ZOOSMELL POOPLORD
>>
You might say he was only free before he entered the game and assigned an aspect :^)
>>
>>82012948
I'm just mocking those white knights from earlier who literally said to go to /r9k/. As if those losers aren't full of white knights as well.
>>
>>82012871
But the "actual fighting" accomplished nothing. It was all for show. LE is invulnerable, remember?
Admittedly, the black hole was Alt Calliope's doing. Should've mentioned that.

...Thinking about it, why did Calliope and Vriska never interact? Vriska is as bad as Caliborn in terms of sheer nastiness and in Vriska's eyes Calliope would be more of a useless pushover than Tavros.
Actually maybe it'd have brought to light how surreal and weird the whole "Vriska is a dick to everyone, fixes everything, no one says a thing" situation was. Fucking hell, Hussie.
>>
>>82012872
Of course, that's when the main plot thread unpauses again and you realize what you've been waiting for is not very well put together.
>>
Condesce/DD would have been an interesting ship
>>
>>82012947
>>82013001
never. first we told him what to do, then wv, then rose/terezi/rose/vriska/terezi/vriska
>>
File: This Is Stupid.gif (92 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
This Is Stupid.gif
92 KB, 500x500
>John just wanted to play video games and watch Con Air and Ghostbusters 2 with his dad
>>
You don't need to call us HSG, you don't need to call us HST, but goddamn it OP at least have the decency to put "Homestuck" in the title somewhere.
>>
>>82013036
>"Vriska is a dick to everyone, fixes everything, no one says a thing"
When I was reading that I actually thought it was about to be revealed she was mind controlling them or it was some kind of dream or something, just because of how uselessly subordinate everyone was in direct conflict with their personalities. I think the part where John interrupts her speech to thank her for being so great is where I knew 100% for sure it was some sort of ruse
Except it wasn't apparently
>>
>There's a world where homestuck stayed reader-driven, and john gaining retcon powers (in his own session mind you) allowed him to break free from the narrative prompts to beat bec noir
>>
>>82013086
John wanted nothing to do with his dad, he was a petulant teen through and through before the game.
>>
>that time rose stabbed her mom with knitting needles
>>
>>82013117
Homestuck was barely reader-driven to begin with. Everything was pre-ordained, the commands just gave Hussie joke material.

Which isn't a bad thing, of course, just people really seem to overstate how much influence the readers had.
>>
>>82013150
yeah I get that, andrew said he just picked the ones that fit his narrative until he got bored and removed them altogether.

if he kept them for joke fodder and kept the story short like PS, it could have been a really cool twist for the narrative prompt to crack like when it got sanded over with WV's story
>>
>>82012888
I actually just saw Collide+Act 7, even though I lack the background information. As far as I remember, Dave was set up to be the guy to face English, and he was supposed to be killed via exploiting glitches in spacetime. Like QPU misalignment or something. But the way it looks like, there's a whole bunch of plot threads like that that never go anywhere.
>>
>>82013089
But it is in the OP dude
>>
>>82013100
Holy shit, yeah. Remember how completely /off/ everything felt back then? Tumblr was weirded out, HSG was weirded out, MSPAF was weirded out. The characters all acted weird and submissive for no reason, we all thought it was some of Vriska's fanfiction or something. It felt like a fever dream but then it turned out to be completely real.
The way Tavrosprite and Terezi were licking Vriska's boots from that point to the very end still makes me want to barf.
>>
So liveblogger confirmed ruseman?
>>
>>82013182
There were a lot of little things Hussie could have done at pretty much any point of the narrative that could have lead to a more satisfying, interesting story and conclusion. Unfortunately Andrew "If It Gets A Hiatus I'll Make It Outrageous" Hussie lost interest.

But it's neither here nor there.
>>
>>82013286
Speculated since he started but I just ended up ignoring it.
>>
>>82013100
I think the weirdest part about it was that less than 24 hours ago from his perspective John just said he hated her.
>>
>>82013286
They spilled the beans by saying they knew Karkat ruined the troll session, which isn't revealed in 5.1. When the thread jumped on this, they stopped posting.
>>
>>82013100
>>82013208
My willingness to read Act 6 is plummeting.
Holy shit, I wish I had been around for that, the shitstorm must've been immense.
>>
>>82013286
silence for the last half-hour or so. Probably.

Honestly, I didn't really care, having someone posting old pieces of the comic actually incited discussion which was nice in its own right.
>>
>>82013208
>The way Tavrosprite and Terezi were licking Vriska's boots

Because this is a new development?
>>
>>82013338
Honestly, I don't think the fandom was alive enough to even have a shitstorm at that point. We were just a bunch of janitors sighing as we picked up yet another turd somebody left in a urinal, waiting and hoping for our paycheck.
>>
>>82013286
It's worth noting they appeared shortly after someone mentioned re-reading the comic and reacting to it as if it was all new.
>>
>>82013338
It was less of a shitstorm than a state of widespread disbelief and the vague hope that Hussie was just playing tricks on us.
>We might go back to the GO cast at any moment now!
>We'll find out Vriska/Aranea is mind controlling them all any moment now!
>Characters are going to notice and call Vriska out on her bullshit any moment now!
>Any moment now! Any moment now...
But it never happened.

The shitstorm happened with Act 7. It was a culmination of many, many things similar to the Vriska Fever Dream happening, and the sweeping realization that there would be no twists, no answers, no explanations, nothing. That is, until Hussie makes that epilogue, in however many months he wants.
>>
File: 1449252675810.gif (54 KB, 650x650) Image search: [Google]
1449252675810.gif
54 KB, 650x650
>>82013413
>Terezi "Throw A Spider Bitch Into A Spider Ditch" Pyrope
>ever licking Vriska's boots
>>
>>82013581
am I the only one who disliked the act 5 act 2 black background panels?

they seem so out of place, like the alchemy binge panels that have completely white backgrounds and odd aspect ratios out of nowhere
>>
>>82013413
What comic have you been reading where Act 5 Terezi wouldn't bring back her dead friends if Vriska told her not to?
Also, (Tavros) confronted Vriska in Wake, spent some time away from (Vriska) and grew a spine.
Tavrosprite also confronted Vriska in Wake, also spent some time away from Vriska, and then she brought him back to life and he started being this completely OOC "yes, you're right about everything" parody of himself.
>>
That's not good enough for people who use filters.
>>
>>82013646
Same, actually! Act 5, Act 6's intermissions, hell, everything on the meteor. It seemed like Hussie wanted an excuse to draw a flat grey ground and a blank black background for pages and pages on end. Felt really lazy. (And then Fast and Loose hit...)
>>
>>82013370
Yeah because all that discussion about how fat Vriska was and how "oh so awful" the shipping pages were was interesting.
>>
>>82013471
>>82013570
So HSG just grew weaker and eventually fizzled out, pause after pause? No surprise, but it's sad to see it finally end like this.
Should've just kept this place a more or less fond and distant memory.

Is grant still alive?
>>
ok someone explain WHAT EXACTLY IS THE EXTENT OF VRISKA'S MIND CONTROL
>>
>>82013769
was grant the guy with bare walls?
>>
>>82013769
A bunch of the old regulars came back for the final flashes, grant included.
>>
>>82013769
he mains serketchan
he came back here for the ending and was literally condemned by the whole thread for being 'misogynistic' it was kind of sad
>>
>>82013769
That anon who made the creepy Kanaya waifudoll moved on to Steven Universe and made a creepy Pearl waifudoll.
>>
Why the hell did redwood read homestuck anyway

not wanting to contribute to the HSG circlejerk as I've only been here since 2013 but it's always bothered me
>>
File: 1414970811078.png (852 KB, 995x835) Image search: [Google]
1414970811078.png
852 KB, 995x835
Does Roxy still have the spare dirksword? Cause Dirk's is broken now and there's still a giant green skullmonster on the other side of the door they went through.
>>
>>82013810
She can control trolls who are "impressiona8le", according to her, and put any human to sleep. She was able to put John to sleep across universe thanks to her luck powers.
Psychic powers sometimes block her mindcontrol (e.g. Aradia, or Sollux half the time).
I think blood color was mentioned once but really I'm not sure. It might just be completely fanon.
>>
>>82013935
Is there?
>>
>>82013935
There's no green skullmonster on the other side of the door. It's just the new universe.
>>
>>82013935
>Caliborn became his OC donut steel
What an inspiration.
>>
Liveblogger update
>Alright I got shit to do

>I’ll wrap up later

From 57 minutes ago.
>>
>>82013935
i FUCKING LOVE LORD ENGLISH
>>
>>82013810
>>82013972
Yeah it's not clear, the fact that she never mindcontrols anyone above her caste and Mindfang's journal seems to imply that lowbloods are easier but not 100% guaranteed. Like she dominated Tavros who's a wimpy pushover, but she only ever made Karkat slap himself which he was totally conscious of rather than in a haze like Tavros. Now whether she could have done more to Karkat is something entirely different.
>>
>>82013935
>tfw this happens and the "epilogue" is still part of the climax, like the "intermissions" were the actual story going on
>>
>>82013935
She may or may not have left the katana where it was. The way she unwrapped her mask from it might suggest she did, but then again it's not like Hussie drew that panel or anything.
>>
>>82014129
but she mind controled eridan ampora and chronus ampora. albeit they were dead, but still.
>>
>>82013843
>>82013863
>>82013896
What's Serketchan? Google doesn't really help.
>>
>>82014129
>never mindcontrols anyone above her caste
Amporas were mind-controlled in droves.
>>82014153
That was her MASK on that? Fuck I am dumb as shit
>>
File: 1356584300955.jpg (292 KB, 1300x861) Image search: [Google]
1356584300955.jpg
292 KB, 1300x861
>>82013910
speaking of red, I only just now realized that this was him. had it saved for years and never even cared
>>
It feels so good having a working full offline archive of the entirety of MSPA.
>>
>>82014184
Well, so much for that. My act 6 knowledge is a bit limited because I forgot everything on purpose.

To be fair though Eridan's a fucking wimp so maybe he's an exception.
>>
>>82014233
Give it
>>
>>82014190
Use your head. What's the whole motif the Serkets have?
>>
>>82014184
>>82014196
>>82014236
(Vriska) said Aranea was doing most of the mind control work during these parts.
>>
>>82014233
did you email that one guy that with the archive?
>>
>>82014233
You should share it before Hussie deletes everything in his obligatory artistic panic attack.
>>
>>82014358
>we didn't take enough selfies
>>
File: 1376494713692.png (3 KB, 203x210) Image search: [Google]
1376494713692.png
3 KB, 203x210
>HSG,one of my favorite communities ever, has now renounced the comic over Vriskagram and Act 7, which consist of maybe 6% of Homestuck

Goddamn it guys. Please don't make me go back to discussing the newest shitty Marvel comic or the newest crappy video games. Entertainment media has gone down the absolute shitter.
>>
>>82014423
Don't blame us. Blame Little Lord Fauntleroy.
>>
>>82014450
Yeah I will fucking blame you guys. You're pretending like you didn't have fun for 7 years and it hurts.
>>
>>82014423
HSG has been gone for 3 years, please get over it.
>>
>>82014423
>Liking non webcomics and shitty games
You deserve it.
>>
>>82014423
Yes, those were bad but technically small parts.

But they were so bad they invalidated a lot of the parts that we all fell in love with.

Also there's not really anything left to talk about. We can have weekend Homestuck threads if you make them.
>>
>>82014493
There are no good webcomics left and all games are terrible.

If you link me Ava's Demon I will beat you.
>>
>>82014423
I DON'T KNOW WHO THE FUCK YOU ARE BUT I KNOW THE TYPE OF PERSON YOU ARE

YOU'RE LIKE STEPHEN KING. WHEN I READ THE ENDING TO THE DARK TOWER, IT WAS LITERALLY

>LOL HE ENTERED THE TOWER SHOUTING PEOPLE'S NAMES

AND THEN HE HAS THE AUDACITY TO BERATE YOU FOR WANTING A SATISFYING CONCLUSION AND WANTING TO KNOW WHAT WAS SO IMPORTANT AND INTERESTING INSIDE. FUCKING BELITTLING YOU FOR HAVING CURIOSITY AND SPOUTING SOME BULLSHIT ABOUT HOW
>THE JOURNEY IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN THE DESTINATION

WELL GUESS WHAT?!

YOU'RE FUCKING WRONG AND EVERYONE WHO THINKS LIKE THAT IS WRONG! THE POINT OF A JOURNEY IS TO GET TO A DESTINATION YOU WANTED BECAUSE THEN YOU WOULDN'T UNDERTAKE THE JOURNEY IN THE FIRST PLACE!

IF I FOLLOWED THAT LOGIC THEN MY GRANDFATHER WOULD'VE DIED MUCH EARLIER BECAUSE I WOULD'VE GONE FOR HIS INSULIN BUT INSTEAD OF GETTING TO THE PHARMACY, I WOULD'VE MET INTERESTING PEOPLE, AND HAD TEENAGE DRAMA PROBLEMS AND MAYBE GOT INTO A FIGHT, AND NEVER MADE IT TO MY DESTINATION, AND COME BACK A WISER MAN.

BUT GUESS WHAT?!

MY FUCKING GRANDFATHER WOULD'VE BEEN STILL DEAD BECAUSE I NEVER MADE IT TO MY FUCKING DESTINATION!

SO YES, I AM COMPARING THIS SHIT TO MY GRANDFATHER DYING BECAUSE IT'S METAPHORICALLY THE SAME THING. AND YOU'RE A PIECE OF SHIT IF YOU SUPPORT THIS.

The only thing. THE ONLY FUCKING THING that makes this all better is that I only joined the bandwagon a month ago. If I had invested more time in this, I would've felt bad. Now, NOW I can just go on with my life. But I feel so bad for other people, who ARE actually invested in this.

SON OF A MOTHERFUCKING FUCK I AM STILL FURIOUS!
>>
I DON'T KNOW WHO THE FUCK YOU ARE BUT I KNOW THE TYPE OF PERSON YOU ARE

YOU'RE LIKE STEPHEN KING. WHEN I READ THE ENDING TO THE DARK TOWER, IT WAS LITERALLY

>LOL HE ENTERED THE TOWER SHOUTING PEOPLE'S NAMES

AND THEN HE HAS THE AUDACITY TO BERATE YOU FOR WANTING A SATISFYING CONCLUSION AND WANTING TO KNOW WHAT WAS SO IMPORTANT AND INTERESTING INSIDE. FUCKING BELITTLING YOU FOR HAVING CURIOSITY AND SPOUTING SOME BULLSHIT ABOUT HOW
>THE JOURNEY IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN THE DESTINATION

WELL GUESS WHAT?!

YOU'RE FUCKING WRONG AND EVERYONE WHO THINKS LIKE THAT IS WRONG! THE POINT OF A JOURNEY IS TO GET TO A DESTINATION YOU WANTED BECAUSE THEN YOU WOULDN'T UNDERTAKE THE JOURNEY IN THE FIRST PLACE!

IF I FOLLOWED THAT LOGIC THEN MY GRANDFATHER WOULD'VE DIED MUCH EARLIER BECAUSE I WOULD'VE GONE FOR HIS INSULIN BUT INSTEAD OF GETTING TO THE PHARMACY, I WOULD'VE MET INTERESTING PEOPLE, AND HAD TEENAGE DRAMA PROBLEMS AND MAYBE GOT INTO A FIGHT, AND NEVER MADE IT TO MY DESTINATION, AND COME BACK A WISER MAN.

BUT GUESS WHAT?!

MY FUCKING GRANDFATHER WOULD'VE BEEN STILL DEAD BECAUSE I NEVER MADE IT TO MY FUCKING DESTINATION!

SO YES, I AM COMPARING THIS SHIT TO MY GRANDFATHER DYING BECAUSE IT'S METAPHORICALLY THE SAME THING. AND YOU'RE A PIECE OF SHIT IF YOU SUPPORT THIS.

The only thing. THE ONLY FUCKING THING that makes this all better is that I only joined the bandwagon a month ago. If I had invested more time in this, I would've felt bad. Now, NOW I can just go on with my life. But I feel so bad for other people, who ARE actually invested in this.

SON OF A MOTHERFUCKING FUCK I AM STILL FURIOUS!
>>
>>82013329
Karkat runs the virus in act 5.1 though
They started saying he ruined the session after that, probably either an educated guess or connecting that and the background radiation of HSG spoilers
>>
>>82014481
we didn't
we had fun for like four-and-a-half years at the most
and a lot of that was based on the assumption it was leading to a reasonable conclusion
>>
Let's talk about what we all know we came here to talk about.

Shipping.
>>
>>82014551

>>82014589
I'm still pissed about the dark tower too anon.
>>
File: 1449157974542.png (12 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1449157974542.png
12 KB, 500x500
>>82014481
2 years of fun and 5 years of nervously chuckling and glancing at each other and going "when's it gonna get better?"
>>
>>82014481
To be fair, the comic paused for 1 year, and then it paused some more, and then it ended with the most bullshit ending in the history of webcomics. Kinda leaves a bad taste in your mouth.

But you're right. Everything up to the Trickster arc was OK, and everything before Act 6 was very good, and everything before Act 5 was great. It's not like these parts have retroactively stopped being fun, though all the plot points going nowhere was kinda shitty.
>>
File: 1460689499864.png (10 KB, 389x375) Image search: [Google]
1460689499864.png
10 KB, 389x375
>>82014622
Fuck you I liked the ending. Roland calling out Hax's and David's name got me bawling.
>>
I can see why people'd think that Act 5 Part 1 was a bit sluggish, but Act 5 Part 2 was the best part of Homestuck and I don't see why everybody has to act as if it was retroactively terrible.
>>
File: 1335410065455.jpg (54 KB, 752x646) Image search: [Google]
1335410065455.jpg
54 KB, 752x646
>>82013935
I didn't realize how much I want that to happen. Especially for Karkat, maybe him getting a second shot would somehow turn out to be rad as fuck?
>>
>>82014707
It was AT LEAST Act 3 quality. Not sure it was as good as Act 4, but yeah. People need to give A5A2 a break.
>>
All the fanartists and music creators are fading away already.

Buzinkai got burnt long ago and got off scott free from this mess. Bowman is practically dead (thanks for the clarification gaydeer).

Whenever radiation gets mentioned I get unironically salty.
God damn, it's depressing.
>>
File: Howtheotherhalflives.jpg (33 KB, 538x257) Image search: [Google]
Howtheotherhalflives.jpg
33 KB, 538x257
Christ, talk about two completely different worlds.
>>
>>82014630
Trickster Arc was bad, and Vriskagram was bad, but not everything inbetween was bad.

The parts with John and Roxy (and Terezi) were good, and Caliborn was solid gold.

And I liked Game Over aside from the art
>>
File: act 7.webm (866 KB, 720x404) Image search: [Google]
act 7.webm
866 KB, 720x404
>>82014707
People disliking act 5 isn't a new phenomena bro
>>
File: 1368168529047.png (7 KB, 228x325) Image search: [Google]
1368168529047.png
7 KB, 228x325
>>82014481
i had fun
>>
>>82014784
You can't expect content creators to pump out for seven years.
>>
>>82014796
>tumblr and HSG.jpg
>>
>>82014768
Would be bad news for some people - we'd find out how Terezi died for example.
>>
File: 1446585012534.png (35 KB, 666x528) Image search: [Google]
1446585012534.png
35 KB, 666x528
>>82014707
I loved 5.2, still my favorite part even with some of the dumb shit that happened. But you can't talk about it in a vacuum except to go "remember how funny that was". Shit changed, life goes on.
>>
File: 1376312723774.png (10 KB, 227x292) Image search: [Google]
1376312723774.png
10 KB, 227x292
>>82014874
See? Angel had fun.
>>
>>82014854
that webm makes me feel bad.
What book is that?
>>
>>82013935
>Plot twist
>Everyone inside the new universe dies
>Everyone else survives
How would you react?
>>
>>82014707

it started dragging later on and i was glad when it ended. thats when the confusing story choices started to begin
>>
>>
>>82012947

he never made any choices because everyone in homestuck except Caliborn is SBurb's bitch
>>
File: 1326763107304.png (33 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1326763107304.png
33 KB, 300x300
>>82014481
I spent all of the good parts of the comic hanging with MSPAF instead of you fags and it was radical
Then I spent all of the bad parts hanging with HSG and it was simultaneously depressing and hilarious
>>
File: 1454314493633.png (26 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1454314493633.png
26 KB, 800x800
>>82014945
>>
File: 1435281564163.png (7 KB, 282x289) Image search: [Google]
1435281564163.png
7 KB, 282x289
>>82014945
>>
>>82014481
4 and the last 1 was more "why am i here"
for the last 3 i just decided to do something else with my life
apparently i failed big-time
>>
John is a jew and none of you can prove me wrong.
>>
>>82014995
this one is in the shirt contest
>>
>>82014986
same. glad to know all of those guys' posts are lost forever in a strange way
>>
>>82015059
he has no nose idiot.
>>
File: 1457062565620.jpg (74 KB, 550x529) Image search: [Google]
1457062565620.jpg
74 KB, 550x529
>>82015073
dave's hair offends me the most
>>
>>82015030
>413
>>
File: 1370621091562.png (616 KB, 973x1053) Image search: [Google]
1370621091562.png
616 KB, 973x1053
>>82014481
>You're pretending like you didn't have fun for 7 years and it hurts.
I didn't, but think of all the (you)s I got shitposting in homestuck threads
>>
>>82015073
Are you FurReal?
>>
File: vriska and terezi.jpg (133 KB, 668x645) Image search: [Google]
vriska and terezi.jpg
133 KB, 668x645
>>82014888
TEREZI ISN'T DEAD
SHE'S JUST TOO BUSY FOR EPILOGUES
>>
>>82014481
You say 7 years like it was 7 years of non stop updates. Plenty of us didn't even stick around HSG during the hiatuses.
>>
>>82015073
The fucked up part is that despite the rest of it I actually like that Rose
I wish tumblr understood fucking genetics though
>>
>>82014945
Wow, it looks just like him!
>>
File: John_.gif (6 KB, 146x290) Image search: [Google]
John_.gif
6 KB, 146x290
>>82015079
READ THE FUCKING COMIC
>>
>>82015136
Only if you haven't pocketed the other 14 balls.
>>
>>82015059
He willingly spent some of his money to buy stuff for salamanders in a village.
>>
>>82015136
the felt just got beaten
>>
>>82015073
homestuck should have never been allowed to exist in this new decade

what would a 1999-2006 homestuck be like?
>>
>>82015136
but all of the other balls (the felt) were beaten
>>
File: lord english 8-ball eyes.jpg (44 KB, 922x460) Image search: [Google]
lord english 8-ball eyes.jpg
44 KB, 922x460
>>82012947

wouldn't lord english's eyes going 8-ball logically make him unbeatable since knocking in the 8-ball means you lose the game?
>>
>>82015073
Someone needs to enter >>82014995

Hussie loves fandom jokes, it'll work!
>>
>>82015232
you win if all the others are knocked away. at this point Jake had defeated the other members of the felt.
>>
>>82015229
the first ball pocketed was the cue ball.
Game was lost from the start.
>>
>>82015163
Rose's design is fine of itself but she looks like a Discworld character, not Rose.
>>
>>82015073
Why would you even color their skins for an official shirt?
>>
>>82015294
it is my headcanon that LE just blasts the fuck out of vriska and the kids destroying the juju because he doesn't give a shit about time.

so it fits
>>
File: 00198.gif (20 KB, 650x450) Image search: [Google]
00198.gif
20 KB, 650x450
Why the fuck didn't John get prototyped here?
>>
>>82014910
I had fun trolling Angel countless times. She's probably the only tripfag I'll ever remember for any period of time, I can't wait to forget her once these threads are long gone.
>>
>>82015328
Zahhak influence.
>>
>>82015073
that dave looks fucking green
>>
>>82015232
>implying they aren't so sick of this shit they'd kill him anyway
>>
>>82015187
>>82015229

but they weren't dead or thrown into black holes or anything? they just got beat up and punched around a bit
>>
>>82015328
mangrit level was too high
>>
>>82015073
the evolution of tumblr art is incredible to me
>>
>>82015328
It's just another plothole that will never be explained
>>
File: 1460524847017(2).png (556 KB, 1248x435) Image search: [Google]
1460524847017(2).png
556 KB, 1248x435
>>82015327
The ending was literally Caliborn's anime.
Years and years of drawing practice paying off.
Shame his writing never improved.
>>
>>82015328
one of the sprites says that touching sprites briefly/unintentionally or something wont lead to prototyping

>>82015378
he's like murdoc from the gorillaz
sickly and malnourished
>>
>>82015352
u a cold ass bully
>>
>>82015328
Doesn't this happen pre-entry?
>>
>>82015423
I thought the reason murdoc was green was because he sold his soul? then again I'm pretty sure he's actually laveyan or something so who gives a shit
>>
File: 1351787083223.jpg (353 KB, 1280x857) Image search: [Google]
1351787083223.jpg
353 KB, 1280x857
>>
Can someone post the shelby art progress pic please
>>
>>82015119
(You)s didn't even exist throughout the majority of HSG, it probably wasn't that much. But here's one for the road.
>>
>>82015496
he looks like a meth addict.

how many cosplays do you reckon are going to be left in closets/attics all over the world?
>>
File: 01994_1.gif (49 KB, 650x450) Image search: [Google]
01994_1.gif
49 KB, 650x450
How do we fix Karkat?
>>
>>82015510
In HSG, no. I stopped browsing HSG before it went on too long.

/hst/, I got a lot of (you)s. And there's a very good reason for that.
>>
>>82015232

also http://mspaintadventures.wikia.com/wiki/Lord_English

>but only through the exploitation of a number of time-based glitches and loopholes

they didn't use any time-based glitches and loopholes to beat him?

they just beat up some puppets and shot him with a magic laser.
>>
File: KILL ME.gif (102 KB, 240x197) Image search: [Google]
KILL ME.gif
102 KB, 240x197
>>82015570
By giving him what he wants
>>
>>82014932
A fucking good one it looks like.
>>
>>82015534
Roofies don't last THAT long
>>
>>82015570
Give him Terezi by making Vriska Dave's patron troll and Terezi John's. Vriska and Dave get blackrom, and so do Terezi and John. This leaves Karkat open for some sweet redrom, and also leaves Gamzee permacucked.

It's literally the best option.
>>
>>82015588
They're the same exact thing. "HST" hasn't even existed for that long either.
>>
>>82015570

karkat served exactly the role he was meant to play as a person who cares about things in a comic created by a smug dipshit millenial who hates people who care about things and idolizes manipulative sociopaths. anyone who ever expected anything different for him was too stupid to realize what they were reading.
>>
>>82015605
apparently the green sun turning into a black hole is considered a 'glitch' despite being at a point where paradox space warps timespace enough that it's created through a causal loop by some random kids among a sea of dead sessions and universes.

think about it, if it was the doc who accounted for the creation of the green sun, how did he not see it's demise in the same sense?

so basically, hussie is a hack who decided to deus ex machina the shit out of his story because paradox lol
>>
File: 1460516648540.png (323 KB, 714x887) Image search: [Google]
1460516648540.png
323 KB, 714x887
>>82015503
>>
>>82015605
What about the retcon?
>>
>>82015570
Make it so that KatNep was canon but keep it to where she still died which forces Karkat to become a better leader of his people and not to be a bitch
>>
>>82015703
/hst/ has existed since last October '15

that's pretty old in 4chan time.
>>
Is Davekat still canon?
>>
>>82015735
here's your (you)

this cannot be real.
>>
>>82013935
If this did happen, how does the timeloop close?
>>
>>82015770
Not when you've been here since 2008.
>>
File: 06227.gif (11 KB, 650x450) Image search: [Google]
06227.gif
11 KB, 650x450
>>82015806
who knows
>>
>>82015735
How does someone get WORST at drawing then call it an improvement?
>>
File: 1342828515896.png (140 KB, 400x380) Image search: [Google]
1342828515896.png
140 KB, 400x380
>>82015570
Consider the following.
>>
>>82015328
he didnt touch the core part thats the kernal. the floating arm isnt attached to the kernal.

>>82015477
he's green because he's pickled from the booze.
>>
>>82015503
>>82015735
anyone have the vodkamutini one with the nigress roxy?
>>
>>82015722

yeah that's obviously not a glitch, it was just there and then alt-calliope blew it up, so it stopped being there.

there were no glitches or loopholes just a straightforward series of steps such as you'd use for any ordinary videogame boss.

basically what i'm saying here is that given

1. 8 balls should make LE unbeatable

2. nobody ever employed the glitches or loopholes that were stated to be required to beat his invincibility

3. we never see him beaten

we can safely conclude that lord english doesn't get beaten and, instead, wins and wrecks everybody's shit
>>
>>82015739

the retcon didn't have anything to do with killing lord english though
>>
>>82015900
sounds good to me
>>
>>82015859
He made no claim of having improved
>>
>>82015900
destroying the green sun by pulling snowmans pin would have been way better, and actually closer to a glitch (still not really though)
also, someone in the last thread said
>After that it was ego and signs of the comic's failure. His rant after Rose went grimdark was especially pathetic and sad. Golden calf. What a fucking loser.
what part are they talking about? I don't remember it
>>
>>82015739
literally just brought back more people to fight LE's moogs. didn't effect LE or alt callie in the slightest, they would have done the same just without the kids bothering them
>>
>>82015900
We don't know if the black hole killed him or not but he's probably trapped in it with no way to get out.
>>
>>82015900

I like to imagine that after vriska's attack completely fails, he picks her up and bites her in half
>>
>>82015813
but it is
>>
>>82015980
>my work has GROWN and changed
That implies in their eyes it's an improvement.
>>
>>82015722
>think about it, if it was the doc who accounted for the creation of the green sun, how did he not see it's demise in the same sense?

Because Doc Scratch is only mostly omniscient. Equius in his brain creates gaps in his knowledge because he's a Void player. And you know, a black hole the size of like two universes put together probably counts as a pretty big void.
>>
>>82014618
Yes, let's.
>>
>>82016099
just talking about their characters getting fatter to pander to tumblr

ALL THAT GROWTH
>>
>>82016118
he must have known that something was missing though, LE should have seen it coming, especially going after a god tier master class
>>
>>82015570
Not turn his character into a parody of itself
>>
Homestuck was one big giant fuck you written over the course of seven years by Andrew "Zahhak" Hussie to his fans.
>>
>>82015980
>He
Her name is in the fucking picture, anon
>>
>>82016022
>trapped in it with no way to get out

even if it were true that he's trapped, which it isn't, caliborn's defining trait is relentless perseverance in the face of and eventual triumph over impossible odds, so he would eventually escape, then wreck everyone's shit again
>>
File: 1337121755305.png (8 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1337121755305.png
8 KB, 300x300
>>82014618
Terezi dies on the way through the door so Karkat is alone, ships solved, happy ending for all because Terezi is fucking awful.
>>
File: drunk owen wilson.jpg (93 KB, 560x432) Image search: [Google]
drunk owen wilson.jpg
93 KB, 560x432
>>82016300
Shelby is a given name? i thought it was a handle
>>
>>82014618
Why did Hussie kill both Karezi and Daverezi?
>>
>>82016360
Who names their kid Shelby, anyway? What is it short for, Shelbert?
>>
>>82016344
>tz
>awful
is that you liveblog?
>>
File: 1337031590500.png (40 KB, 276x229) Image search: [Google]
1337031590500.png
40 KB, 276x229
>>82016344
There's only one person who could cause that to happen with no one noticing.
>>
>>82016431
>John
>slaying a straight
>>
>>82016360
Yes?

Although I just found out that it used to be a male name, once upon a time, though that changed in like the 1930s.
>>
>>82014481
I had fun for around 5 and a half years. The other one and a half were pause
>>
>>82016431
>It turns out John and Terezi hatefucked on the lilypad while everybody was gone and Rose was too busy thinking about murdering herself
>Months later it turns out Trolls and Humans can breed and John is now gonna be a daddy to a troll human mutant hybrid
>He ends up going back and retconning Terezi from entering the new univese
Sasuga John-sama
>>
File: 1429749506219.png (6 KB, 448x450) Image search: [Google]
1429749506219.png
6 KB, 448x450
>>82016505
troll girls are a special exception, okay?
>>
>people think English having 8 ball eyes at the END OF THE COMIC means he WON
>>
>>82016421
terezis only point in the comic is to fuck some dudes and do the retcon
>>
>>82016684
It's as valid as any other fucking conclusion since Hussie left the damn thing so open ended
>>
File: 1324005210421.jpg (104 KB, 900x553) Image search: [Google]
1324005210421.jpg
104 KB, 900x553
>>82016643
Your story doesn't hold water. John doesn't have a hatedick, they would have needed to use hers.
>>
File: 1351233627672.png (66 KB, 500x400) Image search: [Google]
1351233627672.png
66 KB, 500x400
>>
File: 1456520401088-vp.png (1 MB, 852x854) Image search: [Google]
1456520401088-vp.png
1 MB, 852x854
>>82015735
That one on the left is the new one, right?

Right?
>>
File: norefrance.png (3 MB, 2880x1310) Image search: [Google]
norefrance.png
3 MB, 2880x1310
Literally the biggest missed opportunity. The mayor was like 20 feet away
>>
>>82016755
Why the fuck would an eight ball, the ball you try to sink at THE END OF THE GAME, being sunk at THE END OF THE GAME mean they lost?
>>
File: newstyle.png (168 KB, 700x800) Image search: [Google]
newstyle.png
168 KB, 700x800
>>82015735
you know, maybe I should update my style too.
>>
>>82016986
Woah do you take commissions?
>>
File: 1457719769258.png (183 KB, 650x540) Image search: [Google]
1457719769258.png
183 KB, 650x540
>>82016986
fucking lol
>>
>>82015735
SHE GOT BETTER AT DRAWING HANDS AND HORNS THERE'S STILL HOPE
>>
>>82017034
Of course!
Would you also like to subscribe to my patreon to see more exclusive, totally original art?
>>
I made one of these for atomic since she didn't feel like adding dates
>>
File: 1454863693806.jpg (8 KB, 212x237) Image search: [Google]
1454863693806.jpg
8 KB, 212x237
>>82016986
>>
>>82015605
Well for one the retcon is literally a glitch/loophole, as in it was never ever supposed to take place at all in a regular game. Second the cueball has always been his big weakness and dave had cueball sword
>>
>>82016986
>a white person
raaacist
>>
>>82017111
Hell yeah man! How can I set you up with my liebral arts college fund?
>>
>>82016986
WE
>>
>>82016986
What character is Jane supposed to be?
>>
>>82016923
You don't get it, WV isn't capable of speaking any more. He's now simply the Mayor, shrunken in size, and with the sole purpose of being a cutsey background character that stands next to Dave and Karkat as they passionately make love.
>>
>>82017180
WUZ
>>
>>82016986
lmfao

A+ characterization though, gotta hand it to you. I'd make Lars Karkat though.
>>
>>82016643
>Sasuga John-sama
I think John's a little too fleshy to be addressed in such a fashion, don't you?
>>
haha black people am i rite? win

very funny guys
>>
File: 1438142073577.png (90 KB, 232x253) Image search: [Google]
1438142073577.png
90 KB, 232x253
>>82017204
THE CRYSTAL GEMS
>>
>>82017143
>Well for one the retcon is literally a glitch/loophole

the retcon has nothing to do with killing LE, though
>>
File: 1457046504669.png (555 KB, 756x649) Image search: [Google]
1457046504669.png
555 KB, 756x649
>>82017244
>>
File: mydiploama.png (17 KB, 602x323) Image search: [Google]
mydiploama.png
17 KB, 602x323
>>82017170
No need, friend. Already have one!
>>
>>82017204
KINGS N SHIIIEEET
>>
>>82017238
John has a skeleton inside him so it's alright.
>>
File: black BLACK.png (185 KB, 540x561) Image search: [Google]
black BLACK.png
185 KB, 540x561
>>82017244
lol
>>
>>82017182
sadie.
Kind of.
Drew her head wrong.
Honestly, I thought it was a decent jane.
>>
File: 1461111932558.png (494 KB, 778x767) Image search: [Google]
1461111932558.png
494 KB, 778x767
>>82015073
unsalvageable
>>
>>82017347
Ah, so the adventurer John is just another disguise. Brilliant as ever.
>>
>>82017244
its a visual comic, you can SEE the characters
>>
>>82015073
>>82017398
has anything good come out of that WLF contest?

go there and try to pick one you genuinely like
>>
>>82017310
>>82017367
>>82017439
trolled
>>
>>82017244
DUDE NIGGERS JUST COMMIT HALF THE CRIMES IN AMERICA BECAUSE WE WERE RACIST TO THEM ONCE AND NOT BECAUSE THEY'RE SUBHUMAN LMAO
>>
>>82017204
SBURB PLAYAHS
>>
File: 1333728765374.png (24 KB, 202x237) Image search: [Google]
1333728765374.png
24 KB, 202x237
>>
>>82017463
Did Angel submit hers yet?
Can I pick that pre-emptively?
>>
>>82017244
How are they going to react when the Homestuck TV show casts all white people
>>
File: 1434760088184.jpg (171 KB, 694x694) Image search: [Google]
1434760088184.jpg
171 KB, 694x694
>>82017465
okay
>>
>>82017310
>>82017367
>>82017439
>>82017488
>>82017512
tricked
>>
>>82017224
I liked the fact that Dave was literally lars wearing a pair of shades.
>>
>>82017495
katnep poster will you be my friendo
>>
File: 03353.gif (12 KB, 650x450) Image search: [Google]
03353.gif
12 KB, 650x450
DAVEKAT STATUS:???????
>>
>>82017579
Intentionally ambiguous so as to not piss anyone off.
>>
>>82017550
DUDE I LOVE BIG FAT (YOU)-SHAPED ANONYMOUS COCK LMAO
>>
>>82017439
>>82017436
>>82017465
>>82017550
B A M B O O Z L E D
>>
File: 1461111932558.png (460 KB, 778x767) Image search: [Google]
1461111932558.png
460 KB, 778x767
almost fixed it
>>
>>82017579
Sunk, so utterly sunk even the hardcore fat chicks who shipped it know it was never going to be, and good riddance to it.
>>
>>82017664
where are the big lips you hack fuck
>>
>>82017579
Karkuck Status: Currently being cucked by Jade Harley.
>>
>>82017398
why are people so determined to make everyone fucking ugly
>>
File: Screenshot_2.png (72 KB, 710x598) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2.png
72 KB, 710x598
>>82017649
B
L
A
PAONG

relevant bowman
>>
>>82016923
>>82017198
>a pile of spooky ghost cookies and a big group of bright green people
I feel like there was indeed a massive missed opportunity with WV here
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 161

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.