[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/jp/ neet here. Has anyone got any guides on how to create stuff
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /3/ - 3DCG

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 7
File: tumblr_nycocbJBig1qzdctco3_1280.jpg (225 KB, 650x800) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nycocbJBig1qzdctco3_1280.jpg
225 KB, 650x800
/jp/ neet here. Has anyone got any guides on how to create stuff like this in zbrush.

I want to stop watching anime and do art instead, but I downloaded zbrush and don't know what to do next as I'm just a crappy beginner. I don't want to go back to just watching anime all day.

I have a large inheritance and get neet bucks.
>>
watch tutorials on how to get a basemesh to zbrush and sculpt on that before getting into posing or rigging and stuff
>>
You have already made a begginer mistake by trying to jump into zbrush before learning the basics of modelling. Get max/maya/c4d/blender first, learn how box modelling and topology works, then start zbrush.
>>
Try understand human anatomy, especially female anatomy if you want to make the one like on the pics. And then understand how modelling works, just like how anon said on the post above.
>>
File: image.jpg (87 KB, 778x719) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
87 KB, 778x719
I'll post all weeb tutorials i know tomorrow
>>
>>503259
I disagree that you need to know max/maya/c4d/blender before getting into zbrush. There are artists out there that use zBrush and don't know one thing about those programs.

OP, look up Ryan Kingslien or his site UArtsy. Also learn anatomy, you aren't gonna be jumping into animu right away, you need to first understand how the body works, then you can cut corners like anime does.
>>
>>503269
i think OP needs more of the basics even before anatomy. stuff like basic proportions using heads is crucial for him when he trying to do limbs. making a glorious set of hands won't do him good if he messed up the length of his arms to the scapula. something like that before going into the kinglsien treatment might make him actually stick to the idea.
>>
i also started 3d modeling a few weeks ago for my waifus, i mean art ,currently using maya and have zbrush any advice for modeling anime characters also would modeling waifus be better on maya or zbrush
>>
>>503268
Can't wait.
>>
>>503250

Too lazy to google?

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=zbrush+anime
>>
File: a1.jpg (65 KB, 654x299) Image search: [Google]
a1.jpg
65 KB, 654x299
>>503263

OP here I went to /ic/ and found a book called anatomy for sculptors. >>>/ic/2294823

So if I work through the book, will I get good at sculpting anime figures?

Pic related is trying to sculpt a face.

>>503259

I thought you can sculpt figures from scratch in zbrush. I don't understand why I would be doing box modelling.

>>503268

Can you post please.
>>
>>503340
>I thought you can sculpt figures from scratch in zbrush. I don't understand why I would be doing box modelling.
For your sculpt to be useful anywhere outside of zbrush you have to do retopology. And to do that you need to learn other kinds of modeling and get familiar with a program like maya, 3ds max or blender.
>>
File: CTrs5zqUAAAqNBm.png (222 KB, 600x386) Image search: [Google]
CTrs5zqUAAAqNBm.png
222 KB, 600x386
>>503340
I'll post it later, just practice for now
>>
File: Dynamesh.jpg (121 KB, 1400x744) Image search: [Google]
Dynamesh.jpg
121 KB, 1400x744
>>
>>503362
>>503250
watch this also:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4Q_K0CYmMs&index=2&list=PLMjnnUF3eJFeh8q3N8kGhfc58CDubQRZA
>>
File: Hair_Sculpting.jpg (457 KB, 910x1683) Image search: [Google]
Hair_Sculpting.jpg
457 KB, 910x1683
>>503363
>>503250
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PO--0h8XHiw
I hear zbrush is not for beginners they said somewhere that you need to learn the basics of 3d before jumping in but not sure if that's true or not. also i made this txt file with some tips might be useful or not (not sure): >http://pastebin.com/g8zK3mev
>>
>>503259
Your advise is irrelevant to someone just wanting to do sculpts, and highly misleading too because you're pointing him in the wrong direction. If anything he'd be better off studying traditional sculpture and drawing. Art knowledge is far, far more relevant than anything else. It's why old 3d modellers who only knew how to align polygons to picture planes got quickly outpaced by random artists picking up zbrush and blowing them out of the water day one.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.