[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why /x/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4
File: 1467951641790[1].png (183 KB, 750x501) Image search: [Google]
1467951641790[1].png
183 KB, 750x501
I need to get clear on why horror and the paranormal are enjoyable.

More specifically, why would you enjoy being in a paranormal horror or serial killer movie? (No, you don't get to be the monster, but you can be in any other role I suppose...)

This is something I really need clarity on. Please be as honest as possible.
>>
>>17924944
You know I think in part I like the idea of maybe getting something magical out of the experience... like stealing the monster's mojo somehow...

Of course there's also the fact that if a serial killer came after me I'd be completely justified in murdering him...
>>
File: homework_lady.jpg (66 KB, 515x720) Image search: [Google]
homework_lady.jpg
66 KB, 515x720
Sounds like a film101 writing assignment.
>>
>>17924957
No ... I just... need to understand the draw...
>>
bumping in the hopes someone will explain it to me
>>
Shame this thread never got more traction
>>
>>17924944
i would enjoy being in a movie because i would get paid and be famous to some degree
>>
>>17926179
I think the idea is: would you want to be in an actual horror scenario? Or: what makes you watch them? Do you ever imagine that you're a character in one of these things?
>>
File: 1454273160309.jpg (62 KB, 422x700) Image search: [Google]
1454273160309.jpg
62 KB, 422x700
I'll give an honest reply, because this is interesting.

Mythology and folklore were the biggest part of my childhood, so I ate up what I could in any format. I've grown up watching horror movies, I loved fantasy and scifi, so horror was just a step away. Movies never scared me, as I knew they weren't real, but stories and books did, because my mind filled in the blanks like location and how characters looked. I didn't watch much slashers, but I did watch a lot of creature flicks. I loved the creature designs, and since back in the 90s, practical effects were the main execution, and having a real monster that the actors could interact with was fun. It was just a part of my life.

I'd love to be in a movie, even not as the antagonist, because it would bring it full circle for me. It would be a fun experience for me, and being immortalized in something I love like that would be amazing.
>>
>>17926379
So for you it would be like: "OMG it's really the thing we've been talking about forever!"

And I kinda get that. I mean when I was a kid it was all Frankenstein, the Mummy, Vampires (Bela Lugosi was my influence at the time even though I didn't know his name), and the Werewolf.

So I can imagine seeing, say, a mummy walking around and going "HOLY SHIT that is AWESOME!"

Like... I'd have a really, really hard time not pulling out my phone and trying to get a picture... doubt I'd be dumb enough to try for a selfie with it but... well the thought would cross my mind, even underneath all the unholy panic.
>>
>>17924944
Horror and the paranormal aren't really enjoyable if real, but people are fascinated by the unknown, we hear myths and legends that are scary but truly great tales, as a person who has dealt with the paranormal and never got answers about what happened too me as a child, I look here for answers too this day, haven't found anything close too what happened
>>
>>17924944
Hero and fight monsters, duh.
>>
>>17926462
Actually that's super insightful! You're looking for.. "closure", right?

Makes a lot of sense man. Thanks for saying that!

>>17926465
Cool, you're tuning into the RPG element. Can't blame ya.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.