[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
alright /x/ I'm pretty much totally definitely an empath
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4
File: tumblr_mk34si6amU1s76zj0o1_250.gif (794 KB, 250x141) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mk34si6amU1s76zj0o1_250.gif
794 KB, 250x141
alright /x/ I'm pretty much totally definitely an empath I think

male, 24. in a committed monogomous relationship, really in love with my gf who I currently live with and work a full time job. I've always been a sensitive person, whether it came to receiving love or being bullied or humiliated, things have always had a serious impact on me and my mental health as far as my interpersonal relationships go

major depressive, have serious mental hangups about past relationships that have failed for some reason or were irrevocably damaged by circumstance

always seemed to attract some of the lowest and most down trodden band of friends and have found that my moods and personality has a strong affect on the people around me and I can actually manipulate them subtly in this way

start a new job, almost immediately make personal connections with people. feeling fairly antisocial lately though, and see the way this affects the general feeling of the work group, work in a room with like 30 others, notice this girl always catching glances at me, of course its the cute, androgenous girl who I havent seen talk to ANYONE since I started

instigate casual convo with her one day on a whim, not even all that attracted but it just seemed right for some reason. now she eyes me in the hallway and follows me on breaks despite telling me she has a bf. this cute 18 year old is latching on to me and disclosing shit when I've never felt more distant and antisocial imagine what would happen if I actually tried?

basically, I feel like I understand others on a pretty deep level without really trying and constantly feel connected and intertwined and kind of hate the way that I'm susceptible to the feelings and pain of others on a nearly daily basis
>>
>>17922021
Don't worry, I'm sure she will leave you alone once she finds out that you post on 4chan.
>>
>>17922038
/thread
>>
Get in the fucking 18 year old Shinji
>>
>>17922021
I'd normally would say that this isn't /x/ related, but since you are within brethren, I will say this. Become friends. You should be friends only. Imagine this lady as a possible best friend only. Never once admit you could be sexual (being sexual to her is like being sexual to your sister). Just treat her like a good friend if she deserves it. Let her know you are only interested in friendship. Listen to your mind, not your heart and especially not your dick. Friendzone her and be done with it. She'll find someone else and you'll gain a good friend. Don't fuck this up. You don't need to fuck her or you don't need to be in love with her.
>>
>>17922021
>Pretty much
>totally an empath
>I think.

Trust me you'd know
>>
>>17922021
>the feelings and pain of others on a nearly daily basis
Let me ask you one question, OP.

Do you, personally, care?
>>
>>17922021
Clearly you don't know what an empath is, you sound like your just an aprachable person, and as anon said you would know
>>
>>17922697
People can tell that they don't have the behaviors of others by watching others and realizing that they don't act the same way.
>>
ah, I used to be like this until I starting taking SSRIs. Sorted me out.
>>
>>17922719
Maybe you should try it. Couldn't hurt to put your beliefs to the test some time.
>>
empaths is just made up shit to make people feel special, man. I hate to break this to you but when people see other people down in the dumps, they typically get a similar feeling and it can bring the group down. It is common humany empathy. everyone except sociopaths have this

as far as the girl; some people are attracted to antisocialites and weirdos. Walk into any waifu thread and you will immediately find this to be the case

(note: this does not mean you shouldnt try to hit that)
>>
>>17922021
She is a gost or a trap.
Eitherwayrun
>>
>>17922732
Empaths are not a made up thing. They take on the energy signature of other beings around. So if someone or something is experienceing something an emapth will experience it too, be it metal or physical. It is not within the average range of human empathy to experience physical aspects of another. And I've noticed a feeding decline in the human ability to even empithise on an emotional level.(don't confuse empathy with sympathy two very different things)
>>
>>17922845
Trending not feeding
>>
>>17922845
I find it a hard sell after meeting two different people who called themselves Empaths despite being dumb as a fucking doornail when it came to anything social

you'd think someone who feels and mimics the emotions of people around them would pick up on social cues, and get the idea of where a conversation is going based on group emotion
>>
>>17922893
Not necicarily, tell me when your engaged in small talk does it have an effect on your emotional state?.
Though being an empath you should easiliy be able to pick up when the person your socializing with is in no way shape or form interested in what your saying, and should be able to divert conversation until you find a topic they envoy or engage with.
Just remember empaths feel the physical too, so next time someone says they are an empath pinch yourself behind your back and see if they look like they experience any discomfort from it.
If they seem sorta dissconected and unable to interact properly with people high chance they are not an empathy and instead just a douche
>>
>>17922038
"i have thoughts and feelings and want to be a special butterfly"

there is no such thing as an ''empath'' OP. There is only awareness. And that's something anybody can achieve, most just don't care to be self-aware because then they have to think about their choices.
>>
>>17922021
I'm an empath too OP.

I can sense peoples emotions incredibly easily.

Because of this I isolate myself completely.

Going out in public is agonizing. I can feel everything.

Drugs help to dull the senses, but I find that after a while it stops working. And being dull 24/7 is not good.
>>
>>17922893
The difference between INFJ and ENFJ, INFJ's are more in tune with people on a deep mystical level so they can still be awkward on the surface level stuff, enfj's are better people persons and party hosts. Basically what people mean when they say they're an empath, is they're an INFJ
>>
>>17922629
/thread

Peoples nature is the only thing that keep me going aside from the natural wonders of the world itself. That being said- people are a fucking drain when everyone can be so pessimistic.
>>
>>17922893
This is a valid point- sometimes my mistake is skipping social cue's. Its hard to explain to someone that you know based on a feeling you dont quite think is yours.
>>
I know how to make it less painful, its actually quite simple.
>>
>>17922845
Heres the truth, empathy is when your Heart chakra is open. This isnt a common trait in a world of greed. But the pain of being an empath can only affect somebody whos solar plexus chakra is weakened. You must strengthen the shoulder and solar plexus chakra in order to feel the postitive of being an empath without the negatives..
>>
File: 1468258297799.png (459 KB, 544x610) Image search: [Google]
1468258297799.png
459 KB, 544x610
>>17922732
This.
Humans are social creatures (oh wow holy fuck), and for some people it comes more easily. As with literally everything.
>>
>>17927695
They arent made up but people have too much pride about being an empath that it makes you annoyed by them. Being able to notice other peoples emotions is sort of differen from empathy. In Empathy you feel their emotions and you feel that you are sharing with them. In empathy you want to help the other person feel better. Though the negative affects of empathy are caused by a depressed solar plexus, which can be fixed. I used to have no empathy than I just started unblocking my breathing in my heart chakra area and just like that I became empathic. People will naturally want to be your friend because they can feel that you are putting their emotions ahead of your own.
>>
>>17922021
>girl tolerates my existence

>HOLY SHIT THIS MUST BE PARANORMAL
>>
File: image001.png (233 KB, 402x418) Image search: [Google]
image001.png
233 KB, 402x418
>>17927695
/thread
>>
>>>/r9k/

dumb faggit
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.