[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Stories of people found living in attics/basements/crawlspaces?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 10
File: s9s8b4s.png (636 KB, 959x719) Image search: [Google]
s9s8b4s.png
636 KB, 959x719
Anyone have any stories/video/etc. about people finding strangers living secretly in their home? I don't know why, but this kind of thing really fascinates me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jajl3ywbwK4
I think this is my favorite one that I've found so far. There's not a lot of context given, but it seems to be some kind of dorm or off-campus student housing. These kids suspect somebody is living in the attic because they see a light on up there (and presumably heard noises), and when they try to open the attic door, somebody closes it FROM THE INSIDE. Sadly, there doesn't seem to be any kind of follow up story.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7SFhxT-on8
Here's another good one. Dude decides to check behind a window above the stairs in his house that isn't against an external wall, and finds a room with a bed in it and other signs of it being occupied. In a later video he calls his landlord to ask about it, who claims he used to crash there "to get away from the wife" or something. Not sure if this one's legit.

Anything related to hidden rooms/passages/crawlspaces (not necessarily occupied by people) found in homes is also welcome.
>>
File: vvvas.png (460 KB, 963x713) Image search: [Google]
vvvas.png
460 KB, 963x713
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06X9qXTvKNQ
Forgot to mention this one. I think everybody's probably seen it by now. Dude keeps noticing food going missing from his fridge, sets of a camera, catches creepy lady emerging from a crawlspace above his kitchen to steal his food and piss in his sink. Honestly I get a fake vibe from this one. The guy seems really interested in using the video's viral status to promote his acting career. And the part where she hides behind the counter and avoids being detected when he comes into the room is just too hard to believe.
>>
>>17920446
That stupid little head scratch he does at 3:22, as soon as he enters camera view, gives it away. Nobody does that, it's a good example of shitty actor over-exaggeration.
>>
>>17920598
i walk and scratch my head all the time you dumb ass. i must be acting my whole life then
>>
>>17920735
I, like everyone else, also scratch my head. But the way he did it, as soon as he entered camera view, is something shitty actors do when they're trying to act tired. At one point I was a shitty actor surrounded by other shitty actors, and I saw them do it all the time. Maybe it's subtle, the motion just looks planned and fake to me.
>>
>>17920428
I live in my mother's basement.
>>
>>17920795
You're a meme. :^)
>>
>>17920428
>second video
>someone built an indoor-cuckshed

Kek
>>
OP again. This one's only somewhat related, but way too fascinating to not bring up. Have you heard about the friends in Rhode Island who secretly built an entire apartment in an unused section of a mall?

It was apparently a large chamber that was used as a storage space during the malls construction (for storing paint cans and extra bricks or whatever) and was only accessible through a series of utility hallways. They would stuff cinder blocks in their backpacks and smuggle them into the space one at a time until they eventually had enough to build a wall, and then installed a utility door in it. From there they started smuggling in couches, rugs, silverware, and even a PS2. They lived there on and off for four years before getting caught.

Here's their old website/blog about it if you're interested: http://www.trummerkind.com/mall/What_Happened.html
>>
Meanwhile, in Australia....
A lady goes missing for nearly a week and is found hiding in the roof space of a shoe store.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/nsw/missing-woman-spent-week-unnoticed-in-roof-of-sydney-warehouse/news-story/8e398359614989b861a7c2baba21f099
>>
File: 1432957156965.jpg (281 KB, 925x1024) Image search: [Google]
1432957156965.jpg
281 KB, 925x1024
Here's another neat one I found yesterday. Reddit, I know, but this one's seriously creepy without being far fetched and unbelievable.

https://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/4d8b12/serious_reddit_what_are_your_creepy_unexplainable/d1ozqa9

It's a dude talking about how he was renovating an old abandoned house so his company could sell it, and ended up finding a tiny 3-foot wide room adjacent to the master bedroom, only accessible through a 20"-high door in the hallway that had since been covered in sheet rock. Inside the tiny room was a small chair and nothing else. The floor appeared to be covered in dark stains. The creepiest part was the the door seemed to be lockable via a latch on the outside, with no way of unlocking it from inside.
>>
File: 1449478723432.gif (866 KB, 352x224) Image search: [Google]
1449478723432.gif
866 KB, 352x224
>>17921225
>Here's another neat one I found yesterday. Reddit
ANND another thread ruined
>>
>>17920428

I remember reading about this, creepy as fuck.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-415606/Paedophile-hid-girls-bed-months.html

A fugitive paedophile seduced a girl of 12 then secretly lived under her bed for three months. Scott Jennings, 22, cut a hole in the bottom of the youngster's divan and used it as a secret den. He then systematically abused her, a court heard. The girl's mother was 'totally unaware' of his presence because he would hide whenever she was about to come into the room
>>
>>17921225
>I can only assume someone was kept in there and relieved themselves on the floor. Daily. For a very long time.
Lel. really? Is that the ONLY thing you can assume?
Retarded conjecture to sate some fantasy. Perfect to fetch you some reddit gold!
>>
>>17920428
>somebody closes it FROM THE INSIDE
That never happened in that video. They just kept pulling it open and letting it go while sperging out like retarded kids because the light was off.
>>
>>17920935
That's pretty interesting.
>>
>>17920428
My wife found a person living in her crawlspace if you know what I'm saying.
>>
>>17921275
then at least i hope you thought my thread was cool before i posted the reddit link. Thank you, friend. namaste.
>>
>>17921346
kind of funny, those doors work via springs so they stay closed

huehuehue
>>
>>17920446
You can see her moving while he sets up the cam
>>
>>17920428
I think it's pretty common for attic doors to swing shut. You have to put some oomph in it to get it down.
>>
>>17920935
That's hella fucking based.
>>
Awesom thread. Moar pls.
>>
>>17921991

Exactly, they're on a pretty solid spring as people don't really enjoy having the sliding stairs fuck their shit up the second they undo the catch.
>>
>>17924319
The video still got me though, even knowing that. The way the teens were freaking out and strategizing felt like watching a real life horror movie, even knowing they were pissing themselves over nothing.
>>
>>17920428
Kinda related:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGbaRR3cM4M
>>
>>17924753
Also this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjjQJipwSxQ
>>
>>17923249
Youre a faggot
>>
Don't know how true this is but everyone at my school was talking about it at the time. But as it went like this
> kids family moves into recently constructed house
> House was empty for about two months before anyone bought it
> family moves in and is fine for the first few weeks
> as time goes on they notice things being slightly moved around
> food starts to go missing
> think it's the kids younger brother eating at night
> parents hear one of those noise making cookie jars go off in kitchen
> dad walks out of his room expecting to see kids younger brother but finds a homeless guy is standing in the kitchen
> Homeless guy flips out and runs downstairs screaming about how they're intruding his house and that if they don't leave he's going to kill the family
> dad runs and grabs kids while calling 911
> cops get there and drag out homeless guy while he tries to fight them claiming that it's his house and the family should be arrested not him

I guess they found a diary in a crawl space in the basement with detailed plans about how he was going to murder the family and hide them so he could've live in the house and not have anyone bother him anymore.

This was like 10 years ago but even the kid and his parents say it happened. Also remember a few highschool teachers of mine recalling the incident. But like I said the way I told it might not be 100% accurate
>>
File: 1462472468916.jpg (118 KB, 500x667) Image search: [Google]
1462472468916.jpg
118 KB, 500x667
>>17924356
> The way the teens were freaking out and strategizing felt like watching a real life horror movie

Yeah maybe one made for high school or middle school. They were so obviously OVERACTING it wasn't even funny. If you find that believable, then I feel sorry for you, son.
>>
>>17921286
weird, reminds me of the guy who hid behind a bathroom wall at this pub and detached the pipes so guys would piss on his head

>One of my best mates from Southend is the manager of a chain pub in Central London.

>A few weeks ago, he's standing behind the bar when a guy comes up to him looking rather concerned.

>– “Listen mate, this is gonna sound totally insane, but I’ve just gone for a piss in the urinal and I could’ve sworn I saw an eyeball looking up from the hole.”

>So the guy convinces him to let them have a look to put his mind at ease.

>They both go to the toilets to check on the two adjoining rooms. As they go through the first door, they discover that the place is pretty much flooded with urine. My mate comments to the guy that obviously this is not usual.

>Things get stranger still when they get to the door to the second back room, which is a fire exit and should be unlocked – it isn’t.

>My friend gets his keys out to unlock the door, and as he begins doing so, a frantic scuffle begins behind the door.

>As he attempts to push it open, the handle is ripped out of his hand and a dude comes charging out of the room, soaked head to toe in piss.

>He charges both my friend and the customer (who are too shocked to react) out of the way, screaming, “I didn’t do anything!” as he goes.

>By the time they regain their sense of reality, the guy has made his escape, leaving them to assess the scene of abject depravity he's left in his wake.

>The plumbing for the urinal had been carefully removed and put to one side, leaving a hole in the masonry big enough for a head and shoulders to squeeze in. Tissue paper had been laid on the exposed brick-work to provide a comfortable head rest for what seemed to be a lengthy session of being pissed on. By men. In secret. In a pub belonging to pretty much the biggest pub chain in Britain. Oh, and did I mention the snorkel?

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=11b_1331622584
>>
>>17921052
lool

thanks op
>>
>>17920446
I've always thought this was fake.
>>
>>17920935
That's awesome, i've always thought that if you could buy a storage room at a train station or shopping center it would make awesome lowkey living
>>
File: 1468469943934.jpg (19 KB, 480x405) Image search: [Google]
1468469943934.jpg
19 KB, 480x405
>>17926118

what the FUCK
>>
>>17926118
Pure genius.
>>
>>17920935

Huh, I'm 10 min from Providence Place, had no idea.
>>
>>17926118
this is the most bizzarre thing I've read in years
what the fuck man
>>
>neighbour was addicted to meth and was therefore associated with the wrong kind
>she was actually a nice person all things considered but anyway
>she's doing laundry one day and swear she can hear breathing that's not her own
>freaks out and calls the police
>probably had other reasons to do so; all I know is the breathing is what made her call the police
>police arrive, check the crawl space under the house
>the entrance is a tiny square door at the back, maybe 60cm x 60cm
>underneath the house was bookshelf (stacked with cask wine) and a mattress
>food wrappers and wine casks absolutely everywhere
>my mum saw the bloke run away as the cops were being called and she spoke to the police
>neighbour, police and mother conclude it was the neighbours ex boyfriend who clearly wasn't over her
>had been living underneath her and her young daughter for 2-3 months at least

Check your crawl spaces people. Oh and don't do meth.
>>
File: 1441885555975.gif (2 MB, 235x180) Image search: [Google]
1441885555975.gif
2 MB, 235x180
>>17926118
>>
File: worried.jpg (7 KB, 245x250) Image search: [Google]
worried.jpg
7 KB, 245x250
>>17926118
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.