[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone else ever hear " The Hum?" Im from Queens,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1
File: FUCK.jpg (11 KB, 250x240) Image search: [Google]
FUCK.jpg
11 KB, 250x240
Anyone else ever hear " The Hum?"

Im from Queens, NY, been hearing it for the last 3 nights.

Basically its a low frequency soundwave that sounds like a diesel engine idling in the distance. - Like a garbage truck making a stop in front of your house, but never leaving.

Ive heard it for the past few nights. I live in a basement so its extremely loud to me.

I tried listening for it outside but heard absolutely nothing.

Go back inside, put ear against wall and hear BRBRBRBRRRRREBEBRBRBRBRBRBR

It was driving me INSANE. I looked on google to see if anyone else heard of it and apparently im not the only one.

It goes away after a while but its annoying as hell.

At least I can kind of get some sleep now.

Anyone else?
>>
times square has this crazy electric hum coming from the vents.
>>
Fellow /x/phile in NY. Have heard some strange sounds outside as well, although not exactly as you've described
>>
>>17917306
I was 12 whennI started hearing the hum. I used to live on a busy street but it got dead still at night. And when night came i could hear this soft "bmmmmmmmmmmm" sounding echo come off the road its self it was freaky
>>
Hey, I'm from Idaho but I've also been hearing that noise. It's very aggravating and it sounds like it's coming from the room behind me, but when I go look it's just an empty room. Whenever I try to sleep I hear it for the first several hours of laying there, and I'm losing sleep from it. I have no idea where it comes from and it's getting spooky.
>>
>>17917306
New York is just like an orange.
Do you know why?
>>
>>17917306
>basement dweller
i thought this is just meme
>>
>>17917413
Living underground is great. Fuck off normie
>>
>>17917404
I'll answer my own question.
Because it's full of 'juice'.
Get it? Juice?
>>
>>17917413
its a full apartment.

livingroom/kitchen/bedroom/bathroom
>>
>>17917417
i didnt imply that this was bad this, retard
>>
>>17917306
Vibrations can go over long distances, senpai. Any trains, bases, highways where you live?
>>
>>17917306
Ever thought that it might be from the HVAC?
>>
>>17917459
bruh, it's Queens. The whole place is one giant highway/trainstation.
>>
sometimes i hear old school dial up internet noises. but its always around some other noise constant.
>>
There is a hum in Windsor, ON but I believe it was found to be sourced from factories and shit across the river in Detroit, namely Zug island. Tbh there's probably some creepy shit going on there, the place is the definition of spooky, desolate urban industry.
>>
Yes I've heard it. I work at a bar so I get home very late. However I've heard the hum numerous times behind my house by a church. Sounds somewhat similar to a distant car running. Ons day I grew some balls and checked it out. The humming got a little tiny bit louder. I searched all over the parking lot of the church to no avail. I even went to the church closely to see if it was a generator. I didn't find shit. I went back home in my garage to use my medical marijuana. While I was setting that up I always keep the door open so it doesn't stink up my house. Before I even started smoking the sound went away.

To be fair though I've heard it even during the day time, however it's a litter less obvious when there's cars going by now and then
>>
>>17917428
Orange juice not allowed to eat pizza?
>>
>>17917306
Wasn't Steven Colbert yelling at that once?
>>
Maybe the Colbert thing sounds a little more violent than you described. It's kinda loud even from how high up he is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKe87DGV4ns
>>
I don't so much mind auditory hums, my ears aren't so great to begin with, but the higher frequency stuff is really annoying.
>>
From Wisconsin here. I hear this a lot
>>
>>17920541
Milwaukee, here. Where?
I definitely hear something when I lay in better with one ear on the pillow, but I wouldn't call it a hum.
>>
>>17917356
That's an art installation.
>>
>>17917306
I also live in queens, fresh meadows specifically. At night when it should be dead silent there's a low pitch humming that I hear every night. I fear it affects my brainwave like a controlled isochronic tone to control people but I usually just shrug it off as nonsense. Interesting to hear other people hear inexplicable sounds
>>
>>17922426
Underground gigantic hydrothermic drills used to make underground bunkers and trains. Try not to let this bother you.
MIB
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.