[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Magick and Music
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 10
File: image.jpg (388 KB, 923x1200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
388 KB, 923x1200
"There is geometry in the humming of the strings, there is music in the spacing of the spheres." - Pythagoras

Music is an incredible tool to the magician. It is a microcosmic display of the universal realities which all matter experiences, and can be composed to magnify magick ritual. I am starting this thread to open discussion and see if any other musicians here utilize its benefits in their own practices/compositions.
>>
Rhythm

Musicians and mystics have long recognized the power of rhythmic music. Ritual drumming and rhythmic prayer are found in cultures throughout the world and are used in religious ceremonies to induce trance states.

Music with a strong beat stimulates the brain and ultimately causes brainwaves to resonate in time with the rhythm, research has shown. Slow beats encourage the slow brainwaves that are associated with hypnotic or meditative states. Faster beats may encourage more alert and concentrated thinking.

Studies of rhythms and the brain have shown that a combination of rhythmic light and sound stimulation has the greatest effect on brainwave frequency, although sound alone can change brain activity. This helps explain the significance of rhythmic sound in religious ceremonies.
>>
File: image.jpg (119 KB, 560x810) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
119 KB, 560x810
Tonality

Sound, color, thought and the essence of everything in our universe is based on its vibrational frequency. Our own solar system is not chaotic as it might seem, but organized in "perfect" harmonic intervals radiating out from the sun, thanks to the mathematic beauty of forces like gravity. These wonders of math can be applied to tonal systems in musical composition to accent magickal thought, and produce breakthrough experiences if executed properly. Emotion and forces beyond man's ability to fathom are embedded within these perfect ratios of vibrating strings
>>
One fantastic piece of information I recommend to anyone interested in this topic is the classical arts book "Quadrivium" which ties numbers, astronomy, arithmetic, and music all together for the reader.

A quick introduction and entry level resource is this site

http://www.lunarplanner.com/Harmonics/planetary-harmonics.html
>>
Bub
>>
You aren't wrong.
>>
Thanks for the chart
>>
>>17916754
Do you have a link to the Trivium in Latin or the Quadrivium in Latin or English?(looking for pdf download w/o registration)
>>
Bump of interest
>>
Very interesting read op
cheers m8, have a bump
>>
Semi-related:
https://u.pomf.is/pcvonp.pdf
If anyone has any of the other Arcana, it would be greatly appreciated.
>>
>>17916754
FINALLY SOMEONE ELSE GETS IT!
OP you are great.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 4032x3024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 4032x3024
Does anyone know of compositions using these principles? Has anyone here performed or written their own music based on them?

>>17917708
Unfortunately I do not but maybe another anon can help

>>17918935
Wow thank you anon. Zorn is my favorite composer and I own the first edition but I will try to find some PDFs. The info is these books has been so valuable to me

>>17918950
I'm glad you are also in the know. It is rarely even discussed here although these connections are very obvious and pervade many aspects of occult knowledge. Feel free to share any other info/resources you know of
>>
>>17916754
It might fit in with dance magick, which is often just using the movement of your body in a trance-like ritual to project intent though that unconscious and automatic movement. Singing/humming in certain ways is a rather obvious technique, feeling the vibrations it causes within yourself and weaving intentions from them that become words can be used to do some pretty cool stuff, especially within one's self.

I'm not really super well versed in this kind of magick, or any magick really, but I have at least tried to practice magick involving music. I find it pretty easy to do, but I'm incredibly sloppy and spontaneous in my practice of it. I envy those with the dedication to go about making complex rituals.
>>
File: image.jpg (592 KB, 1280x870) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
592 KB, 1280x870
>>17916754
Slightly related http://www.thelastamericanvagabond.com/science/jamie-buturff-432-hertz-suppression-pythagorean-mathematics/
>>
File: VITRIOL.jpg (46 KB, 337x336) Image search: [Google]
VITRIOL.jpg
46 KB, 337x336
>>17916754
I performed a ritual esque thing(s) to ask for guidance in creating music. To declare my willingness to be a vessel for the work if needed.

I think my meditations are starting to bleed into my music though, I have felt a lot more creative. It hardly feels like I'm involved in the writing process to be honest? The lyrics are definitely occult based. They are turning out to be about alchemy, mainly.

https://soundcloud.com/brcklts/sets/mastered-instrumentals/s-gQ1CR here's what has come out so far, for anyone who is interested

Gurdjieff had some interesting views pertaining to this subject:
http://www.gurdjieff.org/werbock1.htm
>>
File: Dystopian Ascendance.jpg (46 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
Dystopian Ascendance.jpg
46 KB, 640x640
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqga-JY2U8E

Watch the video, it confirms what OP is saying.

If you cant see the apparition in the video then im not talking to you, yes I know its blurry its coincidentally been downgraded multiple times to make it harder to see the apparition.

Why silence instead of reach out? who the fuck knows theres an obvious conglomerate of autist who fear direct contact who would rather censor my work.
>>
File: 1460289255726.jpg (47 KB, 500x668) Image search: [Google]
1460289255726.jpg
47 KB, 500x668
Bumpo
>>
>>17921786
>https://soundcloud.com/brcklts/sets/mastered-instrumentals/s-gQ1CR

Only listened to the first one because I'm about to go to bed but I really liked it Anon.
>>
>>17921799
Why haven't you killed yourself yet, you insufferable, pathetic faggot?
>>
>>17921662
That 432Hz controversy is fascinating, and it's surprisingly hard to find good tuning equipment that's in 432.
>>
File: image.png (284 KB, 269x363) Image search: [Google]
image.png
284 KB, 269x363
Bump
>>
File: 1468522877726.jpg (513 KB, 923x1200) Image search: [Google]
1468522877726.jpg
513 KB, 923x1200
>>
>>17922208
I appreciate that anon. Can't lie and say it hasn't been an uphill struggle to motivate myself, but it's always worth it
>>
File: image.jpg (350 KB, 1024x683) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
350 KB, 1024x683
>>17921786
Thanks for the link, first time reading Gurdjieff’s writings.

Also really diggin Sulpur but they are some serious jams. Two piece band or do you play it all yourself?

I mess around with noise and improv stuff, do live performances and home recordings

https://nessau.bandcamp.com

Anyone else who plays feel free to post your music
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.