[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are there spooky stories from italian territory?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: FB_IMG_1465939674275.jpg (8 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1465939674275.jpg
8 KB, 480x360
Are there spooky stories from italian territory?
>>
Poveglia
>>
>>17913000
the whole country is full of italians
>>
>>17913000
>Are there spooky stories from italian territory?
yes! Vatican and the fucking pope
>>
>>17913215
Kek'd
>>
Yeah I heard a horror story about a restaurant that served bad pasta, and the wine was bad too. Still sends chills down my spine when I think about it.
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leonarda_Cianciulli
>>
>>17913215
>the whole country is full of migrants
Fixed that for you
>>
>>17913000
I'd imagine Rome must be haunted as fuck. So many people lived and died there. Also Poveglia Island like the anon above said.
>>
>>17913716
Romefag here

Meh. If you're looking for something spooky you could try the early christian catacombs.

Also, check out the relics of the saints, if I recall properly in Palermo they show sometimes the patron of the city, Santa Rosalia, which is essentially a stuffed mummified girl.
>>
>Italians exist

There's your spoopy story from the italian territory
>>
>>17914672
See that and raise you

http://adventureswithsarah.net/santa-lucia/
>>
There are many ghost stories, mainly around the most ancient medieval castles, see for example Azzurrina (scared the shit out of me when I was a child).
Stories about paedophiles and shady things going on inside Vatican.
Poveglia of course; also, I live in Veneto and many rural areas are told to be places where satanic cults meet, you can hear about people getting ran after or assaulted if they get too close to these places, or even finding human chopped limbs.
There are many legends about evil or good spirits/creatures innawoods, particularly for what concerns the Belluno area and the Asiago's plateau (Aguane, Mazzariol, Cazza Selvarega...).
Also the general hidden power held by Mafia, Camorra, etc. on the whole country is pretty spoopy.
I'll tell you more if I remember about it.
>>
>>17913000
Almost every city has a ghost called "dama bianca" (white lady).
It is usually the sad ghost of a girl who lost her love and committed suicide.
>>
>>17913878
this, check out early roman catholic catacombs and stuff. those are very very interesting.
also naples has some really freaky old cellars and houses. And theres always sicily with all kinds of crazy ass ghost stories told by old italian grandmas.
>>
A lot of pretty fucked stories about witch hunts in the middle ages, example:

"The benandanti ("Good Walkers") were members of an agrarian visionary tradition in the Friuli district of Northeastern Italy during the 16th and 17th centuries. The benandanti claimed to travel out of their bodies while asleep to struggle against malevolent witches (streghe) in order to ensure good crops for the season to come. Between 1575 and 1675, in the midst of the Early Modern witch trials, a number of benandanti were accused of being heretics or witches under the Roman Inquisition, and their beliefs assimilated to Satanism.

According to Early Modern records, benandanti were believed to have been born with a caul on their head, which gave them the ability to take part in nocturnal visionary traditions that occurred on specific Thursdays during the year. During these visions, it was believed that their spirits rode upon various animals into the sky and off to places in the countryside. Here they would take part in various games and other activities with other benandanti, and battle malevolent witches who threatened both their crops and their communities using sticks of sorghum. When not taking part in these visionary journeys, benandanti were also believed to have magical powers that could be used for healing."
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benandanti
Other interesting stuff I never heard about here:
https://it.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Folclore_d%27Italia
>>
>>17913000
>>17916182
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.