[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello /x/ I'm looking for books that teach systems of magick
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: 1334455388.png (153 KB, 400x397) Image search: [Google]
1334455388.png
153 KB, 400x397
Hello /x/ I'm looking for books that teach systems of magick that are similar in style to Modern Magick by Donald Kraig or Liber Null and Psychonaut by Petter Carroll or anything similar that would be useful
>>
>>17909704

In what way are those two books similar?
>>
>>17909704
Neither of those texts actually teach their respective systems, though. They're pretty well bare bones introductions to the concepts expanded inside the literature of the current.

Anyway, I have a library, been keeping it for a few years now. The vast majority of material published (and sometimes not publused) in Thelema and Chaos are represented in it:
https://mega.nz/#F!AE5yjIqB!y7Vdxdb5pbNsi2O3zyq9KQ!UNo1VTwA
>>
>>17909720
>>17909728
I think I may have been missunderstood I'm not referring to those systems in particular the thelema/golden dawn, chaos but I'm referring to the way the books are written in a lesson style format that's engaging
>>
>>17909748
1) Stop reading beginner's material.
2) Start reading the materials in my library.
3) Pick some practices to begin experimenting with.
4) ???
5) Magick.
>>
>>17909748

Magic for Dummies?
>>
>>17909762
Okay let me be honest the only value your library has is that it compiles all the books, papers, thesis, and ramblings of the greater majority of practitioners who have made a name for themselves now that being said I'm not asking for strictly beginner text I'm asking for books in a specific writing style and since you clearly can not help me with that do to the fact that your library is everything I've already seen and known about since 2009-2010 its not shit info its just common info if you have google.
>>
>>17909783
The Yorke Microfilms are not commonly searchable with google, nor some of the Equinoxes, or other materials I've yanked from private trackers.

If you want step by step high-school reading level instruction but have already read everything in these currents and can't find any what exactly is the question?

Mirror of Simple Souls is a step by step process. So is Dragon Book of Essex. So is Kalachakra Tantra. So is Magical and Mystical System of the A.'.A.'. So is The Awakening Ground (when it drops).

Clearly you've not been reading the "everything I've already seen and known about since 2009-10" too carefully.
>>
>>17909804
>>17909783
Y'know what, Beriteaux's Voudun Gnostic Handbook might actually fit your bill.

If you've not already looked at that one too, that is.
>>
>>17909807
>Y'know what, Beriteaux's Voudun Gnostic Handbook might actually fit your bill.

Aren't we missing some vital parts with this one?
>>
>>17909856
A-are we? Thought I had a full copy, been a long while since I checked.
>>
>>17909862

Maybe yours is complete. I haven't looked. The published version, from back in the day, was missing illustrations and possibly more.
>>
>>17909704
Those books aren't similar at all.

Modern Magick has recommended reading for each lesson, so I would suggest starting there with whatever lesson most appealed to you.

You might want to give Prometheus Rising a shot if you like Liber Null. Condensed Chaos, Oven Ready Chaos, and Hands on Chaos are good too.
>>
>>17909704
orig09.deviantart.net/f231/f/2015/277/1/5/the_psychonaut_field_manual_third_pdf_edition_by_bluefluke-d8rjuxc.pdf
this might be something for beginners
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.