[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
LHP Questions
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 2
File: 1467012660740.jpg (43 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1467012660740.jpg
43 KB, 500x500
Will answer any Left Hand Path questions you may have to the best of my knowledge. Part of two LHP groups, one hierarchical, one not. Bring on the hatred, "edgy", disbelief, and prayers.
>>
>>17909161
Are chaos mages welcome?
>>
>>17909166
Sure
>>
>>17909172
Fuck you, you can't kick us o—What?
>>
File: comfy.jpg (73 KB, 601x601) Image search: [Google]
comfy.jpg
73 KB, 601x601
Can you be more specific about what LHP philosophies/systems/currents/whatever you're into brother?
>>
>>17909203
Currently working with Temple of Ascending Flame and the Order of Phosphorus as far as organized groups go, and have a fairly extensive personal library. In big part Luciferian, but to be more specific I work with mostly individual deities (If I work with any at all) with a focus on the exploration of my subconscious. It's hard to exactly pin down my associations, is there a specific system/philosophy you belong to or have an interest in?
>>
>>17909199
Why wouldn't you be welcome here?
>>
>>17909219
I don't belong to any groups or anything like that.
I'm fascinated by ANYTHING LHP, so I'm hoping I'll find something new to study in this thread.

If I have to narrow down my personal interpretation I'd say:
>theistic gnostic luciferian
>>
>>17909219
Huh, never heard of these Ascending Flame fellows before, I've already found something new.
Neat.
>>
>>17909225
I'm basically working in the same way right now. I guess to start off the conversation I'll bring up the Qlippoth (Qliphoth), because that's what I've been working with lately. Or you could tell me about your experience and I can make recommendations. I'm currently working on a LHP book, however I have no plans to publish it
>>
>>17909233
I thoroughly enjoy ToAF work, they are the non-hierarchical group so its mainly projects that we do on a scheduled independent basis and the top members compile the best info gathered and present it to the rest of us, either in private pdf or sometimes even in book form.
>>
>>17909234
My qliphothic work (or however the fuck that's spelled), arose from study of the current 218.
So if you're not going to publish, what's it for? Friends/family type thing?
>>
>>17909243
Basically to have my experience down on paper, but also for the couple loosely grouped together students I have, as well as a few friends and my mother.
>>
I practice a slightly altered form of hoodoo. I'm just interested in the draw to the philosophy here. Moreso because I think I may be missing the point of the general LHP thing. Guess I'm just curious as to the reason why.
>>
>>17909250
Sweet.
What's the subject, if you don't mind me asking?

>>17909251
Me personally, It's just something I always felt, way deep down inside.
I didn't know there was a word for it, or an entire field of study devoted to it until I was about 12 and finally got access to the (at least to the curator at the time) good parts of the family library, where I found a copy of Lavey's bible.
>>
>>17909251
I actually started my studies with hoodoo, I'm guessing you are using the Gnostic Workbook? The first ritual in there is mostly what I used, but that one still works to this day (or would, if I chose to use it.) A general reason behind following the LHP is to draw strength from ourselves; a more specific reason would be to delve the depths of the human mind by asking questions, serious introspection, brutal self-honesty, and experimentation with the so called "forbidden".
>>
>>17909256
This is >>17909250
The book will be divided in the traditional 5 sections of the 5 elements, so each section will cover a slightly different form of information, but the overall book is going to be a mostly general introduction to the LHP from my own viewpoint, as well as specific meditations, ritual structures, and deities (or deific masks). So it would be like an entry level occult book, while separate books for more specific subjects being produced later.
>>
>>17909262
That sounds pretty bad ass.
If you ever decide to release it to anons, I'd love to stick a copy of it in my library.
>>
>>17909161
This is the third time I've seen this quote within the past week. Weird.
>>
>>17909256
Huh, neat just kinda knew. Well I'm glad things worked out for you.

>>17909257
Not really, my family was heavily involved with some bizarre jewish mysticism/animist stuff. My grandmother something similar to a vodun before converting to Christianity. So I kinda learned most of what I know from her. Books and articles were secondary. Interestingly enough though, the reason I started following in her footsteps was to draw strength from myself. Maybe I indentify with LHP more than I thought.
>>
>>17909266
I'd be happy to give it to anyone interested, if you come on /x/ a lot I could always make a post about how to obtain a copy, if not, then I'm not really sure how I could get it to you. But I am interested in having someone I don't personally know read it. Actually, right now I'm under the pseudonym Chasek Moth, so if you're on amazon and see that name, I imagine it will most likely be me.
>>
>>17909271
This is >>17909257

I find a lot of people these days who are surprised at just how much they resonate with the LHP. It's cool that you have a family member who has experience with any form of magick, especially one who has been doing it for a long time.
>>
>>17909274
I'm here a lot, if you make a thread or whatever I'll probably see it.
>>
>>17909279
Cool. A current project I'm working on is taking up the habit of cigarettes in order to quit them as a willpower/indulgence exercise. I'm about two months in, so after one more will be my quitting time.
>>
>>17909294
Interesting, but I'm not sure if that really relates to people who have smoked for like 20 years or something.
>>
>>17909277
Yeah, my grandma is badass. Pretty sure she sold my soul before I was born, but whatever. Shit happens. She taught me how to protect myself from things so I guess it's a more or less even trade-off. She's SUPER Christian now though. Apparently crazy foreign-born witch ladies made people uncomfortable in ww2 era America. Now I want to know though, how does the self-empowering work in LHP? I kinda invoke myself and my memories to keep myself strong. I'm just wondering if it's a similar process.
>>
>>17909296
No of course not. The idea isn't necessarily how to quit, its more about developing an indulgence/addiction in order to break it as a matter of strict willpower
>>
>>17909299
Essentially yes, it is a similar process. The fact that you are invoking or relying on yourself is a great step in the LHP direction. But the self-empowering comes from what I stated above, about brutal self-honesty and exploration. Its learning to stand on your own two feet (to chistian people it would be a denial of the "saviorhood" of any exterior entity, i.e. god or deific mask). I work with deific masks that I feel are either theistic or atheistic, depending on my state of mind, however I would never bow to any in any regard besides merely respectful, acknowledging my own ignorance. A big way towards self-empowerment is taking up different forms of meditation, most specifically meditating on nothing (having no thoughts) as well as dark kundalini meditation
>>
>>17909306
Fair enough.

Have you done much of that kind of thing?
>>
It's usually written HPL, you stupid fuck; Howard Phillip Lovecraft
>>
>>17909325
Yea, selecting and subsequently giving up a bad habit is pretty common among practicioners, while enforcing habits you want to have
>>
>>17909315
Yeah, alright. I can kinda dig that. I don't meditate in the traditional sense. I do go on "shadow walks" though. It's kinda like Native American spirit journeys only different. You don't go to meet deities or gods or spirits. You go to lose everything but yourself. And then you venture into yourself. You have to face yourself and the things you don't want to believe about yourself. I have abstained from this as of late, because I'm too chaotic to handle myself. I quite literally can't afford to rip myself a new one right now. My grandma always said to not let anything else in. And to repel it. It's strange how ideologies sometimes match up in ways.
>>
>>17909330
What sorts of habits have you done that with, if you don't mind me asking?
>>
>>17909338
I'd say you are well on your way to the LHP. However, the idea to "not let something in" seems to stem from dark age superstitious grimoires. Literally anything you believe is whats going to dictate your reality, for good or ill. I'm not afraid to take responsibility (because essentially I can't as well as wanting to push self-respect and so called enlightenment on people) when I say to experiment.
>>
>>17909353
I don't mind at all. As I mentioned there is drinking, as well as women. Really anything can be an indulgence, but it's going to be different for each individual, such as food or hard drugs. I've tried both, but neither caught on as an "addiction" for me.
>>
>>17909355
Well, I'm interested. Do you have any suggested reading for me? And it actually comes from Old Testament Biblical era Aryan/Jewish mysticism. At least in this case. What with all the Nephil and rouge angels and false gods and not even being able to look at the box that houses YHWH because infinite wrath and shit. Pretty much total extraplanar xenophobia.
>>
>>17909371
I suggest starting with something like Liber Null and Psychonaut, it's a great intro into a different way of thinking and gives some basic practices that you can apply to both the left and right hand paths. From there I would direct you to Michael W. Ford books, specifically Book of the Witch Moon and Bible of the Adversary. Afterwards to get a little more involved (MWF has many books however) I'd say do an amazon search of Asenath Mason and/or Edgar Kerval. At this point you'll start getting into lesser sold editions, such as books with limited numbers of copies. And an "extraplanar xenophobe" can operate just fine within the LHP traditions, in fact, its almost a staple of thought.
>>
>>17909386
Well thank you. This has been an informative conversation. It looks like I've got some reading to do. I do have another question though. I was wondering if there's a similar idea in LHP about marking one's body for self-empowerment. I was taught that indelibly marking ones body also marks the soul. Thus I have a few tattoos for reminding me of my strength of self and so that I may stay rooted in my body.
>>
>>17909409
Well, to be honest I've never heard of anything besides tattooing sigils on one's body for empowerment, however the body itself is viewed as the ultimate temple, so exercise, working on your charisma, so on and so forth all add to your "power." As far as the soul goes, I, nor anyone else, can tell you if it actually exists so you have to decide that for yourself, which might tell you what you want to know. The last question is actually a pretty simple/common one; any picture that you can draw strength from on a continual basis, whether you created it or not, is in reality only helping. It's in that false reality spoken of by Christianity and such that tells you something natural (drawing on yourself) is in fact not natural and therefore not welcome. If you have a tattoo idea of that strength, man it sounds like a good idea to me. I have a few tattoos and none of them stress me out or anything
>>
>>17909427
Yeah, I know my tattoos freak Christians out. I have a large alchemical symbol for sulfur on my shoulder. Pretty much damning their beliefs. I'll gladly embrace their brimstone rather than give up all my personal convictions. I think the marking yourself for power is a cultural thing though. Comes from marking slaves if I recall correctly.

>tfw genetic ancestry of slaves, mystics, criminals and general antisocial misfits
>>
>>17909442
What is your ancestry?
>>
>>17909476
Aryan. Not stormfront Eurotrash bullshit. Like the middle east ethnic group.
>>
>>17909161
brraaap braap brap nothingnessssss
>>
>>17909492
Do you poo in the loo?
>>
i'd pay like 5 bucks to see old dead as dog shit charles buttkowsi and HP Nerdcraft whomp the living turds out of each other now that would be entertainment i tell you what lmao :D
>>
>>17909492
>india is now in the middle east
>>
>>17909735
>implying aryans didn't migrate to india from middle east
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.