[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I want to move to a state with thicker forests and a denser population
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 13
File: S2e20_bird_on_Bill_statue.png (2 MB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
S2e20_bird_on_Bill_statue.png
2 MB, 1366x768
I want to move to a state with thicker forests and a denser population of paranormal activity.
What states match this criteria?
>>
Oregon
>>
>>17907162
posted gravity falls as a joke, but is Oregon actually spoopy?
>>
File: 1468056474201.jpg (27 KB, 160x160) Image search: [Google]
1468056474201.jpg
27 KB, 160x160
>>17907162

>Born in Europe
>Will never live in Oregon, enjoy nature, spooky shit, weed and cute hipster girls

Please end it.
>>
>>17907177
could get most of those things in sweden
>>
>>17907155
UK
>>
>>17907190
some of the UK wooded areas can be pretty crazy
>>
>>17907177
Go to the Netherlands, or Sweden, or Norway, you live in Europe ffs.
>>
>>17907190
Not looking to leave the US.
Would prefer not to leave the northeastern quadrant, but am willing for paranormal funtimes.
>>
>>17907173
Washington's spoopier.

I recommend washington state. Try Sudden Valley, outside Bellingham.
>>
>>17907190
UK is great for cult activity, not the negative kind, just pagans.
I live in Yorkshire, there's a small Pagan community that meet on the moors often, don't know what they do but you can see their fires, all robed up and shit.
Might take a camera and ask if I can film their pagan shit. They chill at a Dolmen, quite picturesque actually, near a village called Yockenthwaite.
>>
Georgia is spooky as shit lots woods and swamps and savanah is huanted as fuck ...i heard Washington is pretty cool to with the natives and nig foot. I saw a ghost in SC once.
>>
>>17907201
that's pretty sweet. you should ask them but it depends what types of pagan they are, I live southeast and the pagan types we get are really solitary neopaganism types and don't like you even looking at their practices. I sort of hoped they'd be like those guys that meet at stonehenge, they're a friendly bunch.
>>
>>17907201
>yokenthwaite
Jim Jam Yaha
>>
Florida has a reputation for UFO sightings in coastal regions and Swamp Ape sightings in the Everglades. There's some old Native American tribes, but I've never looked into their lore. St. Augustine is the oldest European colony in the US, location of the Fountain of Youth, and supposedly a location of frequent ghost sightings.

Tons of forests and swamps to wander all over the state.
>>
San Francisco North Bay area. Benecia, Vallejo, Fairfield and especially Suisun City. Suisun is the most haunted place I've ever seen. Napa has some shit going on too.
>>
>>17907243
I'd literally rather die than live in cali.
>>
>>17907265

..why?

>Free weed
>Respect for art
>Many business opportunities
>Good weather
>Forests and shit
>>
>>17907281
restrictive auto laws,
restrictive business laws
restrictive and nonsensensical gun laws
mexicans... my god the mexicans...
>>
>>17907155
nome alaska
>>
>>17907155
upstate Michigan.
>>
>city people thinking forests are spooky mystical fantasy worlds
>>
>>17907287
So you've never been there, you're just a dipshit from some podunk corner of the country that believes everything he hears on talk radio.
>>
>>17907377
I spent a year living in some deep, deep woods as a kid. I don't blame people for thinking they're spooky.
>>
>>17907381
>So you disagree with me which means that you've actually never been there because nobody who has ever been to California could possibly have an opinion of it that is not the same as my own.
>>
>>17907401
I know you haven't been there because if you had your key objection would have been cost of living.

It's a much better state than whatever shithole backwater you come from.
>>
>>17907405
>implying i am the guy who responded to you and not just some random person exposing you for the autist you are
>>
>>17907381
>never been there
I live in NY and spent three years living in california, it's fucking terrible.
>>
File: harry1.jpg (140 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
harry1.jpg
140 KB, 1280x720
>>17907173
You'd be surprised at how much weird shit is in Oregon. Lots of tourist traps, mostly, but it's also good Bigfoot territory.

Though I think Washington has a wider spread of Sasquatch sightings.
>>
>>17907388
I grew up in the woods, creepiest things out there are rotting animal carcasses and abandoned meth labs/moonshine stills.
>>
Just move to Alaska. It's smaller spookier better America
>>
Oregon and Washington have nigh-impenetrable temperate rainforests. Washington is spoopy enough that even Twilight is set in its woods.
>>
>>17907989
>Twilight
>spoopy
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (152 KB, 1046x630) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
152 KB, 1046x630
>>17910024
>>
File: x157.jpg (177 KB, 863x960) Image search: [Google]
x157.jpg
177 KB, 863x960
Ohio River Valley.

Most haunted location in the country by far; Indians disliked it because of angry spirits.

Pic related happened there.

(1/3)
>>
File: x306.png (2 MB, 1870x2270) Image search: [Google]
x306.png
2 MB, 1870x2270
>>17910122
Michigan Upper Peninsula

Extremely isolated backwoods that are ripe in paranormal activity, go here if you want to find wendigos.

(2/3)
>>
File: x307.png (2 MB, 1870x1930) Image search: [Google]
x307.png
2 MB, 1870x1930
>>17910124
(3/3)
>>
new England area, Maine.
>>
>>17907676
Smaller? Alaska is over half the size of Continental USA.
>>
>>17907193
>netherlands
we have no spooky things/lore since most dutch are supernormies, we also have only one or two places which one could possibly consider 'natural', and the girls here are either fat fucks or untrustworthy as hell.
Netherlands is the most normal country i can possibly know of.
>>
>>17907177
>Born in US
>Will never get to move about Europe freely
>Will miss out on untold amounts of culture, history, and random strange
>>
>>17910159
If you can't find spookiness in Europe, you're not going to find it in the US.

Well, maybe in like West Virginia mountain clans, but you probably have some equivalent in Europe anyway.
>>
File: Cactus_san_pedro.jpg (3 MB, 3968x2976) Image search: [Google]
Cactus_san_pedro.jpg
3 MB, 3968x2976
>>17907155
Mississippi too spoop mmhmm . woods.
>>
File: serveimage(9).jpg (144 KB, 880x598) Image search: [Google]
serveimage(9).jpg
144 KB, 880x598
>>17907173
Oregon is literally the government's last bastion of command if something were to happen to the east coast.
The military bases here have such a huge amount of surplus communications equipment and sealed off underground bases it's staggering. Military air traffic operates in the region 24/7 and there's massive swaths of land nobody owns or has traveled in.

That said everywhere except Portland and Eugene are great. Both places are shitty hubs full of niggers and Californian faggots.

The area has extremely deep roots in satanism, the original KKK, freemasons, Illuminati, you name it.

It also happens to be where the government dumps a lot of the bodies of people that "disappear". You can go walking in most woods and find exposed human bones every few miles.

Don't expect something like Gravity Falls, the area they're in is based on Northern California.
Most of Oregon is extremely low-pine trees, sub-tropical plants, and bears.
Good lord do we have so many bears. Sturgeon too, don't ever go into the rivers.

The area between Roseburg and Silver Lake has some of the spookiest shit you'll ever see anywhere. I've come across piles of bear corpses rotting out in the sun, various different ritual sites for cults, two or three full human skeletons in the same place, abandoned military vehicles, ect.

Don't ever go without a good rifle and pistol.

Also stop by Crater Lake, it may not be paranormal but it's one of the most beautiful sights in the USA. I'm sure some cult shit has been done on Wizard island but the place has an extremely peaceful and restful feeling to it.
>>
>>17907155
Supposedly a lot of spoopy shit happens in Maine
>>
>>17910152
>>17913758

Do yourself a favor.

Stay out of the forests of Maine.

Stay safe. Stay sane.
>>
>>17910157
That's what I thought, too, but then I realized it's still smaller than the USA, so I didn't say anything.
>>
>>17913959
>tfw you know something is off and you know everyone else who needs to know it's off can see it too
>>
West Virginia especially the Appalachians. Lots of weird shit like cults and reports of unidentified creatures
>>
>>17907155
There is the hoh rain forest in Washington shits big
>>
>>17912987
cool fact about crater lake though, there are tons of bodies in that water. Also weird murders and shit. Pretty sure there's an entire plane in the water there.

http://thatoregonlife.com/2015/07/the-mysterious-deaths-of-crater-lake-national-park/
>>
File: Montana-Ranch-Evening_Fall.jpg (155 KB, 1600x811) Image search: [Google]
Montana-Ranch-Evening_Fall.jpg
155 KB, 1600x811
>>17907155
Montana reporting in.

All my experiences that I've posted on /x/ can be reviewed at mothdanmedia.wordpress.com if you're curious.
>>
Idaho reporting in, you would like Central Idaho, there are few people in the region and housing right now is at a good price as of now. It has mountains and forests, as well as a good number of lakes within a short drive. Beautiful landscape and mostly friendly people, except for a few far righters or just generally mean people.
>>
>>17912987
I remember when I lived in Ashland for a little while there was some bicyclist who was murdered by the middle school. He was stabbed 37 times and beheaded with a sword.
it may or may not have been one of the culty guys that hung around the cemetery.

not paranormal but was spoop
>>
I know someone who's a doctor that works near Ashland OR, but in the more rural areas. Evidently Cascadia mountain folk are not much better than the Appalachia mountain folk.

Washington is also pretty forested, but I'm not sure if it has the hillbilly subset of spooky like Oregon has.
>>
>>17912987
Why would the Government dump bodies in a woodland? Wouldn't they have access to incinerators and shit, to properly dispose of that stuff?
>>
>>17915058
helps fertilize the forest, its good for the trees and all. This is Oregon we're talking about
>>
Fuck Gravity falls was comfy
>>
>>17907177
>>17907193
>Tfw living near in a Swedish Ghost hotspot
Should i go some day.
>>
>>17907422
California is a big place man
>>
>>17916586
you're right, southern california is the worst, northern just has to deal with that baggage
>>
>>17916586
(for you)
>>
If you're into nature, it's hard to beat California. It's one of the most environmentally diverse regions on the planet. It has it all: awesome rivers, coastlines with many different environments in their own right, spectacular mountains, forests, temperate redwood rainforests, mountains, deserts (including the mojave / death valley, which are absolutely gorgeous), oak savannas very similar to Africa (and even had fauna similar to Africa in prehistoric times.) The people are as diverse as the landscape: L.A., Silicon Valley, and San Fran are a small part of California. If you favor a conservative culture the cities and towns east of Sacramento extending into the foothills tend to be that way. Sacramento itself is a bit liberal but rather centrist compared to L.A. or San Fran. Plus in adjacent states are much more geographic splendor.
>>
File: redw25085.jpg (86 KB, 926x401) Image search: [Google]
redw25085.jpg
86 KB, 926x401
>>17917167
Just to color in some details I'd recommend at least visiting the redwood forests in California. They're fucking spectacular, it's where the Endor scenes in Return of the Jedi were filmed. Had a backpacker friend who traveled all over South America and he said that the rain forests there couldn't compare to the beauty of California's forests. lady bird johnson grove got particularly high marks from him.
>>
Any good paranormal shot in Chicago... I may move there
>>
>>17907177
what are you a fucking idiot?

enjoy your non fucked up food
>>
Gravity Falls is actually based off real places in Oregon and there's an actual place called The House Of Mystery. The lumberjack statue in the opening song is a real thing too. The Oregon Vortex isn't really paranormal but things there will messed with your vision but is really just illusions you'll see.
>>
>>17907208
Savannah fag here, it's a tourist trap and ghosts do not real.
>>
I liked the ride I was in with Gravity Falls. Ending was meh but getting there was really fun, with all the fan theories turning out correct and shit.
>>
File: 5392410782_38d5b5d2e5_z.jpg (325 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
5392410782_38d5b5d2e5_z.jpg
325 KB, 640x480
Pennsylvania. Forests everywhere ("sylvania" literally translates to "forest land"). Also the 2nd oldest state in the country and very rich in history, much of which is bloody. Tons of old haunted places everywhere.
>>
>>17919188

This, was just about to post about PA. Old ass state, everything is haunted. Everything. Lots of nature and cultural shit, old Pennsylvania Dutch influence, and the Moravians who are kind of interesting
>>
>>17907155
>>17907197

Haven't you ever read The Mothman Prophecies? West Virginia is the place you're looking for. The Jersey Pine Barrens would be another good spot.
Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.