[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Let's take a look at the paranomal side of the cognitive
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5
File: think!.jpg (40 KB, 322x373) Image search: [Google]
think!.jpg
40 KB, 322x373
Let's take a look at the paranomal side of the cognitive science.
When we open a program on a computer we can tell exactly what happened, where the program came from, how it is running, how to shut it down, change it and so on.

Can we do the same with thoughts? What about consciousness?
How can a biological combinations/reactions create these things?
Where did consciousness come from?

What if consciousness is some high being and thoughts are the command lines to control us?
>>
>>17906093
>What if consciousness is some high being

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C4%80tman_(Buddhism)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C4%80tman_(Hinduism)
>>
>>/prometheusrising/
>>
>>17906109
This just fucked more.

>>17906112
I'll read it today. Thanks, anon.
>>
>>17906129
>This just fucked more.

What are you trying to say?
>>
>>17906093
I think the difficulty with our minds is rooted in their organic plasticity. It's hard to know about knowledge when knowledge changes itself.

I've also wondered about neglected children recently and how their brains remain underdeveloped. I wondered if they are unable to express their experiences is this because their ability to experience is underdeveloped also?
>>
>>17906132
It just made me ask more question that I can't find the answer. So is consciousness me being a high being?
>>
>>17906158

That which is conscious, that which bears witness to 'reality', that is the "high being".
>>
>>17906158
Yea man consciousness sure is high af

Also you should stop looking for answers now, just questions that raise even more questions !

The day you'll have either figured all of them out or found them to need not arise in the first place, you'll be one wise motherfucker.
>>
>>17906173
What about instincts? When you act instinctively you don't think and you also don't use you conscious.

>>17906176
I can't stop asking these quetions now, bro.
>>
>>17906201
>When you act instinctively you don't think and you also don't use you conscious.

You're still aware, aren't you?
>>
>>17906149
Why it doesn't happen with animals?
If we take a child from it's mother and just feed it then it will grow and the brain will stay underdeveloped, but if we do the same thing with cat it will become a cat like every cat.
It will know how to hunt, hide, cover the poop in the sand and so on. Sure it wont be as good as the outside cat, but it will just know how to do things.
What if they lower beings share the same conscious like a "hive mind"?
>>
OP, check out this post here

>>17906229
>>
>>17906209
Am I?
Why in cases of Acute Stress Disorder, after some situation that people usually act instinctively they feel like they are not themselves or that this life isn't real?

I'm just trying to really understand this.
>>
>>17906228
A cat is a pretty good cat! I guess they don't have to cope with that ever present question in my mind 'who am I?'. That question, somehow a solution.

I think maybe there is a hive mind sort of thing, and the more we question the more we see of it.

If I spent my whole life only experiencing a dark room, how would I know anything else? I would be a dark room.
>>
File: a.jpg (70 KB, 403x504) Image search: [Google]
a.jpg
70 KB, 403x504
>Yet they say, The Lord shall not see: neither shall the God of Iacob regard it.
>Understand, yee brutish among the people: and ye fooles, when will ye be wise?
>He that planted the eare, shall he not heare? he that formed the eye, shall he not see?
>He that chastiseth the heathen, shall not he correct? hee that teacheth man knowledge, shall not he know?
>The Lord knoweth the thoughts of man: that they are vanitie.
>Blessed is the man whome thou chastenest, O Lord: and teachest him out of thy Law:
>That thou mayest give him rest from the dayes of adversitie: untill the pit be digged for the wicked.
>For the Lord will not cast off his people: neither will he forsake his inheritance.
>But iudgement shall returne unto righteousnesse: and all the upright in heart shall follow it.
>>
File: index.jpg (16 KB, 194x260) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
16 KB, 194x260
>Let no man deceive himselfe: If any man among you seemeth to bee wise in this world, let him become a foole, that he may be wise.
>For the wisedome of this world is foolishnesse with God: for it is written, Hee taketh the wise in their owne craftinesse.
>And againe, The Lord knoweth the thoughts of the wise, that they are vaine.
>Therefore let no man glory in men, for all things are yours.
>Whether Paul, or Apollo, or Cephas, or the world, or life, or death, or things present, or things to come, all are yours.
>And yee are Christs, and Christ is Gods.
>>
>>17906257
>>17906274
I don't consider myself wise in any way or matter, I'm a dumb fuck that like to ask questions.
The only thing I fear about death is that it will reach me before I learn everything I could possibly ever know and this makes me sad.
>>
Fucking magnets. How do they work?
>>
File: index.jpg (4 KB, 263x192) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
4 KB, 263x192
>>17906282
>Then saide Martha unto Jesus, Lord, if thou hadst bene here, my brother had not died.
>But I know, that even now, whatsoever thou wilt aske of God, God will give it thee.
>Jesus saith unto her, Thy brother shall rise againe.
>Martha sayeth unto him, I know that he shall rise againe in the resurrection at the last day.
>Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: hee that beleeveth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live.
>And whosoever liveth, and beleeveth in mee, shall never die. Beleevest thou this?
>>
>>17906247
>Am I?

Certainly seem to be.
>>
>>17906318
In Genesis everytime God do something the Bible says that THEY did it. John begins saying that Jesus created everything and He was there in the beginning. Was Jesus the one that walked with Adam? Was Adam exactly like Jesus? God said that Adam had become just like Them, then why did He ban him from Eden? The snake never lied, Eva fooled herself why did Him punish the snake?
>>
I'm not high enough for this bullshit...
>>
>>17906349
us, being humans.... (unless angels and demons know how to post on 4chan) ... really don't have all the answers... there are many things which we don't know both about the world, and God, and ourselves too

most Christians believe that yes, Jesus was who walked with Adam. Some Christians, believe otherwise, however (I believe it was Jesus)

Adam was not like Jesus, Adam sinned and He was "created" by God, but not "begotten" by God, like Jesus was

>>17906349
>"God said that Adam had become just like Them"
i think you're referring to where God says...

>"And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good & evill. And now lest hee put foorth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eate and live for ever:
>Therefore the LORD God sent him foorth from the garden of Eden, to till the ground, from whence he was taken.
>So he drove out the man: and he placed at the East of the garden of Eden, Cherubims, and a flaming sword, which turned every way, to keepe the way of the tree of life."

here, God is saying that Adam and Eve had come to know both good, AND EVIL... instead of just good. so human-kind had become like the angelic forces to unfortunately know evil, whereas God had only intended mankind to know good. as you can see here, unfortunately, God knew evil, whereas mankind did not

>>17906349
>"The snake never lied"
the serpent is lying when he says...

>"4 And the Serpent said vnto the woman, Ye shall not surely die."
>>
>>17906349
here is that scripture in context from Genesis 3:

>"Now the serpent was more subtill then any beast of the field, which the LORD God had made, and he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden?
>And the woman said unto the serpent, Wee may eate of the fruite of the trees of the garden:
>But of the fruit of the tree, which is in the midst of the garden, God hath said, Ye shal not eate of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die.
>And the Serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die.
>For God doeth know, that in the day ye eate thereof, then your eyes shalbee opened: and yee shall bee as Gods, knowing good and evill."
>>
File: index.jpg (9 KB, 241x209) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
9 KB, 241x209
i feel so much for people here in /x/... this picture here represents how God pulled me out of this world and taught me the paths of life... i would be nothing or far worse without God

i feel so much for people here on /x/ because sometimes i think God maybe has laid just a tiny bit of the responsibility of people here on /x/ coming to know the truth about Jesus Christ

i feel for people on /x/ because there is so much deception here on /x/, and God is so few and far inbetween... i'm only one person and i cannot really influence /x/ all that greatly but i know that all things are possible through God and that nobody knowing and trusting in God can go astray

just let you know that no matter what God will never let you down. this is tried and true, and has been throughout my entire life. you can always trust in Jesus Christ who will have mercy on you now and forever. this is the great blessing that our lives and our societies are founded upon (check out Psalm 136)
>>
>>17906403
Nice, bro.
Now what can you tell me abou what is concious or thought?
>>
>>17906425
i do not think that consciousness in the next life will be the same as consciousness in this life

however, did not the Almighty give us the gift of discernment?

i think that the book of Revelation has a bit to say about consciousness
>>
>>17906434
When you translate the genesis from the originals the "garments of skin" tha God gave to Adam and Eve is not made of animal skin, but human skin. Were we just conciousness? Is the body just a way to trap it and then kill it?
>>
>>17906482
that's ineresting... i've never heard of that before...

so if you take to interpreting it allegorically it could be like "the human soul was given flesh"...
>>
>>17906387
>us, being humans.... (unless angels and demons know how to post on 4chan) ... really don't have all the answers...

Yes, but some of us have experienced this pure consciousness at the center of our beings for ourselves.
>>
>>17906093
Selfreflection to the max
Btw... consciousness is the only thing that truly exists.
>>
>>17906093
Then brains are the interpreters, DNA the source code, and blood the hard drive.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.