[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anybody here know about the tree of life? The symbolic
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 15
File: tree of liv.png (98 KB, 935x1745) Image search: [Google]
tree of liv.png
98 KB, 935x1745
Does anybody here know about the tree of life?
The symbolic configuration of 10 spiritual principles (11 can be shown, of which - Keter and Da'at are interchangeable),

Jewish Kabbalah usually refers to the symbol as the 10 Sephirot, while non-Jewish Christian Cabala and Hermetic Qabalah generally terms it universally as the Cabalistic/Qabalistic Tree of Life. This metaphor derives from Judaic Kabbalah, though is understood less universally. In the Jewish Kabbalist view, both of the two trees in the Biblical Garden of Eden, the Tree of knowledge of good and evil and the Tree of Life were alternative perspectives of the Sephirot: the full array of 10 as seen respectively from the last Sephirah Malkuth, and the middle Sephirah Tiferet.[1]

From the Renaissance onwards, the Jewish mystical concept was adopted by some esoterically inclined Christians as well as some Hermeticists. Among the Christian Cabalists,[which?] the sephirot were also called Dignities, referred to by Latin, instead of Hebrew, names.[citation needed] Christian Cabala also places emphasis on Christ as Sustainer and Preserver of the Universe, and the Malkuth of Jewish Kabbalah is absent, as it is considered of a different order-of-being.[citation needed] Hermetic Qabalah's use of the Tree continues as a contemporary Western esotericism tradition, with alternative Esoteric Christian and Occultist emphases.

I think we can rule the earth if we understand it
>>
Explain these principles and how could we rule with this understanding?
>>
>>17905190
The ten Sephirot are a step-by-step process illuminating the Divine plan as it unfolds itself in Creation. They are fully found in the Medieval Kabbalah texts, such as the central work in Kabbalah, the Zohar. The Hebrew etymology of their names in Kabbalah is understood to refer to the nuanced aspects of meaning of each Sephirah. This direct connection between spiritual and physical creations and their Hebrew names, reflects the theology in Kabbalah that Creation is formed from the metaphorical speech of God, as in the first chapter of Genesis. Kabbalah expounds on the terms of the Sephirot. In the first complete systemisation of Kabbalah, in the 16th-century rational synthesis of Moshe Cordovero (Cordoveran Kabbalah), the Sephirot are listed from highest to lowest:[5]

Category: Sephirah:
Above-consciousness 1 Keter - "Crown"
Conscious intellect 2 Chokhmah - "Wisdom"
3 Binah - "Understanding"

Conscious emotions (Primary emotions:)
4 Chesed - "Kindness"
5 Gevurah - "Severity"
6 Tiferet - "Beauty"
(Secondary emotions:)
7 Netzach - "Eternity"
8 Hod - "Splendour"
9 Yesod - "Foundation"
(Vessel to bring action:)
10 Malkuth - "Kingship"

They are each energy sources inside of our body. Each of us naturally use some of them. But we dont realize that we can combine them all.
>>
They correlate with the chakras. It is relevant from what I know.
>>
It's a visual graph of how each of those psychological states are related to each other. It helps you understand the"workings of your inner mind" and that makes it so, if you are good at it and if you want to do it, you can manipulate people from state to state to force them to be scared, accepting, compliant, rebellious, of whichever halfway in the mental maze you would like them to run across

It's evil stuff. I'm sure you will only be able to do it when you want to use it for good
>>
>>17905393
Its not evil stuff. Its all normal good stuff.
>>
>>17905393
"Halfway" was supposed to be "hallway"

But as long as we're talking about divination and synchronicity, I'm taking my typo as a sign that half-life 3 is confirmed.
>>
>>17905396
Just like Brexit was a victory for "ordinary decent people" am i right?
>>
File: 192px-Ktreewnames.png (62 KB, 192x358) Image search: [Google]
192px-Ktreewnames.png
62 KB, 192x358
>>17905165
>Does anybody here know about the tree of life?
Yes
Is there a question, or are you going to school us?
Without being disrespectful, what is the purpose of this thread?

>Jewish Kabbalah usually refers to the symbol as the 10 Sephirot
Your pic is the "Christian or Hermetic" Tree of Life. The Jewish (or Lurianic Kabbalah) Tree of Life is different.
>pic related

>also called Dignities, referred to by Latin, instead of Hebrew, names.[citation needed]
How much of this post is creepy pasta?

>[in the Hermetic Tree] Malkuth of Jewish Kabbalah is absent
[citation needed] since when?

>some esoterically inclined Christians
See De arte callabistica (1517 by Johann(es) Reuchlin (1455-1522)) available in English from the University of Nebraska press.

>Moshe Cordovero (Cordoveran Kabbalah)
see also Isaac Luria (1534–1572)

I'll stop here. I'm not sure what the point of OP's post is or whether any of this is OC

Have a blessed day

(Read the Sepher Yetzirah (Book of Creation) 3rd-6th cent CE attributed to Rabbi Akiva.The original is about 1300 words. The appended version is about 2500 words. Shouldn't take long to read. This is where it all really started.)
>>
>>17905405
I was just trying to have discussion hater. Its all off wikipedia.

>>17905403
Its not evil its just parts of our body like the heart,shoulder/throat,mind, weener.
>>
File: 180px-Tree_of_Life,_Medieval.jpg (23 KB, 180x247) Image search: [Google]
180px-Tree_of_Life,_Medieval.jpg
23 KB, 180x247
>>17905412
Not a hater, just don't like creepy pasta disinformation.
>>
File: 1467419114736.jpg (156 KB, 490x1000) Image search: [Google]
1467419114736.jpg
156 KB, 490x1000
>>17905165
where does neptune fit in?
i'm starting to feel like i only like kabbalah for the art.
>>
File: 1467515643760.jpg (43 KB, 388x736) Image search: [Google]
1467515643760.jpg
43 KB, 388x736
>>17905444
that said, i have studied it briefly to boost my understanding of astrology and tarot. i didn't notice until just now that there are three spheres above conciousness, just as there are three outer planets that represent cosmic awareness and can't be seen with the naked eye. it makes me wonder if that new dwarf planet eris is significant.
>>
>>17905444
On the Tree, it doesn't correspond to any of the paths. The 22 paths (and Hebrew letters) correspond to the 3 of the ancient elements (no earth), the 7 old planets, the 12 Zodiac signs.

In the modern age, Neptune and Uranus partially replace Caput and Cauda Draconis, the Head and Tail of the Dragon (the points at which the nodes of the moon touch the ecliptic). (First Knowledge Lecture Part 3).

>>17905476
Type "First Knowledge Lecture" into your search engine and start there. Don't just jump into it. It must be handled piece by piece or it will overwhelm you and never really make sense.

<pic not related
>>
File: Big-Bang.jpg (98 KB, 768x710) Image search: [Google]
Big-Bang.jpg
98 KB, 768x710
>>17905476
>three spheres above consciousness,
Or three veils of Negative Existence
Ain - Nothing
Ain Soph - Limitlessness
Ain Soph Aur - Limitless Light
These refer to the existence of the Universe prior to Creation

Alternatively [but not accepted]. they refer the the period of time between T0 (Time zero) and Planck Time.
Planck Time, 5.39*10^-44 sec, is when Gravity became a separate force. The Universe was 1.62*10^-35 m in diameter at the time.
>>
>>17905403
What do you believe happened with the brexit vote?
>>
>>17905561
Anon have you ever compared your pic to the Hellenistic account of creation?

You should.
>>
>>17905165
https://archive.org/details/OccultSecretsREVEALEDThePillarsOfSolomonRosicrucianAlchemyQabalahHermeticism

If you want to learn more about it.
>>
>>17905165
The real tree of life is a tree.

If you eat the fruit of the tree of life, you live forever.

The fruit changes every month.
>>
>>17905403
Yes, dissociating from evil people is a good thing, even if there's a temporary price to pay.
>>
>>17905403
It was. What would make you think the opposite? Why are you putting quotation marks?
>>
File: QlimateChange-NECH-EN-C-1E.png (355 KB, 309x450) Image search: [Google]
QlimateChange-NECH-EN-C-1E.png
355 KB, 309x450
>>17905165
that looks like this
>>
File: QlipperLaunch-MP15-EN-C-1E.png (357 KB, 309x450) Image search: [Google]
QlipperLaunch-MP15-EN-C-1E.png
357 KB, 309x450
>>17906705
this as well
>>
File: kabbbbbbbbaaaaaaallaala.png (1 MB, 1156x1508) Image search: [Google]
kabbbbbbbbaaaaaaallaala.png
1 MB, 1156x1508
>>17905476
This one has more spheres I never seen it before.

>>17905427
I was too lazy to write my own summary

I made this thread because im very ungrounded and want to know how to get to yesod and malkuth.
>>
>>17906819
>yesod and malkuth
You have to start at malkuth.
>>
>>17906829
Well there are some people who start at the crown. Its like people who are born socially retarded with creativity. Ive gotten so much better and now im at the last 2, I think I can rule the world once I get those 2. But without those 2 its like I dont even exist.
>>
>>17906632
Thanks im watching it. I like how he compares malkuth to a house that contains the energy. Without malkuth there is nothing for your energy to reflect off of so you basically arent participating in the world.
>>
>>17906833
You retard. Start by reading the fucking Zohar. And Sepher Raziel.
>>
File: elements.gif (3 KB, 237x123) Image search: [Google]
elements.gif
3 KB, 237x123
>>17906819
>want to know how to get to yesod and malkuth
>>17906829 /this

Once again
"Type "First Knowledge Lecture" into your search engine and start there. Don't just jump into it. It must be handled piece by piece or it will overwhelm you and never really make sense."

And to get a feel for where it all started, read the Sefer Yetzirah. (1300 words in the original (or later appended version (2500 words)))

Peace be with you
>>
>>17906846
Okay. Doing it. Can you give me any tips?

>>17906848
Okay thanks. Any tips for Yesod and Malkuth?
>>
>>17905444
I like the art too.
>>
>>17906858
>Can you give me any tips?

Read slowly. And by slowly, I mean that it's entirely fine and expected that you'll be reading these books for literal months, slowly absorbing and studying their contents.
>>
>>17906858
>Zohar
Do you think these books will help me? I dont even understand them. I thought I just need to drop my aura to the ground and ill be finished.
>>
>>17906881
Poow baby has to wead now, boo-hoo.
>>
>>17906891
I read stuff.
>>
File: zodiac.gif (14 KB, 408x347) Image search: [Google]
zodiac.gif
14 KB, 408x347
>>17906858
>Okay thanks. Any tips for Yesod and Malkuth? (Malkuth (The Kingdom to Yesod (Foundation))

Dude... You are way ahead of yourself. Start at the beginning.
>>17906848 /this (me)

>Zohar
The Zohar is centuries past after Sefer Yetirah and is a HUGE document. You'll be lost. You'll get to it soon enough.

"First Knowledge Lecture" and Sefer Yetzirah dude
>>
>>17906881
>aura to the ground and ill be finished.
No.
>>
Im watching videos about how to have a good belly dancers posture. I think this is helpful.
>>
File: tree-of-life-siobhan-shier.jpg (201 KB, 676x900) Image search: [Google]
tree-of-life-siobhan-shier.jpg
201 KB, 676x900
>>17906908
i finally read that document. what's the point of mentioning the elements, planets, zodiac, and hebrew letters? was it just to give a broad but vague idea of what it is like to be initiated into the afterlife? i would like to discuss this, because while i don't mind reading this several times it would be useless if i got the wrong idea and convinced myself it was true..
>>
>>17907213
What are you trying to gain?
>>
>>17907226
just an understanding, i guess. i want to know the purpose of kabbalah, and what people who follow it believe.
>>
File: kabbbbbbbbaaaaaaallaala.png (1 MB, 1168x1500) Image search: [Google]
kabbbbbbbbaaaaaaallaala.png
1 MB, 1168x1500
>>17907245
Its basically like chakras. There are significant parts of our body that give us certain powers. The purpose of kaballah is to master all of these powers. But its not really like magical powers its more like social powers. Not just powers but also increased happiness in specific ways. For example the center sephirot can give you a feeling of self love while the bottom right sephirot can give you more excitement and passion. The higher 3 sephirots give you mind related powers such as intuition and the ability to understand.
>>
>>17907259
that helps, knowledge for the sake of knowledge is ok but without a practical use i just feel like, well, what do i do with it.
>>
>>17907285
Yeah thats why I strive for this knowledge because I know it has power. But I recommend you stop reading those things they wont give you any power. Something such as untensing your posture in specific areas such as the lower belly can do loads more for you and its more practical.
>>
>>17907303
by "those things" do you mean kabbalah texts? i acquire knowledge when i do things, so i want experience. i want to experience as much as i can while i'm alive. i believe that is the reason why we choose to exist physically. i figure once i'm dead i'll know everything, or at least everything that matters, so i don't want to waste my short time as a flesh and blood being learning stuff just to feel smarter than other people, i want to do something with that knowledge. that's why i want to know what kabbalah can do, and then i want to try it.
>>
File: image.gif (5 KB, 225x285) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
5 KB, 225x285
>>17907213
> want to know the purpose of kabbalah,
All of these symbols outline a method of describing the Universe from creation until now. There are hundreds of symbols and thousands of terms you'll need to learn (memorize in multiple languages) over the next couple decades.
In a big way, WHY comes latter. Why will simply come to you and in many ways be up to you. This is your journey. I am no guru and I don't want to bias you. If you want to know, go online and look at commentary on the Sepher Yetzirah. I talked about it to provide some perspective on the Kaballah's origins.
Start MEMORIZING the material from the "First Knowledge Lecture". The Knowledge Lectures must become part of you. Like driving a car, you have to eventually just know it, not think it.
You must learn the Hebrew alphabet. You must PRACTICE writing the alphabet.
You're on day one.

First Knowledge Lecture...
100% accuracy.
First Knowledge Lecture
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.