[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Advice on tarot?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: The_World_Tarot.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
The_World_Tarot.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
I've recently impulse bought a tarot deck, can anyone tell me how to properly use it or link anywhere I could learn to?

Thanks.
>>
Go to /div/. They have resources and experts there
>>
As far as card meanings, that should be easy enough to find.

Of course, meanings aren't set in stone, so you'll have to take the circumstances of the question into account.

As far as actually using them, it's one of things that's best to not overthink.
Take an initial snapshot impression, and attempt to decode your impression, don't piddle the impression to death by trying to re-impression over and over.
>>
As far as layout methods, this is what I do for my own personal queries:

>hold the "essence" of the question in mental focus (not the words, the "soul" of the question)
>being shuffling until it feels right to stop
>Speak the question aloud, intent directed at the deck
>draw one card, with the intent of "gimme the tl;dr"
>if that makes no sense whatsoever, draw a second card with the intent of "clarify the first card"
>lather, rinse, repeat as required

Basically, I start with the intent of getting a broad summary answer, then if needed start 'dividing down into the subtleties'. There's probably a better way to say that, but I don't know what it is, that's just what I call it in my head.
>>
>>17903553
Thanks! Will do!
>>17903560
Thanks, I'll keep this in mind, I've ordered a book that matches the deck I bought so that should give me the meanings of the cards.
>>17903594
Thanks for the reply! What do you mean by the soul of the question? Also I thought you were supposed to draw 3 cards rather than 1?
>>
>>17903600
There is at least one three card method I'm aware of.

That one is more for looking at a complicated situation.
The way that one works is:
>past, present, future

I just don't usually have any need to ask that kind of question via tarot cards.

>soul of the question
I'm honestly not sure exactly how to word this.
Like, maybe I could say "think without words".
Or maybe I could say "the exact qualia the question invokes in you".
Granted, my senses are all cross-wired to hell and back, so I'm not sure how another person would experience this kind of thing.
>>
>>17903614
Oh, I never knew that there were different methods for different situations. I think I get what you mean by the soul of the question now, thanks a lot for the help!
>>
>>17903649
Yea, different layouts are specialized for different types of questions.

Anytime, friend.
>>
tarot geek popping in to say: GO SYSTEM!
the associations that an individual card can bring about can be 1) very separate and fragmented or 2) holistic and interactive. As you go along any system will naturally grow towards a more holistic understanding of readings, but what i'm trying to get at is this;
if you use seemingly arbitrary associations with each card (say, Lovers for Romantic Love and Amiability - not so random, but arbitrary from the point of view of the whole) the connections and relations that arise in a reading might not seamlessly intertwine, but might remain somewhat separate and hard to connect or very square (Lovers as significator, Death as an opposite force - this must mean the Death of Love!) Whereas if there is a mental structure that gives each card a fixed value that is stable enough to be reliable yet flexible enough to be organic (say, lovers as Zain, as Gemini, as ruled by Mercury, as aerial, as active, as a path connecting chokma and tifret and so on; kabbala is not 100% necessary but it's 99% recommended and useful). And voila, compared to above there is so much more material to work on; it's not just Love and Death that are interacting; it's Zain and Nun; it's gemini and scorpio; it's mutable air and fixed water - throw in the planetary dignities and you've boiled yourself a symbolic soup that'll confuse the fuck out of you and also provide mad enlightening rota moments! And the geometry, and the words that get spelled out, alla dat shit!
ps. i haven't done an actual reading for almost a year, just nerding up on it for now
>>
It's true that the deck you use must be gifted to you?
>>
>>17903818
Nah.
You can just buy one.
You sort of have to break it in, though.
That takes less time with a gifted deck.
>>
Try them on really simple thing in everyday life and see what happens like what will happen in your day etc or anything

Definitely not 100%
>>
File: rustig_guide.png (67 KB, 1305x609) Image search: [Google]
rustig_guide.png
67 KB, 1305x609
>>17903550
pic related to give you a start
this site has many decks so you can take a look and resources http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/
like someone said, check the /div/ thread for discussion and practice >>17902497
>>
If you prank with a deck it's spoiled?
>>
>>17903975
If use a hammer to hit a screw, is your hammer forever destroyed?
Tools are just tools man.
The actual magic happens in YOU.
>>
>>17903560
>>17903553
Yeah check the guide in the OP post. Books will tell you what the cards mean but if you just use a definition it's not divination. Interpret the card and mesh that with the "official meaning" to truly understand them. I got my deck 3 weeks ago and I'm finally ready to read. I put a lot of effort and energy into my cards and so far I've had nothing but success
>>
>>17903600
>>17903614

Here's 100, 3 card spreads!

tarotforum(.)net/showthread.php?t=169452
>>
jojo lucky land
>>
Need to actually read with a deck to git gud.
Yugioh cards are really easy but you need to be doing it everyday.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.