[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
is there a better creepypasta than this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 6
File: ted the caver.png (436 KB, 922x595) Image search: [Google]
ted the caver.png
436 KB, 922x595
is there a better creepypasta than this?
>>
>>17901260
Yes.
>>
>>17901260
Pen pal
>>
>>17901382
eh, that was okay writing, but the scope of it seemed way too constructed to be interesting.

maybe it was the general naïvete of the internet back in 200x, but ted the caver seemed more realistic than not.
>>
ted the caver wow fucking classic I haven't thought about this one in like years .
>>
I read Ted for the first time a few months ago.

I've never read a creepypasta that good before.

It's slow build up and genuinely believable details of caving, combined with actual pictures made the first 3/4 a really great read.
Unfortunately the lack of photos once Ted reached beyond the hole was where it started to fail. The ending was pretty predictable after a certain point and much more tamer than I hoped for.

Still better than 99% of stuff. 8.5/10.
>>
>>17901260
Nope, it's a shining light in the dark sewage of internet horror stories.

The 'early' 2000s were a great time, man...

Also, there's supposedly a movie of this coming out. You can look it up on imdb. Looks like shit, but I'd love to see it.
>>
This one:

A few years ago my roommate was involved in a gruesome murder. At that point, he had recently been involved with a small, now-shut-down site called Gravel. The website's slogan, displayed at the top of the homepage was:

"Everyone's gravel has to end up somewhere, so why not here?"

It's sort of a pun, everyone's 'gravel' being their whining or gossip or pointless updates about their lives; which was what most of the site was. My friend had sort of stayed in the background of the drama for a while, not attempting to get involved. Eventually, he did. He would spend nearly two-thirds of his day on that site, being one of those gossipy-types I really hate.

One day, he confronted me. He said to me; "Have you heard about what's going on on Gravel?"

"No, what?" I replied.

"There's a huge fight going on, and-"

I cut him off; "You're in the middle of it, I suppose?"

"Yeah, and whoever created the site is not too happy about it. Come take a look," he beckoned me.

He walked me to his computer and showed me his messages. There was one marked 'URGENT'. It read; "This is your final warning. If you attempt to continue this fight, you and anyone involved will have their gravel dumped. Signed, Gravel Dumper."

Kind of scared, I went on to Gravel Dumper's page, just to see what he had on there. All he had on his account were videotapes of gravel being dumped into a large pile from a truck. "Weird," I thought to myself as I viewed all of the files. Like I said before, the 'gravel' thing was a pun to gossip and similar things. But this was kind of odd. Was it a reference to the rocky material, or just an innocent pun? I brushed Gravel Dumper off as just another internet weirdo.

1/2
>>
2/2

Two days later, my roommate came to me, looking depressed.

"Well, I can't get back on Gravel. Every time I try to open the site, there's a message that says; 'Your gravel has been dumped.'"

"Did you get involved in that fight?"

"Yeah."

"Then I don't feel bad for you. You weren't supposed to be involved in that fight, and you didn't listen."

"Whatever, I'm going out to take my mind off of the whole thing."

"Okay, but be back soon though. It's getting dark!" I called to him as he slammed the door behind him.

Later that night, my roommate was found and reported dead. He was found under a three-ton mass of gravel.

-
>>
>>17901382
>Pen pal
Is it the "I don't remember much stuff from what happened... No, wait, here is an important and creepy detail that is totally connected to the creepy stalking, but I thought it wasn't connected, lol. Also the police is useless as fuck, a child disappearing under the same circumstances as a child who was nearly kidnapped before has probably just ran away or some shit, and the killer is some anticlimatic fuck we haven't met before" pasta?
It was kinda good in the begining, but endeed up yet another cautionary tale inspired by pedo-hysteria. 4/10, would not re-read.
>>
1 9 9 9
No one's even mentioned the most based creepypasta in existence? Enjoy your le spooky knife boi stories.
>>
>>17903341
>ripped off autismmantutorial
>>
>>17902271
>Later that night my roommate was found dead
>under a three-ton mass of gravel
>Later that night

Jesus that whole thing was shit.

>Like I said before, the 'gravel' thing was a pun to gossip and similar things.
And barring the unforgivable trainwreck that is this sentence, I doubt sincerely the author has any clue what a fucking "pun" is.
>>
well i like "1999" idk if still updating the story
>>
>>17901260
http://creepypasta.wikia.com/wiki/Surde.jpg

This one is one of the GOAT. Super underrated, it shouldn't be as obscure as it is.
>>
>>17902267
>>17902271
What the fuck was that!?
>>
>>17903809
>http://creepypasta.wikia.com/wiki/Surde.jpg
>my friend Jorge
>That's my name
Thank god the creepypasta was trash or I would have been mildly spooked
>>
>>17903809
>http://creepypasta.wikia.com/wiki/Surde.jpg
Nah that one's shite
>>
I've always liked the Harbinger Experiment and the House Job.
>>
>>17901260
This one from /x/ http://creepypasta.wikia.com/wiki/Anansi's_Goatman_Story
>>
Honestly didn't like it. Pages of bullshit build up for literally nothing to happen. Half of it could have been cut and it would have been the same. I don't need to read in detail about you going home every night, nor do I give a shit about the fine details of spelunking or drilling into a rock wall.
>>
>>17903857
i guess people just have shorter attention spans nowadays. back when i first read it, the detail to the caving experience and the two narrative voices is what made it believable and spooky.

you probably just had to be there
>>
>>17901260
where is the link you fucking nigger
>>
>>17901260
Is the 2001 date legit? When did the site actually pop up. Nails that pre 9/11 vibe well
>>
>>17904180
http://www.angelfire.com/trek/caver/
>>
>>17901397
That one was great but had a fucking retarded ending
>>
>>17903853
>Harbinger Experiment
Oh my god someone else likes this creepypasta as well. Sometimes I listen to a reading while making myself breakfast.
>>
I've always loved the stories "Dashboard Footprints" and "Waiting for Kyle" from the creepypasta wiki
>>
Is it some sort of twist that there is no real ending to the caving creepypasta? is that the end? really? that wasnt an ending, what happened? are we to assume that he never made it back to update?
>>
Sombrero wearing dinosaur. Seriously.
>>
>>17905143
>are we to assume that he never made it back to update?
yep. unfortunately, the tone is a little off—"i'll update soon guize, i swear!"—but that's the general implication: he went back into the cave and got murked by the dweller.

it made much more sense back in 200x
>>
>>17905143
There was an """actual""" ending released later one, but I'm pretty sure it was a dedicated fan story if anything.
>>
Penpal gave me some hard feels, On A Hill and everything else written by Michael Whitehouse is really good and I recommend all of his stories, if you want some high quality creepypastas.

I will say this though, this story scared me a lot. Listen to it in the dark with your headphones on. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUFyHScZWEY
>>
>>17905298
It was actually a complete rip off that ended in ayylmaos. Had nothing to do with the original Ted the caver, and the author was discredited for ripping it off so hard
>>
>>17905284
ah, that's too bad, I did a little research after i posted my previous question and found what you mentioned as the ending for the story, thanks for responding.
>>
>>17901260
Holy shit OP, I just finished reading it and it was amazing. Thanks for the referral!
>opisaprettycoolguy.jpeg
>>
can anyone remember that series of creepypastas that all kind of flow the same way
they involve finding weird mystical objects in weird places that is really dangerous and involves following a certain number of steps
>>
>>17907429
Never mind i found it. It's called "The Holders"
>>
>>17903817
Well why did you read it? You knew it was gonna be shit but you still read it.

Noob.
>>
The one about the guy on the train who ends up in a different dimension was a good read. Can't remember what it's called.

Summary:

>guy gets on train every day
>notices a strange looking guy
>decides to stay on train one day and see where he goes
>everyone gets off except him and weird guy
>passes some weird stations with weird looking deformed people
>weird guy tells him he fucked up
>starts shitting bricks
>gets to last stop
>can never go home

Anyone remember it?
>>
>>17907436
check out Gideon Keys as well
>>
>>17907543
"The Strangers"

It was a great one imo.
>>
>>17901260
I don't get it. Whenever I click on it, the image just gets smaller. I don't actually go to Ted's page.
>>
>>17902267
you mention that "gravel" is a pun twice. That makes it obvious that gravel isn't just a pun long before your big twist ending.
>>
This one's my favorite, especially considering the era it comes from.

Spooped I've ever been was from reddit's no-sleep thread about disappearances in USA's national parks and that shit about the stairs in the woods.
>>
I can't find it because all you faggots ruined creepypasta by flooding it with new shitty shit but I always liked the one about the thing that watches you and wants to lick or grab you whenever you read into something dark.

Like whenever you reach behind your bed or into your backpack.
>>
>>17901735

agree with this anon completely

Ted the caver is probably one of if not the best pastas i've ever read. helped that I read it alone in the dark as well, ending needed work but the actual pictures and shit? damn
>>
>>17907709

Those were good until I found out they were 100% made up, I mean obviously the shit was not honestly believable anyway but something about the guy coming right out and saying it was bullshit ruined it a bit, but it was a pretty good read for sure
>>
>>17907543
Actually its midnight neat train i love it too
>>
File: cutewaitress.jpg (40 KB, 403x383) Image search: [Google]
cutewaitress.jpg
40 KB, 403x383
I found this one to be very unsettling
>>
>>17902271
Lmao

fucking 5/5 story right there
>>
>>17909454
explain, i don't get it.
>>
>>17905298
The whole story was an adaptation of a short story called "terror in hupmans" cave which had an ending, it ended up being Native American spirits or something similar, still good as a story but I much prefer the Ted version.
>>
>>17909490
The guy fucked the corpse of the dead chick. It really isn't that hard to understand.
>>
>>17909490
i think the point is hat she was dead all along, and the post-mortem rapes were his doing.
>>
Borrasca is one of my favourite pastas. No ayyyliumaos/spooky scary skelentons pop out of the cupboard/goatskin wendigowalker bullshit, just plain old humans in a plausible, if quite fucked up, situation.
>>
>>17909454
Inconsistent trash.
4/10
>>
>>17903854
It's terrible.
>>
>>17909622
yeah but the police ruled him out as a suspect? if he fucked her corpse several times there should be some dna.
>>
>>17910321
thank you anon, great recommendation. you made my day.
>>
File: 1351052382511.jpg (17 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1351052382511.jpg
17 KB, 300x300
>>17910321
Just read it.
>MFW the end
Fuck you, that was good. Now I need to take a shower cause that story fucked me up. Couldn't even finish it.
>>
>>17910584
Read the last two sentences again.
>>
Ted the Caver was around long, long before people started writing mostly shitty spooky stories and called them creepypasta.
>>
>>17911623

you're gonna have to walk me through this cuz I still don't get it
>>
>>17912412
>cops think guy is innocent
>ask for DNA sample
>cops think it's just a formality and he'll be cleared
>dude actually fucked corpse and won't be cleared
>>
"No End House". Anyone?
>>
>>17902271
Holy fuck I laughed. The blunt ending just killed me.
>>
>>17910384
Story wasn't that bad, stop being a negative faggot
>>
>>17911409
>mfw the end
>couldn't even finish it

Things that make you go hmmm
>>
>>17913715
I got to the twist, that's what fucked me up I mean.
>>
File: ohbother.gif (1 MB, 200x180) Image search: [Google]
ohbother.gif
1 MB, 200x180
>>17902271
>Later that night, my roommate was found and reported dead. He was found under a three-ton mass of gravel.
why does this shit make me laugh
>>
File: 1463098811090.gif (2 MB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1463098811090.gif
2 MB, 500x281
>>17904424
>angelfire
holy shit, it's been a while
>>
>>17907543
im pretty sure thats a twilight zone episode call ' a stop at Willoughby
>>
I think you're right, Ted's is probably one of the best 'creepypasta' I've ever read (though I feel like it can't really be counted as pasta)

The Dionaea House was also pretty good, and I enjoyed Penpal. Even though it's kind of been beaten to death, the original Skinwalker story was also well done (Anansi's Goatman or whatever it was called)
>>
>>17902267
>>17902271
Incrediby shit

Congratulations
>>
>>17912507
Yep I know it. Didn't really like it that much.
>>
Dogworld
>>
>>17913678
It was absolute trash.
>>
>>17907543
Yeah something about a journal. Long as
>>
File: 1467817685083.jpg (6 KB, 300x200) Image search: [Google]
1467817685083.jpg
6 KB, 300x200
From what I remember Godzilla NES was pretty good,it was mostly well written with a nice atmosphere and the picture where nicely made.
But holy shit that end jumped the fucking shark and was stupid as hell.
>>
>>17903341
1999 was the shit man I remember when that was still being written I was always checking back on the wiki for updates. Underrated classic
>>
>>17910321
Great recommendation, Anon.
Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.