[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
RESOLVERO, POR FAVOR?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: denverhome.jpg (59 KB, 480x322) Image search: [Google]
denverhome.jpg
59 KB, 480x322
Nathan Greer, Acclaimed Author and Arriba Resident, Dies at 68

By Jeremy Sheen for the Denver Star
July 8, 2016

Nathan J. Greer, an author known for such works as The Monster Inside Me and Once I’ve Departed, lost a long-time battle with depression late last Wednesday and died of a self-inflicted gunshot wound. He was 68, and left a note saying “circumstances I was forced into.”

To begin his career, Greer started making waves in literature at the early age of 17 when he received the Pedro Nubes Award for Excellence in Young Authorship. His short story, Before Miro, explored a young man’s journey to find acceptance from a father he “never knew, but clung to.”

Not one to waste time, Greer finished one of his two most notable works, The Monster Inside Me, at age 23. While the novel never reached the main4tream, it nevertheless garnered a cult following which would become the basis for his audience during the rest of his literary career and life.
>>
Hot on the heels of The Monster Inside Me, Greer turned to poetry, releasing 6 volumes of work between 1973 and 1978. Said poet and critic Elizabeth Conpena, “His poetry just connected with people on every level. When I finished Volume III, Recollections, I immediately wanted to write to him and ask where he got his gift. His work just made you want to pick up a pen and do exactly as he did- when he was going to convince you of something, he was so effective.”

Eventually, the success of this work allowed Greer to move onto what is considered his most importa9t and all-encompassing piece of writing, Once I’ve Departed. The book takes place from the point of view of a m3n who is dead and looking over his life. Diane Chatterton called it “both mesmerizing and compelling… Mr. Greer’s mastery of metapho7 is unbelievably refreshing and frankly needed.”

Shortly after completing Once I’ve Departed in 1983, Greer moved onto short stories, but this new foray would prove quite temporary. Only 3 were published between 1983 and 1987, and after his last story was published he disappeared practically overnight, which among his fans caused some mayhem.

Young days being gone for good, in 2008 Greer sent a letter to the 0enver Star explaining that his absence was due to a ver6 serious bout of depression brought about by “personal circumstances.” He apologized to fans who he had “left hanging,” and promised that he would “try [his] very best to kic1 this damn thing, today or tommorow.”

On July 8, 2016 at 9 PM Gre2r’s body was discovered by a neighbor who was walking near his house. His funeral will be held on Monday, July 11, at 10:30 AM at Denver Community Church, 1595 Pearl Street in Denver.

Donations will be accepted by a local book club to pay for his gravestone. He has no surviving relatives.

4160372392 SUB AGE/FUNTIME.
ONE QUESTION, MANY ANSWERS.
CONSIDER BEG/END LET.
>>
bumping cause someone can probably solve this
>>
>>17900293
Solve what exactly?
>>
>>17900505
Isn't this a code?
>>
>>17900958
A code where?
>>
Many words have letters in them. In order the numbers are, "9,3,7,0,6,1,2," Do these mean anything?
>>
9370-612 is the postal code for a place in portugal but otherwise i cant find any meaning in the numbers.
>>
If you sub the letters for the numbers, 4=s, 9=n, 3=a, 7=r, 0=D, 6=y, 1=k, and 2=e. Maybe it's substitution based?
>>
>>17902752 Plugging those into the number at the bottom gets you "skyDareane." Progress?
>>
skydareane had no search results...
>>
Could sub be subtract? If so what is funtime?
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.