[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What would be key elements in a perfect horror/slasher movie?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: paranormal-activity-4-imagen-1.jpg (65 KB, 600x360) Image search: [Google]
paranormal-activity-4-imagen-1.jpg
65 KB, 600x360
What would be key elements in a perfect horror/slasher movie? I'd like details.

>Thanks
>>
>>17886997
I remember seeing some old post about someone being mad about how mad they were at how the characters were so stupid in horror movies, and thought that it would be much better if the characters actually did everything they could but still ended up dead or something. Sounds pretty gucci to me
>>
>>17887168
Audiences can relate more to real people, your fear, sadness, emotional connection comes from a well written horror protagonist being written in such a way that you are literally fearing for a friend.
>>
>>17886997
Removal of tropes mostly. No more 'the exorcist' style exorcisms, stop with the goddamned found footage, and the invisible force throwing someone at a wall or making them go up in the air then fall needs to die too.
This is a recent one, but for fucks sake stop googling the monster on a knockoff search engine
>>
File: bMkEbEz.gif (2 MB, 500x708) Image search: [Google]
bMkEbEz.gif
2 MB, 500x708
>>17887849
Another opinion of mine. Especially for slashers. Killing isn't nessecarily scary. You don't need to kill your entire cast in lame ways to establish fear.
>>
Imo a horror movie would have to be at least as long as the extended cuts of the LOTR movies to build suspence and take time to cover their bases/instill fear thouroughly. The setting would have to be an urban/suburban environment (see Scream/Halloween) and have a relatable plot element and cast (see Chain Mail/Saw/Final Destination). When it comes to an antagonist, having anywhere from one to five is prefered (see Sinister/Saw/Silence of the Lambs) and they must be able to frame an innocent person/not be immediatly suspected (see Scream Queens). There shouldn't be a protagonist because most "protagonist" characters are always whiny little bitches who gain the courage to save their last friend or some bullshit. The ending shouldn't be something where everyone dies because that isn't fun, maybe one to two people should survive (see Final Destination/The Shining). Score is the MOST IMPORTANT THING though. Without a good score, the movie might as well be muted (see horror games). There are a few more elements in making a good horror movie that I can't think of right now (aside from a good narrative) so feel free to add or change anything I said. Also, I know some of the movies I listed are pretty shitty, but I agree with a few points of direction they have.
>>
Sorta related, I think Tusk is the best movie of all time
>>
>>17886997
No annoying as shit little kids, period.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.