[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
In which Cryptids do you believe
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 9
File: cryptids.jpg (155 KB, 990x816) Image search: [Google]
cryptids.jpg
155 KB, 990x816
So I know that most or many reports of any cryptids are lies or imagination. but i refuse to believe that all of those reports are. There are just to many of those reports to all of them being wrong and i would wonder how many discoveries we would make if we really would be more openminded and investigate those stuff any further.
So in which ones do you believe and why?
im sceptical since i never encountered one, but i believe mothman would be one that i believe in, simply because there were so many reports of it mixed with other perculiar incidents witnesses reported about. big foot and the yeti could be a real one as well for the same reason.
so what are your favorite and realistic cryptids?
>>
where's the dogman?
>>
I definitely think there are some messed up creatures in the deep, deep oceans that we have never even glimpsed yet.

More traditional cryptids? I'm sceptical, but my brother swears he saw a big cat in the British countryside once.
>>
>>17886769
Low Country Lizard Man (aka Scape Ore Swamp Lizard Man) I believe he's ventured to other places in SC.
>>
>>17886769

Ogopogo
>>
>>17886769
Most of the nessie variants, big foot variants, thunderbird, and the dinosaur type cryptids of african nations like mokole membeb or whatever its spelled.

The one off things like mothman and the others seem very inconsistent and too science fiction.
>>
>>17886769
all of the native american ones, such as thunderbird and wendigo
>>
>>17886769
Bigfoot, wendigos, yes. Mothman, yes, but only his sightings before the bridge disaster. Loch Ness monster, maybe. I believe that Chupacabra and the Thunderbird are very possible as well. And as for sea monsters, they are likely. The ocean is too damn big.
>>
>>17886800

VEry likley, remember that up to the fucken 70's you could buy lion cubs at the local department store.
>>
>>17886777

'beast of bray road' is the dogman/men/werewolves ect.
>>
>>17888440

I live right next to bray road, nothing there but hicks.
>>
>>17886769
>Skinwalker
>Xtro
Do this sucka even know what a skinwalker is
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
I have definitely seen the mothman so yeah
>>
>>17889709
>Reply
can you tell us about your sighting?
>>
I live on a good sized ranch, hiked alot of places, never have I seen an animal I couldn't explain. Now ghosts or spirits and energies like I have encountered are completely different than monsters in the woods. Then again, I can't deny such beasts exist. Why would so many people have stories about them if they hadn't seen something they couldn't explain. Weird.
>>
File: bvs-dd-art.jpg (90 KB, 1200x630) Image search: [Google]
bvs-dd-art.jpg
90 KB, 1200x630
>>17886769
I think the only one on that map I truly believe in would be samsquatches. Their supposed territory is so vast and unexplored and with the number of witnesses etc etc it seems plausible to me.

But I do wish we lived in a world with monsters and heroes to fight those monsters. BvS UE rekindled that desire in me.
>>
I'm moving by lake Champlain soon. Anyone know some sweet champ facts?
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
Sorry i didnt see your reply, i left for like the whole day
Im the mothman guy btw
Anyways this was my sighting

>be me
>roughly a year and a half ago
>East TN (which i swear is true, i didnt even look at OP's pic until after i mentioned how i had seen mothman. I had no idea hes apparently known to be seen around my area. Which, ill be honest, spoops me out even more just thinking about it)
>friend and i were looking for a place to do the airsofts
>the A I R S O F T S
>anyways we thought that hill would be a nice place. A big open expansion of tall grass, surrounded by trees

(If youve been on that NOPE thread, this is the same hill under which i saw those orange lights)

>quite a beautiful place, as it overlooks the city and all that
>so we hike our asses up there
>we got to the top and as we were looking around and talking i hear this:
>WOOOSH
>SNAP
>CRASH
>i looked in the direction and saw a brownish-grayish colored humanoid winged creature zoom into the woods
>that "SNAP" was a sapling that was like as thick as a 2 liter bottle. Not exactly easy to break
>i puke
>"what the fuck anon?!"
>frantically pull myself up by grabbing the shoulders of my confused friendo, which, to a 3rd party observer probably looked like i was gonna give him a passionate kiss
>manage to throw out the words "come on get down [the hill]"
>we both book it home
Basically end of that story

>but wait, theres more

>a friend of mine that i met a while after that incident told me of his encounter with mothman, BEFORE i ever even mentioned the incident to him
>be lazyfriend (again, if you were in the NOPE thread)
>be riding bike around the neighborhood at night
(He does trials on his expensive ass bike so thats what he's been doing every night since he was in like 9th grade)
>ride past this old barn on his way back to his house, which is a literal stones throw away from it
>does this every night, nothing out of the ordinary

Part 2 in a sec
>>
File: image.jpg (4 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
4 MB, 3264x2448
Well fuck i tried to use the same pic of those two bikes and it said "duplicate file blah blah blah" so now i have to retype this shit again. Sorry for the delay

Part: 2

>riding past the barn on his way back to his house, which is a literal stones throw away it
>hears what he described as "what i imagine a pterodactyl flapping its wings would sound like
>whoooooosh, whoooooosh
>looks and sees the same thing i described, but to him it looked black (granted it was nightime)
>nopes it up the street to his house,drops his bike in the driveway and runs in
>grandparents and little bro are asleep
>after calming down, he lays down on the couch
> a few minutes pass, and he hears what sounded like something heavy lurching above him on the roof
>roof is metal btw
>he immediately makes the connection
>creeps his ass over to his lil bros room and tries to wake him up
>lil bro ignores him and continues sleeping
>guess it runs in the family (NOPE thread reference lol)
>after another few minutes he hears whatever it was lurch its way over and sit right above where he was
>as if it somehow knew where lazyfriend was in the house, despite being on the roof
>falls asleep, wakes up, all is well
>goes outside to retrieve his bike
>expensive ass bike btw. $2600, made out of quality shit. Not easily fucked up
>the rubber on one end of his handle bar had 4 gnashes in it, each about a centimeter apart
>hungry hungry mothman? I dont know

But yeah thats about all i got for mothman
>>
>>17889748
I used to think this way, then I came to x and saw how easy it is to make up a story and people belive it. Like this

>I live in a wooded area, lots of land, one night I saw a creature that looked like a gaint banana covered in fur run by, I saw it again tonight when it shit sweettarts on my lawn
And everyone goes
>oh my god I've seen this banana creature we call it jobber joe the sweettart shitter
>>
>>17886769
Of the ones shown, I believe in the Sasquatch, Chupacabra, Jersey Devil, & Mothman.
I also believe in the Thunderbird and Wendigos, but in the Native American sense.
Also, that "Skinwalker" is from Xtro.
>>
bigfoot is real and we're in love
>>
>>17886890
Why that and not the others? I thought that was just a tourist attraction.
>>
>>17890446
this, partially
it's easy to underestimate how much these things get under people's skin
>>
File: Champ.jpg (107 KB, 620x350) Image search: [Google]
Champ.jpg
107 KB, 620x350
>>17886769
I can't say I believe in any because I haven't seen any yet despite all my experiences with other things.

I would say I consider most likely to exist:
>Bigfoot
>Lake Monsters (like Champ in pic related whose photo was never debunked)

I am open to the existence of:
>Mothman (although he doesn't seem to be around anymore)
>Dogmen (because so many witnesses passed lie detector tests about their sightings similar to Bigfoot)
>Chupacabra
>Various reptillians and ancient dinosaurs existing especially underground

Not convinced of but interested in all the sightings:
>Jersey Devil
>>
>>17890446
Suppose literally every story on /x/ is completely made up and there's never any legitimacy to any of them. People only ever pretend to play along for the sake of spooks.

But then it comes down to you.

You, alone, unlike the rest of us, refuse to make up stories. You, alone, among a board of people that all conspire to tell nothing but lies, speak for truth. You, alone, anon, are unlike all the other anons. You, alone, are different from all of /x/.

Now prove that we don't make up these stories to hide the fact that we're all skinwalkers. Unlike you.

Honestfag.
>>
File: thunderbird.jpg (7 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
thunderbird.jpg
7 KB, 480x360
>>17887171
>>17887197
>>17887349
>>17890476

>thunderbird
Good one.

I really liked the Monsterquest on Thunderbird.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2D1vIm5f66A

Great sightings and encounters like the little boy getting picked up by a giant bird in front of his mom. And they mentioned a pilot sighting a giant bird which was so huge it scared him. They even got footage of a very large bird at one point. The skeptic angle was that people were judging size incorrectly because of viewing angles and stuff, a similar argument made against a number of Mothman sightings where they argued that people were seeing owls in the dark and imagining the owl was a giant monster instead.
>>
>>17890346
>>17890415
Crazy. I can't remember the last time I heard someone on /x/ say they actually saw Mothman.

Mothman was attributed to a single creature in the 60s but since then there have been other flying humanoid cases. "Batsquatch" mentioned in the OP's pic here >>17886769 was most famously reported in Washington state by a guy online who mentioned driving down the highway and seeing what he first thought was a black garbage bag being thrown around in the wind high in the sky and later realized to be a giant humanoid (like Bigfoot) with wings. Then there were some other sightings in the newspapers.

Interestingly enough Batsquatch was mentioned in another Washington location during Paranormal State's investigation of ECETI the UFO ranch near Mount Adams which I've been to myself.

Batsquatch mentioned @ 11:00

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CyS5NFt0Y14
>>
>>17891016
I don't believe in him; I can't see him.
>>
>>17890939
Saved
>>
>>17891103
Picture right here. >>17890878
Now you've seen Champ.
>>
>>17891043
That's justt a jersey devil, what the they actually look like, sorta like a kangaroo with wings.
>>
>>17888460
Yeah, but the Beast of Bray Road is in an area known for spoopy shit. Like the Avon Swamp Monster and Hell's Playground. The Southern part of Wisconsin has a long history of spoops. And they're spoops not from either the Nordic or German peoples that immigrates there a few hundred years ago. I'm a Wiscofag with an interest in local spooky shit. Also, there are a ridiculous amount of hillbillies around. Generally, not just Bray Road. Like the entire state.
>>
I don't see any reason why the Altamaha-ha couldn't exist.
>>
>>17890446
You may fucking joke, but Jobber Joe the Sweettart Shitter ate my dog, fucked my wife, stole my job, and made me his butt monkey. Now he is Slaver Joe the Sweettart Shitter.
>>
I'm fairly certain I've seen the bear lake monster before
>>
>>17891297
Seriously this. I can't tell you how many times I've seen a skeptic mouth off about some fantasy only to later realize that they were channeling truth all along. I doubt they've ever once thought about where creativity comes from.

Made up doesn't mean fake you guys.
>>
Mothman
https://youtu.be/b2G1tGh1fAQ?t=43m24s
>>
>>17886769
Bigfoot, but its less of a belief, and more of it could possibly exist, and I think it would be cool if it did
>>
>>17890415
type in notepad/text/wordprocessor first, copy-paste what will fit in one post, then paste the rest

have a great day!
>>
>>17890967
I thought a giant hawk that abman could ride was real but thenMaoris of New Zealand hunted the giant Ostriches they ate to extinction.
>>
File: image.jpg (32 KB, 800x445) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
32 KB, 800x445
>>17890446
>Jobber Joe
Goddammit, anon.
>>
I have had some down right terrifying experiences with spirits. Other than them, I believe in wendigos. I also agree with the other anon about all the possible sea beasts we've yet to discover.
>>
>>17895375
Once when I was camping in the woods, the wind became very strong, and I kept hearing my name with every gust of wind. Needless to say, we were out of there that very night.
>>
>>17886769
>turtle lake monster

I bet its a turtle
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.