[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone ever experience something where you close your eyes and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: 1462151984808.gif (213 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1462151984808.gif
213 KB, 500x500
Anyone ever experience something where you close your eyes and after a while you cant imagine anything in realistic proportions or sizes and everything is unrealistically proportioned? It makes you nervous or anxious and you cant focus on trying to make the images look normal again? For example, imagining a person and a chair but the person's legs are extremely long and the chair becomes tiny or something and you cant make them look normal again until you open your eyes and re imagine it. Upon awakening as a child sometimes I would feel as if I was a tiny object in a space that went on for eternity when I closed my eyes. Sometimes now when listening to really loud music my mind becomes cluttered with images that are unrealistically proportioned and frantic and it makes me feel almost high but it is very uncomfortable and I cant think of anything until I open my eyes again. Anyone ever experience this? Is it sensory overload?
>>
Yes! I Have the same exact thing however it doesn't make me anxious or anything. I wish i had some insight to what it is but I have no clue, Its pretty disorienting though I will say that.
>>
>>17886689
Yep! I get it too sometimes. It's pretty eerie, but mostly just annoying. When I get it I mostly just tend to try and overcome it. Force myself to "imagine" in a regular manner. I've never observed any circumstantial patterns for it though.

Why does it happen? Well, i think it's just a plain ol' brain-fart
>>
>>17886714
>>17886708
Glad to have found others who experience this. It is truly a spooky thing.
>>
>>17886689
I'm familiar with the later more frantic part you mentioned. It doesn't happen often and I'm not sure what causes it other than having my eyes closed. It's been caused by music a few times, other times while underwater, and most when I'm laying in bed at night. If I let it go on without opening my eyes, it seems to progressively get worse and I start to feel like my perspective is warping and my size is changing, all while watching these strange-proportioned images flip past. As soon as I open my eyes it all goes back to normal.
>>
>>17886835
Literally exactly what I meant, I believe you explained it better. I wish I had a name for this. I think there's been a few threads about this but I forgot what they called this phenomena.
>>
ITT: literal autism
>>
>>17886852
I'd say it's related to hypnagogia. What we're describing happens during a more wakeful state and has a different kind of persistence though, so I don't know.
>>
>>17886866
Yes me too
>>
As a kid, I would have recurring nightmares about an inconceivably long and laborious task, often manifested as moving grains of sand one by one. This would then slowly overload my psyche, manifested differently this time by way of balance ie walking a tight rope, or a spinning top that would lose momentum and fall over. Would often wake up panicked and dripping in sweat.
This doesn't happen so often now, but going back to the out of proportion idea, often if I'm listening intently to someone talking to me and concentrating on their face, I imagine their head shrinking massively out of proportion, sometimes to the point I have to fight back laughter, and then I have to look away, only for it to happen again seconds later when I reconcentrate on them
>>
Alice In Wonderland syndrome?
>>
>>17888476
Ah that's it
>>
>>17888565
>>17888476
After researching this shit, it seems like it can actually be dangerous. It can indicate viruses and tumors, I've had it my whole life which is kinda spoopy.
>>
>>17888856
rip in pieces lil guy
>>
>>17888866
I guess so.
>>
, I experience this same thing but I've never been able to explain it
>>
Ya I've had it. I used to get it a lot when I was a kid after I got really high, but I sometimes get it here and there still without substances. I used to be able to slip myself into that state when trying to fall asleep. Haven't tried in a long time, perhaps I'll give it a go tonight.
>>
>>17886689
I used to have a recurring nightmare like this when I was a kid and it gave me to this day the most extreme sense of anxiety I've ever felt. The more I thought about what I was seeing the worse it got.
>>
>>17888476
I used to have this as a kid, I would wake up and strart crying and screaming in the middle of the night and my parents counldn't understand why and I couldn't explaint it either.
After growing up it stopped completely, but recently, after having a panick attack due to too mucn stress I have been having it again fairly often.
>>
Yes. Alice In Wonderland Syndrome. Check it out. Happens to me all the time, but I can control it to some extent, or even cause it.
>>
>>17889036
Same with the waking up and crying, the same feeling.
>>
>>17886866
This happens to me and I am not autistic.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.