[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sorry to bother with something personal, but I'm in need
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
File: energy.jpg (10 KB, 214x300) Image search: [Google]
energy.jpg
10 KB, 214x300
Sorry to bother with something personal, but I'm in need of some help. How do you guys restock on energy?? Lately I've been helping my mother getting out of an abusive relationship plus having some other personal issues and it's really draining me. I don't feel necessary sad but I feel really low on energy, everytime I see her and have a conversation about this I end up pretty weak...
What can I do to feel better??? I try to keep these things out of my mind as long as it's not necessary to give her my support, I'm going to eat a super veggie meal right now and I'm burning a lot of incense, but it seems it's not enough. What do you guys do in these situations???

Thanks /x/!
>>
>>17883816
Relaxing music and sleep, in that order.
>>
Good karma. Do good deeds not for your own sake, and stay out of trouble. Life a simple dharmic lifestyle as well. It doesn't have to be austere, just keep things in front of you and on point instead of chasing after fleeting sensory distractions left and right.

Do this and you not only become an accumulator of focused energy, your mindfulness becomes enhanced as a result, further keeping you from making bonehead moves in life. Also nothing can latch onto you and drain your energy or mood. If you want to get metaphysical, you literally become too hot to handle: so now you not only have energy, you also have an increased sense of space and freedom to move about.
>>
Make a conscious decision to stop being a low-energy weakling. Energy begets energy. Work out and put yourself first, don't let psychic vampires leech off of you. Once you become less of a mewling weakling, seek out other high-power people and don't leech off of them with your problems and issues, seek to build on each other's strengths.

Stop parenting your own mother for fuck's sake. Give her advice and leave it at that - here's some resources to help you, but you have to do it yourself, I ain't your daddy/mommy, good luck. Point the way, don't fucking carry her to where she needs to go like a useless sack of potatoes - that's why she's in an abusive relationship in the first place.

You aren't responsible for anyone else but yourself and your children, and your responsibility to them is to build their character and provide a good environment so that they can become responsible for themselves in turn. You don't owe your life to your children, having children shouldn't be the entirety of your whole fucking life.

The most important thing is physical exercise, the mind and body are one, if you want mental energy you need physical energy. Go outside for walks, go to the gym for weight training, engage in intensive cardio such as cycling or swimming.

CAPCHA: select all images with mountains.
>>
>>17883921
Thanks, putting some John Frusciante on right now.

>>17883949
I don't fully understand though. I think I'm doing good on that sphere, but dealing with these shitty energies is putting me off. I don't know how to express it, but I feel a bit weak after helping, like I'm eating her problems or giving too much energy or dealing somehow with this dark abusing guy is tainting my peace.
Though maybe that's not staying out of trouble. I'll try not to give more than I can anyway... but sometimes I need a boost... Is there some kind of breakthrough when doing too much good makes me invulnerable to bad stuff? Sorry for the clumsy expression, my english is not that good.

>>17883960
Thanks for reminding me that mind and body are one... I've been a bit sick (probably because of all this) and haven't been able to do much exercise lately. I usually do a lot of sport but I'm not feeling good enough right now... I guess I'll have to break the circle and start again. I really miss soccer, damn.

And I know I'm not responsible for her. I'd just like to help. She's alone and I really feel my support is a big help to her. At least enough so she can get on her feet and fight for herself... Being abused physically and mentally can really fuck up your mind, so I'm trying to lend a hand there...
>>
>>17883816
i'm not sure where you live, but i always think that as much contact as you can have with the raw elements will give you additional energy and ground anything that's negative. working out is a good idea, and so is just taking a nature walk, spend time with animals, swim, go to a beach, anything you can do outdoors.
even if you have some spare time, just sit outside and read or something under the sun.
>>
>>17884047

>Though maybe that's not staying out of trouble

You're getting it. To stay out of trouble first and foremost means keeping away from trouble in your own mind. For example, when helping out with other peoples problems, you must be disciplined enough to not allow your thoughts and emotions to become overwhelmed and overly influenced by the situation. Note that this idea is not a given and requires dedicated effort on your part to make happen in reality. But since you care about your mother, this shouldn't be too much of a problem since you have a naturally strong drive to be of help.

>Is there some kind of breakthrough when doing too much good makes me invulnerable to bad stuff?

So, you should help your mother out as best you can, but that does not necessarily mean it is best to share in her suffering and misery. Instead, it may be most helpful to focus on being a source of positive influence. That means carrying yourself in a manner which others will view as well-adjusted, independent, self-reliant, stress-free, etc. If you want to break the hold of this guys influence over your mother, you need to the higher influence in her life. That begins with managing yourself well and showing that good karma surrounds you, with positive change naturally following in your wake.
>>
>>17884113
I've been craving a visit to a cabin by the river I used to rent for some time. I guess that's the reason, huh? Thanks, I'll try to at least make some walks in the park.

>>17884176
Yes, I definitely try to be positive and shine a nice light into her life. But sometimes I feel I need to digest a lot of darkness to transform it to something nice, understand too much of her troubles to give helpful advice... and that brings me down.

Thanks for your kind words, I'll try to control myself more... I guess I'm being too careless and getting too involved. I suppose when sucking the venom out of a wound, there's no need to swallow the venom...
>>
>>17883816
Meditation works. As well as what anon said about music and sleep.
>>
>>17883816
This item card gets you back 5 basic energy cards, as for feeling better all I can suggest is you get good at the TCG, I bet your mother wouldn't of been so abused if she was able to win a match or 2
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.