[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Etimology. Diablo (diabolos) allegedly means slanderer, even
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: logo-family-diablo-c38bff4415.png (114 KB, 352x245) Image search: [Google]
logo-family-diablo-c38bff4415.png
114 KB, 352x245
Etimology.

Diablo (diabolos) allegedly means slanderer, even tough if you look for this meaning the explanation isn't satisfactory.

Dia is related to dies (dies irae anyone? yes, it means god).
Bolos however, doesn't make sense if it means what it allegedly means, we are left with a very stupid word sum.

Deacon, comes from diakonos, which means servant of god.

So konos is servant, and diakonos servant of god.

Bolos... is interesting, because I've gotten a few hints (untrustworthy) that suggest it means to desdcend from.

Funny enough, we all know what lucifer and luzbel means.

Also if you look for the word "lord" it means baal, which yes, was used by ba'alzevuv followers.
>>
iso soj
>>
>>17883441

βόλος = a throw with a casting-net, a cast of a net

Incase you don't know a casting net is a fishing net.

Diabolos means roughly the casting net (fishing net) of God.
>>
>>17883590

It is also linked to the word: door, meaning this diablo person would be a fisherman for God and an entryway.
>>
>>17883441
Your point?
>>
>>17883441
>Dia is related to dies

>The Late Latin word is from Ecclesiastical Greek diabolos, in Jewish and Christian use, "Devil, Satan" (scriptural loan-translation of Hebrew satan), in general use "accuser, slanderer," from diaballein "to slander, attack," literally "throw across," from dia- "across, through" + ballein "to throw" (see ballistics).
so it's Dia as in diameter (measuring across).
>Dia:- before vowels, di-, word-forming element meaning "through, thoroughly, entirely," from Greek dia-, from dia "through, throughout," probably from the root of duo "two" (see two) with a base sense of "twice."
>two (adj.): Old English twa "two," fem. and neuter form of twegen "two" (see twain), from Proto-Germanic *twa (source also of Old Saxon and Old Frisian twene, twa, Old Norse tveir, tvau, Dutch twee, Old High German zwene, zwo, German zwei, Gothic twai), from PIE *duwo, variant of dwo "two" (source also of Sanskrit dvau, Avestan dva, Greek duo, Latin duo, Old Welsh dou, Lithuanian dvi, Old Church Slavonic duva "two," first element in Hittite ta-ugash "two years old").
And here's deus
>Zeus - supreme god of the ancient Greeks and master of the others, 1706, from Greek, from PIE *dewos- "god" (source also of Latin deus "god," Old Persian daiva- "demon, evil god," Old Church Slavonic deivai, Sanskrit deva-), from root *dyeu- "to gleam, to shine;" also the root of words for "sky" and "day" (see diurnal). The god-sense is originally "shining," but "whether as originally sun-god or as lightener" is not now clear.
so they're both rooted in PIE (the Proto-Indo-European language) one from dewos meaning "god", the other duwo meaning "two".
source: etymonline.com/
>>
>>17883595
Schooled.

/thread
>>
>>17883595
>And here's deus
>>Zeus

deus is a latin word, not a greek word, so no, it doesn't mean zeus.

Also you seem to be cherry picking languages here and choosing and picking whichever etimology of whichever language fits your story the most?

LOOK, PAL, I CAN DO THIS PLAIN AND QUICK.

DOES THE WORD LORD, WHICH IS USED TODAY TO WORSHIP, DERIVATE FROM BAAL, AND MOST SPECIFICALLY BA'ALZEBUB?

TRUST ME, I CAN PROVE THIS WITH A MILLION LINKS.
>>
Diablo means devil. Thought this was common knowledge.
>>
>>17883606

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beelzebub

Ba‘al Zəbûb is variously understood to mean "lord of the flies" or "lord of the (heavenly) dwelling".

https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Belceb%C3%BA

>baal Sabaoth, which translated means lord sabaoth, yes, this is how the god of the bible is refered to by the very bible.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baal

honorific meaning "lord"

So yes, you faggots are worshipping ba'alzevuv, now if you excuse me, I'm navigating among lies to try and find the history behind lies.
>>
>>17883606
No, the word Lord comes from the name of an ancient king who melted into a pool of metal or something i don't know
>>
>>17883606
I understood deus to be the same word as zeus so that's why I went straight to that - and etymonline redirects you to zeus whenever it mentions deus.
>deus (n.) "God, a god," see Zeus; c. 1300 as a French interjection; never nativized, but appearing in adopted Latin expressions such as deus absconditus "hidden god."
and see here as well:
>divine (adj.) c. 1300, from Old French devin (12c.), from Latin divinus "of a god," from divus "a god," related to deus "god, deity" (see Zeus). Weakened sense of "excellent" had evolved by late 15c.
>deity (n.) c. 1300, "divine nature;" late 14c., "a god," from Old French deité, from Late Latin deitatem (nominative deitas) "divine nature," coined by Augustine from Latin deus "god," from PIE *deiwos (see Zeus).
so the Zeus definition is where they explain the root of deus as well.

>does the world lord derivate from baal?
etymonline says no
>lord (n.) mid-13c., laverd, loverd, from Old English hlaford "master of a household, ruler, superior," also "God" (translating Latin Dominus, though Old English drihten was used more often), earlier hlafweard, literally "one who guards the loaves," from hlaf "bread, loaf" (see loaf (n.)) + weard "keeper, guardian" (see ward (n.)). Compare lady (literally "bread-kneader"), and Old English hlafæta "household servant," literally "loaf-eater." Modern monosyllabic form emerged 14c. As an interjection from late 14c. Lord's Prayer is from 1540s. Lord of the Flies translates Beelzebub (q.v.) and was name of 1954 book by William Golding. To drink like a lord is from 1620s.
>>
>>17883628
I think it was commonplace for deities at the time to be called "lord" or "king" or something like that.

Moloch is another example (meaning "king").
>>
this belongs in /sci/ - reveal your secrets, don't flaunt them.
>>
Diablo.
>>
>>17883650
>it was commonplace
No, it was exclusive to that one deity.

>>17883634

lord is a translation of baal from the biblical language, not an etimological meaning, why are you this fallacious and deceitful when it is clear it is just a translation and not an etimology, is something that answers itself by asking you this: can you do a miracle that proves you are a son of god in this place filled with demons according to scripture that is the planet?
>>
>>17883661
>asking why he's talking about etymology
>first word in the OP is etimology(sic)
>>
File: 1466666131389-b.png (494 KB, 474x1358) Image search: [Google]
1466666131389-b.png
494 KB, 474x1358
If we break down Diablo, we get di- (two, or double or twin), a (without, not), able (as in not handicapped), and blo (it out your ass, sometimes also meaning blue). So we can see that Diablo really means a blue doublenigger blowjob, as niggers are retarded (a- and able means without ability). Blue sometimes also means barely cooked meat, so this blowjob is bareback aka no condom. Since niggers have extremely high STD rates, we can finally solve the puzzle and conclude that Diablo means: AIDS-bearing (similar to the Luciferian "light-giver") conjoined nigger twins who, as ancient Egyptian reliefs so obviously point out, will "sukk yo dik fo a dolla" meaning the world's oldest profession: blacksmithereens. That's why Americans hate abortion and taxes.

So that is why Diablo has an evil connotation. Sorry to burst your bubble, but you fags who think everything has some massive religious or ancient ayylmao conspiracy explanation to it have way too much time on your hands. Now excuse me while I finish baking cakes for my son's birthday weddings.
>>
Devil means D'evil, or "of evil". At least, I assume so since it can be broken down into meaning that.
>>
>>17883441
Dia =(~) Through
Bolos =(~) Drop
>>
>>17884442
Those would be some top cakes.
>>
>>17884442
i cant breathe
>>
when I was
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.